"Being Bad"

Author: Holly
Email: trbl@one.net


Buffy and Giles were training in his living room, now that the Library was destroyed. On the plus side, Giles' new job at the Museum was not only more prestigious, but paid a lot better.

The furniture had been pushed out of the way. Willow, lone witness to this session, perched on the kitchen counter. Buffy seemed to be giving her all to training, leaving Giles breathless, but satisfied with the results.

He finally called a halt, and she went into the kitchen for bottled water. When she returned, Willow hopped down, and said, "I have to run. Oz is coming over tonight, and I want things to be perfect. That reminds me…." She turned to Buffy, still drinking thirstily. "Oz and the Dingoes are playing a new song tonight, want to come?"

Giles saw the slight tightening of Buffy’s shoulders before she answered. "Sure Will, that would be great. I have to have dinner with Mom, then an old movie, but after that I’m all yours. Although I have early training tomorrow with Giles. How does 9:30 sound?"

"Sounds like a plan." Said Willow happily. Then with a quick good-bye to each, she left.

Giles studied Buffy’s expression for a few moments, then spoke. "Buffy?"
"Hmmm?"

"Why don’t you take tomorrow off? From training at any rate. I’m rather pleased with your progress."

"Really?" She asked with a hopeful grin.

"Really." He confirmed with a warm smile. "Enjoy the lovely summer day. Do patrol though."
"Absolutely. Thanks, Giles. I really appreciate it."
"Yes, I know. Now go home." He said still smiling.

"See ya’." And with that she left, a small bounce in her step that hadn’t been there before. He watched her go, deep in thought. He moved his furniture back into place, as his considered the change in Buffy. At first he thought her odd behavior was due to Angel leaving. Now he wasn’t so certain. He replayed several conversations in his mind. Mostly between Buffy and her "Slayerettes". Everything that any of them had asked her to do, she had agreed to. And Giles rather had the impression, that she hadn’t wanted to do them all. She and her mother seemed to be having a lot of dinners, followed by old movies.

But the clincher for Giles was the fact that she had been on time for every single training session. It was unprecedented. Of course, last summer she hadn’t been here, so he had no idea if this was typical Buffy summer behavior. It was almost as if…. He stopped. Then spoke to the empty room. "As if she were trying to make up for last summer. Damn." And when he thought about it, he realized that the others were taking advantage of it. Asking her to do things, that they knew she didn’t want to do. Punishing her, probably subconsciously (hopefully), for last summer. And she was letting them. "Damn," he said again.

She was keeping it all bottled up. Not rocking the boat in any way. He couldn’t believe that he’d been so blind. He’d been pleased at her willingness to train, and the dedication she had been putting into it. She’d been…almost… docile. He should have realized. His Buffy was never docile. "Bloody idiot." Now that he knew, the question was-what to do about it? Because he knew from experience, that this self-enforced penance could push one to act out in very violent ways. One could only take so much bottling up, before the cork would pop. And someone could get hurt. He dwelled on those dark thoughts for a few minutes.

Then the answer hit him. The question was, did Buffy trust him enough to let him help her?

The next afternoon, Buffy showed up at his house, even though there was no training. She said she just wanted to spend time with her favorite Watcher. With his newfound awareness, he saw it for what it was. "Penance?" He asked her bluntly.

"What?" She asked blankly.

"Your penance. How is it going?"

She looked at him, eyes huge. "W-what do you mean?"

"Buffy, we both know what this is all about."

"Last summer." She said, head bowed. He walked over to her, and tilted her chin up so that she looked him in the eyes.

"Buffy, you do not owe me for last summer."

"But, I ran…."

"Yes, I know. And while I don’t agree with what you did, I do understand it. And, it’s over and done with. We need to move on. You’re going to…um, what’s the expression? ‘Blow a gasket’." She giggled to hear him say that.

"What do you suggest, oh wise one?"

"You need to… ah ‘cut loose’. Just a little." He looked at her smiling face, his expression serious. "Buffy, do you trust me?" He was still as a statue after he asked the question.

She looked at him, all humor gone from her face. "Yes, I do." She replied simply.

Giles released the breath that he hadn’t realized he’d been holding. "Excellent. Did your Mother go to Los Angeles as she had planned?" At Buffy's nod, he continued, "meet me here tonight at 8:00, or so. Tell the others that you’re training."

"You want me to lie?"

"Just a little. You will learn things, so technically, it will be true." He gave her a Ripperish grin. "Oh, and Buffy?"

"Yes?"

"Wear something less…wholesome." He said, gesturing at her pastel summer dress.

"How…less wholesome?"

"What ever you feel like you can handle." He said, his voice challenging.

"You are so gonna’ regret that."
"Don’t bet on it."

That night, Buffy was deliberately on time, knowing that he expected her to be late. He opened the door and stepped back in shock. She was dressed in a short, very short, black leather skirt, with a cropped red top. And he'd bet cash she wasn't wearing a bra. He swallowed. As he stared at her, she stared, surprised, at him. Blue jeans, T-shirt, black leather jacket, and earring. "Wow." They said in unison.

Then he continued, "much less wholesome. You look great." Buffy was flabbergasted. Such a straightforward, un-stuttering compliment.

"Do I call you Ripper?"

"If it makes you feel better."

She looked at him askance. She'd been having this feeling a lot lately; that she didn't know her Watcher as well as she thought she did. "So, Giles, Ripper, whoever you are, what's the plan?"

"Do you feel like cutting loose? Being bad?"
"How bad are we talkin' here?"

"How bad do you feel like being?"
"I don't know Giles. Last time I was bad...didn't turn out well."

"Yes, well, I'll be with you the entire time, and I promise not to let things go too far. I take that responsibility. All you need do is enjoy yourself. Now, back to my question. 'How bad do you feel like being'?" She smiled the happiest smile he'd seen in a very long time, and threw her arms around him in a fierce hug. He amazed her. He understood her, really, really understood her. No repercussions, better than Halloween. He would be the responsible one.

"Um, what are my choices?" He laughed at her tone. As if she were ordering in a restaurant.

"Well, there's a seedy bar just outside of town. I'm certain that we could get into all sorts of mischief there. Or, I could teach you to hot-wire a car, or pick a lock. We could go up to Lover's Lane and frighten some young couples petting. Nothing cruel of course, mischief only. But the possibilities are endless." Her eyebrows had raised more with every possibility he'd named.

"You can hot wire a car? And pick a lock?"

"Well, yes. From...."

"I know, from your Ripper days."

"Right you are. So what do you want to do?"

She licked her lips. "Bar. Will you teach me to play pool?"

"Of course. And if you're very deserving, you may have one beer."

"What do I have to do to be deserving?"

He eyed her up and down. "I'll get back to you, luv."

She laughed at his bantering tone.

They did indeed go to the bar. He taught her to play pool, standing behind her at the pool table; cradling her body with his. He insisted that it was the only way to properly instruct her how to handle the stick. She snorted in laughter at the double entendre, thrilled with the way he was acting. When they played against each other, she would lean down from the other side, giving him a clear view of her cleavage. The first time, his shot went so wild, that the white ball actually flew off of the table. Buffy laughed in delight at his reaction. Another time he was shooting, and she stood behind him, and gently cupped his butt. He yelped in surprise, then with narrowed eyes, declared war. From that moment on, Buffy was almost afraid to take a shot, not knowing what he would do. Once he trailed his fingers gently down her back, ostensiously to encourage her, but his warm hand on her bare skin only distracted her and she missed the shot.

The next shot, he stood behind her, and when she bent to take her shot she brushed against him. That’s when she realized just how much he liked her outfit. She tentatively wiggled against him. Her reward was for him to grasp her hip and pull her gently against him.

Another time, he told her a dirty joke, while she tried to concentrate. The fact that her Giles knew a dirty joke, let alone would tell her, threw her for such a loop that concentration was impossible. Buffy was a natural at pool, not surprisingly. But, with that kind of stuff going on, she never had a chance. He had a lot more experience than she did.

Later they got into a huge brawl with some tough guys, who seemed to think Buffy should be with them, and not Giles. Buffy noticed that Giles fought pretty dirty. She was shocked to see some moves even she hadn't mastered.

Buffy actually had two beers, under his watchful eye. They danced to strange music. Buffy would have bet money that Giles couldn't dance anything but a waltz, or some such. But he was a smooth dancer. Fast or slow, it made no difference, he was skilled in both. Although, Buffy preferred the slow. He held her close to his warmth, and she felt...comfortable.

If fact, she was so comfortable with him, it astonished her. And she didn't have to be careful of what she said or did. Not with him, not with anyone else. He was right there, Watching her, keeping the more obnoxious guys away from her. One ice-cold look from those green eyes and many a fellow turned tail. Buffy grinned when he possessively slid an arm around her, as a handsome biker approached. She leaned into his embrace and the guy veered off. They flirted and teased, and she had the best time she'd had in ages. When it was finally time to leave, around 1 am, Buffy didn't want it to end. But she knew it was time.

