ࡱ>    !"#$%&'()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?@ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ[\]^_`abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz{|}~Root Entry F YWordDocument ?CompObj^ll come after your daughter especially. She is our future, mlady, the future of not only our planet, but the whole Alliance. It is her destiny. And because of this they will need to dispose of her first. Commander Verran said.

Captain Asten rose from his chair and took over the talking.

Lady Everynne we have come up with a solution. We have to send your daughter away from Allrelen, hopefully to a planet that is on the outer rim of the Alliance. If we keep her hidden they have no chance of finding her.... He paused and Buffy could tell he wasnt finished.

Spit it out Captain!

...we think you should go with her. We can not risk you, my Queen, you are to valuable, if you were to be harmed..... Nimisha is to young to take over mlady and you know it.

Everyone around the table nodded in agreement.

Buffy just looked sadly at the Captain and the rest of her audience.

I can not leave Allrelen, my friends, and you know that. This is my home. These are my people, I will not desert them in this horrible time. They need me here and I will protect them the best I can.

Her minsters sighed in defeat. They new she would not want to leave Allrelen, but they had to try.

We need to find a suitable planet, mlady, one that is out of the way, one of the farming planets would be preferable I think. Commander Verran said quietly.

He left his place at the large table and went over the wall behind were Buffy herself was seated.

Gently he touched the wall with his finger. A large, 3D screen appeared. The Commander looked at it intently and touched the screen again, widening the view. When Buffy looked over her shoulder at him he had brought up a star chart. She got up of her seat and walked over to the Commander.

Getting in front of him she did the same, and looked intently at the chart. She touched it a few more time and when she was finished they could see she had brought up a full scan of the Alliance. Looking at it Buffy could see Allrelen in the centre will hundreds of planets circling her.

These were her planets, they belonged to her.

Looking at the chart Buffy could see the hundreds of planets that made up the Alliance. The Alliance was on the far side of the galaxy, it took light years to get to it either way. It was a group of about 1000 planets that formed rings around the main planet, Allrelen.

Buffy was very proud of her position in the Alliance. As their Queen she held the most important title in the galaxy. But it wasnt always easy though, and she missed her friends terribly. And now she was about to send her only child away from her home, away from her mother. Buffy racked her brain but couldnt think of a planet that would be suitable to send her daughter. Maybe to her Altarian cousins on Altar? No she never did like the holidays we had there. Knowing Nimishas love for adventure Buffy knew that it would have to be somewhere she had never been before. But then, she would have to familiar with her surroundings and the people around her.

And then Buffy knew the perfect place.

Earth She whispered to herself, her eyes widening at the thought. Slowly she turned around and faced her Allrelen Council.

Earth She repeated, louder this time. We will send her to Earth.

The room was silent. No one even breathed. Then the room erupted in noise.

You cant be serious!

You cant send her there!

Mlady be reasonable!

The Captain quickly silenced the room with a raise of his large, brown hand. Shooting dirty looks at the people who had exploded he turned to Buffy and said in a quiet, reasoning voice,

Lady Everynne you cant be serious, Earth is on the other side of the galaxy, it is barely even part of the Alliance. Its a backwards, primitive planet and they have the highest report if Vampiric activity Ive ever heard of in a planet of that age. Looking sheepishly at the scientists around the table he once again turned to his Queen before speaking,

And quite frankly, we really dont know anything about the planet mlady, she would be in morܥe# /?_,>l,>l>> > (>>>T>ZDTimes New Roman Symbol ArialCourier NewTimes New RomanTimes New RomanTimes New RomanThe Golden Queen

The Golden Queen

by Damia

Prologue.

With tears dripping down her cheeks, the girl paused. Taking a deep breath she slowly turned around. Raising her tear filled eyes she took one last regretful look at the building in front of her. Thunder and lightening battled above her head in the night sky as the rain fell in buckets. She was soaked to the bone and was shivering unconsciously. With a quick brush of her hand she flicked her shoulder length blonde hair out of her face and heaved her backpack over her right shoulder. She was sobbing softly and her voice was fill of sadness and guilt. Regretfully she tore she eyes away from the tall, imposing, building that towered above her. Unconsciously she dropped her hand and rested it on her stomach knowing that she had to do this, to protect what was inside of her. She would not let them get her baby - no matter what the cost. Not being able to handle it anymone, the girl spun on her heals and started a brisk pace down the footpath before the pain and guilt overwhelmed her. The rain kept falling. Even as she made the last turn around the corner to come face to face with her destiny.

Chapter 1

*Allrelen.*

Buffy took a deep breath, trying to carm herself.

It didnt work.

What exactly do you mean by that Commander? She asked in a tight, low voice.

Everyone at the table drew in their breaths tightly. They knew she wasnt going to like this, actually, they knew what her exact reaction would be.

The Commander in question paled slightly and a panicked look appeared on his sweating face.

I was mearly stating that it is not safe here at the moment Lady Everynne. We have to take action.

Buffy kicked out of her chair and was on her feet in an instant.

SO YOU WANT TO START A WAR!? She yelled.

Bringing her fists heavily down on the large wooden table everyone could see the rage radiating in her startling jade eyes.

Lady Everynne, please calm down. Of course we dont want to start a war. But we have to think fast, time is running out, and we have to think of the best course of action. Commander Verran said soothingly.

I will tell you now Commander, my mother never had to start a war and nor will I! Buffy yelled still furious.

One of her minsters on the far side of the table rose hesitantly and began to speak.

Lady Everynne, we know you angry, we all are, but we do have to do something. The Vanquishers are getting closer to the planets with every passing hour.  They are a plague mlady, a virus, and if they are aloud to enter The Alliance they will peratrate Allrelens atmosphere you do know what they will do then, dont you?

What? Buffy answered in a tired weak voice, not sure if she really wanted to know.

They will kill you mlady. The minister answered regretfully.

Buffy froze.

What? She finally managed to get out.

They are a form of vampire Lady Everynne, an elite race of born killers. They are coming to Allrelen for a purpose, and that is to kill you and your family. The minister didnt want to put it so bluntly but she had to understand.

Nimisha.... She whispered. Oh my God, thats the reason for this meeting isnt it? What we are going to do about Nimisha. Buffy said shocked.

It is not safe here for Lady Nimisha at this present time. If they attack Allrelen they wie danger there than here on Allrelen.

Not convinced, Buffy turned to the Captain. When she spoke her voice was firm and everyone knew she would not be changed in her opinion.

I lived on Earth for the first 18 years of my life Captain. I think I would know if it was safe or not. Nimisha might be my daughter but she is also half Slayer and half Vampire, she can look after herself. As the people started to disagree Buffy silenced them.

She has been training with me since she was three years old. She is as strong as me, maybe stronger in some places. She gets that from her father Buffy said to herself.

They were still not convinced. Where will she stay? She doesnt know anyone on Earth Mlady, she will be so lonely. Commander Verran said, trying to change her mind.

Buffy thought this over, then told everyone,

Willow. She will stay with Willow. They started to disagree again but Buffy cut them off.

I know I can trust her, my friends, she would never hurt her.

I hate to bring this up Lady Everynne, but dont they think your dead?. Lieutenant Bravear spoke up.

Captain Asten shoot the Lieutenant a disgusted look for saying such a disrespectful thing, but Buffy just laughed. She liked the Lieutenant. He might have been a outspoken, wild, young man but he came from Debrein, and they were all like that.

Well Im not to sure on that matter, Lieutenant. With no new Slayer called they might suspect that Im still alive, but with Faith still alive and kicking, Im not sure if a new Slayer would be called at all.

The Lieutenant smiled at his Queen. He found her really easy to get along with.

Thian Bravear was 18 and had been in the Royal Alliance Military since he was 15. His father was one of Lady Everynnes personal advisers and he had lived on Debrein with his mother and sister all his life. He used to love it when his father came home on leave, he would sit him on his knee and would tell him all about Allrelen and the beautiful city and the Crystal Palace, that had stood there for over 10,000 years. He would tell him about their new Queen and how beautiful she was, and how she was so much like her mother Semarritte.

He would go into detail about their little Princess, and how lively she was, and how different she looked from the Queen. With her long, raven black hair, she was completely the opposite from her mother, but not her eyes. They were the same large green emeralds as the Queens. Thian had sworn to himself that when he was old enough he would join the Royal Alliance Military and serve his Queen just has his father did.

And now he was here. A Lieutenant no less, and a very good one. He had gotten himself a place on the Council when he had bumped into the Queen while he was out walking in her famous palace gardens. He had been horrified that he, a Lieutenant, had dared try to grab her arm to stop them both from falling over. It was unheard of for anyone to even touch her without her letting them and there he was, grabbing her. But she had just laughed and told him that she had people trying to grab her harder than that. Then he remembered that she was the Slayer and that on Earth people had always been trying to kill her. He had gone red with embarrassment but she had put her hand on his arm and told him not to worry, that she thought he was a polite, caring young man and that he had to come over for dinner one day. She had said that he was only a couple of years older than her daughter and she didnt know to many people from Debrain. She had heard that they were a wild bunch. She had then put her lips near his ear, away from the ever listening range of her minders who followed her everywhere, and said that she didnt want her daughter to grow up a stuffy, boring, little girl and she needed someone fun in her life, that he would be a good influence on her daughters personality.

That was a couple of months ago and he had still not managed to keep his promise of dinner because he had been so busy with his new role as a Lieutenant. He had gotten to be very good friends with Nimisha though, and the two of them were always together. It was common knowledge that they were friends, and everyone was hoping that it could lead to something more. Thian had been to a few Council meeting and now here he was sitting in on one asking his Queen questions.

He shook his head and tried to pay more attention to what was being said.

....I can trust her Captain. She was my best friend. Buffy said. Willow will understand, I know she will.

Everyone could tell that she was getting angry and that she didnt like people disagreeing with her judgement.

The Captain sighed and finally gave in. Well the only good thing about this is they will never think of looking there...I still dont like it my Queen, but I guess your right.

Buffy couldnt believe the final agreement.

Her daughter was going to Earth.

Thank you people for your insistence. Its final, Nimisha will go to Earth. I will go with her a first, I have to be the one to explain things to Willow, in person. I will return to my position as soon as possible. Now if you dont mind I will go to my child and tell her that she will be leaving.

Buffy looked at her watch and said,

I want you all at the gate room in 9 hours, is that clear? We have to get her off this planet as soon as possible.

And with that she spun on her heals and briskly walked out of the room, her skirts flowing behind her.

***

As soon as she was out of range from the Council room Buffy fell to the ground and covered her face with her hands, weeping silently. She couldnt believe it, her daughter was going to Earth. A place she herself hadnt been in 4 years.

She could still remember the last night she was in Sunnydale. Has it really been 4 Earth years?, Willow, Xander, Anya, Oz, Riley, and herself had all gone to the Bronze and had a great time. Her friends had been so happy, and she had sat there knowing that this was her last night in Sunnydale, her last night on Earth.

When Afraya had introduced himself to her one night on protrol two weeks before she hadnt believed what he had said to her, she had told him he was crazy. He had said that she was pregnant with Angels baby, that the day when she had gone to LA after him at Thanksgiving didnt not happen the way she thought.

That he had been human.

Human.

And he had gone and made them change him back.....for her.

He told her that even though the day was taken back she still had her child, her Body Heir, he called it.

Then he had told her that her mother had been killed and she had to come and take the throne. She had almost had a heart attack. Her mother was dead. But he had noticed her reaction and casually said: not that mother.

She had stared at him.

She remembered asking her what the hell he meant by that, and he had said in a casually annoying voice that the woman who she thought was her mother, was not her real mother. He had then come up to her and placed one of his light blue hands on her forehead and told her to relax, to close her eyes.

She had, and had gotten the biggest shock of her life.

She remembered.

She remembered everything, who she was, who her mother was, and what she had to do. Her real name was Everynne Tessionare, and at her birth the whole galaxy had celebrated. She was to be the forth Queen of the Imperial Alliance.

But her world was at war. Her mother, Queen Semarritte, had known that she had to get her daughter, her Body Heir, off Allrelen, or the Vanquisher vampires would hunt her down and kill her. So, when her daughter was just two weeks old she put her in a time capsule and send her back in time. She sent her to Earth, the furthest planet that was in the Alliance. Even though it was in the Alliance, nobody on it knew anything about the other worlds. It wasnt colonised because it was to dangerous, there was just to many vampires there.

So Buffy would be born to another woman, but she would still be Semarrittes child, she mearly implanted her child in the womans womb, the egg was already fertilised. The woman would never know the difference.

But then it had all gone wrong, they had lost contact with her. Semarritte was frantic. She didnt know where her child was. Then something strange happened, somehow the child had retained her natural Tessionare powers.

Everyone born to the Tessionare line was stronger than everyone else, it was because they were born to rule, the were born Queens, only girls. Each new born child was the clone of their mother. They were born with the memories of their ancestors before them, they were born to rule, to command. So Buffy was born, the clone of her mother Semarritte....but not with the memories. Her mother had placed a block in her mind so she would not get her memories, and she wasnt meant to get her powers until it was time to come home.

The war had been won 3 Allrelen years later, the whole Alliance had rejoiced, everyone knew that the Queen had hidden their little Princess away on a far away planet, and now she would be coming home. The happiness was short lived however, when Semarritte had to tell the worlds that her child had been lost, that no one knew where she was. Everyone was horrified, their little Princess was on a distant planet, away from her natural mother, and no one knew where she was.

It took them 30 years to find her, and when they did they got a shock, she was only 18. They discovered that time was different for the two planets, while it was the year 10,000 on Allrelen it was only the year 2000 on Earth. Only 18 years had passed on Earth while 30 years had passed on Allrelen. No wonder the planet was so backwards, it was 2000 years behind everyone else.

They tried to learn everything they could about the planet the child was stuck on, and found that it was only a new planet, in a relatively new solar system.

They found that their child had been called as a Slayer, that she had new powers as such,  that she was stronger than anyone of her line before her, that she had been trained to use her powers to kill vampires and demons. They were horrified. The thought of the Princess, getting hurt hunting demons, applaud them. They knew that they had to get her off the planet as quickly as possible. But they also knew that with her Slayer powers were desperately needed, for the Vanquishers - the vampire race - terrible ships were still thrusting through space, and they were carrying death within them.

Then Queen Semarrite was suddenly murdered. No one knew how, or by who, but after ruling the Alliance for over 1000 years she was finally in peace. Tessionare woman were immortal. The Alliance had been going for 10,000 years and in that time they had only had 3 Queens, the first was Dimeara, her daughter and Semarrittes mother Tandira, and then Semarritte. Now they had Everynne.

That was the one thing that Buffy liked about the whole Queen thing. The immortality. She was 18 when she left Earth and would be on Allrelen forever. Her mother looked 18 when she had died, and so had all of her ancestors. That meant that Nimisha had a few more years of growing then she would stop. She liked to think of it a present for Angel. The ironic thing is that it came to late, but she always thought that if she ever got to see Angel again that he would be happy for her, that she gets to live forever like him. 

But the Alliance had no Queen. They knew that they had to get Buffy back and that she had to take her place as Queen of the Imperial Alliance.

So they had sent Afraya. Not only was he one of Semarritte advisers but he was also her best friend. He was sent to find Buffy and take her home. She didnt want to at first, even after she got her memories back, but she knew she had to, that not only her own planet depended on it and the Alliance, but the whole galaxy. Buffy was not foolish enough to think that if the Vanquishers over threw the Alliance, that they wouldnt attack Earth as well.

So she went. In the middle of the night, she packed her bag with the most important things of her life so far. Most importantly she got photos. Photos of Willow, Xander, Giles, Oz, Cordelia, her mother, she hesitated with those but threw them in anyway. She wanted something to show her daughter when she was born, she wanted her to know that she had people on Earth that loved her, and if they knew about her, that they would love her as well. She had also gotten some drawings of Angels that he had given her before he left for LA, ones of the both of them, so Nimisha could know what her father looked like.

She had climbed out of her dorm window in the middle of the night, bent down and kissed a sleeping Willow on the forehead in the prosess,  in the pouring rain, and had left. Without a note or anything. She had walked down the street and around the corner, there she came face to face with Afraya, who had hugged her tear ridden body to him.

She had burst into tears as he helped her into the car, shut the door, and told the driver the get them the hell out of Sunnydale. They had been sitting in the freezing car when Afraya had leaned over a touched her arm and all of a sudden the two of them had disappeared. 

The next second they were in Ireland, in the middle of nowhere, out in the forest somewhere and standing in front of a huge marble circle. It was huge, maybe 6 or 7 times as big as she was and about the same wide. It had symbols all over it, but they were in another language so she didnt know what they meant, but they looked a lot like Willows runes to her. She remembered asking Afraya what it was, and he told her it was a gate. A gate to the stars he said, if can take you anywhere.

He then went over to a large mushroom looking thing sticking out of the ground by the gate with matching symbols on it. He said it was called a Transceiver. He then began to push symbols one by one and where his fingers had once been the symbol started to glow. Then after he had pushed about 10 symbols the gate started to glow, and a great blue wave appeared out of it. Afraya lead Buffy over to the gate and gently pushed her in. She disappeared and when she came out the other side she was on Allrelen, surrounded in people, who when they saw her, all bowed deeply.

And the rest is history.

Buffy shook herself out of her day dream. She shouldnt be thinking of the past, she told herself. Suddenly she felt a warm hand on her shoulder. She stiffened and spun around. When she raised her tear filled eyes she found herself looking up into Afraya kind light blue face.

Oh Afraya what am I going to do? She sobbed. He sat down beside her on the marble floor and took her into his arms. He was about 30 and her best friend here just as he was to her mother. He was probably the best father figure she had ever had.

Hush now Buffy, its ok. He was the only one, apart from Nimisha sometimes, who called her Buffy. He always had and she found it oddly comforting.

I have to send her away, Afraya, they are making me send my baby away, just like mother.

She started crying harder now and Afraya was glad it was the middle of the night and the Palace was empty, for he didnt want to have to explain himself to the Palace guards if they found him on the floor hugging a sobbing Queen in his arms.

