My Boyfriend Rupert
by Gabriele Schulz

Pairing: B/G
Rating: FRAO
Date: 04/09/2000
Spoilers: Band Candy, Earshot, general season 4.
Feedback: Love it. Especially if you like the story ;-)
Distribution: Everyone who has my general permission. Others please ask first.
Disclaimer: The characters are the property of Joss Whedon, Mutant Enemy, Sandollar Productions, Kuzui Enterprises, 20th Century Fox Television, the WB Television Network, and whoever else may have a hold on them. I do not mean to infringe upon any copyrights.

Summary: Buffy tells her father a little lie and has to ask Giles to pose as her boyfriend. A role he fulfills to perfection. B/G

Notes: Let's pretend that Hank really loves his daughter and in his eagerness to reconcile with her is willing to accept *anything*, even a boyfriend (for his daughter), who is older than himself.

Dedication: Since it doesn't seem that I'll have very much time for writing in the next days/weeks and since it's already *way* too late as it is, this is for Holly. Happy birthday.


"No, Dad."

"Oh, I thought your mother told me something..."

"That was last year, Dad."

"Oh."

"Yes, oh. Why don't we just stop right here an-"

"Buffy, please, I... I *am* interested."

"Do I have a boyfriend?"

Short silence.

"Yes."

"Do you know his name?"

"No, but... but I'm sure it's a nice young man who goes to college with you... probably a few years older than you, am I right?"

Buffy hesitated. She wasn't exactly sure why, but for some reason she felt she had to prove that he knew nothing about her life.

"No. He's not going to college. And he's more than a few years older. Much more. And he's... he's a foreigner!"

"Oh."

"Dad, maybe it's best if you just keep sending cards twice a year."

"Buffy..."

"Bye, Dad."

She hung up.

She didn't feel like crying, but a little empty. As much as she wanted to make herself believe she didn't care, she loved and missed her Dad.


------------------


Two days later at Giles' apartment.

"What?!!"

"I was wondering if you could pretend to be my boyfriend while my Dad is here for a visit."

"That's what I thought I heard. And I can only repeat: What?!!"

"My Dad called two days ago. I thought he was going to die or marry, but it turned out that he suddenly remembered he had a daughter."

"I'm sorry."

"I'm not. Well, we talked and - big surprise - Dad doesn't know all that much of the things going on in my life. And I'm not even talking about the slaying stuff, which of course he can't know. Anyway, I ask if he knows if I have a boyfriend and he goes basically 'Yes?', so I asked him if he knows his name and he goes 'No, but I'm sure he's a nice young man who goes to college with you. Am I right?'."

"That seems to fit Riley."

"I know!"

"And your problem was?"

"He just guessed that!"

"I still can't quite see where I come into this."

"I couldn't just let him get away with that. Guessing right and thinking he knows me, so I told him 'No, he's not going to college and he's way older' and while I was at it I said he's also a foreigner."

Giles just looked at her.

"It seems it served as something like a wake-up call, because suddenly he calls again and says he's coming to Sunnydale for a short visit and would like to see me and meet my boyfriend - you."

"You didn't tell him it was me, though."

"I didn't tell him your name, if that's what you mean."

"Why me? I mean why not someone, anyone else?"

"How many people do we know that fit the description?"

"Uh... Spike?"

She glared at him.

"Apart from the obvious, what would I tell him? 'No, Dad, we have to wait because my boyfriend will go up in flames when we go outside now.' Not that the idea of Spike going up in flames isn't inviting."

"Ehm, Buffy, I can see that I'm probably the... eh... best choice for this... 'job', but don't you think it would be best to tell your father. I mean you obviously can't let him believe that I'm your boyfriend forever."

"Giles, if I tell him that this was just a way to prove that he doesn't know me, he'll think he was right and that everything is fine and that he knows what he should know. But he knows nothing. And for some reason it seems that you being my boyfriend sparked some kind of interest. It will show him that the image he has of me is wrong, and maybe he'll try to find out who I really am now."

"But Buffy..."

"Giles, I only have this one father. And though I often pretend otherwise, I love and miss him. A lot. Please help me."

