"My Way - Chapter Twenty-Eight"

Author: Sydnie
Email: sydniep@hotmail.com

Prom. It's a word you either love or hate. It's a word Buffy loved.

Since she was a little girl, it was the second thing she looked forward to most. The first being her wedding.

In her fantasy she was escorted by the most handsome man in the world. Luckily, her husband filled that order.

It was the Monday before her Prom and she smiled as she looked through hundreds of dresses.

"Oh God! She's in Angel Land again." Cordelia stated. She waved her hand in front of her friend's face. "Hello? Hellmouth to Buffy?"

Buffy shook from her daze. "Sorry, did you say something?"

"Have you found a dress yet?" Willow asked.

"Nothing yet. How about you guys?"

Both girls shook their heads.

"Buffy, you haven't even looked yet. When your not off in Angel Land, you're fawning over Meghan." Cordelia told her.

"She's a baby Cordelia. I'm her mother. I'm supposed to fawn over her." Buffy informed her as she picked her five month old daughter out of the stroller. She nuzzled her nose to Megg's face. "I mean, who could resist that gorgeous, wittle baby?"

Willow laughed. It was funny to see her best friend act all ooey gooey over her daughter. She was a great mom. "Well, she IS the cutest baby in the world."

"Okay, okay, I'll admit she's the most adorable baby that's ever been born, but we have a crisis. Prom is in four days and we have nothing to wear." She said in typical Cordelia fashion.

Buffy took a deep breath and blew it out. "Okay, I'm focused." She looked at Meghan. "Do you see anything that Mommy might like?"

A very snooty woman approached them. "Are you ladies purchasing today or are we just browsing?"

Cordelia rolled her eyes. "Well, if we can find anything we like, then we'll buy it, won't we?"

The woman gave a fake laugh, then turned her attention to Buffy. "You know dear, the clearance racks are over there."

Buffy gave her a puzzled look. "Excuse me?"

"Well, a girl in your ... situation doesn't have the finances for my current line. Perhaps something from last Spring."

Buffy shook her head in disgust. She put Meghan in her stroller and walked out without saying another word.

"Boy, you blew it lady." Cordelia scolded the woman.

"Oh, of course. Because teenage mothers have so much money to spend on a Prom dress. She'd probably try to return it after she wore it."

"You can't judge a book by its cover. You know the shopping center that you have your little store in? ... She and her husband own it." Cordelia told her matter of factly.

The woman looked stunned.

"I don't think you're gonna get your lease renewed." Willow added as they left the store.

When they walked out of the store, they spotted Buffy sitting on a bench across the street.

"Buffy, are you okay?" Willow asked.

"Yeah, just angry." She stood up.

"Well, Cordelia put her in her place."

Buffy looked at Cordelia. "What did you do?"

Cordelia smiled. "I just told her that you and Angel own the shopping center that her tacky little store is in."

"We do?"

The brunette shrugged. "Not that I know of, but the look on her face was priceless."

The slayer laughed.

Buffy walked in her home with Meghan in one arm and a bunch of shopping bags in the other.

Angel greeted her with a kiss and took Meghan.

"Yeah, that's it, take the lightest thing I'm carrying." She playfully smirked.

Meghan laughed as her daddy lifted her up and blew on her belly. "Get everything you need for your dance?"

Buffy looked at her bags. "Nope."

"What else do you need?"

She took a deep breath. "Um ... dress, shoes, accessories..."

"Then, what's in the bags?"

She gave him an innocent look. "Well, I mean, summer's coming up and so I bought a few things for Megg and you and me..."

"Um hmm.

"Don't look at me like that!" She inhaled. "We were in Jade's Boutique and this woman was really rude to me. Acting like because I'm a teenage mother, I must be poor. She showed me the clearance racks."

He followed his wife up to their bedroom as she was talking.

"So let me guess, you left there and impulse shopped."

She sat on the wooden chest at the foot of her bed. "You know me so well. ... I hate it when people look down on me. I am so NOT what they see."

Angel sat next to her and handed her their daughter. "No Buffy, you're not. You're a beautiful, intelligent eighteen year old woman who happens to be married and have a baby. So you're still in high school. Big deal. You had to mature much faster than other people you're age. The day you were called, you gave up being a plain high school student."

She put her head on his shoulder. "I was NEVER plain." She laughed.