Maybe its the best thing for her at the moment Buffy. Put it this way, she will get to see her father.

Buffy stiffened in his arms, and slowly lifted her head to look Afraya in the eyes.

I guess. Then she started crying again, He is going to be so angry at me, if he finds out, I just know he is.

No, actually I dont think he will be. Hed be very proud of you, and I know that for a fact. But remember you dont have to tell him about Nimisha. She is going there to be Willows cousin, the rest of them dont have to know anything about her

That is an option I agree. But he does have a right to know about her Afraya.

Yes he does Buffy, but its up to you.

Wiping the tears from her eyes Buffy got up off the ground and turned to face her friend.

Quickly giving him a tight hug Buffy whispered in his ears, Thank you so much Afraya. If it wasnt for you, I think I would go mad sometimes.

He chuckled and said, Well, you have been ruling for just over 16 years, Allrel Time. I cant imagine how hard that is for you. I mean, when you got here you were thrust into taking your mothers place from day one, so if you did go crazy I wouldnt really blame you.

They both laughed quietly and he slowly released her tiny form.

Now go to your daughter and tell her whats going on, you know she doesnt like to be kept in the dark on important matters.

Buffy nodded and with a last grateful look at Afraya walked down the hallway and into her daughters room.

***

Buffy found Nimisha in the main room of their joint wing of the Palace. She was in the main sitting room, just off from the Parlour, comfortably sitting on a mass of different coloured pillows, about 3 feet of the carpeted floor. Buffy paused and leaned against the side of the doorway just content in watching her. She was quietly talking to her tutor while pondering over a book she held on her lap.

Watching her, Buffy couldnt believe how different she was to her, and how much she looked like her father. Long jet black hair fell to her waist in loose curls, and her huge, dreamy, green eyes had a look of frustration as she couldnt work out the problem. She was 16 and side by side Buffy and Nimisha looked more like sisters than mother and daughter.

Body wise, Nimisha was the same as her mother, pitite and graceful, she was barely the height as Buffy. But she also had the same regal aura to her as her mother, everyone said that when you talked to her, you knew you were talking to Royalty.

Frustration finally setting in, Nimisha threw up her hands in defeat and started to gracefully rise from her seat on the pillows. When she finally raised her large green eyes and saw her mother standing there, leaning on the side of the doorframe, her face broke out in a beautiful smile. She jumped up, ran over to her mother and threw her arms around her neck giving her a great hug in welcome.

Mother! Guess what? Me and Tanda played four games of cards and I won all of them! Im getting really good, soon I will be able to beat you!

Buffy laughed at her daughters enthusiasm as she put her arms around her tiny shoulders and lead her over to the nearest couch and sat down. Buffy flicked a finger in the direction of the tutor and the girl silently gathered her things and discreetly left the room, leaving the two scions in private.

Nimisha had noticed her mothers quietness and quietly asked what was wrong,

Mama, are you alright?

Buffy did not answer right away, thinking over her response. She was staring out the far window of the room when she answered, anywhere but her daughters sweet face.

No, not really, baby. She said quietly.

Nimisha looked at her in concern wondering what could be up with her usually carefree, happy mother. Just looking into her face Nimisha could tell that they was something terribly wrong.

She reached up and put one beautifully made hand on her mothers cheek, drawing her face around to look her in her eyes.

Nimisha drawled back in shock. Never had seen her mother looking so scared. Her eyes were full of such pain, and such fear, that Nimisha snatched her hand back in fright.

Mother whats wrong? She said a bit louder, a frightened note attached to her voice.

Buffy finally looked her daughter fully in her eyes, wanting to take the fear away from her face.

Oh Nimisha sweetie, Im alright.

No, your not mama. She said forcefully.

Buffy took her daughters hands in hers and held them tightly.

We were discussing something very important in the Council meeting tonight. Something that was actually on right on the top of the list...you know that the Vanquishers are getting closer to the outer Alliance dont you, Hon?

Yes, of course I do mama, Afraya came and explained it all to my a couple of hours ago.

Good. Im glad, he was always able to explain things better than me..... Buffy replied.

....Yes well, it seems that they are getting through our scout ships faster than we first intended. And if our calculations are right, they should be penetrating Allrelens atmosphere in 10 days and 3 and a half hours.

What? Nimisha whispered.

Theyre coming, baby, theyre coming here, to our home. Buffys voice come out as a sob. Nimisha looked her mother silently before saying,

Thats not the only thing is it?

Buffy looked down at her shaking hands for a moment trying to find a suitable answer, finally she gave in a said,

No. No baby, its not.

Nimisha just looked at her mother with a hard face, telling her to continue.

Captain Asten thinks we should get you off Allrelen. Buffy blurted out in a rush.

Nimisha stared at her mother like she was mad. She snatched her hands from her mothers warm embrace.

And do you agree with him Mother? Buffy winced and Nimishas cold, hard voice.

Oh Nimi, do not be angry with me, I have no choice.

Of course you do! There is always a choice! You rule this planet, Mother, you make the bloody choices for Christ sake! Just tell those stuffy, boring old men that Im not going! Nimisha was furious. How could her mother do this to her?

Buffy layed her hand on her daughters check, turning her face round to look her in the eyes.

I think, my child, you dont know just how important you are to this world, to our very existence. We can not risk you, my love. Everything stands in the balance, and if anything should happen to you...the worlds would all perish....You do know why that is, dont you, baby?

Nimisha regarded her mother with what Buffy would say was Angels unreadable brooding look.

Its because of my blood isnt it? He daughter said in a quiet voice.

Buffy smiled fondly.

Not only your blood, my child, but your whole existence. You are your mothers daughter... ...And my fathers. Nimisha finished the old family saying.

Knowing how much Nimisha loved her family history, Buffy decided to open up a little.

She looked at her daughter for a while, really looked at her. She sat there, on the couch with unconscious dignity. She was a Princess right down to her dainty toes. She was mature and had the grace of a cat. Sighing Buffy decided that it was time that Nimisha knew the whole truth of her existence. She was going to be very shocked, Buffy knew that, maybe even a little hurt.

There was a great deal more to Nimisha than most people thought. She wasnt just the Buffys daughter, Princess, and the future Queen, she had a unique history herself, and a amazing destiny to fulfil.

So Buffy began, quiet, and hesitant at first, but slowly building volume.

In the Old Books, written by my great-Grandmother, Dimeara, it talks of a great warrior. One that will save our worlds and stop the ever-going war with the Vanquishers. It was said that she would unite the two races, Human and Vanquisher, and we would live in peace forever to come.

Nimisha regarded her mother in confusion. Buffy had been telling her stories of their ancestors since she could remember, but she had never heard this one before. Even though she wanted to be angry with her mother, she felt herself drawn to the story, for it was faintly familiar in a strange way.

It said that she was the link. The link that, with her blood inside her, would unite the worlds and put a final stop to the killing.

Oh my God. Nimisha said, catching on with what her mother was hinting.

Buffy smiled sadly.

So you see, my child, you are the future. Your father is a Vampire, and your mother is the Slayer. Only you, with your vampire blood inside of you, can hope to stop them. Vampire vs Vampire, its the only way, beat them at their own game. You have powers inside of you that even I dont know about, that, when your ready, will be unleashed and you will bring to our worlds hope, and to our people, the knowledge that they must not give up, and that we will all be united once more.

So you have to go, my love, we can not risk you. We both have to play our part. We are the two most important beings in the galaxy, and I know now, that we were send here for a reason, that the Powers That Be have a plan layed out for us to follow, and that eventually we will be together and happy at last.

As much as I hate to admit it, Allrelen is in trouble. If the Vanquishers manage to come here, they will come after us first, baby, and I will not let them take you. I have given up to much, felt to much pain, to let those, those...bastards come here and take my home, my planet, without a fight.

Buffy looked down at her daughters face anxiously dreading her reaction. And as she feared Nimisha face was masked in horror. Slowly she brought her hands from her mothers grasp and raised them to her face covering her mouth.

Then she burst into tears.

Buffy couldnt handle it anymore, all the fear, dread, anger, and pain she had been bottled up inside for the past few weeks came pouring out, as she took her only daughter, her Body Heir, and only reminder of her past, in her arms and joined her crying as the world they had worked so hard for, that Buffy had left everything for, came crashing down around them.

***

They must have drifted off to sleep, because when Buffy awoke a couple of hours later she found Nimisha still curled up in her arms.

Buffy looked down at her daughters sleeping face and was pained to find that tears still stained her pale checks.

It was quite strange for Buffy to look at Nimisha sometimes. Since all Tessionare woman were meant to be clones of their mother, and have all the memories of their ancestors before them, Buffy kept expecting to see a replica of herself whenever she faced her daughter.

Males werent really important to the Tessionares. Whenever a child was needed, a contract would be signed and a match would be made with the a noble standing gentlemen of one of the Capital planets. They were never recognised as being the other parent in the social circles but in private, more than once, it had come to be that the father enjoyed his child company and often made arrangements to spend as much time with her as possible.

Occasionally, in the lower social circles, offers were put forward, and the highest, or best offer won the right to father the child, with the mothers approval, of course. But with the First Families, such as the Boyntons, the Savangels, most importunity the Tessionares, and many others, it was a matter of class, and the fathers reason, increasing status in First Family circles. It didnt really matter who they finally decided on in the long run, for the child always looked like her mother. The only thing the father really did was fertilise the egg.

But Nimisha was a different story completely. Never before had a child been fathered by a vampire, so no one really knew why she didnt look like her mother. But since Angel was Nimishas father she look equally like him, even more than Buffy actually, with her pale skin that never darkly tanned no matter how long she stayed in the sun, and her dark hair. She had only been born with half of the Tessionare memories, which horrified the Allrelen Council Ministers. But Buffy actually enjoyed teaching Nimisha all about her family history, mixed with her history, of Willow and the rest of the gang.

Nimisha loved it, she would sit in the Palace gardens, under a tree, and run through her head all the incidents that Buffy told her about: her first day at Sunnydale High, meeting Giles in the library, her first conversation with Angel in the ally, the other Slayers, Kendra and Faith, Angel loosing his soul, sending him to Hell, then coming home again, Angel and Cordelia leaving for LA, and lastly about her own departure from Sunnydale, and how hard it was on her. She had always to imagine what they were like, but she never could.

And now she was going to going to get a front seat view of what Buffys other life was like.

That thought brought Buffy back to the present and she knew she had to get here daughter ready for her departure. Gently she shook the girls tiny shoulder and Nimisha slowly opened her eyes.

She looked up at her mother with such love and trust that Buffy had to contain herself from crying again.

Nimisha was struggling to sit up and was rubbing her eyes when she turned to face her mother on the couch and said in a tired groggy voice,

It kind of just occurred to me that I dont even know where Im going.

Buffy smiled and said with a laugh,

Earth.

Nimisha looked at her mother in shock.

You have got to be kidding! Your sending me to Earth? When Buffy nodded Nimisha let out a happy yelp.

This is so cool! Finally. She suddenly thought of something and she grabbed her mothers shoulders forcefully,

Where am I going to stay? I dont even know anyone of Earth, there are only a few Alliance members living there anyway, just to keep an eyes on things, and I dont really want to live with them.

Your going to stay with Willow. Buffy said.

Nimisha froze.

Slowly she turned around at looked at Buffy.

Really? she whispered.

Buffy nodded again.

Nimisha didnt really know what to say. She had heard so much about her mothers best friend on Earth, but she never ever, in a million years, thought she would even see her, let alone live with her.

Wow. Was all she could manage to get out.

Suddenly Buffy jumped up off the chair and headed for Nimishas closet.

We have to get you packed. I told the Council we would meet them in the Gate room in 9 hours, and due to our little nap we only have 3 hours left. She said over her shoulder as she opened the huge twin doors and looked in side.

Nimisha stood and started to joined her. Then she stopped in the middle of the floor and looked at herself in the mirror on the wall.

Ahh... Mama? I think we have a problem.

Buffy turned and looked at Nimisha in confusion, before realising what she was talking about.

Oh yes, we do dont we?.

They both looked down at their clothing.

Buffy was wearing a suitable Palace medieval gown made of the finest silk. It was royal blue and fell to her feet in a cloud. She looked like something between Maid Marion in Robin Hood, and someone out of a King Author story .

It had very low shoulders and the sleeves were long, and they widening the closer they got to the wrists, but they had splits up the sides, allowing her arms to be seen when the material was moved a certain way, medieval style. It wasnt really a puffed out gown, like in Gone With the Wind, but the skirts fell in loose swirls to her toes. It had a low neck line, showing her bare neck and the top of her young breasts. Her hair, which had grown long on her 16 years on Allrelen, fell to her waist in golden waves.

On top of her head sat a beautiful crown. It was made of thousands of diamonds, which sparkled in the sun. It fitted on her head snugly, and from either side of her crown fell two tiny, silver chains. They met in the middle of her forehead were they met with a small birthmark on Buffys forehead. It was pale silver in colour and the shape of a crescent moon laying on its back. It was her Queen birthmark and she had it ever since that fateful night Afraya had approached her on protrol when she remembered her memories. On top of her birthmark, and what actually fell from the two silver chains, fitted a replica of the mark in the shape of a small crescent moon, laying on its back, also made from diamonds. It was the World Wide symbol of The Alliance, and if anyone saw the crown, or the birthmark they knew who she was just from that.

Nimisha gown was similar, but it was light violet in colour. It wasnt as extravagant as her mothers, but it was coming in close. Nimishas had cut of shoulders, leaving her arms and shoulders bare, which she covered with twin white arm gloves. Her black hair was neatly made up on the top of her head, and nestled in the middle was also a crown. Smaller than Buffys, but also made of thousands of diamonds. She also had the falling chains and matching moon that covered her silver moon-shaped birthmark, although it was slightly smaller than her mothers, pointing out her heir title.

Together they knew that, here on Allrelen they might have been wearing suitable Royal clothing, but on Earth they would stick out like a sore thumb, which was not they wanted at all.

I guess we are going to have to go shopping. Buffy said laughing loudly. Then she clicked her fingers,

I have just the thing. She then walked out of Nimishas room and into her own, her skirts flowing behind her.  A few minutes later she returned carrying a old backpack in her hands.

Nimisha recognised it at once, it was the only thing Buffy took with her from the other world, and inside were the photos that Nimishas almost knew off by heart.

When I left Earth I brought some extra clothes with me...dont ask me why.

Buffy then proceeded to rummage through the packpack until she had found two suitable outfits. Handing Nimisha one, she left her daughters room and changed. Buffy returned a few minutes later, and laughed when she saw Nimisha standing in front of the mirror, having a dreadful time getting into the pants she had given her.

Nimisha began to throw daggering insults at her mother, standing in the doorway, but took one look at her and her mouth fell open.

WOW! And you used to wear this stuff everyday? Goddess, I feel sorry for the males at your school. You look great Mama, you really do. You look so natural, and *so* like a teenager in that stuff!

Buffy raised her eyebrows and went and looked at herself in the mirror. She couldnt stop thinking how different she looked, now that all her special Tessionares traits had kicked in and were working in full force, she still didnt know all of them, and was discovering new differences, from herself and humans, everyday.

She was wearing a tight, bright purple sundress, which had straps and came up to her mid thighs. She had purchased it only two weeks before her departure, on a unusual shopping trip with Willow.

Her hair, which she usually wore up in the day, was loose, and fell in a shimming mass down her back. It had lightened up quite a few shades since she had left Earth, and shone a beautiful golden colour which was very uncommon on Allerlen. It also had acquired array of different types of blonde streaks, all different colours of yellow, it was actually quiet hard for people to tell what the colour was. Her hair had also gotten unusually curly, it now fell in very loose ringlets to her waist.

Her face was floorless, of course, as all Tessionares were. Her brilliant green eyes, which were unnaturally jade in colour, were piercing and regal, just as they should be. Her beautiful creamy skin was soft like silk, and lead down to her glossy red lips. They were slightly parted and revealed glimpse of pearly white teeth.

She wore no makeup.

Over all, she looked unnaturally beautiful, almost unearthly.

Looking at herself, Buffy groaned and slapped her forehead. Nimisha looked over in startled surprise, still trying to do up the back of her pants. She still had trouble getting used to some of Buffys Earthly actions, like slapping her forehead, why would anyone want to do that?

What, by the gods, is the matter? She asked her mother.

Buffy turned to face her daughter, raising her arms to point to her own face.

That is the matter! Anyone from the Other Galaxy, looking at me, is bound to know Im not from Earth. Look at me, Nimi. Ive been here to long, I dont even look human anymore! She stamped her foot and said in a angry voice, Shit! Then, noticing her daughter, she groaned again, a angry note easily noticeable.

Your not much better, Nimisha, look at you, you look bloody perfect! Damm this families unusual genetic makeup! She then spread her hands wide, Okay, most of the time, Ill admit I love looking like this, and having the special family traits, but sometimes, I just wish I looked normal.

Buffy walked over to her daughter and did up the back of Nimishas pants for her. She was wearing a pair of flared blue jeans and a light blue singlet top. Over top she wore a see-through summer over top, with short sleaves. Knowing Nimisha preferred casual clothing to anything fancy, Buffy had decided to bring her daughter into the world of fashion gently.

Oh well, we will just have to deal with that when we get to it. Giving her daughter a quick hug she produced a small travelling packpack from Nimisha closet and gave it to her daughter.

Pack what you want to take, nothing big though, and no clothes, Willow and I can take you shopping at the mall when we get there.

Nimisha was just about to ask what a Mall was, when Buffy turned to walk out the door, towards her own room.

Ill leave you alone for a bit, you can go see your friends if you want, say goodbye, I will come back and get you in an hour here, okay? She asked in a gently voice. Noticing her daughter suddenly sad and frightened face, she came up to her and wrapped her arms around her shoulders and gave her a warm hug, Nimisha returned it and Buffy gently rocked her daughter from side to side.

