*banner by Selene*



Title: It All Belongs To Me
Author: Oracleholly
Rating: NC-17
Warnings: Violence, Sex, Blood play, BDSM
Pairing: Spike/Drusilla
Summary: Spike and Drusilla enjoy the offerings of Chicago, December 1928.
Disclaimer:
Spike and Drusilla are the creations of Joss Whedon. I'm not making any profit from this story (unless by some miracle a little birdie tells Joss about my story and he decides, "Yes! I must have that made into an actual book." - but that event is unlikely.)
Distribution: Written for the Fall_for_Spike community, 2005. Ask permission if you would like to post this in your archive.

A/N1: The talented Selene2 created the incredible banner for this story. Thank you so much for crafting it for me.
A/N2: The title was inspired by the song, "It All Belongs To Me," words and music by Irving Berlin, 1927. Lyrics in this chapter are credited to this song.
A/N3: Since I'm not from Chicago and have never had an opportunity to travel there, the historical information of the various sights and locations were gleaned from researching this site: Jazz Age Chicago.
A/N4: Thank you to Flexsis for once again making my work even better.

Chapter One
beta by Flexsis

A cold, steady wind drifted across the streets of Chicago, carrying a hint of moisture from Lake Michigan, as a striking couple stepped off a train that had recently arrived at Union Station. The couple had apparently taken advantage of the overnight train service provided by Broadway Limited, traveling directly from Penn Station in New York City. Despite the lateness of the hour, Union Station maintained a healthy crowd of tourists, businessmen, locals, thieves, and other sundry visitors. In spite of the crowd, the couple caused heads to turn as they strolled past, both seemingly containing an ethereal beauty.

The woman resembled a living porcelain doll, with obsidian hair fingered into delicate curls pressed tightly against her flawless skin, in a version of the popular bob. A crimson sheath dress draped over her lithe frame. Black beading accentuated and hinted at curves, which would delight any man lucky enough to capture such a bounty. Her pale, bare arms braved the frigid December air until a brown mink suddenly obstructed any view of them. The sudden presence of the mink drew attention away from her to focus on the man in her company.

Of average height, the man's head barely inched above his lady's. Unusually dyed blonde hair, slicked back, topped his head, but small hints of curls sprang away in opposition where it met the nape of his neck. The blonde hair seemed an oddity in this age where only women were known to brave such a color, and caused many to wonder why he'd not stuck to the traditional black dye so favored among ageing men. However, no one - man nor woman - could deny that the color suited him. Cobalt eyes, steely in their intensity, softened at something the lady whispered to him. A devilish half smile livened his angelic face and impossibly deepened his razor sharp cheekbones. The gentleman wore a proper suit, suitable for an evening spent enjoying good jazz. Those sizing up the man for an easy mark failed to notice how the cut of his suit alluded to a wiry, muscular frame.

Both began strolling toward the main concourse of the station with a confidence carried by those who possessed money and power. Local riffraff surreptiously began following the handsome couple at a discreet pace, none of them recognizing the pair as protected by the Mafioso. None of the would-be muggers observed the unmitigated, lethal delight in the eyes of their "prey" as both the man and the woman became aware of their followers.

The couple slowly walked through the enormous main concourse, the woman apparently delighted by the ninety-foot high, skylighted ceiling that allowed travelers to peek up at the stars. A redcap, who 'til now had gone unnoticed, caught up to the couple, with three pieces of luggage in tow. The man stopped, shushed his lady, and asked the redcap a question. With a gesture toward the main waiting area, the couple began following the redcap.

The thieves shadowing the couple thought that they'd hit the jackpot, as it appeared their targets were going to be resting in the hall area while waiting for their next train. Unbeknownst to the thieves, however, the couple had no immediate plans to leave Chicago. Having worked together several times previously, the three Italian-looking men took their prearranged positions, fanning out in a sort of v-formation behind the couple. One kept dead center behind them. He would be the one to bump into the man, at first acting as if he were just another flustered, tired traveler. Then, once he started excusing himself, his associates would close in on the flanks with carefully hidden handguns. The leader, the "bumper," nodded his head to his two associates, as they entered the waiting area.

The couple entered the main waiting hall of the station; complete with its pink Tennessee marble and massive wooden benches. The hall's lighting highlighted the marble and generated a sense of calm and comfort to those weary travelers killing time between trains.

The leader of the thieves overheard the lady say, in a markedly British accent, "Look at all the pretty dollies. All dressed up, but no party for them." Unsure of what she was referring to, he decided that the lady was a loony, making these targets much easier to take down. A sinister smile crept across his face, showing hints of poorly maintained teeth.

The redcap had also overheard the strange but beautiful creature, but quickly dismissed her utterance as some British slang. He'd been working for the Station since it opened in 1925, and during that time, he'd heard and seen many a strange thing. Life always seemed to surprise him, and despite some of the more irritating aspects of his job, such as pains in his shoulders and arms after a particularly long day, he enjoyed the variety that came with it. He used to work mornings and afternoons, but a change in schedule a couple of weeks ago forced him to work nights and early mornings. His wife didn't much care for his new schedule, but she couldn't really complain - at least he had a job and was providing food for the table.

Preoccupied with his thoughts, the hand placed on his shoulder startled the redcap. Turning around, he saw that his charges had stopped; the man dropped his hand. Starting to blush with embarrassment, the redcap stammered, "I apologize, sir. Where would you like me to stow your baggage?"

"He would be delicious, my William. May I keep him?" asked the woman.

"No, my plum. There're other treats close at hand," answered the man. "Feel them, luv?"

A wild, hungry look reflected in the woman's eyes, and she began caressing the man's chest with carefree abandon. "Oh, yes. Miss Edith tells me their wicked little plans. But she's angry with me for putting her to bed." A pout quickly formed on her cupie bow lips.

The redcap stood at the ready for any directions the couple might give concerning their baggage, but he really wanted to just drop the bags and run as fast as he could away from the pair. Both of them had to be mad - completely insane - and he for one wanted no part in their reality.

The man turned his head away from his lady and looked at the redcap. The redcap would later swear that he'd seen the man's blue eyes turn gold for the briefest of moments. "Not to worry, mate. You've been right helpful to me and my girl." The man suddenly seemed to grow fangs, and his forehead creased into pronounced ridges, shocking the redcap. As quickly as the fangs and ridges appeared, though, they vanished. "Now, sod off, or I'm letting my princess have a taste."

"Oh yes, please," the woman excitedly responded.

Not needing any further incentive, the redcap dropped the bags immediately, and quickly walked away back to the main concourse. Only later, and after consuming a number of illegal drinks, did the redcap lament that he'd not received a tip.

Unfortunately for the band of thieves, they'd neither seen the transformation, nor overheard any of the conversation that had occurred. They only witnessed the redcap suddenly - and completely uncharacteristically - drop the couple's baggage and leave quickly. The leader paused and contemplated whether the man was packing heat. He looked over at the associate to his right, who was in charge of covering the male target, cocking his head as if asking that question. The thief on the right shook his head in the negative, and then shrugged, indicating that he didn't know what was going on, either.

The pair started walking over to a wooden bench in a darkened corner of the hall where the lights had dimmed. The leader thought, "They're making this too easy." But, not allowing himself to listen to the niggling sensation in his gut that told him to just let the couple go, he nodded his head to signal the others to start the shakedown. Bumping hard into the right shoulder of the male target, the leader was startled when the man didn't even budge or give an inch. Quickly recovering, he took on his role: "Oh, excuse me. I wasn't looking where I was going."

The cue had been given; from the left and the right, the would-be thieves converged on the couple. The man on the left poked his gun into the lady's side, but she just looked at him, smiled, and said, "You brought toys! Bad moppet. Daddy said it's not nice to tease, unless you mean it."

