Titan's Together...Bitch: In The Beginning
by Redwulf50



Happy Early Bday Spikesdebs. She is one half of my evil sensei's team :P
This fic is for You

Prague 1991, Dru is dead at the hands of a mob of Farmers. Where does Spike go from here?
Btvs/Titans crossover.

(Prague 1991)
(Spike)

Pain.

It cut through him like a knife.

The woman that had been his world for over a century was gone. The face of his salvation was dust; gone in seconds at the hands of a superstitious mob. Not staked or beheaded, nor even set afire. She had literally been torn to pieces by those village idiots. His chest felt as if it would implode from the pain alone. His heart- his Drusilla- was lost to him forever.

Fear of the unknown was more than the Big Bad could take. He feared his life without Drusilla. She was his everything and now she was dead. He was nothing. Failed her, he had. When the chips were down, he had been a step to slow and an ounce to weak. True, the villagers were now all dead, but his Dru, his dark princess, was dust on the wind. Not killed for being a vampire, but for her visions. Slimy dirt grubbers that would cower in fear before a vampire had killed her for having been gifted by the powers when she was human so many years ago.

Hurt ran through him like an old dull knife through a raw gaping wound. His head was a white hot chasm. Tears ran down his face at the thought of the past twenty four hours. Another little Dru. His sire had found a young girl no more than ten who had also been gifted with the sight. Was gonna turn her, he thought. Save her, raise her, and one day turn her, but the bloody pulser’s had other ideas. His Sire had given her unlife to save a little Dru. It was ludicrous. It was ridiculous.

Betrayal seeped from his very pores. They were vampires. They were evil by their very nature, so why had his idiot sire so frivolously squandered her unlife? Didn't she know that the fool girl had seventy years at the most? That little Dru had a life of pain and suffering to look forward to? Why would an eternal creature such as Dru give her own existence to save a walking meal? It was an aberration, but his beloved sire had always been strange.

Acceptance. His sire had been strange and at times off-putting, but he had loved her with all of his unbeating heart. Somewhere, he knew his beloved was at rest. She had been the product of the mind of her own mad sire. He often wondered if he were the only sane member of his entire Order. He would continue. He would. He was a warrior of his people, a fighter till the end, and even at his mad sire's death he would continue.

There were slayers out there the world over. Only one at a time true, but when you killed one, a new one was called. They were worthy. They were opponents worth fighting. Opponents worth dying against.



(Raven)

Pain.

Raven felt it a world away.

She had recruited her champions. Two from Gotham, the bird- first squire to the Bat- and the first squires beloved- a warrior woman in her own right at nineteen. A man of circuits and iron from New York. Two from Los Angeles. One, a red headed archer without fear, the other a changeling, a true shape shifter. An Amazon princess, the infinitely more agreeable younger sister to Wonder Woman. An alien princess from the stars with the power of the sun. Yes, Raven had chosen her team, but the empath in her refused to shy away from the pain of this last soulless beast. The woman in her could not turn her back on such indescribable agony.

Fear, of the unknown filled her as she watched him. How could he feel this deeply? It went against everything she had been taught. She had first thought to recruit the souled demon in New York, but that angel had been to far gone. He had in truth seemingly given up, but this Demon- this Spike- had the heart of a warrior and the soul of a poet. He was evil, but was it truly evil to consume that which the Powers had ordained as sustenance?

Hurt ran through her like an eerie fire as, for the first time, Raven questioned her own teachings. Here was a creature spurned by the primal chaos that sought and basked in order. She knew how his sire had died; how she had perished in an attempt to protect one of her kind. Another seer. This was what chaos was all about. The ability to use evil for good and good for evil. The poor mad creature had been but doing what the Powers had bade her.

Betrayal stuck like a fist in her throat. Why couldn't her own demon be like this demon, this man in front of her? He was hers for the molding. Perfection in his need for guidance. Had she once been like this? If her father was here, he would soon turn the demon in front of her into the perfect harbinger of his coming. Trigon could mold this demon into a warrior feared across dimensions. Did Raven dare to attempt the opposite? Could she turn this broken warrior into a true champion of the light? Was she willing to?

Acceptance was easy in coming. He wasn’t hard on the eyes and his loyalty ran deeper than most. No soul did he have, yet his spirit and devotion, be it to an individual or their cause, would never allow him to quit short of his own dusting. He was a champion already, only now he was a champion of the darkness. She could, she would, but she needed his permission first. Something told her he would agree. He needed something. He needed her.

Deep within there was the hope that in helping him she could help herself. Perhaps if she could understand how his mind worked, she could figure out how to control her own demon. If he could help her achieve this, she would be forever in his debt.



It Begins

Raven seemed to appear from the darkness. She watched as the white-haired vamp warily approached her. She felt him sensing her, taking her in, looking for possible threats. When she spoke, her voice was soft and quiet, knowing he would hear her, “I am Raven."

"Of course you are, ducks,” Spike replied, moving into a defensive crouch. "But if you're here for a shag, sorry, but 'm not in the mood,"

Raven's glare would have frightened a braver man, but technically Spike wasn't a man. "I need a champion."

"Heard there was one in Metropolis." Spike reached for his cigarettes without taking his eyes from her. "Right ponce that flies around with his underwear on the outside of his pants."

"I need YOU to be a champion,” Raven informed him, summoning every ounce of her empathy to help him deal with his pain.

"People in hell need ice water." Spike exhaled a long plume of smoke, squinting at her through the haze. "But, you know how it is. You don't always get what you want."

"Yes, but if you try sometimes you get what you need,” Raven said with a smirk. "And I need you to be a champion."

"Fine. What the hell.” Spike shrugged with resignation. "Why the bloody hell not?"

Raven smiled, and with that he was hers.

And with that, Spike frowned. He was enslaved.

The End :D

Back