f a n f i c


The Key to the Destroyers Heart
by Psycho BA Shipper

Pairings: Dawn/Connor, Buffy/Angel, Spike/Faith, Cordy/Xander, Gunn/Fred, and Willow/Oz.
Spoilers: Everything off Buffy, everything off Angel.
Feedback: This is my first D/C fic. Be gentle. PsychoBAshipper@yahoo.com
Note: Connor never had sex with Cordy.
Summary: After the ubervamp, Nosferatu, beat up Buffy Dawn got scared she might lose her sister again. Not to let it happen this time she went to LA determined to find help from the Angel team.
Rating: same as the show PG-13
Disclaimer: Don’t own a thing.
Distribution: You actually want this. Of course it’s a yes. Just tell me where it goes.
Dedication: To every D/C ship out there.

Part 1

It’s not like they need me anyways. Dawn thought on the bus to Los Angeles. I am doing to right thing. Get help. I’ve lost my sister before I am not going to let it happen again. So here I am on the bus to LA to find Angel and ask for help. She hadn’t seen him for 4 years. He didn’t even say goodbye. Bastard.

Still she knew he would help. He had said that if they ever needed help, he would be there after he broke her sisters’ heart. She saw her sister slowly dying inside ever since. Then there was Riley. Riley, she liked. He never made Buffy cry. She didn’t understand that until later that he left because Buffy didn’t love him. Or not in that way at least. He was her rebound guy. And yet she knew her sister tried to move on and love him. She just couldn’t.

Then there was Spike. She also liked Spike, even tried bringing Buffy and him together. Until she found out that he tried to rape her sister. She was so furious at him. Although she knew the soul version and the soulless version were different she also knew that the soulless version just a demon. A demon that did the most dark and evilest things off the person who used to live in the body. Spike had loved her sister without a soul and with but she didn’t get it until later that if Angelus spent time around Buffy unable to hurt humans that he would realize that he loved her.

Demons could love, but the love was never as strong as a soul’ love. Well enough thought about this, she should think off something to say to Angel later. She could just walk in and say 'Hey Angel, guess what? Buffy needs your help or she might die again.' She hoped the note she left for her sister was not going to let Buffy off focus. She saw the sign that welcomed her to LA and sighted. Almost there.

Suddenly the bus stopped and people in black robes came on.

“Not good.” Dawn muttered. She grabbed her bag and tried sneaking out only to be caught by one of the robed men. The man held her arms firmly behind her back as the other pulled out a knife. Dawn’s eyes widened as the man came at her. She stopped hard on the foot of the guy who held her and kicked the other away as she made her way out the bus running over the streets off LA. She bumped in a muscular chest. She looked up to see a black guy standing there. (You all thought it was Connor didn’t ya)

“You ok?” he asked her.

“No, and if you want to live, you better run.” She panted and took off running again. She looked back and saw the guy not moving but reaching for his axe. She then noticed a brunette girl standing near the guy and she pulled a crossbow out off a bag. She stopped frozen. She then saw girl who looked familiar to her run up to her. She had short blond hair.

“Cordelia? Is that you?”

“Yeah...who are you? You’re ok? Gun and Fred and Connor are taking care off those guys.” She said.

“ I guess the stupid monks didn’t bother to alter your memories as well.” Dawn muttered. “I’m Dawn.” She said. Then saw Gunn and Fred struggling with the hooded men. She opened her bag and grabbed a sword. She ran up to them and started fighting.

Cordy looked in amazement as the girl in her vision was fighting off the hooded men with actually good moves.

“Watch out!” a boy called and Dawn ducked as a knife swept just over her head. Must be Connor, her mind told her.

“Thanks” she said and then resumed fighting. Finally the rest off the hooded men ran off. Dawn gave a sigh. “Damn bringers.” She muttered.

“Who?” Fred asked shyly. Dawn looked at the girl.

“Are you the AI team?” The black guy nodded.

