"Foolish Heart"

Author: Michelle
Email: michellabella52478@yahoo.com


Buffy Summers stared at the words on the page, not seeing them. Nothing seeped through her mind. The words were just words and they made no sense to her. Nothing made sense to her anymore.

"Buffy, what is it?" Willow Rosenberg asked. Having been seated next to her for the past forty-five minutes, Willow knew something was bothering Buffy.

She broke out of her reverie. "I'm sorry. What did you say, Willow?"

"Is he there, too?"

Buffy looked over at her best friend, confused. "Who?"

"Angel."

"What?"

"I know you're thinking about him."

Buffy put her chin in her hands. "You're right, Will. God, I can't even sit and read a book without thinking about him. What's wrong with me?"

Willow smiled. "It sounds like love."

"That's crazy."

"Is it? Buffy, I've seen you around him. The way your face lights up when he walks in the room. How whenever someone mentions his name, you get this faraway look on your face."

"I do?"

She nodded. "Yes. You love him."

The realization hit Buffy like a ton of bricks. "I do love him."

"See, that wasn't so bad."

Buffy shook her head. "I--I can't. I shouldn't. Willow, I'm the Slayer, Angel's a vampire. There's no way."

"Says who? He loves you, I can tell. And you love him. So what if you are a Slayer. So what if you are complete opposites. Look at Romeo and Juliet."

"They died."

Willow sighed heavily. "But they loved each other even though they knew it was wrong. You and Angel are like that. Except for the death part."

"I'm being foolish."

"No, Buffy, you're not. There's nothing foolish about being in love. Well, so I've heard."

"I really wish I could believe that."

She put a supportive arm around Buffy's shoulder. "You will, Buffy. You'll see."

 

The End

 

<< back