"Wonderful Tonight"

Author: A. Price
Email: andramichelle@yahoo.com
Notes: "Wonderful Tonight" is Eric Clapton's song.


Its late in the evening, she's wondering what clothes to wear
She puts on her makeup and brushes her long blond hair
And then she asks me, "Do I look alright?"
And I say "Yes, you look wonderful tonight"

Buffy and Angel were getting ready for a party. It was Giles birthday and there was a party for him at the Bronze. She was just finishing getting dressed. She turned around in front of Angel for his approval. He smiled at her "Beautiful as usual".

They arrived at the Bronze arm in arm. Smiling Buffy went to Giles hugged him and handed him his gift. He was a little embarrassed at the show of affection. But he smiled and returned the hug.

Angel watched Buffy as she drifted from person to person. She was enjoying seeing Xander and Cordelia, Willow and Oz. She looked wonderful tonight. He saw more then one guy turn his head as she walked by. It was okay, he knew who she was going home with!

We go to a party and everyone turns to see
This beautiful lady walking around with me
and then she asks me
"Do you feel alright?"
And I say "Yes, I feel wonderful tonight!"

Angel is lost in his own thoughts as he watches Buffy laughing and greeting everyone. She returns to his side and whispers in his ear "You okay? You look like your in your own little world." She takes his hand in hers.

He leans over and tells her "I'm fine, lets dance." He leads her to the dance floor. A slow song is playing.

I feel wonderful tonight
Because I see the lovelight in your eyes
And the wonder of it all
Is that you just don't realize
How much I love you.

They dance close, as if they are the only two people in the room. The music ends and Giles cuts the cake. He is smiling as he opens the gifts. He opens a bottle of champagne. He and Angel drink it.

Angel didn't usually drink, the champagne makes him a little woozy. Buffy laughts softly as they say their goodbyes. She takes the keys and drives home. They make it in one piece even though Buffy drove.

"I think Giles had a good time. Don't you?" she asks as she turns down the bed and fluffs the pillows.

"Um, yes I think he did." Angel answers as he slips under the cool sheets. His head hurts a little.

"Too much champagne, Sweetie?" Buffy asked as she slid in the bed beside him.

"No, I just have a small headache" he fibbed a little. Buffy turned to snuggle up against him. "Oh, I'm sorry your head hurts. I'm tired, I love you. I had a wonderful time tonight." She said tiredly as she gently kissed him. "I love you too, Buffy. You were wonderful tonight. Giles had a great time. I could tell.

Soon they were both sleeping peacefully.

Its time to go home now
And I've got an aching head
So I give her the car keys and
she helps me to bed and then I tell her
as I turn out the light
"I say my darling, you were wonderful tonight,
Oh, my darling you were wonderful tonight."

The End

<< back