"Contentment"

Author: A. Price
Email: andramichelle@yahoo.com


"Soul meets soul in lover's lips"
-
Shelly

Angel smiled as the waitress brought him his coffee. She had tried to flirt with him a little bit. But, as nicely as possible, he informed her that he was waiting for his wife. "His wife", the words sounded so sweet.

The waitress noticed the petite blond come in and join the dark haired man at the back booth. His smile broadened as she approached. The blond sat down across from him. There was something very intimate about the way he took her hands in his and gently kissed them. The look in their eyes, well, the waitress thought they must be very much in love. She was right!

She went to take the order. He wanted more coffee, she ordered a cheeseburger, fries and a coke. The man had laughed and asked "Hungry, Sweetheart?"

The waitress left to put in the order. "Yes, I am very hungry, my husband didn't cook for me before I left tonight." Buffy teased him.

"As I recall, you were more interested in doing something other then eating, before you left." He lowered his voice and smiled at her.

She blushed slightly and demurely said "Oh...yeah." She smiled at the memory from a few hours earlier.

"Rough night?" he asked as he let go of her hand.

"No, it wasn't too bad," she said quickly. Too quickly, for Angel's liking.

"Okay, what really happened?" He asked her concern in his voice.

"Nothing." She chirped. He rolled his eyes at her. "Okay, this really ugly vamp through me hard against a stone in the cemetary," she explained as she rolled up her sleeve to show him a nasty bruise.

He frowned as he gently examined the now healing bruise. "No more patroling alone, Buffy. I knew I should have gone with you."

"We've discussed this, you can't always be with me," she said a slight bit of exasperation in her voice. She continued "Anyway, you were supposed to finish those drawings for Mom's gallery. Did you?"

"Your're changing the subject, and yes, I did finish them," replied Angel.

"When do I get to see them?" she asked him as the waitress brought her food.

"I'll show them to you tonight" he smiled as he watched her devour the burger.

Buffy finished her meal, she and Angel left the coffee shop, hand in hand. The waitress watched them walk away, thinking what an attractive couple they made.

They walked back to the house, they had bought it after they got married. It was a small white house with ivy all over the front porch and a picket fence covered in trailing roses. They had both fallen in love with it.

Angel unlocked the door, it had grown a little chilly, so he went to start a fire. Buffy settled on the couch pulling her feet under her, she watched Angel's strong hands arrange the wood and start the fire.

"When do I see these pictures?" she asked him with a smile.

"I'll get them now," he said as he went to the spare room.

He brought her the folder with the pictures and handed it to her as he sat down beside her. Pulling her close to him, she opened the folder. She was surprised to see her own face looking up at her. Angel had made her the subject of this series.

She smiled as she looked at the drawings, he had caught her doing simple things. There she was sitting curled up on the couch reading a book. Then there was one of her asleep in the chair, and even washing the dishes. She let out a small sigh as she looked at the last drawing, it was of her arranging some roses in a vase. He had captured each of her expressions perfectly. The look in her eyes was one of peace and happiness. "So, do you like them?" He asked her.

"They are beautiful, I had no idea you were doing this." She said softly.

"I had a beautiful subject to work with," he told her as he bent to kiss her.

She put the drawings back in their folder. She leaned up to return his kiss. Soon the kiss became more passionate as their tongues entwined.

"Buffy," Angel murmured "Are you ready for bed?"

"Um...hmm" she mumbled back, not breaking the kiss. In one swift movement, she was in his arms, her arms around his neck, lips on his as he carried her to the bedroom.

He lay her gently on the bed, pulling back the coverlet with one hand. She pulled his collar with both hands pulling him down to meet her lips, kissing him over and over again. She stopped long enough to unbutton his shirt and run her hands over his chest.

He smiled at her and returned the favor, soon there were two piles of clothes in the floor. He stared at her lying beside him, thinking she was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen. The miracle was that she loved him...him! He couldn't believe his luck.

Buffy felt the same way as she stared into his dark brown eyes. She leaned to kiss him again, soon they were completely lost in each other. They found the rhythm that was uniquely theirs. They rhythm of lovers that know each other so well, that no words are needed. A simple sigh at the right time and one knew what the other wanted and needed. Their bodies, minds, and souls in perfect sync.

"I love you" he whispered in her ear as she rolled over with a contented smile on her face. Sleepily, she said "I love you, too," as she lay her head on his chest.

Soon she was asleep, he listened to her even breathing and stroked her hair gently. He smiled as she admired the curves of her body under the thin sheets. He watched her sleeping for a few minutes, then smiled down at her. He closed his eyes and he realized as he drifted off that he had found the true meaning of contentment.

 

The End

 

<< back