All three thieves heard the lady's strange remark, which distracted them from the man, who quickly grabbed the fist of the thief to his right. Slowly but sickeningly loudly, the bones in the thief's wrist began to break, causing him to drop his gun. "Shoot him, Cy!" the thief cried. "He's breakin' my friggin' wrist!"

Before Cy, the leader, could cock the gun and fire, the man swung around, and Cy came face-to-face with the devil. Golden eyes, elongated fangs, and sharp forehead ridges met the stunned and now terrified Cy. His mind too preoccupied with trying to digest what was standing before him, Cy didn't notice what was happening to his pal, Alberto, on the left.

As her man had swung to face the snack to their rear, the woman shifted her features as well. Her ridges were smoother than the man's, and she appeared more feline in her countenance. Reaching out to her would-be captor, she pulled him close against her body and began swaying with him. Alberto began to protest and tried to pull away from her vise-like grip.

"Tut… tut," the lethal beauty said. Still maintaining her hold on Alberto, she waved two fingers of her right hand in front of his eyes. "Be in me," she commanded. Unable to do anything else, Alberto began to willingly sway with the creature holding him. She danced him farther into the corner, smiling wickedly the entire time. Without warning, she struck, fangs slicing into the flesh of her victim's neck. Drinking the pooling, flowing blood of her prey, she grasped him even tighter into her embrace. In moments, it was over, and she dropped the dead being once known as Alberto the Fish unceremoniously to the floor.

Licking her bloodied lips, she clapped her hands in delight. She briefly watched her companion play with his victim before she took notice of the wounded man on the floor. Stalking her new prey with the poise of a tigress on a hunt, she backed him into a wooden bench.

The man with the crushed wrist had watched in mind-numbing horror as the creature now approaching him killed Alberto. Scooting backwards as best he was able, he tried to put as much distance between him and her as possible. Then he felt the unmovable wooden bench hit his back. He knew he should be screaming for help, even from the police, but he was frozen in fear. And still she kept coming.

While Alberto's life was being drained away, the once cocky leader had become fodder for the monster before him. Cy's mind finally cleared, reaching the impossible but inevitable conclusion that he was facing a vampire. Belying his scruffy looks and streetwise ways, Cy had once been a smart boy, who used to love to read before his dear mama died. One of the books he'd loved to read again and again was Bram Stoker's Dracula.

Immediately, Cy knew his gun would do him no good in this situation. Being Italian and a Roman Catholic, he wore a silver crucifix inside his shirt. With fumbling hands, Cy pulled out the cross with an expression of triumph. However, triumph soon became misery, as the vampire simply tore it out of his hands, breaking the chain and flinging it out of reach. "Aren't vampires supposed to be afraid of crosses?" Cy wondered, right before his neck was viciously grabbed.

"Stupid ponce," said the vampire. Maintaining his grip on Cy, he began to rant. "You know that poofter has made it hard on the rest of us. But does he care? No, he had to go and get bloody famous. And it's not like we all are like him, you know." Deliberately nodding Cy's head, as if in agreement with what the vampire was saying, he continued, "I mean, the git's got those gypsy tricks. Wanker."

Briefly looking over at his lady, the vampire commented, "Drusilla, mind you not dirty your pretty new frock." Turning back to Cy, he continued, "I'll never hear the end of it if she gets blood on her beading - such a chore to clean. So, mate … you and your little gang here thought you would take advantage of some nice, unsuspecting travelers, did you?" Seeing the nervous look in his prey's eye, the vampire chuckled. "I like your style. Another time, I might have made you a fledge, but I'm just not in the mood."

With that, the vampire brought his fangs tantalizingly close to Cy's neck and sniffed. The vampire relished the fear emanating off the burly thug. Gleefully, he bit into the thick, fleshy neck, bringing the intoxicating blood to the surface. When he was finished, instead of following the lead of the female vampire he had called Drusilla letting the corpse fall to the ground, the vampire dragged the body over to a bench and sat it down.

To any unlikely observers, it would have appeared that the man was helping a very intoxicated or tired fellow to a seat. However, everyone who could have seen was too caught up with his or her own problems, and no one cared to notice anything amiss. After setting his corpse down, the vampire quickly retrieved Drusilla's kill and set him on the bench beside his associate. Then he returned to his lady's side.

The last survivor of the unlucky gang was named Salvatore, but his friends called him Aces, because he was a world-class poker player. He had been the youngest of this group formed by Cy, and had no one to go home to. He'd carried on with a bevy of girls who liked his dark looks and muscular physique and the money that he flaunted. Allegedly, he was somehow related to the South Side mob boss, Al Capone, but he really wasn't. Of course, he took advantage of the rumor, seeing it as a good way to keep him alive.

Looking into the horrible faces of the killers before him, he knew inherently that nothing he could say or do would get him out of this mess. So, he began to pray. "Our Father, who art in Heaven…."

"I know that one. Can I play, too?" Drusilla's face, despite its vampire visage, took on a child-like quality. "'Our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed be His name…' Bad puppy. Chord's all broken now." Spike began caressing her cheek to calm her down.

Salvatore couldn't believe that this monster could begin to recite the Lord's Prayer and not be struck down for it. He started trying to stand, using his good hand to prop himself up on the bench. Looking past the monstrous couple, Sal saw the bodies of Cy and Alberto sitting, seemingly asleep, on another bench. They appeared to be at peace, and he hoped that it was so. Then he bravely glanced back at the duo that were stroking each other's faces.

Spike's attention strayed back to the last of the thieves, now sitting on a bench. "Come, Dru, we can't keep the man waiting. Shall we take him together, luv?"

"Please, I've been such a good girl."

"That you have, my treasure… that you have."

With very little effort, Spike lifted the wounded man off the bench, allowing the man to regain his footing. Sliding his right arm under the man's left, Spike kept him aloft. Drusilla slinked to the man's left and took a similar hold.

Salvatore felt he'd rather be looking into the eyes of the lady than the man, and did so. Seeing the man ogling his woman, Spike started softly singing in Salvatore's ear, "Hey there, you. You'll get in dutch. I'll let you look, but then you mustn't touch. For it," gesturing to Drusilla swaying beside him, "all belongs to me."

Salvatore began to protest that he wasn't thinking about the vampiress that way, but any denials were silenced by the feeling of two pairs of fangs piercing his neck on both sides. Abashedly, instead of the expected pain, Sal began to grow aroused at the lulling sensation of his blood flowing from him into his killers. It didn't help his situation when the woman began discreetly stroking his cock in rhythm with her sucking. His last coherent earthly musing was whether Cy and Alberto experienced the same thing.

Swiping his middle and index fingers across his bloodied lips, Spike then inserted the coated digits into his mouth licking them clean. "Now, that was fun." Drusilla nodded enthusiastically.

Taking Drusilla's left hand in his, Spike brought it to his lips, turned it so her palm lay bare, and kissed it where palm met wrist. Drusilla seemed enchanted by the delicate, loving gesture. With a simple jerk, Spike pulled Drusilla close and nuzzled her neck, purring low. Drusilla rubbed her cheek against Spike's forehead.

Then, with unspoken synchronization, both vampires turned their heads toward the Adams Street exit. Spike spoke mischievously, "Let's go make nice with the locals, luv." Strolling through the exit, the master vampire couple stepped out into the dark Chicago night, braving its freezing temperatures, and disappeared.

TBC
A/N5: Yes, Spike's hair is dyed blonde for this piece. Yes, normally his hair would have been brown. You'll find out why in Chapter 2.


A/N1: Once again thank you to Flexsis for the beta.

A/N2: If you'd like to take a peek at the car that Spike drives in this chapter (and what inspired me to have him drive it), please see Clive Cussler's Car Collection or go to Clive Cussler's Numa site.

A/N3: Credit for the Jazz slang in this chapter and in future ones goes to Internet Guide to Jazz Slang. For definitions to the words in this chapter, see A/N4 at the end of the chapter.

