"Love@Lostandfound.com"

Author: A. Price
Email: andramichelle@yahoo.com


Ten years in the future

Buffy sat down and turned on the computer, anxiously scanning the inbox for the now familiar e-mail addy. "He wrote, he wrote, he wrote," She sang happily to herself as she began to read the e-mail. She realized how silly it was to get excited over mail from someone she had never met, but sometimes Buffy was lonely and the friendly banter with Liam was a stress reliever and a comfort. She giggled out loud as she read about his daily run-ins with his inept secretary that he was too kind to fire.


Buffy had ended up with an Art degree from Sunnydale U. and went to work at a Gallery in Dallas, TX. She had been the first retired Slayer when she turned 25.

She had been surfing the net one night when she came upon a chatroom where art was discussed she had met Liam there, they had both been fond of some of the same artists. And soon began e-mailing each other with scans of prints, and art articles. Naturally the conversation turned to other things and personal details became known to each of them. His name was Liam, and she had given the name Anne, because she hadn't thought it a good idea to use her real name. It was a nice easygoing relationship, they enjoyed each other's cyber company on a daily basis.

It's funny what people will share with strangers, she didn't know what city he lived in, but she knew he had been in a very loving relationship that just couldn't be and she could certainly commiserate with him on that. Angel still owned a huge part of her heart, but she had made peace with the fact that she would probably be alone for the rest of her life, maybe that was how it should be. She also knew that he was a private investigator and that his secretary made lousy coffee, and that he knew alot about artists and he talked about it passionately as if he had been there in that time and place when the artists were alive.

She also knew that now she had begun to be anxious when she turned on the computer, excited when she saw his e-mail address, She hadn't felt that way in a long time, and she chided herself about it, how silly to actually get butterflies over mail from someone she had never seen. Yet she answered the e-mail, filled him in on her day and then left the computer with a smile on her face.


Angel turned on the computer smiling broadly. Who would have believed he would have mastered the art of e-mail? And he was so glad he had let Cordelia show him how to surf the net, because that's where he met Anne. His inbox boasted 1 new message and it was from her, he smiled as he read about her day. She led a group of 6th graders through the museum that day, a bored group of 6th graders. Then she had gone into detail about some new acqusitions the museum had made. He didn't know where she lived, but he knew that she made his day everytime she wrote.

He felt excited whenever he saw her addy, silly he knew but it took an edge off his loneliness. There was really only one woman for him, but it felt good to have a friend again. Buffy had been out of his life for a long time now. Giles had written him when she retired as the Slayer but he had not heard from him since and that was three years ago. At first he had thought about trying to keep in touch with her, but he was afraid that his prescence in her life even if slight would bring more harm then good. He wished her the best wherever she was and hoped she had found happiness.

He answered the e-mail telling her about his day and how his secretary had spilled coffee all over a prospective client at the office today. He had made comments on the museums acqusitions and signed the e-mail, Liam. He had not used his given name in centuries, but for some reason he had thought it best not to use Angel as a name on the net. It seemed safer.

He smiled as he went to shower and then to bed.


The e-mail went on for months, Buffy/Anne and Angel/Liam formed a very close friendship without ever even seeing a picture. Buffy was beginning to feel more then friendship, but it scared her beyond words. So she decided to skip the mail for a few days, she was spending far too much time with her e-mail buddy. She was scared to tell him how she felt, what if he didn't feel the same way? She longed to sit down and answer each of his e-mails, but she steadfast and read them without answering. She couldn't afford to have her heart broken by someone she had never even met.


Angel was depressed and he knew exactly why. Anne had not responded to his e-mail in three days. He tried to figure out what he could have done to upset her, or maybe she had been hurt, maybe she couldn't write? He sat down to write one more e-mail

In the subject line he typed : Anne - Please Read This!

Anne,
I haven't heard from you in three long days. I hope and pray you are able to read this
e-mail. I can't help but feel that I've have somehow offended you, and that upsets me more
then I like. It's been so very long since I felt this kinship with someone else, we have a
friendship that I don't want to lose.

Maybe I'm scaring you off by telling you this, but I promise I'm not a stalker (G).
To be honest I'm confused by how I feel, I don't want to be hurt and I don't want
to hurt anyone else.

Please write me back, even if it's just to say goodbye.

Liam


Buffy's eyes teared as she read Liam's message, she put her fingers to the keyboard and began to type.

Liam,
I'm sorry for worrying you. I haven't written because I too am confused about our
friendship. Is it more then friendship, could it be more then friendship? I needed time to
think, I also don't want to hurt again. So, anyway I know you are in California, I will be in
LA two days from now on Thursday. I'm meeting an old friend there at the Faded Rose
Restaurant at 6:30 p.m. I'm blond and I'll be wearing a too big black leather jacket, and
there will be a pretty redhead sitting with me.

If you are as intrigued as I am to find out more about our "friendship" be there, if you aren't
there I'll understand, no hard feelings.

Anne

Buffy shut down the computer and picked up the phone to call Willow's hotel, she was in LA already on a case. Willow was a top knotch lawyer now defending those who couldn't afford top notch lawyers but needed them. She made a good living from clients that could afford to pay and used the surplus to help the less fortunate. Her client had been hit by a reckless truck driver, and the trucking company was being represented by Wolfram and Hart.

Buffy filled Willow in on what was going on and asked her forgiveness for inviting a stranger to their dinner. But Willow told her not too worry, she was intrigued by the fact that Buffy was attracted to someone besides Angel.


