"Living Arrangements"

Author: Holli
Email: summersfinn@hotmail.com


The entire dorm was gathered in the student union, listening to what campus security was telling them. "So we’re being kicked out for two weeks? Is that it?" one of the guys asked the security guard.

The tall, lanky guard nodded his head as the group before him erupted into fits of complaints. "It’ll just be for two weeks. Now you all know the serious amount of robberies and rapes that have been happening around campus and we are just trying to protect Stevenson from going through what the other dorms have gone through."

"So, for two weeks, you need to find other living arrangements so that we can install the new security systems. We are just trying to protect you. We’re not trying to make your lives more difficult. Now you all have until 10 p.m. tonight to find another place to stay. If your refuse to leave, you will spend the next two weeks in the city jail. And trust me, none of you want to be locked up in our jail."

The group was dismissed, all heading back toward their dorm. Willow looked at Buffy. "So, where do you plan on bunking for the next two weeks?" Willow asked, even though she knew exactly where Buffy was going.

Buffy looked at her best friend, eyebrow arched, and an evil gleam in her bright green eyes. "Do you really have to ask?" Buffy asked Willow. She didn’t care how reluctant her boyfriend was, the next two weeks, she was going to be staying at Lowell House with him.

Oh, the yummy possibilities…

Willow shook her head. "Well, I think I am going to go bunk with Spike and Giles for a few days. If not there, then with Jules. She wouldn’t mind, at least I don’t think she would."

"You’re not going stay with Graham? I’m sure he wouldn’t mind waking up to you every morning."

Willow shrugged her shoulders. "I just don’t want to be stuck in a house full of beefcakey soldiers for two weeks."

"Well, then, I guess that’s where we are different," Buffy said as they reached their dorm. "I plan on making the next two weeks, two that Riley won’t be able to forget," she told Willow.


Riley had just stepped out of the shower when there came a knock from the door. "Gimme a minute," he yelled. He let the towel pool around his feet as he reached into one of his dresser drawers, pulling out a pair of sweatpants. Quickly, pulling them on, he walked to the door, throwing it open.

Buffy dropped her bags at his feet, leaning in to give him a light kiss on the lips. "Hi," she said, moving past him into the room. She slid off her jacket, dropping it on the floor beside his bed. She sat down on the edge of the bed and began tackling her boots as she watched Riley move her bags from the door.

"So, um, what are you doing here and why does it look like you’re moving in?" he asked her, moving her bags to the corner of his room. He wouldn’t mind if Buffy did move in because he loved having her there with him.

She shook her head as she climbed into the middle of the bed. "Just for two weeks, not permanently." Damn, he thought, listening as she continued. "Campus security kicked us out of our dorm. They’re installing high tech security so they needed all of us out so that they could do it. You don’t mind me being here for two weeks do you?" she asked him.

"Nope, none at all," he said quickly.

Jumping off the bed, she asked, "So, what have you been doing?" He was shirtless, wearing only a pair of sweatpants, his chest glistening with water or sweat. She wasn’t sure which one.

"I just got out of the shower."

Buffy was staring at his chest intently, not able to take her eyes off of him. When she caught him staring at her, she moved out of his gaze, fluffing her shirt. "Is it hot in here or is it just me?" she asked him as she walked to the window.

Strong arms wrapped around her waist as soft lips brushed across her neck. "It’s not just you." His hands slid beneath her shirt, traveling up her soft stomach to her breasts, realizing just then that she wasn’t wearing a bra.

Suddenly the door swung open, Graham waltzing in. "Hey, Riley, the game is on. Are you still…?" Graham stopped suddenly when he saw what they were doing or what Riley was doing in the reflection in the window. "I, um, nevermind. You’re busy. I’ll just leave you two and lock the door." He quickly turned the lock and bolted out of the room.

Riley had barely noticed that they’d been disturbed. "So, you’re here for two weeks…I think I like that," he told her, squeezing her breasts, emitting a moan from her.

This was so not a good start to this two-week stay, Buffy thought as Riley trailed a finger across her tummy. "Riley…" she whispered.

Riley wasn’t forthcoming. He picked her up by her waist and threw her down onto his bed. After flopping around for a few moments, she settled, watching Riley. She felt like prey; though, she wasn’t scared of her predator, per se. As he moved toward her, she jumped off the bed. "Didn’t Graham want us for something? Or you, I mean?"

