"Guilty Pleasures "

Author: Ashlee
Contact: ashlee_999@hotmail.com
Author's Notes: This story deals with a controversial relationship between a student and teacher. If that bothers you, this isn't the story for you. I'm also giving you two chapters to get started, I hope you like it!

1

2

3

It didn't start with lust. Contrary to what most people would expect, the passion didn't come until later, although the attraction was always there. The longing, the excitement, the fixation- they were all side effects of what was really happening. Of what was boiling below the surface. Nobody would have expected it. Nobody would have thought that it started with something so effortless, so undemanding. That something so involved and full of such an array of emotions could have started with a simple brush of their hands.


"Buffy!" Willow called to her best friend.

Buffy turned and waved at her friend, making her way to where she was leaning against a huge oak tree. "Hey, Wills," she said with a bright smile, seconds before she was lifted into the air and spun around.

"Xander!" Buffy squealed, knowing it was her friend without even looking.

"That's enough!"

Xander immediately dropped Buffy to the ground, reaching out to steady her as she wobbled dizzily on her feet before they all turned to face the annoying voice.

"Sorry, Principal Snyder," they all mumbled. Even Willow, who wasn't guilty of anything.

"First day of school, and you hooligans are already out in full force," Snyder said, glaring at each of them in turn.

Buffy quickly tuned out the irritating so-called authority figure as her eyes focused on the man standing next to him. She felt a blush creep into her cheeks when she realized his eyes were already fixed on her as well.

"Keep an eye on them, Mr. Bradley," Snyder continued, turning to face the man. "They'll be sure to give you some trouble."

Spike was barely listening to the man as he nodded his agreement, slowly following after Snyder as he reluctantly broke eye contact with the beautiful girl.

"Wow," Buffy mumbled under her breath, giving Willow a sheepish smile when she overheard. "Um... we should probably get going."


Buffy and Willow were giggling about something as they walked into their history class. It was the last class of the day, and Buffy had been trying as hard as she could to get the image of the bleached man out of her head.

This task would have been much easier if he wasn't standing behind the desk in the classroom. Buffy came to a quick stop, causing Willow to run into her with an, "Oomph!"

Buffy seemed to go into a trance as the man raised his sapphire eyes to hers. The energy in the room seemed to crackle as they stared at each other. Buffy reluctantly broke the eye contact, feeling a blush creep into her cheeks as Willow walked around her and led them to two desks, close to the front.

Spike watched the blonde, feeling slightly short of breath as she sat down, her already short skirt riding up her tanned thighs. He tore his eyes away, silently kicking himself for ogling a student, as the bell rang, signaling the beginning of class.

"Hello, all," Spike greeted. He noticed the blonde's eyes shoot up to his as he spoke. "My name's William Bradley, and although I have no problems with you calling me by my first name, the school does."

'Oh God, oh God, oh God,' Buffy thought, her eyes still trained on the man who was way too hot to be a teacher. 'He's got an accent!'

The rest of the class seemed to pass in a blur as Buffy tried to focus on keeping her breathing regulated and the blush out of her cheeks every time he looked at her- which seemed to be a lot.

'Don't be silly, Buffy,' she scolded herself. 'You're sitting in the front of the class- of course he's going to look your way since you're closest to him.'

The bell rang, signaling the end of the class, and Buffy slowly began to gather her things together.

"Buffy, I've got to run," Willow said, hoisting her bag onto her shoulder. "I promised Percy I'd tutor him, and I'm supposed to meet him in the library right now."

"Okay, Wills, call me later," Buffy replied with a smile as her friend left the room with the rest of the class.

Buffy quickly gathered her books before turning and running into her teacher, dropping everything in her arms. Her hand immediately flew to her mouth in shock. "Oh my God, Mr. Bradley, I'm SO sorry," she cried in embarrassment. "I-I have this problem with coordination," she finished, blushing when she saw the smile on his face.

"It's alright, pet," Spike replied, entranced by this endearing girl.

'He just called me 'pet',' she thought excitedly before reaching down to pick up her scattered books. Unfortunately, she didn't see that Spike was about to do the same thing as their heads bumped together. Both groaned, each holding their foreheads before straightening, empty handed.

"I told you," Buffy said with a mortified smile. "I'm like a walking jinx."

"No," Spike said, shaking his head with a smile. "It was my fault."

Buffy gave another nervous smile before retrieving her books and shoving them in her bag.

"I'm sorry, I'm not exactly the most efficient teacher on the first day. I didn't get your name."

"Buffy," she replied, getting lost in his eyes again. "Buffy Summers."

Spike stared into her eyes for a long minute before giving her a soft smile. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Buffy Summers."

"You, too, Mr. Bradley," she said, not wanting to leave but knowing she had to. "Well, I better... "

Buffy trailed off as she gestured to the door.

"Oh... yeah, sorry about that. I didn't mean to keep you from your friends," Spike replied with a nod, feeling a stab of disappointment that she was leaving his presence.

"No, don't worry, you didn't keep me from them."

"Boyfriend?"

Spike knew he was getting much too personal, but Buffy didn't seem to mind. He held his breath as he waited for her answer, and he really didn't want to analyze why he was doing that.

"No... no boyfriend," she said, shaking her head.

Buffy saw the smile that he quickly tried to hide at hearing this and felt an answering smile spread on her lips.

"Well, I'll see you tomorrow, Miss Summers."

"Yeah," Buffy said quietly as she left the room, trying to control the butterflies that seemed to be raging in her stomach.

Spike sat down at his desk, dropping his head into his hands. "She's your student," he whispered to himself. "She's off limits."


"It was nothing, Wills," Buffy said into the phone, a bright smile plastered on her face. "He just helped me pick up my books, that's all," she insisted.

"Really?" Willow asked skeptically as she fed her fish. "So that's why you're taking extra time picking out what to wear tomorrow?"

Buffy froze, holding a skirt in midair before dropping it onto the growing pile on her bed. "That's beside the point," she said dismissively.

"Oh, come on, Buffy," Willow replied. "The guy was a major hottie- it's okay to ogle."

"No, no, there was no ogling," Buffy said in a voice that betrayed her true feelings about the situation.

"So if he wasn't a teacher and you weren't his student, you wouldn't be a tiny bit interested?" Willow asked with a smile, already knowing the answer.

"Okay, you know I would, but I'm strictly in a 'no touching' situation. Not like he would want me to touch him, but-"

"Buffy," Willow interrupted. "Don't believe everything that Riley told you, alright?"

Buffy smiled gratefully, even though her friend couldn't see it. "I'll try... I better get some sleep. I'll see you in the morning, Wills."

"Good night, Buffy."

Buffy hung up the phone with a heavy sigh. Yes, she was in a 'no touching' zone with William Bradley, but that didn't mean she couldn't fantasize about him.

Buffy jumped when a knock sounded on the door, looking almost guilty when she opened it for her mom.

"Hi, Honey," Joyce greeted her happily. "Sorry, I had to work late."

"That's okay," Buffy replied with a smile.

"Have you seen your father?"

"I don't think he's home, yet," Buffy said, her smile fading at the worried look on her mother's face.

"How was your first day?"

"It was good," Buffy emphasized with a nod as she began putting her clothes away, trying to ignore the unsettling feeling in her stomach.

"Uh oh," Joyce said with a smile. "There's already a wardrobe crisis, and it's only been one day. New boyfriend on the horizon?"

"I don't know if boyfriend is the right word," Buffy replied, feeling her face heat up.

"But there's a guy that you want to notice you."

"Something like that."

"As long as this new boy doesn't interfere with your schoolwork. You know your English and history grades were waning last year."

Buffy froze, biting her lips before glancing worriedly at her mother. Did she know something? No, of course not. There was nothing for her to know, and besides, her grades did suffer last year after her personal life took a turn for the worst.

"I'll do better this year, I promise."

"Well, I'm glad to hear it, but maybe you can ask Willow for some extra help."