“And who might you be?” he asked.

“If you don’t mind I rather go to the hotel first.” They all looked at her. Fred then nodded. She then saw Connor for the first time. He looked at her and she smiled feeling a blush coming up. “I’m Dawn,” she said studying the boy.

He had brown hair. His body was just perfect. And most importantly, this time, no vampire. The sunlight shined bright at the boy who was looking at her. Not too large, not to muscular. And she just wanted to kiss those delicious lips off him. Noticing she was starring she snapped out off it and blushed.

“Connor.” the boy replied studying the girl as well. She was pretty, long light-brown hair a little lighter then her actual color he noticed. She had a skinny form and the most delicious lips he had ever seen. “Thanks, for saving my life back there. I really wasn’t counting on the First to eliminate me.”

“The First?” Connor asked.

“Big bad back in Sunnydale. Pure evil. Created all evil on the planet.” She explained as they reached the hotel. “Wow, this is large.” She said to him as they walked in. Angel came up to them and saw Dawn

“Dawn?” he asked. Dawn looked up at him and wanted to glare but found herself unable to. Instead she just looked with a blank expression at him.

“Yeah” she said.

“Is something wrong...is Buffy...” Angel started, but Dawn cut in reassuringly.

“No, everyone is alive. Well except the girl that run off and got her self killed.” She added as an after thought.

“Then why are you-“ Angel started and she interrupted him

“Here? Well let’s see. The First has gotten some ubervamp out of a seal on the Hellmouth. It kicked Buffy’s ass twice. I kinda think we need help. I don’t want her dying again.”

“You know her?” Cordy asked Angel who nodded.

“You remember the yearbook with Buffy Summers in it?” he said and she nodded “That’s Dawn Summers Buffy’s younger sister.”

“The slayer’s sis” Gunn asked and stretched his hand. “I’m Gunn, this is my girl Fred. Next to you is Connor, Angel’s son. And that’s Cordelia whom you probably know if you’re her friends little sister.”

“Angel’s son. Since when can vampires have children? And how come he’s about my age.” Dawn asked, spouting questions like a fountain.

“Taken by one off his friends, brought to Holtz enemy off my dad, took me to Quor’toth, a hell dimension, was raised there by Holtz, found a way out when I was 16.” Connor spoke up never taking his eyes off the girl.

“I thought being created by monks from the green energy they call the Key was hard.” She said to him and at everyone questioning looks she said, “There was this Hellgoddess called Glorificus. Glory was kicked out off her hell dimension by two other gods; she was imprisoned in a mortal male body. Went to find the key to return home. These monks had to know for sure that the slayer would protect it with her life, so they sent the key to her in a form off a sister. Altered everyone memory so I fitted in. Glory found out, used the key to open the portal back to her home. Buffy defeated Glory, but it was too late. Dimensions would bleed into each other until this would become hell. The only way to stop it was if to stop the blood that started it from flowing. She since I was made out off Buffy’s blood, Buffy jumped saved Earth, died. And was revived by Willow with magic.” She quickly explained.

“So you’re evil?” Connor asked, his features hardening.

“No, I didn’t want it to happen. Do you think that I wanted to do this to myself” she said and held up her shirt to let him see the scars on her abdomen from her energy being used to open the portals. “I would have done anything to save my sister. I was ready to jump. She wouldn’t let me. Said that she suffered too much lost to much.” She glanced at Angel for a second before dropping her shirt. And looking back at Connor. “I just don’t want to lose her again.” She said feeling her breakdown coming. Before her knew it he was next to her and had his arms around her. He didn’t know what to say so he kept his mouth shut. Dane felt so safe in his arms and broke down. She sobbed into his chest. Connor thinking he did something wrong released her and pulled back.

“Sorry.” He mumbled. Dawn looked through her tears confused at him. Then reminding her self he’s probably never dealt with this kind of thing before she said,

“Don’t be. Just hold me.” And he did.