He sighed deeply. "We had all planned to go downstairs and watch the basketball game on the pay-per-view channel, but I’d much rather stay up here with you."

Buffy walked to the door, holding it open for him. "Your buds are waiting for you. You should really go. I’ll be fine up here all by myself. Honestly, I didn’t come here to be an inconvenience to you, Riley and it looks like it’s already starting off that way. Now, go."

With little restraint, Riley pushed himself off the bed, stopping at his dresser to grab a t-shirt. "What are you going to do up here all by yourself? You can come watch the game with us, you know."

"Yeah, I know, but why would I want to be with fifty something marines when I can be up here enjoying the peace and quiet. I’ll find something to do with myself." She pushed him out the door. "See you later!" She slammed his door shut, then turned the lock.

She crossed the room into the bathroom and kneeling in front of the bathtub, began running bath water, waiting until the water’s temperature was just right. She walked back into the room long enough to grab her clothes, then reenter the bathroom closing and locking the bathroom door just in case Riley happened to get ideas.

Buffy undressed, then stepped into the warm water. She closed her eyes and let the warmth of the water sink into her skin.


Meanwhile, downstairs, Riley tried to focus on the game. He tried to get into the scheme of things as his fellow Marines were enjoying the game. Everytime he blinked, he could picture Buffy lying on his bed, naked, waiting for him. It sent little shivers of desire coursing through his veins. He could still feel her feather soft skin beneath his fingers. He wanted to touch her…

"You know this isn’t where you want to be," a familiar voice said from behind him. He turned to see Graham behind him, holding a bowl of popcorn.

Sighing, he asked, "What makes you think that?" His eyes focused once more on the big screen television in front of him.

"Riley, you have a gorgeous, provocative woman in your room. Wouldn’t you rather be spending the night with her than us?"

"I know I would," one of their frat brothers chimed in.

Both Riley and Graham shot him killer looks, forcing him to look away. "I can’t go up there. She kicked me out. She said something about wanting quiet time to herself…" Riley shrugged his shoulders.

Graham laughed softly. "And just how long will she be staying here?"

"Two weeks…"

Graham slapped Riley’s back. "Well, buddy, it’s going to be two VEEERRYYY long weeks for you." With that said, Graham plopped down beside him on the sofa and together, enjoyed the game.


After her long, relaxing bath, Buffy busied herself with a pedicure after which she waxed her legs. When the pain got too excruciating, she decided to ax her wondrous idea and returned to the bathroom where she sat on the floor and cleared the remainder of hair from her legs with Riley’s sharp razor.

Staring down at her legs, at the several knicks and cuts that the razor had produced, Buffy frowned, muttering to herself, "I was not destined to have smooth legs." She ran cold water over the cuts until the bleeding came to a halt, then returned to the main room.

She turned on the TV and entertained herself by watching reruns of the Real World, but got bored none too easily with that. Unable to sit still, she flipped off the tube and in kind turned on the stereo. Finding Riley’s CD case, she rummaged through the CD’s, frowning at the obtrusive selection.

"Geez, Riley, from Iowa much?" she muttered to herself. Pam Tillis, Garth Brooks, George Strait, Hank Williams, Jr. All country. She popped in a George Strait CD, then plopped down on the bed as the lyrics drummed through her ears.


When Riley let himself into the room a few hours later, drunk beyond belief, the room was swathed in darkness. He ambled over to the bed and as he moved to sit down, felt someone underneath his sheets. As his eyes focused on who it was, reality set in, sobering him up a little bit.

He rounded the bed, threw back the sheets and climbed into bed beside her. He reached out to pull her into his arms, but decided against it. She looked so peaceful; he didn’t want to disturb her slumber.

Buffy then turned over, moving closer to him, molding her body to his. "Mmm…Riley? Is that you?" she whispered, her breath hot against his neck.

"Yeah, it’s me," he said, turning his face to her.

She let out a raspy breath against his neck that awoke certain parts of his body. "What time is it?" she asked, rubbing her leg against his as her hand flattened against his stomach.

He peered at the clock, blinking a few times for the numbers to become clearer for him to read. "Uh, two-thirty."

Buffy made a noise that he couldn’t describe. The only thing that could be said was that it sent little zings through his body, starting in his stomach, shooting to, well, you get the picture.

"Oof," she said, pulling the sheets tighter around her body. "I had wanted to…but then I laid down and now…" she paused as a yawn interrupted her. "…I’m sleepy."