"I'll think about it."


Spike was looking forward to his last class a little too much. He had only seen Buffy once, laughing with her friends on the other side of the cafeteria, and he felt an unmistakable pull toward her. He had resisted it, of course, but it was still disturbing nonetheless.

Now, as Buffy walked into his classroom, wearing a simple yellow sundress that made her golden tan stand out even more, Spike was struck by how innocent she appeared to be. She looked so... so...

"Young, you git," he muttered to himself, straightening a pile of already organized papers, doing anything to avert his eyes from the blonde girl who was rapidly becoming the object of Spike's thoughts.

Class seemed to pass by in a blur of stolen moments. Both were trying to avert their eyes as much as possible, but more often than not, couldn't avoid the inevitable. Spike wandered up and down the aisles as he lectured, unable to resist the urge to brush his hand 'accidentally' against Buffy's bare shoulder, noticing the shiver that ran up and down her spine that she tried to suppress.

He was fascinated with the way she seemed to worry her bottom lip when she took notes. Spike moved to the front of the room, glancing at her as he spoke and locking their eyes again.

Buffy felt short of breath throughout the entire class. When his hand lightly brushed against her shoulder, she was sure it was an accident, but it still sent her heart racing. She could just imagine his hands on other parts of her body...

Buffy nearly smacked herself in the head as the bell rang. It was only the second day of class, and she was having lusty wrong feelings about her history teacher.

Buffy gathered her things together, trying to keep up with Willow as they left the room. "Hey, Wills, can I ask you a favor?"

"Sure, Buff."

"Well, Mom's on this worrying kick already," she said as they stopped outside the library door. "She wants me to get some extra help in English and history, and I was kind of wondering-"

"Buffy, I'd love to help, but I just can't right now," Willow interrupted, the remorse evident in her voice at not being able to help her best friend.

"Hey," Buffy said with a bright smile. "No big. I mean, you're already helping Percy. I should have known."

"Buffy-"

"No, Wills, it's really okay. You should probably get in there," she said, gesturing toward the library door.

"Yeah," Willow agreed. "I really do wish I could."

Buffy nodded, keeping her smile in place as Willow walked into the library. The hallway was almost empty as Buffy turned around, leaning against a locker, letting her eyes close as her smile faded.

"Something wrong, luv?"

Buffy opened her eyes, her mouth dropping open slightly when she saw Mr. Bradley standing in front of her. Buffy quickly straightened, smoothing the fabric of her dress as she shook her head. "I'm fine."

Spike tilted his head slightly, studying her as she nervously shifted from one foot to the other. "I'm not buying it," he replied.

"It's stupid," Buffy said, shaking her head with a small smile. "I just asked my friend if she could tutor me, but she's too busy. Not exactly 'world in peril' kind of stuff. Well, not until my mom finds out I'll be repeating my senior year," she finished, trying to lighten her own mood.

"What subject?" Spike asked.

Buffy blushed, almost ashamed to admit that it was his class. "English and... history."

Spike tilted his head, looking at her. "You're doing fine in my class, Miss Summers. I realize it's only the second day, but you've been attentive and taking notes."

"Yeah, but when test time comes around, it's another story. It's like a freeze up and forget everything I've learned."

Spike took a deep breath, already kicking himself for what he was about to say. "What if I tutor you?"

Buffy's eyes widened a fraction as she stared at him in disbelief. "You're serious?" she asked softly.

"Completely," Spike replied. "I'm free nearly everyday after school, if you want to stop by for an hour or two."

Buffy moistened her suddenly very dry mouth, noticing Spike's eyes dart to her tongue as it swept across her lips.

Spike had to suppress a groan when her tongue peeked out of her lips, feeling a slight movement in his groin.

"That would be great," Buffy replied, almost nervously.

"Okay," Spike said with a nod as he began to back away. "We can start tomorrow if you like."

"Thanks, Mr. Bradley."

Buffy saw him smile before turning and disappearing down the hall.

Spike made it to his classroom, shutting the door and leaning his head against it. Closing his eyes, he tried to will away his growing erection. He hadn't had a reaction to something so harmless since he was in high school. How was he ever going to make it through an entire hour with her?


Buffy was so anxious the next day. She was tempted to skip her tutoring session with Mr. Bradley and go home, but there was no good news waiting for her at home. Her father had informed Buffy the night before that he would be leaving her mother. Buffy hadn't been shocked by the announcement, but she did feel almost abandoned when she saw him carry a suitcase out to his car and pull out of the driveway without turning back. She went through the standard feelings. The first on the list was feeling responsible for his departure. If she had been a better daughter, would he have stayed? She had so many combined feelings regarding him and her mother that she didn't know how to deal with the swirling emotions that were coursing through her.

On top of everything, the added stress of having to spend the afternoon with a man whom she was attracted to but could never have was enough to almost drive her over the edge. She just knew it was stupid for her to have any type of feeling regarding her history teacher, but she couldn't stop the nervous sensations she got whenever he was in close proximity.

Since school started earlier in the week, Buffy had assumed she would look forward to Mr. Bradley's class, but today, she wasn't so sure. She couldn't skip the class or they would call her mother, and that would equal the lecture of the century and assumptions that Buffy was becoming depressed as a result of the inevitable divorce or whatever her book of the month told her about raising a teenaged daughter.

On the other hand, if she wanted to give a legitimate reason for missing the tutoring session, she couldn't very well do that after staring at him for an entire hour. No one in their right mind would pass up the opportunity for some one-on-one time with the sexy Brit.

With a deep breath, Buffy decided to bite the bullet and go to class. Anything was better than going home and getting a pep talk from her mom. Mr. Bradley had been very generous in offering her help, and she would be petty not to take it.

Buffy zoned out through most of her history class, never noticing Spike glancing at her, almost worriedly, as she stared at her hands. When the final bell rang, Buffy said good-bye to Willow as her red haired friend left the room. Buffy stayed in her seat as the rest of the class filed out, never hearing when the door clicked shut.

Spike looked up and saw her biting her bottom lip in the most distracting way. His mind went to a place that it shouldn't go but had been going there repeatedly since Monday morning.

'Bloody hell,' Spike thought. 'You're twenty seven years old, you pillock! Don't lust after a teenager.'

Anytime he got in the vicinity of the little blonde, all he wanted to do was take her in his arms. Of course, today, he wanted to find out what was keeping that worried look on her face.

"You okay, luv?" Spike asked softly, sitting in the desk to her right, not wanting to be intimidating to her by standing.

Buffy's eyes snapped up to his as she swallowed hard, almost trying to swallow away her nervousness. "I'm fine," she answered too quickly.

"I'm not buying it," Spike said softly as she looked up at him, their eyes locking as blue and hazel seemed to clash.

Buffy bit her lip again, turning away as she pulled her history book out of her bag for the first time that day. "Sorry, I've been a space cadet today," Buffy said, turning back to him as she put her book on the desk.

"Anything you need to talk about?" he asked in a gentle, soothing tone that made her want to throw herself in his arms and let him take all of her worries away... not that she didn't want that to begin with, but this time it was for a different reason.

"No," Buffy said quietly, shaking her head. "Thank you, though."

Spike gave her another concerned look before picking up her book and walking to the corner of the room where his desk was located. Buffy stayed where she was until Spike beckoned her toward him.

"We can sit here, luv," he said, gesturing to his desk. "Easier to study if you have more space."

Buffy nodded as she walked toward him, smiling when he offered her his comfortable swivel chair as he dragged a plastic one toward the desk for himself.

Both slowly relaxed as the hour flew by, becoming more comfortable in the presence of the other. Spike was still worried by how withdrawn she seemed to be.

"Do you need a ride home, luv?" he asked as he began to straighten his desk.

"No, I'll walk... thanks."

Spike watched as she slowly packed up her backpack, making a move to stand but was stopped when she felt the pressure of the chair turn back to face Spike as he turned her around. He looked at her for a moment, almost trying to see a secret that might be told just by watching her.

