A Few Stolen Moments

 

Her long brown hair fell over them as she leant over to brush his lips with a soft kiss. Wesley ran his hands up her slim back; his fingers savouring the sensation of her soft skin. He had dreamt of this moment from the day they had met in Pylea. He had stood back and watched her take Gunn to her heart and bed, and felt his heart shatter under the pain. But now there was only pure joy in his mind and body, all because of her. 

But now…now they were finally together. Whole and complete, just as it was meant to be. He sighed against her lips and let his tongue trace their trembling outline before dipping in for a sweet taste of her sweet mouth.  

“That tickles,” Fred giggled and twisted her mouth away from his to drawn in a deep breath as his hands slid around her torso and cupped her small firm breasts. “Oh…” 

Wesley was in heaven, he finally had the woman he adored in his arms, in his bed and she was smiling down at him sweetly as he worshipped her body. “Fred I love you so much…” he trailed off as she took his aching hardness into her body with a twitch of her hips. 

The slender Texan smiled down at him and arched her back for a moment. Enjoying the sensation of her nipples being teased by his nimble fingers before she leant back down and kissed him hard. “I love you too.”  

They slowly began to move against each other – finally joined together in a passionate embrace that was pure in its love and infused with joy. They were perfectly matched in form, look, mind and heart. Two beings made to love each other.  

It was as it was meant to be. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Fred giggled and held out the chopsticks, waiting for Wesley to catch the morsel she was tempting him with. She sat cross legged on the rumpled bed, dressed in one of his shirts, unbuttoned and softly draped around her nude body, still flushed from their lovemaking. Her hair loose and tangled, curling down her back, rumpled by his fingers as he had run then through the soft long tresses as they had made love. Over and over. 

“Come on you need feeding up, you’re almost as skinny as I am,” Fred dropped the Chilli prawn into his open mouth and then giggled and dug through the half eaten carton for more tempting bits for him to eat. 

Wesley chewed and swallowed, his blue eyes never leaving her softly smiling face, he was determined to savour every moment of their time. After waiting so long in the wings, watching her go from one relationship to another, Gunn to Knox never looking at him, his heart had broken. She had never considered him, and now she had. He was filled with a glee that he had never experienced before in his life. His previous lover, Lilah had been a man-eater, only there for sex and the rougher the better. Now there was a delicacy and sweetness surrounding his bed and he was entranced. Fred had saved his soul by loving him. He was a man reborn.  

“Here have some more noodles, they maybe a bit icky and cold, but yummm!” She exclaimed and handed him the take out carton.  

“Thank you,” Wesley smiled at her.  

This was a perfect moment, something he would treasure for all time.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

There was her face, her sweet face.  

He’d missed her.  

Wesley took a wobbly breath, pain burning through his body with the small movement of his chest. He could feel his life’s blood pouring out of him. Coldness pulling at his limbs as his body slowly succumbed to the death blow he’d taken from Vail. He’d known going into the battle he was outmatched, Angel had known as well. But Wesley hadn’t cared one wit, he was already dead. His body just hadn’t accepted it yet, but now it was. Pain radiated out from the dagger wound, burning his nerve ends.  

It wouldn’t be long now.  

He was glad, it was time to go. His journey on this planet had finished the moment Fred’s eyes had glazed over into an icy soulless blue hue. He had only remained in the vain hope that he could save her, bring her back. But then when the revelation of her soul being destroyed was made, there had been nothing left for him. 

Nothing but to mark time until he could fall on his proverbial sword and join her in oblivion. Angel’s foolish battle had offered him the out he had been biding his time for. He was Sancho Panza to Angel’s Don Quixote – both of them sparring with windmills, Wolfram and Hart shaped windmills. Wesley took another breath and wondered if Angel had managed to survive the battle so far, he sighed shakily – it was a shame that by tomorrow there would no one left of the original Angel Investigations crew. Somehow he instinctively knew that there would be no survivors – and part of him didn’t care.  

Angel and Gunn both had a hand in Fred’s demise.   

He looked up at Fred and tried to smile, but it hurt too much. Instead he let her cradle him in her powerful arms. Wesley frowned as the first tear struck his face, he was surprised. He never expected the murderer who wore his love’s body to have feelings – and yet she cried. If he had the energy he would’ve wept with her. 

For lost moments. 

For lost love. 

For Fred.

 

Review me!