Chapter Two

A few days had passed since a pair of Union Station patrolmen discovered what they thought were three vagrants dead on a couple of benches in the waiting area off the main concourse. One of the patrolmen had taken his nightstick and nudged one of the men, who had not responded to their orders to move. The body fell forwards, hard, onto the floor, and caused the other body to fall backwards in a similar manner. One patrolman, a retired Chicago police officer, remained on the scene and sent his partner back to the base to get help, and also to retrieve a doctor from the Station's hospital.

Not wholly unfamiliar with crime scenes, the retired cop searched the bodies for identification, and to his surprise he found wallets for all three. He noticed that two of the bodies had twin puncture holes on one side of the neck, but the third had almost matching marks on both sides of his. He'd heard of some mob hits where an ice pick had been used, and thought that perhaps that's what he had here. Rubbing his hair and sighing with resignation, he knew that finding witnesses would probably be impossible. Until the doctor could give him an approximate time of death, any investigation would be stalled.

The retired cop was correct in his prediction. Even though the dead men were known criminals, no clues were ever discovered that led to an arrest. The case was filed with other mysterious but unexplained deaths in the area and was never solved.

*****

Cruising up North Clark Street at a pace that allowed both the wealthy and the poor alike to whistle in appreciation, the red 1926 Hispano-Suiza H6B Cabriolet's aluminum coachwork positively gleamed in the twilight. Unlike other motorists traveling in the freezing temperatures, the driver of the red beauty had the top down, letting the wind whip through his blonde hair. His female passenger had her arms waving in the air, and those they passed standing on the streets could hear her command, "Faster, faster!"

Appreciating both the feel of the automobile and the view of Drusilla's ecstasy, Spike laughed. The vehicle had been freed from the ownership of an exceedingly obese wealthy man who had an equally obese wife. Spike justified his newly acquired ownership, thinking to himself that the fat man could never have truly valued its handling.

*****

After leaving Union Station, Spike had led Drusilla down Adams Street, toward the Chicago River. Several taxicab drivers hollered out offers to drive them to any destination. Picking one cab at the end of the line, he told the driver to take them to the very best hotel.

A block away from the Hotel Sherman, Spike had ordered the driver to stop. After the driver pulled up to a curb, Spike helped Drusilla out of the cab. The driver had foolishly demanded his fare, but after Spike flashed some fang, the driver sped off. Enjoying the night air, but sated from their fresh kill, Spike sniffed the air for any scent of their brethren. Sensing none, he proceeded to lead Drusilla to the Hotel.

As Spike and Drusilla walked hand in hand up Clark Street, Spike ran his fingers through his recently dyed locks. He thought he must look like a complete poofter. He'd seen the glances the humans had cast in his direction from New York to Chicago. It'd not been his idea at all, and he wanted to undo it as soon as possible. If not for his ladylove, it would have already been returned to its natural brown shade.

They'd remained in New York for only a week upon arriving in America after sailing across the Atlantic. Darla had taken her leave of them, which she had often done before and after Angelus' departure. Drusilla had a vision of her "poor Daddy" in the "place of stars and stripes." Although he didn't like the fact that Drusilla craved Angelus like he craved her, Spike would do anything for his dark princess. Surmising that she was talking about America, Spike found them convenient - well, not for the bloke and his mistress whose tickets he'd acquired, not like they had further use for them, or anything else, for that matter - passage.

So, they'd been in New York City for a week when, after having a particularly nasty tasting fellow, Spike had fallen asleep. For some reason only known to Drusilla and that damnable Miss Edith, Dru had somehow found blonde hair dye - probably from the wanna-be actress she'd eaten two days before - and decided to have some fun with him. The next evening, he'd arisen to find all of Drusilla's dolls lined up around the bed, their eyes seemingly looking into his demon, and Drusilla perched in a chair at the end of the bed.

His eyes focused on the presence of a fledge, who had a camera. Then he realized he'd been awakened from his rest by the sound of the shutter and flash of said camera. Once a professional photographer for the New York Times, Stephen had been orphaned soon after having been turned, when a priest had killed his sire. Wandering on 42nd Street, Spike had found the lost fledge and taken him back to Drusilla as a pet.

Apparently, Drusilla had had Stephen, taking pictures throughout the day. Already, a developed photograph had been laid on his chest. Curiously, and before he elected to yell at the fledge, he picked up the black and white photograph, and saw to his horror that his hair was now a stark shade of white. After hollering and destroying half of Drusilla's dolls (though not Miss Edith - even in his fury, he dared not touch Miss Edith), Spike had, as calmly as he could, despite the tension in his jaw, asked a distraught Drusilla what in the bleeding hell had she been thinking.

The cryptic words still rang in his mind: "The sunshine will look upon you, and your princess will be lost. Miss Edith whispers to me that I must prepare you for the sunshine. I tell her my William would never leave his princess. Still, she hisses and laughs, and mocks me." Spike had promised her that he'd never go meet the sun. For a while, she had protested and hit him, until he'd managed to soothe her by raking his nails down her arms, turning her frantic cries of sorrow to ones of passion.

So, he'd kept his hair blonde for the time being, hoping that soon her affinity for this look would fade. Still, his ego enjoyed the appreciative glances he received from women and a few men alike. He'd had to admit, from what he'd seen in his picture, that the white-blonde hair seemed to lend him an extra surprising aura of danger.

Across the street from the hotel, Spike surveyed the scene. Rising high in the Chicago night, the Hotel Sherman obviously catered to the wealthy and the notable, as indicated by the dress and cars of its clientele. Just as he and Drusilla started across the street, a red vehicle pulled up to the entrance. Immediately, a doorman approached what Spike recognized as a Hispano-Suiza, and attempted to assist an enormous woman out of the passenger side. Then Spike watched as the driver waddled out into the street. After puffing out some orders, two bellhops appeared and helped with the couple's baggage.

Drusilla began giggling and said, "Greedy man. His stuffing's all stretched out."

Spike agreed and continued watching where the bellhop took the car. He'd seen one like it in Europe and had liked it look. The owner had to be quite wealthy to have had it shipped here. After crossing the street, he was assailed by the scent of sweat and talcum powder lingering heavily in the air.

Stanley had worked for the hotel as its doorman since its expansion in 1925. He'd just closed the door behind the condescending, fat, German couple when two figures stepped before him. He'd not seen their approach, and he felt chagrined that he'd failed in his duty. As bizarre as the German couple had looked, this couple was equally bizarre, but for different reasons.

The doll, Stanley saw, was a vision of chalk white skin, ebony hair, and ruby lips. If anyone in Hollywood were casting for Snow White, surely they would hire this lady for the role. In contrast, the man had shocking, platinum blonde hair. In this day and age, one typically found the opposite - a woman with platinum hair, and a man with dark hair.

The man had fixed him with a superior but kind appraisal, which shook him out of his thoughts, and he quickly moved to open the door. Despite his hair, the man certainly was no Ethel. Belatedly, he remembered to ask if the couple required assistance for their baggage or their vehicle. He'd seen neither, but one never knew with the wealthy.

Effecting his proper "William" accent, Spike answered the obviously flustered doorman, "No, my good man. My sheba and I took a nice stroll, and plan on dining here this evening. Who's playing tonight?" Drusilla wandered away, and Spike glanced in her direction as he listened for an answer.

First the rude Germans, and now the polite Brits; Stanley just loved the mixture of people he encountered. "Sir, Isham Jones is conducting his band this evening in the College Inn."

"Isham Jones…" Spike said, mulling the name in his mind. "He leads an all-white jazz band, correct?"

"Yes, sir. You've heard of our Mr. Jones?"

"Yes. I've acquired a taste for good jazz and other things. Tell me…"

"Stanley. My name's Stanley, sir."

"Nice breezer that baby grand had, Stanley," Spike ventured, referring to the Hispano-Suiza.

"Pos-i-lute-ly, sir. That is was," agreed Stanley, with a wistful smile on his face, before realizing he'd also agreed to the insult this man had directed toward the owner of said 'breezer.' He frowned.

