"My Way - Chapter Twenty-Two"

Author: Sydnie
Email: sydniep@hotmail.com

Buffy couldn't move. She just stared at her mother lying naked in her bed ... with Giles.

Buffy's eyes were transfixed on her mother and the man of whom she thought of as a father.

Joyce and Giles turned towards the door to see a stunned Buffy.

The younger woman put her hand to her mouth. "Oh my dear Lord. I am SO sorry." She closed the door and ran right into Angel.

"Is everything okay?"

Buffy dragged him back into her room, shut the door and busted out laughing.

"What?"

She caught her breath. "Oh my God! I ... I just ... Oh my God!" She started laughing again.

Angel was confused. "You just what?"

Buffy took a deep breath and let it out slowly. Trying not to laugh again, she spoke. "I just walked in on my mom having sex with Giles."

Angel's eyes went wide. "You did what? ... Joyce and Giles?"

She nodded her head. "I don't think I'm in the mood anymore. You wanna go downstairs and get something to eat?"

"My daughter just walked in on me having sex." Joyce was sitting up clutching the sheet to her chest and rocking.

Giles was looking a little pale. "Yes ... uh ... w-well, uh, perhaps we should talk with her."

"And say what exactly?" She looked at him questioningly.

"I see your point."

Buffy was inhaling the huge sandwich she had made.

"You know, this could be payback for the times she's walked in on us." Angel told her.

She winced. "For whom? Her or me?" She wiped her mouth.

"How do you feel about this?"

Buffy shuddered. "Other than being totally disgusted? I just want them both to be happy, you know? I love them both so much and I don't want to see either of them get hurt."

A smile crept over Angel's face and he laughed. "I bet the look on Giles' face was absolutely priceless."

Buffy started to chuckle. "I just remember seeing naked body parts." She shuddered again.

They turned when they heard the sound of someone clearing their throat. Joyce was standing in the doorway.

"Angel, I need to speak to Buffy please."

He smiled. "Sure Joyce." He gave Buffy a kiss. "I'll check on Megg and turn in. Love you."

"I love you too." She smiled as he walked out of the kitchen. "I can't wait to marry him."

"Buffy..." Her mother started.

"It's okay, Mom. I'm not upset. A little grossed out, but not upset."

"It's just that Rupert and I have been seeing each other for a while, and when he kissed me good night I just thought, go for it. You know? I mean I'm not getting any younger and..." Joyce rambled.

"Mom! I said I'm fine with this. Both you and Giles deserve to be happy and if you make each other happy, then I'm happy. You are happy, aren't you?"

"Yes, Buffy, I'm happy." Joyce sighed. "Do me a favor?"

Buffy nodded her head. "I won't tell Gramma you had sex with my school's librarian."

"Thank you."

"I don't understand why you think Gramma would freak? She's so incredibly cool."

Joyce shook her head. "That's because she's your grandmother. That's not the woman who raised me. You see, the woman who raised me was all about rules and order. The day you were born, she became a completely different person."

Buffy stood up and hugged her mother. "Well, I have a completely cool mom."

Joyce kissed her on top of her head. "You're just saying that because I'm letting you marry your two hundred and forty plus boyfriend. ... About that. What are we telling people when they ask how old he is?"

"You know, we've never discussed that. I know that he was twenty six when he was turned, but I'm thinking that certain people will have a fit about an eight year age difference."

"Well, why don't the two of you talk about it and come up with something before your grandparents get here tomorrow afternoon." Joyce suggested.

"We will." Buffy yawned. "I'm going to bed. Night Mom." She kissed her cheek. As she walked out of the kitchen, she turned around and pointed her index finger at her mother. "You two keep it down. Some of us are trying to sleep around here."

Joyce snickered. "Honey, we heard the moaning coming from the bathroom when we were going into my room."

Buffy gave her a huge smile. "Okay, so we'll both keep it down. ... Goodnight Mommy."

"Night Baby."

 

The End

 

<< back