Giles dropped her off at home, and she kissed his cheek. "Thanks Giles. I had a great time. And I can't believe how...relaxed I feel. I never realized being bad could be so much fun." Before he could caution her, she continued. "Although, I realize that it was only because you were keeping things...safe. I won't go off on my own. Really being bad is, well, bad. Thanks again."

"You are most welcome."

The next day when she came over for training, they were able to act as if nothing different had happened. It was as if the night before, the flirting and touching, was a bubble in time. She teased him about being stuffy, and he made fun of her choice of "appropriate" workout shoes.

Willow noticed Buffy’s good mood. She hadn’t realized that Buffy hadn’t been in the best of spirits until she had this to compare it to. <Maybe she met someone new> Willow thought. Then she noticed that Giles had a new bruise. "Giles? How did you get hurt?"

He touched his jaw gingerly. "Training with Buffy last night. She slid right under my guard." Buffy stared at him awed by the way he lied so smoothly. She wondered if he could teach her that. As the training session continued, Willow noticed some other things. Buffy and Giles seemed more at ease with each other than they had in a long time. Since before Buffy’s birthday, since before last summer. She guessed that they’d had a chance to talk last night during training. Willow thought that was a good thing.

As the days went on into weeks, Buffy started to get that edgy feeling again. She didn’t even need to mention it, Giles saw how close she was getting, and told her to meet him again for "special training". She grinned at him, already feeling better. He taught her how to hot-wire his car. Once she mastered that, he took her to an old abandoned building, where he taught her to pick the lock. Once inside they discovered that their abandoned building wasn’t so abandoned.

A nest of vampires had taken it over. They were awake and getting ready to go out. Buffy and Giles waited quietly for them to leave. Buffy wanted to fight them all, even though there were probably fifteen of them. But Giles had a plan. Buffy and Giles made several medium holes in the east wall. They covered the inside doorknobs with holy oil; they booby-trapped the entire place, knowing that the vampires wouldn’t return until the first rays of sunlight were coming. But it would still be too dark for them to see all the nasty surprises that Buffy and Giles had left them. And they certainly wouldn’t have time to find anywhere else to hide.

Buffy and Giles exchanged wicked grins. Then Buffy had a thought. "This is kind of cruel, you know. Even if they are vampires, this is…well torture."

He sighed, "yes, I know. But, we two could not have taken them all out. As it is, we can only hope that some will make an attempt to leave. And I don’t want you enjoy the cruelty of this. But do remember that sometimes one must…improvise. I believe you are quite adept at that." She grinned at the compliment. "We could have set fire to the building, once they’re all in for the day. But fires can spread. We can’t really control it. If you’d rather, we can wait and hope that they return one at a time, and try to take them that way."

"No," she answered thoughtfully. "I understand. This is a lesson in tactics. And, sometimes, you have to do things you may not like." She deepened her voice; "war is hell." He grinned at her.

"Yes." He concurred, still grinning. They did wait for the vampires to return, they came in two smaller groups, and Buffy and Giles did indeed stake several of them. But the howls of pain from the ones that got away once the dawn came were darkly satisfying.

Giles took Buffy home. It hadn’t been as much fun as the last time, but Buffy still felt the same exhilaration that comes from doing something that you know you shouldn’t. As she sat in the car, reluctant to exit, she realized that as difficult as it sometimes was for her to be the good little girl, that it must be two or three times harder for Giles to be the tweedy librarian. That wasn’t who he was, any more than the act she put on was who she was. Not that he was Ripper either. She figured that the real Rupert Giles was probably somewhere in between.

Then she had an insight. "Is this your penance? Is that how you know?"

He met her eyes, "partially. Not you, of course. I care for you very much. You know that, don’t you?" She nodded. "After Randall, I returned to the fold as it were. They, not surprisingly, didn’t want to ‘forgive and forget’ my defection. I had to work twice as hard to prove myself. I didn’t dare ‘cut loose’. Sometimes you just want to do something outrageous, just to prove that you can. That you aren’t really who you’re afraid you are." She nodded, she understood that all too well, as he knew. "It's been a long time since I was able to let go, as I have with you. Thank you."

"For what? We both have been able to...'let go'. It's been great."

"Yes, it has been. But thank you for trusting me, and for letting me show a side of myself that...well, can be scary sometimes. Even for me."

"Scary? You'd never hurt me." She stopped, as they shared an unpleasant memory. Of a time when he had hurt her. With a sudden flash, she finally understood it. "You had to...didn't you? You are...were still having to prove yourself to them. That's why.... Why didn't you say something?" She demanded angrily. "I can understand doing stupid stuff to prove things to people who don't deserve you."

"At first, you didn't want to hear explanations or excuses. Not that I blame you," he rushed on. "Then, we seemed all right, and I didn't want to reopen those wounds. It seemed better not to...ah, 'rock the boat'."

"If it's not broke, don't fix it?"

"Yes." He answered, relieved at her understanding. Would this girl/woman never cease to amaze him? Probably not. "I know that doesn't negate what I did to you, what I took from you, but...I didn't know what else to do. For what it may be worth, I am beyond sorry."

"Well, it still hurts sometimes," she answered honestly. "But, 'for what it may be worth', I forgive you."

His breath whooshed out of his chest. Without thought, he grabbed her and clasped her to his chest. There was nothing romantic about his embrace, but it left Buffy wanting more. When they parted, they looked at each other awkwardly. Buffy leaned back towards him, and brushed his lips with hers. She sat back, waiting for his reaction.

He looked at her with surprise written all over his face. "What was that for?" He asked shakily.

"Because it felt right."

"Ah," was all he could think to say. "You'd best go on in. It's already morning, and we don't want your mother to worry."

She sighed, then nodded, knowing that he was right. She exited the car and went into the house.

The next day, there was no awkwardness over the night before. It was again as if that night had been a bubble in time. The entire Scooby-Gang (Willow, Oz, Xander, Anya, Cordelia and Wesley) was gathered in Giles' living room for Buffy's training. They all remarked on the change in Buffy. She was relaxed and practically glowing with energy. They wondered if she were dating, and wasn't telling them. They exchange worried looks. The last time Buffy had a boyfriend she didn't tell them about, it was Angel back from hell. Willow was designated to find out more.

As the afternoon wore on, Oz started to think that maybe it wasn't someone new. There was something in the way that Buffy looked at Giles. A warmth that hadn't been there before. A new kind of affection. She touched him frequently. And he always moved into the touch, seemingly without realizing it. Giles ordered them pizza. Buffy sat on the arm of Giles' chair, as they ate. And while it was true that there wasn't room on the sofa, and it was also true that it was not the first time she had perched so; it seemed to Oz that there was a special significance to it. It seemed...territorial to the werewolf. That was it. Territorial. And Giles too seemed more relaxed that he had in over a year.

Oz continued to watch them speculatively. Then, Giles looked up from something he was reading; he caught Oz's observant glance and unaccountably flushed as if he'd been caught in some impropriety. For Oz that was enough. He had no problem with such a relationship. It was not his business, except for how it might impact on Willow. Oz shifted his gaze to Willow. Center of his universe. She was happily eating pizza and teasing Wesley about something he had said about living on the Hellmouth. He wasn't sure how Willow would react.

Oz didn't say anything to anyone about his suspicions. He didn't feel that it was his place. But several days’ later Willow came to him upset. "What is it, Baby?" He asked, concerned.

"Buffy. I think she's seeing someone, and she won't tell me anything about him. When I asked her if she had a new boyfriend, she blushed, and denied it. But she looked so guilty that I know she's involved with someone. And Buffy tells me everything. Why would she lie? Unless she knows he's bad or something." She stopped to breathe. Then she had another thought. "Oh, God. You don't think she's back with Angel, do you?"

"No. And I don't think she's seeing anyone new either."

"Then...who?"

"Not sure. But, Buffy wouldn't do anything to endanger you guys. She learned that lesson the hard way. And she'd never hurt Giles that way, again."

"That's true. And they seem awfully close lately. Hey...I wonder if he knows what's going on."

"I doubt it," said Oz with and enigmatic smile.

But Willow couldn't let it go. She just knew something was wrong. After an unsatisfying conversation with Giles, Willow got the Slayerettes together. Wesley was surprised to be included. He hadn't returned to England as planned, knowing if he showed up there, that the powers that be would know that Buffy wasn't really reporting to them anymore. That would make her a target. And he had, against his will and all training, grown rather fond of her. Not to mention Cordelia.