Spike was pleased that the doorman seemed willing to punch the bag with him. Information was at a premium whenever one traveled to a new place. Seeing Stanley's sudden frown, though, he changed his tack. Choking on the words, Spike apologized, "Forgive me, I certainly don't intend to get you into trouble talking out of school."

Relief filled Stanley's face, and Spike knew he'd recovered an informant. "My lady," gesturing toward Drusilla, who'd found a stray dog and was now petting her find, "has a fondness for red autos."

Stanley looked over at the strange skirt and replied, "She certainly has good taste."

Amused, Spike agreed, "That she does, my good fellow. That she does." They both watched Drusilla spin the stray mutt in a circle before setting it back down and allowing it to scamper off. Then, seemingly recalling where she was, Drusilla turned toward Spike and sauntered back to him.

Once Drusilla had reacquired his arm, Spike turned his attention back to the doorman. "Stanley, you look like a bloke who knows his onions," Spike said in a lower tone, giving the doorman a meaningful look. "Perhaps you can tell me where I might be able to go see a man about a dog later?"

Before replying, Stanley checked over his shoulder to make sure none of the bellhops were around. Anticipating an appreciative tip as a reward, he answered, "Two blocks west, you'll see a narrow alley beside a warehouse. Two slow knocks, three fast ones. Everything's Jake."

"Ta, mate." Slipping tomorrow night's potential meal a clam, Spike asked, "Will you be on duty tomorrow?"

"Yes, sir."

"Ah, then perhaps we'll see you then." Spike then moved to lead Drusilla inside, and Stanley quickly opened the doors for them

"Have a good evening, sir… ma'am."

******

After listening to Isham Jones' band for a half-hour, Spike had taken Drusilla on a "tour" of the hotel. After three floors, Drusilla had paused in front of a door, her head tilted in contemplation, her eyes closed.

"Here, luv?" he asked, even as he scented the air. Sure enough, he smelled sweat and talcum powder, with a hint of expensive perfume. Drusilla flashed an evil smile as Spike knocked on the door.

A blustery, German-accented voice called out, "Who's there?"

"Hotel management, sir." With his suit, Spike assured himself that he looked the part.

The door opened a creak and Spike gave his most innocent and deceptive smile. "Just making sure the room's all in order, as a courtesy. May I come in?" From inside the room, the wife ordered her husband to let them in, because they needed more towels.

"Yes, come in," said the German.

Hearing the magic words, Spike raced through the entrance, immediately shifted his features, and broke the man's neck. Before the wife could even scream, he was upon her, dragging her to the threshold, making her step over her now-deceased husband. Scratching her neck with his fangs, Spike ordered, "Now, be a good girl, and invite my lady in."

"Why should I? You just killed my Gustav. You kill me, too."

"If you don't invite her in, you'll suffer. But if you do as I say, I'll do you a favor and make it quick."

Deciding she'd rather have a quick death, the wife invited Drusilla inside the room. As Drusilla entered, Spike dragged the wife back to the bed. Drusilla began twirling around the room, as Spike maintained his hold.

The wife had begun to cry, the enormity of her peril hitting her full force. To her horror and astonishment, the "lady" picked up the body of her husband as if he weighed nothing, and started dancing with his body as she hummed an unfamiliar tune. She closed her eyes to the horror of it.

With a jerk of his prey's head to the left, Spike struck her neck, draining only enough to render her unconscious. He'd lied - no quick death was in store for her. Dropping the woman on the bed, Spike crept up to his salvation and kissed her passionately.

The man's body was quickly forgotten as the two became enraptured in each other. Spike spun Drusilla 'til her ass ground against his straining erection. Deftly, without ceasing his tongue's caresses on her earlobes and neck, Spike worked to unfasten the seemingly endless hooks and eyes on the left side of her dress. His attention wavered when Drusilla slid her hand between her ass and his crotch and began massaging his cock through his pants.

Giving an appreciate growl in her left ear, Spike finished undoing her dress and removed it from her. Now dressed in only her chemise and bloomers, Spike pulled the chemise over her head and flung it to his side. He cupped both her breasts, rubbing his thumbs over the already hardening nipples. Pulling them to the point of pain, Spike bit into the ivory column of her neck, but didn't drink.

Drusilla arched in response to the stimuli of Spike's fangs in her neck and the dual manipulation of her nipples. Her right hand sought his pants' fastenings, while her left reached back to grab Spike's head.

Spike didn't want to stop what he was doing, but if he didn't get his clothes off soon, his cock threatened to rip through them. Pushing Drusilla roughly onto the bed, Spike stood back and attacked his own clothing. Drusilla ran her fingers through her inviting quim as she watched her childe hungrily.

Standing next to the bed, Spike raised Dru's legs and placed her ankles on his shoulders. Spike plunged hard into her center, bone meeting bone. Keeping his cock buried in the velvet glove of her womb, he began making small circles, applying delicious pressure to her clit. Then he set a slow rhythm for a few strokes, before speeding up the pace, and then slowing down again.

Drusilla writhed with the need for release. Her childe was being cruel and not letting mummy see the stars. Just as she thought he was going to allow her to come, he'd slow the rhythm.

Dropping her legs from his shoulders, Spike pushed her more to the middle of the bed with each thrust. Getting onto his knees on the bed, he rested his ass on his ankles and drew Drusilla up for a kiss.

The unexpected change in position was all that she needed. As his cock hit the oversensitive nerve bundle, Drusilla shattered, her womb convulsing. Spike tried to hold off his own release, but the violence of hers strangled his cock and he went over the edge.

******

Wind whipping through his hair, Spike gripped the steering wheel with his left hand, and reached surreptitiously for Drusilla's legs with his right. Moving his right hand under her hem, he inched his fingers up to her pussy. Drusilla cooperated by scooting over and parting her legs wider.

Inserting two fingers, Spike relished the combined feel of driving the car and his princess.

TBC

A/N4: Slang and their definitions used in this chapter are as follows: baby grand (heavily built man), breezer (convertible), doll & skirt (an attractive woman), Ethel (an effeminate male), "go see a man about a dog" (need to buy whiskey), "knows one's onions" (knows one's business or what they are talking about), "punch the bag" (small talk), pos-i-lute-ly (affirmative), and sheba (one's girlfriend).


Chapter Three

A/N: Huge thanks to slinkypsychokit for the lightning fast beta, and extra beta corrections by Flexsis.

Sitting in the darkened Uptown Theater, Spike thought his unlife had reached the pentacle of surreal. Here he sat beside Drusilla watching of all things stop-motion animation flying bowler hats! His insane Sire had pulled him reluctantly into the theater to see this six-minute German surrealist film, entitled Ghosts Before Breakfast. If he ever thanked the Lord for anything these days, it would be for the small favor that the film lasted only six minutes.

He’d mentally calculated three minutes had already passed, so he just had to grit his teeth and think of what he would force his princess to do for him later. Inwardly he smirked to himself that if Angelus had access to this before he went away, torture would have taken on a whole new aspect of pain – with none of the exquisite pleasure. Spike chanced a glance at Drusilla who sat as still as he’d ever recalled seeing her, totally enthralled by the hats flying across the silver screen.

They’d been in the Uptown area for the past two days.

*****

Driving up Clark Street, Spike found a vacated warehouse across from Saint Bonifacius Cemetery. He parked the Hispano-Suiza behind the warehouse and detected other vampires nearby. Telling Drusilla to wait in the car, he strutted into the building and saw evidence of a vampire nest. His senses told him that only minions inhabited the dwelling.

As Spike entered the main area, a crowd of about fifteen vampires greeted him. Two upstarts attempted to attack him right off, but he twisted the head of one clean off and then ripped the heart out of the other. The crowd of now thirteen backed away from him at a respectful distance. The dust from the two eager vamps coated his suit, which really pissed him off. Patting himself off, he quietly assessed the rest of the group. One minion seemed older than the rest, and he directed his attention to him.