Oh Sweetheart, its going to be okay, I promise. It will only be for a few weeks, 3 at the most, just until we make sure the Vanquishers are well clear of Allrelen. Then you can come home and we will all be together again.

But we wont Mother! We wont all be together again! Its not fair!, Im finally going to meet my father for the first time in 16 years and then I have to leave again, and he wont even know who I am! When is it going to end Mother? When are all the lies really going to stop?

Buffy remained silent, just content on rocking her upset daughter in her arms.

Because, honestly, she didnt know the answer herself.

***

Buffy spent the remaining last hour on Allelen walking around the gardens. She was quiet scared. This would be her first time on Earth in, 16 Allrelen/4 Earth years. The lengths were exactly the same length as Earth years, 365 days, but somehow they just seem to go quicker if your out of the Alliance time zone, nobody could explain it, but that was just how it was.

She couldnt stop thinking how different her friends are going to look, they would be 22 now, and finished collage. And her she was, still the same at 18, and at the same time, looking so completely different.

What would they all be doing? Would Willow be this rich scientist? Would Oz be famous with the band? What about Cordelia? Would she be a big and famous actress? And Xander...to come to think about it, Buffy actually couldnt think of a job for Xander. What frightened her the most was Willows reaction. Would she be mad at her for leaving, and making everyone think she was dead? Or would she be happy that she had finally found her place in the universe, her own people, people that were like her?

Buffy shook her head. No, not everyone was the same though. Allelen was the main planet of The Alliance, and as such, was not only the Royal planet and home of all the palaces, and of course the main one, Buffy and Nimishas home, the Crystal Palace, but it was the centre for the trading and economic businesses. Off Worlders were always coming and going from Allrelen.

Although most of the Palace staff and the Allrelen Council were from Allelen, some were not, Thian and Afraya for example. Thian was from Debrien, and Afraya was from a distant Planet called Foltare. His light blue skin was proof of that.

Araya was among the only people that were immortal as well as Buffy and Nimisha. He was made immortal because he had been the Life-Mate of Buffys mother. Someone that, although was lower than her, could always be with her in her lonely position. Life-Mates did not help the Queens rule, they were only for comfort, and protection, (they were trained as bodyguards of a sort),  but as far the Tessionares were concerned, they were the best idea in centuries. When Semarritte was killed Afraya was heart broken, he had taken the death worst then the general public, (if that was possible, for everyone loved Semarritte), but he thought that it was his fault. He had not been with her at the time of her death and he had always beaten himself up for it.

Since there had been peace in the Alliance for over a thousand years, it was a happy time. All the planets got along and there were no disputes. The war with the Vanquishers had recently been won and everyone thought the peace would hold. They had sent Buffy to Earth years before, and were still looking for her.

And so *nobody*  thought there would be any threat to Semarritte, so she often took long walks in her favourite gardens by herself to get away from the ever-constant noise of the palace.

......Then one day she did not come back.

When they had finally found her, in her favourite garden, they had been horrified when they turned the corner and found her laying on the ground, with a poison knife inbeded in her back. She was not dead, but very close, the guards knew just by looking at her that she would be dead in a matter of minutes.

Afraya, who had sent the search party, had fell to her side, and cradled her head in his lap. Crying, he had told her to be brave, the doctors would be her soon. But she had just looked up into his deep blue eyes, with a look that held such love, that Afraya knew that Semarritte knew she would not live to see another rising of the moons. She was barely alive but she had managed to bring her hand weakly up to Afrayas cheek and told him that she loved him, and made him promise her something that he would never forget.

Find her...my love. Please by the gods, find my daughter Afraya.... And when you do...please love her, love her like you loved me....tell her she is my world...and how much I love her...and I will see her again soon...tell her I will never leave her.

She died then, in Afrayas arms.

Buffy wiped the tears that were falling on her cheek with the back of her hand.

And he had, she thought.  Afraya had done all that Semarritte had asked, he had spent every waking hour looking for Buffy, and when they had found her on Earth, the Allrelen Council knew they had to send Afraya to collect her, as fulfilling a dead womans dieing wish, and a dead Queen final command.

They had a wonderful relationship, Afraya and Buffy. Afraya had worked his way up from Buffys first friend, to her Second in Command. She had not passed one rule or order that she had not asked Afrayas thoughts on first. After all, he did know more about ruling the Alliance than Buffy actually did, he had been doing it for over 1000 years with her mother. But they were not only business, and personal friends, Afraya was also, really, the only link that Buffy had to her mother. She would come and ask him questions and they would sit for hours in her room, Afraya on the couch, and Buffy sitting on the floor, her head resting in her arms on his knees as she peered up at the only living link to her past on Allrelen.

Buffy knew it must be hard for Afraya to look at her, quiet frankly she didnt know how he did it. After all, she was a living ghost  to a dead woman. He tried to hide it, but Buffy would sometimes catch him looking at her out of the corner of her eyes, with a look of such love, and such yearning, that sometimes she thought he would come up a grab her and never let her go.

He could have left years ago, after he found her on Earth, saying that it was too hard to look at her, and she would have understood, but deep down she was glad he had stayed, she didnt know if she could have made it this far if he had not been by her side.

Buffy also knew that if she said so, he would have taken their relationship to the next level in a flash. But she could not to do that, not to her mother and most of all...

not to Angel.

She loved him to much, after 16 years of not seeing him she still loved him with all her heart. And that was reason she had not taken a Life-Mate. She couldnt bring herself to let some other man touch her, looking back she couldnt believe she had even let Riley kiss her at all. And she could not do it to Nimisha. Her daughter knew better than anyone how much her mother loved her father. And seeing her with some other man, Buffy knew, it would break her heart.

Sliding back into her own reality, Buffy found that she had unconsciously walked into one of the separate gardens. But when she looked around she gasped when she discovered just which garden she had walked into.

Her mothers garden.

The place she died.

The garden had been locked after Queen Semarrittes death, the orders of Afraya. It had been locked and the key hidden in one of the older files. Buffy had only found it by chance, she had been playing a game of hide and seak with Nimisha, who had been 4 at the time, in the older wings of the Crystal Palace, it was one of the rare times that she could spend with her daughter alone, she knew how much it meant to her. So after Buffy had practically ordered her minders away, she had spent the whole day playing in the wings that she had never been in before. While Nimisha had been hiding she had looked around the files, and to her surprise she had found the key, hidden under a stack of papers. After summoning enough courage, she asked Afraya what the key fit to.

Bad idea.

He had hit the roof. Demanding where she had gotten the key from, and yelling at her that he had locked the garden for a reason, that it carried death, and nobody was to go in the again. Buffy had been equally angry, saying that he had no right to lock the garden, that if people wanted to go the place where their Queen died and morn than it was not his decision to make. And in a rare moment, she had used her position to get what she wanted. She had told Afraya that she was Queen now, and if she wanted to go in the damm garden then there was nothing he could do about it. He had backed down of course, there was nothing else he could have done, but Buffy knew that he was hurt by her decision. They did not talk to each other in a week, and everyone in the palace was noticing the friction whenever they were together, Nimisha especially, she had always gotten on with Afraya very well, and he adored her in return.

So for Nimishas sake, and for there own, they compromised, Buffy would be aloud to open the garden, but only for herself and Nimisha, no one else would be able to enter it. It suited everyone fine.

Buffy often took Nimisha there for some quality time together. When Nimisha was little, Buffy would often sit her on the tree swing that Queen Semerritte had died on, (because it had been later proofed that she had been sitting on the swing when the attacker attacked her from behind), and just swing her for hours, and they would sit on the ground, Nimisha in her mothers lap, and watch the leaves, and flower petals fall to the ground from the tall trees above. More times than once Buffy had carried the sleeping little child back to the palace in her arms, after she had fallen asleep on her mothers chest.

And that was were she was sitting now. On the swing that held so many memories. She was rocking slightly and just content on listening to the trees move and the birds sing from the tree tops above. It was late Autumn and the ground was covered in leaves. The wind was blowing softly and it was picking up and playing with her long blond hair. Buffy felt suddenly quite cold in nothing but a Earthly sundress, and she started to shiver slightly.

Oh Mother.. She whispered to the air, Im so scared, what if something happens to her? And im left all alone on this planet? I dont know what I would do if anything happened to her, Mother, She means the world to me...

And it was then that she remembered what Queen Semirritte had said to Afraya only seconds from her death,

...tell her she is my world..and how much I love her...and I will see her again soon...

Buffy felt the tears falling down her checks and she brought her hands up to cover her face, sobbing quietly.

Oh Mama, why did you have to leave me? She demanded to the empty air, I never even got to see you once..or not really, those two weeks dont count. She gripped the swings ropes tighter in her small hands, as she looked up into the blue sky, Please dont take her away from me, mama, she is all I have how, she is all I have left, Id die if she was taken from me...please...I just dont want to be alone anymore. She was crying harder now, and she felt suddenly quite alone in the world.

Oh, but she could see her so clearly. With her beautiful kind face and her wonderful blond hair, looking up at her Buffy thought she looked like an angel. And as Buffy sat on the swing, she could see her, she was surrounded in light, and she could see her. And she looked at her daughter with such love in her eyes, and a smile on her face. Buffy found herself smiling as well, as she felt a ghostly finger reach out and touch her face. Buffy closed her eyes and fell into the touch. The finger slid over her cheek and wiped the tears away. Buffy moved her cheek into the palm of the hand, her eyes still closed.

You are not alone, my child, remember...you will never be alone....Just look in yourself and you will find me...I promised you I would never leave you....and I never will...I promise

And as she started to rise again, and Buffy felt the touch disappear, she smiled down at the girl sitting on her swing.

I am so proud of you, my love.....

Buffy started to cry again, as she felt the presents leave her, but she knew it would be okay, she knew everything was going to be okay.

And she opened her eyes.

The ghostly presents was gone.

Looking around Buffy noticed that everything had gone dead quiet. No tree seemed to move, and no bird sung in the tree tops. Actually, all the birds seemed to be staring at her, wondering as well, what just took place.

Feeling her body come back to her Buffy found that she was no longer cold, in fact, she seemed to have a warm flush on her cheeks, and he whole body felt toasty warm. Looking up at the sky once again, Buffy wondered what just happened.

Thank you mama. She whispered to the empty sky.

***

Buffy collected Nimisha a few minutes later from her room. Together they walked to the gate room, gripping their hands together so tightly as if they feared they would loose each other. Their backpacks were flung over their shoulders.

They walked down the main corridor of the palace, people stopped what they were doing and stared, the atmosphere was a frighten gloom, but the two scions were indifferent to it all, they didnt speak. There was no need, everything had been said.

People followed them, wondering what could possibly be wrong, and why they were wearing such strange clothes. As they passed the public boundaries the guards  fell into place and the crowd was forced to stop, they could go no further. As Buffy and Nimisha kept walking, guards fell into step beside them and Buffy looked over her shoulder at the crowd of people behind them. They were looking at her with dread in there eyes, if they knew something bad was going on, something that shouldnt have to happen.

Buffy locked eyes with Tanda, Nimishas tutor, and the girl of 27 years had a look of old wisdom, and pain in her eyes that Buffy could swear that the girl thought that her charge was never coming home. Buffy smiled sadly at the girl, as if trying to reassure her dark thoughts, and Tanda smiled back sadly to her Queen. The girl was one of the only people who knew what dreadful event was going to happen, the public worlds would be told when Buffy and Nimisha were well off Allrelen.

Buffy tore her eyes from the tragic sight. She held her head high, straightened her back, and strode ahead of the others, pulling Nimisha behind her. The guards hurried to keep up with the pair.

And as they walked under the massive archway leading into the ancient gate room, Buffy raised her eyes and looked at the huge symbol of the crescent moon, the same as on her forehead, which was hanging from the archway, it had been there ever since the beginning, when her great-grandmother Dimeria had first formed the Alliance 10,000 years ago.

Buffy took a deep breath and walked under the huge archway, and the gate suddenly formed in her view.

It was huge. That was the only thing that could be said. The giant ring stood tall and proud, the most dominant thing in the room. Looking at it, Buffy had mixed feelings, for it was what had taken her to Allrelen, and given her Nimisha, but it was also what had taken her away from her family, and friends, and the life she had known.

She stopped and looked up at the thing, loathing and loving it all at the same time. She knew, as she took in the symbols all the way round, that they was one of these on every planet of the Alliance. This was how people travelled from planet to planet, through this gate. Every planet had a gate on its surface, and every planet had a code. If you wanted to go to a certain planet all you had to do was typed the code into the Transceiver, and when the gate was activated you stepped inside, when you come out the other side, you are on your destination.

Queen Dimeara had discovered the original one years before she formed the Alliance, and had her scientist clone the foreign metal and make hundreds of them, one for each planet. Earth had one of its own, it was in Ireland, of all places, but Buffy thought it fit. That what Buffy and Afraya had used to get off Earth the first time, and it is what Buffy and her daughter would use to go back there today.

That thought jolted Buffy back to the present. Looking around she noticed that everyone was waiting for her. Nimisha was ahead of her and had stopped to see what the matter was. Buffy gave her daughter a reassuring smile and fell into step with the others. As they climbed the ramp leading up the Transceiver and the gate itself, Buffy could feel every set of eyes on her, looking up at her, as they waited for her to complete her part in the process. Turning around she sort of a particular set of eyes.

Finally she locked eyes with Afraya and gave her head a little nod, telling him that he could continue. He nodded in return, and proceeded to tap in Earths code of symbols onto the Transceiver. When he had finished the gate came to life. The symbols on the gate that matched the ones Afraya had typed in on the Transceiver glowed blood red. But still the gate would not open, it seemed to be waiting for something, and Buffy knew exactly what it was. 

If you are travelling to a nearby planet, one that is not on the Outer Rim, which is actually 98% of the planets, you can use the power of the Transceiver to make the distance. But if it is not, you need to far larger source of energy than the Transceiver to power up the gate. And there is only one of being in the galaxy that has enough power in her that is more than the gates receiver, and that was the Queen. Dimeara had made it that way so it would not get out of hand, and the criminals could not run to the Outer Worlds.

So slowly Buffy walked up to the front of the gate. Straightening her back and raising her head to look the gate straight on she raised her right hand, her left laying comfortably at her side. She could feel the power pulsing through her veins. Flattening out her hand she pointed it palm first, fingers up, towards the gate.

She felt the birthmark come to life on her forehead, as the power was called forward to do what it was born to do. Without looking at the moon she knew that it had turned a bright silver and to anyone looking at it, the outline would seem to be flashing. Naturally Buffy closed her eyes as she guided the power up from the deep, and felt its need to free itself. Suddenly, a royal blue flame shot out of Buffy fingertips, and into the gate itself. Tendrils of the power branched out and attached over the each flashing symbol.

Buffy could not explain it, but whenever she did this: opened the gate through her Tessionare powers, she always felt incredibly light, and carefree, it felt as if she was coming home.

Finally, when all the symbols were covered, Buffy sent a final burst of energy, and the gate opened. A shimmering blue wave flew out of its centre and then withdrew, forming what looked like a vertical wall of water, but Buffy knew that if you were to put your hand on it and push, it would go straight through to the other side.

Slowly she let her hand drop to her side, cracklings of energy still dancing on her fingertips. When she finally opened her eyes, she brought her fingers up to gently touch the still flashing moon on her forehead. With the contact of her skin it started to withdraw, and change its colour back to normal pale-silver. Weakly she dropped her hand back to her side, as her head started to spin. Stumbling, she didnt hear the occupants of the room cries of dismay, and she didnt notice the nearby guards reaching to steady her from falling.

It just took to much out of her. She, and everyone else, were glad that she only had to do it once or twice a year, for they all knew what it did to her, it nearby drained all her strength, Slayer or not. She might have been the only one who could do this, but it still was hard. It was amazing in its self that she had enough energy to open it in the first place, because it just took up so much power, that it almost killed her to do it.

She faintly noticed that Afraya had taken her arm and was steading her. He, better than anyone, knew what a hard ritual it was to complete, he had seen with his own eyes, Semirritte bed-ridden for days after only one transfer. It just left them so weak, that more time than once, Queens had collapsed from the shear exhaustion of it, and were left unconscious for days before they got their energy back.

He started to lead her over to a nearby chair but when she noticed his intention, Buffy made to push out of his arms. But Afraya ignored her protest and firmly sat her down in one of the seats.

Looking around she noticed that Nimisha had been lead over to one of the closer seats and she was talking to Thian, who had just handed her a cup of steaming liquid. Nimisha was enjoying the conversation but she would keep shooting Buffy anxious looks over her shoulder. When she locked eyes with her daughter, Buffy smiled weakly and Nimisha returned it with a smile of relief, knowing that she was okay.

After Buffy knew she had regained enough strength to stand on her own she handed back her half drunken cup and proceeded to rise from the seat, ignoring to protest from the people around her.

Im fine, dont worry. She spread her hands wide, See, I can walk and talk, and I think I have just enough energy to walk over to the gate without help. As she tested her step she found that she could, and breathing a sigh of relief, started to move around more freely. Afraya still guided her over to the gate entrance, Nimisha once again at her side, Thian not far behind. Everyone else stayed back, just stood and watched Buffy, Nimisha, Afraya, and Thian walk up the ramp and stand before the opened gate.

Are you sure your going to be alright? Afraya asked, worried.

Yes, we will, I can handle it, Afraya. Buffy replied

He was still worried, and Thian too, had a worried look on his young face.

Buffy sighed, Look, you guys, we can handle it. Its going to be okay, nothing is going to happen, I swear. I will be back in a few days, think you can run the fort here until then? She asked the two men. They nodded silently, and Buffy knew that still didnt want to have to do this.

To reassure them, Buffy embraced Afraya first, giving him a warm hug of thanks, and then Thian, saying thank you as well. Nimisha did the same.

Are you both very sure you can path that distance? Youve never been in a situation where you had to before, so are you both very certain? Afraya asked.

Well, honestly dont know, but we should be able to, right Nimi?

Nimisha nodded, her eyes flickering over the imposing gate, not enjoying the fact that she had to walk in it.

