"Kidnaped"

Author: Moe
Email: bearhugs12@hotmail.com


Her brain hurt. That much she was sure of. The test she just took was another thing. Between the slaying and studying she had been doing in the last week Buffy hadn't had much time for anything including sleep. She was exhausted and her brain felt like mush. All Buffy wanted to do was take a nice, long, hot shower and crawl into bed and sleep for days.

As she climbed the stairs to her dorm room she felt a wave of dizziness hit her. She had to grab the stair rail to steady herself. `Whoa, I guess I better skip the shower and go straight to bed.' Buffy dragged her tired body to her door. Fumbling to find her keys, she dropped the contents of her bag on the floor.

`Great.' As Buffy scrambled to collect her things the dizziness crept back to her but this time it brought a friend. As she fought to hold back the nausea that threatened to over take her she managed to get the door to her dorm room open. Grabbing her bag, she stumbled into her room and headed for the bed.

She just needed to lie down until the world stopped spinning. This feeling was familiar to her . When Buffy was 10, her and her best friend, Kristin, would hold their arms out and spin around as fast and as long as they could until they fell down, laughing and dizzy. But lying on her bed, alone in her room, she felt dread. She didn't feel like she had a fever yet she couldn't shake the dizziness. Hope that the water she keep in the fridge would help, Buffy tried to sit up. Her muscles weren't responding, she couldn't move. As the realization that she was paralyzed dawned on her she tried to yell out for help but her jaw would not move.

Fear and panic set in as her eyes darted around the room. Her lids began to grow heavy, blurring her vision. She feel away into darkness.


Buffy groaned. Her head was pounding, she felt like she had a hangover. The cloth against her face brought her into full consciousness. There seemed to be a hood or a cloth bag of some kind over her head. A separate cloth had been put in her mouth and tied behind her head. Trying to move her hands she found them locked away securely in shackles, as were her legs. The soft motion and sway of her prison led her to believe she was in a truck of some kind. Her head had been banging every once in a while against the side of the automobile and had left her extremely agitated with a headache.

Though she was chained, she felt comfortable. She had a blanket around her and was seated on some kind of cushion or mattress. Soft music came from the cabin, though the words were muffled she believed that her capture was listening to Third Eye Blind and occasionally he/it would join in.

Unable to clearly identify the distorted voice she turned her attention back to the car. They were traveling fairly fast, `must be on a highway,' Buffy rationalized. Buffy tried to remember if Giles had mentioned any new demons in town but she hadn't really been listening to him lately. Besides if it was a demon why wouldn't it just kill her and get it over with. Same with a vampire. Maybe a witch or sorcerer. `Ooh, maybe it's a band of gypsies. And they have come to sell me to the Far East as a slave. Now your just being ridiculous Summers!' she thought to herself.

The brakes squeaked as the truck slowed and turned off the road onto loose gravel coming to a stop a short distance off of it. Through the cloth over her face she could see light but that was all. The truck vibrated as the drivers' side door opened and again, a little more violently when that door was slammed shut. She heard footsteps on the gravel near the opposite side of the truck. They came to a stop right behind the tailgate. Buffy squirmed, waiting for the attack her muscles tensed with anticipation.

The footsteps resumed there course around the truck and Buffy let her body relax a little, her head resting against the side of the truck. A slight banging right next to her ear jolted her into a sitting position. Something was being unscrewed. As the smell of gasoline entered the truck Buffy knew why they had stopped. Unless the truck was a gas guzzler, she was far from home. It was getting chilly and Buffy snuggled closer to the blanket. After 10 minutes or so she heard the door to the drivers side open and whoever or whatever climb back in behind the wheel. They were on there way again. Though Buffy resisted the welcoming sleep, she couldn't fight it. A weeks worth of exhaustion over took her. She shifted slightly and found that she could lie down if she remained curled on her side. Closing her eyes, the sway of the truck rocked Buffy to sleep.


The squeal of the brakes brought Buffy back to reality from the coziness of her dream. Her muscles and joints screamed out in pain as she sat up. It was quiet and dark. The only sound was her captor fumbling around in the cabin of the truck. Buffy was cold, hungry, and sore. She just wanted something to happen. The door to the drivers side opened once again. His/its feet hit the ground with a thud. `Must be hard, packed dirt.' Buffy thought. `We must be in the mountains.' Buffy heard its footsteps fade away into the distance as it walked away from the truck. Everything was quiet.

`This is how I am going to die? In some old truck- starving to death? No way!' Buffy struggled with the chains once more with renewed vigor she had received from her nap. She felt the chain give just a little when she heard the footsteps returning. The tailgate opened and Buffy felt the truck dip as it entered her prison. It pulled at the thing she was sitting on and dragged it along with Buffy toward the tailgate. She could feel the cool air rush upon her as she got closer to the open air. The captor fumbled with keys and a lock opened, but it was neither attached to Buffy's arms or legs. `It was probably the one attaching me to the truck.'

A strong arm circled Buffy's waist while another one snaked under her legs as she was lifted off of the tailgate and pulled toward a warm body. She struggled against him but he held her firm in his grip. A gentle "Shhhh," was whispered in her ear. Buffy thought it best not to struggle and turned her attention back to the chain of her hand. She tensed her muscles once again and pulled her arms apart as best she could in this things arms. It was walking at a steady pace and was most likely concentrating on the path. It didn't notice the chain give way.

