"Be My Valentine"

Author: Krissy
Email: pinkbunney4@cs.com


"So, have you talked to Riley?"

Buffy Summers shifted her schoolbooks to her other arm and gave Willow a grumpy look. "You know I haven't."

Willow Rosenberg sighed and rolled her eyes heavenward. "Buffy, you can't let him get away! You have to fight for him," the redhead gently chided.

"He doesn't want me, Will. Let's just drop it, okay?" Buffy speeded up, putting a few steps distance between herself and her best friend and roommate.

Willow sighed theatrically and jogged to catch up. "Don't be so snippy. I'll drop the subject. For now. I can't be held accountable for what I may say later."

The girls lapsed into silence as they joined the throng of students filing into Carmichael Hall. The first day of second semester had dawned chilly and Buffy pulled her new cashmere shawl closer around her shoulders. The deep red wrap had been a Christmas gift from, of all people, Spike. Today, she had chosen to wear it with her tan suede skirt and a cream-colored silk blouse, also a Christmas gift, one of many from her mother.

Willow was silent until they reached Lecture Hall 220, the same room they had taken Psych 105 in last semester. Buffy paused as Willow grasped her arm.

"You're going to have to talk to him, you know. Walsh is teaching Psych 110 and Riley will probably be her TA again," she said.

"I know. Why are we taking this class anyway? Wasn't one semester of the Bitch Monster of Death enough for you?" Buffy said, casting a nervous glance towards the small lecture hall.

"She's okay. I don't know what you're worrying about; she *likes* you. Besides, we both did really well and it would be stupid not to take the follow-up course." Willow tugged Buffy towards the door. "Come on. Maybe Riley will pull a Buffy and ignore you."

"Very funny, witch."

"Hey! As Xander would say, I resemble that remark."

The hall was half-full already and Buffy and Willow found seats in the same place they had last semester. Recognizing many of the same students that had also taken the intro course, Buffy relaxed. Maybe this wouldn't be so hard.She pulled out the heavy textbook and was just opening it when Professor Maggie Walsh and Riley Finn walked in the room. Buffy felt her heart clench as she tried to avoid looking at the tall, handsome young man, who, up until a month ago, had been a definite romantic prospect. An unwanted memory of their one kiss, shared during the attack on Sunnydale by the demonic Gentlemen, seared across her consciousness, making tears clog her throat. It had been so sweet, yet brimming with their shared lust. For days afterwards, Buffy had felt that kiss lingering on her lips, tantalizing her with erotic promise.

But, it had all come crashing down with the revelation of their secret lives, hers as the Slayer and Riley's as a member of the Initiative, the covert demon-hunting operation taking place underneath the campus. When Riley had come to her dormroom the day after she had destroyed the Gentlemen, he had been full of questions and not many answers. His disbelief when she had confessed that she was the Vampire Slayer had been devastating for Buffy.

He had looked at her, just for a moment, as if she were skating on the edge of madness. It was Riley's unwillingness to share the details of his secret identity with her that had broken her heart. She trusted him, but he obviously didn't return that trust. So, Buffy had politely asked him to leave and hadn't spoken to him since, despite Willow's pleas for leniency.

The blonde Slayer looked down at her text, the words swimming through a haze of tears. She glanced over at Willow as the other girl unobtrusively pushed a tissue into her hand. "Thanks."

"He's looking at you," Willow whispered.

"I know. I can feel his eyes." Buffy delicately dried the tears clinging to her lashes, trying to make it look as if she were just touching up her makeup. "Tell me when it's safe to look up."

"You're being Silly Buffy now. You need to fix this with him," Willow hissed.

"Maybe it's unfixable. He's a cute guy... some other girl has probably snatched him up already." Buffy was surprised at the stab of pain the thought of Riley with another girl brought her.

"May I have everyone's attention please?" Maggie Walsh's authoritative voice brought silence to the room. "For those of you who weren't in Psych 105, Introduction to Psychology, last semester, I am Maggie Walsh... "

While the professor gave her opening speech, Buffy risked looking up and met Riley's intense gaze. She froze and felt her face flame in embarrassment.

The expression in his eyes was tender, filled with a longing so sharp, Buffy felt it in the pit of her stomach. The month of missing him came back to her with a vengeance and she felt the tears fill her eyes again. She tore her gaze away and struggled to concentrate on Maggie's introduction of the material to be covered during the semester. Another surreptitious glance showed her that Riley had also looked away, but Buffy had the distinct impression that he could see her anyway. She knew that she was hyperaware of his presence. Could he feel her like she felt him?