Part 2

After a good cry Dawn wiped her tears away embarrassed to let herself go like this in front off a boy she just met an hour ago.

“Sorry” she apologized as she straightened herself up and looked at the others who were waiting with concerned glances. “I came here for help. I can’t stay. You can either come with me back or stay here.” She said to the group.

“Fred?” Gunn asked and Fred nodded. “We’re in” Gunn said to her.

“I’m with you.” Connor said and Dawn smiled brightly at him.

“I’ll help too.” Cordelia said.

“If Buffy needs our help, I’m in.” Angel said. Dawn nodded and said.

“Well let’s go. I want to be back before Buffy and the others go start the war against the first.” Dawn said sternly. And everyone started moving quickly packing weapons and some clothes.

“Oh I almost forgot to tell since the house is kinda full with the next generation of slayers; Willow, Buffy and Giles you guys have to either crash at Xanders, Anya’s, or the mansion unless you want to sleep on the floor.”

“What’s the next generation off slayers doing at the house?” Angel asked her as they all prepared to go.

“The First is eliminating every potential slayer and then plans to kill Faith and then Buffy so there won’t be any more slayers and the Hellmouth is unprotected letting the world overflow with demons.” Dawn quickly explained to him while helping pack weapons. “That reminds me we have to break Faith out off jail.” She said.

“Excuse me?” Angel said.

“Gee is that vampire hearing from you damaged or something. I said we have to break Faith out off prison.” Angel just starred at her.

Connor smiled liking this girl’s attitude.

“I’m in” he said and received a smile from Dawn. She walked over to him and started explaining the plan she had come up with. Angel starred again and thought at how much Dawn had become like Buffy.

“So what do you think?” Dawn asked Connor.

“Well for starters, your crazy. I like it. Let’s do it.” Connor said and Dawn blushed and forced herself to focus on the plan and not at him.

“Ok, you guys finish packing. Connor and I have some business to take care off.” She told the other who nodded amazed at this girl’s quality off leadership. Cordelia came up to Angel and put her arms around him and said,

“You ok?” Angel smiled and turned around.

“I’m a bit amazed at how much Dawn has grown but I’m ok. You?”

“Well considering me not being able to remember a thing I’d say I am fine, a little nervous about seeing everyone from high school again, without remembering them. But ok.” Cordy replied.

Meanwhile in Sunnydale.

Buffy has found Dawn’s note and angry said, “Dawn when you get back you’re so grounded!”

“Buffy, Dawn will be fine. We need to prepare for the attack on the first.” Giles said to her.

“You’re right, I’m sorry. I’m just...”

“ Worried I know Buffy but Dawn can take care off herself. Besides when she reaches LA she’ll be safe with Angel.” Giles said.

Hyperion Hotel,

“I should probably call Buffy. To let her know Dawn is alright.” Angel said to Cordelia and went to his office and dialed the Summers number.

“Dawn” Buffy, said as she picked up the phone after just letting it ring once.

“It’s me Buffy.” Angel answered.

“Angel...is Dawn there?” Buffy asked.

“She was, she went off to get Faith out off jail. I just wanted to tell ya that she’s ok.”

“Thank god.” Buffy said as she let out a breath she was holding. “Wait how is she going to get Faith out?” she then asked.

“She had a plan and left telling the rest off to get ready for war and moving to the Hellmouth.” Angel answered her calmly, bracing for Buffy’s rant.

“And you let her go!” Buffy said angry.

“I didn’t let her go Buffy. She wouldn’t listen to me if I’d say anything. She’s angry with me for leaving you all. I think.” Angel said.

“Great just what I needed.” Buffy said sarcastic.

“We’re off to Sunnydale as soon as Dawn and Connor get back.” Angel told her.

“Aren’t you busy in LA?” Buffy said again sarcastic to him.

“Never busy enough to ignore your sister’s plea for help. She’s scared she might lose you again Buffy.” Angel replied.

