"Not Even Close"

Author: Gabriele
Email:
gabi@gschulz.de
Notes:
Written for the theme of the 'week' challenge at buffygiles.com (my site). Theme was 'Close'. (I'm doing thoughts with ~these~ now, to avoid conflict when HTMLing the stuff.)


"And I tried this new shampoo. Do you like it?"

She bent forward and held her hair close to his face, so that he could smell it. He gulped. Not only because he could smell her hair and her very own intoxicating scent, but also because she awarded him with quite a generous view of her cleavage by bending down.

"I-it's ve-very n-nice."

"Do you really think so?"

The way she looked at him made him gulp again, and he just nodded instead of trying to answer.

She stood up straight again and he let out a quiet sigh of relief. Maybe now his heart rate could go back to only much too high (from close to exploding).

"Thanks for letting me change here."

"You're very welcome."

He got up from the bed and went towards the stairs.

"Where are you going?"

"I... I thought you wanted to change into... for your date."

"Yes. And I was wondering if you could help me."

He stared at her openmouthed.

"I meant telling me what looks okay."

"Oh. O-of course." He blushed. "You... you can call me when you're done."

"No. I think it would be better if you stayed here. So you don't have to run up and down all the time. And I might... need some help with some of the clothes."

He looked at her waiting for her to tell him that it was a joke - or *something*.

"Sit down, Giles. This could take a while."

When he still didn't move or say anything, she grabbed his hands and pulled him back to his bed. She gently pushed him down and put her hands on his shoulder, bending down a little again.

"I know that fashion is boring for you, but please, do it for me."

"S-s-sure."

She turned around, and he couldn't see the grin that spread over her face.

"Most are dresses. It's summer, after all, and... hot." She glanced over at him and was pleased to see him shift a litte on the edge of the bed.

She opened the bag she had brought and after a short moment got out a light summer dress. She held it up for him to see.

"What do you think?"

"Looks very nice."

"Nice, huh? I'm not sure if I want to look too nice, if you know what I mean, but I'll try it on anyway."

She dropped the dress onto his lap and started undoing her pants right in front of him. He gasped and screwed his eyes shut. Buffy silently cursed, but decided not to say anything - yet.

After her pants, she removed her blouse and the flimsy top she had worn beneath. She also got out of her shoes, so that she only wore her panties and a practical, but still decorative bra. She wondered for a second whether she should tell him she was ready, but he might just hold up the dress without opening his eyes. Besides, getting the dress herself could be quite rewarding, too.

Giles jumped when he felt her hands on his lap. Of course. She was just getting the dress. He tried to calm down, when he realized that she still hadn't gotten it and her hands were very insistent in not getting a good enough hold on it. At least, it had to be that. The only other explanation would be that she was groping him and that was inconceivable. Still not eager to let her hands do anything more, he grabbed the dress himself and lifted it up.

"Thank you."

He didn't say anything, just kept wondering what was wrong with Buffy today.

"Done."

He opened his eyes and immediately shut them again when he saw that she was still in the middle of buttoning up.

"Giles, it's not as if I'm not wearing anything underneath. I'm done now."

He carefully opened his eyes. The top three buttons were still open, but he guessed Buffy had the intention to leave it like that.

"What do you think?"

She turned around in front of him.

"Very lovely. I'm sure Steve will be enchanted."

"Yeah, well. I'm not sure. Maybe this is too thin. I mean ,we'll be out all evening, and it will get colder. Plus this thing is practically transparent against the light. Look."

She walked over to the window and he could see the outlines of her shapely legs.

"Uhm."

"On the other hand the material is wonderful. Here, feel."

She had walked back to him and now took his hands and put them on her waist.

"Nice, huh?"

He could only stammer.

She let go of his hands and he immediately dropped them.

"But when it's really hot, you can unbutton it a little like this."

She lifted the lower part of the dress to unbutton it and thereby revealed her slim legs. He stared for a second, before he caught himself. Buffy smiled inwardly. Then he got up.

"May-maybe I'm not much help after all. You could call Willow..."

"She and Tara have gone out."

"You could call Xander and Anya."

