"My Way - Chapter Thirty-Four"

Author: Sydnie
Email: sydniep@hotmail.com

Buffy and Angel were silent for a few minutes.

"I demand that ya tell me what exactly yer talkin' about!" Ryan snapped.

Buffy nudged Angel.

"Let's go sit down and I'll explain what I'm going to do." Angel told them.

They all sat in the living room and Angel began speaking.

"Rosie, you are an incredibly selfless woman. You took care of Buffy as a child, you raised Ryan when she was orphaned, and in the short time that Meghan's known you, she's fallen in love with you."

"Are ya offerin' her a job?" Ryan's demeanor was very protective towards her grandmother.

"No, Ryan, I'm not offering your grandmother a job, I"m offering her a life."

Rosie looked at Angel strangely. "What d' ya mean?"

Buffy took over. "Angel ... and I want to set up a trust for you. That way you won't need or want for anything."

Rosie shook her head. "No."

"What?" Buffy, Angel and Ryan said in unison.

She leaned forward. "It's a lovely offer. Really it is, but I'm a simple woman. I don't have many needs."

Angel stood up and stepped over to where Rosie was sitting and knelt in front of her. "You don't have to change your lifestyle. If you want to continue working, you can. The money will be there to do with what you want."

Before Rosie could protest more, Ryan stopped her.

"I think ya should take the money, Gran."

Rosie shook her head, but Ryan continued. "It's like Angel said, y've taken care of everybody else. It's time someone took care of you. I just wish I could be the one."

Angel smiled at Ryan. "Well, I'm glad you feel that way because I know that you were putting off going to college because of the money. I'm going to pay your tuition, books, etc..."

"Oh no. That's too much. I've done nothin' to deserve it."

"You're family. That's enough. Now, when we get back to LA, we'll call our attorney and have all of the papers drawn up. Case closed." Buffy said firmly.

"Buffy, yer wee one is beautiful." Ryan told her.

Buffy beamed. "Thank you. She amazes me more and more everyday."

"Gran told me how disappointed she was missin' Meghan's birth and yer weddin'. She loves ya a lot."

"Yeah, well, I love her a lot too. ... I remember hating you so much when Rosie left me to go back to Ireland. It wasn't until I had Meggie that I truly understand why she had to do it."

Ryan watched as Buffy changed her daughter's diaper. "I resented you as much as well. Gran would ring us every week and tell us what the two of ya had done and I remember wishin' it had been me that she was doin' those things with."

The two girls looked at each other and began laughing.

That night, Ryan stayed with her grandmother in her room.

"Buffy and Angel are truly kindred, Gran. I can't believe their unconditional generosity." Ryan said as Rosie stroked her hair.

"That they are, darlin'." Rosie took a deep breath. "Ryan, what would ya think about comin' t' America and livin' with me?"

Ryan's eyes grew. "Um ... live in America?"

"Yes."

She swallowed hard. "I don't know, Gran. Everythin' I've ever known's in Ireland."

"Just think about it, will ya?"

"Sure Gran. I'll think about it."

The next day, Rosie had gone back to Hawaii with her Granddaughter for a couple of days. Buffy and Angel decided to spend time on the yacht with Meghan.

Buffy was lying on a deck chair, almost asleep, when she felt the sun being blocked. She opened her eyes to see Angel standing over her.

"Is Meghan asleep?"

He sat in the chair next to her. "She's completely out."

Buffy put her finger on her chin. "Hmm, I wonder what we could do to pass the time?"

"If you follow me, I can think of a few things."

She smiled. "Sounds promising."

He entered her with one word on his lips. "MINE!"

Buffy shivered at the possessiveness in his voice. "Only yours!"

Angel did something she hadn't heard him do in a long time. He growled. It was deep and primal. It sent waves of desire flooding throughout her body.

"Oh God, Angel!"

Her legs shifted higher up his body. Their bodies slamming together with such force that no normal human being would survive uninjured.

Angel didn't understand what was happening. He could feel the demon that existed deep within him begging for release. He struggled to keep control.

Buffy looked into her husband's eyes. The beautiful chocolate color was gone and replaced with a shimmering gold. She knew he was losing control, but it didn't scare her.