“I know.” Buffy said, much more calmer this time.

“Do you want me to bring my books with me for research?” he then asked.

“Don’t bother. The First predates the writing.”

“Ok, we’ll be there soon.” Angel replied.

“Bye.” Buffy said as she hangs up.

LA, Prison.

“Dawn? What are you doing here, and who’s that with you?” Faith asked through the telephone to which they spoke.

“This is Connor. He’s Angel’s son. It’s complicated. Something very bad is going on Faith. We need your help. We’re here to get you out.” Dawn said as she stood up and nodded at Connor. “Step back Faith.” She told the slayer who very confused stood up and took a couple off steps back.

Connor then kicked the window in and the alarm went off. Dawn walked over to the confused slayer pulled her through the busted window. Security guard who till now had been too surprised and too shocked to act was now coming up to them. Dawn, Faith and Connor started fighting their way out. Suddenly a gun went off and Connor fell to the ground holding his shoulder in pain. Blood spilled out. Dawn scarred went to his side while Faith knocked the man out.

“D got to go.” She said.

“We can’t just leave him here and he’s to heavy to carry.”

“Go Dawn, I’ll be ok.” Connor said to her.

“I’m not leaving you Connor.” Dawn yelled at him.

“You have to, there is no other way. Faith has to fight, and you’re not strong enough. Just go.” Connor argued.

“NO, I am not leaving your side Connor. I won’t!” Dawn screamed and suddenly a green energy shot out Dawn and a portal opened. Dawn looked at what she did weakly and then passed out.

“Damn it.” Faith cursed as she grabbed the kids and jumped through the portal taking her chance.

LA, Hyperion Hotel.

As Angel put the phone down a portal opened in the lobby. Suddenly Faith jumped through with dawn and Connor in her arms. The portal then closed behind her. Dawn woke up as the portal closed and the green energy shot back into her. Still weak Dawn sat up and crawled over to Connor who was looking at her in amazement.

“Are you ok?” she asked him as she gently touched his gunshot. Angel came from the office and looked at the scene.

“Connor.” He said as he rushed to him.

“I’m ok, for being shot.” He said. Fred came in with first aid kid and Dawn took it from her not letting anyone else do it as she took his shirt off first gazing at his chest before snapping out off it and treating his shoulder. First getting the bullet out and then patching him up.

“There.” Dawn said, as she was finished.

“We should get going; the slayer is waiting for us.” Gunn said and Dawn sighted and then kissed Connor on his forehead and smiled at him. She then stood up.

“Right, we’d better go before the cops block all roads.” She then said and they grabbed the bags and Fred covering Angel with a blanket as Gunn carried Connor. And off they were to Sunnydale.

Part 3

Sunnydale, Buffy’s house.

“Oh what is taking them?” Buffy exclaimed impatiently.

“Relax Buff. They will be here soon.” Xander tried to calm her down.

“I know, I just wish they’d hurry. We don’t have a lot off time.” Right then the door opened and Dawn tugged her keys back in her pocket. Before she could do anything else Buffy was hugging her. “Don’t you ever do that to me again Dawnie.” She said.

“I’m alright Buffy. Connor is the one who got shot.” Dawn said hugging her back.

“Who is this Connor I keep hearing about?” A brown-haired kid appeared next to her. Smiling awkwardly at the group off people.

“That’d be me.” He said and examined Buffy. “What happened?”

“The First.” Buffy replied. Angel came in with his blanket over him; Cordy, Gunn, Fred and finally a nervous Faith followed him. “Faith” Buffy said looking at the other slayer.

“Glad you could make It.” she then said. “We can use all the help we can get.” The skinny brunette next to the black guy spoke up “Lorne would have come as well but he’s in Vegas, again.”

Once everyone was inside it was time for introductions.