She stepped closer and looked up at him with pleading eyes.

When he still didn't say anything, a pout formed on her mouth.

"Oh, for God's sake, yes."

"Thank you!"

She hugged and kissed him on both cheeks, then looked at him and kissed him on the mouth. He kissed her back hesitantly.

"Just practising. I'll be back at 4 so that we can make up a story and...practise some more."

She winked at him and skipped towards the door.

"Buffy, wait, what shall I wear?"

She looked him up and down.

"Keep that. It's sexy enough."

She smiled suggestively and left a stunned Giles alone.

"Oh my."


------------------


At four o'clock, an unbearably nervous Giles opened the door to a radiating Buffy.

He closed the door behind her and followed her.

She suddenly turned around and stood on tiptoe to kiss him. He backed away. "I knew that you'd do that! When my dad is here you can't! He has to believe that we're together."

"Well, he's not here yet."

She glared at him, then again tried to kiss him. This time he didn't back away, but he didn't really react either.

"Giles, I think it might be a little more believable if you didn't just stand there. You could put your arms around me. Try, it's easy."

He looked at her uncertainly, then put his arms around her and kissed her. "Not bad, really, but maybe you could... you know, move your lips while kissing."

Giles sighed inwardly. Here he was with the woman of his dreams, in his apartment. And she was urging him on to be more passionate. A bizarre distortion of all his fantasies.

He kissed her again, trying to please her and at the same time always holding back, not wanting to scare her and especially never even getting close to a point where he lost control over his emotions.

"Hmm, that was really sweet Giles. I didn't know you could kiss so well. Now we should talk about how we met and everything."

She took his hand and dragged him to the couch, where they sat down. As usual, Buffy's feet didn't stay long on the ground and she half sat, half kneeled quite close to a nervous but not yet panicking Giles.

"Well, we met at high-school, where you were the librarian."

"Easy enough."

"Exactly. Then you volunteered to help with my homework. You became sort of a teacher/mentor to me."

"Hardly a lie."

"Our relationship developed into something closer, not yet love, but... friendship. A bond perhaps."

"Quite true."

She smiled at him.

"Totally true. And then the changes start. We kind of met over the summer and things began to happen."

"Things?"

"You know, looks", she looked deeply into his eyes, "and touches", she brushed his hand with hers, "awkward smiles", she smiled cutely at him and he couldn't help smiling back blushing slightly, "kisses", she leaned forward and was pleased to see that he met her halfway for a tender kiss. Giles' hand wandered into her hair and she put her arms around his neck as he deepened the kiss a little more, still aware that he mustn't go too far. When he finally stopped the kiss, Buffy didn't immediately open her eyes. Giles heart skipped a beat when he saw her half-opened mouth and her dazed expression.

"Wow."

He smiled. She opened her eyes and smiled back.

"Eh, anyway, kisses and then... well, other stuff."

She said with a glance to his bed room.

"Do you think we need any specific events? First date? First kiss?"

"Nah, I don't think so. I didn't tell him anything yet, so we can improvise. And as for the first kiss, how about here on the couch?"

She smiled at him.

He wanted to kiss her again, but there was probably no reason to do it...

"Oh yeah, I have to practise calling you Rupert. I mean, it's not bad when it slips, I called you Giles for years, so I guess it would be normal to get into that old habit, but I shouldn't call my boyfriend by his last name should I, Rupert?"

It sounded strange, but also quite lovely coming from her.

"Rupert. Rupert. It's not so difficult if you try. This is my boyfriend Rupert. Hi Rupert. Could you help me out, Rupert. Thank you, Rupert. Rupert, I love you."

She looked at him a little more seriously.

"I love you, Rupert."

He nearly said on impulse 'I love you, too, Buffy', but held himself back at the last second.

"You should try that, too. To get into character."

"Hello Buffy. Thank you, Buffy. That is a lovely dress, Buffy. You look beautiful tonight, Buffy."

She looked at him waiting.

"I love you, Buffy."

Buffy couldn't help her sharp intake of breath.

