"Truths Revealed"

Author: A. Price
Email: andramichelle@yahoo.com


"Hurry up!" Buffy called into the bathroom. The water was still running and they needed to meet the Scooby Gang at the library. Tonight was the night - the night they confessed their relationship to everyone. Buffy was a little nervous but it was time, Willow had been keeping the secret for a couple of months now and the redhead was going to burst if Buffy didn't come clean soon.

The water cut off and Spike shortly joined her wrapped in a towel and using another to dry his hair. Buffy smiled at him as she handed him the clothes he had lay out before his shower. "Why are you in such a hurry, pet?" He asked as he pulled on his levis.

"Me, you are the one in such a hurry to tell everyone about us. Remember, this was your idea." She smiled at him wrapping her arms around his neck and pulling his face down to her for a hard kiss.

He returned the kiss and then disentangled himself from her embrace. "If you keep doing that, we'll end up staying here instead." He told her as he buttoned his shirt. < Not such a bad idea! Nah, this needs to be out in the open. >

"That was kind of the idea." She told him with a giggle.

"You still afraid of everyone's reaction?" He asked a serious tone in his voice.

She looked him in eye and sighed. "Well, let's just say, I've been through this before, slayer/vamp does not go over big with Slayer's watcher and friends."

"I'm not soulboy you know." He answered shortly.

"Trust me, I know that." She said just as shortly.

"What is that supposed to mean?" He asked angrily.

"It means that at every opportunity you remind me that you are not Angel." She snapped at him looking away from him.

Spike started to make a smart retort but after seeing the hurt expression on Buffy's face he was at a loss and only wanted to take the hurt away. Stepping closer to her he put his finger under her chin raising her face to his he softly said "I'm sorry."

Just as softly she replied "I know. But we are arguing before we ever even get there to tell them, how are we going to stand up against them?"

"We will. Don't worry about it, let's go." Spike took her hand in his and they left for the library.


"What could have been so important that Buffy couldn't have told us this earlier today?" Xander asked while he twirled a stake in his hand.

"Yeah, Xander is actually going to spend money on me tonight!" Cordelia chimed in.

Willow sat next to Oz a worried half smile on her face. Oz held her hand, what Willow knew - Oz knew. It just worked that way between them.

Giles looked through a book making the comment "I don't know Xander. Buffy is...well she's Buffy. I can't explain her."

Willow shifted uuneasily in her chair, Oz tightened his grip on her hand.

Everyone looked up as Buffy entered the library hand in hand with Spike. A deathly silence fell over the room. Willow gave Buffy a small smile and nodded her head.

Giles spoke first "Buffy, what is the... what is the meaning of this? That is Spike you are holding hands with - have you not learned anything?" Anger on his face he turned and stormed into his office.

"That went well, luv." Spike said as he and Buffy sat down at the table.

"I should go after him." Buffy started up, but Willow stopped her.

"Give him a minute, Buffy." Her friend said sympathetically.

"Yeah, Buff. Give him a minute and take that time to explain this to the rest of us. Why are you holding another vampires hand, do you have a problem with guys who can breathe?" Xander asked bitterly.

Spike growled at Xander "Do not speak to her like that again. Do you understand?"

Xander backed down frowning intently at Buffy.

"Spike, it's okay. I do owe them all the truth." Buffy said softly as she stood up and went to stand behind Spikes chair. Hands on his shoulders she began to speak softly, evenly "When I ran away after sending Angel to hell, I came back to the mansion thinking it would be empty. But Spike was there and he for some odd reason let me stay there for awhile and gather my wits back. I knew that he could kill me anytime, but for some reason I also knew he wouldn't. We tried to fight the attraction, or I tried to fight the attraction for just this reason. I knew it would hurt you all and I've hurt you all enough."

Giles quietly slipped back into the room taking a seat with the others. "Go on." He told her softly.

"Well, we stayed away from each other, but then it didn't seem to matter and we were together and he was helping me patrol and when I was hurt a few weeks ago, he couldn't come see me until you were all gone and it wasn't fair to him and it wasn't fair to all of you to keep this from you." Buffy blurted out the rest of the explanation.

