Snapshots of Eternity
by Slinkyspychokit



Chapter 10: Until Time Stops
Beta'd by the beta-shaped Goddess, Oracleholly


“Tell me you love me.”

“I love you.”

“Tell me you want me.”

“Until time stops, the world ends and eternity fades to nothing,” he rasped in the ear he'd been nuzzling. Ever the poet, he thought with no little amusement.

Then he couldn't think much of anything beyond the utterly primal need to mate with this beautiful creature in his arms. She had turned within the circle of his arms, her eyes glazed with passion and need. Her tongue darted out to moisten her lips and he groaned at the sight, wanting to pull that delightfully talented appendage into his mouth and feel it wrap around his own.

Spike noticed there was a look in her eyes that went beyond the mere physical delights her body craved. A yearning, a need for something he couldn't quite put a name to…oh…. A slow, sexy grin he knew had always gotten her right in the knickers slid across his sharply chiseled features.

“Tell me you love me,” he demanded in a low, sensual tone. Excitement made her eyes sparkle and she laughed softly, intimately as she began to walk him backwards towards the bed.

“I love you,” she punctuated her statement with a lingering kiss to that wide, sensual mouth she loved so much. The backs of his knees hit the edge of the mattress and she pressed him to sit.

“Tell me you want me,” the smile on his face had gone from playful to awestruck in the blink of an eye. There was another emotion in his eyes that hurt Buffy's heart to realize. After everything that they had been through; after every way she had tried to show him since he'd miraculously reappeared in her life, there still remained some tiny bit of lingering doubt that she would turn him away.

How could she not love him? He'd been a part of her for so long now that she couldn't remember her life before he'd shown up in that alley behind the Bronze. They shared a daughter- how weird was that? Sure, she knew the monks had made Dawn from her. Still…and the spell…and with the fake memories- Spike had given her Dawn. How could Buffy not love him?

As for wanting?

Buffy realized she had been quiet for several moments, just losing herself in her thoughts and the drowning azure pools steadily gazing back at her. She smiled, so much emotion making her chest tight. Moisture gathered in her eyes and she wrapped a hand around the back of his neck, her other hand softly cupping his cheek. When she smiled again, it was a bright, beautiful smile filled with everything she had inside her heart and soul.

Tell me you want me.

How could I not?


“Until time stops, the world ends and eternity fades to nothing.”

Spike was speechless. All the flowery words of William vanished as the admission left her sweet lips and found their way into his ears. The truth he'd always wanted to hear from her and the adoring gaze coupled with the wondrous smile told him everything he needed to know.

This was his Buffy. His Slayer. This wasn't the sixteen year old girl in love with his brooding, soulful grandsire. Nor was she the broken woman dragged from Heaven by her well-meaning friends. And most certainly she no longer was the heartbroken, soul-sick creature he'd encountered a small handful of weeks ago.

This was the Buffy he'd held in his arms those final days in the Hellmouth. The golden goddess who'd declared him her Champion and entrusted him with the lives of everyone she held dear. This was his mate.

Tears filled his own eyes as he drank in the sheer beauty before him, and Spike pressed his face to the strip of bare flesh between the leather trousers she still wore and the barely-there top. He just wanted to curl up in her arms and stay there forever.

Buffy, however, had other ideas. She felt like she hadn't really been with him since before the fall of Sunnydale. In a lot of ways, she hadn't; too broken after everything that had happened since that day her world had exploded and left her more fully devastated than the debris filled crater that had once been her home. Happiness bloomed in her chest, her heart soaring with hope that she now had eternity to spend in the arms of her perfect mate.

“Not enough,” she whispered so softly that his vampiric hearing barely heard it.

“What's that, kitten,” he asked her, and she felt her stomach flip at the sensual glide of his fingers caressing the warm skin of her lower back.

She looked down into that beautiful face of her love. “Eternity still isn't long enough for me to show you how much I love you.”

The resulting look of stunned surprise was almost comical, as his eyes grew so wide they looked in danger of falling out of his face, his mouth gaping and the rest of his body going statue still as he looked up at her.

“What is it?”

Slowly, the sweetest smile curved his lips. “'S the first time you've said that to me since that day in the hell mouth. And don't say you said it before when we were--oomph,” Suddenly, Spike found himself with a lapful of mate as she flung herself into his arms and fastened her mouth to his, greedily feasting as though she were starving and he was the first meal she'd seen in days.

The kiss seemed to last forever, their tongues sliding and wrapping around each other as each battled for dominance. When they at last broke to give Buffy a moment to breathe, she attacked the sensitive flesh of his throat; her fangs dropping as she lightly grazed them over her previous marks. The urge to mark him again nearly overwhelming her and she growled softly. His answering growl accompanied his hands, gripping her hips with enough strength to leave bruises. His hips ground into her leather covered sex, and she mewled and writhed against him.