"Buffy... if you need to talk... "

Spike let the comment hang in the air as she stared at him.

Buffy hesitated for a minute before responding. "My father moved out last night," she said softly.

Spike's already sympathetic expression turned even softer as he listened. "I'm sorry, luv," he whispered, looking her in the eyes. "Did he give you any warning?"

Buffy shrugged, swallowing the lump in her throat as she looked at the floor, blinking back tears. "They fought a lot... he and my mom," she said softly. "I guess it's better this way, I just wonder... "

"Wonder... what?"

"If it was because of me," she whispered, feeling a few tears stream down her cheeks as she frantically wiped them away.

"Buffy, don't think that," Spike said in a soothing voice. "Adults have fights in their relationships... sometimes things get worked out, sometimes they don't, but it's not your fault. Do you believe me?"

Buffy shrugged, sniffling slightly as her tears began to subside. "I could have been better last year. Maybe if I had been, things would be different."

"What happened last year?" he asked in a gentle tone.

"I put a lot of stress on them. Staying out late, never telling them where I was at night, letting my grades fall... consequently leading to tutoring. I just... if I had just done what they asked... maybe things would have worked out."

Spike leaned forward slightly, staring into her eyes as he spoke. "You're not to blame, Buffy," he whispered, letting his hand brush across hers almost accidentally as he offered comfort.

Both felt the charge that ran through them as their eyes never broke contact. Before either of them could think of what was happening, they met in a tender kiss. Their lips seemed to melt together, completing each other in an almost perfect way.

Neither one knew who had initiated the kiss, and neither cared as Spike's hands came up to gently cup her face, letting his fingers wind through her hair as they continued their soft caresses. His tongue ran across her bottom lip, begging entrance as Buffy gasped, allowing their tongues to meet and stroke together.

Buffy felt lightheaded as she clutched at his strong arms, feeling almost dizzy as they slowly broke away. She stared at him for a moment before realizing what she had just done. Her hand came up to cover her mouth. "Oh my God," she murmured, averting her eyes.

"Buffy-"

"No, I-I'm sorry, Mr. Bradley."

Spike watched, feeling helpless as Buffy bolted from her seat, grabbing her bag as she practically ran out the door.

Spike could still see stars dancing in front of his eyes from the emotions that she had evoked.

Spike let his head fall into his hands, shaking it back and forth slowly. "Bloody hell."


Buffy was terrified as she walked toward her history class the next day. The kiss they had shared had been haunting her, and she didn't know how she was going to be able to sit in front of him for an hour.

'What if he told somebody?' Buffy wondered, feeling more tension flow through her muscles. 'Would I get in trouble? No, of course he wouldn't tell anyone- he would get into trouble,' she thought with a sigh of relief before a new thought occurred. 'What if he hates me now?'

These thoughts and more were fluttering through Buffy's mind as she entered Mr. Bradley's class. Their eyes met briefly before Buffy turned away, feeling ashamed. She slowly walked to her seat, offering a tentative smile to Willow as she sat down, still avoiding any eye contact.

'How could you kiss your teacher, Buffy?' she asked herself, fighting the urge to bury her face in her hands as she stared at her desk.

Spike watched Buffy with a worried expression. He felt guilty about taking advantage of her, but she seemed even more withdrawn than she was yesterday. He had to fight to tear his eyes away from her, wishing he could talk to her.

Buffy took notes as the seconds seemed to drag by. She never allowed herself to raise her eyes from her notebook, but she could feel his presence, wherever he happened to be. Buffy could feel his eyes on her as he walked through the rows of desks as his students took notes, and she had to fight the shivers that were wanting to race down her spine.

She was beginning to wonder if the hour was ever going to end when the bell finally rang. Buffy hurriedly gathered her books, trying to slip by unnoticed. Of course, it didn't work.

"Miss Summers... could you stay for a moment?"

Buffy nervously bit her lip as Willow turned to wave good-bye to her. Buffy watched with trepidation as the door of the classroom closed, leaving her alone with him. Taking a deep breath to steady her nerves, she turned around and locked her eyes with his as he took a few steps toward her.

"Miss Summers-"

"Mr. Bradley, I'm sorry," Buffy blurted out, taking a step forward as he tilted his head, looking at her in confusion. "What happened yesterday- I never meant to do that, and I just wanted to say I was sorry, because I know you would never want me in that way, and I-"

"Buffy," he said softly, interrupting her tirade as he took another step closer. "You didn't do anything wrong."

"But I-"

"It was my fault," Spike continued. "I took advantage of a vulnerable situation, and I hope you can forgive me... and as for wanting you in that way... "

Spike didn't say any more as Buffy blushed, looking down. "It wasn't your fault," Buffy replied, shaking her head.

Spike began to laugh as he shook his head. "I guess we can agree that we were both in the wrong," he said with a smile as he looked at her before the smile slowly dropped. "Buffy, I need to ask you not to mention this to anyone."

"Of course," Buffy said with a soft smile as she nodded. "I know you could get into trouble, and I would never want that to happen."

Spike gave her a grateful smile. "Thank you," he said genuinely. "I hope you'll still let me help you after school."

"I'd like that," Buffy nodded.

"What about today?" Spike asked, waiting almost hopefully for her answer.

"Great," Buffy replied with false enthusiasm. She wasn't sure if she could be in such close proximity to him without thinking of that kiss.

"So, it's forgotten then?" he asked.

"It never happened," Buffy replied.

Except it did... and they both knew it.


An hour later, Buffy and Spike had settled into a comfortable work mode. The kiss hadn't been mentioned again, and both weren't sure how they felt about it.

"Did you hear from your dad?" Spike asked as Buffy began putting her books away.

"Yeah," Buffy replied. "He's staying at a hotel a few miles away. He said he's looking for an apartment," she trailed off quietly.

"I'm sorry, luv," Spike said softly.

"It's not your fault," Buffy said with a shrug, trying to look as nonchalant about the situation as possible.

"No," Spike replied. "But you shouldn't have to go through this. It's your senior year- you're supposed to be out having a good time with your friends and not worrying about your parents."

"I had more than enough fun last year," Buffy replied, realizing too late that she was insinuating something that wasn't necessarily true as Spike looked at her questioningly. "I didn't mean... "

Buffy trailed off with a sigh looking away as she and Spike both stood from their seats.

Spike slowly leaned forward to tuck a strand of hair behind her ear. The intimacy of the moment surprised both of them as they looked into each other's eyes. Spike's hand rested on her cheek longer than necessary as they slowly began feeling the pull to the other.

Spike sighed, closing his eyes as he took a small step back. "Okay, so it's not entirely forgotten."

Buffy was surprised that he had spoken so bluntly, her mouth dropping open slightly as she watched him.

Spike opened his eyes, tightening his jaw as he looked at her before reaching out and gently taking her hand in his. "I really shouldn't be doing this."

Buffy barely had time to register what he had said as his arms wrapped around her, pulling her close and crushing his mouth to hers. The previous kiss had been warm and tender. This one was desperate. His body pressed hers against the nearby wall as their tongues met, frantically craving contact from the other.

Spike broke away from her lips, trailing kisses along her jaw and down her neck. He could feel her heart rapidly pounding under his touch as his lips met hers in a softer kiss.

Breaking away after a moment, Spike took a step back, his hands never leaving her waist as he looked into her passion-filled eyes.

"I haven't thought of anything but you since I met you," he whispered as they both caught their breath. "I can't get you out of my mind, luv."

Buffy's heartbeat sped up as he, once again, closed the distance between them, his body fitting against hers. "You should probably go," he murmured without moving out of the way to actually let her go.

"Yeah," Buffy whispered, her eyes traveling from his eyes to his lips and back again. "I really should."

Instead of moving to the door, Spike's lips came down to Buffy's again, savoring everything, from the way she tasted to how her body felt against his.