"That was wonderful. Maybe we should practise some more... eh..." He leaned forward and kissed her again. Their arms wrapped themselves around each other of their own accord. Buffy moved so much towards Giles that he leaned back against the arm of the couch until she practically lay on top of him.

He kept fighting for his control, especially when Buffy's left hand started to graze over his chest.

After long minutes of this, she stopped with a sigh and set her head on his shoulder.

"I think we... we should be able to convince him now."

He smiled and kissed her fore-head.

They kept lying like this until a little later Hank knocked on the door. Buffy jumped up. She got something out of the bag she had brought with her and put it on Giles desk before going to the door. Giles followed her, only noting that it was a picture, not able to see what was on it.

"Hey Dad."

She hugged and kissed him on the cheek, then dragged him inside.

"This is my boyfriend Rupert."

She took Giles' arm, kissed him on the cheek and leaned against him, while he shook hands with Hank Summers.

Hank didn't seem shocked at all and Buffy was almost disappointed by this.

"Can I offer you something? Tea, water? Scotch?"

"Perhaps the latter."

Buffy let go off Giles' arm and directed her father to the couch.

"Nice apartment."

"Thank you."

Giles went to fetch the scotch and water for Buffy. He put the glasses on the table and sat down next to Buffy, who once again sat, legs on the couch. She definitely looked like someone who felt totally at home.

Hank toasted.

"To you I guess."

"To us!"

They all drank.

Hank smiled.

"You mustn't think that I needed a drink after meeting you. Actually I was expecting some 70-year-old South-American millionaire or something. So this is really a pleasant surprise."

"But still you wish my boyfriend would go to college."

"I didn't say that. I want you to have a boyfriend who loves you and cares for you and will always be there for you. Everything else is only secondary."

Buffy beamed, and her hand felt for Giles', who took hers before she had found it.

"And you do seem happy to me."

"I am."

She smiled widely. Then she turned around to Giles and kissed him. When she looked back at her father, she felt Giles' arms around her. She put her arms over his.

"So if you don't go to college, what do you do?"

"I am... between projects."

"Oh. How do you support yourself, if I may ask? I just would like to know in case things get more serious between you and Buffy."

"Dad, we haven't spoken about marriage!"

"I'm sure of that, but you are together for...?"

"Six months."

"Only six months. You look as if you know each other forever."

"We know each other for four years. Rupert was the librarian at Sunnydale High."

"Oh."

"Of course the romantic aspect of our relationship didn't start until after... the school blew up. And to answer your question, I've been able to put some money aside. And I will find a job if Buffy and I should consider getting married."

"Are you living here?"

"Yes."

"No."

"Well, 'officially' I still live at the dorm, but I sleep here almost every night, so..."

She could feel Giles' grip on her tighten a little and smiled at that. Hank obviously believed she just thought of said nights and cleared his throat.

"Could I use your bathroom?"

"Sure, right there first on the left."

"Thanks. Excuse me."

He got up and went into the direction Buffy had showed him. Then he turned around again.

"But I will be back so you might not want to..."

He trailed of and went to find the bathroom.

When the door had closed, Buffy turned around and flung herself into his arms.

"I'm so happy."

He smiled at her. He really had rarely seen her so happy.

He stroked her hair and looked at her in wonder.

He realized that the border between what they were playing and what was real was blurred by now.

So he wasn't surprised when Buffy leaned forward to kiss him.

He kissed her back as deeply as he dared.

Then she suddenly recoiled.

"This is just because he'll expect to find us kissing when he comes back."

"Of course."

They resumed their kiss without further ado. Once again, Buffy was so eager that she pushed them both towards the arm of the couch. Giles was wondering if she had totally forgotten about Hank, when he suddenly felt Buffy's tongue feeling its way into his mouth. If Buffy wasn't practically lying on top of him, he would have probably fallen off the couch. As it was he lay beneath her, not knowing what to do and what not and generally not able to form any coherent thought.

Then he heard Hank clearing his throat from somewhere in the living room.

"Nice shot of you, Buffy."

Buffy scrambled off of Giles and looked over the back at the couch at her father.

"Oh Dad."

She was a little breathless.

"Yes, I'm still here, although I am quite aware that I probaby can't leave soon enough."

