"My Way - Chapter Eight"

Author: Sydnie
Email: sydniep@hotmail.com

He sat in complete darkness. It had been what seemed like decades since Angel's world went black.

"She has to be okay. She and the baby are going to be fine." He was trying to convince himself.

Angel got up and began to walk around the room. He continued to talk, not just to himself, but to anyone or anything that was listening.

"I did what was right. I know I did, but she's the one who's suffering. She has sacrificed over and over. Buffy Summers deserves happiness!"

An entity if pure white light listened to Angel's words. A booming voice filled the air.

"Make it so!"

Angel fell to the ground. He felt as if his body was being pulled, ripped apart. Then everything was spinning. It was like he was in a room with an out of control disco ball.

Then things were vacant; no lights, no sound, just deafening silence. He began to fall.

Buffy felt the urge to go to the Crawford Street mansion. Being almost eight months pregnant, she knew she shouldn't go by herself, but she needed to do it alone.

"I'll just go to the spot where he died and say goodbye."

As she walked in the direction of the mansion, she picked an assortment of wild flowers. Twenty minutes later, Buffy entered the massive domicile.

Memories flooded her mind. She walked over to the alcove where Acathla once stood and placed the flowers on the floor where her beloved was sucked into Hell.

"I will always love you, Angel." She blew a kiss into the air.

Suddenly, there was a bright flash of blinding light. When she opened her eyes, she was beyond shocked. Lying on the floor in front of her was her Angel.

Giles arrived at the mansion shortly after Buffy had called him.

"Buffy?"

"We're in the alcove." Buffy answered.

Giles walked over to the alcove and was indeed shocked to see his Slayer. She was sitting on the floor with a naked Angel's head in what little lap she had.

Buffy looked up at her watcher. "He came back to me, Giles. Somehow, he came back to me." Tears streamed down her face.

"This is, well, I ... I must say that this is truly amazing."

"Giles, what's even more amazing is that he has a pulse."

Giles looked at her in disbelief. "What?"

"It's faint, but he has one. I'm not complaining, but how did this happen?"

"I ... I'm not sure Buffy. I've never heard of an instance like this. Has he been conscious at all?"

"Not yet." Buffy continued to run her fingers through his hair.

"Oh ... I brought these like you requested." He handed her the clothes he had brought with him.

"Thanks. Would you mind helping me get him dressed?"

Giles simply nodded and began to put the gray sweat pants on the vampire, or whatever he now was.

After he was clothed, Angel began to stir. He opened his eyes and saw his love smiling.

Angel repeated the same phrase over and over. "She's okay. She's okay. She's okay..."

The End

 

<< back