"The Point of View Series"

Author: Arkin
Email: arkina@trendline.co.il


Bed Time Thoughts

Note: This part is from the POV of Laura, the girl who was attacked by "the ugly man" in "Nightmares", and it takes place after Giles and Buffy visit her in the hospital.

That weird Buffy and the librarian stopped by. It was nice of them really, but why are they always together?

I mean, everyone at school knows how much time she spends there. She's there at every break, after school, some of the cheerleaders said they saw her there at night, at hours when the library is closed. Someone even said she's there on the weekends sometimes. How freaky is that?

So of course the whole school thinks they're doing it. I mean, what else could they be doing there for so long? We know they're not studying, Buffy is such a terrible student. I heard she handed the last history test blank. Not even her name. 

I mean, I can see what he might see in her. She's pretty. But what would she be doing with him? He's OLD. Besides, rumor around school is she's dating the hottest guy out there. Why would she be with a zillion years old librarian? Really, I mean, if she were a little more social she could have any boy in school. 

Weird people, her and her friends, and the librarian at the head of them all.


Lessons

Note: This part is from the POV of Jenny, and it takes place after "Innocence'

Well, I learned my lesson. Never lie to a watcher about things concerning his slayer. Now he won't even look at me. 

I never expected to marry him or anything. He'll never choose me over her. he'll never choose anyone over her. But I wanted to be friends. Something. To at least have him until he makes the move on her. Now I have nothing. Not him, not Buffy, and Willow won't talk to me unless it's about her computer class. 

I wonder if this will open their eyes. He doesn't have me, she doesn't have Angel… seems like perfect timing for the goddess to open their eyes. 

Goddess, but I'm jealous.


School Spirit

Note: This part is from the POV of Ms. Moran, the history teacher that didn't recognize Buffy in "Homecoming'. This takes part in the beginning of 3rd season, in the teacher's lounge in the school. She's bringing a new teacher up to speed on the recent, and not so recent, gossip.

"Well, I heard that he punched principal Snyder.'

"He didn't!! He'd be fired!'

"Well, that's what I heard. Snyder wouldn't let this student into school, you know a blond that used to be in the library all the time. And he hit him to make him do that!'

"Well, would you attack your boss for a student?'

"I wouldn't. But she isn't just a student to him, if you get what I mean.'

"What? No…"

"Yes, it's been going on since she got here. She's ALWAYS in the library. And you know what else?"

"What?"

"Snyder let her back in."

"I don't believe it. Snyder would have fired him."

"Word has it he's part of it. I mean, why else would he look the other way on what those two are doing between the stacks?"

"Does he have any proof?"

"Well, not as such, but everybody knows it's true. Those two are inseparable. And she is such a lovely thing. He's not bad himself, if older men are her style… which obviously they are." 

"And this has been going on for how long?"

"Since she got here, about two years ago, in the middle of her sophomore year."

"Well, I'm sorry, but I just don't believe it. Not about them, and not about him hitting Snyder. He's so gentle looking. I want some proof."

"Well, you're welcome to try and get it. We did, but those two always seem to know when there's someone in the library."

"Maybe you should just leave a video camera?"

"That's a good idea."

"I was kidding."


Maternal Instinct

Note: This part is from the POV of Joyce, our favorite slayer's mother, and it takes place after "Helpless".

Well, that was an interesting birthday. Thanks to that man. 

I could just kill him. 

And the way she just forgave him. "Oh, gee, you almost got me and my mom killed. Would you like to go to the ice show?"

God. 

At least she hasn't noticed him. In any way that's bad. He is kind of… well, if he weren't her watcher I might have made a pass at him myself. I wonder if kids still say "make a pass.".

If he gets his paws on her… and how could she just forgive him?


Chosen Perspective

Note: This part is from the POV of Faith. She's watching them patrol.

Look at them. The perfect slayer with her watcher. That guy is total lap dog. But only where she's concerned. He was never that nice to me. "Listen to me, Faith." "Do as you're told, Faith." "Calm down, Faith." Never told her to calm down. And she never does what he tells her to unless it gives her a chance to show off. 

Oh, look, she hurt herself dusting a vamp. Isn't that nice, he's checking it out? He never checked me for injuries. Never thinks about anyone but his precious little Buffy. You got a booboo? Let me fuck it better. But no, he would never fuck her. He'd leave that to the guy who tortured him. I can't believe he's letting them date. Has the man no self respect? 

And her. God, slayer, I thought you were supposed to be able to see more clearly. You are SO blind. You got this watcher here who cares about nothing other than you and you date that Angel Winnie? Get it together girl. Wake up and smell the dust, he wants you. Take him. Before I grab that little piece of hunk.


Reality

Note: This part is from the POV of Riley, and it takes place sometime during season four, after they get together.

Okay so maybe I'm being paranoid. But she spends so much time with him. She asks me about a dress, I tell her she looks great, and then she asks him. And I will bet anything that if he told her it didn't look good she wouldn't wear it no matter what I said. 

I asked her to a movie on Saturday and she said he and her already made plans. She reschedules Willow for me, but not him? You'll not convince me there's nothing going on there.

Maybe it's the accent. Girls like Brit accents. I know that. I think. Maybe it's just the fact that he's older than her. That day when she said she was getting married she said her old boyfriend was old. Maybe she has a thing for older men. 

Prof. Walsh says he's handsome, but she's his age. What does she know?

And why is it that whenever I talk to her, his name comes up? At least once every conversation. "Giles said this." "Giles did that." "Giles thinks…" Who cares what Giles thinks? Is she dating me or him? And how odd is it that she's so hung up on a guy, but she won't even call him by his first name?


Expectations

Note: This is from the POV of neutered Spike. 

What the hell did she go down to L. A for? And where did this Olivia chick come from? What, am I the only one who noticed? Those two are like… like… like Dru and I used to be, only with out the fun in bed part. 

Wonder how long it will take before they ship me over to Xander's place so that they "can be alone". And is he or isn't he going to kick Olivia out? Cause if that slayer of his wakes up anytime soon, she's going to hurt that lady. Bad. 

I'd say something myself, but they won't listen to me. Bugger, they won't listen to anyone. This whole bloody thing is like one huge "to be continued". Wonder how long I'll have to wait. 

The End

 

<< back