"You know what I meant."

"Yes I do. ... By the way, do we own that shopping center on Commerce?" She asked with a smile.

By the time Friday night came around, Buffy was wearing a beautiful, strapless, pink gown. Her hair was down and around her neck was a two caret diamond drop.

Angel went up behind her and put his hands on her hips. "You look almost as beautiful as you did on our wedding day."

Buffy looked at the two of them in the full length mirror. "As do you. ... Ready to drink some spiked punch and do the Electric Slide?"

He smiled. "With you by my side, I'm up for anything."

Buffy grabbed her handbag and Angel led her downstairs and out the front door of their home to the waiting limousine.

The gym was decorated as best as a gym could be. Lots of crape paper, cardboard and glitter.

Buffy and Angel walked in and were immediately greeted by Willow and Oz.

"Buffy, your dress is gorgeous!"

"Thanks Will. Yours is great." She returned the compliment.

Angel and Oz looked at each other.

"Nice tux, man." Oz told Angel.

"Yours too." Angel replied.

Both guys laughed.

"You can stop making fun of us now." Buffy told her husband as she playfully punched his side.

He leaned down and kissed her sweetly. "I apologize, my love."

Xander and Cordelia arrived. They were arguing as usual.

"Why do I even put up with you?" Cordelia said loudly.

"What happened this time?" Willow wondered.

Cordelia crossed her arms over her stomach. "Dumbass stepped on my dress helping me out of the car."

"God, Cordy, how many times do I have to apologize?"

Angel interjected. "Lets go and find our table. That way the two of you can bicker more privately."

Cordy huffed. "I am not bickering."

"She's right. She's bitching." Xander smirked.

"After tonight, we are SO over!"

"Why wait until it's over with? Let's just end it now!" Xander shot back.

"Because it's the Prom, stupid. We will dance, we will have our picture taken and we will have fun. After that, we will never have to speak to each other again."

Angel whispered in Buffy's ear. "Dance with me."

She looked into his eyes and smiled. "I'd love to."

He led her to the dance floor and they wrapped their arms around each other and swayed to the music.

"Do you think they're going to break up?" She asked him.

He shook his head. "All that arguing, no way. They'll end up in bed."

She pulled back and looked up at him. "And you have the nerve to tell me that all I think about is sex."

"When you and I patrol, what's usually the first thing that happens when we get home?"

"We take a shower."

He smiled. "And what so we do in the shower?"

Her eyes were lust-filled. "I guess all of the aggression does get me a little hot."

"A little? Baby, the last time we patrolled we cracked the tile."

Buffy's fingers were playing with the back of Angel's hair. "You just look so sexy when we get home from a night of slaying. All sweaty and disheveled..." She took a deep breath. "Can we go home now?"

"We've only been here twenty minutes. I thought you wanted a real high school moment?"

"Throw my words back at me, why don't you?"

An hour later they were handing out the Senior awards. When Cordelia was crowned Prom Queen, Harmony left the gym in a huff.

Xander on the other hand was cheering louder than anyone else. "That's MY girl! WOO!"

Buffy looked at Angel and smiled. "Looks like someone's going to be borrowing the key to the apartment tonight."

"What'd I tell ya?"

Xander walked to where Cordelia waited for him on the dance floor. She put her arms around his neck and held him close as they danced.

"I don't want to break up with you." She told him.

"I don't wanna break up either. ... I love you, Cordelia."

"I love you too, Xander."

After the song ended, Cordelia and Xander went up to Buffy and Angel.

"Hey." Xander said giddily.

"Hey back." Buffy answered.

"Um ... uh..." Xander muttered.

"Would it be possible to borrow the key to the attic apartment?" Cordy blurted out.

Biting his lip trying not to laugh, Angel took his keys from his pocket and handed her the apartment key.

Cordelia grabbed the key. "Thanks. Bye!"

She dragged Xander out of the gym.

At a quarter to midnight, Buffy and Angel were still on the dance floor. Willow and Oz had left fifteen minutes earlier.

"I know I'm probably jinxing it, but I have had the best time tonight. Other than being here with my husband, I feel like a normal high school girl."

"I'm glad. You deserve a night of normalcy."

She lay her head on his chest. "I love you so much."

He stroked her hair. "I love you too."

"Do you want to go home now?"

"You don't want to stay for the last dance?" He asked.