His hands slowly traveled the length of her body before playing with the hem of her skirt. Buffy broke away, breathing deeply as she took both of his hands in hers, bringing them back up to her waist, making the implications clear as Spike nodded.

"Didn't mean to get so carried away, luv," he said softly, simply enjoying her hands in his as he stared at her.

Buffy nodded. "I guess I should go."

"I can take you home," Spike said as she grabbed her bag off the floor.

Buffy turned around with a smile on her face. "Somehow, I don't think that would be the best idea, do you?"

Spike chuckled, biting his bottom lip in an endearing way as he raised his eyes to hers. "I guess you're right."

Buffy watched him as his expression turned serious.

"Buffy-"

"You don't have to say it," Buffy said, waving her hand dismissively. "I know this doesn't mean anything."

"It doesn't?"

The question caused Buffy's eyes to widen as she looked at him. "Does it?" she asked quietly, not sure if she wanted an answer.

Spike took a step forward, loosely taking her hand in his as he raised it to his lips, leaving a delicate kiss on it as he kept eye contact. "Yes."


Buffy felt herself propelled against the wall as Spike's mouth attacked hers. She gasped for air as his hands roamed over her body, causing her to arch into him as he pushed against her. She gasped as his lips seemed to dance down the column of her throat as her fingers grasped at his shoulders.

It had been almost a week since their last kiss, and both had been very careful not to mention it... until today, anyway. Buffy had stayed after school for her tutoring session for the first time since their last kiss and endured an hour of being painfully civil to each other. Until she started to leave, that is. Spike had been so resistant to let her leave, and when his lips finally met hers in a passionate kiss, Buffy hadn't hesitated to surrender to him in any way she could.

Buffy felt her eyes flutter shut as his hands ran up her thighs and slipped under her skirt, lightly teasing her skin. "What about... the door?" she asked, barely able to form a coherent sentence while he was touching her.

"I don't care," he replied in a gruff voice.

"Mister-"

"Spike," he growled against her throat, sending a thrill running through her body as he lifted her into his arms before spinning around and sitting her on his desk, scattering the books and papers to the floor. "The name's Spike."

"Why Spike?" she asked breathlessly as he pushed her skirt over her hips before pulling back to look at her.

"You're about to find out, luv," he replied with a smirk.

Buffy felt her skin flush under his gaze. His lips returned to hers as her hands frantically worked on his belt, desperately needing to feel more of him.

"Baby, I want you so much," he groaned against her lips as her legs spread more in reaction to his words.

"Then take me," she said breathlessly, pulling his cock free from his confining pants. Spike couldn't believe what he was hearing, but he knew if he turned her down, he would be a fool.

'Damned if you do, damned if you don't,' his brain seemed to taunt him as he looked into her hazel eyes.

Spike stared at her for a long moment, knowing that there was no going back after this. Pushing all thoughts from his head, Spike's hands went to her hips, pulling her to the edge of the desk. His lips met hers with a ferocious intensity seconds before he sunk into her.

Buffy nearly screamed as his invasion sent her into an instantaneous orgasm. Her inner muscles tightened and fluttered around him, causing Spike to still his movements as he buried his face in her neck. He definitely wasn't going to last long if she reacted to him like this.

"You're so tight," he murmured against her skin, slowly opening his eyes to take in her flushed face and lust-filled gaze. "I've wanted you since I first laid eyes on you," he continued as he hesitantly pulled out of her hot body before pushing back into her with an achingly gradual pace.

The long strokes were nearly driving her insane with bliss as she arched her body to meet his thrusts.

Spike made a conscious effort not to pound into her, even though he wanted nothing more- he didn't want his overzealous needs to hurt her. The thrill of getting caught was racing through both of them as they moved as one, each feeling complete for the first time.

Spike pulled back slightly to look into her eyes, shocked at the emotions that seemed to be displayed in them. He knew exactly what she was feeling because everything was mirrored back to her in his own gaze. His movements began to speed up, their eyes never breaking contact as she gasped for air every time their hips met, grinding together in the most sensual way.

Slowly, Buffy's eyes fluttered shut as he pushed into her with more ferocity. "Don't stop," she said breathlessly, her back arching as his hands tightened on her hips at her whispered request. "Please, don't stop," she moaned as she clung to him.

Spike nearly fell over the edge just hearing her voice, thick with desire, begging him. He renewed his efforts, rapidly pumping into her wet passage as her body began shaking with need.

"Buffy... pet... I'm not going to last much longer," he whispered. "You're too bloody tight... feels too good."

Practically lifting her from the desk when he felt himself spiraling out of control, Buffy struggled to breathe as the new angle seemed to stretch and fill her in ways she didn't know was possible.

She felt as if she was losing control, her body craving the release that he was rapidly pushing her to. Spike could feel her muscles squeezing him, seeking out her climax. Leaning forward, he let his lips brush across her ear. "Let it go, baby," he whispered in a seductive tone. "Just let it go... come for me."

His hand came up to cover her mouth, knowing that her scream of satisfaction wouldn't be far behind, and the last thing they needed was for someone to run into the room.

Something about the dominating position sent Buffy over the edge, clutching at Spike's shoulders and screaming into his palm when she felt him begin to spill his load inside of her.

Buffy buried her head in his chest, letting her breathing return to normal, and was surprised when his arms circled her waist. She breathed in the strong scent of cigarette smoke and musky cologne with an underlying hint of leather. She vaguely remembered seeing him wearing a leather duster at some point.

Spike inhaled the vanilla and honeysuckle fragrance of her hair as he let his eyes close, enjoying the closeness of holding her.

Buffy felt him slip from her, immediately feeling the loss of not being connected anymore. She stood up, straightening her clothes and trying to control her heart as it hammered in her chest, almost painfully. She slowly gathered her books, biting her lips as the nervous sensations nearly had her trembling. Buffy had only had one sexual experience, and it hadn't left her with the best expectations of what to expect afterward.

Spike watched her, his brow furrowed in curiosity as she turned to leave the room. "Buffy," he said softly, causing her to turn around. He closed the distance between them, slipping a finger under her chin as he raised her eyes to his. "I'll take you home, luv," he whispered, looking at her questioningly.

Buffy's shoulders sagged in relief at the soft words.

"Come on," he murmured, placing his hand on the small of her back and leading her out of the classroom.


The ride to Buffy's house was made in silence, apart from Buffy pointing out directions. Spike kept a close eye on her as he drove, worried by her silence. By the time he pulled into her driveway, he was starting to think he took advantage of her.

Turning off the engine, his hand grasped Buffy's as hers reached out for the door handle. "Buffy-"

"You don't have to say it," Buffy said quietly, avoiding his eyes. "Nobody will ever know... I promise."

Spike's questioning look returned as he tilted his head to stare at her. "Good to know, luv, but that's actually not what I was going to ask you."

Her eyes finally rose to his as she waited.

"What's wrong?"

Buffy looked down at their hands, still joined, though it was obvious that it was more of a way to keep her in the car and not a show of intimacy. "I don't know how to do this," she whispered.

"Do what, pet?"

"This," she replied, gesturing to both of them.

"You mean what comes next?"

Buffy's wide eyes shot up to his. "Next?"

"Buffy, I know you've done this before, since this wasn't your first time." Spike tried to push down the stab of jealousy that the thought of her with someone else seemed to evoke.

"That's just it," Buffy said with an embarrassed smile. "It wasn't exactly the best experience to learn on."

Spike had to resist the smile when she said 'experience' in the single context. "What happened?" he asked, real concern lacing its way through his voice as he watched her carefully.

Buffy turned away from him, looking out the window as the leaves rustled in the gentle wind, offering her a welcome distraction from the memories that assaulted her. "It's me," she whispered. "I'm not... he didn't want me."

"He?"

"The first guy I... "

"And he told you this?" Spike asked, feeling anger flood his body, his grip on her hand tightening involuntarily before he realized what he was doing.

"He didn't have to," Buffy said quietly. "I kind of figured it out when I woke up alone and went to look for him. He was... he was with someone else."

