"My Way - Chapter Eleven"

Author: Sydnie
Email: sydniep@hotmail.com

Faith was the anti-Buffy. She completely got off on the whole slayer thing. After three hours, Buffy was relieved that she was gone.

"So, what do you think of her?" Angel asked her as he rubbed her back.

"She's not shy, that's for sure." Her head fell back as he rubbed her shoulders. "Mmm ... I am definitely keeping you around like forever."

Angel grinned. "I think I can arranged that." He kissed the side of her neck.

She yawned. "I'm sleepy."

He placed his hands around her waist and rest them on her belly. "I should get going."

"Stay with me ... just to sleep." She rested the back of her head against his shoulder.

"I don't think your mother would appreciate that very much."

Buffy laughed. "Honey, I'm pregnant. Plus, you were gone a long time. I'm not really ready to be away from you yet."

"Okay." He agreed. "But only if it's alright with your mom."

The next few days, Buffy was by Angel's side 24/7. Not that he minded, but he had something that he wanted to do. His chance finally came when she had another test.

Angel was buzzed into Sunnydale Jewelry and walked straight to the engagement rings.

"Hello sir. It's been a long time. Is there something special I can help you find today?" The owner of the business asked.

He smiled at the woman. "I'm looking for an engagement ring for the most incredible woman on this planet."

That night, Angel had taken Buffy to the Bronze. The sign on the door said 'Closed for Private Party'.

"I guess we'll have to go somewhere else." Buffy said as she looked up at him.

Angel grabbed the keys from his pocket and unlocked the door. "I don't think so."

When they walked in, Buffy was amazed. A light was shining on a table that sat in the middle of the dance floor. It was decorated with candles and flowers.

He led Buffy to her seat and held out the chair. "I can't believe you rented this place for the night. It must have cost a fortune."

"Not exactly. Buffy, there are a few things we need to talk about."

Her heart began to pound. "Is there something wrong?"

Angel sat across from her. "Everything's fine, my love. There's just a few things about my life I feel you have the right to know."

"Don't tell me, you have a secret life." She quirked her eyebrow at him.

"Sort of."

"Okay, I was kidding."

He took her hand in his. "It's nothing bad, I promise."

A man dressed in a tux came to the table and poured water into their glasses.

"Thank you. You may serve the appetizer now."

"Yes sir." The server left them alone.

Angel's gaze met Buffy's once more.

She licked her lips. "So, tell me your secrets."

He nodded. "Okay ... well, first off, I didn't rent this place, I own it."

Her eyes went wide. "You OWN the Bronze?"

He nodded. "And a few other things around town."

She looked at him sternly. "I can't believe it."

"You're upset with me." He looked down at the table.

"Hell yes I'm upset! All this time I've been paying a cover."

He looked up at her and she smiled at him. "You're kidding."

"Yes, I'm kidding. I figured you got your money from somewhere."

He kissed her hand "You're amazing."

The server brought a huge plate of nachos.

"Yum!" Buffy let out a sigh as she put a cheese covered chip in her mouth. "Oh my God! I have been craving these."

"I know." He chuckled. "You've been talking about them in your sleep."

"Really?"

He nodded.

After savoring her food, she began speaking. "Okay, so secret number one is that you have money. How much are you worth?"

"Well, with the businesses and the stocks, I'd say a few ... million."

Buffy almost choked on her food. "You're worth millions of dollars?"

"Yes."

Buffy was stunned. "Why didn't you ever tell me?"

He scratched his head. "It never came up."

"Anymore secrets you've been keeping?"

"Just one, but it will keep until after dinner."

Buffy took the last bite of her enchilada. "I think I'm going to talk in my sleep more often. That was exactly what I was craving."

"I'm glad you enjoyed it."

The server cleared their plates.

Angel sat across from Buffy and stared at her.

"Do I have food on my face?"

"No." He smiled.

"Then why are you staring at me?"

He rubbed the back of his neck. "Because I want to ask you to marry me and I'm not exactly sure what to say."

Buffy clutched her hand to her chest. "Y...you what?" Tears rose to the surface of her eyes.

Angel stood up, walked around the table and got down on one knee in front of her. "Buffy, I am who I am because of you. You showed me that I deserved to be loved. No matter what I am." He placed his hand on her stomach. "By some wonderful twist of fate, we created this little girl. I can't imagine my life without either of you. I love you, Buffy. Will you be my wife?"

Buffy looked down at the two caret round diamond ring Angel held in his hand. She began to nod as her smile grew wider.

"Yes, Angel, I will marry you. I will be your wife." The baby kicked as she kissed him. "I think our daughter approves."

He kissed her belly. "When do you want to do this?"

She stroked his face. "How about after my birthday? That way I won't be waddling down the aisle to you."

"If that's what you want to do, we'll wait. I love you, Buffy."

"Oh, my Angel, I love you too. So much."

They kissed.

 

The End

 

<< back