Willow, having not missed a beat of the small drama being played out between her best friend and the man who was so perfect for her if she would only open her damned eyes, smiled in satisfaction. It was only a matter of time before Buffy and Riley overcame their pride and found their way back into each other's arms. It was obvious that they were in definite like, if not love.

And, she would do anything she could to gently nudge them in the right direction. That was what best friends were for, right? Besides, Valentine's Day was almost here. What a perfect time to play Cupid.


One month later...

Willow spread her coat on the ground under a tree and sat down. The weather, for early February, was almost balmy and she wanted to luxuriate in the soft breeze that carried on it the faintest scent of the Pacific Ocean. She had just opened her notes for Comp Lit when a shadow fell over her. Shading her eyes, she looked up at the figure towering above her. "Riley."

Riley Finn dropped to his knees beside the redhead. "Hey, Willow, what's up?"

"My temper," she said with her best glower.

He looked at her, unsure of how to take the eccentric young woman's words. "Your... temper?"

Willow warmed to the subject. Tossing her notebook aside, she fixed Riley with a dangerous stare. "Yes, by the Goddess! When are you and Buffy going to stop this nonsense and get back to the smoochies?"

Riley floundered for a moment, caught off guard by Willow's blunt comment. "Well, that's kind of what I wanted to talk to you about. Buffy."

"And smoochies?"

A faint blush tinged Riley's tanned skin. "I don't know if we're to that point."

Willow softened. She sighed and laid one hand on his forearm. "Riley, this is crazy! You like Buffy, right?"

"Sure, I do. She's... she's, well, peculiar, but, yeah... I like her. A lot," he stammered.

"You're being stubborn. She's being stubborn. Now, I've known Buffy for a long time and I know that when she gets a notion, she has a hard time letting it go." Willow paused as an errant gust of wind tossed her hair into her eyes. She smoothed it back and smiled at Riley. "She's got it into her head that you don't want her. Is that so?"

Riley looked down at his lap, the force of Willow's words splashing over him like cold water. "It's just... this Slayer thing. I was under the impression that it was a legend. A myth. Then, finding out the girl I'm interested in isn't at all who I thought, but someone... *something* else... well, it's a little hard to swallow."

"So, let me get this straight. You believe in vampires. You study them in fact, but you find the idea of a vampire slayer hard to believe?" Willow narrowed her eyes at him, waiting patiently for an answer.

Riley didn't have one. He sat down and drew his knees up and wrapped his arms around them. "It's not that I don't believe in the Slayer, per se, but Buffy as the Slayer... that takes a little getting used to." He sighed. "The Buffy I know is a tiny, sweet, slightly dizzy girl who is... "

"Fragile?"

Riley nodded. "Yeah. There's something about her that brings out the protector in me. Now, I find out that she can... "

"Kick your ass?" Willow interrupted again.

"I don't know about *that*."

"I do. I've seen her kick scarier asses than yours, against much scarier odds. You know, maybe I was wrong about you, Riley. Buffy was right, you are Teutonic."

Riley was starting to get angry at the redhead's smug attitude. "I am not! Is there something wrong with wanting to be your girl's champion?"

"No, there isn't. Riley, Buffy is the girl you think she is. She's tiny and fragile and desperately in need of a champion. Sometimes, she's flighty as hell and I wonder how on earth she gets through the day. But, she's also the hero of many people who found themselves confronted by the monsters that hide under the bed." Willow paused, trying to find the words that would make Riley swallow his pride and go back to Buffy. "I've seen Buffy face some of the most horrific creatures that the Hellmouth could throw at her, including one very dear to her heart. She's been dragged into the deepest, darkest pits, sometimes she's faced the horror and sometimes she's run from it. She's died once already for the people in this oblivious town, yet she finds it deep inside her soul to stand back up and fight against the darkness. She's my best friend and she's my hero and if anyone deserves to be loved, it's Buffy."

Standing up, Willow gathered up her coat and books. She looked down at Riley, who was staring off into space, a pensive look creasing his brow. "I just want to say one thing, Riley. If you can love her, if you can open your heart and let her inside, you won't regret it. But, if you can't get past the issues you seem to have, then don't lead her on anymore. She deserves better than another Parker Abrams."

Willow's last statement brought Riley to his feet, trembling in rage. "How dare you compare me to that asshole! I would never treat Buffy like he did!"