Spike closed his eyes, wanting to pull her into his arms and comfort her but settled on twisting his hand until it was holding hers in a comfortable grip. "He was a fool," Spike replied softly. "Any man would be a fool to leave you."

Buffy looked at him with tears glistening in her eyes. "Is this all it was, Spike?" she whispered, not sure if she wanted to know the answer but knowing that she needed to know.

Spike gave her a gentle smile before leaning forward to leave a tender kiss on her lips. Pulling back after a moment, he stared into her eyes. "This is only the beginning."


Buffy was a nervous wreck sitting in Spike's class, watching as he went through his regular method of teaching... and never once making eye contact with her.

'He regrets it,' Buffy thought. 'It was a mistake, and he must have realized that last night.'

She sat through an hour that was both agonizingly long and excruciatingly short. When the bell finally rang, Buffy slowly gathered her books, wanting to speak to him but not sure how to broach the subject. She was pretty sure that, 'Hey, remember who I am? I'm the girl you fucked yesterday' wasn't going to cut it.

"Hey, Buffy, do you still have that book you borrowed last week?"

Buffy tore her gaze away from Spike to look at her best friend. "Yeah, Wills. It's in my locker."

"Could we get it? I kind of need it today."

"Sure," Buffy replied, shooting another nervous glance to Spike and suppressing a sigh when he appeared to be engrossed in some papers on his desk. "Let's go."

Spike looked up to see Buffy and her friend walking out of the classroom. He tried to ignore the incessant voice in his head telling him to go after her. He hadn't even been able to look at her in class for fear of everyone seeing through his carefully crafted façade.


Ten minutes later, Buffy stood in the empty hallway, worrying her bottom lip. She was at a crossroads... literally. To her left was the exit, the logical choice that she should take, but it wasn't nearly as appealing as what was to the right... Spike.

Buffy looked at the hallway that led to his classroom. Even if he did want to give her the brush-off, she had to know. Taking a deep breath, Buffy walked toward his classroom, turning to walk in and stopping in her tracks.

She stood watching Spike and the computer teacher Ms. Calendar blatantly flirting with each other. Buffy felt her heart drop into her stomach as Spike gave Jenny a dazzling smile. A smile that Buffy had never been on the receiving end of.

Spike looked over Jenny's shoulder, his smile slowly fading as he saw Buffy standing in the doorway, one hand braced on the frame as she watched the interaction in front of her. He expected a typical teenage response of an angry glare before turning and storming down the hallway. What he didn't expect was Buffy's soft smile of understanding before she turned and walked away.

Spike could still hear Jenny talking about something that had happened in one of her classes, but his mind was on the blonde. He suppressed his jaw clenching and the urge to squeeze his eyes shut as her words from the day before came back to haunt him.

*It's me. I'm not... he didn't want me.*

He felt his heart seize, guilt flooding through him as he tried to think of a way to excuse himself from Ms. Calendar and go after the younger girl.


Buffy walked down the street, her arms crossed over her chest as she let silent tears stream down her cheeks. It wasn't worth it to cry, and Buffy silently promised herself that the tears wouldn't last long. After all, it was nothing. It was a fling. Just a fun memory. She was stronger than this, she would be fine.

Hearing a car behind her begin to slow down, Buffy turned to look at it out of the corner of her eye. She was surprised to see Spike's black Desoto. Buffy quickly turned away, wiping the tears from her face, trying to get rid of any evidence that she'd been upset.

"Buffy!"

Buffy turned, biting her bottom lip as she looked at him. She fixed a small smile on her face. "Mr. Bradley."

Spike threw the car into park as Buffy stopped to look at him. "It's Spike," he said softly. "Get in the car, luv."

"I'm fine walking," Buffy replied politely.

"Buffy, please get in the car," Spike pleaded, giving her a look that she couldn't resist.

Buffy nervously looked around the neighborhood before sighing and reluctantly getting in the car.

Spike breathed a sigh of relief as the door shut behind her. He began driving, and Buffy vaguely realized that he wasn't driving toward her house. Both stayed silent for ten minutes until Spike pulled onto a gravel road, driving for a few more minutes until he pulled into a wooded area.

Turning off the ignition, his hands stayed on the wheel as he stared straight ahead. "What you saw today-"

"It doesn't matter," Buffy replied, shaking her head as she looked out her window. "I didn't really expect you to-"

"Stop right there," Spike said forcefully as he turned her to face him, feeling a lump form in his throat as he looked at her red eyes, evidence that she'd been crying just before he picked her up. "What you saw today was nothing," he emphasized as his hands came up to her face, wanting to hold her, to reassure her. "I need you to understand that."

Buffy nodded, not entirely convinced.

"I'm sorry I ignored you today, but I knew all of my resolve would crumble if I so much as looked at you."

Buffy felt herself relax, giving him a soft smile as his eyes watched his hands travel through her hair.

"I'm also a little unnerved," Spike said softly as Buffy tilted her head to look at him.

"Why?" she asked in confusion.

"We didn't use anything, Buffy."

Her eyes widened in comprehension. "I'm on the Pill, Spike."

He breathed a sigh of relief at the admission, the mood instantly changing.

"I don't know what you've done to me, Buffy," he whispered huskily as his hands abandoned her hair, dropping to the smooth expanse of her thighs. "You just keep pulling me in," he murmured as his lips brushed against hers, his strong arms pulling her into his lap as she returned the kiss. "Let me in," he pleaded, the double meaning not lost on either of them.

Buffy didn't hesitate as their lips fused together, her hands moving to his zipper as his pushed her skirt above her hips, grabbing her thighs and tightening his grip as she sunk down onto his cock. He groaned as she gasped, her eyes half-closed as she looked at him, her gaze filled with lust.

Buffy bit her lip, almost in embarrassment as she began to rise and fall, following Spike's lead. Spike saw the uncertainty etched in her features and immediately pulled her closer to him, his lips seeking hers before they each broke away with a moan.

His grip on her body tightened as he felt her muscles clench him.

"Fuck!" Spike rasped, his head falling to Buffy's shoulder as he tried to hold off on his orgasm. "I'm gonna come, pet. You feel too good."

His words alone sent Buffy soaring over the edge as her nails dug into his shoulders. "Spike!" she screamed, her body practically melting into his. Spike plunged into her, spilling himself within her hot depths as he shuddered in climax, her name a whisper on his lips as he held onto her.

Spike pulled back to look at her when he felt the hot tears against his skin. "What's wrong, luv?" he asked, tilting her chin up to look at him.

"It's stupid," she said with a soft blush, shaking her head.

"I won't think so."

Buffy took a deep breath before speaking. "I didn't... I didn't think this would happen again."

Spike leaned forward, pressing a gentle kiss to her lips. "I hope it's going to happen a lot more," he whispered with a smile.

Buffy rewarded him with a dazzling smile before leaning in to kiss him again.


Buffy suppressed her scream of climax as Spike's tongue continuously brought her more pleasure.

Spike was in heaven. The girl who was the object of every one of his fantasies was laying on his desk, naked, writhing with ecstasy because of what he was doing to her. Spike stood up, letting his pants slide down his legs as his erection sprung free.

Seconds before he was preparing to thrust into her wet opening, the PA speakers crackled in the room.

"Faculty meeting in the library, five minutes. Don't be late."

Spike ground his teeth together. "Bloody hell."

Buffy slowly came down from the bliss that was coursing through her body as she struggled to sit up.

Spike turned his eyes back to her, tilting his head to look at the young woman lying beneath him. "Where do you think you're going, pet?" he asked in a playful tone.

"You have a meeting," Buffy replied, still breathless. She gasped, a smile fluttering on her lips as he slowly pushed into her, never breaking eye contact.

"In five minutes," he replied with his own smile.

As they moved together, both were surprised at the intimacy of the moment. The situation was a far cry from being romantic- it was filled with too much lust to be considered romance- but something about being connected to each other with their bodies and their eyes brought a new depth to their relationship.

