Pretty Little Shiny Girl
By Netgirl

Dawn glows.

I've never told anybody that. But she does, she seems to shine whenever I look at her.I think it's because I can see the key in her, because of what Glory did to me. Pretty little shiny girl.

Can I have one?

I used to think Willow glowed, and Megan before her. But I was in love with them, I was attracted to them. I am not attracted to Dawn. No way.

I love Willow. I love Willow. I love Da…Willow.

It has to be something mystical; the key, some weird remnant of what Glory did to me. Because there is no way I am attracted to Dawn. She glows because she is the key, not because I'm noticing her beauty.

Even if I was. Noticing that is. She's too young and straight to boot. Goddess why am I even thinking about this? She is beautiful, lithe and graceful with really pretty eyes. Key thing. It's a key thing. Really kissable lips. Key thing.

Sometimes I think she knows how I see her. The way she'll look at me sometimes or cuddle into me. I always feel so guilty for projecting my sick magic induced fantasy onto innocent Dawn. I usually end up sitting in my dorm looking at an old photo of Willow and I trying to force myself to miss her; because maybe then I'd stop wishing the photograph was of Dawn and me kissing instead.

Okay Tara walk up and knock the door. You can do this. You're just taking Dawn to the movies. No thinking about how she might wrap her arms around your waist if it's a scary film, or how she might cry into your shoulder if it's sad. Right I can do this. After all it's magic not me feeling these things.

"Hi Tara." And she's standing there looking more like a goddess than Glory ever did. Her lips look shiny and slightly sparkly and I could just lean over and press mine against hers briefly, a friendly hello kiss. No. No I'm not going to because I don't want to kiss her because I am not attracted to her.

"Hey Dawnie. Ready to hit the town?" I reach out my hand to take hers and I am not going to think about how soft her skin is or how elegant and strong her fingers are. Because this all Glorys doing, it isn't me.

I am not attracted to Dawn Summers.

I am not attracted to Dawn Summers.

Rinse Lather. Repeat.

I am not attracted to Dawn Summers.

She grips my hand and leans into me as we leave the Summers house and I can feel the warmth spread through my body at the contact. This is going to be so hard.

I am not going to do anything about this. I am going look at Dawns slender body, beautiful eyes and sparkly lips and do nothing. Because this isn't me. I'm seeing the key not Dawn. Not Dawn.

I hate Glory.