"My Way - Chapter Four"

Author: Sydnie
Email: sydniep@hotmail.com

Buffy sat on the floor of the Crawford Street mansion. She looked up at the once again dormant Acathla in complete shock and disbelief. Angel was gone. He had sacrificed his existence for hers, their unborn child's and the world.

When they had found out that Spike and Dru had 'acquired' the old mansion and figured what exactly they were up to, all that was left was foiling their plan to have the world sucked into Hell. What they hadn't planned on was that Angel was the key figure to awaken Acathla.

While Buffy was at home arguing with her mother about the amount of time she spent with Angel, the Scoobies were being ambushed at the library. Kendra was killed, Xander, Willow and Giles were knocked unconscious and Angel was taken.

Buffy arrived at the library shortly before the police did. Since she was found hovering over her sister slayer's dead body, they automatically assumed that she did it. Buffy narrowly escaped.

She was walking down the street when a police car pulled up behind her. The officer pulled his gun and demanded that she not move. Before she could react, the cop was knocked unconscious. Buffy turned to thank her savior. It was Spike.

"What do you want Spike?"

"Believe it or not Slayer, I want to help you stop Dru." Spike took a cigarette from the police officer's pocket and lit it.

"Why? I thought you'd want to have the world sucked into Hell."

He took a drag off the cigarette. "Contrary to your belief, I like the world the way it is. All the people walking around, they're like Happy Meals with legs."

"So, you want to help me what, kill her before she wakes up that Alfalfa guy?"

"NO! Just let me get her out of Sunnydale, forever. That way, she won't be anymore trouble to you." Spike offered.

"Forget it!" Buffy started to walk off.

"She's got Angel!" He called after her.

Buffy stopped in her tracks. "What do you mean? Why does she have Angel?"

"Because it's his blood that wakes Acathla." Spike explained.

Buffy's heart was pounding. "I except your help. ... But if she so much as harms Angel in anyway, I'll kill you both!"*

Buffy thought back to the events that happened that night. She kept hearing Angel's voice telling her loved her and the baby, but she knew what she had to do.

*She kissed him, told him that she loved him and ran him through with the sword that Kendra had given her, sending her only love to Hell, sealing the vortex.*

Buffy rubbed her hand over her flat stomach. "What are we gonna do now? I'm the only one that knows about you, your daddy's gone and your grandmother kicked me out because I wouldn't give him up."

Tears were now streaming down her cheeks. She stood up, wrapped her arms around herself and slowly walked out of the mansion.

Buffy waited for her mother's Jeep Cherokee to pull out of the driveway and then walked into the house.

She slowly trod up the stairs to the bedroom she'd spent the last year and a half of her life in. She grabbed her duffel bag out of the closet and began packing. After her clothes and toiletries were packed, she opened the drawer of her nightstand and took out the small box that contained the silver cross and claddagh ring that her beloved had given her. She kept them there so she wouldn't lose them when she slayed. She slipped the ring on her finger and the chain around her neck, "I'll never take these off again, Angel. I promise."

She grabbed Mr. Gordo off of her bed, put him in her bag and left

 

The End

 

<< back