Buffy started. “Well uhhm, I’m Buffy, the slayer. These are my best friends Willow, Xander and Anya.” She said nodding to each. “That’s Giles he’s probably the only watcher left. He’s sort of like a father to the most off us.” She nods to Giles. “And these are the slayer-in-waiting. That’s Kennedy, Rona, Chloe, and Molly.”

“Nice to meet you” Fred said.

“Likewise” Willow said. Angel then spoke up a bit nervous.

“I’m Angel, souled vampire.” he explains to the S.I.T.’s. “This is Cordy, she has memory loss. She can’t remember all off you. That’s Fred and her boyfriend Gunn. That’s Faith, the other slayer. And this is Connor, my son.” He concluded and Buffy gasped.

“You’re kidding right, vampires can’t have children.”

“I’m sorry I didn’t tell you Buffy but you said we shouldn’t meet again at our last meeting. I didn’t want to hurt you anymore.” Angel tries explaining.

“Oh my God, you have a kid. It doesn’t make any sense, how come he’s a teenager? I don’t get it. Please explain this to me.”

“Connor was taken by an old enemy from Angel who was brought to our time by a demon who could go through times. He opened a portal and the old enemy, Holtz, took Connor through the portal to the worst helldimension. Quor’Toth. As you know time moves quicker there. Holtz raised Connor to hate his dad and one day he found his way out, ready to kill Angel. We dealt with everything and we’re in a beginning off a family.” Gunn said.

“Buffy” Angel started but Buffy help up her hand.

“Not now.” She said and walked up the stairs and to her room. Angel stood there not sure what to do. His decision was made when dawn pushed him towards the stairs saying,

“What the hell are you waiting for, go talk to her!” He went up the stairs after Buffy and knocked on her room.

“Deadboy really has outdone himself this time.” Xander commented and Dawn hit him on his head. “Ow” he exclaimed.

“Come Connor you need to rest for the fight. You can sleep in my room.” Dawn said and took the injured Connor to her room. Willow smiled at them, knowing that the two liked each other. Xander walked up to Cordy. “We have to talk,” he said. Anya glared at them as they left.

The doorbell rang. Willow stood up and opened it to see....

“Oz” Willow said shocked and surprised to see him.

“Willow” Oz, said. And Willow hugged him tight.

**

Angel knocked softly on Buffy's door.

“Go away, that's what you're good at!” Buffy yells through the door.

Angel flinched but stayed put. “Buffy just let me explain.” He called through the door. The door swung open and he was met with Buffy's angry gaze.

“Well I'm waiting.” She said tapping her foot on the floor.

“Well, uh…it was bad time for me Buffy. After you told me you loved someone else I got kind off lost the reason I wanted redemption. When Darla came back, she was human. W & H made me mad by making me think about her day and night. I went mad. Fired my friends, and wanted to not feel again. Like when I lost my soul. I let people die, they were evil but I let them die. Finally I gave in and had sex with Darla, I wanted to lose my soul, to truly not care anymore. I didn't lose it however. It wasn't perfect happiness. Only you can give me that.” Buffy stood still a minute, and then spoke up.

“It hurts. It hurts so much that you had a son and didn't tell me, and with Darla off all people. But since were going to do the honest thing. Let me tell you about my life when I came back. I too was in a difficult stage. I was in Heaven, and my friends tore me out of there. No one understood how I felt, but Spike. Or so I thought. I was pushing my friends away and my sister as well. And finally I had… I had sex with Spike. I used him over and over again to escape dealing with my life. But it's over now. After a while he came back. Angel he went and got his soul, for me.”

Angel was silent for a moment. He was trying not the snap and throw with things. “Where is he?” he asked her.

“The First has him. Angel I don't love him, you've got to understand that. I love you, always have always will.” Angel looked at her for a moment and then grabbed her and pushed his lips on hers, demanding a kiss. Buffy easily complied. Buffy couldn't believe the sensation off the kiss, it had been so long. She needed him so much. He tasted so good. Angel was thinking the same thing; he let himself lose in the kiss. His hands roaming over her body pressing her close to him.