Something felt complete for the first time, but both were too consumed by desire to think about it.

Pleasure radiated through Buffy's body as everything else faded away. They were the only two people in the world, as far as she was concerned, and she wasn't willing to let go of the feeling just yet.

Spike tightened his hold on her, lifting her from the desk to pivot and press her against the dry-erase board that lined one wall. He had to squeeze his eyes shut as her back arched toward him, letting him penetrate even further.

"Tell me you're mine," he whispered as he continuously filled her.

"Yours," Buffy readily agreed. "Only yours."

Spike practically glowed at the admission, seconds before he felt her body shudder and convulse with her second climax. He followed closely behind, pulsing deep inside of her before pulling her close in a crushing hold.

This was Buffy's favorite time with Spike. The sex was unbelievably amazing, but it was nothing compared to the comfort he offered her, just by pulling her close to him directly afterward.

"That was bloody amazing," Spike said breathlessly, pulling back to brush the hair out of her face.

Buffy breathed heavily as she nodded, not trusting herself to speak. A few minutes later, Spike slipped from her warmth as he looked at the clock.

"Well, I'm late," he said with a slight grin.

"You don't seem too upset," Buffy replied, slowly pulling her clothes back on.

Spike buckled his belt before stepping behind Buffy as she adjusted her pants, wrapping his arms around her waist as she straightened. Her naked torso was enough to have him hard again as he began nibbling lightly on her neck.

"Of course I'm not upset, luv," he murmured against her skin. "I'd rather be inside you than sitting with a bunch of stuffy, tweed-wearing know-it-alls."

Buffy stiffened as she pulled away, slipping her shirt over her head. "You didn't seem to mind Ms. Calendar flirting with you."

Spike sighed. "Are you still on that?"

"Why shouldn't I be?" Buffy asked as she smoothed her hair. "You said it was nothing, but is that what I am? Is she just another 'nothing' to add to your list?"

Buffy had no idea where the hostility came from. It was as if her brain had become detached from her mouth and, judging from the look on Spike's face, they better become reacquainted real fast.

"What do you want me to say, Buffy?" he asked, narrowing his eyes at her as she grabbed her bag off the floor.

"Denying it might be a good start," Buffy replied, her arms crossed over her chest. How did things spiral out of control so fast? She felt as if she was in a standoff with a man that, just moments ago, she'd felt an unparalleled intimate connection.

"I don't owe you anything," Spike said, his anger getting the best of him. He regretted it the moment he saw the hurt flash in her eyes.

"Fine," Buffy said in a cold voice as her eyes hardened, hiding the emotions that she was feeling. "Then I guess I don't owe you anything."

"Buffy-"

"I'll just go find my own 'nothing' so I won't bother you anymore."

Spike caught her arm as she wrenched the door open. He was about to respond when he noticed a very flustered Rupert Giles with his hand poised to knock. Buffy and Spike stared at him for a moment before Spike dropped Buffy's arm as if it burned him.

"Miss Summers," Giles said, giving her a polite nod.

"Hello, Giles," she said softly.

Giles turned his attention to the other man. "Mr. Bradley, I was sent to see if you remembered the faculty meeting."

"On my way there now," Spike replied with a higher class accent than he normally used. "Just had to finish... tutoring Miss Summers."

"I see," Giles replied, not sounding entirely convinced.

"And if you'll excuse me," Buffy said, directing her attention at the older man. "My mom's expecting me."

"Of course," Giles said, moving out of the way as Buffy walked down the hallway.

"Miss Summers," Spike called after her, watching as she turned but didn't entirely face him. "We'll discuss the question you had at a later time."

"Don't worry about it, Mr. Bradley," Buffy replied, turning around to settle him with a hard look. "It's pretty clear. I'm understanding everything with perfect clarity."

Spike suppressed a sigh as she continued to walk away.

"Mr. Bradley," Giles spoke up, breaking him out of his thoughts. "I've known Miss Summers for a long time, and I care about her a great deal. I feel the need to remind you that she is only seventeen."

'Shit, shit, shit.'

"Whatever you're implying, Mr. Giles, I can assure you it is an unfounded concern."

"Glad to hear it," Giles said with a friendly smile and a slap on the back. Spike returned the smile halfheartedly as he followed the older man down the hallway. He felt his heart sink as he heard the exit door slam shut and could see Buffy through the pane of glass that was still rattling with the force that she slammed it as she hurriedly walked away. He was definitely going to have to make it up to her for this one.


Buffy surprised herself when she made it home and no tears were shed. She refused to let herself be a victim in this scenario.

'So we slept together... so what?' Buffy thought to herself. 'It's not like either of us made a big thing about it.'

Unfortunately, the same time her 'voice of reason' was speaking, another voice was making itself known. The one that was screaming 'LIAR!'

Buffy avoided her mother as she walked up to her room, collapsing on the bed and trying to keep her mind off the peroxide menace who was clouding her thoughts. She listened as the phone rang, waiting for her mom to pick up. After the third ring, Buffy growled as she rolled onto her side, picking up the receiver.

"Hello?"

"Buffy, listen to me, I-"

Buffy slammed the phone down, not caring to listen to him. Her frown deepened when it began ringing again.

"I don't want to talk to you," she nearly yelled into the phone.

"Please, luv-"


Spike nearly threw his cell phone against the wall of his classroom as she disconnected the call. Sitting through the meeting had been a nightmare. All kinds of scenarios were running through Spike's head. What if Buffy never made it home? What if she was sitting somewhere crying because he was acting like a pillock? What if she truly believed he didn't want her?

The last thought was what propelled him to make the phone call, not caring at this point if her mother had answered.

An idea formed as Spike nearly leapt from his chair, searching his room.


Buffy stirred the spaghetti as her mother prepared the French bread for their dinner. Both looked at each other when the doorbell rang and made a silent agreement that Joyce had the easiest task to abandon.

Buffy poured the spaghetti into a colander, hearing quiet voices coming from the foyer.

"Buffy," her mother called a moment later. "You have a visitor."

Buffy frowned, wiping her hands on a towel as she walked through the dining room and froze in her tracks when she saw Spike standing next to her mother with a smile on his face.

"Yes, Mr. Bradley?" she asked with an edge of coolness to her tone that did not go unnoticed by Spike.

"Mr. Bradley just stopped by to drop off the notes you needed for a paper that's due," Joyce said with a smile. "Wasn't that nice of him to go out of his way? He said you left them during your tutoring session today."

Buffy frowned as she looked into Spike's blue eyes. So many emotions were conveyed in those sapphire depths, but the only one she could see clearly was remorse. It made her feel a little better, but she didn't know what he was trying to accomplish with her mom standing there.

"It really wasn't necessary," Buffy said softly as she took a hesitant step forward, holding out her hand for the fictitious notes. "I could have finished the 'paper' without them."

"Oh, Buffy, be polite," Joyce chastised her daughter before turning to Spike. "We're just about to have dinner, would you care to join us?"

Buffy gave her mother a desperate look that was unnoticed by Joyce as she waited for his answer.

A slow smirk spread on Spike's face as he looked at Buffy. "If you're sure I won't be an imposition."

"Nonsense," Joyce said with a smile. "Buffy, set an extra place for Mr. Bradley."

"It's William," Spike corrected. "Or Spike, if you prefer."

"Spike? Where'd you get that nickname?"

Buffy stopped in the doorway, turning to raise an eyebrow at Spike, silently asking if he was going to tell her mother the origin of his nickname.

"Old prison name," Spike said with a joking laugh. "I killed some people by running them through with railroad spikes. The name just stuck."

Joyce and Spike shared a laugh as Buffy rolled her eyes, disappearing into the kitchen.

"Anything I can do to help?" Spike asked, following her mother into the kitchen.

Buffy sidestepped him as she walked back to the dining room, setting the table.

"Sure, you can go ahead and take the salad and put it on the table."