"No, Dad! It's wonderful to have you here. Right Rupert?"

Giles was still lying, not quite able to comprehend that he had just had *Buffy's* tongue in *his* mouth. He sat upright shakily.

"Yes."

"Oh dear. Buffy, I think you shouldn't be too hard on your boyfriend, he might need a rest."

"Oh no, he likes it rough."

"Buffy!"

Giles couldn't believe her. He turned an absolute adorable shade of red, whereas Hank just smiled.

"Don't worry, this picture pretty much says it all."

He held up the picture that Buffy had placed on his desk. It showed her in a seductive pose, displaying a *very* generous amount of cleavage.

Giles was speechless.

"We should go eat now."

Buffy shut her Watcher's open mouth, kissed him on the cheek and went towards the bathroom.

"Just a sec, I have to make myself respectable again."

"She was never the shy type."

"No, shy she isn't."

Giles got up from the couch and ran his hand through his hair.

He began to wonder if he could survive this evening.


------------------


Dinner had gone pleasantly uneventful.

After walking to the restaurant hooked up with one man in either arm, they had eaten and told Hank a little about how their relationship developed. It was surprisingly easy to come up with certain 'moments'. Buffy and Giles completed each others sentences, never contradicting themselves in a way that couldn't easily be explained. They smiled at each other, kissed once in a while and generally sought to be near the other by leaning towards each other or holding hands.

Hank also asked about Buffy's classes and her friends and Giles' heart constricted to see her answering so happily. He hadn't been aware how much Buffy had missed her father in those years.

While they were waiting for dessert, he asked Hank about his job. Buffy seemed to be a little bored by that.

Giles suddenly felt her foot running up his calf.

He looked at her, but she smiled innocently at him.

He looked back at Hank, while Buffy kept running her foot along his leg. When she had stroked up and down a couple of times, she leaned towards him and put her hand on his knee.

He just looked at her for a moment before redirecting his attention to Hank.

Then Buffy's hand began to wander up his thigh.

When she was close to his groin, Giles jumped up from the table.

"Hank, do you think you could excuse us for a second?" Hank nodded, amused.

Giles took Buffy's hand and they went towards the restrooms.

"What are you doing?"

"Just standing here."

"What *were* you doing?"

"Rupert, he thinks we're in love and that we can't keep our hands off each other. I was just in character!"

"That was under the table. He couldn't even see that."

"He knows, Rupert. Trust me on this."

He sighed.

"If you could just keep you hands below mid-thigh."

She looked at him with big innocent eyes.

He sighed again and wanted to walk back to their table, when she held him back.

"What?"

She kissed him and ran her hands through his hair.

He looked at her.

"What do you think *he* thinks we did?"

"I think he thinks we did this."

He firmly gripped her and pushed her against the wall, kissing her for the first time without holding back. Since she seemed determined to drive him crazy today, he might as well enjoy this as much as he could. He pressed her against the wall, his mouth on hers holding her prisoner. His hands began to wander to her butt. When they reached their goal, he pulled her to his groin. She groaned, opening her mouth a little further and he took the chance and his tongue plunged into her warm cavern. She dropped the hands that had been holding him loosely. Her own tongue weakly tried to counter his fervent attack.

Then as suddenly as he had begun he stepped back.

Buffy leaned against the wall totally breathless, staring at him.

"That should be enough."

He went towards their table, but Buffy was too stunned to move and just kept staring at him. When he noticed he turned around, took her hand and dragged her to their table.

* * *

"Aren't you coming back in?"

"I'm afraid I have to leave. I have an important appointment tomorrow."

Buffy looked at him disappointed.

"But I'll come visit you more often. Next Saturday, okay?" Buffy smiled at him.

"And perhaps you and Rupert could come visit me in LA."

"We'd love to."

Giles put one arm around Buffy and extended the other to shake hands with Hank.

"It was a pleasure finally meeting you."

"The pleasure was mine. I'm glad I came."

The last he said with a look at his daughter, who enveloped her father in a long hug.

When she let go she immediately took Giles' hand.

"Next Saturday?"

"Next Satuday."

