"We Can Do It Together"

Author: A. Price
Email: andramichelle@yahoo.com


"We can do it together" Angel mulled over the words in his head. Buffy's hand in his hand, it was morning - and they were walking - together. The snow had caused a thick cloud cover, so there was no sun.

It felt so good to be - together.

Neither of them knew what they were going to do next. They just kenw that no matter what, they loved each other and they would face it - together.

They each knew that they would fight - together.

They would never have a traditional relationship, but they would deal with their feelings for each other - together.

Buffy had meant it when she told him "We can do it together." He held her had even tighter as they walked, he looked down and smiled at her. She smiled up at him and lay her head up against his shoulder. They were enjoying this moment - together.

No one was going to understand their need to be with each other, but they would face all of the others - together.

They walked back to the mansion. Angel settled Buffy on the couch and started a fire. They sat watching the fire - together.

She smiled up at him "What are you thinking?" she asked.

"I'm wondering why I still have my soul." he answered her with a grin.

"Why do you still have your soul? What do you mean?" she asked a confused look on her face.

"I mean that I'm so happy right now, that I can't believe I still have my soul." he explained to her.

"Oh, I think I understand. I'm happy too, scared, but happy." She said softly.

They sat contented, just enjoying the company of each other. Buffy got up to leave. "I'm sorry Angel, but it's Christmas Day. My Mother and Faith are waiting for me." She explained.

"I understand. You will be back though, right?" He asked her, his voice anxious.

She smiled softly at him. She hugged his neck and whispered in his ear "Yes, I will be back. I meant it, we can do this - together.

She hugged him and left to meet her mom. She and Angel had so many obstacles to face, but they would face them - together.

 

The End

 

<< back