Dawn let Connor sit on her bed quickly pushing a bra lying in her room under the bed.

“You feeling better?” she asked concerned. “I am now.” He answered and Dawn blushed a bit.

“About before, I don't know what happened. I don't know what happened. I've tried opening portals before but it never worked. When you were shot. I just…snapped.” Dawn tried explaining.

“Why?” Connor asked her.

“What?” she said surprised.

“Why did you snap?” he asked again.

“I…I don't know. I, you I don't know. You were shot and I just got so angry that you told me to leave you and the cops were going to take you to jail. I just, I felt this incredible power inside me and first didn't know what it was and before I knew it a portal opened and then everything went black. I guess I met my key part. I just have to find a way to control it. After this is all over I will.” Connor listened intensely; he then got nervous and wanted to get out.

“I have to go.” He said getting up. Dawn confused and sad that he didn't want to stay with her asked

“Oh....” she said. “Why” she then asked. He was silent for a moment and then said.

“Because all I can think about when I'm around you is how badly I want to kiss you,” he said. Dawn's head shot up.

”Kiss me?” she asked standing up from the bed as well and slowly walking to him.

“I don't know what I am so this can never.” He started and Dawn finished and wetted her suddenly dry lips.

“That's not your decision to make alone.” She said their lips inches away from each other. Connor raised her head a bit and then captured her lips in a passionate kiss. Soon his hands were at her back pressing her closer to him. Dawn moaned in his mouth and let her hands go through his hair. This kiss was so much better then with the vampire who shall not be named. She thought for a sec but then all thought vanished and all she could think about was that she was kissing Connor…wait Connor as in Angel's son Connor, as in Buffy's ex’s son. Her eyes snapped open and she pushed him off. Then seeing the disappointed and confused look on his face kissed her again. Screw all that. I do what I want. She thought to herself.

“What is it Xander” Cordelia asked him when they were alone.

“It's…you really don't remember me do you?” he asked her.

“No sorry, I don't remember you at all. If I met you with my memory I wouldn't have forgotten such a cute guy.” She told him honestly.

“You think I'm cute?” he asked blushing.

“Yeah” she answered moving a bit closer to him. Their lips met in a kiss. Suddenly Cordy glowed white and levitated taking Xander with her. When they pulled back they fell to the ground, Xander first and Cordy on top off him. “Oh my God Xander are you ok?” Cordelia asked him.

“Yeah, that was…intense.” He told her.

“Well don't get used to it Xander Harris, I don't want to repeat another Xander/Willow fiasco…Wait, I remember. I remember you. I remember everything.” She exclaimed happy and she kissed him again, briefly this time. Then noticing what she just did she blush. “It's like I just woke up from a nightmare,” she said to him. “And-oh-my-god I acted like I was in love with Angel. Ewww, what the hell was I thinking. She didn't feel her long hair. “And I cut my hair, I died it blonde even. Who was I trying to be Saint Buffy?” She said and Xander smiled at her. “What?” she asked him. “Do you think this is funny?” Xander smiled at her and pulled her down for another kiss. Cordy giving into him began undressing him, needing him.

As the entire group except Anya, Faith, Fred, Gunn and Giles had gone off to talk relationship problems. Gunn and Fred were making out with a pissed Anya watching them. “Get a room!” she said to them but they ignored her and continued kissing.

Willow soon began sobbing into Oz’s arms. Oz held her close to him trying to calm her. Eventually Willow looked up at him and almost whispered.

“I missed you so much Oz. everything has been so hard.” She continued sobbing and Oz picked her up in his strong arms and walked over to the couch and sat down with Willow in his lap.

