"My Way - Chapter Eighteen"

Author: Sydnie
Email: sydniep@hotmail.com

When Angel walked through the front door of the Summers house carrying his daughter, he was met with the sound of Buffy crying.

He entered the living room and saw her sitting on the couch with her head in her hands and tears flowing down her face.

"I take it your first day back at school wasn't a good one?"

She nodded her head and reached her arms out for her baby. Angel placed a kissed the top of their little girl's head, placed Meghan in Buffy's arms and kissed his fiancée.

"What happened?" He asked as he sat beside her.

She cradled her baby in her arms and placed kisses on her forehead. "I just had an awful day. It started off with having to meet with Snyder. He REMINDED me that motherhood was not an excuse for absences or tardies. Too many and he'll expel me. I also have to maintain a B average in every class if I want to remain a student in HIS high school."

Angel pushed her hair behind her ear. "That should be no problem. There are enough of us around to take care of Megg and make sure get your homework done. What else happened today?"

She sighed. "Everywhere I went today, people were talking behind my back. I was called a tramp, a whore, oh and my personal favorite, a doorknob. But when Harmony told me told me straight to my face that I should have given our baby up for adoption because she'll most likely end up a slut like me, I completely broke down in front of the entire school." With tears continuing to stream down her face, Buffy looked into Angel's eyes. "I don't want to go back there tomorrow ... or ever."

He caressed her face. "Oh my love, you know that Harmony only acts like that because she's trying to act like a someone when she's really a nobody. And with the fact that Cordelia is now your friend and not hers, she's striking out at you and unfortunately for her, our daughter."

"What do you mean 'unfortunately for her'?"

Angel had a wicked grin on his face. "Buffy, where does Harmony spend almost every evening?"

"The Bronze."

"And who owns The Bronze?"

"You do."

Angel shook his head. "Correction, we do. When I returned from Hell, I had my lawyer draw up papers giving you fifty percent of everything I own."

Meghan began to fuss and without even thinking about it, Buffy unbuttoned her blouse, unfastened her nursing bra and began feeding her daughter. "Why are you just telling me this now?"

"Well, I was going to tell you on our wedding day. But, I think that you need it more now."

Buffy smiled. "Does that mean that I could, oh say, ban a particular blonde bitch from OUR club?"

He kissed her. "You most certainly can." He stared at her.

"What?"

"You have no idea how incredibly sexy you look when you nurse Meghan."

She looked down at Meghan and then at Angel. "You're weird."

The next day at school, Buffy walked through the hallway with an air of confidence. She entered her English class and took her seat next to Harmony. She glared at the self righteous bitch.

"What's your problem, Mommy?"

Buffy sighed. "Oh nothing."

"You are such a freak."

Buffy smiled to herself as the teacher began class.

That night after speaking with Buffy, Cordelia made sure to get a table close to the door. There was no way that she wanted to miss the floorshow.

At precisely eight o'clock, Harmony showed up at the door.

"I'm sorry Hon, but you're not allowed in here." The bouncer informed her.

"Excuse me?" She was flabbergasted.

"I was told not to let you in."

"By who?"

"Whom."

"Whatever. I want to talk to the manager." She insisted.

"He's off tonight, but I'll gladly get the owner." He picked up the phone by the door, pushed the number one and told the person on the other end that they were needed at the door.

Harmony rolled her eyes. "This is ridiculous." That's when she saw Buffy walking towards her.

Buffy glanced at Harmony and then at the bouncer. "What do you need Mike?"

Harmony looked at Buffy with disgust. "Uh, I asked to see the owner, not the town whore."

The smile on Buffy's face grew as she looked at Harmony. "Mike?"

"Miss Summers owns fifty percent of this club."

The blonde's mouth dropped opened.

"The other half is owned by my fiancé. You know, the FATHER of my baby. Now, I want you off of my property before I have Mike here get physical with your scrawny ass."

Harmony put her hands on her hips. "Fine, we'll just find another place to hang out. But know this, without me and mine, your little club will close in a month."

"Your friends don't have to leave. In fact, Mike, everyone in Miss Kendall's party is comped tonight. Everyone but her." Buffy looked at the girl who was almost in tears. "Bye Harm."

Harmony looked at her friends. "Like they'd stay without me. Come on guys, let's go."

The teens entered the club. "Sorry." One of them said. "No cover."

Harmony stood there as the door closed in her face.

Buffy felt two strong arms wrap around her waist.

"Feel better?"

She turned around and looked into Angel's eyes. "Very much so, thank you." She wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him.

 

The End

 

<< back