They held the impromptu meeting at the Bronze, where Oz was rehearsing. Willow explained the situation as she perceived it. After a lot of discussion, they agreed to watch her more closely, to spend more time with her. Xander pointed out how little time was left before they had to start college and that that could be their excuse. He seemed to think the whole thing was some sort of game, proposing that they follow Buffy for the next few days (and nights). While the others didn't agree with his lighthearted attitude, they did agree that maybe a little harmless shadowing might be okay.

So, everyone took turns. Wesley made excuses to talk to her at all sorts of odd times on the pretense of attempting to understand the female, teenage mind. Buffy tried to help him, hoping that he'd be spending more time with Cordelia and thus less with herself. Anya wanted to talk about "girl stuff", which Buffy thought might help her and Xander. Cordelia invited her and Willow to go shopping with her. Since it was the first real sign that Cordelia was finally moving past the Willow/Xander indiscretion, Buffy felt that she had to go. Xander just followed her around at night (when he wasn't too distracted trying to show Anya some of the more pleasant aspects of being young and human). They were smothering her and Buffy was ready to scream.

So Giles arranged another "special training" session. Since the others felt pretty safe in their assumption that she'd stay out of trouble with Giles, they all took the night off. Buffy wondered what he had in store for her this time, and couldn't help the small thrill of anticipation. He told her to meet him at "their" abandoned building, and to wear trousers. That night, she picked the lock and grinning wildly, followed the sounds to him. He stood in front of a motorcycle. She gasped.

"Is that yours?" She asked hopefully.

"Yes. Well ours, really. It wouldn't be much fun for me alone."

She grinned, then stopped. "Oh God. You didn't steal it, did you?"

"Of course not." He answered huffily. "I bought it. Do you want to go for a ride?"

"H-have you ever ridden one before?" She asked nervously.

"Oh, yes. I used to be quite the terror." He smiled in fond remembrance. Then shook his head as if to clear it. "Ready?" He asked as he tossed her a helmet.

"Yeah," she said with a grin. He pushed the bike outside and got on, then motioned for her to join him. As she straddled the bike and wrapped her arms around his waist, she started to get the by-now familiar tingling down low. He started it up, and turned to her.

"Hold on, luv." He yelled with a wicked grin. Then he lowered the visor on his helmet and off they went. They rode madly through town, and up to Lovers Lane. They rode past the cars; startling the couples there. Including Xander and Anya. In fact Buffy motioned for Giles to go past them again. He obliged. After that they went zooming up the highway. And while Giles drove fast, he wasn't stupid and didn't take foolish chances. Still, by the time they stopped for gas, Buffy was breathless with excitement. She threw her arms around him.

"Giles, that was great. I have never in my life felt so free." She enthused. His arms closed around her.

"I'm glad you're enjoying it, luv. Ready for more?"

"What did you have in mind?" She asked, leaning more into him, and looking up at him flirtatiously.

He grinned wickedly. "I thought I'd teach you to drive it."

"Really!?" She squealed, her arms tightening on him.

"Really," he confirmed. They proceeded to an empty parking lot, and Giles taught Buffy the basics. She took to it like a fish takes to water, and soon they were riding around, Buffy driving and Giles clinging to her. Finally he signaled that it was time, and Buffy headed for "their" building.

"Do you think it's safe here?" At his startled look she went on. "To leave the bike?"

"No. But I'll take it to a place I found to store it. That's where my car is."

"Oh. Are we going there?"

"I-I suppose we could. We have a little time before you need to be home." This time Giles drove again, and Buffy rested her head on his leather-clad back. The storage place wasn't far, and Giles unlocked the small cubicle he had leased. They pushed the bike inside, and placed the helmets on top of it. Giles moved to leave the small room, but Buffy's hand stopped him. He looked down at her in question.

"I think this was the best yet. Although the bar was fun, too."

"Perhaps next time, we could combine the two. Ride the bike to the bar."

"That would be great." He put his arm across her shoulders and led her to the car. He turned and locked up his storage room, then got in with her. Instead of being on her side of the car, she was in the center. When he got in the car, his hip and thigh brushed hers. He looked at her. She spoke again, "I really have had a wonderful time."

"I-I'm glad." He stuttered, unaccountably nervous.

She wiggled on the seat, until she was on her knees, facing him in the dark car. She reached out her hand and brushed it against his face. He leaned into her caress like a cat. She cupped his face, and lifted her lips to meet his, expecting resistance. To her shocked delight, he met her halfway. The kiss was tentative, curious yet warm and filled with desire. Her lips parted, and his tongue entered to explore her warm mouth. Her own tongue mated with his. Then her hands began to roam. They explored his chest, scraping gently across his nipples through the fabric of his shirt. He gasped against her mouth. Exhilarated by his response, she became bolder, untucking his shirt from his jeans, and sliding her hands under it. Now her hands roamed in earnest, running through the crisp hair on his chest, and over his smooth back. He turned so that he was facing her more, and started his own trek over her body. His hands seemed to be everywhere at once, caressing, petting, and coaxing responses from her she thought long gone. She groaned against his mouth, and sucked his tongue further in her mouth. His breathing became even more ragged. He cupped her breasts through her shirt, and she arched into his hands.

Giving her every chance to stop him, he slowly pushed her shirt and bra up, baring her breasts to his approving eyes. He gently pinched her nipples between thumb and forefinger, causing her to whimper. He moved his hands to her back, and lifted her torso higher, then moved his mouth to first one then the other breast. He circled the nipple with his tongue, then gently nipped and tugged with his teeth. She was breathing in little gasps, overwhelmed by sensations. Her hands clasped his head, holding him in place, as he continued his gentle assault.

Her hand moved to his crotch, stroking the hard bulge there. He thrust into her hand instinctively, and she cupped him. Reveling in his response and in the fact that she had caused that reaction in her normally oh-so-calm Watcher, she moved to unzip him. That's when his sense of responsibility reasserted itself. His hand covered hers, stopping her.

She whimpered in protest. "No, Buffy." He said, his voice shaky, his breathing irregular. "It's time to stop."

"But I don't want to."

"Neither do I, luv, but I made you a promise. And I never break a promise." At her confused look he continued. "When this all started, I promised to be the responsible one. I promised not to let things go too far. Shagging your 45 year old Watcher in a car is definitely too far." She opened her mouth to protest. But he stopped her with a finger across her lips. "No, I'm right and you know it."

She grinned at him. "What about not in a car?" He returned her grin.

"At this point...too far." She pouted. "Now don't do that. It's not playing fair." He caught her lower lip between his teeth and sucked it into his mouth. She made an odd little sound.

"Talk about not playing fair," she said breathlessly once he had released her. He readjusted her shirt and bra. Then moved her down onto the seat. He did however leave her in the center, and as he drove, he kept his arm around her. She snuggled into him. When they pulled up in front of her house, she looked at him, waiting for him to kick into Watcher-mode. To tell her that he thought this was part of the wild side game they'd been playing.

But once again, he surprised her. He leaned down and kissed her, gently but firmly, goodnight. She looked up at him after. "I'll never understand you." She said with a wry grin.

"Oh?"

"I expected a lecture about being confused emotionally. About mistaking our 'training' for...something else. I was expecting you to be all stuffy and stiff. Boy, was I wrong."

His green eyes twinkled down at her wickedly. "Not entirely, luv." At her raised eyebrows he placed her hand on his still hard penis. "Stiff enough?" She looked at him, shocked. Then broke into joyful laughter. When it died down, he continued more seriously. "Buffy, luv, I trust you. You would never play such cruel games. Not with anyone, let alone me, who I hope that you respect. You would never have taken things to this level if you weren't ...serious." He said for lack of a better word. "You of all people know the consequences." She looked at him misty-eyed. "But, we don't need to talk this into the ground. I just think that we need to take things slowly." She nodded her agreement.

"Training tomorrow won't be nearly as much fun." She said in a naughty tone. He just looked at her. When she opened her mouth to say more, he kissed her. Hard. By the time he broke the kiss, they were both breathless.

"You should go in now, luv." She could only nod, and exited the car.


The next day Buffy and her Slayerettes (which now included Wesley and Anya) were gathered at Giles' house. There was a lesser prophecy regarding a demon rising, and they were attempting to find something to corroborate the one small mention that Giles had found. They'd been at it for three hours had found nothing.

Buffy and Giles had fallen back into their normal routine, although they touched more often, and sat near each other. Both seemed super aware of the other. Of the Slayerettes; only Oz noticed anything out of the ordinary. Although anyone who had been watching Buffy and Giles when Xander started talking about the "Biker Gang" that had terrorized Lover's Lane would have seen instantly that there was something afoot.

They very carefully did not look at each other, but their lips were twitching with surpressed mirth. It took them several minutes to settle down. By then, the conversation had moved on to other things.

Such as how small Giles' place seemed with all of them in it. It was Cordelia, with her usual tact that mentioned it.