“Is this any way to welcome your brethren? A master vampire? I should dust you all, right and proper like,” Spike said loudly, his voice echoing off the walls.

The eldest of the group stepped forward, his head slightly bowed in recognition of the newly arrived master. “We apologize for our presumption. Those who wish to destroy our abode have attacked our humble nest on prior occasions. My apologies, master.”

“I sense only minions here. What happened to your Sire?”

“My Sire perished long ago, sir. The others all come from different places, different sires. We’ve banned together for survival.”

“What’s your name?” Spike asked.

“Charles, sir.”

“Well then…” The imminent feeling of his Sire approaching distracted Spike. Turning with a smile, he saw his love glide across the concrete floor. He held out his hand, which she took, and mildly chastised, “Drusilla, I thought I told you to stay with the car.”

“I wanted to meet the lovely people,” Drusilla said with a pout. “Do they like tea and cake?”

“I think they’ll like whatever we tell them to like, my sweet.”

Charles and the rest of the nest watched with curiosity. Some had never seen a master vampire much less two. Their sires varied in power, but most had not been masters. John, the most unfortunate of the group, had been accidentally sired by a fledging who had been making its first kill and unintentionally dribbled its blood into John’s mouth. Each one felt great power coming off in waves from the two masters.

Spike caressed the backside of Drusilla’s left hand with his right thumb. In his peripheral vision, he saw the stares and heard whisperings. Placing his left hand on the back of Drusilla’s head, he brought her in for a deep kiss, marking his territory. ‘That’s right, she belongs to me. It all belongs to me,’ he mused.

Drusilla gently bit Spike’s tongue. He was being such a bad boy, and she loved it. She would get her jollies as long as she could. Her childe was quite wicked, but she still missed her Daddy. ‘A family needs to be together,’ she pined.

Breaking from the kiss, Spike and Drusilla cast a wicked gleam at the others in attendance. Spike felt that a semblance of some family might make Drusilla perk up a bit. He’d seen glimmers of the old Dru in New York with Stephen. But Stephen had presumed too much. When Spike found the impudent fledge in bed with his ripe, wicked plum, he flew into a rage. Stephen met the pointy end of a broken table leg.

This time Spike wanted to make clear that Drusilla belonged to him and only him.

Drusilla eyed Spike carefully. She’d seen his thoughts as if they were wisps of paper floating in the wind. She loved her William, but Daddy would always come first. She’d been much happier when she could have both, and she longed for the day when it would once again be that way.

Spike spoke. “So this is how it’s going to be boys and girls – Drusilla and I are moving in. We may stay a day, a week, a year, or hell even a decade. So long as we’re here, you’ll follow my command. Any problems with that?”

Each vampire looked to the others, and then as one they nodded. Charles answered, “No problems, master. No problems at all.”

******

The short film over, Spike accompanied Drusilla into the lobby. The Uptown Theater was quite an architectural feast. It towered eight stories above Broadway and showcased enormous bronze chandeliers lighting the lobby. Sculpted griffins, sprites and gargoyles, intricate iron grillework and hand carved marble staircases pleased the eye and reflected a Spanish-Mexican Renaissance style. It appeared as if no expense had been spared to make this one-screen theater a hit.

The sounds of a Wurlitzer organ filled the lobby, to which Drusilla started twirling to the music. Spike indulged his princess a minute of twirling before grabbing her and made headway for the exit.

The night was young and they had many people to kill before they slept.

TBC



A/N1: Once again I am indebted to flexsis.
A/N2: The song "You Remind Me Of The Naughty Springtime Cuckoo" is accredited to Helen Morgan c. 1927. To hear a snippet of the song, click here and scroll down to #18.

Chapter Four

Drusilla walked alone in Saint Bonifacius Cemetery. Actually, Charles and a female minion named Catherine were following her at a discreet, but protective, distance. Spike and Drusilla had been residing in the warehouse for over a week, and Charles felt lucky to have such a strong Master protecting their little clan. In his sixty years as a vampire, Charles had seen much territorial violence. His sire had been from the Old Country, and respected the old ways. Some of the New World vamps entitled to their independence and had bucked those traditions - not that some traditions didn't deserve to be bucked.,

Charles watched as his Mistress went from one tombstone to another, stopping every so often and seeming to listen to some ethereal voice. He'd seen her go into these weird cryptic rants at the warehouse, railing at the stars and at her doll, Miss Edith. At first, Charles couldn't fathom choosing to mate with a vamp like her; but in the past week, he'd come to realize that underlying the cryptic messages was a gifted, prophetic mind.

Catherine was with him on this mission - looking after their Mistress on her walk. He'd selected Catherine to accompany him, because the Mistress seemed to enjoy her company, even allowing the young minion to comb her luxurious hair. Catherine had confided to him that the Mistress had told her that she reminded the Mistress of one of her sisters. And it was true - the two vampiresses did bear a remarkable resemblance.

Drusilla found herself drawn to a small grave with a tiny angel carved into the marker. Fresh flowers had been placed on the site, as if someone had visited just that day. Charles and Catherine watched as Drusilla stopped and studied the marker and then did the unexpected. She sat down beside the grave and began talking to the earth.

"Shhh… li'l angel, don't you cry. Mummy's here. But you're all gone away," Drusilla sing-songed. "It hurt…but no more. Papa's should be good to the li'l ones." She lay down on the earth and listened. "Come, li'l one, tell Mummy where Papa is."

After a few moments, Drusilla stood up and Catherine made her way to her Mistress, helping her shake the grass and frost from her dress. Catherine feared the Master would be angry with her for allowing Drusilla to sully her dress. Drusilla turned to Catherine, placed one perfect nail under her chin, lifted it, and said, "My Spike won't be angry, dearie." Stunned, Catherine nodded her head in the affirmative.

The three vamps headed out of the cemetery back to their home.

***************

Spike didn't mind so much that Drusilla had decided on a new killing ground for the evening, but he did mind that her attention seemed to be elsewhere. Charles had filled him in on Drusilla's outing earlier, with the strange visit to the grave of a dead child. He wondered if that had something to do with her urging him to take her dancing, especially at this place.

It wasn't like other dance halls and cabarets weren't available near the area where they nested. However, for some reason known only to Drusilla, she had insisted on coming to the "Merry Place." So, after having Frank fill the tank in the car, Spike had driven Drusilla back down N. Clark Street, past both the enormous Graceland Cemetery and its adjoining Wunders Cemetery, and cut off on N. Sheffield Avenue. Crossing West Roscoe Street, Spike had used a valet service to take care of the Hispano-Suiza, flashing some fang to assure its safekeeping.

Entering with others coming from the Belmont Avenue 'L' station, Spike and Drusilla strolled into the Merry Garden Ballroom. He saw that part of tonight's entertainment was a marathon dance. Grinning, he kissed his sire's hand and escorted her to the registrant's table to sign up. He'd not sensed any other beasties mingling in the crowd, and knew that this would be an easy way to earn some rubes and obtain an easy meal or two.

Stepping into the main ballroom, Spike almost salivated at the glut of potential meals available tonight. Why more vampires didn't come to these venues he didn't know. Some were so set in the old ways that they'd never imagine being so close to pressing the flesh with the mortal coil.

Spike glanced at Drusilla and smiled at her exquisite taste. Catherine had pin-curled her Mistress' hair short to resemble the typical flapper. She wore an ivory sheath with mother-of-pearl beading. Attached to the dress at the neckline and along part of the left shoulder was an assortment of fake flowers. Her porcelain skin so closely matched her dress that the flowers helped give the illusion of color in her cheeks. She was by far the most beautiful, most gorgeous creature in the room.

Spike had attired himself with a tuxedo with finely polished shoes. He admired Frank's work. He'd been delighted in discovering a few days earlier that one of the minions was an expert tailor. Spike had sent the minions on a hunting expedition - they were to bring back two live meals for the nest. One of the minions came back with a wealthy mobster, who had been out for a night on the town. That dinner's tux had been just a tad too big in the legs and the waist, and Frank had gladly offered his services.