Spike nodded, grabbing the bowl as he walked into the other room. "We need to talk, luv," he whispered to Buffy.

She was about to respond when Joyce walked in with the bread. "Buffy, can you get the spaghetti and sauce?"

"I'll help you," Spike volunteered as Joyce went to sit down.

Buffy stayed quiet as she poured the sauce into a bowl, tensing when she felt Spike's fingers ghost over her lower back. As his lips brushed over her neck, Buffy took a step away, turning and handing Spike the bowl without making eye contact with him.

"Buffy-"

"Mom's waiting," she said softly, turning to get the noodles.

Spike sighed as he left the room.


Buffy sat silently in her chair for nearly an hour as Joyce and Spike made pleasant small talk, getting to know each other. She thought she would retch as she watched her mother flirt with the man. The same man who, unbeknownst to Joyce Summers, had been inside of her daughter just a few short hours ago.

"May I be excused?" Buffy mumbled.

"Buffy, you hardly ate anything," Joyce said, looking at her daughter's full plate.

"I'm not hungry," she said softly, standing up to take her plate to the sink. Passing through the dining room on her way up the stairs, Buffy caught Joyce's look. "What Mom?"

"Aren't you going to thank your teacher?"

Buffy took a deep breath, turning to look in Spike's eyes. "Thanks," she muttered.

"Not a problem."

She turned and walked up the stairs when she heard Spike call her name. She turned around with a sigh as Spike met her halfway, using the excuse of handing her the fake notes to get close to her. Out of Joyce's eye-line, he leaned in close to Buffy. "I'm sorry."

"Really?" Buffy asked disbelievingly with a raised eyebrow.

"I want you," he whispered. "I need you." Buffy's lips tightened as he took her hand, placing it over the bulge in his pants. "See how much I need you?" he asked in a whisper.

Buffy pulled her hand away, fixing him with a hard gaze. "You're sure it was me that gave you that?" she asked quietly. "Or was it my mom?" Buffy turned around, leaving a very confused Spike on the stairs.

Turning and walking back into the dining room, he suddenly realized Joyce's flirty behavior as she gave him a smile and offered him a mug of hot chocolate. He had been so preoccupied with Buffy, he didn't even notice the attention her mother was giving to him.

"I think I'll have to pass," Spike said with a small smile as he took his plate to the kitchen. "Early day tomorrow, and I still have some work to finish up."

"Oh, well... maybe a raincheck then," she said in a hopeful tone.

"I don't think that's such a good idea," he said, trying to let her down easily. "My girlfriend might not like the idea."

"Oh... you have a girlfriend?"

Spike thought of the young woman upstairs, upset because Spike was such a ponce earlier. "Yeah," he said softly. "She's wonderful."

"Lucky woman," Joyce replied, walking him to the door.

Spike said goodnight as he walked out of the house, lighting a cigarette when he got to his car. Turning around to face the house, he saw a single light on upstairs and smiled as an idea formed.


Buffy looked out her window and saw that the black Desoto was gone. She hung her head as she searched through her bureau and pulled out a simple white nightgown. The satin fell just above her knees and felt cool against her skin as she sat down at her vanity, looking at herself in the mirror.

She didn't look any different. After the whirlwind that was the last couple of weeks, she expected to see another person looking back at her... but she was the same. She might be a little more experienced, a little more picky when it came to her future boyfriends- since she doubted there were a lot of other men out there who could bring her the same pleasure that Spike did, but overall she was the same.

Buffy picked up the brush and let it glide through her hair, watching as the golden locks shimmered in the soft lamplight. She gasped when she heard a tap on her window. Spinning around, she saw Spike on the other side. Rushing across the room, she hurriedly threw open the window and gaped at him as he entered her room.

"What are you doing?" she whispered frantically.

"What does it look like?"

"It looks like you're being an idiot," Buffy hissed in reply.

Spike wrapped his arms around her waist, a move that Buffy found too comforting to push him away. "I really am sorry," he whispered, leaving soft kisses from her forehead to her neck and back again. "I didn't mean any of it... and I set your mum straight that I have a girlfriend."

Buffy's eyes widened as he played with the thin straps of her nightgown. "What?"

"You heard me," he said in a husky whisper, his eyes on her body. "Can we make up now?" he asked with a smile.

Buffy felt wetness flood between her thighs, even as she glanced around, nervously. "Spike, we can't," she whispered unconvincingly. "My mom... "

"We'll lock the door," he whispered, slipping a hand under the hem of her nightgown and brushing her panties aside. "You know you want to," he continued, teasing her opening. "I can feel how much you want me."

Buffy's breathing became labored as her eyes closed. "So much," she whispered, moaning as he gently slipped a finger inside of her. Her voice took on an urgent, pleading quality as all thoughts vanished from her head. All but one... how much she needed this man. "Spike-"

"Shhh, kitten," he whispered, moving them to the bed as he stripped off his clothes. "You're going to have to be quiet... can you do that for me?"

Buffy managed to nod as she moved to take off the nightgown.

"Don't," he murmured, trailing kisses along her neck and gently freeing her breasts from the material. "I like seeing you like this," he whispered, his hands gently tracing over her body.

"Like what?" Buffy asked, barely able to articulate any words as she focused on his hands and body.

"Innocent," he replied, never stopping the soft kisses he was leaving on her body. He could feel Buffy tense up slightly and pulled back to look at her. Smiling softly, he gave her a gentle kiss. "What's wrong, luv?"

"You think I'm... "

Buffy didn't finish as she bit her lip. Spike realized what she was thinking as he brought her hand up to his lips, leaving a soft kiss on it. "I didn't mean that the way it sounded," he said softly. "I just like to imagine it's only me that you've been with."

Buffy gave him a gentle smile, running her hand along his cheek. "You're the only one that mattered."

Spike gave her a brilliant smile. "You too, luv," he said before returning to his earlier ministrations, licking a slow trail down her chest and circling a nipple. Buffy moaned, arching against him as he latched on. Her fingers wound through his hair, holding him to her as his hands massaged her body through the satin.

Before Spike knew what was happening, Buffy pushed him inside of her. He suppressed a groan, burying his face in her neck as he fully sheathed himself in warmth. Buffy moaned when he stilled his movements as he waited for her to get adjusted to him.

When the feeling became too much for both of them, he grasped her hips, making eye contact with her as he began to move with slow, sure thrusts. "Bloody hell," he murmured in appreciation as Buffy began pushing against him with more force.

"Oh God, Spike!" Buffy moaned, causing Spike's hand to quickly cover her mouth. His movements never stopped as their eyes made contact.

"You have to be quiet, baby," he whispered, pressing a gentle kiss to her forehead.

He was beginning to lose control over his breathing as he pulled back and began pumping into her with more force, careful not to let the bed squeak or the headboard bang against the wall.

Buffy felt as if her body shattered, her scream muffled by his hand as Spike pulled completely out of her only to plunge back in.

"Buffy?"

Buffy's eyes widened as Spike took his hand away from her mouth, his movements never stopping as he nodded.

"Yeah, Mom?" she called, her voice more breathy than it had ever been as her eyelashes fluttered with repressed desires.

Spike nodded his encouragement, pounding into her as her hips lifted to meet his, knowing that there was no way he'd be able to stop.

"Are you going to bed, sweetie?"

It took Buffy a moment to process her mother's question as she felt another orgasm overtake her.

"Yes!"

Spike smiled, knowing her shout was more for him than an answer to the question.

"Goodnight."

"'Night," Buffy said almost imperceptibly.

Spike squeezed his eyes shut as he gave one more powerful thrust, emptying himself within her welcoming body as Buffy came down from her second climax. The seriousness of the situation hit him like a ton of bricks as his head dropped onto the pillow, next to hers.

He could feel her heartbeat surrounding him. Pressed against her chest, the thudding reverberated to him. Still imbedded inside of her, he could feel the pulsing of her muscles, in time with the beat. It threatened to lull him into a false sense of security, but the risk was too great. He'd almost blown it.

