"My Way - Chapter Twenty-One"

Author: Sydnie
Email: sydniep@hotmail.com

Giles sat in his office trying to figure out what the hell was going on. He was actually having romantic feelings for Joyce Summers. He knew that it had been building over time, but it was frowned upon by the council. Since he was no longer a part of them, he wondered if he should pursue her openly.

Angel entered the library carrying Meghan. The wedding was only four days away and he and Buffy were taking care of all of the last minute details during her lunch period.

Giles walked out of his office. "What's on the agenda today?"

Angel shook his head. "Big problem."

"Please don't tell me that there's something wrong." Both men turned at the sound of Buffy's voice. She and Willow had just walked into the library.

Angel took Meghan out of her pouch and handed her to her mother's outstretched arms. "There was a fire at St. Michael's last night. The church burned to the ground."

Tears filled Buffy's eyes. Willow put her arm around her. "Oh Buffy, everything's going to be okay."

The Slayer looked at her best friend as if she were nuts. "Will, my wedding is in four days and now there's no place to have it. Every place, every church, every hall is booked."

Meghan started to fuss. "Giles, may I use your office?"

"By all means."

Buffy went into the office, sat down and began nursing her daughter.

"What about having it at your house? I mean, it's big enough and it's finished." Willow suggested.

"That's good." Angel nodded his head. "And since there's really not that many people invited, it won't be difficult telling everyone. Willow, you're a genius!" He went into the office and told Buffy Willow's idea.

Twenty minutes later, he emerged with Meghan on his shoulder patting her little back. "Buffy's contacting Father David. Willow, I can not thank you enough for your suggestion."

Willow smiled. "I just want you two to be happy."

Buffy came out of the office and sighed. "Father David's set for Saturday at the house. Now we just need to call the florist, the caterer..."

"Why call the caterer? The reception is at The Bronze." Angel reminded her.

She took their daughter from him and she let out a huge burp. "Ooh baby, that was rude." She said in baby talk. Then she looked at Angel. "No, I figured that since we're having the wedding at the house, we could have the reception there too. And if Meggie gets cranky, we can just take her up to her room. It'd be a lot more quiet than your office at The Bronze."

Angel put his arm around her and kissed her sweetly. "I love the way you think."

Buffy smiled up at him. "That's why you're marrying me."

That evening, Buffy was curled up on the couch talking on the cordless phone. "I know Gramma. When Angel told me the church burned, I didn't know what we were going to do, but than my best friend suggested that we use our new house. ... Yes ma'am. ... Okay, so you and Granddad are coming in tomorrow? ... No, you're staying here. Angel's moving Meghan's cradle into my room. I can't wait for you to see her. She's so incredible. ... No ma'am, Mom's making him stay at his apartment. ... I know that you don't mind, but you know how Grandma and Grandpa Summers are. ... I know, I mean, hello, I have a baby."

Angel entered the living room carrying a crying little girl. "She's hungry Mommy."

She nodded her head. "I gotta go Gramma. Motherhood calls. ... Okay I'll see you tomorrow. ... I love you too. ... Bye,"

Angel handed her the baby after she put the phone down.

"Mom's or Dad's?"

"Mom's. You are absolutely going to love them. The Summers are a different story. They're kind of ... religious."

He sat next to her. "In other words we're getting a lecture."

"If we're lucky. They're VERY 'old school' Catholic."

Angel laughed. "I'm older school Catholic."

Buffy rolled her eyes and smiled. "Yes, but they don't know that. Oh, and don't be surprised if the first thing out of their mouths is when are we having Meghan baptized. They didn't talk to my parents for like six months until they gave in and had me done."

"Well, living in this town, it couldn't hurt."

"True. ... UGH!!! I hate the fact that this is going to be our last night together before the wedding."

He put his arm around her and with his other hand he brushed his fingers through Meghan's fine hair. "Baby, in just a few days we'll spend every night for the rest of our lives together."

Buffy smiled and leaned into her love. "I'm so lucky to have the two of you." She noticed that Meghan was asleep. She brought the baby to her shoulder and began to pat her back.

After Meghan was down, Buffy and Angel retreated to her bedroom. She quickly lay on her bed and reached for her lover to join her. He removed his shoes and did just so.

He hovered over her, caressing her face and neck with the lightest of touches. "What time's your mom going to be home?"

The feeling of Angel's fingers on her face and neck were making Buffy intoxicated. "Not sure ... she ... she's out with, um, Giles. Why?"

He gave her a wicked look. "I was thinking that we could use a shower."

Buffy looked up into his eyes. "Well, I am feeling a little ... dirty."

Angel got up, helped her off the bed, grabbed the monitor and carried her into the bathroom.

He set her on the floor and put the monitor on the counter. Then his full attention went to his love. His fingers began unbuttoning her blouse. Before long, they were both naked. Angel turned the shower on. Once the water was warm, they stepped in.

Angel lathered the soap in his hands and rubbed his hands across her bare breasts. Buffy arched into the smoothness of his hands.

One of his hands slid down her body and between her legs. She wrapped her left leg around him and he slipped two fingers inside her.

She ground her body into his hand. "Ooh! Oh yeah, right there."

He ran his thumb over her tight nub. That's all it took and Buffy was writhing uncontrollably. When her body calmed, her removed his fingers from her.

She looked up at her love. "I need more."

They rinsed each other off, got out of the shower, wrapped towels around their selves, grabbed the monitor and rushed into the bedroom.

The towels were discarded. But before they could resume their lovemaking they heard a scream come from Joyce's room. Buffy grabbed her robe and went quickly into her mother's room without knocking.

Buffy couldn't move. She just stared at her mother lying naked in her bed ... with Giles.

 

The End

 

<< back