"A Misunderstanding"

Author: Gabriele
Email:
gabi@gschulz.de
Notes:
It's "The Library" (without bonding I guess). And there's Michael, Buffy's boyfriend.


"What is wrong?"

"It's... I have seen you."

"When?"

"Yesterday evening."

"Oh..."

It had to happen sooner or later. She couldn't have hidden her calling from her boyfriend forever. And yesterday it hadn't been the cemetery, but two vampires in the back-alley of the Bronze. What was she supposed to tell him? But more importantly, what was *he* thinking?

"And?", she asked carefully.

"I... I really don't know what to say. It's... I guess I was shocked."

"That's natural."

"I... how long have you... been doing this?"

"Over three years."

"Oh my god."

"Michael, it's... it's nothing you have to be afraid of. It's... part of who I am."

"So you won't give it up?"

"I can't. It's my destiny. But it has nothing to do with you. I'll try to keep it away from you as good as possible. I... I guess I knew that you would find out sooner or later, but... I wish you wouldn't have found out."

He said nothing.

"Are you okay with this?"

"I... I don't know, I have to think about it."

"Yeah. Sure. Do that."


The next evening Michael came to "The Library" just before it was closed.

"Michael! Hello."

Buffy went to him and kissed him shyly.

"Have you... come to a decision?"

"I'll leave you alone."

Giles was about to open the door to the backoffice, when Michael stopped him.

"No. Stay. This is as much your business as ours I guess."

He turned to Buffy and didn't notice, the slightly irritated look on Giles' face.

"Before I can tell you, I have to know something. Do you love him?"

"What?"

"Do you love him?"

Buffy was confused.

"Do I love *who*?"

Michael's gaze shifted to Giles.

"Him."

Giles' eyes widened. Buffy stared at her boyfriend.

"*What*?"

"Do you love Giles?"

"I... what has that to do with your decision?"

"I just... I need to know, what exactly your relationship is. You said it's destiny. So are you engaged or what? And you can't break that engagement. And do you love him or is it just sex o-"

"What the hell are you talking about?"

Giles stood openmouthed, while Buffy looked at her boyfriend, looking for an explanation.

"I'm talking about you and him. What we talked about yesterday. That I saw you. Doing you know what in there."

The 'him' had been accompanied by a hand pointing at Giles, the 'you know what' by a rolling of the hand and the 'there' by pointing at the backoffice.

"*That* was what we were talking about?"

"Yes. What did *you* think, we're talking about?"

"I thought you saw me s-"

"Skating.", interrupted Giles.

"Eh, yes, I do figure skating. I thought you saw me doing that."

"Figure skating?"

"Yeah, it's a big passion of mine. And I like to call it my destiny."

"Oh. So you weren't talking about you and Giles."

"No, of course not. Giles is... a friend. Nothing else."

"But I saw you."

"What exactly *did* you see?" Giles asked.

"Well, I came in yesterday evening and usually one of you comes out at the sound of the bell, but neither of you did, so I figured that you'd be in the backoffice. Then I heard... well... moans and the such and 'Yes, Buffy. Good.' you know... and I couldn't believe it, so I carefully opened the door and well..."

"What?"

"God, Buffy, you were there. On top of him. On the floor."

"Oh. That was not what you think it was."

"Well, what was it?"

"We were training."

"Yes, that's right. Giles kind of trains with me for my... eh... figure skating and sometimes I can't keep the balance and fall to the ground or into Giles."

"Uhuh." The doubt was quite clear.

Then Buffy had a thought.

"Didn't you see my work-out outfit. We weren't naked or anything."

Michael had to think about it. No, they hadn't been naked. And he really couldn't remember, *what* they had been wearing. He had closed the door immediately after seeing his worst suspicion confirmed. But she was right. They hadn't been naked. Or they couldn't have had sex, when they were not naked, right? Besides, he had found it unbelievable that she could have an affair with Giles in the first place. Even if this explanation wasn't 100% conclusive, it *was* an explanation. And he chose to believe her. He sighed in relief and so did she.

"God, that was quite a misunderstanding, wasn't it?"

"Yeah."

She went to kiss him.

"Does our date still stand?"

"Sure. Just a few more books to sort. Pick me up at home at eight."

"Okay."

He kissed her again and she closed the door behind him and locked it, since it was past their closing time by now.

When she turned around, Giles did nothing to hide the grin on his face.

"You think that's funny?"

"I think, it is good, that he doesn't know about the slaying and as for the other..."

He grinned even wider.

"You and your moaning!"

"Hey, *you* were the one on top of me."

"I'll give you on top of me."