Remember, when you get out the other side, port straight to America, straight to Sunnydale if possible, just get as further away from the gate and Ireland as you can in the quickest amount of time, you dont have much of it, so use it wisely. Thian said, reminding them what they had to do.

Knowing they had to get going, Buffy gave Afraya and Thian one last reassuring smile and followed Nimisha up to the top of the gate. When they stood only a few centimetres from the doorway, they stopped.

Nimisha hesitantly reached out her hand and slowly pushed her finger through the wall, it disappeared. Drawing her hand back, Nimisha frowned and said,

I really hate going through these things, mama, they creep me out.

Buffy laughed, still weakly holding on to Nimishas arm to steady herself.

Me too, baby, me too. Come on then, better get going, we will be here forever otherwise.

So, not looking back, the two scions gripped hands and, as one calmly walked into the gate.

They disappeared.

And hundreds of people waiting outside the room, started to scream, as they sensed their lives would never be the same again.

Chapter Two

*Earth*

She was falling, floating. And freezing. In an endless blackness. There was no start, and there was no end. The sides wizzed past her but she seemed to be going so much slower than the rest. There were white specks in the walls, she noted, but they were not moving.

It was Chaos.

Stars and planets shot past her, as she travelled the endless pathway. And then there was an End, a bright light that out shone everything else. She reached for it, her fingers stretching but not quite touching. Fear clutched her heart, and she started to scream, grabbing her head, wanting it all to stop.

Then he was there. He reached out from inside the light and grabbed her hand. His large fingers wrapping around her tiny hand, and he pulled, fingers interlocked. Her hand that he was holding felt warm, as if wherever he touched her skin, warmth was pulsed into her. Warmth, and peace, and love.

She smiled. And then she could see his face. His beautiful dark face. He was looking down at her, love and laughter in his eyes. He let go of her hand and she gave a cry of loss. But she found that she still move towards him. He opened his arms wide and she floated into them.  He folded his big, strong arms around her tiny body, crushing her to his bare chest. Bringing her face up, he cupped her chin, running his fingers over the plains of her face. Her nose. Her eyes. Her lips.... Then he brought his lips down and she fell into the kiss.

She had waited so long.....

She closed her eyes, sinking into his embrace. But once again she felt herself falling, being ripped from his arms. She gave a cry, and searched again for his face.

There he was, she smiled.

But he was leaving her, floating away. Away from the End.

She reached for him, going back the way she came. Grabbing him around the waist. But he turned around and gently took her hands away. She started to cry, not understanding, but he leaned over and kissed her on her forehead, the moon flashing beneath his lips. He gently reached up and touched the moon, his eyes opening in amazement.

Slowly he turned her around, turned her towards the End, that suddenly seemed so far away. He gave her a little push. She started to float away, not being able to stop it. She reached out her arms, but he just sat there watching her float away. She screamed out his name, but he just looked on happy and serine, peaceful.

And then she understood.

Her face broke out in a wonderful smile, and she stopped struggling against the pull. She let it take her. Slowly she turned back around, facing the bright end. And then he was there.  Pulling her through. A happy understanding smile gracing his lips.

And she knew.

She had to let go of the past, for he was in her future.

***

When Buffy finally opened her eyes, she found herself looking into Nimishas identical jade depths. The girl was frowning slightly, a worried look on her dark, pale face. Slowly Buffy sat up, rubbing the back of her head. Looking around she was pleased to find herself sitting on grass, surrounded in trees. Nimisha was shivering slightly, and she soon joined her.

Are you alright? You must have been weaker than we thought. I came out the other side and you just collapsed on the ground, gave me a hell of a fright.

Her daughter helped her up, and she leaned against her tiny shoulders.

Is it going to be this cold in America? Nimisha suddenly asked  Cause I bloody hope not, im freezing out here!

Buffy frowned, still weak, and shook her head, I dont think so. Its going to be summer in California, anyway. She was still shivering.

But Nimisha barely heard her, she was looking around her in awe. They were in one of the huge forests that were still located in Ireland today. They seemed to be in a sort of clearing, but trees were all around them, rising to their massive heights. Nimisha had never seen trees so high.

The gate was located behind them, surrounded in vines and other types of wild life, partly hiding it from human view.  Privately, Buffy thought that her great-grandmother had made a good choice in placing the gate here, for it was so deep in the forest that humans probably would never find it.

It wouldnt really matter if they did, for they would have no idea what it is, and wouldnt have a clue how to turn it on, Buffy mused.

Nimisha slowly took a step forward, amazed at all the different and foreign kinds of trees and flowers. Looking around her she couldnt believe how green every thing was, on Allrelen there was different colours of everything, blue and red, yellow, and white, there were endless colours of the trees and flowers, even the animals were different colours.

At the palace, she had a pet, (Buffy had told her looked something like a human cat but it was a bit bigger, about the size of a large dog), that was a pale purple colour. Her mother still had trouble getting used to seeing Sava walking around, she kept thinking it was some kind of demon.

Walking around the clearing, Nimisha slowly brought her hand out to touch a dark green fern, amazed a its rough texture. She was speechless. Everything was so beautiful, she couldnt manage to get out one word.

Walking around slowly, she made her way around a group of trees.

And gasped in surprise.

They were standing on some sort of cliff, looking down on the endless stretch of forest. A beautiful sunrise was on the horizon and Nimisha couldnt tear her eyes away from the wondrous sight. All she could see was trees. Never in her whole life had see ever seen so many trees in one place. Birds darted and swooped in the air, enjoying the early morning breeze.

Before that instant Nimisha had only the tinniest glimpse of what her mother must have been going through. Now she knew.

So this was what she had left behind.

Thinking back, she remembered only now, how many times she had gone looking for Buffy in the Palace but could never find her. Climbing the endless stairs that lead up to the tower she remembered thats where she always was. Looking out the high window, staring out at nothing.

She remembered laughing, and running to her as fast as her chubby little legs would carry her, and her mother would look down at her and scoop her up in her arms and together they would watch the morning or evening sunrise. And Buffy would be clinging to her, holding the little girl to her chest as she feared that she would be ripped from her arms and she would never see her again.

She would always tell her about what Earth was like. About the great animals that lived in the ocean, the whales, and the dolphins. About the great plains of Africa, the endless cities of America. About the beautiful buildings in Italy, and France, and the huge pyramids of Egypt. And about Cleopatra and Jesus, Joan of Arc, Princess Diana, the Romanov family of Russia and all the famous people in history.

The Council didnt like that much. They thought the future Queen had no use for useless information like that. But Buffy didnt care. She knew that her daughter would someday go to Earth. And she wanted her daughter to know as much about the world as possible.

But nothing she had ever known could prepare her for this.

It was simply the most beautiful thing she had ever seen.

Turning her head she looked at Buffy, who was still at her place in front of the gate. Her mother was watching her with a sad expression on her face.

Beautiful, isnt it? She said quietly, though from the tone of her voice, she already knew Nimishas answer.

Nimisha nodded, Yes it is, it's amazing. She finally managed to whisper.

Buffy silently walked over to stand beside her. She placed one delicately made hand on her daughters shoulder and began to speak.

Whenever im lonely, or generally having a crappy day. I just close my eyes and think of this, the beauty in the world. She spread her arms wide, including everything.

I think about every single breath of life, every lion, every orca, every leaf, every flea, and that makes it all better, you know? I just think that I had to do this, I had to leave my friends, my family, and my home, for all of this. If I didnt save it, no one else could. And that usually makes me feel better.

Nimisha nodded, not speaking. She knew what her mother was talking about.

It just so beautiful... She said at last.

Yes well, it might be beautiful, but the last time I was here it was the middle of the night, so I wouldnt have a clue where we are. Buffy said dryly.  Also I wasnt in the best shape. I was so busy crying and in shock to noticed we werent in the car anymore. I think that was a blessing to Afraya, I dont think he was up to explaining how we travelled over 1,000 miles, a couple of seas, not to mention a few countries, in a couple of seconds.

Nimisha laughed, picturing how the shy Afraya would have managed to explain anything to a crying and frightened teenager.

Well, as much as I would love to show you Ireland, I dont think we have time on this trip. Buffy continued.

Taking the hint, Nimisha bent down and picked up he discarded backpack which she had dropped on the ground. 

Where are we going to port to? Are we going to go straight to Sunnydale or try something a bit bigger? Nimisha asked, eager to be on the way.

Buffy didnt answer at first, she seemed to be going over her opinions in her head. When she finally answered her daughter, her voice was soft, but firm.

How do you feel about having a little de-tour on the way? You always said you wanted to see LA, why dont we go there first?

Nimisha frowned at her mother, wondering what the hidden reason was.

But Afraya and Thian said...

Afraya and Thian arent here are they? Buffy said, interrupting her. She had a mysterious smile on her face. What they dont know, wont hurt them, and we will only be there for a few hours at the most. There are just a few places that I want to see in LA before we get to Sunnydale.

Suddenly Nimisha knew exactly why she wanted to go to LA.

As it drawned on her face, Buffy smiled, knowing Nimisha would love this.

Father... Nimisha whispered. Her eyes opening wide. He lives in LA..... The rest went unspoken, but they both knew what this meant.

We cant get to close, he will be able to sense me and he cant see you... At Nimishas suddenly sad expression she added, Yet.

The girl face perked up and Buffy chuckled, Well see, Nimi. I can show you the office if you want, its probably where he spends most of his time anyway. Theres really only my fathers house, and my old High School to look at so we should be only be a hour at the most.

The girl nodded, stunned at the thought of seeing all these places she had heard so much about in her childhood.

So LA it is. Buffy said, I know just the place, so just follow my lead. Are you sure you can make the distance? When Nimisha nodded she said brightly Okay then, lets go.

Both woman slowed their breathing and tried to calm there breathing. Slowly they closed their eyes. As the moons on their foreheads once again started to glow, they both started to feel rather light headed.

Then as one, they disappeared from their spots.

Porting as it was called, was a common thing in the Alliance. More than half of its population could do it, even if it was only for a few miles. Porting was the art of transporting yourself and/or others over distance. The trick normally took years to learn and then, only the very sensitive could do it, for most people found it rather tiering. You can only travel over land, and it was impossible to travel through space.

Buffy and Nimisha were naturals, and had mastered the trick after only a few lessons. Buffy had shocked her teachers after successfully managing long distance after only two hours. When Nimisha was finally aloud to learn, (when she was six) she had been not to far behind, only taking four or so hours of practice. Many people found that it was a very handy tool, and if it anything, it kept the traffic down in the cities. All you had to do to operate it was form a picture in your head, and want to go there. Less than a micro-second later, your were.

It was rather hard to transport other people and yourself though. You usually have to use the energy of the other person, mixed with your own. Thats why Afraya had touched Buffys arm that night in the car, he was catalysing Buffys power into his own body, allowing them to make the port. Buffy, of course, hadnt been able to use it then, she didnt know how, so Afraya didnt feel guilty using her (at that time unknown) powers.

So thats what they doing now, transporting themselves over the thousands of miles of sea and land.

Buffy arrived first, less than a second after she had departed, Nimisha not a blink behind her. Getting her bearings Nimisha looked around and found herself behind a large building out of the sight of people.

They were in some of school, Nimisha realised, and it must be lunch time, for there were people walking all around, laughing, talking, and generally having a great time. They were standing on grass (exactly the same on Allrelen, Nimisha noted relieved) and were behind one of the classrooms, standing in the shade, but she could hear people not far away, laughing in groups. Shielding her eyes Nimisha looked up at the sky and was shocked to find only one moon.

Stunned, she turned to Buffy (who had been watching her reaction with amusement) and pointed up at the sky.

You never told me there was only one moon! Wow, Ive never seen a planet with only one moon before, Allrelens got 12! she said excited.

Buffy laughed at her daughter enthusiasm, but stopped when Nimisha went to move out in the sunlight away from the building. Using her Slayer reflexes, she reached out and grabbed Nimisha arm, pulling her back behind the building.

Nimisha! You cant go out looking like that! She said, a little angry at her daughters forgetfulness.

Nimisha look at Buffy in confusion before her eyes widened when she got what she was talking about.

Her hands flew up to her forehead, feeling the power pulse through the still dormant birthmark. Grimacing, she shot a apologising look at her mother, who was living up to her role as such, and looking at her with disapproval, her hands on her hips.

The reason we are here, Nimisha is to get you away from the Vanquishers, and you know very well if they see that moon on you head that they will instantly know who you are, and where your from. That is why you cant use your powers *at all* when your here on Earth. Your probably going to be around Giles and the others a lot so you can not use your powers. Her hands flew up in the air,

Because then the birthmark will start to glow and they well see it and know your not human, and our whole plan will to Hell.

Suddenly her face crumpled and she looked very scared. Nimisha, I dont want anything to happen to you, you have to promise me you will not use your powers here, but if something bad happens and you really have to, please make sure you dont do it in front of *anyone*.

Nimisha nodded, silently promising her mother. Then she frowned.

What are we going to do about it? Is there anyway to cover it up?

Smiling, Buffy brought her hand up and quickly waved it in front of Nimisha birthmark.

It disappeared.

Nimisha look at her mother in shock. Then her hands flew up to the place where the moon had once been. Shaking her head she looked at Buffy in confusion. Noting her reaction Buffy did the same with her own, and once again it disappeared.

Its just an allusion, Nimi, its not for real. If you dont use your powers the moon will stay covered, but as soon as you do, it will be uncovered again, so thats why you *mustnt* use them in public.

Nimisha nodded, understanding.

But Nimisha was still shocked. At home it was an honour to be one of the two only people in the worlds to wear the mark. She would never dream of taking it off.

Seeing all was well, Buffy asked brightly, So, do you want to get going? Well go to the office first, for its only a couple of streets away, we can walk if you want. Don't get your hopes up though, there probably wont be anyone there at this time of the day.

Nimisha didnt mind at all, and so with that they walked from out of behind the building, and across the school grounds to get to the road.

Nimisha noted almost instantly that people were staring at them. Whole groups stopped their conversations to stare at them when they walked past. She wasnt really surprised though, with Buffy lightness, and her own dark complexion, they looked for all like a striking pair of High School students. Nimisha smiled at the thought. People would never think that the 18 year old looking girl standing beside her was her mother.

They managed to get out of the school grounds without getting confronted by any jocks looking for fresh meat, and made their way down one the many main streets of Los Angeles.

Nimisha tried to take in everything, and was amazed at what she saw. There were people everywhere, primitive car-like things wherever you looked. As they walked past shops, Buffy had to practically drag her down the street, for she kept stopping and looking in the windows.

They walked past a vendor selling flowers and to Nimisha delight, Buffy got her a bundle of Lilies, all different colours. She hugged to flowers to her chest, smelling them, and generally acting like a over excited tourist. The vendor looked at her strangely when she asked Buffy what they were called, only to have the man give her a 5 minute lesson on the different kinds of Lilies.

But the closer they got to the office, Nimisha started to get very nervous, her hands shaking, and almost biting through her bottom lip. Buffy grabbed her hand and gripped it tightly, seemingly needing the comfort as well.

But when they walked around the corner and the building came into view, Buffy couldnt help but gasp. It looked exactly the same, well maybe the trees around it had grown a bit, but apart from that, the building looked the same as it did the last time she saw it.

They stopped and stared at it for a few minutes. All different thoughts flowing through their heads.

The building that held so many wonderful memories.

So this is the place where I was made huh?

Buffy laughed, swatting Nimisha on the arm, but the tension was broken. Looking around Buffy saw that there was not a car in sight. Nimisha seemed to come to the same conclusion, for the both looked at each other, mischievously grinning from ear to ear.

What do you think? Could we make it? Nimisha asked, grinning.

Buffy shook her head, but the smile wouldnt leave her face.

Nimi, we cant!, what if someone sees us?

Oh, come on mama, you know as well as I do that there is no one round for miles. We will be gone in a few minutes, so they wont have time to tell on us.

Buffy pondered this for a few seconds, but the temptation was to great. Quickly they moved over to the side of the building and started to look in the windows.

They did this for a few minutes, but adventurally got separated, Nimisha staying around the front, but Buffy going around the back, seeing if she could find anything there.

Nimisha couldnt believe it. She was finally here. Okay, so looking through her fathers windows was hardly respectable, but hey...

Can I *help* you?

The voice was firm, but rather high, and it was definitely irritated.

Nimisha spun around, knocking a pot plant over in the process. Banging her knee, she started to swear, but it died on her lips as she raised her face to yell at the person for startling her, and found herself looking up at one Cordelia Chase, her dark eyes boring suspiciously down at her.

Nimishas mouth dropped open.

Her eyes just kept getting bigger and bigger on her shocked face.

With her hands on her hips, Cordelia silently looked down at the smashed pot plant, then back at Nimisha, and raised her eyebrows, seemingly waiting for an answer.

Looking over Cordelias shoulder Nimisha could see Buffy coming around the corner. She was looking down at the ground, deep in thought. But when she was about 10 feet from them she finally raised her eyes, and like Nimisha, her mouth too fell open as she saw her daughter being confronted by a very angry Cordelia.

Buffy froze on the spot. Wide eyes darting back and forth from her daughter and High School friend.

Quickly she bolted back behind the building, out of sight. Nimisha let out a relieved breath she didnt realise she had been holding.

Cordelia was still staring at her, and by the look on her face, Nimisha sensed that she was getting madder by the minute.

I, ah, um, was, um..looking for the front door! I couldnt find anyone, so I decided to look around and see if the place was actually open. Nimisha deliberately kept her eyes open wide, going for the innocent, lost little girl look.

Oh! Cordelias whole face lit up, her eyes once again adopted the wide-eyed, happy look, and a brilliant smile graced her lips. 

Well I actually work here so I can take you round if you want. But by the way Nimisha noticed that she kept looking down at her watch, and her perfect hair and clothing, she could tell that she wanted to get going.

No thats okay, It wasnt really that important anyway. she said.

Cordelia stared at the girl for a long time. Never had she seen such a beautiful child. She looked about 15 but there was a definite innocent look in her dreamy eyes. Her black hair was loose, and fell down her back. Cordelia frowned, she was sure that she had meet this girl somewhere before, but couldnt put a finger on where.