Spike enjoyed how the other couples eyed them with admiration, jealously, and, of course lust.

Drusilla was following the words of her li'l angel. Usually, she delighted in the taking of young babes and savoring their pure blood. But this one cried out to her. It sought justice and retribution of such a magnitude that the stars had guided the little one to her. Her black heart knew she'd been gifted with this task. She would be, for a little while, an avenging devil sent to destroy another evil one.

She could almost taste his trail of putrid disease - his sickness of the mind, whispering nasty deeds. She knew her Spike was confused by her mood, but why she did not know. Her Childe should have known her well enough by now to realize that sometimes others guided her path. Her Daddy and Grandmummy used to cater to her whims, but only when it pleased them. She missed them terribly. Her family was all broken. Not even James or Elizabeth had come to wish her well before she'd crossed the wide ocean.

All the people… their scents … their sins hung heavily in the air. It was intoxicating, but she focused on finding the one she'd come for.

Spike had acquired their numbers and pinned one on Drusilla's dress, careful not to disturb its beading. As the marathon started, the band began to play a song that Spike had begun to associate with his mercurial Sire.

Tell me why you act as you do
Tell me why you make me so blue
Tantalizing, till I don't know where I am
Ohh, dear!


Spike swung Drusilla across the dance floor toward the center. She deserved to have all eyes on her. Drusilla laughed as she recognized the tune, enjoying Spike's left hand caressing her waist and his right hand's fingers intertwined with hers.

What's the use of you for a mate?
All the time, you never play straight
Though you smile, I know all the while
You're a sham . . . dear!


Spike's thought no truer words were written. Drusilla tilted her head to her right as she heard her Childe's thoughts. Silly boy. Then, the one she'd been hunting for danced by her. A small growl erupted from her lips.

You remind me of the naughty springtime cuckoo . . cuckoo
Trying to find another place to sing out ?cuckoo . . cuckoo?
You go investigating
You know you're fascinating
Your cry's so captivating
Cuckoo
Way up in the branches


Spike curiously eyed his Sire, and wondered what had elicited such a reaction. He turned his head to his left and saw a mustachioed gentleman with a sizable gut, already sweating profusely, dancing with an exceedingly young, svelte little redhead. He focused his senses on the pair and smelled a heady mixture of sex, booze, drugs, desire, fear and blood. The fear and the blood lingered on the girl. She could not have been more than twelve or thirteen. He echoed Drusilla's growl toward the couple.

Go to rest in someone else's nest, you cuckoo
Ta ta
You're just as aggravating as can be
You go a-cuckooing here, a-cuckooing there
Somebody's heart, you keep breaking
You remind me of the naughty springtime cuckoo


Drusilla delighted in the fact that Spike had selected the beast for execution without knowing her motivations. At the earliest opportunity, they would strike.

Go to rest in someone else's nest, you cuckoo
Cuckoo
You're just as aggravating as can be
You go a-cuckooing here, a-cuckooing there
Somebody's heart, you keep breaking
You remind me of the naughty springtime
~cuckoo~
~cuckoo~
~cuckoo~


The song ended, and five more were played before the bandleader announced a short break. Spike kissed Drusilla's right inner wrist and together they stalked their target. A part of Spike would have liked to have taken the filth back to the warehouse and let the minions play, but the other part, the more emphatic part, wanted to rip his throat out and bathe in his blood. The girl would be turned. She'd make Charles a suitable pet. He deserved a reward.

The pair wandered to a darkened corner. As Drusilla and Spike approached the corner, they could see and hear the goings-on. The man had the girl backed into the corner literally, and was roughly grabbing her breasts.

"But I don't want to…" she cried.

"Listen, you little bitch, you will do as I say," threatened the man.

"But, Daddy…."

Spike froze. This bastard was the chit's father? He felt the bones shift in his face. Even his inner William was screaming for his murder. Before he could act, Drusilla departed from him in a flash, her fangs already embedded deep into the thick neck of the "father."

Spike grabbed the girl and held his hand over her mouth before she could scream. Her tears dropped heavily onto his hand. He watched with envy as Drusilla drained the bastard. He may have been a vampire, but some evils were too much for him. A father molesting his children was one of them.

Drusilla released the father, her fangs coated with blood. She'd purposefully ripped an irregular gash in his neck that would cover the traces of a vampire bite. She'd not drained him completely, not yet. She whispered into his ear, "For Sarah."

Spike watched Drusilla say something in the wanker's ear and saw his eyes grow large. "Spike…" Drusilla sang.

"Yes, my love?" asked Spike.

"Finish this meat for Mummy. I shall take the girl."

"But, Drusilla…"

Drusilla looked at the girl shivering in Spike's clutches. "You've been a bad sister. Letting your Papa have his way with the li'l one. Big sisters should take care of the little ones. Bad girl."

She pointedly looked at Spike, and he thought he understood. This girl had willingly provided her little sister or sisters to her father's deviant whims. Shoving the girl to Dru as she pushed the father over to him, Spike grabbed the father and finished the job. Dru drained the girl.

*********

The night wore on, and the next day and night passed. On the early morning of the third day, the marathon sponsors declared a winner. The beautifully suited vampires were awarded a cash prize and a small trophy.

TBC

A/N: 'Deed I Do, Words & Music by Walter Hirsch & Fred Rose, 1926.

Chapter Five
beta by Flexsis

Spike was going over a map of Chicago with Charles and George when Drusilla burst into the warehouse, followed by four minions carrying a rather cumbersome object. Drusilla's eyes were alit with pure joy. Watching the minions struggle with the object for a minute longer, Spike at first tried to look annoyed, but couldn't quite capture the mood. Seeing his princess so happy made him so.

With a nod to both Charles and George, Spike walked from the table to capture his sire in a whirl. "And what have you been up to, my plum?"

Drusilla sighed at the feel of her Childe's arms around her waist. "I am your princess, aren't I?"

"You're my ripe, wicked plum, my destiny."

As Drusilla arched back into his body, Spike rested his chin on her shoulder, watching the minions working to set up the gramophone. Catherine had scrounged up a free table on which the player would be placed. Spike could see that Catherine had flourished under Drusilla's attention and was relishing this latest production.

Frank passed Catherine a vinyl record, which she placed on the gramophone. She looked to Drusilla, and after her mistress nodded her consent, she cranked the handle and set the needle on the record. Music filled the warehouse to the rafters and into the darkest corners.

Do I want you?
Oh my! Do I!
Honey, deed I do!


Drusilla pulled a flask from her skirts and offered it to Spike. Not one to pass up illegal booze, Spike greedily drank the proffered beverage. Immediately, he could tell that the alcohol content was greater than ordinary liquor. He wondered what it was and where she'd gotten the tasty stuff. Unlike normal booze, this stuff started to affect him immediately. All he saw was his Sire, and that was soddin' well good enough for him. It was all about her, anyway.

The minions watched as their Master and Mistress began to dance to the music. The closeness of their bodies would have been considered obscene in polite society. Their movements were fluid, their bodies in complete harmony with the other.

Do I need you?
Oh my! Do I!
Honey, deed I do!

I'm glad that I'm the one who found you,
That's why I'm always hangin' around you…


Charles took Catherine by the hand and invited her to dance. Her face blushed with the borrowed blood of her recent kill. Sweeping her across the floor, the couple joined their Masters in the delightful song. Drusilla nodded her approval at the pair, and behind Spike's back, she motioned for the others to join in on the fun.

Drusilla coyly retrieved another flask from a passing minion and once again offered it to Spike. He raised his eyebrow at the second flask, wondering where she'd hid that, but happily took several gulps just the same.

He was really liking whatever this was.

Do I love you?
Oh my! Do I!
Honey, deed I do!


