"My Way - Chapter Fifteen"

Author: Sydnie
Email: sydniep@hotmail.com

Buffy was sitting in the guestroom , which was now the temporary nursery, in a rocking chair nursing Meghan. She couldn't believe that just four days before she had given birth to this amazing little girl.

There was a knock on the door. "Can I come in?"

Buffy nodded. "Sure."

Hank walked in and sat down on the bed. "I hate to go, but my plane leaves soon."

"I know." She smiled. "Thanks for being here Daddy. It really means so much to me." She looked down at her baby and saw that she was asleep. Buffy carefully lifted her daughter to her shoulder and started patting her tiny back.

"Well, I should be back in a month or so..." He noticed the sad look on Buffy's face. "What's wrong?"

She ran her thumb over the dark hair on Meghan's head. "Once again, you'll miss Christmas ... probably my birthday too."

"Buffy..."

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean it. My emotions are still completely out of whack. I know this is business." The baby gave a tiny burp. Buffy stood up and gently placed her in the cradle. "Sleep well my baby."

Hank got up and walked over to Meghan. He kissed his finger and placed it to her cheek. "Goodbye Sweetheart. Granddad will see you as soon as he can."

Buffy turned on the monitor and led her father out of the room.

Later that evening, Buffy and Angel were sitting on the couch. Meghan was lying on her father's legs with her little feet resting on his stomach. Buffy's head was resting on his shoulder.

Joyce quietly grabbed her camera and snapped a picture.

"Mom, what's the rule about taking pictures of Buffy when she looks like this?" Buffy motioned to the sweats she was wearing.

Angel kissed her head. "I think you look great."

"I'm sorry Buffy, but I couldn't resist. It's a really sweet family moment and I wanted to capture it."

Buffy smiled. "Fine, but next time you see one of those, make sure I'm wearing makeup."

Joyce shook her head. "Whatever you say, Dear." She picked Meghan up off of Angel's lap. "Come on Sweetheart, let's give Mommy and Daddy some alone time."

"Will you be okay alone with her?" Angel nervously asked.

"Angel, I know how to take care of a baby. Plus, we're just going upstairs."

They all laughed. Joyce headed upstairs with the baby leaving Buffy and Angel sitting on the couch. After about five minutes of sitting in silence, Angel finally spoke.

"I was thinking about going house hunting this week."

"I know just where to start." Buffy said as she quickly got off of the couch.

Angel watched his love scurry out of the room. When she returned, she was carrying a folder with her.

"When Mom and I were looking for a house here, there was this one in particular that I really loved. It wasn't even a consideration, but when we moved here, I learned everything about it. I must warn you, it needs a LOT of work."

"It might not be for sale anymore." Angel warned her.

"Oh, it is!" She said eagerly. "I ... uh ... well, I knew ... that we'd be looking for a house soon, so I ... uh ... kind of called the realtor last week." She gave him a shy smile.

"Oh. So, what's in the folder?" He inquired.

"Pictures, floor plans, decorating ideas, landscaping ideas, repair cost estimates..."

Angel was looking at her in amusement. "Got a timeline of how long it will take to fix up?" He had been joking, but when she produced it, he was in awe.

"You really want this house, don't you?"

She sat on his lap and nodded. "Um hmm."

"Let me see it." He told her.

Buffy was giddy and bouncing on his lap. He took the folder from her. "Maybe you should sit beside me."

She felt the reason for his request pressing hard against her ass. "Good idea." She moved off of his lap.

Angel opened the folder. The house was very Rockwellian. It was a large three-story with four columns in the front and a wrap around balcony. It desperately needed to be painted. He turned the page. It was a floor plan.

Buffy began pointing out the different rooms. "It's got a huge family room with a fireplace and a half bath, a den, an office, a huge formal dining room, kitchen, breakfast nook, a mud room, whatever that is, a laundry room and another half bath." She turned the page. "The second floor has the master bedroom with a full master bath, boy do I have plans for that, two huge walk-in closets and a fireplace, and then there's four more bedrooms and three full bathrooms." She turned the page. "The third floor used to be an attic, but it was transformed into an apartment. It has a bedroom, bathroom, living room, kitchen and its own entrance." She turned the page. "Now, the basement was turned into a game room and also has a half bath." She turned the page. "In the back yard, there's a really great swimming pool, which, by the way, the realtor keeps up, and the house sits on ten acres."

"What's the asking price?"

She took a deep breath and turned the page. "It's been on the market for five years and since it's in such dire need of repair, it's been reduced to the low, low price of one hundred and twenty-three thousand dollars." Buffy waited for Angel's reaction.

"I'll call the realtor on Monday and get ball rolling."

Buffy squealed and jumped back in Angel's lap. "Oh my God! Thank you, thank you, thank you!" She began placing kisses all over his face and then straddled him and began kissing him passionately. "I love you so much!" She continued kissing him.

Angel was breathless. "Buffy..." She began sucking on his neck. "Baby, we need to stop."

Buffy pulled back. "Angel, I'm almost healed. This is one of those times it's good to be the slayer."

He stroked her cheek. "I want you completely healed. We can wait."

She sighed and then pouted. "Fine."

Willow and Xander went over to Buffy's on Sunday. They had seen Meghan in the hospital, but not since she'd been home.

Xander looked at the baby girl. "I thought she'd be blond like Buffy."

Angel chuckled.

"What?"

"Xander, Buffy's not even blond like Buffy." He smirked. Believe me. I've seen the REAL Buffy."

Buffy and Willow started giggling as Xander processed what Angel had said. "Man, I don't need to hear about your sex life."

"Why not Xander?" Willow asked. "You're looking at living proof they have one."

"Buffy, your daughter is beautiful, but I think it's time I take my leave."

"Come on Xand, we're just joking." Buffy told him.

He hugged her. "I know. I actually need to meet Cordy. She needs someone to lug her bags while she does some Christmas shopping."

Angel winced. "Ouch. That's a fate worse than death."

"What we don't do for our women." Xander said as he headed for the door. "See you guys later."

Angel took the baby from Buffy. "I'm going to take this sleepy little girl and lay her down upstairs." He kissed Buffy sweetly.

"Thanks, Honey" Buffy waited for Angel to go up the stairs before telling Willow her news. "I'm getting my house!"

"The big white one?"

Buffy nodded. "Angel's calling the realtor tomorrow and then he's going to buy it for me. Of course we won't be able to move in for six months because of all the work that needs to be done, but I'm going to raise my family in my dream house."

Willow hugged her best friend. "I'm so happy for you."

"I need a favor."

"Anything."

Buffy got up to make sure that no one was listening. "I need you to make sure that there are no unwanted spirits hanging out there."

"No problem Buffy. I'll even do a protection spell."

"Thanks Will. That means a lot to me."

That evening, Willow and Oz walked up the steps to the front door. She sprinkled a magic powder. "Protect all who enter this house."

She opened the door and there was a blinding light.

The End

 

<< back