She glared at him. Then she put her hands on his shoulders and pushed him back onto the bed.

"I'll try on something else."

He closed his eyes again. Buffy sighed quietly. She was probably too subtle.

When Buffy told him she was ready the next time, Giles very carefully opened his eyes. She was wearing tight leather pants and a slightly transparent top, but she was still wearing her bra, so all in all it was nothing he wasn't used to and prepared for.

"That's a lot better. I mean, not that that dress wasn't... it was... uhm..."

"Well, this would be a little hot at first, but I'm not really planning on full exposure to sun for an extended amount of time, so... I'm just not sure if I can move in this thing after we had something to eat. Look at how tight this is already."

She turned around and bent forward so that he got a good view of her butt. His mouth dropped open and then he closed his eyes in self-defense. She turned around still bending forward.

"Giles?"

He opened his eyes to see her face, and below that through the transparent material of her blouse, her bra-held breasts. He could have sworn that the bra had covered more of her chest. He gulped, but didn't close his eyes, instead looking at her face again.

"Buffy, I really think-"

"You're right. This is too tight. I bet you couldn't fit your hand in here."

She grabbed his hand again and squeezed it up front in her tight pants. He could feel her lacy slip, but gratefully the pants were indeed so tight that his hand only fit in a few inches. He pulled his hand out.

"So you will go with the dress?"

He held it up in front of him.

"I still have another dress."

"I see."

He put the dress on his lap and Buffy noted with an inward smile that he seemed to arrange it as if he wanted it to cover up something.

This time when she started to get out of her pants he didn't close his eyes, but looked down at his lap.

"So when is Steve coming to pick you up?"

"A couple of minutes give or take."

"Shouldn't you better decide for one then now?"

"Giles. Boys expect to wait for a date."

He looked up to glare at her and immediately back to his lap, when he saw that she was only clad in bra and panties.

"Sorry."

~I am, too~, Buffy thought to herself. Could it be that she still wasn't foward enough? But she had one more card to play. She took out the last dress and layed it on the bed next to him, then she got out of her bra. She picked up the dress.

"I think I could need your help with this one."

He looked up at her, the dress barely covering her breasts. He didn't say anything.

"You could help me zipping it up."

"I believe you have to put it on first."

"Of course."

She turned around and this time Giles didn't close his eyes or look away. Instead, he watched her body from her long hair cascading down her shoulders, her lovely back, legs to her bare feet, which stepped into the dress, then back up with the dress. When he had reached her face he noticed that she was looking back at him, but didn't seem to be mad that he had been watching her. Instead, the look on her face was unreadable.

When she didn't say anything, he got up from the bed, the dress on his lap dropping down to the ground. He slowly and carefully pulled up the zipper of her dress, while the other hand rested on her back. She held up her hair and watched him, but he kept his gaze on his hand. When he reached the top he hesitated for a second before removing his hands. Buffy sighed as the contact was broken.

"You know the material of this is quite nice as we-"

He immediately put both of his hands on her waist and stroked ever so slightly up and down.

"Very nice."

Slowly, he pulled back and sat down on the bed again.

Buffy found herself suddenly slightly nervous as he finally seemed to be responding. She turned around and they looked at each other for a long moment.

Just when Buffy gathered all her courage to take the next step someone knocked on the door.

"Damn", she muttered.

"This must be Steve."

"Eh. Yes. Steve."

Still she didn't make a move.

"Don't you want to go?"

"Not really."

"But..."

"I wish I had an excuse not to go."

"You can't let him wait there for hours."

"I meant not to go out with him."

"You could tell him that Willow wants you to help her with an assignment." She gave him a look. "Or that your mother is sick."

"I guess I could, but I don't really want to lie."

"You could say that... an old friend needs you."

They looked at each other for a moment.

"Yeah, I guess I could tell him that."

She gave him another intense look, then went downstairs. He just stared for a second before following her. He saw her standing at the open door. When she saw him coming, she went outside and closed the door enough that he couldn't see the person she was talking to.

He went into the kitchenette and poured himself a glass of water, trying to keep calm.