“Off,” she demanded, gripping the hem of his tee shirt and tugging, frantic to get at the bare skin beneath. He lifted his arms dutifully and allowed her to rip the offending material over his head and cast it aside even as his nimble fingers deftly worked the laces holding her top together.

The shiny, constrictive garment was gone an instant later and cool lips latched themselves onto a pert nipple while a hand palmed her other breast. Buffy threw her head back with a hiss of pleasure, holding on as tightly as she could while sensations sparked through her petite frame.

Tension coiled low in her belly, molten heat flowing through her veins.

Without warning, she shoved Spike to his back atop the expensive bedspread, hands grasping at the rough denim jeans and jerking until she had them down his legs, then tossed them to the rapidly growing pile on the floor. She hesitated only a moment to take in the mouth-watering sight of pale flesh that could give any Greek statuary a serious case of envy.

Oh,…oh, gods…Naked Spike…MINE! the voice in her head chanted and Buffy licked her suddenly dry lips as she settled a knee on the foot of the bed and crawled upwards to cover the sinfully beautiful body with her own, stopping to drop hungry nips and kisses along the way.

A low hiss colored the air as she lingered over the smooth expanse of flesh covering Spike's lower abdominal muscle. She knew for a fact that it drove him crazy when she nibbled on the velvety skin surrounding his navel. If the hard column of muscle nudging the underside of her chin were any indication, it still drove him wild.

Cheeky bint, Spike thought as the love of his unlife tossed a wink his way and opened those luscious lips to wrap around the head of his aching cock.

He groaned as it disappeared inch by inch into the moist, blazing inferno of her mouth. His hands clenched in the coverlet and he tore his eyes from the sight of her head bobbing up and down. All it would take would be her eyes on his while that sweet mouth worked him and her soft hand cupped and kneaded his….

Bloody fucking

Hotter than hell and needing some form of release, Buffy slid her free hand down her taut belly and beneath her unfastened pants. Her small fingers found her clit and skimmed light circles over it as she slid her lips all the way to the base of her lover's turgid member. Relaxing her throat, she swallowed around the belled head and hummed as he growled at her. The urge to giggle at him was repressed, but only just.

Instead, her eyes climbed up his torso to meet desire darkened eyes almost fully swallowed by the pupils. Another growl echoed through the suite and his hands reached down to jerk her up and away from the center of her teasing attentions.

“No more fun an' games, luv,” he ground out from between tightly clenched teeth.

Spike rolled her beneath him and quickly divested her of the last remaining barriers separating their bodies. “Need inside you, kitten. 'll give you a proper seein' to next time,” he promised in a strained whisper as he settled himself between her spread thighs and joined them together in one sharp thrust.

Dual groans filled the air as he stilled momentarily within her body. Toned, golden limbs wrapped themselves around him, hidden muscles clenching and unclenching in an effort to urge him on. His smoldering gaze swept over her, eyebrow arching as he saw raw desire and need meeting him in her hazel gaze. Tiny nails scraped along the coiled muscles in his back until they dug into the firm globes of his ass. That was all it took before Spike was pounding viciously into her body. Her head arched backwards onto the pillow, mouth open wide as delicious moans and grunts spilled from her lips. She babbled senselessly as he circled his hips to grind his pubic bone into her engorged clit. Every thrust was hitting her in just the right way, pushing her higher and higher as her inner muscles squeezed and massaged him for all she was worth.

He wasn't going to last and he knew it. But he wasn't going over that ledge alone. Instead, he snaked a hand down between them, grasping the tiny bundle of nerves and giving it a sharp twist as he plunged his fangs into the marks he'd left just a little while ago. A shriek rose on the sultry air, and her own fangs found his throat in return. Orgasm slammed through them both as they swallowed mouthfuls of blood. Bodies shuddered and pulsed, and they pulled free by mutual consent to howl their release with dual cries of, “Mine!”

A moment passed, and, both panting and shaking, softer voices echoed, “Yours.”

Buffy smiled a tearful smile up at the man who owned her heart, body and soul, pressing her sweat dampened forehead to his and whispered, “Until time stops, the world ends and eternity fades to nothing.”

tbc

A/N: Manipulated dialogue shamelessly stolen from AtS S5 episode “You’re Welcome”.

A gentle reminder, this story was designed to be non-canon and, while I do touch on canon elements throughout, I am not writing this to follow the progression of any themes used by Joss and his wonderful team of talented writers.

As always, I own nothing. It’s all the property of someone else kind enough to let me play. Now, on with the ficcy goodness. :-P

// Chap 11
// Back to Chap 9
// Back to Fiction Index