Giles' response was typical. "Well, I certainly didn't have you lot in mind when I leased it. Although," he continued thoughtfully, "I suppose if we're going to continue our base of operations at my home, I should look into getting a larger place." He looked at Buffy as he said it. She gave a tiny nod.

"Giles, I'd have bet anything that you'd never move out of this place." Said Xander.

"You would have lost." Came Giles' wry reply. Then Buffy replied to all their surprised looks.

"Giles is full of surprises." Her green eyes twinkled merrily.

"I'll bet." Said Cordelia sarcastically.

After the others had left, Buffy helped Giles straighten up the mess. Then they sat closely on the sofa. Buffy wanted to snuggle against him, but it seemed odd to initiate it when they weren't having "special training".

Giles put her questions to rest by putting his arm around her and pulling her gently against him. She instantly relaxed, leaning her head against him, and throwing her arm around his middle. They sat quietly for a long while, just absorbed the peace and the others presence. Then Buffy spoke, while tracing lazy circles on his chest. "What sort of place are you looking for?"

He gave it some thought. "A house. Not too large, although, I'd to have more than the one bedroom; one for a study. I'd want a basement that we could train in. Of course, I’ll need a garage." He said this with a grin down at her. Then he added thoughtfully, "a large kitchen also, I think."

"You cook?" She asked, for some reason surprised.

"Buffy, I've lived on my own for some years. If I couldn't cook, I would have most likely starved. And I rather enjoy it." He paused for a few seconds. "Perhaps you’d like to find out for yourself. Would you like to come for dinner Friday night, Dearheart?"

She blushed happily at the endearment, and nodded. Then looked up at him wide-eyed as he leaned down and captured her lips in a tender kiss. She responded eagerly, tightening her hold on his waist, opening her mouth to his probing tongue. They continued this happy occupation for some time. Then drew breathlessly apart.

"This isn't your car," said Buffy, still trying to catch her breath.

"No, it's not. But it is still very early. I believe that we should move slowly."

"You would." She said with a saucy grin.

"Oh?" He enquired

"Yes. The Marathon Man."

He grinned at her wickedly. "There may yet come a time when you appreciate that particular quality, luv."

She gasped in delighted shock, as his meaning became clear. "That was naughty."

"Is that a complaint?"

"No. Just an observation." She replied as she snuggled back into his embrace. He kissed the top of her head, then rested his chin atop it.

Buffy was overwhelmed by a sense of rightness as he held her to him. And when he once again captured her willing lips, that feeling increased. The kisses were a thorough exploration, warm and passionate. Once again Buffy was left wanting more, as he pulled reluctantly away.

Later that night Buffy patrolled. She still couldn’t believe how quiet it was on the Hellmouth during the summer. But it was great; it left more time for her and Giles to…. She wasn’t sure date was the right word for their little excursions into the wild side. Although, sitting on his sofa kissing and cuddling had been nice. She had almost felt like a normal girl, making out with her boyfriend. Her forty-five year old boyfriend. Still, that was like a fifth of Angel’s age.

They spent the next few days in this manner, kissing, cuddling and making out. Giles always called a halt before things went further than he thought they should. Buffy started to see it as a challenge to see how far she could get him to go. She knew that if she kissed him at the juncture of his neck and shoulder, then he lost it just a little. So she paid special attention to that area, with very satisfying results.

Meanwhile, the Slayerettes were still very concerned about their Slayer. They continued to smother her with attention. Giles had her report for ‘special training’ again. And this time they rode the bike to the seedy bar as he had promised. When they got to Rocko’s (the seedy bar), they were surprised to find several men gathered around one of the pool tables. Then they saw her. A young woman, dancing on the pool table, topless. Buffy looked at Giles sharply. But he, after taking in the woman at a glance, was observing the crowd of men. He was oblivious to Buffy’s hard stare. When she realized that he had barely noticed the semi-nude woman, she snuggled against his side like a kitten.

He looked down at her, "Buffy, luv, I don’t think this going to be a safe place for us to be." She looked at him, confused. "Look at them," he said with a gesture that encompassed the men. "Pretty soon things are going to get very ugly here. And I want you, my love, very far away from here when that happens."

"I can take care of myself. Beside, she’s the one taking her clothes off. Like some stupid scene from Roadhouse™." At his puzzled look, she continued. "In the movie, a girl does that." She said pointing at the girl.

"She may be the one stripping, but she hardly holds a candle to you. Fully clothed you’re a hundred times more desirable than she is virtually naked."

"Giles, that’s so sweet." She said as she leaned to kiss him. He stopped her. She pouted then followed his concerned gaze. Some of the men had grown impatient, and were grabbing at the girl. "Uh oh." She looked back to Giles. "I know you probably think she deserves her fate, but…."

"No one deserves what they’ll do to her. Let’s get her the hell out of here." She smiled at him, relieved. They made their way over to the girl, who was starting to look scared. Buffy grabbed the girl’s hand and told her to come on quickly. As she hopped down, some of the men grabbed for the girl, and for Buffy. Buffy and Giles kicked some butt, as they slowly made for the door.

Once Giles and the girl were outside, he realized that Buffy wasn’t with them. He took the girl over to his bike, and handed her his leather jacket to wear, then he told her to stay put.

He went back inside and found Buffy near the door, fighting two guys. He walked over to her, then grabbed her hand and hoisted her up onto his shoulder. He ran out the door. She squealed as he picked her up, but quieted immediately.

Once they reached the bike, they realized that they had a tactical problem. One bike. Three people. Buffy spoke up, "Giles, you take her home, and I’ll meet you at your place."

"No," said the girl. "If I go home like this, my dad will kill me."

Giles’ look plainly said ‘and rightfully so’, but he kept his mouth closed. Seeing some of the men start to find their way outside, Buffy spoke. "Look, I grabbed her clothes, but this isn’t the place. Giles, take her to your place so that she can get changed. I’ll meet you guys there."

Giles looked at her in surprise. He realized that for an eighteen-year-old girl to send her boyfriend off with an almost naked girl bespoke of a great deal of trust. He leaned down and gave her a hard kiss, filled with promise. She stepped back, breathless, then took off. Giles hopped on the bike and got the girl settled behind him. Then off they went.

When they arrived at Giles’ place, he was reluctant to enter. The girl had sat scrunched forward pressing as much of her body to him as possible, and her hands had roamed over his chest. Still, even in summer it wasn’t a good idea to be out in Sunnydale at night, so with a warning look at the girl, he motioned her into his condo.

The girl spoke, "my name is Lisa. I really am grateful for what you and your…friend did for me." There was a question in the way she said "friend".

"Buffy is more than my friend." He said unequivocally.

"Oh." Was all Lisa said. She moved toward him a manner that she clearly thought was seductive. Giles looked at her with disdain. It was, of course, that moment that there was a knock at the door.

It was with tremendous relief that Giles threw open the door. Imagine his surprise to find Xander, Anya, Willow and Oz standing there. "Hi Giles, have you seen…?" Xander’s voice trailed off as he saw the half-dressed Lisa. "Yo. G-man, who would have thought?" Then Xander noticed Giles’ wardrobe of jeans and a T-shirt. Before Xander, or any of the other stunned Slayerettes could say anything else, Buffy walked in the still-open door.

"Hi. What’s up?" She said, trying to sound casual. She took in the situation at a glance, then gave Giles a look that said to handle this however he wanted.

Giles took a deep calming breath. "Buffy and I were patrolling, when we heard a ruckus coming from a bar. Inside we found this young lady in dire circumstances. We brought her here."

"Then why did Buffy come in after you did?" Willow asked confused.

"S-she went for clothes for Lisa." He said as his glance fell on the skimpy clothes clutched tightly in Buffy’s hand. "Lisa, you should change, so that we can get you home."

She nodded and turned her back, and dropped Giles’ leather jacket. As Xander gaped at her naked back, Buffy handed Lisa her clothes. When she was dressed, she turned to face them again. She smiled at Xander’s expression.

"W-why were you naked?" Willow asked, not sure she wanted to hear the answer.

"I was dancing. I thought that it was a good idea."

"It wasn’t," said Giles emphatically.

"Well, if you feel like dancing with your clothes off again, let me know," said Xander with a stupid grin. Before any of the females in the room could hit him, Giles handled it.

"I will not have a lady spoken to in that fashion in my home. Treat her with respect or get out." Giles had never used that tone with any of them. They all stared at him in shock. Except Buffy, who was grinning.

"I-I’m sorry. You’re right. I apologize, ma’am." He said sincerely. Giles gave him an approving nod.

Giles turned to Lisa, "don’t let me hear of this again, young lady."

She smiled at him, her earlier intentions toward him forgotten. "Yes sir. I mean no, you won’t. That was not the place to meet a nice guy. Although, I did meet you there." She grinned impishly.

"None of that now." Giles turned to the Slayerettes. "Can you see Lisa home safely?" They nodded. And after saying good-bye they left Buffy and Giles alone.