He nodded at Giles and smiled once again at his daughter and left them. They went inside and Giles closed the door.

Buffy walked straight to the couch and sat down, her feet for once staying on the ground.

Giles went to the desk to take a closer look at the picture.

He took a deep breath.

Then he followed Buffy to the couch. She just seemed to stare into space and sat uncharacteristically still.

"Are you all right?"

She had been awfully quiet after their return to the table. She had smiled once in a while and squeezed his hand when he took hers, but she didn't keep on her sexual advances and was generally not as giddy as earlier.

Now she looked up at him as if she had totally forgotten he was there. Then she patted the couch next to her. He obediently sat down.

She took his hand, but didn't look at him, her gaze directed nowhere as if she were in deep thought.

"That kiss... I mean the one at the restaurant, the one at the restrooms, the one... you know which one I mean..."

She looked up at him and he smiled a little and nodded.

"Was that... was that just show? I mean, was that just a pretend kiss or would you kiss like that if I really were your girlfriend?"

"It wasn't pretend and I wasn't holding back, if that's what you meant." She nodded.

"But with the others you were holding back?"

It was only half a question. He nodded his confirmation.

"Buffy, I'm sorry, if I went to-"

"Could you do it again?"

"What?"

"Could you kiss me like that again?"

"Buffy..."

"Please, Giles, I have to... I have to check something. Please." He didn't know what she meant, but he did note that she called him Giles again, which meant, that she wasn't 'in character' any longer. And yet she wanted him to kiss her. He looked at her beautiful pleading eyes and it was impossible for him to refuse her. Not that he wanted to...

He leaned forward and kissed her. His right hand went into her hair holding her tightly as he deepened the kiss. His left hand stroked her back. She wasn't as passive as the last time, opening her mouth for him, willingly taking in his tongue, which had immediately plunged in. She rubbed her tongue along his and uncurled her hands on his chest.

Then she pulled away.

They were both breathing heavily.

"So... did you... find what you were looking for?"

"Found you."

"What?"

She took his head in her hands and leaned in so close that he could feel her breath on his lips.

"Make love to me, Giles."

It was barely a whisper.

He stared at her.

"B-buffy..."

"No, Giles, don't tell me, you don't feel the same. Nobody can kiss like that and not mean it. And I could feel your heart beating as fast as mine." She took his hand and placed it on her chest, so that he could feel the rapid pulsing.

He looked at her an expression of wonder, but he was also frowning and she knew that he had second thoughts.

"No, Giles. Don't you feel this? My heart doesn't beat this fast when I fight for my life. And this is all just because of you."

"Buffy, you..."

"Love you."

"What?"

"I love you, Giles."

He looked at her, clearly not believing her.

"I know this is... could we please talk later? Please. Giles you have no idea how much I want you right now. I've never felt like this all my life. I... God, I need you so much."

She leaned forward and kissed him. When he didn't respond, she trailed kisses to his ear.

"Please, Giles, please take me."

He still couldn't bring himself to act. He had wanted this for so long. He needed to know that it was real. That she wasn't playing.

"Please don't make me beg."

She looked at him and suddenly he saw the desperation and sadness. They were real.

He took her mouth in a passionate kiss, pushing her back until they lay on the couch in one writhing heap. Their hands ran over each others bodies, that were rubbing against each other in the most pleasurable ways, while their mouths were fused into one by their entangled tongues. They stopped the kiss only to move on to cheeks and earlobes. Licking and suckling were occasionally interupted by 'God, yes, Giles', 'I wanted to this for so long, Buffy' and expressions of pleasure and encouragement.

Buffy gasped, delighted, when she felt his hands moving beneath her dress. He pushed it upward and began stroking her bare back when she whispered urgently.

"Take it off. Please, take it off."

He pulled his hands away and started undoing the buttons on the front of her dress kissing her chest as he exposed it.

"God, Giles, hurry up."

His nimble fingers had her out of the dress in less than a minute. He covered her body with his and began exploring her whole body with his mouth and hands, beginning at her neck and shoulder. She didn't even notice that he had removed her bra until she felt his tongue running roughly along one nipple. She moaned loudly and held his head tightly as he began to nibble and suck on it, while one hand kneaded the other breast and the other hand stroked the skin at her side.