"And how do we know this isn't an elaborate plan to get rid of you?" Giles asked staring at Spike.

"Because it's not. I can't explain it, but it's not." Buffy said her hands still on Spikes shoulders.

"It's not a ruse Giles, I watched Spike in the hospital when Buffy was hurt, he didn't know I was there. He made no move to harm her, he wanted to protect her." Willow spoke up softly.

All eyes turned to Willow.

"You knew, Will?" Xander gasped

Willow stood up and faced Xander "Yes I knew. And I didn't say anything because Buffy is happy. Xander look at her, she's been smiling, she's been the old Buffy. For better or for worse Spike is the reason. I've seen him with her, I trust him with her." Willow finished speaking and sat down.

Oz put a protective arm around her smiling as he kissed her cheek he whispered "You did good, Will."

Xander still wasn't convinced, and now it was Cordelia's turn to offer her expertise. "Well, I for one am not happy that she's with another vampire. But Xander, Willow is right, Buffy looks better. I mean for awhile when she came back she just had no fashion sense at all. It was sad to look at her, but lately she has been accesorizing and paying attention to her skin regime. So if Spike is the cause of her fashion rescue then so be it." Cordelia finished with a smile.

Everyone stared at Cordelia even in time of crisis she had her own special take on the situation. Xander avoiding Spike's eyes spoke to Willow. "Will, you are sure he doesn't have any ulterior motives? I trust you and if you say it's okay. Then I guess I have to accept it. But I don't have to like it." He said sharply.

"I trust him." Willow said surely. "He told me he loves her and I believe him."

"Umm...well...yes, we have all had enough truth revealed here tonight. I think it would be best if we met tomorrow and planned this weekends slaying tactics. Buffy may I speak to you alone?" Giles asked removing his glasses to clean them.

The others left Buffy and Spike at the table, Willow leaning to give Buffy a hug as she and Oz left. Xander stopped and patted Buffy's shoulder frowning at Spike as he and Cordelia left.

Buffy looked at Spike he nodded his head and Buffy followed Giles into his office. "Buffy, I don't really know what to say. You trust Spike and Willow trusts him. But I am still weary of him. However, I am going to trust you on this matter. But if he does anything to hurt you or any of the others, I will stake him myself. Be sure you tell him that." He gave her a stern look and ushered her out of the office. "Be careful, I expect you here bright and early tomorrow."

Spike was standing waiting for her as she left the office. He extended his hand to her and they left the library the same way they had entered it.

"That was lovely, Buffy. We'll have to do it again sometime soon." Spike said with a smile and a heavy dose of sarcasm.

Buffy returned the smile "I warned you it wouldn't be pretty. By the way if you hurt me Giles will stake you himself. So I suggest you keep me happy."

"Happy? So, back to my place then?" Spike asked her with a broad smile.

"Uh huh. Mom's out of town again. I can be as happy as I want to tonight. Got any ideas?" She asked slyly.

"Always, luv. Always." He replied scooping her up in his arms, he hurried back to the mansion.

"So, what do think will happen now?" Spike asked Buffy through the bathroom door.

"I think you can figure that out, don't you?" She answered as she entered the room in a cream colored lace nightie.

He grinned as he carried her to the bed "I meant with the others." He laughed softly as she covered his face with small kisses.

"I know what you meant, I think it will all be okay - now that the truth has been revealed." Buffy answered as she continued to kiss his face and neck.

She stopped the kisses long enough to start unbuttoning his shirt "I have another truth to reveal" She said seductively.

"And what would that be?" He asked her as he helped with the buttons.

"Truthfully, I think you look better without all of these pesky clothes" She giggled as he slid out of the shirt.

"Truthfully, I'd have to agree that you look better without them also" He grinned back as she raised her arms and he lifted the nightie over them.

He gently lay her down on the bed both of them giggling softly as they found the others waiting lips.

"And another truth, Buffy, I love you more then anything." He whispered into her golden hair.

"That's a truth I already knew." She said brightly as hands roamed over each other and happiness settled over them.

 

The End

<< back