Buffy turned to him, "that was weird. Was it my imagination, or was she hitting on you?"

"I don’t think she meant anything by it, Buffy. It’s not as if she stood any chance of competing with you." It was obvious that he meant it.

She approached him, and wrapped her arms around him. "What did I ever do to deserve you?"

"Well, my dear, you are the chosen one." He smirked at her.

"You are so gonna’ regret that smart-ass." She said as she pushed him down on the sofa.

"Want to bet?" He grabbed her and pulled her onto his lap, one of her legs on either side of him. He cupped her rear and brought her flush against his growing erection. She moaned as his lips captured hers in a searing kiss. She gripped his shoulders as he moved his kisses from her lips down her jawline, then to her neck. He nibbled and kissed her neck for several minutes before moving to the swell of her breasts showing above her top. His hands came sliding up her back bringing her shirt with them. She pulled away so that he could pull her shirt over her head.

Then she returned the favor, pulling his T-shirt off of him. He made short work of her bra, and soon they were kissing again, bare chest to bare chest. She rubbed her sensitive nipples against his chest hair, groaning at the sensation. Then she raised up on her knees so that her breasts were on level with his face. He took the hint, taking first one then the other nipple in his hot mouth, circling it with his tongue, then gently tugging with his teeth.

She lowered her left hand from his shoulder to his denim-covered groin and rubbed. His reaction was immediate and very satisfying, as she felt him harden even more under her hand. She lowered her lips to his neck, and kissed and nibbled her way to the place where it met his shoulder. She carefully took the flesh between her teeth and bit, then she licked the spot and sucked on it. He was moving against her now, his hips thrusting, seeking her.

She was more than willing to give him what he sought. Her nimble fingers lowered his zipper, her small hand slipped inside his jeans. He hissed in pleasure as her hand encircled him. <Wow> was her only thought as she touched him for the first time. She unsnapped his jeans for more room, then pulled him out of his jeans. Noting vaguely that he hadn’t worn underwear. She looked down at him. <Wow>, she thought again as she started moving her hand up and down his rock hard length.

She was finding it difficult to maneuver sitting as she was. He must have agreed with that, because he shifted sideways and started easing them down on the sofa. Once she was hovering over him, he moved to unfasten her trousers, sliding them down her legs. Once that was accomplished, he settled her on him, her legs cradling him. He slid his hands down her bare back, cupping her rear, bringing her even closer. They both groaned as his erection rubbed against her through the thin fabric of her panties.

She moved against him, wanting-needing more. He held her tightly against him, and shifted around so that he was above her. Then he kissed her lips, then her neck, moving with agonizing slowness to her breasts. His hand sought her through her panties. She arched into his hand. He snaked his hand under her panties, and rubbed her nubbin, already swollen with need. While his thumb caressed her, his forefinger entered her, soon to be joined by his second finger. He gently stroked in and out of her, bringing her closer and closer to the edge. Finally her hips came off of the sofa as she climaxed calling his name.

He slowly eased his fingers out of her, and kissed her gently while she calmed down. She looked at him, dazed. He managed to shift around again, so that she was again on top. Then he pulled her down on top of him, her head resting on his chest, and she happily cuddled against him. Then she looked down at his still hard penis. "What about you?"

"Me?" He followed her glance. "Oh, don’t you worry about me, Luv. I’m quite used to this particular condition when you’re near. "

"Really?" At his nod, she couldn’t help but ask. "For how long? How long have you…wanted me?"

"’Wanted you’? Buffy, I don’t just want you. I love you." He paused to look at her "You do know that don't you?"

"I was beginning to suspect it." She smiled and blushed as she said it. "When did you know?"

"I really couldn't point to an exact moment when I realized that you had grown from a pretty teenager to a very desirable woman. I must say that when I saw you at the Prom, it took all of my willpower not to pounce on you. You looked quite devastating." Her cheeks were rosy. "As far as loving you, I suppose the kernel was always there to some degree. On your eighteenth birthday when that pillock said I had a father's love for you, I knew that I loved you. And I knew that what I felt was certainly not paternal." He tightened his hold on her, then asked. "What about you?"

"Probably about the same time. I had noticed that you were quite handsome the first time I saw you. But then…well at sixteen, you seemed…." She trailed off, not wanting to hurt him.

"It’s all right, Buffy. To a sixteen year old girl, forty-three is old."

She should have realized that he would understand. "Then… well, you know that part. Then when Angel turned, and I relied on you so much, I think that’s when I started to… have warm fuzzies for you. At least, that’s when the dreams started." She blushed even more, if that were possible. "And…well, you aren’t old. It just took me a little while to figure that out. To realize that we could be more than Watcher/Slayer, and friends." She was quiet for a minute. "I love you, too, you know."

"I know, dearest. You would never have let me near you otherwise." She was relieved that he realized that. It mattered a great deal to her what he thought. She realized that as they had been speaking, his erection at subsided. She briefly considered returning the gift he had given her, but realized that he probably wouldn’t let her. She dozed off snuggled against his bare chest.

It was later that night when they woke up to a ringing phone. Giles grabbed it, "yes? Ah, Joyce. Yes she is. I'm terribly sorry that we didn't call you. She fell asleep after patrolling.... No, no she's fine, no injuries, just very tired. I'll bring her ...All right, I'll tell her. Goodnight." He hung up the phone, and gave his love a thoughtful look. She had tensed when he had said Joyce's name.

"Tell her what?"

"To stay here. Also, she's leaving for Los Angeles early tomorrow. So you probably won't see her until Sunday night."

Buffy licked her lips, as she realized the potential. She was supposed to have dinner Friday with Giles. Time to make things a little more equitable. "So, I stay here for the rest of the night? That could be fun."

"Buffy,' he said warningly. "We agreed...."

"Actually, I never agreed to anything."

"You agreed to let me the responsible one." He pointed out.

"That's only when we're 'training'. Not all of the time." She returned smugly.

He started to reply, then stopped, mouth agape. She was right. He wasn't technically her Watcher any more. And, except for what they had agreed on, he was not in charge. He didn't have to be...what was he thinking? He was the responsible one by default. He was older, and in theory, wiser. Although with her naked breasts pressed against his equally bare chest, he couldn't think very clearly. She took advantage of that unmercifully.

She raised herself up, and took his nipple between her teeth. He sucked his breath in with a hiss. She ground her lower half against his wakening penis. He gripped her hips, initially to still them, but finally to encourage her movements. Buffy, however, needed no encouragement. She eased her hand down his chest, running her fingers through his chest hair. Following the trail of hair to her prize. She continued her assault on his senses as she slowly inched his jeans off of him. He arched his hips to aid her, not even realizing that he had done so. Finally, through some very tricky maneuvering, she had him naked beneath her.

The entire time, she had also been kissing and nibbling on his chest, shoulders, and neck. When she reached to fondle him, he arched into her hand, his hands sliding from her hips to her rear, then under her panties. One of his hands continued to caress her rear, while the other stroked her intimately. They were both moaning, and moving their hips.

He wanted nothing more at that moment than to sink into her welcoming warmth. But, when she shifted her weight, and tried to guide him in, he stopped her. "Buffy."

"I want you inside me, Giles." He groaned to hear her say those words. He'd heard them in his dreams more times than he could count.

"Oh, my dearest Buffy. I want that too. But when you and I make love for the first time, I want it to be perfect. Not a fast groping shag. Do you understand?" She whimpered in disappointment. But finally agreed. Once he saw that she was settling down a bit, shifted her off of him. Then he stood, and offered her a hand.

"What? Are we going....?"

"Upstairs. You, my dear, are going to get some sleep."

"Will you sleep with me?" She asked with a naughty grin.

"No, but I think we should...ahem...finish this in a more comfortable setting." She raised her eyebrows at that, then realized what he meant by "finish". Her grin grew even naughtier.


On Friday, Buffy dressed with care. She wanted to look mature, but not like she was trying to look mature. She wore a simple black dress, with low heels.

They had made it through the last two days on Giles' willpower alone. 'Cause hers was tapped out. It had been difficult enough holding sex at bay with Angel. There had been dire consequences for failure to do so. But, with Giles, he couldn't lose his soul. It could, however ruin their friendship if things went awry.

<Mental note-stop thinking such depressing things> She told herself as she knocked on his door. He opened it several seconds later. He was wearing dress slacks, and a blue shirt. He was not wearing a tie, and the top two buttons of his oxford shirt were undone, showing a sprinkling of chest hair.

He leaned down to kiss her, and led her into the living room. "Dinner will be ready in about ten minutes. Why don't you pick us out some music and sit down and relax." She moved to the CD player, and chose a CD with nice quiet (romantic) music.

She sat on the sofa to wait for him, feeling very strange. Knowing that she had condoms in her purse (along with a few necessities for an overnight stay) made her feel super aware of him. Of his body. Of what she planned to do to that body.

