"An Irresistible Desire"

Author: A. Price
Email: andramichelle@yahoo.com


Love is an irresistable desire to be irresistably desired.
-
Robert Frost

Buffy woke up in Angels arms. "Mmm" she sighed to herself. "This is the only way to wake up!" She had been spending most nights here, instead of at the apartment she shared with Willow.

Two years had passed since Angels return after his soul was restored. Buffy was a sophomore at college now. She got up to take a shower quietly, so she wouldn't wake Angel. As she got ready to leave she threw her things in her backpack and gently kissed Angel on the forehead. He woke up and asked "Were you going to leave without saying goodbye?"

"I didn't want to wake you" she explained "I love you!"

"I love you too, I'm also tired of seeing you carry half of your belongings in that backpack. Why don't you bring some things over here to stay, some clothes, maybe a toothbrush." He said cautiously, waiting for her reaction.

"You mean you want my things laying around your place?" she teased him.

"I want you hanging around my place. I want to make an honest woman of you, marry you" said Angel nervously.

"Angel we have had this discussion before. I don't want to push you into anything" she said annoyed.

"Buffy you aren't pushing me into anything that I don't want." replied Angel "Please think about it!"

"I'll think about it" she said as she left out the door. She kissed him on the cheek.

"Think about it, thats all I do Will. I have never seen a guy so intent on getting married." complained Buffy to her best friend. Although the complaint did not seem very sincere.

Her friend smiled at ther and looked at the ring on her own finger. Willow and Oz's wedding was set for next week. "Buffy why don't you want to marry Angel? The real reason, not the stupid ones you've been coming up with."

Buffy looked at ther and stammered "Well, I'm going to die someday, he's not. Is it fair to marry him and then leave him like that?"

"Buffy, psycholgy is not my major, but I'm going to give you my analysis of the situation anyway. This has more to do with your fear of Angel leaving you, then your leaving Angel, doesn't it?" asked Willow in a gentle voice.

Buffy was near tears, Willow was right as usual. "Willow he will always be young and handsome. You even told me that once. I will get old and wrinkled, and one day he will look at me and he will leave. It's easier to deal with if we aren't married."

Willow thought for a moment then spoke. "Buffy it will never happen, Angel loves you more then anything. He's been to hell and back for you. A few wrinkles won't bother him. Go talk to him!" changing her tone she added "Besides do you want Cordelia to beat you to the altar. I think poor Xander is about to cave."

Buffy laughed at the thought of Cordelia and Xander planning a wedding. They never agreed about anything. "Okay, Willow I'll talk to him" she said feeling better.

Buffy went to her place and picked up a few things before she headed to Angels place. She let herself in with her key, Angel was still sleeping. She quietly hung her clothes in the closet. They looked good there, like they belonged.

She went to the bathroom next, she unwrapped the toothbrush and put it in the holder next to Angels. She opened the medicine cabinet and added some makeup items. She left the bathroom to find Angel awake. He looked good even when he first woke up. "Hello" he said happy to see her.

"Hello yourself" she replied and kissed him.

Angel went to the closet to get some clothes. He was surprised and happy to see Buffys things beside his. "Did you do some thinking today?" he asked her hopefully.

"Yes, I talked to wise Willow today. Do you know how hard it is going to be to live with me?" she asked him smiling.

"Yeah, I know and I still want to marry you!" Angel grabbed Buffy and pulled her into a passionate embrace. She returned it eagerly.

"So you want to make an honest woman of me?" asked Buffy.

"Well, of course, it does nothing for my reputation to be seen with a harlot!" They both started to laugh.


"I've got to call Willow with the good news. Wait you haven't actually proposed. I want my proposal" she said playfully.

Angel got down on one knee, took Buffys hand, looked deeply into her eyes and asked solemnly "Buffy Anne Summers, will you do me the honor of becoming my wife?"

Buffy was expecting the proposal, but it still swept her away to hear the actual words. She answered in a teary voice "Yes". Angel took her in his arms.

Willow answered her phone with a cheery "Hello". "Hey, Willow its me" said Buffy in a very happy voice.

"Did you talk to him?" Willow asked trying not to be too nosy.

"Yes, we talked and we have decided, we have decided to get married!" the words rushed out of Buffys mouth.

"Wow!" said Willow.

"Yeah, wow!" replied Buffy.

"Congratulations! You both deserve it, life is good!" said Willow happily.

"Life is good! Thanks for everything Willow. Talk to you soon" Buffy said and hung up the phone.

Willow and Oz had a beautiful wedding. They looked so happy, Willow was gorgeous in her snow white pearl encrusted gown with a high neckline. Her hair was piled high on her head. Oz looked great in his tux. Buffy and Cordelia were in hunter green, yellow roses were all over the temple.