Then he switched his mouth to the other nipple and Buffy began to wonder if she could actually come by nothing more than that.

After a while she pushed his head further down. He looked up at her.

"Impatient?"

"Don't tease", she said breathlessly.

He pulled down her wet panties and also removed her shoes so that she was lying naked beneath him. She spread her legs in clear invitation.

Not wanting to torture her any longer he lunged down and licked along her wet lips to her clit. He spread her for him and entered her with his tongue, eliciting a scream of pleasure from her. He pulled his tongue out and shot back in a fast rhythm, once in a while flicking his tongue over her sensitive clit.

She started to buck so that he had to hold her tightly to keep her in place for him. Then he began to concentrate on her clit, licking around it in circles before sucking on it.

That was just too much for her aroused body. Her hips shot upwards and she let out a shattering scream as she climaxed violently.

He moved to her side and held her as she came down, gently kissing her neck.

"God, Giles, that was..."

"Just the begining."

She looked at him, her face flushed, smiling happily. They kissed again, exploring each other carefully. Then suddenly Buffy's eyes widened as he entered her tight channel with one finger. He started moving in and out of her and curled his finger to stroke her upper wall.

"Giles!"

"Like that?"

"I... oh, Gooood... I love it, but... I want you..."

He gently eased his finger out of her and she whimpered.

"Get out of your clothes."

"Don't you want to help me?"

"Too exhausted. And hurry."

He smiled at her then got off the couch to strip. Buffy watched him, licking her lips. When he pushed down his boxers her eyes widened a little and she gulped.

"My bag."

"What?"

"In my bag."

She pointed to where her bag lay and he gave it to her. She pulled out a condom and dropped the bag to the ground. He was still standing next to the couch, when Buffy reached out and encircled his already hard penis. She licked her lips again and the shaft twitched at the thoughts that went through Giles' head. She looked up at him and smiled.

Then she leaned forward and kissed the tip of his penis before taking it in her mouth and sucking lightly.

Giles closed his eyes at the sensation. He opened them again however when Buffy let him slid out of her mouth. She took the condom out of the packet and rolled it over his erection watching his face all the time.

"And now come inside me."

She lay back down on the couch and once again spread her legs in invitation. He knelt between her legs and ran his shaft along her wet lips before placing the tip at her entrance.

He looked down at her.

"I love you, Buffy."

"I know."

Then they both thrust forward until he was fully inside her hot depth. They held still for a long moment their eyes locked, before they started a slow, gentle rhythm. She pulled him closer and ran her hands through his chest hair.

They kissed again and her hand wandered slowly to Giles back and then further down until she was cupping his buttocks.

She squeezed them, and he sped up his thrusting. She moaned her approval. Then he angled her so that he hit her clit on every downstroke.

"Oh God... This is heaven. Giles this is... Oh God, I think I'll come." He began to thrust even faster and harder and she moaned incoherently, writhing beneath him. Then she suddenly stopped and began to convulse around him shouting out his name. He kept pounding into her furiously and finally joined her in orgasm shooting load after load of cum groaning loudly. He collapsed on top of her and she held him enjoying the contact of their sweat covered bodies.

When he had calmed down a little, he slid out of her and removed the condom. He immediately lay down next to her and she put her arms around him. She was still panting a little and smiling at him affectionately.

"Is it like that every time?"

"You'll have to find out for yourself."

"I will. I will. I love you, Giles. And I have no idea, how I could have been so blind not to see that earlier. Do you remember when we kissed on the couch this afternoon? I thought it was really nice, okay more than nice, and was a little surprised that I... liked it so much. But I tried not to think about that at all. I mean I honestly can't believe what I did to you today. I was totally shameless. I have no idea what I was thinking, although it was probably nothing at all. I was playing this role and... somehow I could do all those things and it was okay to like them. Not that I thought about that while I did it. I began thinking after that kiss. *That* kiss. It was so... unbelievable. And it was you. And I loved it. Just I loved the whole afternoon. I suddenly realized that this was probably one of the most happy days of my life and that only part of it was that my Dad was here. It was because you were there. Holding my hand, kissing me, smiling at me and looking at me with... love in your eyes. My boyfriend. Only you weren't my boyfriend. Riley's my boyfriend, but I never feel like that with him. I feel nice and loved and different things at different times, but it's never all of this all the time, the way you made me feel. And I began thinking about us and how you always manage to make me feel good and how something was missing in my life and I never knew what. And how you look at me sometimes. Very seldom only, but... it makes my stomach all squishy inside. And then I put all these things together."