Finally dinner was ready, and they sat down to enjoy it. Buffy was truly impressed with the meal, thinking, not for the first time, that he'd been holding out on her. Dessert was a chocolate confection, and she didn't even want to think about how many calories were in it. She decided to just enjoy it, and hopefully work some of it off later. She smirked to herself.

After dinner, she helped him clear the table, and he loaded the dishwasher. He excused himself for a few minutes. When he returned they looked at each other, realizing that there was nothing left to do. He met her gaze nervously. She was surprised by that. She cornered him in the small kitchen, and kissed him sweetly. He enfolded her in his arms, lifting her up and against him. She could already feel her body responding to his touch. And his to her, his rapidly growing erection pressing against her.

She made a whimper of protest as he pulled away. "None of that, Love. I promised you perfect, and that's what you're going to have." And with that he took her by the hand and led her upstairs.

The room was lit only by a couple of dozen vanilla scented candles. The bed was obviously newly made, the sheets fresh linen. Soft music played, and Buffy felt her knees go weak. He had put so much effort into this part, and it was only the beginning.

As they stood in the doorway, they both realized that crossing this last line would irrevocably change everything. She looked at him, over her shoulder then, deliberately stepped into the room, him at her heels.

He stood directly behind her. She waited; knowing that he had this all carefully choreographed. He wrapped his arms around her, and drew her back towards him. When her back was flush with his front, he dropped gentle kisses on the back of her neck. He slowly unzipped her dress, following the path with his mouth. Once he had it completely unfastened he stood and pushed it slowly off of her shoulders, placing nibbling kisses on each of her shoulders, and at the juncture of her neck and shoulders.

He felt her trembling under his ministrations, and felt a surge of purely masculine satisfaction at her response .He let her dress fall to the floor, and she stepped out of it and her shoes. Now she stood before him clad only in her black lace bra, panties and black thigh high stockings. He swallowed, and took several deep-calming breaths, reminding himself of the excellent reason for taking this slowly. Buffy.

Finally he got himself under control. He turned her to face him, letting the desire show on his face. Her face clearly showed the same need. He bent and lightly brushed her lips with his, slipping his fingers under her bra straps as he deepened the kiss, brushing her lips with his tongue, begging entry. She opened immediately for him, her tongue welcoming his. As his tongue took possession of her mouth, he slid the bra straps down, baring her perfect breasts to his adoring hands.

His hands were now kneading her breasts, gently but firmly. As he continued to kiss her, he took her nipples between his thumbs and forefingers, and carefully pinched and rolled them She arched into his hands. He moved one hand to her back and unfastened the bra, letting it fall to the floor.

Then he bent and took each of her nipples in his mouth in turn. First one then the other and back again. He lapped at them, twirling his tongue around and around, biting gently and tugging with his teeth, until they were so hard they almost hurt.

He kissed a path further down her body, trailing his fingertips in the wake of his mouth. Finally he was on his knees in front of her. She had a grip on his shoulders that would have been painful, if it hadn't meant that she was almost beyond control.

Her breath was coming in short gasps by time he reached the juncture of her thighs. He kissed her through her panties. She arched against his mouth, moaning his name. Her hips thrust forward as she felt his tongue through the thin material of her panties. She heard a rip, and then what was left of her panties joined the rest of her clothes on the floor. Now there was nothing between his mouth and her. He held her steady as he continued his sensual onslaught. She was squirming against him, and it was all he could do to finish this and not throw her on the floor and sink himself in her.

Finally he felt her come against his mouth, whimpering his name. His body reminded him that this was far from over. He kissed his way back up her body, pausing briefly at each breast, then recapturing her mouth.

He cupped her rear and brought her against him, letting her feel his arousal, feeling her moisture against his slacks. His far-too-tight slacks. He lifted her, and she wrapped her legs around his waist. Still holding her mouth, he moved them towards the bed, and sat on the edge, her straddling his lap. He scooted slowly back across the bed, kicking off his shoes as he did so.

She pulled a bit back from him, and hesitantly reached for the buttons on his shirt, not sure if he were ready for that. But he gave her rear an approving squeeze, and she made short work of the buttons, then pushed it off of him, and onto the floor. He slowly eased back onto the bed, still kissing her.

She felt his erection through his slacks, and decided that it was time to free him. She lifted just enough off of his body to slide her hand down. She caressed him through his slacks, feeling a thrill as he thrust against her hand. She slowly unfastened him and slid his zipper carefully over him, reveling in his groan of pleasure. She kissed his neck, and shoulder, lingering at the spot on his neck that she knew drove him crazy. She continued kissing down his chest and stomach.

When she reached his waist, she tucked her fingers under the waistband of his slacks and as she moved down his body, took them with her. When she reached his feet, she pulled his slacks completely off, followed immediately by his socks. He lay there clad only in his blue boxers, and Buffy ran her hands all over his body, finally settling on his rock hard penis. He shuddered as her small hand encircled him under his shorts. His body reacted instinctively, thrusting, seeking entry to her warmth.

Before she could act on that, he carefully eased her onto her back, beneath him. Together they pushed his boxers down his body, then off. Then he moved down her body, and took her stocking clad left leg in his warm grasp. He placed a series of sucking kisses along her leg, starting at the skin left bare by the stocking. He slid the stocking off of her leg just ahead of his mouth. He reached her ankles and threw the stocking on the floor. He kissed the arch of her foot, the sucked each of her toes into his mouth one at a time. Then he repeated this with the other leg.

Finally they were both naked. Buffy moved up the bed, and under the covers that had been turned down in such a welcoming fashion. He joined her there, after rolling on a condom he took from the nightstand. He held her tightly to him, kissing her with all the passion that he possessed, before settling himself between her legs. He rested his weight on his forearms, and held her love-filled eyes the entire time, as he slowly, finally slid his way home. He couldn't hold back the groan of pure pleasure as her tight warmth embraced him.

She gasped as he filled her, stretching her, she arched off of the bed, wanting all of him. He rocked slowly into her, and she wrapped her legs around him, forcing him further in. Their breathing was harsh, as he set an agonizingly slow pace to start. Slowly, he built the pace, his thrusts becoming shorter and faster as he neared completion. Each of his thrusts was met by hers, each thrust rubbing her against him, bringing her closer to the edge, until finally, she shouted "oh God, Giles." And went over, tightening around him. His thrusts sped up, and he moved one of his hands down to her clitoris, bringing her to climax again. This time he captured her lips before she could shout her release. When he felt her tighten around him again, he let go of his control, and lost himself in the mindless pleasure of sliding in and out of her wet warmth.

Finally, he cried his release, "Buffy!" And he emptied himself into her, his last thrust sending her once again into climax.

They lay together after, nearly spent. Giles had rolled off of her, and pulled her to him. She lay with her head on his shoulder, his arms wrapped around her. The rise and fall of his chest calmed her as he breathed. He dropped a kiss on her lips, then gently eased away from her to dispose of the condom.

When he returned to the bed, she came immediately to his waiting arms. "God, Giles, that was...beyond perfect. I never dreamed.... And aren't you full of surprises?" She asked wickedly.

"You act as if you think tonight is over, Dearest. We have barely begun." And he proceeded to show her just what he meant. Twice.


In the morning he awoke first. He wanted to go fix breakfast, but knew that for his Love's peace of mind, he'd better be right there holding her when she awoke. So he patiently held her, loving the way she fit perfectly in his arms. He let his eyes run over her bare body, delighted in the knowledge that he had caused the rosy glow on her skin, and the contented smile on her lips. He gently kissed those lips.

He dozed and when he next awoke, Buffy was caressing his growing erection. "What kind of vitamins do you take, Giles? 'Cause I'm thinking that they're working really well."

"Sorry, to disappoint you, my dear. But that's all due to you. No outside...ah...assistance."

"Disappoint me? Not so far." And she straddled him, guiding him inside. He groaned as for the first time he felt her surrounding his bare flesh.

"Oh God, Buffy. We need to stop now, or I'm not going to be able to."

"Stop?" Then she followed his agonized look to the nightstand. "Oh." She pulled off of him. "C-can I put it on?"

"Lord, yes." He bit back another groan as she slowly slid the condom over his straining erection. Knowing that there was little hope of him being able to last very long this time around, he set about stimulating her with his thumb, bringing her quickly to the edge. As she raised up and then practically slammed back down on him, he couldn't hold back his climax. With a final thrust, he took her over the edge with him. She lay on his chest, with him softening inside of her. She had never felt so happy, and contented in her life. Not to mention satisfied. Although there were parts of her that were quite...tender. She didn't remember that from the last time. Although, last time it had only been the once, and well...there were other differences. Big differences.

When they woke again, Buffy told Giles that he could have his shower first, and she would fix breakfast. His response was as incredulous as hers had been. "You cook?"