After the reception Willow threw her bouquet into the crowd, it landed perfectly in Buffys hands. Cordelia looked a little dissappointed. Angel watched as Buffy tilted her head down to smell the roses. "Soon we get to do this" he thought happily to himself.

Several months later another wedding is taking place.Buffy and Angel are getting married at last. With all of Angels past, he never lost his faith, we aren't supposed to understand everything. Buffy shared his faith only God could have saved her from some dangerous moments. They chose a small nondenominational chapel for their wedding.

Joyce Summers still wasn't sure about Angel for a son-in-law. But Giles had found a spell that made her forget alot of the past. He made Buffy happy and thats what counted.

The chapel was covered with small pink sweetheart rosesand babys breath. Royal blue ribbons were on the pews and candles were everywhere.

The bride seemed slightly nervous as Willow helped her into her cream colored dress, it was satin with a scoop neck, the bodice was covered with embroidered flowers with pearl centers.

Buffy looked into the mirror, soon her Mother and Willows reflections joined hers. They were all smiling. Buffys hair was up, with wispy ringlets framing her face under the simple veil.

There was a knock at the door of the dressing room. "Who is it?" asked Buffy. "Its me" answered Hank Summers "I've come to see this bride I am supposed to give away." he teased her. "You look great" she said with a smile. "Me, you look so grown up and pretty. I don't know if I can give you away" he smiled at his daughter.

In the grooms dressing room the groom was very calm. "Almost too calm" thought his Best Man Giles. Giles turned to Angel "Are you ready? Its almost time."

"I have never been more ready for anything in my life" Angel said sincerely.

Xander the groomsmen started to speak "Angel I have to say something."

"You don't have to" said Angel.

"No, let him speak, he needs to get this off his chest" interrupted Giles.

Xander started speaking "I haven't always approved of you and Buffy being together." Giles and Angel gave him a look. He continued "Okay, I never approved of it, but you make her happy and as long as you do that, its okay with me."

Xander and Angel stepped towards one another as if to hug. The looked at each other and decided to shake hands instead. Xander put it best "We've had our moment, no need to take it that far." Giles looked relieved.

The prelude music started playing. Oz ushered Buffys Mom and Grandparents in.

Willow came in on Giles arm followed by Cordelia with Xander in tow. They looked lovely in their royal blue dresses. The wedding march began to play and all eyes were turned towards the back of the church.

Buffy entered the church on her Dads arm. She was so happyshe glowed. The bouquet of pink roses that she carried looked lovely with her dress. She smiled as she walked down the aisle to the altar where Angel was waiting, waiting for her.

Angel watched Buffy walking down the aisle, she was beautiful and she was his. His heart would have burst with happiness, if that had been possible.

"Who giveth away this woman in marriage?" asked the Minister.

"Her Mother and I do" answered Buffys father. He kissed her on the cheek and placed her hand in Angels.

The familiar words of love, honor and cherishing were spoken. Buffy and Angel repeated their vows to each other as if no one else in the world existed. Just the two of them meant only for each other. They presented each other with rings.

The Minister announced "I now pronounce you Man and Wife. You may kiss the bride."

Angel obliged the Minister by drawing Buffy into the sweetest, gentlest kiss she had ever recieved.

Angel and Buffy went to the reception room and greeted their friends and family. Willow hugged Buffy and whispered "Good Luck!"

Buffy and Angel changed into their traveling clothes and got ready to leave. Buffy threw her bouquet into Cordelias waiting hands. Cordelia looked at Xander, he hugged her and whispered in her ear "We're next Cordy."

Buffy and Angel left for a small bed and breakfast in the next town. It was called Ivy's Bed and Breakfast. It was a beautiful white Victorian. They arrived at about 10 pm. The Ivy's met them at the door. "You must be the newlyweds"

Mr. Ivy led them up to their room, handed them a "Do not Disturb" sign and said goodnight. Angel hung the sign on the door immediately. The room was beautiful, it had heavy brocade curtains and a bedspread to match.

Angel and Buffy fell on the bed smiling at each other, reveling in each other, every inch of each other.

The next morning came and went without a sign of the newlyweds. They finally showed up at suppertime, Mr. Ivy told Angel with a smile "We were about to get worried about you. You got to come up for air sometime!" His wife glared at him "Elmer Ivy leave them alone. Remember our honeymoon?" He looked at her and smiled.

Buffy and Angel looked at each other and laughed. Angel took her by the hand and they headed back up the stairs. Angel smiled at Mr. Ivy and said "We'll see you tomorrow evening, Mr. Ivy." Mr. Ivy just winked at him knowingly.

 

The End

 

<< back