Hero Abilities Package - Vampire
Vampire Racial Package (Cost 140-140=0)
- Characteristics - +10 STR, +10 CON, +1 SPD, +5 PD, +5 REC - Cost 55
- Damage Reduction - 25% resistant PD, limited power - not vs. wood attacks that hit the vitals (-1/4) - Cost 15/12
- Damage Resistance - 5 resistant ED and PD, limited power - not vs. wood attacks that hit the vitals or any fire attacks (-1/4) - Cost 5/4
- Enhanced Senses - discriminatory smell, enhanced perception, +1 to all rolls, night vision, tracking - normal smell - Cost 18
- Healing - 1D6, regeneration, reduced endurance - 0 END persistant (+1), extra time - 5 minute (-2), self only (-1/2) - Cost 20/6
- Killing Attack: Hand-To-Hand (Bite) - 1D6 damage, reduced endurance - 0 END (+1/2), restrainable (-1/2), no knockback (-1/4) - Cost 22/13
- Lack of Weakness - 9 levels - Cost 9
- Life Support - self contained breathing, longevity - does not age - Cost 15
- Transform (Siring) - 2D6 major, from human into vampire body and spirit, linked to bite (-1/4), extra time - extra phase (-1/2), gestures - constant (-1/2), incantation - constant (-1/2), no range (-1/2) concentration - 0 DCV - constant (-1) - Cost 30/7
- Language - choose one (native) - Cost 0
- Distinctive Features - adept, detectable by small group, noticed - Cost -5
- Distinctive Features - game face, easily concealable, major reaction - Cost -10
- Distinctive Features - low body temp, shows on IR scans, detectable by small group, major reaction - Cost -10
- Hunted - by vampire hunters and slayers, 8 or less, as powerful - Cost -10
- Physical Limitation - cannot enter a human home without an invitation, infrequently, greatly - Cost -10
- Psych Limitation - fears holy items and fire, common, strong - Cost -15
- Susceptibility - to holy items uncommon, 1D6 per phase - Cost -15
- Susceptibility - to sunlight, very common, 3D6 per phase - Cose -35
- Vulneribility - fire, double BODY, very common - Cost -30
Conversion Notes: These vampires are based on the televisions series Buffy The Vampire Slayer. This conversion is for 5th edition Champions rules. Their Transform is evenly split between transforming their target into a vampire body and vampire spirit, so they need a total result of their target's BODY x4 to turn it. Because of the spirit transformation when converting an existing human character into a vampire you should make sure to change their Psych Limitations to reflect their evil alignment.
The limitation of "limited power - not vs. wood attacks that hit the vitals or any fire attacks" on their defenses is there to represent their tendency for going up in dust when you stake them or light them on fire, even if they can shrug off bullets. Vitals on a vampire is of course their heart. Although this would seem to be a pretty obscure attack, because of vampire legends, everyone knows to grab a stake and aim for the heart on a vampire, so for them it's pretty common.
I decided that going up in a cloud of dust when they die is just a special effect of being a vampire.
Race created by Joss Whedon.
Champions rules conversion by Mathew R. Ignash - email@example.com.
Last Updated - July, 2004
- Back to Matt's Champions Page.-