She ran over to him and in one movement, pushed him against the backoffice door, opened it and had him on the ground with her straddling him.

"Ow! Buffy!"

"That's for thinking it is funny, that my boyfriend thinks, we had sex."

He grinned again.

"It's kind of interesting though. That he would think you *would* do it. With me."

She hit him.

"Maybe we should show him some training, so that he knows the moaning comes from *me* beating *you* into a whining little pile of Ex-Watcher."

"I don't whine."

The way he kept grinning at her made her nervous. She tried to get up, but he held her back.

"You never answered his question."

She knew what he meant, but still asked.

"What question?"

"If you love me."

"Do *you* love me?" She tried to sound playful.

"I asked you first."

She again felt nervous. And something else. She suddenly felt very aware that she was sitting astride his stomach.

"I... I love all of you. Willow, Xander... all of you. And you?"

"I do and *I* can actually say it: I love you."

He smiled at her and then the smile faded.

She tried to get up again, but he took a firm grip on her upper arm.

"I love you."

This time he said it seriously and she felt a shudder going through her body. She tried to get up again, freeing herself from his grip, but in one quick movement had her on her back beneath him. His groin was between her legs and his arms were at her sides, holding his weight. He looked down at her and she gulped.

She felt the unbelievable urge to move her hips towards him, but she didn't give in. She just lay still, the beating of her heart picking up speed. He kept looking at her. Her mouth was slightly open and her breathing fast.

Then he moved down and kissed her.

She didn't know what to do. Somewhere inside she knew it wasn't right, but the only thing she could think was "Oh god, oh god, oh god". She suddenly realized that she was returning his kiss. Eagerly. Then she felt his hand slipping into her top onto her stomach.

"No, Giles." It came out weakly.

He just kissed her again and when his tongue demanded entry she willingly opened her mouth. His hand pushed her top further up and then moved her bra down, so that he could touch her breasts.

"Giles..."

He moved his head to her breast and kissed it then sucked her nipple.

This wasn't right. It couldn't be right. She was with someone else. She loved someone else. What was his name again? Oh god. No! She had to stop him.

His mouth wandered to her other breast.

"Don't, Giles." At the same time her hand was in his hair and pressed his head onto her nipple.

He licked and sucked and nibbled and she moaned.

Then she felt one hand moving down to the zipper of her pants. When he started to open it she stopped him.

"No, Giles."

He tried again, but this time her grip was firm.

He looked up into her eyes. She was panting, her face was flushed, her mouth open.

"If you really don't want me to go on, stop me."

Then he cupped her mound.

She moaned. Damn him. He knew, that he couldn't do anything against her will. She could stop him from anything in a split second with her slayer strength. If she wanted to, that is. Then she felt his hand once again at her zipper. No.

She moved his hand away and flipped him around, straddling him on the groin. Oh god, he felt so good. She couldn't help pushing her sex against his hardening penis. No, no, no. She had to stop this. And she had to stop soon.

She looked down at him. He smiled a serious smile.

"I love you, Buffy."

It wasn't right. She was with someone else. Not with Giles. She didn't love Giles. She didn't want him. And yet she was already wet from the desire to feel him inside her. This couldn't be. This shouldn't be. She fought with herself. She really tried. But when she felt his hand on her stomach again, moving upward, she gave up.

She ripped open his shirt and pulled up his undershirt to roam over his chest, before going on. In no time they were both naked.

She was on top of him ready to impale herself on him, then stopped and lay down next to him on the floor.

He rolled onto his side, gently stroked her stomach, then kissed her cheek.

"I love you."

She had said it more to herself than to him as if hearing it aloud would make the revelation more believable. He looked up into her eyes.

Then he moved between her legs and entered her.

They both moaned.

He started pumping and there were only two thoughts left in her. The first was simply "Yes, yes, yes", the other was: How could she have not known? All those years. Sure, somewhere deep inside her, she had always known that Michael wasn't 'it'. Mr. Right. But that he had been so close. For such a long time. Unbelievable.

They kissed and she slowly felt her climax building.

Then she went over the edge shuddering around him, calling out his name. He kept pumping, increasing the speed.

She looked into his eyes.

"I love you, Giles."

She did. She honestly did. And it didn't feel new, but like something that had always been there.

He thrust even harder and she felt herself approaching a second climax. Then with a last thrust he emptied himself into her screaming her name. She came together with him.

He collapsed on top of her and she put her arms around him, stroking his back.

Then he moved his head to look into her eyes.

They gazed at each other for a long time, reveling in the love they saw.

And when they spoke the words came out in perfect unison.

"I love you."

The End

 

<< back