She looks a lot like Angel. She noted, and put it down to that.

But she still couldnt shake off the strange feeling she got from this girl. The look she had given her when she first saw her was priceless. She was definitely shocked, that was clear, but it was something else. It was like she had knew me, but had never actually meet me before.

Strange.

So you work here? Nimisha asked, quickly trying to start a conversation.

Yeah I do. Five years and still counting. Cordelia was obviously glad for the company, Nimisha guessed that standing with anyone was better than standing alone.

Nimisha faked a frown, But you dont own it?

Cordelia barked out a laugh, much to Nimisha surprise.

Noticing that Nimisha was indeed serious, Cordelia looked down at her like she was mad.

Are you kidding? No way, Why would I want to own that dusty, old building? uhh, Angel can have it.

Nimisha ears pricked up at the mention of her fathers name. Oh well , she thought. Might as well get as much info as I can get.

Angel, is that your boss?

Cordelia smiled fondly at the use of her friends name. She obviously held him in high esteem.

Yeah he is, and also one of the greatest guys on the planet.

Nimisha smiled slightly.

Does he live round here?

When Cordelias eyebrows shot up she added meekly,

I mean, it must be pretty hard to find a car park if he had to drive to work everyday.

Oh, no, he lives in the building, there is an apartment underneath the office, he likes it down there.

Nimisha faked another frown,

But dont his wife and kids mind living under the ground?

Gotcha.

This obviously hit a nerve. Cordelias whole face crumpled, replacing it with a worn, tired look and Nimisha could tell that she was opening old wounds that never probably healed.

Angels not married.

It was barely a whisper, but Nimisha heard her. Cordelias voice was full with pain, and anguish that Nimisha drawed back in surprise.

Im sorry, you obviously dont want to talk about it. Giving Cordelia a way out.

But Cordelia wiped her eyes with the back of her hand. Lifting her head, Nimishas respect for the woman raised another few notches.

No, no its okay, just a bit of a terrible topic thats all.

What happened? Nimisha asked quietly.

She died.

Nimisha grimaced.

Oh shit , she thought, they *do* think shes dead.

Im, um, i'm sorry.

Well I am , she noted forcefully, they have had to suffer for four years without her, while i've had her to myself for 16 .

Cordelia was looking down at the ground, shuffling her feet.

How did she die?

Cordelia was still looking down, her eyebrows drawn together in confusion.

We dont know, she just disappeared. We never saw her again.

Well, then she could still be alive! She could have just run away! Wanting to see what her answer for that was.

If possible the girl looked even sadder.

Trust me, She whispered, She wouldnt do that, not again. She had to much going for her.

Knowing she had to get going, Buffy would be beside herself, Nimisha quickly ended the conversation.

Oh well, Ive got to go, I hope your friends okay.

And with that she spun on her heals and quickly marched across the street.

But she heard Cordelias gasp of surprise, and her in take of angry breath.

Well! That was rude! She huffed. Continuing to glance at her watch, she waited for her ride.

As soon as she was out of sight, Nimisha rushed behind a bush on the other side of the road. Finding Cordelia, she sat and watched as she waited for whoever was picking her up.

Is she still there?

Nimisha startled and jumped about a foot in the air.

Dont do that! She hissed at Buffy who joined her behind the bush.

Excited, Nimisha turned to her mother and started quick fire questions.

Has she changed? Did she look the same?

Well, I didnt really get to see that much of her, Nimi, Buffy replied dryly, But the back of her head looks the same as I last saw it.

Mama! Nimisha said laughing.

Just then they saw a car pull up with a dark haired man at the wheel.

Doyle Buffy whispered, eyebrows shooting up, smiling broadly in surprise.

Nimisha peered through the bush, looking at the half-demon that held such a large part of her fathers life.

They couldnt hear what they were saying but by Cordelias angry hand movements, and Doyles grimace, Buffy could tell that she was pissed at having to wait.

Same old Cordelia.

She was exactly the same. Well, action wise. She physically looked different though.

Older. More mature.

Buffy decided that she suited the new, improved look. She had cut her hair, which surprised Buffy to no end, she had always thought the hair was off limits. It now sat just above her shoulders in a new, chic look. Over all it made her look more mature, and business looking.

Her clothes sense hadnt changed much. The same fashionable top-of-the-range outfits, even if they were more subtle and not so overdone.

At 22, Buffy thought that she was even more beautiful than in High School.

But it was what look she found in her eyes that surprised her the most.

Having been at the receiving end of Cordelias wrath many a time, Buffy had grown to learn all the hidden looks that the girl held. She had always looked at Xander with what Buffy would call  tolerance but the look that she graced this man in the car with were full of such love that Buffy was startled speechless. She never knew the girl could show such emotion in public.

Even when she was angry.

LA had done the girl good. It had not only toughened her up, but it had made her into a real woman. She didnt have her parents money to rely on, she had to use her wits.

They continued to watch in fascination, from their hiding spot behind the bush, as Doyle apologised profoundly to his lover, while Cordelia looked on, telling him to continue whenever he stopped for a breath. 

Finally, after she had told him to stop, they watched her take her seat in the passenger side of the car and together they drove off.

Buffy followed them with her eyes even after the car was out of sight. Then she sat back, stunned. She had just seen the first glimpse of her forgotten life for the first time in 16 years.

***

As soon as Doyle started to drive away from the building, Cordelia told him to floor it.

Why? Weve got ages before we have to be there, the movie doesnt start for another hour. The Irish half-demon asked in confusion.

But Cordelia didnt answer, she had turned around in her seat, and was looking for something behind them.

Delia, what are you doing? Doyle asked frustrated

I was just talking to the strangest girl Doyle. Before, when I was waiting for you. She had the most beautiful hair I had ever seen, pitch black, and it was so long, right down to her waist, I swear.

Doyle sighed, So the girl was strange cause she ad nice hair?

Doyle, Cordelia laughed, and turned back around. But then she was staring down in her lap, fidgeting.

She was asking questions about Buffy.

Doyles head snapped round in startled surprise. His eyes opened wide.

Really? What kind of questions?

Well, she started by asking if Angel was married, then asking where she was, how she died, that sort of stuff.

Doyle looked at her for a moment, saying nothing.

He knew better than anyone how hard Buffys death was on Cordelia. Deep down she had cared for her school friend very deeply. She was devastated when they got the news.

Cordelia coughed, and discreetly pointed to the road. He turned his eyes forward, but continued to remain silent.

Well, what do you think? Cordelia asked, when she couldnt take the silence.

Doyle didnt look at her, but she noted that he was gripping the steering wheel so tightly that his knuckles were white.

When he finally did answer, his voice was hard, strained.

I think we need to talk to Angel.

***

The meeting with Cordelia had placed a strange gloom over the two girls. The rest of the trip in LA was strained and both Nimisha and Buffy were on edge. Buffy, because she was no longer certain that her plan was going to go as planed, and Nimisha, because she couldnt she couldnt think what was wrong with her mother.

Buffy wanted nothing more than to get to Sunnydale and see Willow.

They spent a few more hours in LA. Buffy showed her Hemery High School, the house where she had grown up in, and her fathers home now.

She didnt know why she did that, since Hank wasnt technically Nimisha grandfather, but she put it down to time. 18 years had a lot of it. She had thought of Joyce and Hank as her parents for all of those years, they had been the only parents she had ever had, ever since she was a baby.

Even now she still found herself referring to Joyce as Mom much to the disapproval of her Council. As far as they were concerned, Semerritte was her mother, period.

But Buffy knew Joyce a lot more than she would ever know Semerritte, they couldnt argue with that. She had been the one who had sung her to sleep, helped her after she had grazed her knee, who she went to when she first got her period and almost had a heart attack, when she had first kissed a boy.

There were things that you just could not change, no matter how technical you went.

She remember what a hard time she had when she first came to Allrelen. The nightmares especially. The were horrible. She was in an endless blackness, surrounded in people yelling at her, calling her evil for leaving her friends. Then she would see Willow, covered in blood, from head to toe. She would be cursing her. Yelling that she was the most evil thing on the planet for leaving them and sentencing them to death.

She would wake up screaming. And Afraya would be there. He always seemed to know whenever she was in trouble. A sixth sense. The dreams still came, even after she had Nimisha. Even now she still couldnt count how many time the baby had been woken up by her screaming.

All she had wanted was her mother. Was for Joyce to come in and tuck her in and kiss her good night. Like she used to do when she had Slayer dreams. So she would wake up and reach for her mother, but remember that she was not here. That she was not in her own room. Her own bed. And her face would crumple and she would start to cry.

She was utterly alone.

Thats why Nimisha meant so much to her. The girl was her life. The only thing that was remotely to do with her other world. She was surrounded in people that she didnt know, that werent really a thing like her. And she had felt utterly alone.

***

They had lunch in a small cafe that Buffy had gone to often with her parents before their separation. It was by the sea, and Nimisha couldnt stop staring at the endless ocean that stretched out before her.

Although Allrelen was a water planet and there was probably more water on its surface than on Earth, it was frowned on for First Families to be seen swimming in public beaches. And since most of the beaches anywhere near the Crystal Palace were public, Nimisha and Buffy didnt get much chance of swimming in the sea, they had to make do with the palace swimming pools.

Buffy laughed at the girls expression, promising to get Willow to take her swimming at the Sunnydale beach.

They had just finished their lunch when Buffy looked down at her watch and gasped.

Nimisha looked up from her plate of pizza, (which she loved, and made Buffy swear would make for her when she got back to Allrelen at leased once a week) in surprise.

Whats wrong?

But Buffy didnt answer, she got up quickly, and dropped a few notes on the table to pay for their meal.

Nimisha got up and followed her mother towards the back of the cafe. Only when they were both in the toilet stall did Buffy thrust her watch in Nimishas face.

Nimisha grimaced, when she saw the time, they had been in LA for over four hours.

Alright, we *really* have to get going. Im going to lead us to one of the most discreet places I can think of in short notice. You ready? At Nimisha nod she continued Alright then, lets hit the road.

And with that, they both ported out of toilet stall.

They were already gone when the staff member hesitantly knocked on the toilet door and asked,

Are you all right in there?

And of course, she got no answer.

***

The discreet place Buffy was talking about turned out to be the cemetery.

Nimisha took one look around her and burst out laughing.

Buffy looked sheepishly at her daughter, looking for an excuse. Well I said it was discreet didnt I? And behold my success, not a person in sight. She looked proudly around her, hands on her hips.

Nimisha was looking around, noting how the cemetery was the actually the same as back home. It seemed that it didnt matter what side of the galaxy you were one, dead means dead.

Well, unless your talking about vampires, Nimisha mused.

She looked around at the place that her mother had spend so much time in protroling. It was late in the afternoon but Nimisha guessed that come night, this place would get *a lot* scarier.

Quickly Buffy lead the way out of the cemetery. They got past the gates, when Buffy suddenly stopped.

What now? Nimisha moaned out loud. All she wanted was a warm bed, and about 20 hours sleep.

But Buffy barely heard her, she was staring straight ahead, into nothing really.

You know, it might not matter to you, Nimi, but its just occurred to me that I wouldnt have a clue where Willow is. She wont be at the dorm anymore, since shes finished Collage, and I dont think she would have moved back in with her parents.

She tilted her head, and an expression formed on her face that told Nimisha that she was thinking.

What we need is a good source of information. Someone that knows everything that happens in town, vampire *and* human. Nimisha said, but she couldnt for the life of her think of one.

But by the look on Buffys face, she had.

***

Willies bar was closed, but Buffy knew it would be opening soon, they only had a few minutes of sunlight left.

And she really wanted to get to Willows before then.

Breaking the locks, they silently walked in, and Nimisha instantly scrunched up her nose, disgusted at the cigarette smell.

They found Willy behind the bar, facing the wall, polishing bottles. They stood in the doorway and looked around.

The lights were low, no doubt to hide both the decor and the patrons. The dirty chairs were up on the tables, but the floor had yet to be cleaned, probably any time this month.

He hadnt seen them yet, they were in the shadow. But when Nimishas nose couldnt take it anymore and she finally sneezed, Willy stiffened, but didnt turn around.

His sighed and his shoulders sagged.

Uselessly he threw the rag he was holding over his shoulder.

You know, is it just me or are people getting dumber by the day? He sighed again. When the sign says closed, I bloody well mean it!

Buffy laughed quietly, and Willy stiffened again.

He would know that sound anywhere.

Slowly he turned around, and the broom he had been holding in his right hand cluttered to the floor as he stood there, speechless.

The figure moved slowly into the room, and Willy sucked in a breath

Jesus, Mary and Joseph. He whispered in a stunned voice, wide eyes glued on the woman standing in the middle of his bar, wearing a bright purple sundress.

Buffy smiled sadly, hands clasped behind her back.

Willies eyes suddenly shifted over Buffys shoulder, as he noticed Nimisha come out of the shadow and stand behind her mother. He frowned in confusion. He couldnt stop thinking how much she looked like another dark person that used to follow Buffy round in the shadows.

But the glance were only gone for a second, before his eyes were once again fastened on the blonde womans face.

There was absolute silence in the room, no one even breathed. They just stood and stared at one another.

Buffy finally broke the silence.

Hi Willy. She said brightly, Been keeping out of trouble?

And despite himself, he smiled.

Buffy...

Then suddenly he shook himself out of the spell, and glared at her.

Very pissed.

He started to walk over to them, taking big, long strides. He grabbed her by the shoulders and shook her, hard.

Were the *Hell* have you been?!

Buffy flinched at the tone of his voice. Nimisha let out a frightened cry. That was enough to get Buffy *very* angry.

Get your bloody hands off me, you asshole! She threw off his hands and proceeded to land a kick right in his shins. He howled in pain.

What the hell did you do that for? He yelled, holding his leg, jumping around on one foot.

What the hell were you thinking when you grabbed me?! She bent down and grabbed a fist full of his hair, forcing him to look at her. She put her face inches away from his and looked him right in the eye.

You should know better than to grab a Slayer, Willy. Thought you were smarter than that.

Okay, I sorry, just let go of my hair, would you?, your bloody hurting me! He yelled.

Ill do more than hurt if you dont stop yelling, do you want everyone to know im here?, huh Willy? Go find all you seedy little buddies and tell them that the Slayers back in town?

She gave his hair and final tug, ignoring his cry of pain.

You tell *anyone* that you even *saw* me and I swear to the gods, I break your neck. She waited for a few seconds, and when she was certain he wasnt going to yell, she released his hair. He stumbled back and landed on his butt on the ground.

Shacking his head to get the ringing out of his ears, he finally lifted his head...

...and found himself graced with the presents of two of the most beautiful woman he had ever seen.

Buffy stood slightly in front of the other, who was obviously a few years younger than the Slayer. Willy frowned as he noticed the way she seemed to be protecting her. Why would she do that? Looking at the girl, he was sure she could take care of herself.

Buffy was standing legs slightly apart, a definite fighting stance, although by the look in her eyes, he was surprised to see that she didnt really want to pummel him. Her blonde hair was flying around her back like a cloud, clashing with her partners beautiful black hair. Willy decided that he like the new longer look, but by the length of it, it would seem to take more than four years to grow that long.

The girl with her was a strange one though. Her eyes were all dreamy like, and she was looking around taking everything in. She looked at the chairs, and frowned in confusion. Silently she whispered something in Buffys ear from behind. A small smile formed on the Slayers lips even though she didnt turn around, she stood facing Willy who was still laying on the ground.

Its a chair. You know, like the ones we have in the Council room?, you sit on them.

The girl nodded, the confused look left her face.

But it was Willies turn to frown.

She doesnt know what a chair is? Where the hell does she live, Mars?

Buffy chuckled, and the girl finally smiled. It was so beautiful that Willy sucked in his breath.

Not quite, but your not far off.

Willy stared, eyebrows raised.

Slowly he got of the ground, and faced his two guests. As soon as he stood up, the dark haired girl moved back to stand behind Buffy, staring at him with frightened eyes.

Buffy finally backed off, lowering her hands. Willy noted that the movement was far more graceful than it used to be.

So.. He tried again, Are you going to answer my question, or are you going to leave me guessing?

Ive been around. She answered firmly.

Willy barked out laughing so suddenly that Buffy jumped, startled.

He was bending over in a fit of laughter, slapping his knees.

You better come up with a better excuse than, Slayer. I dont think that your friends are going to like that answer very much.

Buffy stiffened, and Willy noticed.

She didnt want to tell him, that much was clear. But there was a look in her eyes that stopped Willy from asking again. It was pain. Old, unhealed pain, the kind that doesnt go away very easily.

He straightened, took a seat down from the table, and straddled it. He put his hands on the back and rested his head on them.

He noticed that the girl was watching him, fascinated. Like she had never seen anyone sit like that before. She was looking him up and down, studying him. And he didnt like it at all.

Would you quit looking at me like that! He barked, and she jumped, surprised, like she wasnt used to having people yell at her.

Watch it! Buffy warned. Dont you dare yell at her!

Sorry, sorry! He held his hands up in a peace offering.

An awkward silence settled over the room.

So I guessing that you havent come to see your old friend Willy just for a chat, am I right?

When she gave in and nodded her head, Willy continued, So what do you want? Money? Weapons?

Information, Willy, I want to know where my friends are.

He nodded his head, expecting as much. After the Slayers disappearance he had made it his business to keep tabs on the remainder of the gang. Not that he cared, he just wanted to know in advance if he should get the hell out of town. Now that the Slayer was gone, nobody expected them to last very long. They had surprised everyone though, they were all still alive and kicking, and had even stopped some pretty bad evil in the process.

He sighed deeply and gestured for them to take a seat.

They took one look at the chairs and remained standing.

Their all alive, if thats what your worried about. He was pleased to see her sigh of relief, guessing what the Slayer would want to know first. 

Then he got serious, They were pretty cut up when you went missing though, didnt have a clue where you went. The Witch, ah, whats her name..