Willow got off the phone shaking her head at the irony. Buffy attracted to someone else. And she had been going to tell her Thursday that she had finally found a spell to reverse Angel's happiness curse. What to do? She sighed heavily and picked up the phone to call Angel, she'd know he was in LA and over the years had gone up against Wolfram and Hart, she hoped he would do an old friend a favor. And she needed to at least tell him about the spell.


Angel opened the door and invited Willow in, he gave her a friendly hug.

The first thing Willow noticed was a computerin the corner of the room. She dashed over to it and exclaimed "Angel, you have a computer, you've joined the 21st century" She glanced at the screen and noticed the address in his Inbox, she saw a familiar addy, "And you've got e-mail too, who is artgirl?"

Angel stammered a bit before answering, "Just a friend, Willow."

"What kind of friend? Because I have some news for you that could affect the way you answer that question,"

Angel looked bewildered, "What news?"

"Sit down, Angel."

Willow told him all about the spell she had found, watching his expression carefully.

"I wouldn't lose my soul again, no matter what?"

"No matter what? So where does that leave you and artgirl? You've got a shot with her now." Willow asked with a smile.

"Willow, you know there is only one woman for me, but I don't know if Buffy would have me now, she might be involved with someone else." He sighed looking anxiously at Willow.

She let him stew a moment before saying, "She's not involved with anyone, Angel. Think about this for a couple of days then I'll give you her number."

"Willow, I have a problem, art..Anne , I'm supposed to meet her Thursday night. I don't want to hurt her. What do I do?"

"When you agreed to meet her did you think you wanted a relationship with her?"

"I wanted to meet her because my feelings were confused, but if I have a chance with Buffy, there is no confusion. But she is my friend." Angel sighed.

"Meet her, explain that you want to be her friends, she must be special for you to like her so much."

He nodded his head yes.

Angel saw Willow to the door and promised to check on her Wolfram and Hart problem.


Thursday Night

Buffy sat at the table nervously, she was warm in the leather jacket, but left it on. Willow was in the restroom.

Angel walked into the restaurant scanning for a blond with a leather jacket, he spotted one with her back to him at a corner table, but there was no red head with her. But that jacket and the back of that head looked really familiar , he wasn't sure what to do, he turned to leave when he saw a redhead join the blond, a redhead he knew well - Willow. He didn't know what the hell was going on but he was going to find out. He marched to the table and tapped the blond on the shoulder, Buffy turned to face an angry Angel. Her mouth dropped open and her eyes got even bigger.

Angel had been prepared to ask her what she was doing, but once he saw her reaction he knew that she was as surprised as he was, his anger quickly dissipated from Buffy and latched on Willow.

"Willow?" He said coldly.

"I can explain, Angel."

"Yes, Willow, by all means explain." Buffy smiled at her best friend icily.

"Hey, I didn't know until I went to Angels and saw your e-mail addy on his computer, then I put two and two together. And I'm leaving Liam and Anne alone to figure this out. And Liam has some big news to share. Bye." With that said Willow picked up her person and left the restaurant and left a bewildered Angel and Buffy staring after her.

"Buffy... it's good to see you. I really don't know what to say, you're really Anne?"

She shook her head, "And you are Liam?"

"Yes, it's really kind of funny in a way?" He said lightly.

"I'm not seeing the humor, obviously you were going to find true happiness with someone else, isn't that dangerous for you?" She said bitterly.

"Guess I deserved that, but you were also going to take a chance on a complete stranger, Buffy."

"You wanted me to move on, Angel, remember. And sure enough when I find a guy to take a chance on, it's you again. I guess it is funny in a way. BTW we got a new Monet' in, Liam would love it." She gave a sharp laugh.

"Buffy, I'm sorry. You know what - I'm not sorry. Anne was the first friend I've made in a long time and I'm not surprised because all along she reminded me of you. I've been wrong about a lot of things in my long existence, but leaving you was the biggest. And I've got some news for you, and I don't want to push you into anything when you hear it." He said softly.

Buffy shook her head in disbelief, "Wait a minute did you just say you were wrong?"

He nodded and smiled.

"I'm already in shock now, so you might as well tell me your news, it can't shock me anymore then you admitting you were wrong about us." She smiled at him only half teasing.

"Willow found a spell to bind my soul forever, no more curse." He blurted it out.

Buffy was quiet, too quiet.

"Buffy?"

"I was wrong, you could shock me more." Before the words were out of her mouth she had launched herself at Angel.

He grinned as she caught the small blond in his arms, lips met lips as if they had never been parted. He pulled back for a moment "And if you'll ... " He was interuppted by another kiss, "have me" He muttered against her lips, she nodded her head as she pulled back from him, "I want to start over." He finally got the words out.

Tears sparkled brightly in Buffy's eyes. "Yes, yes I'll have you." And thats when they noticed the waiter who asked them rather rudely if they knew that there was a very nice hotel next door.

Grinning, Angel took Buffy by the hand and led her from the restaurant. Once outside, Buffy rest her head on his shoulder as they walked to his car.

"We have to talk, we have to figure things out." He told her seriously as he opened the passenger door for her.

"No more talking, Angel. I love you, you love me, we are going to make it work." She told him placing her hand on his.

He started the car, "Well if we aren't going to talk, what do you have planned for the rest of the evening?" He asked her with a sly wink.

"Drive to your place, and I'll show you. " She giggled softly.


Six months later

"MIne will fit right here on the opposite wall." Buffy told Angel as he carried in her computer.

"We don't need two computers, Buffy."

"I'm not getting rid of this, what if something happens and I need to find another Liam?" She teased him.

He grinned at his new wife, pulling her into his arms. "You are never going to need another Liam, I promise. I love you, Buffy."

"I love you, too."

And all was as it should be in the land of the incurably romantic...

 

The End

 

<< back