"Shit," he muttered.

"What?" Buffy asked nervously.

"That was close."

Buffy ran a hand over his quivering muscles, trying to get him to relax. "It's okay," she whispered, confused at the role reversal. 'Wasn't he the one who didn't worry about getting caught?'

"We forgot to lock the door," he said, climbing out of the bed and gathering his clothes before pulling on his pants.

Buffy looked at him with hurt in her eyes as she modestly pulled the sheet over her chest. Spike noticed the change in her attitude and instantly felt like an ass. With a sigh, he walked over to the door, locking it before returning to the bed.

"I'm sorry... again," he whispered, sliding in next to her and pulling her into his arms. Giving her a gentle kiss, his hold on her tightened as he let his chin rest on top of her head. "Can't seem to do anything right, can I, luv?"

Both stayed quiet for a long moment, before Buffy's curiosity got the best of her.

"What is this to you?" she asked softly, not sure if she wanted to know the answer. After all, she was lying in bed, in her mother's house, in the arms of her history teacher that she had only known a few short weeks. She didn't even want to stop and analyze all of the possible wrongs about this scenario.

Spike contemplated her question, before pulling back to look in her eyes. "Something special," he whispered, hoping that would be enough of an answer for her.

Buffy snuggled into his chest, treasuring the few precious minutes of privacy and intimacy that she had with him. This was enough... for now, this was all she needed.


Buffy gave Spike a shy smile from her seat in his class. His lips quirked in response before he quickly looked away.

It had been a month since their affair started, and Buffy could still feel her cheeks flush whenever Spike looked at her. She watched as he walked around the room, handing back some papers. He walked beside her more than necessary, letting his hand subtly brush along her shoulder every time he passed.

Buffy looked down as Spike placed a paper on her desk. Turning it over, she saw a 'B' scrawled on the top, which was normal for her. A few weeks ago, Spike had tried to raise Buffy's grade, but she had insisted that he leave it alone and let her earn whatever she was supposed to get. Spike had briefly argued but stopped when Buffy told him it felt too much like a payment for their time together. Spike had immediately put her at ease, reassuring her that he would never think of that and he wouldn't push the subject.

Buffy looked closer and noticed a small note, written in pencil: 'My place- 5:00'.

She found herself shivering in anticipation, a secret smile on her face as she shoved the paper in her bag as the final bell rang.

"Buffy, do you want to go shopping tomorrow?" Willow asked, gathering her books together.

"Sure," Buffy agreed with a smile, although the smile was more for Spike as she walked out of the room. "What are we shopping for?"

"Homecoming dresses."

Buffy's eyes widened as she realized Homecoming was just a few days away.

"Did you forget?" Willow asked, stopping at her locker.

"Yeah, I guess I've been spacey lately," Buffy said with a shrug. "Are you going with anyone?"

"Xander asked me yesterday," Willow said with a light blush.

Buffy nearly shrieked as she spun around to face her friend. "And you didn't call and tell me?!"

Willow suppressed a smile as she bit her lip. "I guess I didn't really believe it."

"Oh my God, Wills, I'm so happy for you!" Buffy cried, grabbing her friend and wrapping her in a tight hug.

"Now we just have to find you a date," Willow said happily.

"Oh no," Buffy replied, waving her hand dismissively. "I'm cool with going stag- I think I'll have more fun that way."

"Well, I wish I'd known that earlier because... "

Willow trailed off as she looked over Buffy's shoulder in anticipation. Buffy's eyes widened, not wanting to turn around. "Oh, Willow, you didn't... "

"I did," Willow replied as a soft voice traveled to Buffy's ears.

"Hi, Buffy."

Buffy took a deep breath before turning around with a fake smile. "Hi, Scott."

"So, listen... I was wondering if you had a date to the dance this weekend?"

Buffy's eyes darted around the emptying hallway as she tried to think of a valid excuse, but when none came to her, she decided to go with the truth. "No, I don't."

"Well... um... would you like to... go? With me, I mean."

Buffy shot Willow an anxious look that her friend didn't entirely understand.

'He's a nice guy,' Buffy thought with an internal shrug. 'At least I know he'll be on his best behavior.'

"I guess that would be okay," she said with a tight smile.

"Great!" Scott said with a grin. "Willow said we could share their limo."

Buffy shot her friend a look for plotting behind her back. "That's great, Scott. I'll see you then."

Buffy turned and walked down the hall and out of the building, her heartbeat rapidly thudding in her chest. 'What's Spike going to say?'


Buffy screamed out her release as Spike rammed into her welcoming body, her nails leaving long scratches along his back as his hands tilted her hips toward his, plunging deeper. Spike felt the muscles in his jaw clench as he watched Buffy arching her back toward him, craving more contact and giving him a spectacular view of her body.

He could feel himself losing control as he pumped into her with such force that he was sure they would both be bruised in the morning. Buffy didn't care as long as he kept moving.

"Spike, I'm coming!" Buffy screamed as her second orgasm washed over her, nearly causing her to black out from the force of the pleasure. 'I could easily die from this,' she thought happily as Spike called her name, spilling himself inside her before collapsing on top of her.

Buffy looked around, vaguely realizing that they'd made it to his bedroom. Or at least, practically in his bedroom- since they had been so focused on each other, they'd landed on the floor.

Spike rolled away from her as Buffy snuggled into his chest, feeling a chill creep over her as they separated, leaving the cool air to run over her damp skin. Spike breathed heavily as he let his arms pull her close, trailing a hand along her skin. Buffy bit her lip, wondering if she should broach the Homecoming conversation right now and deciding this might be the best time. After all, what other time would he ever be this relaxed?

"Spike?" she murmured, letting her hand play with the muscles in his chest as he sighed in contentment.

"Yeah, baby?" he whispered, his eyes already beginning to close with exhaustion.

"You know the dance this weekend?" Buffy asked in a quiet tone, before worrying her bottom lip, taking out her nervousness on it.

"Yeah," Spike said with a yawn. "I'm chaperoning."

Buffy took a deep breath. "I guess I'll see you there then," she whispered.

Spike was instantly awake as he realized what they were talking about. "You're going to be there?"

Buffy hesitantly nodded. "Scott Hope asked me to go."

Spike felt his stomach drop as his hand fell from her shoulders.

Buffy propped herself up to look at him, her hair framing her face as she stared down at the man who was the object of all of her thoughts. "Spike, he doesn't mean anything-"

"Have a good time," Spike replied in a cold voice as he got to his feet, looking around his bedroom and slipping on some sweatpants.

Buffy watched him, feeling tears spring to her eyes before looking at the ground, curling her legs up to her chest in a modest effort to hide herself. "If you don't want me to go... I won't," she murmured, not taking the risk of looking at him. "I'll understand."

Spike looked at her, feeling his heart clench as he stared at her small huddled body before closing his eyes for a brief moment as he realized what he was doing to her. 'She's a senior in high school, you wanker,' he chastised himself. 'And you're trying to take these memories away from her. You can't honestly expect her to miss out on everything.'

"Come here, baby," he whispered, helping her to her feet as he wrapped her in a strong embrace. He let his hands run through her hair, trying to soothe her as he felt her tears on his chest. "I'm sorry," he whispered, kissing the top of her head. "You go and have a good time."

"I don't have to," Buffy whispered, shaking her head as she looked at him with watery eyes, hating the fact that he was seeing her at such a weak moment.

Spike tenderly brushed her tears away, keeping his eyes locked with hers. "You have fun with your friends," he said before a smile spread across his face. "Meet up with me afterwards?"

Buffy smiled before nodding. "Of course," she whispered as he pulled her to him for another hug. Buffy felt the relief wash over her as he continued to comfort her.

Spike continued his soothing methods, staring at a point on the wall but not seeing it as his eyes took on a distant quality. 'How long can we keep doing this?'

 

More

 

<< back