f a n f i c


God Loves Ugly
by Fat Tony

Disclaimer: Buffy the Vampire Slayer and all it’s characters are property of Joss Whedon and Mutant Enemy.
Feedback: Yes, please! My E-mail is schweilles@yahoo.com
Summary: Spike and Dru’s relationship is tested when a ritual they perform has unexpected outcomes.
Comments: Inspired by the Atmosphere song “God Loves Ugly”

He lay there beside her, stroking her arm, and though she was asleep, it was apparent that she felt his touch. He stared at her, mesmerised by her beauty. He wouldn’t wake her for the world. Which was exactly what they were about to get.

“Master Spike?” Cassius barged in.

“What do you want?” Spike asked, visibly annoyed.

“It’s just that we are ready, you and the mistress are needed…”

“Alright, Alright, we’ll be out in a minute.”

Casius stood there for a while as Spike glared at him.

Finally, Spike snapped; “You still here?”

“N…no.. of course not…”

“Well, sod off then!”

“Certainly, Master Spike…” he bowed and left the room.

He looked back at his sleeping lover, her black hair shining in the moonlight that filtered in through the blinds. As much as he hated to do this, he had to.

“Dru… Dru, love, time to get up…”

As he gently rocked her, she woke up with a stretch. “Is it time already?”

“Yes, yes it is, love” He said, unable to hide his smile. “They’re waiting for us in the next room.”

Without uttering a word, she put on her dress and let him walk her to the next room. In it were Cassius and two other vampires in cloaks and hoods covering their faces, standing in a circle around a goblet set on a pole.

“So this is it, then?”

“Yes” replied Cassius, “After the ritual, you will have only to drink of the goblet and you and the mistress will be given what you wish.”

“Chipper. Work your mojo then.”

Though they seemed slightly annoyed by their master’s disrespect, the vampires did not say a word and carried on with the ritual. They bagan to chant, and then presented knives from under their cloaks and made a cut across their palms. They then placed their bleeding palms over the goblet and squeezed. In a matter of seconds the goblet was half full and they retreated their hands and ceased their chanting.

“That it?”

“Yes, master Spike” Cassius tried to hide his annoyance, “you may drink now”.

Spike smiled and handed the goblet to Drusilla. “There you go love, drink up.”

Drusilla took the goblet from her lover’s hands and drank. The blood tasted better than any she has ever had. She was saturated from the first drop and yet she couldn’t stop.

“Come now, pet, let’s save some for me…”

But Drusilla couldn’t stop, the world spun around her and all she knew was the blood. Sliding down her throat, moisturizing her lips, filling her every inch. She was never as satisfied as she was at this glorious moment.

Finally,Spike snatched the goblet out of Drusilla’s hands, a fierce look in his eyes. He looked inside the goblet. As he suspected, she left nothing.

“Oops, sorry…” She said, wiping blood from her chin.

“Quite alright, love” He forced a smile, “could you do me a favour and wait for me in the next room?”

She nodded and turned back. He kept his eyes fixed on her until she shut the door behind her, at which point his gaze turned to Cassius, no longer putting any effort into appearing content.

“Now listen to me you little wanker, you better do your chanty ritual again or you’re going to get in touch with your dusty side!”

“But the goblet, master Spike, it can’t be used twi—“

“Then get another sodden goblet!” Spike interrupted him.

“But there is only—“

“I don’t care! Either find a way to do the ritual again, or it’s dustville for you, mate, understood?”

“Yes” Cassius lowered his head.

“Oh, and another thing…” Cassius lifted his head to see Spike’s fist flying at his face. The blow brought him down to his knees, whimpering in pain.