Willow. Buffy offered.

..Yeah Willow, she took it really badly. Worst than the rest actually. Wouldnt stop crying for a week. They had everyone looking for you: the police, even thought they knew they wouldnt find anything. Even the Watchers Council sent out searches. But you had just vanished without a trace. They funny thing is, I dont think they ever thought you would have run away or anything, when they couldnt find your body they just knew you were dead. Like I said, cut them up really bad. He stopped and looked Buffy right in the eyes.

You shouldnt have done that, Ill tell you how. It was incredibly selfish of you to just take off in the middle of the night like you did.

Buffy frowned, annoyed, Its not like I had any choice in the matter, Willy.

His eyes opened wide and his mouth formed a O shape. He leaned forward, You were kidnapped!?

Buffy massaged the bridge of her nose. Not really, no. It was my decision. She stopped and looked at Willy, Just get this straight, I didnt really want to go.

He frowned again, and leaned back, Well, where in the gods have you been then?

Buffy decided to open up a bit. What the hell, who cares? He cant do anything.

On a planet about 100 light years from here, called Allrelen.

She had expected him to laugh, but he surprised her, he was obviously smarter than he looked. Years on the Hellmouth had obviously knocked some sense into his tiny brain.

But his eyes opened even wider, if possible, and his mouth fell open in shock.

Please, please, tell me your kidding He jumped off the back of the chair in one clear movement and backed up until he was pressed against the bar.

Buffy smiled sadly. No actually, im not.

He was looking at her if she had grown another head.

Jesus, Slayer, what the hell were you doing there?

Taking over my mothers place as their Queen. She said simply.

He just stood there staring at her. Then his brows knitted together in confusion and he said,

Huh?

Buffy sighed, My *real* birth mother was a woman called Semerritte. She was the queen of the Alliance, a group of planets, about 100 light years away. When I was born they had to send me to Earth, cause the worlds were at war. When the tried to get me back they couldnt find me, and they spend the next 30 years searching the galaxy for me....

Willy, who had been staring at Buffy the whole time, suddenly held up his hands telling her to stop her story.

I dont really care for details, darling, and quiet frankly I dont want to know anything that is going to get me killed. He rubbed his hands over his face and Buffy noticed that his hands were shaking. He stopped and peered at her through his fingers. Finally he dropped his hands to his side, standing up straight, more confident.

Just tell me one thing, and I swear Ill never ask you any thing else.

Buffy waited, dreading what he was going to ask her.

Finally he blurted out,

Who the hell is she?!

Buffy laughed, and he stared at her, eyebrows raised.

Willy, she said, smiling, Id like you to meet Nimisha....my daughter.

She enjoyed the shocked look that brought to his face.

Your daughter? He managed to get out. He frowned in confusion, But she must be at least 14.

Hey! Nimisha yelled angry, Im 16 and a half, thank you very much.

Somehow that didnt make Willy feel much better.

You dont have to know any of the details, Willy. Honestly I dont think your brain could handle it. When he nodded, fair enough, she continued,

What I really came to you for, was Willows address..dont look at me like that Willy, I know you have them all. You were just waiting for the vampire with the most money to come along and then you would have given it to them in a flash.

Willy spread out his hands, Thats my business, Slayer, get on with it. He scowled.

I know Willow is not at the dorm anymore, theyve all finished school, so I dont know where she would be. Nimisha is going to be staying with Willow for a few weeks, if shes aloud, and I really would like to get there before sunset. But somehow I dont really think thats going to happen.

Willy looked at them for a few seconds, then sighing, he got up and went out the back of his shop. When he returned he was holding a little green notebook in his hand. When he reached them Buffy made to grab it but Willy pulled back.

Never in my born days did I ever think I would end up helping a Slayer. Oh, what the Hell.

He then proceeded to flick through the book until he came to a certain page. Carelessly he ripped out a page and thrust it in Buffys face.

She is living somewhere out on South Queens Street. Shacked up with that wolf boyfriend of hers, got themselves a nice little burg. Mommy and Daddy werent very happy with the news, but funny enough, they didnt seem to care a Hell of a lot.

Ushering them to the door, he pushed them out on the pavement.

Go on, get lost, dont want any of my regulars to see me talking to the likes of you.

He was talking in a gruff voice but Buffy could tell that he was quite proud to be able to help them.

Gently she layed her hand on his arm. Surprised he looked down at it, as if stunned she would waste a warm touch on him.

Thank you Willy, I will never forget this. Reaching up on tippy toes she gave him a quick kiss on the check. He blushed, but his eyes softened a little bit.

Laughing softly he flicked his hands in their direction, and turned to go back in side.

Save your kisses for that boy of yours, Slayer, yourll be needing them.

And with that he shut the door in their confused faces.

***

As they made tracks silently across Sunnydale, Buffys eyes were open wide, looking at everything. She couldnt believe it. Here she was. In Sunnydale. For the first time in 16 years.

It hadnt changed much in four years, the Espresso Pump was still serving beautiful hot coffee, the Bronze was still in action. They actually had to walk past that to get to the address Willy had given them on the piece of paper. There were high school students standing out side, talking and laughing, waiting in line to get entry. They could hear the loud music blasting from inside, the fake lights flashing all different colours in the night sky.

As they walked past Nimisha stopped to have a look at the building that had held so many of her mothers memories.

Good and bad.

Looking at it in disgust, she had to admit that she thought it was one of the most ugliest buildings she had ever seen. It just stood there, black, and boring. The buildings on Allrelen were beautiful. Works of art really, they had been there for over 10,000 years and were still going strong. The Crystal Palace, which was Buffy and Nimishas home, was the oldest and the most beautiful of them all. The whole outside was made of solid crystal. It had taken over 10 years to complete, but it was worth the wait. It stood, higher than any building known to Earth, with the beauty and elegance that represented the Tessionare line. People came from all over the galaxy just to look it. It was a symbol of all what the Alliance stood for:

Peace

Love

Order.

And Nimisha knew that if the Vanquishers were able to conquer the Alliance Scout Ships, it would be the first thing that they demolished. It was a symbol of the peoples hope.

Shaking her head, she had to run to catch up with Buffy who had walked on ahead. Falling into seet with her mother she couldnt help but notice how quiet she was being.

Are you okay mama? She asked gently.

Buffy looked up and Nimisha was surprised to see that Buffy had gone quite pale. Her eyes were full with fear.

Yeah, im okay, I just really want to get to Willows. But I am so scared of her reaction though. I just hope to the gods that she doesnt hate me for what i've gone and done.

Nimisha grabbed her mothers hand and held it tightly. She brought it up and kissed her knuckles in support.

She wont hate you, mama. If all that youve told me is true, then I think she will forgive you, she will be very proud of you. You sacrificed a lot, and she knows that.

Buffy forced a smile, but Nimisha knew she wasnt convinced.

They walked the rest of the way in silence. Nimisha was to busy looking around in to talk anyway. As they passed places that Buffy knew she would point them out to her.

The bus stop that Xander spend the night in. The playground where Buffy got some of the demons blood on her and was able to read minds. Angels old apartment. They stopped and had a look in there, and to their surprise, it was still empty.

But finally they turned into South Queens Street. Walking down the road they stopped when they found number 18. Turning they walked around the white picket fence and into the short driveway. They walked through the small white gate and started up the pathway.

The garden was on either side of them, and the smell of herbs filled the air. Looking up, Buffy was confronted by a simple but cosy one story bungalow. It was a light green colour and trees surrounded the house shooting up everywhere from the medium sized front lawn. There was a swing set on one of the large Willow trees and it was swinging slightly in the evening breeze.

As they got closer to the front door the sound of laughter filled their ears and they looked at each other in surprise.

Are they having a party? Nimisha asked a nervous smile playing on her lips.

Buffy didnt answer, her eyes were glued to the old wooden red door. A broom hung above it and ingraved in black ink in the doors centre were the words:

Harm none, do what thy will

And despite Buffys fear, she smiled slightly.

Pulling Nimisha closer, not letting go of her hand, she climbed the front steps and raised her hand to knock.

And stopped.

Buffy let out a ragged breath and only then did she realise that her hands was shaking.

She was paralysed with fear.

Nimisha looked at her, a bit frightened. Do you want me to do it? she asked quietly.

Buffy finally shook her head, but let her hand drop to her side.

Slowly she turned to her daughter and the girl saw that tears stained her checks.

Oh, mama. Nimisha said sadly. Not really knowing what else to say.

But then Buffy brought her hand up and waved it in front of Nimishas forehead, the birthmark showing once again. Quickly she did it to her own, and they both shone beautifully with the nights sky.

No lies, no allusions. If we are going to do this, we have to tell them everything, not leaving anything out.

Nimisha nodded, agreeing. But she could see just how hard this was on Buffy. Her whole body seemed to be shaking.

Buffy sucked in a tight breath and squared her shoulders. Lifting her head she brought up her still shaking hand and firmly knock twice on the old wooden door.

The laughter in the house had died and she could hear someone walking toward the door.

Please by the gods, Willow, forgive me.  She whispered,

just as the old wooden door was pulled opened and another chapter of her life closed.

Chapter Three

*Earth*

Willow and Oz werent having a party. Well, not with anyone else anyway. They were playing a game of Remember, just the two of them. When a funny memory would come up they would howl with laughter and roll around the floor of their sitting room by the fire, in fits of giggles. They had the night off, and Giles said there wasnt any big evil coming their way, so they planed a simple, no-fuss night for themselves.

It was all about to change.

They were in the middle of talking about a exceptionally funny moment two years prior when Xander was in the middle of fighting a huge Kacren demon, that unbeknown to them had knifes all over its body in secret hiding places. Two seconds, and a few slashes later, Xander was laying on the ground in only his undies with his pants around his ankles looking up in bewilderment at the demon, who had barked out laughing, forgetting its post and giving Oz a perfect opportunity to stake it.

Willow was on her back, on the ground in front on the open fire, holding onto her stomach to try and stop the convulsions that were racking her body. It was just too funny not to laugh. She would never forget the priceless look on Xanders face and he found himself pantless and on his butt.

Oz was sitting to her left, leaning up against the cream oriental sofa. His hands were behind his head and he was watching in amusement as his mate rolled around the ground giggling uncontrollably.

And then his pants wouldnt fit and he had to walk home wrapped in Giless tweed jacket! He looked like Sherlock Homes!

This set Willow off again.

Buffy would have loved that, Oz said ironically. She was always telling Giles to wear something else, then he goes and flogs it all off onto Xander.

As soon as it was out of his mouth Oz regreted it.

The beautiful smile was wiped from Willows face and she looked like she was going to start crying at any moment. She sat up slowly - the moment gone - sighed deeply and said in a small voice,

Yeah. Yeah she wouldve.

When Oz saw the tears that had started to form in Willows eyes he said in a sad voice,

Oh baby, im sorry. You know how my foot likes to live in my mouth.

But Willow was already wiping the tears away from her eyes quickly, trying to be brave.

No Hon, its okay. You were only being truthful. She sighed, rubbing her shaking hands over her face,

Its me. I       !"#$%&'()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?@ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ[\]^_`abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz{|}~just have to try and except that she dead.... She gave Oz a sad half smile, 

...I have to except that shes not coming home.

Oz just looked at her, not speaking. There was nothing to be said. He knew, as did everyone, how hard Buffys disappearance had been on his mate. She had been gone for over four years and there were still times when Willow would not speak for days. She would just sit on her bed, looking out into nothing, a sad look on her pixie face. Anniversaries were the worst. On the anniversary that Buffy had disappeared she would not even leave the house. Wouldnt even leave the bed most of the time. On those days you werent even aloud to mention Buffys name. It you accidentally did, you would be greeted with Willow bursting into tears and running from the room. Most people would not put up with that kind of reaction four years after the subjects death, but this was different. They all knew that Willow blamed herself for Buffys death. She had sworn blindly that she had seen Buffy go to sleep the night before. They believed her of course, but the fact was that when morning had come:

She was gone.

Nobody could explain it, they just didnt have a clue what happened. One minute she was there the next she wasnt. Willow had the strangest dream the night before hand, she could have sworn that she felt someone kiss her forehead. But when she had woken up the next morning and leaned over to have a good laugh about it with her best friend she had found the bed empty and nicely made. Instantly she knew something was wrong.

Buffy *never* made her bed.

She had gotten up out of her bed slowly, without speaking. Silently she walked over to the bed, peering down at it, a blank expression on her sleep-filled face. Then she noticed something that she had not before. There was something in the centre of the quilt. Bending down she ran her shaking fingers over the beautiful object.

It was some kind of necklace.

Her brows had creased together in confusion. Never in her life had she seen anything quite like it. It was made out of a Silver material that she could have sworn, that with all her science knowledge, she could not name. The delicate silver chain was tiny, beautifully thin, made out of thousands of little circles all joined together. But it was what was in the centre what surprised her the most. It was shaped in the Goddess symbol, she noted. A circle flanked by two crescent moons. In the centre was a small brilliant red stone, looking something like a ruby. There were foreign symbols circling the stone. Actually bordering the outline of the whole pendant. They look like some kind of runes, she guessed. But whatever they are, their old. Actually the whole thing looked old. Very. It had to be one of the most beautiful things she had ever seen. And she could tell, just by looking at it that it was powerful. The whole thing radiated of power.

When she had shown it to Giles that afternoon he had been as lost as she had been at what it was. Pondering over its origins for almost five hours didnt make the slightest bit of difference. They were all at a loss. All they knew was that it held some significance to their beloved Buffys disappearance.

What confused them the most was Angels reaction to it. He had been walking, rather pacing, round Giles apartment, deep in thought, (after rushing down from LA with Cordelia and Doyle when Giles had told him the news), and had just picked up the necklace unconsciously, his fingers nervously walking over most of Giles in reach possessions. As soon as his pale fingers had touched its surface he had jumped back from his standing place like he had been shot. Dropping the piece of jewellery in shock, he had stared down at the thing from his position on the other side of the room. Everyones heads had snapped around, wondering in surprise what his problem was. But he had ignored them all. Only continued to stare down at the necklace, his face transforming into one of wonder, amazement, and funny enough, stunned pride.  Very slowly he had walked forward, bent down and gently picked it up. Amazed, he had run his fingers over its surface, almost lovingly, taking in all the little details.  When Giles had finally managed to get his attention by walking over and shaking his shoulders roughly, the vampire had locked eyes with Buffys ex-watcher and Giles was surprised to see that tears shined in his usually un-readable dark eyes.

Its the necklace, Giles. He had whispered, almost desperately. Its this necklace. This is where shes gone.

None of the others knew what the hell he was talking about. They just stood there staring. Staring at the man that had held such a important role of their friends life. Who she had fallen in love with when she was only 16. And they all knew then. They all knew that all must be forgiven. For there was absolutely no chance in finding Buffy at all if they couldnt forget the past, let in rest in peace, and get along together.

Then Angel had silently - without a word - walked over to where Willow had been sitting on the couch with Oz behind her, and stood in front of them, staring down at her. Slowly she had risen and looked up at the man that she had, unbeknown until then, shared a great deal: The special friendship of a wonderful girl - and later - the love of a beautiful woman that had touched all their hearts.

He had smiled sadly down at her and Willow could have sworn that he knew exactly what she had been thinking. She blushed. Very gently he had reached down and grasped both her small hands in his larger ones.

Look after this for her, Will. Shed want you to have it, but dont let it out of your sight. Its powerful, Willow, just like her. And we have to protect it like we protected her.  When she had burst into tears he had gently bent down and kissed her on her forehead. Pulling his hands away she looked down and felt the necklace laying face up in her palm.

And that was what she was doing now, staring down at the necklace that sat nestled in her small hands. With a sigh she let it fall back on the chain it was attached to that sat around her neck, just as it had for the past four years. It was the only clue they had to Buffys disappearance. Never again did they ever find any clues to where she had gone. After about a year they all started to except the fact that she was not coming home. They started to get on with their lives.

But not Willow and Angel.

Everyone thought, and it was probably true, that they would continue to search for their friend for the remained of their lives, and Angel for many years after that.

And so, as Willow sat crosslegged on the floor of her home, she remembered the great friendship she had with her best friend. And what a powerful person she had been.

Oz was watching her, concerned. But she put on a brave face and smiled in his direction. He smiled back at her, but she noticed that his was very forced.

Without speaking he held out his hand and she took it, clasping it tightly, loving him even more if possible for understanding her so well...better than anyone now.

The doorbell broke the silence. Brought them both out of their calm, deep thoughts.

Oz looked at his mate with a look of annoyance written all over his face.

Who the hell would be calling at this time of the night? He said after glancing down at his watch.

Its probably just Giles or one of the others, Willow said as she sighed and got up of the warm floor.

You can stay there if you like, She called loudly over her shoulder, as she pattered down the light green carpeted hallway in bare feet. If its anyone important Ill bring them in.

But she too was a little confused as to who it could be. All the rest of the gang had keys, since it was one of the main meeting places. Xander and Anyas apartment was too small, and with all their toys they kept lying around the place, no one really wanted to got there anyway.

So, as the red door came into view down the hallway and she made her way towards it, she had no way of knowing that her next action would spin the life she had made for herself and Oz into a spiral, that over, she would had no control.

****

But what she didnt expect, when she slowly opened the old, red, wooden door was to be confronted by the most beautiful pair of green eyes she had ever seen. They seemed to sparkle in the nights sky. The huge green emeralds seemed to pierce to her very soul as she watched her. Their owner was just as beautiful, long curly black hair falling past her waist. She looked about 15, and strangely enough, too delicate to be walking the streets at all hours of the night...especially in Sunnydale. The girl was wearing day clothes, Willow noted, and was shivering in the cold. But what made Willow most uncomfortable was the fact she was also looking at her in awe. Her large, dreamy, green eyes were opened wide and she was frozen on the spot. Like people meeting a movie star for the first time and not knowing exactly what to say in fear of embarrassing themselves.

Can I help you, child? Willow said, stumped at what the girl could possible want at this time of the night, but trying to make her more at ease. Willow just hoped she wasnt selling anything.