Buffy pushed off its chest and landed on her feet. She quickly broke the leg chains and was about to take the bag off her head when she felt it grab her. Facing it, letting her instincts take over she brought her knee up hard. It stumbled backwards groaning in pain. Buffy wiped off the cloth bad breaking the gag. Not losing a beat, she advanced on her attacker who was now doubled over on the ground in obvious pain. He was human that much was certain. Probably some jerk thinking he could kidnap some poor defenseless girl and take her to some remote area and have his way with her. `What he needs is a good ass kicking.' Buffy thought as she grabbed the guys collar bringing his face to hers.

"Riley?!?"

"Riley, what in the hell are you doing?" Buffy started slapping Riley repeatedly on the chest. Riley defended himself from her assault as best he could. Finding both her wrists he held her arms to her side.

"Buffy, let me explain."

Buffy managed to wiggle her right arm from Riley's grasp and swung at him, landing a solid punch to his jaw. The force of the hit caused Riley to fall back, landing with a thud on the ground. Rubbing his jaw he looked up at Buffy and was surprised to see tears in her eyes.

"How could you betray me like this? I though you liked me. So what's it to be huh Riley? Ritual sacrifice, evisceration, or good old fashion torture?"

"Buffy, please calm down." Riley stood up reaching for her. Buffy backed away.

"Don't touch me!" Buffy began to get her bearings and noticed a cabin not far away with lights on.

"So what's in the cabin Riley, a demon, a vampire maybe?" Buffy walked with determination to the cabin.

"Buffy, wait!" Riley ran to catch up with her. Buffy threw open the door just as Riley reached her.

The room was lit by dozens of candles, the fire in the fireplace crackled and popped. A blanket had been spread in the middle of the floor, a picnic basket lay open revealing a feast of cheeses, bread, fruit, and champagne. Soft music was playing from the radio. Rose petals were strewn across the floor leading to the bedroom where the bed was littered with white rose petals.

"Surprise!" Riley looked at Buffy bashfully. She turned around facing Riley.

"This is for me?"

Riley nodded to her and began to explain.

"You've been so busy with school and slaying lately that we haven't had anytime to ourselves. Plus Willow said you needed day or two off. So I decided to steal you away from the world for awhile. Don't worry about patrolling, Giles and Xander said they would handle it. Plus the Initiative is patrolling as well. He gave her a small smile hoping she wouldn't pummel him again.

"Why the chains and gag then?" Buffy still a little unsure of the situation.

"I asked Willow to perform a spell that would knock you out until we got here but the spell wasn't holding well so I put the hood on so you would be surprised. I didn't want you waking up and kill me, hence the chains. The gag was for my protection also. I thought that you might yell out while we were stopped somewhere and draw attention to us. I would hate to answer to the cops about why I have my girlfriend tied up in the back of a truck. I tried to make things as comfortable as possible for you. I hope you weren't hurt." "I'm fine. I can't believe you went through all this trouble for me." "I love you Buffy. I would walk to the ends of the earth for you." Buffy smiled as tears of joy ran down her cheeks.

"I love you too, Riley."

Riley lifted his hands to her face. Cupping her cheeks he wiped the tears away with his thumbs and pulled her in for a kiss. Breaking the kiss, Buffy's hand found Riley's and she led him into the cabin.

"You hungry?" Riley asked nodding at the spread.

"Starved." As Riley and Buffy ate they talked about anything and everything, learning more about each other, drinking in the others presence.

Lonestar's "Amazed" came on the radio and Buffy grabbed Riley's hand.

"Dance with me?"

"I'm not very good." Riley warned.

"Don't be silly, come on." Buffy pulled him up to his feet and led him off the blanket. Since Riley looked unsure of himself Buffy took the lead, grabbing his hand and guiding it to her waist. His other hand she entwined in her own, while her other hand massaged the back of his neck just below his hairline. Buffy leaned into Riley, resting her head on his chest. Closing her eyes, she listened to the beating of Riley's heart as they swayed to the music.. Deep down Buffy wished that they could stay like this forever but tonight she wanted more.

Raising her head, Buffy looked deep into Riley's eyes. He gazed lovingly back at her and kissed her lightly on the forehead.

"So Riley, did you bring me up here so that you could have your way with me?" Buffy smiled seductively up at Riley.

"Only if you let me!" Riley replied with a blush.

Buffy pulled Riley's lips to her own. Allowing her tongue to trace his lip, Buffy let her hands roam Riley's hard body. Pulling him closer to her, Buffy felt Riley's arms circle her waist. His hand gently massaging her lower back. As their kissing grew more intense Buffy began to feel an urgency and began to push Riley back towards the bedroom, her mouth not leaving his lips. Riley stopped, lifted her into his arms and carried her to the bed. He gently laid her down leaving his hand on her stomach. He lay on his side next to her pushing some stray strands of her hair off her face.

"You are so beautiful. And smart, and funny. You have such an amazing soul. I feel like the luckiest man in the world to have you in my life, Buffy. I love you!" Riley looked down into her eyes with honesty reflected in his own. Buffy pulled Riley down to her and they fell into ecstacy.


He had been awake for hours listening to her steady breathing, feeling her body next to his. Her head lay on his chest and her arm was slung across his waist. Even in sleep Buffy wanted to hold him close and protect him. Riley smiled, his hands running through her silky hair. He was happy that he could provide her with a little joy in her hectic, horror filled life. He would definitely have to plan similar outings in the future. Riley fell asleep, holding his dream come true.

The End

 

<< back