Riley laughed softly. He bent down, his lips brushing delicately over hers. "Go to sleep, then. We have two weeks. We’ll have plenty time to."

He felt her smile against his chest. "I love you, Riley," she murmured sleepily.

He was the one who smiled this time. "I love you, too, Buffy." And tucked away in each other’s arms, they fell into a restless sleep.


Riley woke the next morning to find that he was alone. Raising up on his elbows, he scanned the room. "Buffy?" he called out softly. No answer.

He swung his feet over the side of the bed and as they hit the floor, it sent a pang all the way to his head, which immediately fell into his hands. Memories of the night before flashed through his mind. He remembered the numerous shots of tequila, the Jell-O shots and no telling what else the guys made him drink.

Then, he remembered coming to bed to Buffy. That was something that he’d enjoyed immensely. Even though they hadn’t made love just holding her in his arms and drifting off to sleep like that, it was something that he reveled in.

However, waking up without her was another thing. He wonder where the hell she’d disappeared to.

As he rose from the bed, he had an urgent need to pee. He ambled to the bathroom, threw open the door, causing Buffy to yelp in surprise, quickly wrapping a towel around her body.

Riley stood in place, gawking at her.

Buffy couldn’t stop the smile that spread across her lips. "What are you staring at?" she asked as she bent over, spraying Riley with excess water from her hair. She wrapped a towel around her head, then straightened her back, her eyes stopping on her boyfriend who was still ogling her. "What?" she asked again, as she moved past him.

Or tried to move past him. As she had moved for the door, he had grabbed her arm, pushing her against the wall. "And where do you think you’re going?"

"Well, uh, seeing as to how I just got out the shower, I was thinking, getting dressed. I can’t walk around in a towel all day, you know."

Riley traced the bare skin above the towel that covered her breasts. "You could, but I wouldn’t advise you on that in a house of horny Marines. You’d get a rise out of each and every one. Me especially. Hell, you do that when you’re fully clothed, just think partially naked."

"Well, then let me go so that I can get prettied up."

He shook his head. "No. Sorry. Can’t do that."

Now, he was trying her patience. "Riley, just let me-" she said, pointing to the main room. He put a finger over her lips, silencing her for a few moments.

When Buffy made a move to escape him, he pulled her to him and crushed his mouth to hers. She whimpered like a puppy and became limp in his arms. Her fingers raked through his hair then down his back, marking him with her fingernails.

As quickly as she succumbed to him was as quickly as he pulled away from her. She was at his leisure now, and he wanted her, but he really really had an urge to pee. "Okay, now you can go get dressed."

Buffy blinked a few times, crinkling her nose at him. "Excuse me?"

"I got what I wanted now shoo so I can use the can," he told her, pushing her toward the door. She surprised him by slapping his bare chest. "Ow! That hurt," he exclaimed. "Damnit, Buffy, what’d you do that for?"

Buffy rolled her eyes at him. "What’d I do that for? How dare you kiss me like that and not intend to do anything further."

If they kept on chitchatting like this he would have to start dancing soon or his bladder would just bust and he’d have a puddle of urine at his feet. He didn’t want that. "I would but I really need to pee."

Buffy digested this little piece of information. "Oh?" She stepped forward, closing the space between the two of them. Then, she pushed Riley against the wall. Her palm pressed against his heart, she absorbed the steady beat through her skin.

Ever so slowly, her hands traveled down his chest, then slipped beneath the band of his sweats. "What ARE you DOING?" he asked her as she enclosed his length in her small little fist.

His head lolled back against the wall. "Buffy…please. Don’t." She moved her hand languidly up and down his length, repeating it when he moaned low and deep.

She stood on tiptoe and pressed her lips to his. "Want me to stop?" she asked, repeating the process again.

He took a few deep, raspy breaths before he was able to speak again. "God, no, but…"

She gazed up at him from under dark lashes. "But what?"

From the main room, they heard someone yell, "Buffy!"

She smiled up at Riley. "Oh, that’s Will. We’re going out for breakfast." She quickly unlatched her fist from him and pressed her lips lightly to his. "Now, you can use the can," she told him as she headed for the door.

"Oh, wait, before I go," she said, turning back towards him. "When I get back, we *will* pick this up so you better use the can long before I return." With a wicked smile, she left him to his business.

 

To be continued...

 

<< back