There was a quick in take of a breath behind the door, and Willow realised that they was someone else with the dark haired girl.

Oh, im sorry, Willow said, terribly embarrassed, I didnt see.....

But her words were cut off as she pulled the door open to its full length and saw the person standing next to her first guest. Even before she pulled the door open to its full reach she knew what she was about to see would change her life...again. So she was mildly surprised to find the first thing she saw of the newest arrival was a mass of blonde hair. And a lot of it.

Her face drained of all natural colour as she went a deathly pale, and she moved her line of vision down to her girls face.

The same high forehead....

The same green eyes.....

The same button nose.....

Oh God....

She barely heard the sickening cry that was lodged in her throat as she quickly took a step back, her arms frailing to grab hold of something, anything that would make this vision go.

But oh, the vision took her breath away.

It couldnt possibly be her...No. Not now, she told herself firmly, not when she had finally gotten her life back on track.

But yes, Buffy was standing there, her arms wrapped around her body, shivering. She was looking at Willow like she might burst into tears at any moment, but was trying to will herself not to. But she looked so scared. Like she feared Willow would slap her, or even worse, slam the door in her and her daughters faces when they needed her the most.

Buffy.... It was barely a whisper but they both heard her. It was a desperate, strangled cry from the bottom of her soul. Something she had wanted to say for such a very long time.

And she really was standing there. Clad only in a purple sundress that if anything made her look even more delicate than before. She looked different. But not older. If anything, she looked younger than she had when she left. Her face had lost all of the hard set Slaying lines of before, and now was smooth and soft, all her wonderful curves rounded to perfection. Her eyes were larger and softer, dreamy like, and fit perfectly on her soft, beautifully tiny face.

And then she smiled slightly. Willow sucked in her breath at the shear beauty in the single movement. She was a vision....but not human....she couldnt possibly be human....not looking like that....

Hey, Will.... The rest went unspoken as Buffy noted that Willow was still staring at her, her mouth handing open, tears of relief flooding down her lightly tanned checks. She was making little choking sounds in the back of her throat, and when she brought her hands up to grip her neck, Buffy got a little scared. It would definitely be a bad start if the first thing she did was almost kill her.

So she took a tiny step forward, if only to place a delicate hand on her friends shoulder, to bring her comfort. But when her hand made contact with Willows skin, the Witch froze. Slowly she turned her head to look at Buffys hand resting on her arm. Then her face flew up to look in Buffys own, shock mirrored or every plain.

Your real... She managed to get out.

Will, are you okay? Whats the matter? Youve been out there for ages....

Buffy snapped her head in the voices direction, ready to attack if necessary. And almost unconsciously she stepped in front of Nimisha, who had been riveted on the spot, unable to make a single sound, her large green eyes still locked on her mothers friends face.

But Buffy visibly relaxed when Oz came into view, worry written all over his face.

Willow turned and said to her boyfriend in a stunned, unbelieving voice,

Oz look, Its Buffy....

But Oz had already noticed, if the immediate stiffness in his posture was proof enough. He stood there, staring, his eyes almost popping out of his head.

Jesus Christ, kiddo..... Where his first words.

If he was going to say anything else it was cut off when Willow started to sway. Even as Nimisha gave a cry of warning, both Oz and Buffy made last ditch efforts to grab her, but she slipped between both of their out stretched hands and fell silently to the floor.

And the last thing she saw before darkness surrounded her was the moon on Buffy and the dark girls foreheads, shining royally before her, seemingly for all to see.

Why hadnt she noticed them before? She thought.

What was were they *doing* there?

And then she stopped thinking at all.

***

Meanwhile in LA.......

Are you sure?

Angel asked his distressed friend uncertainly. Not really knowing if he should believe her story or not.

He was sitting in his office, his elbows resting on the desk he was seated at. It was a bad habit, he knew, and after all these years he could still see his mother, sitting there looking across from him from their dining-room table, a disapproving look on her wonderful face. Almost unconsciously he removed his elbows off the table and placed them in his lap.

Oh, well, old habits die hard.

Yes! Angel how many times to we have to go over this!? She was looking though the windows for Christ sake! Isnt that proof enough for you!

Cordelia was getting madder by the minute, and both Angel and Doyle could tell just by looking at her. The beautiful 22 year old brunette was pacing back and forth on his office floor, her hands flying wildly through the air as her two friends sat by the desk, watching her warily.

Angel held up his own hands in a gesture of peace. Im not saying you wrong, Cordy. He said quickly, But dont you think your flying off the handle just a *little* bit fast?

She scowled in his direction and he nodded in acceptance,

Okay, I agree that its a bit weird that she was looking through the windows, but that doesnt automatically mean shes working for Wolfram & Hart or anything demonic now does it?

He sheepishly scratched the top of his head before saying,

I myself cant really see her working for the lawyers. Didnt you say she looked really young? Like 15 or 16 young?

Cordelia nodded but said out loud, Hello people? Are we forgetting little miss Faith? Or those Hansel and Gretel monster kiddies back home? It doesnt matter how old they are, evil means evil.

Angel reluctantly accepted this but sighing in annoyance said,

Look, wasnt there anything else she did that was strange? Cause if you two want me to do something about this your gonna have to give me some help here.

At this his two employers were silent. Hesitantly they looked at each other out of the corner of their eyes. They seemed to be playing the possibilities over in their heads.

Angel noticed this and looked back and forward between the pair.

What? He said, hating to be kept in the dark on things.

Cordelia regretfully came over to where he was sitting. She grabbed another chair and sat down beside him. Angel - unused to this side of the girl - looked at Doyle bewildered. But the Irishman just shrugged and nodded to his girlfriend, telling him that he should listen to her.

Cordelia gathered her close friends hands in hers and held them tightly, as if keeping him from bolting for the seat.

She was talking about Buffy. She whispered.

Angels hands immediately went stiff in her own, along with the rest of his big body. He tried to pull out of her grasp but her grip was unbreakable.

Looking up into his dark face, Cordelia saw that he had transformed it into the unreadable, brooding one that had graced him when he first came to Los Angeles.

Cordelia got angry fast.

Oh, no you dont, Angel! Come back to us *right* now! Your gonna sit here and listen to what we have to say even if it takes you all bloody night!

Delia... Doyle said warningly, quickly raising from his seat.

No Doyle! He does this every time we even *mention* her name, and Im sick of it!  We all have to deal and so can he!

Its a bit different Delia, and you know it. Doyle said, sticking up for his boss.

Cordelia jumped up from her seat and turned on her boyfriend.

She was my friend too Doyle! Im hurting as well! But we have to deal, we cant bottle it in. Look what happened to Willow! I will *not* turn out like her! He doesnt even let us say her name, and how the hell are we going get past this it we cant even talk about her!?

Throughout this exchange Angel had just sat there, saying nothing, looking into space.

She clouded his vision, just like she always did. He could still see her, standing there - on the pier - the sunlight glistering on her beautiful rosy face. Her blond hair flowing around her shoulders as she turned around and smiled at him, the special smile that she only gave to him. Memories flew through his mind, and he didnt really notice Cordelia screaming at Doyle. His thoughts were only on her. His Golden Goddess who had been stolen from him just over four years ago.

She was on his mind every second of the day. Even in his dreams. She would always be laughing. And smiling at him. And kissing him....

But the one this morning had been a strange one though, it was so vivid. They had been floating.....And that thing on her forehead had amazed him......weird.

Angel shook him self out of the past. Cordelia was still yelling at Doyle, who was sitting there, grimacing. They had both noticed the tears that were now flowing down Cordelias face.

Tell me what she said, Cordy. He asked quietly.

Cordelia stopped in mid yell and spun around in surprise, her eyes open wide.

But taking advantage of this new situation she slowly made her way back to her seat, quickly wiping the tears on the arm of her light blue jersey.

It wasnt really anything big, She said apologising.

But she started by asking stuff about you.

Me? Angel asked surprised.

Yeah. Where you lived actually. Then she asked if your wife and kids minded living under the ground.

Both Angel and Doyle leaned forward at this, there mouths open wide.

You told her!? They both said at the same time.

Hey! Cordelia said, coming to her own defence. She didnt exactly look the type to come massacre you in your bed!

After both men apologised, Cordelia huffed.

Men could be so rude.

Yes well, after I *told* her you werent married, she starting asking where Buffy was, how she died, that sort of stuff.

Angel sat back in his chair, thinking. Yes it was true he didnt like talking about Buffy with his friends any more than he had too, but this looked serious. Maybe talking about it would do him some good.

Cordelia was looking at the far wall, deep in thought.

What was really strange though....

The two guys leaned forward again.

Yes?? The pressed.

What really was strange though. Cordelia continued. Was how she was looking at me.

They both looked at each other in confusion, then at her.

Huh? Doyle got out.

But Cordelia didnt even notice. When she first saw me, after she broke the pot plant. I swear she looked up and she knew me.

But you said youd never seen the girl before. Angel accused.

I havent, Angel. Im just saying that it was like she knew me....strange thats all.

But maybe she saw you round the movie sets. Her boyfriend reminded her.

Cordelia just shrugged at that. Maybe, but I dont think so. She was surprised thats for sure. But I think the surprise was more of actually seeing *me* than just anyone else. Like she knew I worked here but didnt expect to see me at that time of the day.  She shrugged again, I dont know.

The guys were both at a loss at this, and the room fell into silence, everyone thinking.

Finally Angel got up from his seat and strode across the floor to picked up the phone. At their startled looks he put down the receiver.

You both know I dont like talking about this...Buffy. But Ill be damned if anyone is going to be coming around and stirring up memories that we are *all*..

And he looked at Cordelia while saying this. She smiled sadly back at him.

..trying to deal with. To many people will end up getting hurt again and I dont want to do that to them, especially Willow. The others nodded gravely as this, knowing how delicate Willow had been in the past.

So Im going to do the one thing I can think of at the moment. And just hope he can give us some guidance with where to go from here....and hope that we can stop this before it all gets to far out of our hands.

And with that Angel picked up the receiver and dialled Giles number.

***

Back in Sunnydale.....

When Willow finally opened her eyes she found herself on the lounge floor looking up at two people who were standing on the other side of the room. Two people who obviously didnt know she was awake for they were in the middle a very heated argument. She quickly closed her eyes again and listened to the fighting going on above her head.

Of course shes not okay! You obviously dont know how much she wanted to see you, do you have any idea what this is going to do to her!?

She recognised this as her mate. But the other.......

Okay, im sorry! Ill make sure I ring and book before I come around for coffee! But you especially Oz, should know shes not as delicate as she looks!

Then Willow noticed that there was a third person in the group.

A girl.....

She could feel her moving at her side.

Then as she spoke, Willow almost opened her eyes despite herself. The voice was so beautiful. It was soft, innocent, and felt like it was being sung by angels.

Mama, stop yelling. The girl said quietly in her lovely, soft voice. Youll hurt her ears. There was a pause.

Her auras okay though, even if did just get a little bit stressed in the last few minutes.

It was then that Willow felt the girl place the back of her hand on her forehead. Willow suddenly felt incredibly light headed, like she was floating. And - even as she tried to struggle - she found herself opening her eyes.

The first thing she saw were a pair of green stars shining down at her, concerned. Willow actually did suck in her breath with she got a look at the rest of the girls exquisite face.

She was absolutely breathtaking.

She was truly the most beautiful person Willow had ever seen. Not the most voluptuous or seductive - just the most perfect. There was not a feature out of place on her brilliant face. She held herself with a regal air and looked only about 15 years old.

It was only then that Willow recognised her as the child on her porch.

Her wonderful long hair was as dark as a starless night. The line of her jaw smooth, soft, but firm, and Willow could tell that she was used to being obeyed. Her skin was pale, but not the sickly pale of a vampire, more like the pearl-ivory white skin of girls in the 18th centaury. Her face was tired, strangely sad, but her dark green eyes were alive and brilliant.

Willow just wished she could give this enchanting girl a name.

When she noticed that Willow was awake, the girl smiled in relief. And Willows wonder raised another few notches. She was beautiful just on her own, but when she smiled...Willow would bet she could command an entire army just with her beauty. But something deep inside her told Willow that this girls looks were inevitable, that they were there for a purpose.

Somehow those thoughts made Willow shudder deep in her bones. There was something in this girls eyes, she had seen it before....somewhere....but where?

Aunty Willow? The girl said in a soft voice. Are you okay?

Aunty Willow??

But thinking about it, the name strangely fit. Willow couldnt imagine this lovely girl calling her anything else.

But all thoughts flew out of her mind as she tried to sit up. Her head started to spin, and she moaned softly, bringing her hands up to clutch her head in pain.

The girl was on her in a flash. Before she could speak, the girl had gently grabbed her shoulders and firmly pushed her back on her back.

Hey, not so fast. You heads just received a big shock. The girl said soothingly. You need to take it easy. Here. See if this helps.

She then raised her right hand and gently placed it on Willows check.

Almost instantly Willow felt the pain leave her body and be replaced with a toasty warm, tingly sensation, like stepping into a warm shower.

Willow rounded on the girl, startled. The question easily seen in her eyes. But the girl only chuckled sadly - almost guiltily - and spread her hands wide.

Comes with the genes. She said shrugging, and looked down into her lap.

But Willow wasnt so sure.

Who are you?  Willow whispered silently to the girl.

The childs head snapped up instantly. Again she looked guiltily. But her gaze wavered, and she looked hesitantly towards the other side of the room. Or more to the point, at Buffy. Willow followed her gaze and almost fainted again when she saw who was standing on the other side of the living room, arguing with her boyfriend.

It was true.....the vision was true.

Instantly Willows eyes welled and she chocked on the sobs that were threatening to break. She slowly brought her hand up to cover her mouth.

Oh, God.

She was alive....

Hearing Willow speak, Buffy and Oz snapped their mouths shut instantly, spun around and looked at her. Seeing Buffys face, Willow opened her eyes in surprise, noticing the moon flashing on her forehead and how different she now looked from when she had left. As the silence filled the room, Oz moved first, hurrying over to where his mate lay on the ground seated next to Nimisha. But as Oz went the full way and bent down to help her up, Buffy stayed, uncertain of her place in their home, not really knowing what to do.

But even as she was help from the floor by both Oz and Nimisha, Willow couldnt take her eyes of Buffys suddenly guilty face. She had noticed instantly the looked of uncertainty flit across her friends enchanting features.

But quite frankly, she didnt know if she should comfort or yell at her.

When she was steady on her feet, she pushed her way out of Ozs arms and slowly made her way to where Buffy stood in the middle of the floor.

Seeing her intention Buffy stiffened noticeably and looked down at her feet.  Willow grimaced.

She thinks im going to yell at her. Willow thought to herself.

But as she slowly moved to her friend she whispered her name softly,

Buffy?

And it was then that Buffy started to cry.

She was crying for so many reasons even she couldnt name. But to hear her voice. Willows voice saying her name in that special way of hers, like she wasnt even sure she was real, that even though she was stronger than her, would fall over like delicate flower if pushed to far.

Willow noticed was that Buffys shoulder were shaking. Shaking as huge sobs of guilt racked her tiny body. But when she slowly raised her beautiful head and looked at her best friends face, Willow felt suddenly sorry for her. She looked increadly venerable standing there, long blond hair cascading down her back, crying, like she was ready to bolt.

And it was then that Willow knew that something huge had happened in Buffy life. Something that she was not apart of. Something that had changed her friend for the rest of her life. But the fact that stunned Willow the most was that she was actually here, standing in her living room. A scene Willow thought would never come.

And even now, she couldnt name the number of times she had woken up and found herself making her way to the kitchen, where she would just stand and look out of the window thinking, hoping that the stars would tell her where her friend was. And as she stood there, probably holding a cup of some hot liquid in her hands, the tears would come, the heartbreaking, sorrow filled tears that seemed to take over her life. Sometimes she would be so angry with her, so angry for leaving them, for giving up. And others, she would stand there, in the kitchen, and just wish she knew why the Powers would have taken such a well loved person as their Buffy.

And so, as she slowly made her way over to the best friend she had not seen in four years, Willow held her arms out. Knowing Buffy so well, knowing that the look of pain that flashed across her face was enough. Enough to tell her that she had done it for a reason, and reason that she herself could never hope to understand.

But Buffy took on look at her out stretched arms and seemed to cave in within herself. As a huge weight of guilt was lifted of her shoulders in the first time in years. To actually see Willow was mindblowing enough, but to have her to that, except her back in to her arms so instantly, it was just to much.

And if before wasnt proof enough, that was. Willow saw the pain, the guilt on Buffys magickal features, and she knew what pain her friend had suffered. She hadnt just left them and forgotten, she had probably done the same thing, stared out the windows at night and wish she was back home with them.

And she was more right that she could ever imagine.

And so, still sobbing, Buffy gave in. Gave in to the feeling of love that washed into her from her beloved friend. Let all the barriers that she had so carefully placed up, come crashing down, as she slowly walked the last distance she started to jog, and as her name came out a heartwenching sob, she fell into Willows arms.

****

Buffy stayed like that for a very long time. Just took the comfort of being with her, with the friend she thought she would never see again.

She faintly remembered the three of them taking her over to sit on the couch, and Oz and Nimisha taking seats around the room, waiting for her to get her bearings. But Willow wouldnt leave her side. Wouldnt let go of her actually, as if she feared that if she lost contact with her, she would wake up from the amazing dream and find that it all hadnt actually happened at all.

She didnt think she could have handled that.

But after Buffy had sat crying on Willows shoulder for about ten minutes she started to dry, and was content with just clinging on to the side of Willows jersey. The other two sat a respectable distance away, knowing that they had to leave the two friends to work this out between them.

But after a while Buffy finally calmed down and pushed herself up to a sitting position on the couch. Lifting her head she looked at three of the ten most important people in her life.

Oz, who was straddling one of the dining room chairs, hands resting on his arms, looking at her with mixed emotions. He was glad she was okay, that was plain to see, but there was a look of deep resentment in his eyes, as if he blamed her for Willow problems. She had just disappeared, and now here she was - along with some strange looking girl - sitting on his couch, far too beautiful, and looking insultingly healthly.