His teeth became fanged, but his facial features remained soft and beautiful.

"Buffy?"

She ran her hands over his face and to the back of his head. She bared the right side of her neck to him and pulled his mouth to it.

When he pierced her skin, she gasped. But as he sucked, her orgasm began. Her body writhed. "Angel! ... Oh YES! ... OH!"

Angel spewed his hot liquid inside his beloved as he licked the wound on her neck.

Buffy was dizzy. In the year and a half that she and Angel had been having sex, it had NEVER been so ... she couldn't even think of a word. All she knew was that she had never felt that much intense desire.

All of a sudden, without a word, Angel pulled out of her, got off of the bed, put his pants on and left the room.

Angel had to get out of there. How could he face Buffy after doing ... THAT to her. He stood on the deck of the small yacht and leaned on the railing. As he stared at the crystal blue water, tears ran down his face.

Buffy sat on the bed, naked with her knees pulled up to her chest and her arms wrapped around them. He had 'walked out' on her fifteen minutes earlier and had yet to return.

She brought her fingers to the healing wound on her neck. "Oh shit!"

Buffy grabbed her robe and went to find her husband.

She found him staring at the water with tears in his eyes.

"Angel?"

Buffy put her hand on his arm, but he shrugged away and didn't answer her.

"Sweetheart, please ... please don't do this. Don't pull away from me." She begged.

Angel continued to stare at the water. "I can't be around you right now, Buffy."

Anger washed over her and she shoved him, hard. "Tough shit! You can't run away from me Angel! I'm your wife! Everything that happens, happens to the both of us!"

He looked into her eyes. He knew that no matter how much he wanted to crawl into a hole, she wouldn't let him.

"I bit you." He almost whispered.

Buffy took a step closer to him. "I let you bite me. Angel, I wanted you to bite me."

He shook his head. "I couldn't get control. I couldn't stop it from happening."

Buffy stepped directly in front of him. She put her hands on his face and made him look at her. "But you WERE in control. Baby, I don't know what exactly happened. I don't know why your eyes turned gold and your teeth got all pointy, but your face didn't change. Your heart is still beating and you're still breathing. ... Angel, when I saw your eyes and teeth change, it didn't scare me. It excited me. I wanted you to claim me like I read about in one of Giles' books. I wanted you to mark me as yours."

Angel looked at her with confusion. "I could have killed you."

She shook her head and kissed him. "At no time was I ever afraid of that because I trust you and I know that you could NEVER hurt me."

He continued to wordlessly stare at her.

"I love you, Angel. When we get home, we'll talk to Giles and figure out what happened. But until that time, we will enjoy our vacation. NO MORE BROODING! Do you understand me?"

He nodded.

The next two weeks passed without the mentioning of what had happened on the yacht. Buffy knew that Angel was still tormented by what had happened, but he didn't let it interfere with the rest of their vacation.

She was finishing packing her stuff when Angel walked into the bedroom. Meghan crawled in behind him.

"Did you get all of her stuff packed?" She asked as she felt Angel's arms encircle her.

He kissed the top of her head. "Yeah, Rosie is just going through to make sure we haven't forgotten anything."

Buffy sighed.

"What's wrong?"

"I'm just gonna miss this place. No forces of evil trying to destroy the world, nobody just dropping in ... let's just stay here forever."

Angel laughed. "Sorry Sweetheart, you start college next month."

She pouted out her bottom lip. "You're no fun." She bent over and picked her baby up off of the floor. "Besides, I don't know if I want to go to college anymore."

Angel stepped back from her. "When did you decide this?"

Buffy shrugged. "I haven't actually decided anything yet. It's just that ... I don't know."

He looked at her pointedly. "You're going to college, Buffy!"

"Excuse me?"

He smiled at her. "Before we got married, I promised your parents, Giles and your grandparents that you'd go to college. And I, for one, do not want to get my ass kicked because you're not going."

Buffy laughed. "Compromise. I'll go for one semester. If I don't like it, I don't go back."

"Deal." Angel said reluctantly.

Rosie appeared at the door. "So, are we ready t' get this lot loaded and leave paradise?"

Buffy sighed. "If we must."

The End

<< back