In The Game
By Sami

Sometimes all the pain and the humiliation were worth it. And yeah, watching Buffy fall to her knees and almost hearing her spirit break as she cries over her sister's body is one of those times. Dawn wasn't sweet, oh no, she was tough. Every day was a new challenge. God, she had so many tricks up her sleeves.

He had been thanking the Senior Powers everyday since they got rid of that soul. He had no master but when they came with the proposition of taking down the new Council, he had jumped at the chance. It was funny to see her trying to tell Buffy what was going on without making his rules. She was too good and naive to see that her little girlfriend Kit was already died. He just loved that in women.

Another perk was that her girlish hero-worship on Soul boy hadn't died even with that whole Wolfram&Hart thing. And that look in her eyes when she knew that he was just using her to get to Buffy and it was and will always be Buffy. That even if she learns Ancient Sumerian or becomes the youngest Watcher ever, Buffy will always be first. How sweet that was.

Well, Buffy has just seen his A. It looks lovely carved into Dawn's back. It’s about time she got into the game.