"A Literary Event"

Author: A. Price
Email: andramichelle@yahoo.com


Buffy and Angel were sitting on the couch in his apartment. She was watching MTV, he was reading a book. Angel looked down at her her blond head on his shoulder. He softly whispered in her ear, "Only God, my dear, could love you for yourself alone, and not your golden hair."

Buffy turned her head to look up at him. "What?" she asked him. "Its a quote be William Butler Yeats" answered Angel. "Looking at your beautiful blond head made me think of it."

"Who is this Yeats guy?" she asked him curiously.

"He's way before your time, sweetheart." Angel smiled at her as he spoke.

Buffy thought a moment and then asked "So do you have anymore quotes come to mind when you see me?" She thought this could be romantic.

"As a matter of fact, a lot of things come to mind when I think of you, but it seems a little old fashioned to be spouting poetry to to the one you love nowadays."

"I don't think so" said Buffy "I think it's sweet!"

"Okay, this is how I feel sometimes when I haven't seen you for a few days. "Love-bittersweet, irrepressible-loosens my limbs and I tremble." (Sappho, To Atthis) Angel said in a soft voice.

"Whoa" said Buffy "Is that how you really feel?" she asked.

"Sometimes" said Angel and he smiled at her.

"Where did you learn this?" asked Buffy "When you were younger, were these pickup lines?" She smiled back at him.

Angel laughed, "I read alot, I've always read alot. By the way, are they working?"

"Is what working?" asked Buffy innocently.

"The pickup lines" said Angel as he pulled her on to his lap.

"I don't know, I think maybe one more might do the trick." she smiled and kissed him gently.

He returned the kiss, and pulled her into a passionate embrace. "Uhuh, my quote first!" she playfully pushed him away. "Buffy, come on, I'm an old man, my memory..." joked Angel. Buffy looked at him smiling.

"Okay, heres one from Ralph Waldo Emerson, it suits us perfectly, "Thou art to me a delicious torment." he said it in a low voice as he kissed her neck. Several kisses later, they came up for air.

They sat side by side on the couch smiling at each other, a smile meant only for each other. Angel looked at her smiling he said "I have one more for you Buffy."

"Okay, lets hear it." she smiled back at him.

"Its Robert Browning "Grow old along with me! The best is yet to be..." Angel whispered lovingly.

Buffy turned to him "I think thats my favorite of the night" she sighed. "I don't know alot of quotes here's one though, its from Buffy Summers. "I Love You!" she smiled as he leaned over to kiss her again. "She's one of my favorites." Angel said sweetly.

 

The End

 

<< back