“It's ok Will, I'm here now. Everything is going to be ok.” He tried to give her comfort and Willow just curled up against him. Wanting to believe him and wanting to feel safe again. A safety only Oz could give her. Tara just didn't have it. That's why she was the strong one, so she knew she could take care off herself. She had loved Tara and she missed her dearly. It's just with Oz. there was something else added to what she felt. She still loved him. Part off her felt guilty for feeling that way with Tara gone, but she couldn't help it. And she knew Tara would have wanted her to move on. She just wasn't quite ready yet. She loved him but she needed time, she felt that Oz knew that. And she also knew he loved her and that he would wait for her to be ready.

“Angel we can't.” Buffy said pulling back.

“I know.” Angel replied then pulled her up in his arms and lay down on the bed with her on top off him. “Just rest, heal a bit. I’ll watch over everything.” He promised her. Buffy wanted to protest but found herself unable to. Just to lie in his arms again made her feel so…safe, so complete. She gave a soft sigh of being perfectly contended and Angel smiled and kissed her forehead. Buffy smiled and fell asleep. That day she dreamt off Angel being human. Of her liking ice cream off his chest, the kitchens table the Mohra demon that came back. Angel going to the Oracles, him asking them to turn him back, for her, her finding out about it and him holding her close to him, her telling him over and over again. “I will never forget.” She woke up with a gasp. She saw Angel watching her concerned. “What is it Buffy?” he asked her.

“I forgot. I promised not to but I did.” She told him holding him close to him. Angel shocked that she remembered the day.

“You weren't supposed to remember.” He told her.

“And you gave your life up to safe mine and I died anyways.” She told him.

“I know, Buffy. I know. I'm sorry. But I couldn't lose you. I never thought off the possibility that we would not ask each other for help when we needed it.” He told her.

“I understand…Angel?” she asked him.

“Yeah.” He answered.

“I love you. But next time include me in making a big decision. Would you now just hold me? We still got a while till sunset.” She told him.

“That I can do” Angel said and held her close to him.

Dawn and Connor were already tugging at each-others clothes. Giles knocked on the door. There was no answer and he came in. He saw Dawn and Connor kissing and looked shocked. The two teens obviously still hadn't noticed him so he cleared his throat. Still no reaction from the two off them. When he saw they were almost pulling each other’s clothes off he blushed and cleared his throat louder. This time the two did hear him. Dawn embarrassed told him flat out.

“Haven't you heard off knocking?”

“I did, you didn't hear me” Giles explained and Dawn blushed some more. Connor saw her discomfort with the situation and put his arm around her and Dawn hid her face in his chest in embarrassment.

Part 4

“Well uh, I was just going to say that we would be going in 2 hours. So get be ready to move out.” Giles said to the two teenagers. Connor nodded and Giles left.

Outside the room Giles shook his head. Who would have thought, Buffy’s sister and Angel's son? He thought to himself. He walked back downstairs, and sat down on the couch next to Anya. That moment Xander and Cordelia came in as well and Xander was met by Anya’s angry stare.

Xander sat down in a chair and Cordelia sat on his lap receiving an angry glare from Anya as well.
Cordelia being Cordelia gave her an innocent look. Then turned to Xander and kissed him passionately.
Anya’s mouth fell open but she quickly closed it grabbed Giles next to her and kissed him.

Giles totally surprised by the kiss didn't respond at first but quickly gave in then remembered who he was kissed pushed her off.

“Anya” he called her shocked. Anya shrugged and said “come on you know you wanted it ever since we lost our memory by Willow’s spell you've been looking at me oddly.” She told him bluntly. Cordy and Xander pulled back from their kiss looked at them and made a face that could clearly be read as ´yuck´. Anya shrugged and looked at Giles who was red with embarrassment by now.

To change the subject he said, “Dawn and Connor seemed to be heading it off as well.” Willow giggled expecting such and explained who Connor was to Oz quickly. Oz gave a small smile. Xander was being protective off Dawn and said

“Dawn and daeadboy’s kid.” He received a smack from Cordy. “Ow” he exclaimed and looked at Cordy who was giving him get –over-this-thing-between-you-and-Angel-or-I-going-to-be-very-angry-with-you. Xander sighted and Cordy smiled in victory brought his head up and gave him another kiss.