When Buffy came back in, Giles just came out of the kitchenette.

"Have you...?"

"Told him. About the friend. In need."

She nodded and he gave her a short smile. Then there followed an awkward silence.

"Maybe I should get out of this and slip into something more... uhm..."

"Yes, sure."

"Would you?"

She turned her back to him and lifted up her hair. He took a quick breath and then pulled down the zipper, not as gently as before, but purposefully, immediately pulling his hand away when he was done. She turned around to him a little disappointed and helpless, wondering where the tension between them had gone.

She took a deep breath and dropped the dress to the ground. When she didn't feel his hands or hear his voice for several endless seconds she hurried up the stairs.

Giles put his hand on his face, not sure *what* he had done and if it had been the right thing to do. He picked up Buffy's dress and held it to him, smelling her scent that still lingered in it.

"Damn. Damn. Damn." Upstairs Buffy walked back and forth. She had played her last card and Xander had to knock exactly when things finally had worked out. It wasn't his fault of course, but damn! Now there was only awkwardness between her and Giles and she had no idea how to bring back that zing that had undoubtedly been between them for a second. Maybe it would have been better to just jump him as Anya had suggested. She sighed. She could almost hear the former demon, when she had to come back and tell them that there was sparkage, but she hadn't managed to get over her point (and Giles into bed). No, she couldn't leave without victory. She was too close now to give up. He had all but admitted that he wanted her. And he had certainly responded...

"Giles?"

He jumped slightly in his chair.

"Yes?"

"Could you come up for a second?"

"Do you need something?"

~You!~ "Could you just come up for a second?"

He went upstairs, entering his bedroom without any idea what to expect.

"Can I wear one of your shirts?"

He turned around to her and saw her standing in one of his shirts - and nothing else as far as he could tell.

"Su-s-sure, but... d-don't you want to put on your blouse or..."

"You don't want me to wear it? Okay."

She unbuttoned his shirt and he screwed his eyes shut again.

"Giles, is everything all right with your eyes? You keep closing them."

He suddenly felt her hands holding his face.

"Open your eyes."

He did and looked directly into hers.

"No, need to hide them."

She stepped closer and began rubbing herself against him.

"Buffy, what are you doing?"

"What I've been trying all day. Very unsuccessfully as I might add."

"All day?"

"Haven't you even noticed?"

He just gulped. She moved her hands into his hair and searched his whole face, before settling on his eyes again.

"All I wanted was for you to finally get the message and throw me onto the bed and take me. So I stripped and got you to touch me and groped you, but you weren't even close-"

That was when his head bent suddenly down to kiss her hard. She responded eagerly until she found herself flying through the air onto his bed. As she lay sprawled on the sheets, he saw that the now open shirt was indeed all she was wearing. They looked hungrily at each other for a second, then Buffy scrambled to the edge of the bed and hurried to open his pants after running one hand over his bulge. He growled and she pushed down his pants and then his boxers over his prominent erection. His cock sprang free right at her face and she didn't hesitate to take the tip into her mouth, sucking gently.

"Oh, no, not this time."

He pushed her away and stepped out of the pants and boxers pooling at his feet. She crawled backwards on the bed while he removed his shoes and socks, watching her as if she were his prey. Then he jumped onto the bed and dove straight between her spread legs, licking along her wet folds. She was more than ready.

He got a condom out of the nightstand and put it on. Then he plunged into her without further ado.

Buffy moaned loudly as he immediately set a fast and hard pace.

"Oh God, yes."

With shaking hands she unbuttoned the shirt he was still wearing and then ran her hands through his chest hair. When she grazed his nipples with her nails, he increased the speed of his thrusts even more and she pulled him down to her wanting to feel him close. Their tongues met in a passionate exchange.

Buffy pulled back her legs so that he could penetrate her even more deeply and with a couple of hard thrusts that filled her to the core he brought them both to climax.

He collapsed on her, then after a second rolled over taking her with him.

"Oh, wow, that was worth the wait."

"And that was just the beginning."

"We're not done yet?"

He gave her a little thrust that made them both moan.

"We're not even close."

The End

 

<< back