Nimisha..her beloved daughter..who was sitting crosslegged on the mat in front of the fire, her hands resting calmly in her lap. Her head was bend to the side like a puppy and she was looking around the warm, cosy room, smiling slightly. Ever so often she would catch Oz or Willow looking at her out of the corners of their eyes, but she didnt mind. She was used to having people look at her. There was just something about her - biological - a magickal quality about her that made people stop and stare. People were always drawn to her, to some quality deep within her as well as her unnatural beauty. They felt that they could tell her anything. Maybe thats what would make her a good Queen one day.

And most importantly Willow, who was sitting right next to her on the sofa. Hands clasped with hers. Buffy could feel her shaking, and she gave them a little squeeze in support. But Willow barely noticed, she was still in shock. She wondered where she had been all these years, why she had never even left a note. It must have been very serious for her to just pack up and leave all her friends and family like that, to go off by herself. On that thought Willow shock her head, no she hasnt been alone. Turning her head she looked at the beautiful dark haired child sitting calmly by the fire. Knowing that somehow this girl had taken the place of the most important person in Buffys life. And she knew she would always feel incredibly grateful to this child, for looking after Buffy for all those years, for just being there for her.

But she did look like a gypsy sitting there - crosslegged - the flames dancing in her slightly slanted, dreamy, jade eyes. She was looking around the room, taking in every tiny detail, like she had never seen a room that looked like this before. Her wonderful black hair was falling down her back and a stray curl was brushing across her pale check. The moon shaped thing on her head was reflecting the flames as well, and it seemed to be glowing in the cracking light. It made the girl look even more delicate that before, made the clothes that were on her back look foreign, like she wasnt used to having to wear that sort of clothing. She sat there almost still, apart from her head which moved from side to side, and Willow couldnt get over her staggering beauty. Willow bet she was still totally unaware of how startlingly beautiful she was. Those looks could get her into a lot of trouble here in Sunnydale. Willow was surprised at the sudden burst of protectiveness she felt toward the girl, it was like she needed protecting. But when look deeper, more carefully, you notice just how strong her eyes were, who straight she held her back, how proudly she held her chin. And then you think that maybe you got it wrong, that it should be her that is protecting you. There was just something in the girls dreamy eyes, they made her look so very innocent, but at the same time, Willow had never seen such a regal looking child, one that radiated such raw power. Funny enough, she seemed to be getting the same of Buffy....

Willow just wondered where Buffy had picked up such a enchanting looked child on her travels. She bet there was a story behind that.

But what was it that the child had called her?

Aunty Willow?

Strange.

But as if the time of silence was passed and the time for talking sweep in the door, Buffy sighed nervously. Willow regretfully tore her eyes away from the child and looked her high school friend in the eyes. Buffy did the same.

The two of them sat there, hands clasped tightly between them, silent.

It was Willow who broke the calm.

I never thought Id see you again.

Buffy smiled sadly back at her, not really knowing what to say to that.

Finally she just let it all go. She reached over and gently placed her hand on Willows check. And Willow smiled sadly back at her.

Neither did I.

Pulling her hand back it was Oz who spoke next.

Where have you been, Buffy? Do you know how worried we were about you?

Willow shot him a look, but he ignored her. Buffy just sighed and looked down at her lap.

No Will, its a fair question. She looked up again and stared Oz straight in the face.

Ive been very far away. Further than you could ever imagine.

Antarctica? Willow ask, uncertain.

Buffy chuckled and Nimisha joined her.

No, Will, further than Antarctica.

Buffy sighed again, she seemed to be doing that a lot lately.

I guess you want it from the top, fair enough. But I warn you, your probably not gonna believe me.

Oz just looked at her, eyebrows raised. Then he smiled slightly and said, Try us.

It all started about two weeks before I left. You remember that night I was on protrol but I didnt go to school the next day? And Giles was really mad at me for not checking in?

When they nodded she continued.

Yeah, well, the reason I didnt go to school the next day was because I had a killer headache.

You said that. Willow cut in. That was the reason, you said you were sick.

Buffy nodded at this but told her. The reason I was sick was because my brain had received a massive shock the night before.

When the looked confused she told them, I was out protroling in Shady Hill Cemetery, you know, by the river? Its was about 12.30 and I really wanted to get home, I had like, four pages of psych homework to do and I was in a really craggy mood. Yeah, well, I had just finished dusting this vamp where I hear this clapping in the bushes. And who comes out, but this little blue man.

Willow and Oz looked at her, startled, and Nimisha burst out laughing. Both of them turned and raised their eyebrows at her and she shut up, giggling quietly.

Buffy shot her daughter a look and she returned it with one of her own, smiling broadly.

Okay, so maybe it wasnt a little blue man, Afraya would kill me if he heard me say that. She shrugged and Willow urged her to continue.

Afraya is blue though, and a man, but hes not little. So he comes out of the bushes, clapping, and im like, yelling at him for scaring the daylights out of me.

Was he a demon? Oz asked, curious to why she obviously held this blue man in such high esteem.

Buffy just grinned. No, hes not a demon...hes a alien actually. She told them brightly.

The couple almost jumped out of their seats. They looked at Buffy in shock.

Alien?? Willow managed to get out.

Yeah, he comes from a planet about 12 light years away from here called Foltare.

Aliens are real? Willow asked stunned. Oz was just looking at Buffy in silence, wondering what the hidden meaning on this all was.

Buffy nodded her head in Willows direction. Then after only a second of hesitation said,

Yip, they exist alright...Your talking to one.

Well, they had nothing to say to that one.

The room went silent, and Buffy could tell that her daughter had gone immediately on guard, ready to bolt, attack, do whatever was necessary. They werent used to explaining themselves. Everyone that they were used to knew their situation. To say the least, this was a first.

Slowly Willow grabbed hold of Buffy shoulder and gently turned her around to face her.

Your an Alien? She said quietly, she sounded strangely sad. But there was not a trace of disbelief in her voice, she would believe anything she had to say.

Buffy nodded shortly, biting her bottom lip. Then she brought her head up and looked Willow in the eyes, cautious, if she expected her to be disgusted.

But Willow was clearly anything but disgusted, her Wiccan training had tought her to except any living creature for what it was. So her best friend was an Alien, so what?

Then she chocked out a stunned laugh.

Wow.

And Buffy let out a sigh of relief, knowing she should have known the Witch better, knowing that she would never turn her out know matter what she was. She loved her to much to be overcome by petty differences such as race....or species.

And then they found themselves smiling. All four of them. Even if this did effect them all differently, it was just to amazing to pass up. Knowing that a truly wonderful thing had happened and they were all privileged to be part of it.

But even if he did believed her and accepted it, Oz clearly wanted more answers. He wasnt just going to forget the fact that she had left for four years without even telling anyone where she was going.

So..what kind of Alien are you? He asked.

Buffy looked at him oddly. As if she knew that he didnt really forgive her but still wanted to know about the details.

Im from a race called the Tharran. Well I am on my mothers side, my fathers basically human, well a different sort of human, he comes from Debrain. She spread her hands wide, trying to explain to whole story.

Were the rarest species in the galaxy. Presently there are only two members.

They looked a bit surprised at that, wondering who the other person was. But Willows eyes went wide as she figured out who.

She spun around and looked at Nimisha, eyebrows raised.

Seeing that they had figured her out, Nimisha looked at them, a bit guilty, and gave a little wave.

And then Buffy got up from her place on the sofa and came over to were Nimisha was sitting on the mat. Extending her hand, which Nimisha took, she helped her up beside her. Knowing that this would be the hardest part of all to explain.

Seeing the two woman side by side Willow and Oz drew back in disbelief. Even if they were so completely different in complexion, there were so startlingly similar they could pass as sisters.

Guys, Id like you to meet one of the reasons for me leaving, but definitely the best. Seeing that she had their full attention she said,

Willow, Oz, this is my daughter Nimisha. But the way she said it, with such love in her voice, stopped any disagreements the couple were going to make.

Willow couldnt believe it.

She was so simply stunned that she couldnt manage one word. But then she looked at them. The two most beautiful people she had ever seen, and she knew she was telling the truth. There was just no denying it. They simply didnt look like sisters, or cousins, they could only pass as mother and daughter.

But thats impossible....

Willow shook herself out her mind. But Buffy. She said, desperately trying to understand.

Thats impossible. How old is she?

Im 16 and a half, and im perfectly capable of answering for myself, thank you very much. Nimisha answered. Buffy shot her a look, eyebrows raised, and her daughter winced.

Now Willow was even more confused. But Buffy, She said again. That means you must have had her when you were five. And even if you are an Alien, I think we would have noticed at child running around your mothers house for three years.

Picking up on the mention of Joyce, Buffy decided to leave it for now and concentrate on the matter at hand.

No, Willow, I didnt have her when I was five. She massaged the bridge of her nose and sat down on the mat, pulling Nimisha down beside her.

I was actually pregnant when I left. Seeing how this just made them even more confused, Buffy sighed.

Explaining Space Travel to humans was so bloody frustrating.

One of the main reasons Afraya confronted me then was because I was having the baby. He couldnt have waited until after, cause that like, breaks tradition, or something. The future Queen has to be born on Allrelen, its like a rule of whatever.

Seeing that she was going far to fast, Buffy slowed down and told them all about the Time difference between The Alliance and Earth.

So your telling us that you have actually been away from Earth for 16 years, not four? When Buffy nodded, Willow shook her head in surprise.

That amazing! So all the planets in this Alliance thingy are usually on the same time, but not Earth?

When Buffy nodded again she yelped in delight and Buffy and Oz laughed, knowing how much she would love this, ever searching for new science knowledge.

But then Willow stopped and looked at her friend, confused.

What did she say before....

Did you just say you were pregnant when you left Earth?

Buffy knew instantly that she had figured it out.

She grimaced and nodded.

Willow just looked at her for a moment, her mouth hanging open. Then...

Well, who the hell is her father!?

Nimisha sent Buffy an anxious look, wondering if she was going to open up fully and tell their friends the whole story. They had talked about it, and hadnt really come to a decision whether or not they would tell Willow and Oz about Angel being Nimishas father.

And now Buffy seemed to be thinking. Finally - looking in her daughters eyes - she said quietly,

Angel is Nimishas father.

If anything this was what really stunned the couple the most that night. The fact that their friend was an Alien was something, but the fact that a vampire - not just any vampire mind you, Angel - was the father of her child, that was something else.

Willow just looked at Buffy for a very long time, without a word. Sensing this was not a time to speak, Oz too, remained silent.

They were absolutely stunned.

But then Willow looked at Buffys beautiful daughter...Nimisha....and yes, she could see Angel there, hidden deep within her. Thats who she had looked like, Willow thought. She looks just like Angel. Thats amazing.

Finally Willow sighed and walked over to where Buffy and her daughter were sitting by the fire, both rigid, and looked down at them, hands on her hips. Then, after a beat, she sat down in front of Buffy and clasped her hands in hers.

Buffy looked up at her, loving her even more if possible. Good old Willow, always the calm one, knowing the exact time that she was needed to listen. And then Buffy knew that she had to tell her everything. That she wouldnt get this plan to work if she didnt have Willows and Oz full support.

And so, hesitantly at first, Buffy told them everything.

From the tragic Day That Wasnt, to Afrayas arrival, her departure from Earth, ruling the thousand planets of the Alliance for the past 16 years, she told them everything of her life so far. Leaving out no single detail. Nimisha would put things in at times, when her mother would forget to mention something important. And together they told these two humans of a world that they never knew existed. A world that had more of a hold on their friends life than they could ever know.  And they sat there, spellbound, as their heard things that they couldnt even imagine in their widest dreams, of worlds where technology out shone theirs a thousand times, of planets that the entire civilisation was in underwater domes, of Cities that towered in the air thousands of metres. Of their palaces; their homes, the people that made up their worlds. They sat their glued to the spot, knowing that they were very privileged to be hearing this, that they were the only two humans on the planet that knew of its existence.

And as their friend asked, they listened.

And together, the four of them formed a plan.

Go to Vignette One /tu ] ^   r s g h   : ; NORÿ{wsokg]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c&RSXY%&./_`=>)* ÿ{wsokg]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c&  12@AUVYZ  NO8967ÿ{wsokg]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c&-.BCGH`adefgz{; < 5!6!!!!!&"'"""####8$9$$$$ÿ{wsokg]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c&$$$$$$K%L%n%o%%%%%%%2&3&M'N'((((//003333333314244ÿ{wsokg]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c&4455$5%5j5k566664757:8;8888:9:::::AAAAAABBEE,K-KLLbMÿ{wsokg]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c&bMcMnMoMsPtPQQSSUUUUWWWW[[[[\\\\] ]]]]]\^]^^^C_D__ÿ{wsokg]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c&______````;`<`````a a a aZa[a^a_aaa b!bFbGbsbtbbbocpccccÿ{wsokg]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c&ccddGdHdqfrfCgDgMjNjjj.l/l_l`l"m#m8m9m6o7oJoKooopppp)p*pppgqhqqÿ{wsokg]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c&qqqq r rrrrrrrrsssss!s"s7s8sTsUs[s\sssssssGtHt]t^ttttÿ{wsokg]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c&ttnuouuuuuuuuuuuvvwwJwKw]x^xxxxxxxxxxxxx"y#yoypy}yÿ{wsokg]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c&}y~yyyyyyy{{{{||}}LM>?cdTUij܈ÿ{wsokg]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c&܈݈%&no~ދߋLM56ijؓٓߓ BCwxÿ{wsokg]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c&ѕҕ"#*+_`#$*+ 23klÿ{wsokg]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c&45abأ٣ RS'(CD٨ڨ,-deڮۮDÿ{wsokg]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c&DEٯگ'(-.01YZسٳ[\ϴдѴҴZ[XY8ÿ{wsokg]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c&89<=NObcXY-.8901"#ÿ{wsokg]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c&ef/023;<RSHIÿ{wsokg]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c&`a OPPjk!"]^        j k   ÿ{wsokg]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c&  ABVWXY|}89CDÿ{wsokg]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c&011h!i!"")#*#v#w########!$"$5$6$b$c$&&0'1'''**++1111ÿ{wsokg]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c&1333333334414244444W5X5556666771727G7H777777777ÿ{wsokg]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c&7@8A8999999y:z:::::;;;;'<(<r<s<<<<<<<<<====?>@>I>J>ÿ{wsokg]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c&J>u>v>>>>>???? ?!?G?H?L?M?Y?Z?~?????? @ @c@d@@@@@@@NAOAvAwAÿ{wsokg]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c&wAAABBBB)G*G_G`GGGGGGGKKLL%L&L&M'MRMSM|M}MNN]P^PPPPQ;Qtttttu u#u$uÿ{wsokg]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c&$u2u3uMuNuWuXuuuuuuuvvvvvvw w#w$wfwgwwwwwwwwwxxxxxxÿ{wsokg]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c&x$y%y\y]yqyryrzszzzzzzzQ{R{y{z{}{~{{{{{{{ | | ||||v|w|||}|)}*}ÿ{wsokg]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c&*}@}A}m}n}}}€]^ghjkrsąŅ_`z{_`qrÿ{wsokg]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c&r9:BC{|stΊϊ|}ÿ{wsokg]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c&Ōƌʍˍ !$%Жі-.  !uvÿ{wsokg]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c&v AB^_ߜ-.<=HINO̡͡EFÿ{wsokg]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c&F()FG8945BCABTUʨ˨*+ÿ{wsokg]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c&+ګ۫  լ֬rs!"]^01دٯÿ{wsokg]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c&ٯ߰45uv$%JKfg QRefop45ÿ{wsokg]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c&5ԺպKL56JKrsнѽڽ۽ÿ{wsokg]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c&  qrϾо  1256noRS9:ÿ{wsokg]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c&:|}$%-.CDopÿ{wsokg]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c&   78ÿ{wsokg]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c& !uvMN\]  +,ÿ{wsokg]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c&  89-. z{ mnGHÿ{wsokg]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c&BC|}qrMN{|IJÿ{wsokg]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c&:;cd12!"+,DE|}rsÿ{wsokg]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c&s~#$>?BC\]tursÿ{wsokg]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c&,-./WXtuUVÿ{wsokg]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c&:;  ? @               12TUstÿ{wsokg]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c&HIwx@AZ[lm  9:>?  =>KLpqwxÿ{wsokg]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c&12  """"""%% & &&&;(<((((((((())/)0)A)B)`)a)))g*ÿ{wsokg]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c&g*h*+++ +++,+++++o-p---W.X.e.f.e0f00000G2H2g2h2{2|2223333b3ÿ{wsokg]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c&b3c3|3}33334 4 4;4<4t4u44455<5=55555667777889999m:n:;ÿ{wsokg]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c&;;;; ;;F;G;;;;;;;;;^<_<}<~<==W=X=o=p=??AAAAAABBBBBÿ{wsokg]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c&BBBBCC C!C$C%C?C@CCCCCCD%D&D*D+DVDWD_D`DDDDD E E_E`EEEmFnFFÿ{wsokg]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c&FFFFFFFFFFGG%G&GeGfGjGkGGGGGGGHHHH/H0HBHCHJHKHVHWHHHHÿ{wsokg]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c&HHHHI IIIIIJJJJJK;K?BCQÿ{wsokg]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c&QRbc>?'(PQʎˎΎώގߎFGMN`atÿ{wsokg]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c&tuޏߏVWZ[kl>?mn78 #$()fgݗޗABÿ{wsokg]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c&ҘӘ`acdܜݜ<=?@JKz{ÿ{wsokg]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c&vwBCʡˡIJnoTUxyϤФ  qrmÿ{wsokg]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c&mnBCefhiۨܨGHklyz234ÿ{wsokg]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c]c&4F{]]c]c ]^bc]c/u34/Z/_:K@Normala "A@"Default Paragraph Font@ FMicrosoft Word 6.0 Document MSWordDoc9q