“Minions… Throw one punch and they fold like a napkin…”

~~~

Spike halted at the door before entering the room where Drusilla was waiting for him, wearing his nice face back on. Though he knew he couldn’t stay mad at her, he didn’t want her to know he was ever mad at something she did. He took a deep unnecessary breath and opened the door.

“Is something wrong, my dear Spike?”

“Of course not love, it’s all… dandy…”

“Naughty boy! Don’t lie to me, I can see it in your face. You’re cross with me.”

“No, I would never! I mean… it’s that damn Cassius, that’s all…”

“You promise?”

“Of course I do, love, just forget the whole thing, I’ll kill him in the morning”

At that Drusilla gasped as if choking and collapsed on the bed. She started to shake uncontrollably, rattling the bed with her.

“Okay, I’ll kill him now…”

But she didn’t stop. She lunged upwards and then crumbled back down on the bed as slowly as a leaf falling from a tree in autumn. Rattling like mad as soon as she hit the bed, letting out screams of anguish. Spike’s world crumbled before his eyes as he stared at his beloved, unable to move.

He shook his head and ran to her aid. He knelt beside the bed and tried to hold her hand, but she wouldn’t stay still. He whispered in her ever-moving ear and stormed out of the room.

“Cassius!” He bellowed, but to his shock and rage, the room in which they had just moments ago preformed the ritual was now empty. “Cassius you bugger!” He shouted again into the empty space, and rushed back to his trembling Drusilla.

“Don’t worry Dru, I’ll find him, an-and I’ll make him make you better, I promise…”

Unnerved by her lack of answer, as he expected none, he hurried out the door to follow the scent of his minion.

~~~

Spike nearly broke the door down as he crashed into Cassius’ crypt. Inside were Cassius and the two vampires, this time with hoods down. One of them had short black hair and the other had shoulder-length blonde hair. Spike didn’t even notice them.

“What did you do to her?!” Spike demanded, grabbing Cassius by the shirt and pinning him to the wall, making him drop the bundle of bills he was holding in his hand.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about” he replied coolly.

“Drusilla, what did you do to her?!” His little patience turned to none.

“Well, I merely—“

Before he could finish the sentence, Spike dropped him to the ground and grabbed the stake from the hand of the vampire behind him who was aiming it at his heart.

“Well well well… thought you could off me while I was too busy pounding on your little friend here, eh?”

He barely let himself finish his sentence when he jammed the stake through the vampire’s heart. He didn’t even wait for it to turn to dust before heading back to Cassius and lifting him from the floor.

“Okay mate, now we’re in the same situation as before, only this time I’ve got a stake aimed at your heart so I suggest you start talking!”

“Come on, Spike, don’t tell me you’re as stupid as you look! There is no such thing as an empowering spell for vampires! The incantation turned the blood into poison. To tell you the truth, I hoped she would leave you some…”

Enraged, Spike threw him across the room. “She was gasping for air! She doesn’t even breathe!”

Cassius sat himself up, rubbing the back of his neck. “Well she was only supposed to drink half a goblet. The other half was for you. I guess she should’ve learned to control her appetite…”

Spike let out a cry of anger and leaped at Cassius.

“You know, normally this is the part where I see how many pretty colours your little face can change, but rumour has it I don’t have much time. So count your blessings, mate, you’re coming with me!”

“You really think I’m going to play lackey to you and your little harlot again? My work is done, and I don’t plan to—“