Spike was so wrapped up in the feel of Dru in his arms and the feelings the liquor had produced that he hadn't noticed the others surrounding them at first. To his delighted surprise, the entire clan was spinning around the room. Couples danced - female with female, male with male, and the traditional female and male. Some of the pairings slightly threw him, because he would never have imagined those couplings, given their backgrounds. But it didn't bother him in the slightest; in fact, watching Frank and Sean made his mind wander to the old days with Angelus.

Honey, deed I do!

Hmm! Honey, deed I do!
I'm glad that I'm the one who found you,
That's why I'm always hangin' around you…

Oh! Do I love you?
Oh my! Do I!
Honey, deed I do!

Ah Deed I Do!


As the music started to fade, Drusilla raked her nails across the back of her Childe's neck, in just the fashion that got him purring. His blue eyes yellowed with desire, and she found herself responding in kind. She stepped away from him, which confused Spike. Her lips formed a half-smile, as she beckoned him with one slender digit.

In Spike's inebriated vision, Drusilla had turned deliciously soft. Her curves appeared more rounded than normal. Falling under Drusilla's captivating spell, Spike followed his love to their bedroom, albeit very clumsily.

Drusilla had entered before him and quickly hidden behind the door. As Spike entered the room, he knew his Sire was up to something, but he didn't know what. She was hiding, so he said, slurring his words, "'S playin' hide-n-seek, luv? Do I cover my eyes?" However, when he attempted to raise his hands to his eyes, he discovered that he could hardly move his arms at all. His legs began to feel leaden and a small sliver of fear crept into his demon.

And suddenly, for Spike, everything went dark.

*******

Spike awoke with the strangest feeling… or rather, lack of feeling. It was very disconcerting. He could sort of tell that his arms had been restrained above his head, but as he tried to move, he couldn't - not even a part of an inch. He was completely paralyzed!

His eyes seemed to be the only thing working, as he attempted to turn his head at the sudden burst of noise from across the room. Very loud classical music began playing on what had to be that gramophone that the minions had carried in earlier. Then a giggle sounded in the room.

He turned his eyes as much as possible to the end of the bed where, emerging from the shadows stood his naked Sire. 'What has she done to me?' he wondered. Somehow, he was able to form a very faint, "Dru?" from his lips.

In response, Dru crawled on the bed and hovered her sex over his. Then, she used the nail of her right index finger to draw a trail of blood from the upper curve of her left breast, tracing where it met her breastbone, and did the same with her left index fingernail to her right breast. Spike watched as the inviting blood of his Sire followed the new path and then broke free and cascaded down her taut belly to the apex of her thighs.

Spike's mouth watered as the incredible scent of his Sire's blood filled the room. But he was powerless to break free from his bindings and lick up the precious fluid. His cock, however, didn't seem to be affected. It was straining to reach his Sire. Then Spike noticed the tight leather band encircling him at the root. His demon emerged, enraged by his uselessness, and Drusilla's responding laughter.

As if she'd torn the question from his mind, Dru sing-songed, "Such a good dog to take his medicine. I must thank the nice doctor, oh yes, I shall. Such a funny name… Jake!"

If Spike could widen his eyes, he would have. It explained everything. Jake was the moniker for Jamaican ginger, a patent medicine that was known for its very high alcohol content. In this age of Prohibition, people sought other ways to get their alcohol - Jake was one of them. But the risks were extremely high for mortals to take. Even in small amounts, Jake could produce paralysis of the feet and hands, and most times it was permanent.

Knowing he'd ingested Jake, probably from both flasks, he now understood the cause of his paralysis. Still, he didn't know how long it would last, or whether he'd suffer any long-term damage. Given time and his vampiric nature, of course, any damage would reverse itself … but he'd never heard of a vampire drinking Jake on purpose to test that.

His thoughts returned to his Sire as she began slowly riding him. Her hands pressed against his chest with her fingers arched slightly, allowing her nails to form half-moons just above his nipples. Her blood smeared across his chest, and where it had pooled at their joining, it lubricated their union even more. Her velvet grip was incredible, and then suddenly she began quivering over him. Her yellow eyes widened and a guttural scream arose from her throat.

Spike felt his hips arch marginally during her release. He ached to follow suit, but the band prevented him from doing so. Angelus had never been so creative. He secretly delighted in the fact that feeling was starting to tingle in his extremities. He hoped that she wouldn't notice.

When Drusilla came back to herself, she wickedly took three fingers and gathered the blood and her leavings and inserted them into Spike's willing mouth. The elixir of her taste awakened something primal in Spike. As one, two, five, ten fingers began to twitch, he flexed his biceps and broke through the ropes binding him to the bed.

Grabbing Dru with his left arm, he swiped the band off with his right hand, and flipped Drusilla onto her back. "You've been a very bad Mummy, Dru. You need to be punished."

"Oh, yes, please!" she moaned.

Spike roughly entered her and set a ferocious pace. He snarled into the ivory column of her neck and created his own trail of blood, inserting his fangs just to the left of her jugular and then dragging them down to the dip at the base of her neck. Then he lapped the blood that pooled there.

At the same time, he was using his hands to widen Dru's legs into a very painful split. He kept his thrusts shallow, not allowing her any friction or potential for release. The skin beneath his fingers had already begun coloring a sinful blue.

The whole time Dru was smiling. She loved it when her boy came out to play. Such pretty patterns they made.

TBC



A/N1: "It All Belongs To Me" lyrics & music by Irving Berlin, 1927.
A/N2: St. Valentine's Day Massacre - here.
A/N3: Descriptions of Green Mill Gardens -- Centerstage and Jazz Age Chicago.
A/N4: The term "bimbo" had a much different meaning in the 1920s. It meant "a tough guy." Slang courtesy of Internet Jazz Slang.

Chapter Six
beta by Slaymesoftly

Take a look at the flower in my buttonhole
Take a look, say, and ask me why it's there
Can't you see that I'm all dressed up to take a stroll?
Can't you tell that there's something in the air?
I've got a date
Can't hardly wait
I'd like to bet
She won't be late


Spike, Drusilla, Charles and Catherine trekked across the expanse of Saint Bonifacius Cemetery toward their destination. The ladies were decked to the nines in their flapper finery, and the men looked quite dapper in their suits and polished shoes. The frigid wind did nothing to dampen the spirits of the group, for it was Christmas Eve, and a night of debauchery and merriment was to be had.

Here she comes
Come on and meet
A hundred pounds of what is mighty sweet
And it all belongs to me


The crowd at the Green Mill Gardens was in high spirits, and not just from the Christmas cheer. The booze was flowing and the jazz was pumping. The sound of so many heartbeats and the smell of the revelers' blood surging through their veins almost had a dizzying effect of the foursome when they walked inside. Bodies pressed against each other as room to maneuver was limited.

Catherine, the youngest of the group, salivated and had a hard time maintaining her composure. Dru's hold on the girl's arm helped her immensely. Charles took Catherine by her other arm, and the foursome preceded to make their way through the Della Robbia dining room to the outdoor gardens.

Normally, the 2,500 seat outdoor garden was open for the summer, but for some reason, tonight partiers were able to take advantage of the extra space. Lit lanterns provided the necessary light to enjoy the Christmas ornaments and garlands decorating the garden. Despite the cold temperatures, dancers were hoofing away, enjoying the strains of music permeating the air from the band playing in the dining room.

Flashing eyes
And how they roll
A disposition like a sugar bowl
And it all belongs to me


That pretty baby face
That bunch of style and grace
Should be in Tiff'ny's window
In a platinum jewel case


Spike trailed behind his group, enjoying the appraisals his princess and Catherine were receiving. Drusilla seemed to float through the masses and to glow with that unearthly light that had captivated him all those years ago. He saw several "gangster-types" eyeing his girl. He recognized one from the newspapers Frank dutifully delivered to him every day - Al Capone.

