"Joyride"

Author: Samantha
Email: sammer77@aol.com


"It’s not like I’ve never done this before, Riley."

"Yeah, well. You’ve never done it with me."

"And what makes you think it’s gonna be more fun with you?"

"Trust me. I know these things."

"Whatever you say."

He looked into her eyes and took a deep breath. Then he smiled and leaned in for a soft kiss. "Close your eyes," he whispered.

"Why?" Buffy asked curiously, one corner of her mouth curling up in a slight grin.

His eyes twinkling, he answered playfully, "It’s better with your eyes closed."

Buffy gave him a brief "you’re a bit strange" look, but then wordlessly complied, closing her eyes.

Riley chuckled softly and took her hand. "Ready?" he asked.

She nodded. "Yup. Can’t wait," she replied, squeezing his hand.

"All right, here we go." He lifted her hand to his lips and kissed it gently, letting his lips linger on her skin.

They started slowly. Buffy could feel herself climbing, ascending ever-so-slowly. Her pulse began to quicken and her breathing accelerated in anticipation. She could feel Riley touching her, could hear his own breathing quicken. She knew the peak was coming soon, but she wasn’t sure exactly when. She wanted to be able to watch, to see the action, but she had promised Riley that she would keep her eyes closed. He was right about one thing, though-it was more exciting with her eyes closed. Not being able to see what was going on gave the whole process an added suspense that heightened the enjoyment factor.

Riley watched her in the dim light. He made her promise to close her eyes, but he didn’t make himself promise to do the same. His pleasure was in watching her get maximum enjoyment. Her lids fluttered nervously, her eyes darting back and forth beneath them. Her chest rose and fell with each excited breath, her lips were parted slightly, curved up in a slight smile. The feel of her skin beneath his hand-all soft and warm-he almost thought he could feel the blood coursing through her veins beneath his palm. His own heart was racing and he grinned as he watched her face.

They were almost there. She could feel it. They were at that moment where the world seems to stop, where everything moves in slow motion right before it explodes in a blinding flash of light. She swallowed hard, trying to calm the adrenaline pumping through her body.

Then came the rush. Almost without warning, the bottom fell out from under her and she let out a loud squeal. She squeezed Riley’s hand tightly-too tightly because she could feel his knuckles cracking-and said his name, drawing it out in a long breath-"Riiileeey." She wriggled against him and laughed. She never knew this could be so much fun.

Riley laughed with her, his eyes fixed on her beautiful face as he watched her expression change from one of anticipation to one of satisfaction. He winced slightly when she squeezed his hand, forgetting the power her slender fingers possessed, but grateful that they were entwined with his and no one else’s. He lifted her hand to his lips once again.

They reached peak after peak, some higher than others, but each one a pleasurable experience in itself. Buffy squirmed and fought for breath while Riley kept his eyes on her, taking pleasure in the fact that she was gratified. The look on her face revealed that she was having the time of her life.

But while it started slowly and gradually, it stopped abruptly. It was over and Buffy found herself feeling suddenly disappointed that her joyride was over. She was having too much fun to stop now. She was breathless and perspiring slightly and she kept her eyes closed in the hopes that she could recapture some of the magic. But nothing happened.

Riley leaned over, slightly out of breath himself, and kissed her lightly on the cheek. "You can open your eyes now," he whispered, smiling against her skin.

Reluctantly, Buffy opened her eyes and turned to look at him, a contented smile creeping across her lips. "That was great," she purred playfully.

"I told you," Riley replied.

"Can we do it again?" she asked hopefully, her green eyes wide.

Riley chuckled. "Maybe later, Buffy. Space Mountain isn’t going anywhere. And I still want to ride the Teacups!"

 

The End

 

<< back