“Are you sure they won't do anything, impulsive?” Fred asked Giles.

“Dawn is very mature for a girl her age and Connor seems not the type to push so I'm sure they're fine.” Giles answered.

“It's not like they would try anything with the slayer and Angel being able to hear them.” Gunn assured Fred. “

Yeah, Angel would step in if it got out off control.” Fred replied.

Buffy woke up again in Angel's arms. She smiled as she saw him starring at her. It reminded her from long ago. The morning she woke up in Angel's arms at the mansion.

“Mhhh, what, do I have funny hair or something.” She asked him.

“Or something,” he replied. She smiled and lifted her hand to her hair and noticed it was a mess.

“Uh, not good.” She told him. Angel smiled remembering now as well.

“You look fine. Are you always so worried about your hair in the morning.” He asked her. “Just when you're around,” she replied. He smiled,

“We've got an hour to prepare, and we should probably get ready.” He told her.

“Don't want to move. Want to stay right here in your arms.” She replied blushing a little. Angel smiled at her and kissed her forehead, he then gathered her in his arms and walked down stairs ignoring Buffy's squeak “put me down” while she was giggling and fake attempted to get out off his arms.

Dawn and Connor had been resting on the bed. Dawn had laid down her head on Connor’s chest.
After a while she sat up with a serious face on. Connor thought: oh boy, here comes THE talk.

“Do you like me?” she asked him completely taking him by surprise.

“Huh” he said to her not quite getting it.

“I asked if you like me.” Dawn repeated a bit angry he didn't catch it the first time.

“I uh, I do. Like you that is. Do you uh like me?” He replied nervous. Dawn's anger from before was now forgotten and she smiled widely at him. Almost yelling “yes” and now it was Connors turn to smile. The smile made her melt and she sat on top off him and moved closer to him. Connor catching on quickly sat up a bit and kissed her to show just how much he liked her. Dawn quickly responded to the kiss and leaned more forward letting Connor's back flat on the bed. Connor made them role over so he was on top and he began kissing her in various places. Dawn moaned at his touched.

“Conn, the apocalypse” told him as he was kissing her collarbone. A bit disappointed Connor pulled back. He saw her smiling at him and smiled back. He got off her and rolled on his back again. Dawn snuggled close to him and he put his arms around her. “Promise me you won't leave.” She asked him. Not sure what she would think he would leave her he kissed her hair and whispered.

“I promise not to leave unless you want me to.” Dawn smiled at his words and snuggled deeper in his embrace.

“Mmmh I don't want to leave your arms.” She told him. He smiled but remembered the apocalypse so he too gathered her in his arms and ignored her squeaks and walked downstairs.

As Buffy and Angel had come down with Buffy in Angel's arms Willow and Fred gave wide smiles to show they were happy that they found each other again. The guys just nodded and Cordy and Xander said a short “hi” before resuming their making out. Buffy gave them a strange look but turned her attention back to Angel who had sat down in a chair with her in his lap. She snuggled close against him and played with his hand. Angel smiled at her and asked Giles

“Weapons?”

“We're as ready as we can be.” Giles replied as he thought to himself <it's been a long time since I've seen Buffy this way. I'm glad>

Not long after Dawn and Connor came downstairs, Dawn in Connors arms. Buffy and Angel looked up and the fun for the teens was over.

“Dawn after this is over we are going to have to have a talk.” Buffy told her sister sternly.

“You and I as Well Connor” Angel said sternly.

“What if I don't want to talk?” Dawn protested. Buffy glared at her and said in a now demanding voice

“We will have a talk weather you like it or not.” She told her and Dawn sighted, and sat down, Connor sat next to her trying to calm her. Dawn revised her sitting position so she was leaning back against Connor’s chest and laid her head back. After a going through the plan again and everyone armed Buffy and Angel were giving out orders to everyone.