She looked at him for a long moment searching for any sign that he didn't believe her. When she didn't find it she smiled.

"I love you, Rupert Giles."

"I love you, too, Buffy Summers."

They kissed again, cuddling together, when suddenly someone began knocking at the door.

"Buffy!"

"Oh God, Mom."

Buffy jumped off the couch and threw on her dress buttoning it up, until she looked decent. Then she went to the door, while Giles still got dressed.

"Mom!"

"I want an explanation."

"I'm sorry, Buffy, I wasn't aware that you didn't tell your mother that you and Rupert were together."

"Is it true?"

"Eh."

Giles came up behind Buffy and Hank just looked at both of them and turned to his ex-wife.

"Joyce, I think this is a bad time."

"Bad time?! I don't care about the time. I want to know what the hell is going on here."

"We were obviously interrupting... something."

Joyce calmed down for a second and took in the tousled, flushed look of both Buffy and Giles.

"Oh my God, it's true. How long has this been going on?"

"Six months."

"What?!"

"No, Mom. Eh, Dad, we have to tell you something. Giles and I are together. But not for six months, more like six hours or actually, when did you drop us here after dinner?"

"I don't think I understand."

"I... I was lying about my boyfriend being old and a foreigner. My soon-to-be-ex-boyfriend is actually a few years older than me and goes to college with me and his name is Riley. He is exactly what you guessed and that's why I had to lie to you. Dad, you don't know anything about me. Well, at least you didn't. Now you do know the most important. I love Rupert Giles."

He looked at her for a moment.

"We should talk more about his on Saturday."

She smiled and nodded.

"I still don't understand this. You love this man? When did this happen?"

"I don't know. But I just realized that I did today. And he's not 'this man'. He's the man I love and you know his name."

"Buffy."

Giles put his hands on her shoulders and she leaned into him.

"Let's leave them alone Joyce."

"But..."

"Don't you remember when we were young? I'm sorry we interrupted you." The last he said to Buffy and Giles.

"Actually you didn't we were already finished. At least for the first time." She grinned up at Giles, while all others blushed.

"Ah... Okay, I think we'll still leave you alone now, so that you can..."

"Do it again."

"Buffy!"

"Come on, Mom, you should know best how I feel."

Joyce turned a deeper shade of red.

"We'll talk later."

Then she turned around and walked away.

"What is she talking about?"

Giles didn't answer Hank's question.

"Never mind. I'll leave you alone now. And I'll see you on Saturday."

He quickly kissed her and walked away, too.

They went back inside.

"That was really subtle, Buffy."

"You think so? I thought I was pretty blunt." He glared at her.

"Don't you want to do it again, Rupert?"

"So I'm Rupert again."

"You are my boyfriend now. I even introduced you to my parents so it's official."

"So you want to celebrate that?"

"Actually I don't care about it, I just want to make love to me again, because it was wonderful."

"That's a good enough reason. Any requests?"

"Never ever stop loving me."

"I meant making love."

"I know."

He enfolded her in his arms and kissed her.

"I love you, Buffy."

She looked at him.

"You know I just realized that we did all today. The looks", she looked deeply into his eyes again, "the touches", she ran her hands up his arms, "the smiles", she smiled at him, "the kis-", he interupted her with a kiss. "But we never got to", she nodded up at the bed room. "Well, at least not inside there, so I guess that's my request."

"I hope that I can always fulfill your wishes so easily." He picked her up and carried her towards the bed room, while she put his arms around his neck and kissed him again...


END


(read more of Gabi's fic at buffygiles.com)

Site Meter