She shook her head. "It's time for the next Prom tradition."

"What's that?"

She gave him a wicked look. "You have to have sex on Prom night."

"You do?"

She nodded. "It's every American high school student's right. I mean, who am I to break tradition."

Angel leaned down and kissed her. "Well, I do want you to have the FULL Prom experience."

Instead of taking them home, Angel had made reservations at the Sunnydale Inn.

They were shown to the best room. Of course in Sunnydale that meant a king size bed, refrigerator and a huge jacuzzi tub in the bathroom.

Buffy smiled up at her husband. "I believe you're trying to seduce me, Mr. Cleary."

He looked innocent. "Me? You're the one who wanted to leave your dance early." He put his arms around her.

She looked up into his chocolate eyes. "You know, tonight's the night a lot of people lose their virginity."

He laughed. "I think we're a tad bit past that point. Considering you've given birth."

She stroked his face. "That may be true, but tonight, I'm just a high school girl on Prom night with her incredibly gorgeous boyfriend in a hotel room. ... Just play along with my little fantasy, okay?"

"Anything for you, my love." He kissed her.

Buffy deepened the kiss. Their tongues danced as she lost herself in her fantasy.

Angel's hands tightened around her waist. He tore his lips from hers and began kissing her across jaw line and down her neck.

She pushed his jacket off of him and quickly unbuttoned his shirt and discarded that as well. "You are so gorgeous."

He unzipped the back of her dress and let it fall to the floor. She wore a pink strapless bra, matching thong and three inch heels.

"Damn! Is this your fantasy or mine?"

"Either/or." They touched each other. "I need you Angel."

She pushed him down on the bed, unfastened his pants and pulled them and his boxers to his ankles. She smiled down at him and removed his shoes and socks. She slipped his pants and boxers over his bare feet, then she was on top of him.

He swallowed the lump in his throat "Baby do you have any idea how sexy you look right now?"

Buffy put her hands on his chest and began rubbing her wet cloth covered heat against his painfully hard erection. "You like it? Ooh ... getting a little jumpy there?" His penis was reacting to her movements.

"It wants to be inside of you."

Buffy unfastened her bra and then got up on her knees and hooked her thumbs into the sides of the pink garment. She started to slowly move them down her hips. She sat on his legs and finished removing them. Once again, she was kneeling over him. She was about to take her shoes off, but he stopped her.

"Don't. Leave them on."

She smiled wickedly and began to rub herself against him again. "You ready for me?"

He grabbed his erection and helped her guide him home.

"Oh!" They both said breathlessly.

"I wanna try something." Buffy looked down at him lustfully.

"Anything."

She moved her legs in front of her. Her shoed feet still on either side of him.

"Pull your knees up a little and sit up."

He did as she said and she gasped.

"Are you okay?"

She nodded.

She put her hands behind her and rested them on his knees. Then she started to rotate her hips.

Her breathing immediately became rapid. "Oh dear GOD! This feels incredible!"

Angel threw his head back as he placed his hands behind him.

"Move your body opposite of mine." She ordered.

As they ground their bodies into each other, Buffy felt her first orgasm hit.

"Oh ... oh ... Angel! YES!"

He lifted his head and looked at his wife as she exploded.

When her tremors stopped, Angel repositioned them. She lay on her back with her shoe clad feet high on his back.

"Hard, my Angel. Fuck me HARD!"

Angel wasted no time and began slamming into her. In no time they were both screaming each others names as they came.

As they lay in bed reveling in the afterglow, Buffy laughed.

"What?" Angel asked his love.

"I'm just so incredibly happy right now. Do you realize this is the first time we've been alone in a hotel. We haven't even had a honeymoon."

He held her tighter. "Well, what do you say if, after everything's over with the mayor and Faith, you and I go on a honeymoon? Anywhere you want to go."

She smiled. "What about Meghan?"

"We'll bring her with us."

"And what do we do when we want to be alone?"

"We'll hire a nanny."

Buffy appeared to be thinking about it. "Sounds good to me." She yawned.

"I guess we should get some sleep now." He kissed her on top of her head.

"That sounds good to me too." She snuggled into him. "Angel?"

"Hmm."

"Thanks for giving me my perfect high school moment."

"I love you, Buffy."

"I love you too, my Angel. Always."

 

The End

<< back