"Late Night Dedication"

Author: Michelle
Email: michellabella52478@yahoo.com
Disclaimer: I don't own any of the characters. They are Joss', etc. The song is "I Knew I Loved You" by Savage Garden off their "Affirmation" CD.


"This is David Martin and you're listening to KSNY, Sunnydale's number one dedication station. Our next dedication goes out to Stephanie from Jonathon--"

Buffy Summers sat at her desk talking on the phone with her best friend Willow Rosenberg. "Yeah, the trip was great. I didn't want to come home."

"How's Angel doing?" Willow wanted to know.

"He's doing good. Said to say hi to everyone. Misses you guys like crazy."

On the other end of the line, the red-head smiled at the thought of Buffy's vampire fiancé missing her company. It was sweet of him to say. "He'll be coming home soon, right?"

"Yep. Talk about irony. A vampire with a procrastination problem. But Angel is coming back next Friday night for his tux fitting and we have to pick out cake flavors and such."

"Are you getting nervous?"

Buffy chuckled. Her wedding to Angel was only two months away. "I'm lucky I get any sleep at night, worrying about all this stuff."

"Well, you know that if you need anything, I am just a phone call away."

"Thanks, Will. I'm going to try and get some of this homework done. I'll talk to you later."

"All right. 'Bye."

"'Bye." Buffy placed the receiver back on her desk, then reached over to her bookshelf for her homework. Shakespeare, she thought bitterly. My favorite. After she changed into her pajamas - an old t-shirt and blue boxer shorts - Buffy crawled under the covers to read Romeo and Juliet

She found herself enthralled in the centuries-old play. The two main characters reminded her of herself and Angel. Then again, lately, everybody reminded her of the two of them.

Sighing, she reminisced about the two nights she had spent in Los Angeles with her fiancé. At sunset, they had driven to see the houses of famous movie stars, gone to see a play at a theater that Buffy couldn't remember the name of. She and Cordelia went shopping on Rodeo Drive and then Buffy spent Saturday morning on the set of Cordy's new movie. She'd had a wonderful time and did not want to return Sunday evening.

"We have a request and dedication going out to Buffy from her Angel. Buffy, Angel misses you and wants you to know that he loves you and can't wait to see you next weekend. Here's 'I Knew I Loved You' by Savage Garden," David Martin, the disc jockey, announced.

Buffy put down the play she was reading; just listening to the words of the song Angel had dedicated together. That was so sweet of him, she thought. Only Angel would do something like that. She picked up the phone and dialed his number.

"I love you," she said into the phone when he picked up. She drifted off during their conversation, the sound of his voice soothing her to sleep, like it had that past weekend.

Maybe it's intuition
but some things you just don't question
like in your eyes
I see my future in an instant
and there it goes
I think I found my best friend
I know that it might sound more than a little crazy
but I believe
I knew I loved you before I met you
I think I dreamed you into life
I knew I loved you before I met you
I have been waiting all my life
There's just no rhyme or reason
only this sense of completion
and in your eyes
I see the missing pieces I'm searching for
I think I found my way home
I know that it might sound more than a little crazy
but I believe
I knew I loved you before I met you
I think I dreamed you into life
I knew I loved you before I met you
I have been waiting all my life
I knew I loved you before I met you
I think I dreamed you into life
I knew I loved you before I met you
I have been waiting all my life
I knew I loved you before I met you
I knew I loved you
I knew I loved you before I met you
I knew I loved you
I knew I loved you before I met you...

 

The End

 

<< back