"Well Met By Moonlight"

Author: A. Price
Email: andramichelle@yahoo.com


The pretty blonde hair blew gently in the night breeze, the pale yellow sundress she wore swooshed around her, she carried her sandals in one hand as she walked towards the gazebo in the garden.

The moon hung low in the sky casting a glow off the white roof of the gazebo. The girl sat down in the swing that hung there, she inhaled slightly taking in the soft scent of magnolia blossoms.

She had come to this place to make some decisions to sort out her over complicated life. Two men loved her, one as dark as the other was fair, and oddly enough she loved each man although for different reasons. She had not told them where she would be and had asked that they not try to find her.

The dark man would respect her requests, he always did. But the fair man, ah - she expected him to show at any time. It wasn't that the dark man didn't love her every bit as much as the fair, it was just that he worried and had much more guilt over his love for her and only wanted what was best for her.

The fair man also wanted what was best for her. But he loved her recklessly without guilt and he had decided that *he* was what was best for her. She smiled to herself, this was not going to be an easy decision - someone was going to be hurt. She sighed deeply as she pushed the swing to move with her small foot.

She had a past with the dark haired man, a past of love and heartache, estrangements and reconcilitations. Intimate moments shared only with him, she didn't know if she could let that go. But there were far too many restrictions on their relationship. Thus this major decision had to be made.

The fair haired man, her past with him was not an intimate one. On different sides of a battle, it was a miracle that they were at this place in their lives now. But he had changed, changed for the better. And he had proven his love for her again and again, but...he was arrogant and never looked before he leaped. And he never, ever listened to her. Could she possibly live with that?

The girl leaned her head back against the hard wood back of the swing, she closed her eyes for a brief moment before hearing the soft footsteps coming up the steps of the gazebo. Opening her eyes she was greeted with a familiar face - the fair haired man.

She gave him a small smile then quickly added "I told you not to try to find me."

"I never listen to you, you know that." He laughed softly as he sat down beside her on the swing.

"Yes, I've noticed that." She said trying to sound harsh, but her smile ruined the effect.

"So, who has won the hand of the fair maiden?" He asked raising an eyebrow, "Has the decison been made? Shall I turn with tucked tail and return to Sunnydale? Or... "

"You were supposed to give me more time - alone time." She said softly.

"That's not an answer. You've had more then enough time, Buffy." He placed one finger under her chin looking straight into those glowing hazel orbs "I love you. What's it going to be?"

"I'm not sure... It's so complicated." She answered biting her bottom lip.

"It's not complicated, Buffy. Even Angel acknowledges that you must move on from him, he loves you and always will, but you cannot be together, it's too dangerous for him and in the end for you too. We can be *together* in every way. You deserve that, say you'll come back to Sunnydale with me and be with me." He spoke softly and deliberately his eyes never leaving hers.

She thought for a moment, a single tear slid down her cheek, her small hand reached up and caressed his cheek. In a soft breathy voice barely above a whisper "I do love you, Spike."

He pulled her closer, her head rest on his shoulder, tears running down her cheeks. He patted her back and let her cry a moment. Placing a gentle kiss on the top of her head he spoke "I love you, too. It's settled."

She looked up at him and and nodded in silent agreement. He stood taking her hand, they walked along the promenade back to the Bed & Breakfast she was staying at. He followed her in silence to her room on the second floor of the Victorian. She paused a moment before putting the key in the door and unlocking it, she knew in her heart and in her head that once they entered this room together that there would be no turning back.

He followed her into the room. Glancing around the room at the antique decor, the huge wardrobe that stood in the corner, the small Queen Anne desk that graced the small wall by the bathroom door and of course the intricate design of the wrought iron bed that was under the window. Thankfully heavy curtains covered the window. His gaze went back to the bed.

Buffy noticed this, nervously she sat down on the feather mattress. Spike soon joined her there. He took her hand in his noting her nervousness. He and Buffy had acknowledged strong feelings for each other but had never acted on them beyond a kiss. He knew she loved him, she also loved his sire. But he could live with that, because he knew she had accepted that they would never have a chance to be fully together and her trepidation at being with him came from fear of being hurt, not her love for Angel. He planned to take away every thought of trepidation tonight.

She looked up at him a shy smile on her face. Raising her hand to his lips he gently kissed it. He looked into her eyes and could see the slight reservation there, but beyond that he saw love and happiness and maybe contentment that the decision had been made. He leaned forward and brushed her lips lightly with his. To his surprise she deepened the kiss, the warmth of her mouth against the coolness of his own sent a jolt of passion through him.

Hands roamed over bodies, small hands eased a leather duster down and off the vampires shoulders and went for the buttons of his shirt. Larger hands unzipped the sundress, easing it down around Buffy's waist, her full breasts exposed in a lacy bra.

Spike was quickly divested of his shirt, warm lips placed small delicate kisses all over his chest her tongue swirling around one of his nipples. He pulled her closer to his chest plastering her against it as he undid the clasp on her bra. Her lips worked their magic as he placed kisses on her hair and his hands found her breast, giving one nipple a light pinch she gasped and leaned back exposing herself fully to him, shedding herself of the unclasped bra. He gave careful ministrations to first one breast then the other, Buffy's gasps of pleasure egging him on, her lips lingering on his neck.

He lie her gently on the bed she wriggled the dress the rest of the way off and he helped her out of the scrap of lace that was her panties. She giggled softly as she undid the zipper of his jeans for him, he slid out of them effortlessly and joined her back on the bed.

He poised himself above her, he wanted this to be perfect he looked in her eyes and silently asked for permission. She smiled brightly, caressing his cheek once more with her hand, granting permission. She gasped slightly but she continued to smile at him letting him know that she was okay. He thrust gently at first, she became accustomed to him and soon met his gentle thrusts, he kissed her full lips throughly gazing into the lustfilled hazel eyes. Gentleness was soon forgotten as passion took over them both. His name on her lips, he smiled at the sound. He rolled over on the bed pulling her on top of him. A drowsy smile on her face she kissed his face softly all over. He laughed as she whispered "Was it worth all of the trouble I gave you?"

"Oh, it was well worth it, Love." He stroked her hair and soon he noticed her breathing was regular and her eyes closed. She had fallen asleep on top of him, he could get used to this happening. He gently moved her off of him and lie her beside him on the bed, pulling up the covers over her. He left the bed and made his way to the phone.

Glancing over his shoulder to make sure she was still sleeping he dialed a familiar number. "Hello. Yes, I found her. Yes, I think she's made her decision. Well, I think she's happy. Are you sure about this mate? I know how hard it is for you. Yes, I'll take good care of her, no need to threaten me. I do love her too, you know. Well, then I'll let you go. And Angel, thank you." Spike hung up the phone and went to join the love of *his* life in their bed trying not to think about his sire hundreds of miles away.


Angel hung up the phone and resumed his packing. His heart broke a little bit more as he placed each item in the suitcase. But he could leave with as clear a conscience as he would ever allow himself to have. Buffy was taken care of, Spike loved her and all was well. His plan had worked perfectly, sending Spike to her worked like a charm. He gave the room one last look before he picked up his bag and left Sunnydale and the love of *his* life behind forever.

 

The End

<< back