"D'uh, Giles. I had to last summer. And I got pretty good at it. Not as good as you, but... I'm still learning." Her naughty expression infused her last sentence with all sorts of meaning.

He dropped a kiss on the tip of her nose as he moved off of the bed, and toward the bathroom. "If you say you can cook, then I'm certain that you do it well. You could never be anything but spectacular." And he winked at her. She blushed as she watched him walk into the bathroom.

Then she hopped up and put on his discarded shirt. She loved the way it felt around her, and it smelled like Giles' cologne. She went downstairs and after a quick survey, decided on omelets. She was happily minding the skillet when he came up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist. She leaned back against his bare chest, then threw him a look over her shoulder to see what he was wearing. Jeans, only. Not even socks. He kissed the back of her neck. "Plates." She told him. With a grin at her tone, he moved to comply. He got out two plates, and glasses, then poured them some juice.

A few minutes later, they sat enjoying breakfast. Giles spoke between bites. "I was right. Spectacular." She grinned at him. This was her favorite Giles. She adored her proper Watcher. And Ripper's wickedness delighted her. But this, this was somewhere in between, and felt that this was the real Rupert Giles. Naughty, but not too much. Relaxed, but still exuded that aura of calm stability.

"I love you," she said, apparently out of the blue.

His green eyes got misty. "I love you, too, my dear." She stood up and came to sit on his lap, straddling him. He was surprised to feel his penis responding to her wiggling on his lap. He had thought that he was going to need more time to...recharge. He should have known that with Buffy around, the normal rules wouldn't apply.

He cupped her bare bottom as she unfastened his jeans, and slid him out. This time it was she who remembered the condom. She reached for her purse, and pulled one out. She slowly slid it on him, then sheathed him in her. He unbuttoned the shirt she wore, and pushed it off of her. They loved slowly, taking their time.

It was much later in the morning when Giles remembered that he was supposed to meet a realtor about some houses she wanted him to look at. Houses that she said met his criteria. "Sweetheart, I have to meet the realtor, Mrs. ...ah..Penworthy? I have to meet her at 2:00. She has three houses that she wants to show me...us. That is if you want...."

"Of course I want to go." She bit her lip. "Are you sure you want me to...?" He stopped her with a sound kiss. "What shall we do until then?" She asked breathlessly.

"I'm certain that we'll think of something."

At 1:56, Giles and Buffy pulled up in front of the first house. "Giles? Did you tell her how much you make?" Buffy asked, indicating the large house.

"Yes. Xander once joked that you could still acquire property rather inexpensively in Sunnydale. I can actually get a much nicer house than I could in, say, Los Angeles."

"Cool. At least there are a few perks to living on the Hellmouth."

They got out of the car and greeted the realtor, Mrs. Penworthy. She wasn't quite sure what to make of the two of them, but wisely kept any opinions to herself. As they followed Mrs. Penworthy through the three houses, Buffy knew which one she liked. But, ultimately it would be up to Giles.

He knew by her expression which one she favored. It was the same one he would have chosen if it were up to him alone. There were actually three bedrooms, a large kitchen, a garage with a small area that could easily be turned into a laboratory, and a basement. The master bedroom had a large bathroom with a sunken tub that caused Buffy to whimper.

Giles didn't think twice. "We'll take this one."

Since the house was already empty, Giles didn’t have to wait long to move in. The Slayerettes helped him move. As they moved what seemed like the thousandth box of books, they realized just how large a collection Giles had.

"Geez, Giles, maybe you should open a Library of your own," said Cordelia.

"No thank you." He replied absently, watching Buffy stretch to place a book on the top shelf of a bookcase. She felt his eyes on her, and winked at him, when no one was looking. He smiled. She was obviously feeling naughty. Tonight he would show her some deliciously naughty things they could do. Perhaps they could start with the bathtub. He zoned for a minute, contemplating the possibilities.

"Giles...Giles." Willow nudged Giles gently. He started. "Giles? Are you okay?"

"Yes, Willow. I'm quite well. I was just...er...so many possiblities with this much room.. It quite turns my head." Buffy snickered, reading all of the hidden meaning behind his words. Tonight, 'special training'. She could see it in his eyes.

Buffy was curious. It would be their first time "being bad" since they'd become lovers. She wondered if that would be incorporated. She hoped so. Although, she wasn't sure she was up to whatever Ripper had considered foreplay. She grinned. Giles, no matter what, would never hurt her.

That night, Buffy told her mother that she was staying with Willow, and happily used the key he had given her to enter his new house. The room was dark. She heard sounds from upstairs, so she cautiously went up the stairs. At the top of the stairs was a small table. On the table were a blindfold, and a note. The note simply read, "I promise not to take funny pictures of you. Please put this on." With a grin she complied. She could feel him approach.

She felt him brush a kiss against her lips. "Hello, Luv. Are you ready?"

"Yes."

He led her by the hand down the hall, she wasn't familiar enough with the house to tell where they were when they stopped, but it didn't feel like his bedroom. She felt his hands rest on her chest for a minute, then slowly begin to unbutton her blouse. He slipped it off of her shoulders. Then he unfastened her bra and let it drop. She felt his warm mouth on her breasts. First one, then the other as he licked, sucked and nibbled her breasts. She could only arch against him. When she tried to raise her hands to hold him to her, he grabbed her wrists and said, "no. Keep them at your sides until I tell you otherwise." His tone was firm, and uncompromising. Buffy shuddered, mostly in anticipation, although there was just a bit of fear. But even that was pleasurable. She kept her hands at her sides with some difficulty. Finally, she gave up and clenched them together behind her back. He didn't say not to, so she guessed it was all right.

He kissed his way down to the top of her trousers, and unbuttoned them. Then he slid both of his hands onto her breasts, fondling and kneading them, so she wasn't quite sure how he undid the zipper. Her pants slid down her legs and she stepped out of them, as well as her shoes and socks. Rip. There went another set of panties. She sighed. Then gasped as his mouth touched her intimately. He nudged her legs apart, and settled himself between them. Buffy dug her nails into her palms trying to keep from grabbing at his head. She threw back her head and moaned his name over and over. He growled in satisfaction as she came against him, hard.

He released her and then held her trembling body to him. When she was able to stand on her own, he withdrew. Buffy heard water running. Master bathroom. She could smell vanilla-a smell that she would forever associate with making love with Giles. She stood, silently waiting for him. When the water stopped, he returned to her and led her over to the tub. He guided her into the tub. As she sank into the perfectly warm water, she sighed in contentment. He settled himself behind her. He started to wash her, using vanilla scented soap and a soft scrubby. The bubbles she could feel were also vanilla scented, as she discovered by raising one hand to her nose. She could feel the tension easing out of her. Then she felt him pressing against her backside. After he rinsed her off, he lifted her and settled her on his erection. She sighed happily as he filled her. He didn't move, he was just there inside her, filling her, stretching her. She started to move, but he held her still. "Now, now, luv. None of that."

She whimpered in protest when he carefully slid out of her and moved away. She heard a sloshing sound that made her think that he left the tub. A few seconds later, she felt his hand take hers, as he guided her out of the tub. She stood as he dried her off. Vanilla scented lotion. Then he led her back into the bedroom. Once she thought they were inside he stopped, and grabbed her wrists. He eased her forward onto a soft surface. She felt his erection against her backside. She felt a moments fear, as he pushed against her; he seemed ...harder, than before. He leaned over her, moving her arms above her prone torso. "Keep them there, luv." Then he grasped her hips and buried himself in her waiting warmth with one hard thrust. She cried out, surprised at the sensations. He seemed even bigger than usual. He held still for a few seconds, letting her become accustomed to him. Finally, she gave a few tentative thrusts back against him. He started moving in and out of her at a furious pace, building her higher, quickly. He moved one hand to the front of her, and manipulated her clitoris. He brought her to the edge, then took her over. He thrust once more, twice more and followed her over.

He sprawled on her back for just a few seconds, then moved off of her. He lifted her into his arms, and carried her. She felt the bed beneath her. He settled himself between her legs, and once more entered her, holding her wrists above their heads. She felt him move slowly in and out of her. She felt his mouth at first one then the other breast. Circling the nipple before sucking it into his warm mouth, then gently tugging it with his teeth. She wrapped her legs around his hips, holding onto him the only way she could. She arched against him, as wave after wave of pleasure struck her. He released her hands and clasped her legs, pulling them from around him. Then he moved her legs so that she was in an almost sitting position, with him still inside of her. Her legs were now along his chest, her ankles near his face, and he was kneeling in front of her, his arms reaching around her so that his talented hands were at her breasts. She threw her head from side to side, overwhelmed by the stimuli. Finally, she felt him come, and that sent her over again.

Later, they lay side-by-side, exhausted, but satisfied. "Wow, Giles. That was...wild."