Spike expressed his opinion by punching him harshly across the jaw. After seriously altering his face’s shape and colour, he lift him up and carried him on his shoulders back to his place.

~~~

When they returned, Spike kicked down the door since his arms were occupied with Cassius, and stormed into the room. He dropped his beaten minion to the floor and rushed to the room where Drusilla lay.

To his surprise, Drusilla was standing in front of him calmly, waiting for his arrival.

“Dru, you’re okay…”

“Oh I’m much more than that, Spikey…” Before he could quietly rejoice, she punched him in the stomach and he flew across the room. “I’m dandy…”

Cassius came in limping and to his shock found his former master in a heap on the floor and his mistress leaning on top of him, looking smug.

“Oh goody, another toy for mummy to play with…” She made his way to him, and he stumbled back trying to escape. It was, of course, to no use and she caught him faster than even she expected. Behind them, Spike was regaining conciousness. He opened his eyes to see Drusilla taunting a squirming Cassius.

“Come now, Drusilla… don’t forget who’s responsible for your new strength… you wouldn’t want to kill the vampire that empowered you so… would you?”

Drusilla just nodded.

Spike rose to his feet and called out to his love. She turned her head to him as she heard her name. “The power…” he implored her, “it’s killing you…”

“Now, Spikey, that isn’t a very nice thing to say…”

“I’m serious… if you kill him I can’t beat the antidote out of him…”

Drusilla let go of her prey and turned to Spike. “Daddy is being very naughty today, isn’t he? Maybe he should be punished…”

“Dru, you know I love your punishments, but this is serious!”

Drusilla’s expression turned from playful to furious, and she made it very clear to her lover that she is very happy with her new found strength and isn’t very happy with his new found boldness. Without saying a word, she appeared next to him in a flash, or at least so it seemed to Spike’s eyes, and placed her hands around his neck, and snapped it with a swift motion of her hands.

A shriek of pain echoed around the room, and neither Drusilla nor Cassius could hide their amusememt. “My G… What the hell did you do that for?!” Drusilla shrugged and let out a slight giggle. She turned once more to Cassius but was interrupted by Spike.

“Um, Dru… love… this isn’t very comfortable…” He said with his head askewed to his side, forcing him to look away from her. She rolled her eyes and with another motion she snapped it back.

“Well, that’s better…” He said, rubbing his neck, making sure everything is where it should be. As soon as he said it, she slapped him. Her slap felt like a thousand knives forced into his cheek and digging in his flesh. He looked back at her with an expression of shock. “Du, as much as I hate to do this…” and before he could finish, she slapped him again, even harder than before.

“Okay, that’s it…” he announced and punched her in the stomach. Hard. Instead of folding over as he expected, she simply looked down at her stomach and laughed. Spike looked at her confused and worried. Confirming his worries, she punched him in the face, sending him once more to the floor.

“Now…” she said, returning to Cassius, who was enjoying himself too much to leave, “Where were we?”

Cassius tried to guard himself and pleaded for help, but she simply came nearer and nearer to him, slowly this time, since she was enjoying seeing him beg. Suddenly, Drusilla came to a halt and then fell to the floor. Looking down, Cassius was able to see a small arrow sprouting from her back. Looking slightly upwards he saw Spike sitting on the floor holding a rifle.

“Tranquilizer” he answered the question his face was asking, “now, Doc… the cure?”

~~~

Drusilla opened her eyes to see Spike kneeling beside her bed, his gaze fixed upon the floor.

“What’s wrong?”

Hearing her voice again, Spike sprung up and smiled widely. “Dru, you’re…”

“Alive?” Cassius completed his sentence, “Of course she is. I cured her, I’m free to go.”

Spike got up and stood in front of him. “Yeah, you’re free to go.” He took out his stake and struck his heart. Spike looked down at the pile of dust formerly known as Cassius and smiled. “Drive home bloody safely” he muttered and turned back to his Drusilla.

“I can’t believe you’re alive… well, undead, anyway… you were out for so long after he…” Spike didn’t need to complete his sentence. He simply climbed in bed with her and lay beside her once more. “Nothing will come between us again.”

“Oh, but it will!” Drusilla said matter-of-factly.

“Yeah? Why’s that?”

“Because we’re too beautiful together,” She explained, “and God loves ugly”.

“God? What the hell does that poof have to do with anything?”

Drusilla didn’t say a word but instead fell fast asleep in Spike’s arms, purring with delight. As he stared at her again he couldn’t help but think. Of course things will come between them, and when they do… he’ll just beat them down and go back to his mistress. He leaned a bit to reach her forehead and planted a gentle kiss. For now, nothing is wrong with the world.

“Go to sleep my little time bomb”.

THE END