Surrounded by several molls, Capone sat in a corner booth with his back against the wall. The positioning allowed the gangster to see who or what was coming his way. The tactical positioning raised Spike's estimation of the man up a notch. However, he certainly didn't see the appeal Capone had with the ladies surrounding him. The way he "held court" reminded him of the Master, and how power attracts all sorts.

Capone must have felt him staring, because he shifted his gaze from Drusilla's pert backside to Spike's cool stare. Spike smirked in response to Capone raising his fingers in a gun formation and formed the silent words, "bang." Shifting into his demonic features just for a moment was all that was needed to unsettle the great mobster.

One of the muscle types near Capone had started to get up to head in his direction, but much to Spike's amusement, Capone laid a hand on the guy's arm and stopped him.

Hey there, you
You'll get in dutch
I'll let you look but then you mustn't touch
For it all belongs to me



Spike saw that Charles had cornered a quite attractive bearcat and was nuzzling her neck. From the glassiness of the girl's eyes, flushed cheeks and the grip she had on Charles's arms, she was fully enjoying Charles' attentions. Spike could tell that Charles, per orders, was just taking small pulls before assisting her to a chair.

For now, none of them would kill; they would sample the buffet. Later, as the night progressed, they would select a suitable meal and have themselves a merry little Christmas feast.

Catherine was acting coquettish with one of Capone's men, who had an ownership interest in Green Mill. Playing the part of a dumb Dora, Cat had lured her prey out from behind the bar and near the baby grand piano. Teasing him through his trousers, Catherine had the bimbo whispering lewd suggestions in her ear, while Cat lapped at his throat.

Here she comes
Come on and meet
A hundred pounds of what is mighty sweet
And it all belongs to me


Spike joined Drusilla and led her out onto the dance floor. She had been gazing at the clear moonlit sky. Capturing her lips in a kiss, Spike nibbled her lower lip. Drusilla delightfully responded with a covert brush of her nails to his crotch, eliciting a deep growl of approval from Spike.

Rosy cheeks
Red hot lips
A million dollars worth of flying hips
And it all belongs to me


Drusilla spotted someone or something of interest over Spike's shoulder. She saw a blood red glow surrounding a youngish man wearing spectacles. As she continued to watch the glow, Drusilla started to hum, drawing Spike's attention. He turned to see what Drusilla was looking at, but allowed her to continue staring. Forehead to forehead they swayed looking at the man.

Spike estimated him to be in his late twenties. Although he looked sort of bookish, he had surrounded himself with rougher characters. A mama's boy - Spike detected - living above his means. Whispering he asked, "Drusilla, will he be the one tonight?" Her fascination with the boy was beginning to stir feelings of jealousy.

"Death surrounds him, my Spike," Drusilla answered.

"That a yes, then?"

Briefly looking at her jealous childe before returning her gaze, Drusilla prophesized, "He's not for the likes of us. Bang, baby bang." Then she bit into the left side of Spike's throat with her blunt teeth with a "Ruff." "Silly boy; not supposed to be here."

"Why's that, Dru?" Spike managed to ask recovering from the thrill of her teasing bite.

"That one sees himself in this pond, but the sharks don't agree."

On and off throughout the rest of the night, Drusilla's attention kept returning to the bespectacled man. After a while, Spike observed that some of Capone's men had taken notice of the git. He then understood that Drusilla had earlier assessed that this man had crossed into enemy territory. Even though the bloke didn't appear to have the stones to be a true gangster, the ones he ran with must be rivals of Capone. Idiot.

Those lips that I desire
Are like electric wire
She kissed a tree last summer
She started a forest fire


Spike was none too pleased when Charles interrupted his "tasting" of a petite, blonde in the ladies lavatory. The reprimand died on his lips, however, as he took in the worried expression on Charles's face. Releasing the blonde and not caring how she slumped down against the wall, Spike asked, "What is it?"

Charles shook his head, "It's Mistress Drusilla."

Spike paled. "Tell me."

"Come, she's … attracting the wrong sort of attention, Master. She's… please come."

Returning to the outdoor garden, Spike discovered Drusilla dancing with her bespectacled fascination while surrounded by the "sharks" of Capone's men. The one that Catherine had sampled earlier was in the process of trying to cut in, but Drusilla was having none of it. As he approached he heard her prophesize to her dance partner and some of her words hit a little too close to home for him.

"You walk in worlds others can not imagine."

Spike froze in his pursuit. He studied the man in Drusilla's clutches. She couldn't possibly think any resemblance existed between this git and his poncey human self. He be damned even more if he was going to allow her to select this new wanker for a childe.

Striding up to Drusilla, he none too gently pushed the hulking Capone interloper out of his way and heard the release of a gun's safety. Pausing only long enough to flash some fang, Spike eyed the fellow and menacingly said, "Don't be daft." Much to his pleasure, the big lout became startled, and Spike smelled the delicious aroma of fear before returning his attention to his Sire.

Drusilla smiled at her boy's antics. She'd purposely spoken those words to get him riled. It was always good to test his love and loyalties every so often. The poor puppy in her arms, however, would never taste greatness. What the stars whispered to her intrigued her immensely. She wished that she would be able to see his destruction, but the stars were also taunting her with news of her Daddy.

Spike interrupted the pair and laid claim to his princess. "Thanks ever so for keeping my lady occupied, but now bugger off."

Drusilla imparted a last warning, even though she knew it would not save him. "Beware of Saint Valentine's and false disguises, my sweet, and the Machine Gun." The last part was said to the bespectacled man, but her eyes were fixed on the hulking presence behind her Spike.

Out of the corner of his eye, Spike noticed that the hulking menace stiffened and then smiled wickedly. Something evil was cooking in that brain of his. Spike knew Drusilla well enough to know that something would happened to the poor sod on Valentine's Day, and he wondered if Drusilla had not only delivered a warning to the bloke but also planted the idea in the head of the one who would make it happen. Not that he cared either way.

He reclaimed Drusilla's lips in a fiery kiss, making his possession evident for all who thought they had a chance with his love. She belonged to him.

Drusilla then whispered in his ear, and Spike frowned. Without a word he motioned to Charles and Catherine that their night was over. Greetings of "Merry Christmas" followed the foursome as they made their way out of Green Mill.

I'm in love
With what she's got
And what she's got, she's got an awful lot
And it all belongs to me


Outside Spike gave Charles and Catherine a choice - they could remain here in Chicago or come with them. He knew Catherine's answer immediately; she would not want to become separated from her Mistress. Charles, on the other hand, had led the clan before their arrival.

Drusilla eased out of Spike's hold and began swaying to the music the stars were providing. Her Daddy had been in Chicago, but now he'd departed for the land of the silver screens. She wanted her Daddy.

Charles surprised Spike by saying that he would join them, actually being flattered and humbled that his Master had given him a choice. He advised that a stop by the warehouse to establish a new leader would be a good thing - the Master would never know if he would need these allies again in the future.

Spike nodded his approval of the plan, besides he wanted his Hispano-Suiza. Daylight would be approaching soon, and it would be beneficial to gather their things before departing for California. He didn't really want to go to California, but what his princess wanted, his princess got.

He would do anything for his princess, even if that meant once again having Angelus in their lives.

THE END

P.S.: In the early morning of Valentine's Day, 1929, Reinhardt Schwimmer, an optometrist, was hanging around the liquor warehouse with his "friends" - Frank and Pete Gusenberg, James Clark, Adam Heyer and Al Weinshank. All of the men, save Reinhardt, worked for Bugs Moran. They were waiting for Bugs to arrive for a meeting, when several police entered the building. They were not police. After lining up the men against the rear warehouse wall, the showering of bullets began. A bloody massacre was left in the wake of the machine gun fire.

Poor Reinhardt hadn't listened to the strange warning of the lady on Christmas Eve, but Capone's man, Jack "Machine Gun" McGurn had planned this endeavor and tapped his main guy Frank Burke to do the job right.

Back