"We're not done yet, luv. You can take off the mask now, if you'd like."

"I'd like." And she did so. She looked at Giles, "oh you." She said, teasing him." What are you doing here?"

"Shagging you." She giggled.

"Well, that you most certainly did."

"Still more to...come, luv."

"Oh, that's bad." He grinned an acknowledgement. "Are we going out?"

"Yes, indeed. Bike, bar, hopefully no dancers."

"I second that."

The got up and got dressed. Giles had picked out an outfit for her to wear. "Uh, Giles. You did say bike?" She said, holding up the black Lycra skirt.

"You'll be fine. Trust me." He grinned at her wickedly.

Later, as she sat behind him on the bike, she was fine. The skirt did show a little thigh, but not an inordinate amount.

It bothered her that he knew that. She shook off that thought.

As they parked the bike at Rocko's, she moved towards the door, but he grabbed her and led her to the side of the building. She squealed as he lifted her, then wrapped her legs around him. He moved until her back was against the wall, and carefully moved her panties aside, she heard his zipper, then he entered her. He took her hard and fast, and it was only a few minutes later, that she tensed in release. He caught her scream in his mouth, as he followed her over.

He slowly slid her down his body. He kissed her, lingeringly. Then they went together into the bar.


"I'm telling you that Buffy lied to Mrs. Summers. She told her she was staying with me. And none of us have any idea where she is." Willow spoke earnestly to the other Slayerettes. She was really worried about her friend. "She doesn't have to lie about slaying any more. So why would she need an alibi? It can't be good."

"I'm going to have to go with Wills on this one," said Xander, unsurprisingly.

"Let's be surprised," said Cordelia sarcastically.

"Now, then. Where would she go?" Asked Wesley, trying to be the voice of reason.

"The Bronze, maybe. If it's Angel, the mansion." Willow answered in kind.

"Did anyone call Giles? They've been patrolling a lot together." Asked Xander

"We called. No answer," Oz replied, calmly.

"Let's split up, then and meet back here in say...and hour?" Wesley spoke again. "Willow, you and Oz check the Bronze. Xander, you and Anya check out the mansion, and Cordelia and I will head over to Mr. Giles', just to be sure."

"It's a plan," said Xander.


An hour later, they met back at Willow's house, empty-handed. Willow looked depressed. "Didn't anyone find anything?"

"Sorry, Will. No luck." Xander had an odd expression on his face as he spoke.

"Cordelia and I fared no better, I'm afraid."

"I have an idea," said Xander.

"Xander, this is no time for...."

Anya interrupted Cordelia. "It could be an idea. You don't know. Go on Xander."

Xander gave her hand a grateful squeeze. "That bar. The one that they found that girl in. Maybe they're over there." Anya snatched her hand back.

"You just want to see if...."

"Actually, that's not a bad idea." Wesley said thoughtfully. "They said they were patrolling that night. And we've already looked where Buffy usually patrols. It's worth taking a look." Everyone reluctantly agreed.

They were surprised that no one questioned the presence of teenagers in the bar. They stood near the door, looking around. They didn't see Buffy or Giles. Xander's eyes were drawn to a petite girl in a short black skirt, shooting pool. He watched for a few minutes admiring her...style. Then a tall man in jeans moved next to her and whispered something in her ear. As he spoke, his hand caressed her hip, and rear. Xander couldn't help noticing that it was a nice rear. Then he yelped. The others turned to look at him.

"Buffy. Over there." Was all he managed to say. The others looked at the girl.

"How can you tell from this, angle?" Anya asked. Xander looked at her helplessly. Willow rescued him. Sort of.

"Xander used to obsess about Buffy. I'm sure he can recognize her butt."

"Thanks Will."

"You're welcome, Xander." They grinned at each other, like the old friends they were.

Then the girl turned. Xander was looking right at her. Buffy's eyes met Xander's. The others just stared. Then their eyes turned to her companion.

Seeing that something had caught Buffy's attention, Giles turned to follow her stare. <Oh shit> All of the Slayerettes stood gawking from near the door. He closed his eyes. <Let it be a dream> He opened his eyes. <No, still there>

The Slayerettes moved towards them in a daze. Buffy spoke perkily. "Hi guys. What's up?"

"Boy are you in trouble," said Cordelia. "And what are you doing here with Giles?"

Trust Cordelia to get to the heart of the matter. "Taking a break," Buffy answered calmly.

"A break from what exactly?" Buffy looked at Giles for help.

"This is neither the time nor the place for an inquisition." Willow took a step back at Giles' tone. It was not friendly. Then he continued. "Is there a crisis that I am unaware of? Perhaps something official?" Giles turned his cold eyes on Wesley.

"Er. No." He paused to look wildly at the others. "We were worried about Buffy."

"I see. And that brought you here?"

"Well, yes. Mrs. Summers called Willow, and since Willow had no idea where Buffy was, she called us."

Giles' couldn’t help sighing at the intrusion into his and Buffy’s private world. He felt Buffy's hand in his. He took a deep breath. "We appreciate your concern. But...."

"No you don't" Cordelia interrupted. "You don't appreciate our concern. You're not happy to see us. Why is that?"

Giles looked at Cordelia. He expected such perception from Willow, but not Cordelia. "Buffy was relaxing, now she’s rather tense again. We were having a nice quiet...." The barmaid brought two beers over.

"Figured you guys were ready for another." She winked at Giles and sashayed back to the bar.

"If she hits on you again, I’m gonna’ start hitting on her," Buffy said sweetly.

"Buffy, she never said a word." Willow said, confused.

"Hah. You weren’t here earlier. The tramp did everything but give Giles her phone number." Buffy looked at Giles, who would not meet her eyes. "What?" He held up a torn piece of paper. "That bit…"

"Now, Buffy…."

"Don’t you ‘now, Buffy’ me, mister. Why did you still have it?"

"I didn’t have an opportunity to throw it away yet. I ripped it up." When he said the word ‘ripped’ she flushed.

Xander spoke up, with a confused expression. "Um, Buffy? Why shouldn’t Giles get her phone…. Oh. My. God. He did have his hand on your ass. You two are…together." It was not a question. And his disgust was clear. The others just stared blankly, except Oz.

"Xander, that’s crazy." Said Cordelia. The others agreed, though with less certainty.

Buffy and Giles looked at each other. They weren’t ashamed. Buffy wanted to spill the beans, and read Giles’ agreement on his face. "Actually, Xander isn’t crazy. Well, maybe he is. But he’s not wrong. Giles and I are …together."

Willow and Wesley were slack-jawed. Cordelia rolled her eyes. Anya was unconcerned; she really didn’t see the problem. And Xander just stared at them, his eyes angry. Willow was the first to speak. "W-why didn’t you…? I’m your best friend. I was worried. We were all worried." Her hurt was obvious.

"It’s still so new Willow. I didn’t...we didn't tell anyone. And it just happened. I didn't know you were worried. You had asked if I was seeing anyone new, and well.... Giles isn't actually 'new'."

"No, I'd say used would be more appropriate. Or just old." Xander's words were harsh, his face angry.

"Xander!" Said Willow. "That's mean."

"But true. C'mon. You're all thinking it." Xander's tone was nothing less than snotty.

"That's enough, Xander," said Buffy. "You're my friend, and I'm sorry that this so obviously bothers you. But you are done."

"And if I'm not done?"

"You are." Her tone was firm. "Xander, I love him. He loves me. We're happy. Be happy for us."

Xander opened his mouth to reply, and then the wind went out of him. "At least he won't go psycho when you guys...euuww, you already have, haven't you?" They wouldn't look at him. "Aw, man." He shook his head. "Take care of her, if you hurt her yadda, yadda, yadda." Buffy threw her arms around him in a bear hug. Her relief was almost tangible.

Wesley looked at Giles, consternation written all over his face. Before he could say a word, Cordelia attached herself to his arm. "What is it with women my age and mature British men?" His mouth closed with a snap. He could feel the heat from Cordelia's body, even through his suit. Cordelia turned to face Buffy and winked at her. Then Codelia turned to Willow with a look that cleary said "your turn".

Willow looked from Buffy to Giles, remembering with absolute clarity how listless Buffy had been, and how alive she seemed recently. <How can I be angry about that? > "My turn for a hug?" And Buffy squealed in joy and hugged Willow.

Giles stood a bit apart, smiling benignly at the now group hug. He was glad that the Slayerettes knew, now that they did. Buffy seemed even happier. And that was the most important thing for him. Although, for himself, he felt better. This was the only family he had, now. And it felt...right, that they should bear witness to his happiness. Buffy's hand snaked out of the tangle and drew him in. As he pressed against Buffy's back, Willow spoke up again. "Uh, guys? How are you going to tell Mrs. Summers?"

The group groaned in unison.

 

The End

 

<< back