Willow never so much as flinched, only smiled a soft, enigmatic smile. She touched Riley again, apologetically. "I know. But, she's hurting. She thinks you've rejected her because of who she is. That hurts, Riley. Think about it."

Riley watched as Willow turned and walked off, her long blue skirt brushing the top of the freshly-cut grass. She was right, he knew that, but it was a shock to have his 'issues' laid out so baldly. He cared for Buffy deeply and being parted from her for over two months was torture. He wanted Buffy Summers. Only being able to see her in class two days a week was playing havoc on his emotions and his temper. Even Forrest had thrown up his hands in exasperation and declared him unfit for human companionship.

And, he was right. It took a massive force of willpower to focus on school and on his work for the Initiative. He was short-tempered and dying inside from the sheer frustration of only being able to look at Buffy instead of holding her, making love to her, like he wanted to.Like he needed to. In the short five months since he'd first met her, she had become the air that he breathed. The center of his heart.

His soul.

It was time that he made a decision and he smiled, the decision crystal clear in his mind.


Night of Valentine's Day

"You look fantastic, Willow," Buffy said, smiling as her roommate spun slowly in front of the mirror.

Willow smoothed her hands over the thin fabric of her formal. The crimson silk, instead of clashing with her fiery hair, complimented her coloring. Tiny straps held up the dress, the snug column molding to her slender figure. "Thanks. I feel so exposed though. This has to be the skimpiest thing I've ever worn."

Buffy smiled lovingly at the fretful girl. "You've turned into an amazing woman, Will. A far cry from the girl at the water fountain."

"Yeah. If Cordelia could see me now, she'd be pea-green with envy. I hope," Willow said, jokingly. Then, looking at Buffy sitting on the edge of the bed, dressed in sweatpants and an exercise top, she sobered. "I wish you'd reconsider going to the dance. It'll be fun! You could wear your prom dress."

Buffy shook her head firmly, her blonde ponytail brushing her shoulders. "Nope. My days of going stag are over. You go and have a good time. I still can't believe you're going with Forrest."

A strange look passed over Willow's face, only to disappear a second later. "Yeah. He's really nice. Not Oz, of course, but we won't think about that tonight."

Buffy got up and walked over to her closet. "It was nice of Riley to introduce you two. And, talk about short notice for the Valentine's Ball."

She turned back to Willow, her cashmere wrap draped over her arm. "Here, this is a perfect match. It'll look great with the dress."

"Oh, Buffy, I can't! What if something happens to it?" Willow cried.

"Don't be silly. It'll be fine. Besides, I think Spike must've stolen it. I don't think he has any money." Buffy unfolded the sinfully-soft fabric rectangle and draped it over Willow's bare shoulders. "There. You're perfect."

Willow ran one hand over the shawl, a dreamy look on her face. "I'll take care of it, I promise. Last chance, Buff? I don't think Forrest would care... "

"No! Now, it's fine, I swear. I'm just going to study and maybe patrol later. You go and have a good time."

"I will. Oh, and Buff? Don't wait up."

After Willow left, on the arm of a tuxedoed and obviously enthralled Forrest, Buffy climbed up on the bed and tried to study. But, the unaccustomed silence on the floor was unnerving and Buffy finally tossed aside her Psych textbook and went to take a shower. Changing into her pink robe and grabbing her bath caddy, Buffy went across the hall to the women's shower room.

Once she had shed her exercise clothes and stood under the steaming shower spray, the tension that had knotted her shoulders finally slipped away. Although she wasn't upset that she wasn't going to the Ball, she still had held out hope that Riley would ask her to go. Obviously, he didn't care about her. Maybe he never had cared.

In the privacy of the shower stall, Buffy cried.


After staying in the shower until she felt wrinkled and completely boneless, Buffy took her time smoothing on her favorite vanilla-scented body cream, an outrageously expensive indulgence that she always managed to cajole out of her mother, and slipped on her newest pair of silk panties. The simple task of bathing and doing little feminine things always made her feel better. Maybe she'd be able to sleep for two consecutive hours without thinking about Riley. For once.She dried her long hair until it fell in a swirl of thick gold silk over her back. Then, slipping on the fluffy robe, she headed back to her room.

Her hand was on the doorknob and she was ready to turn it when the unmistakable sound of music greeted her ears. It was soft, but definitely coming from her room. Surprised that Willow was back so soon, Buffy opened the door.

She stopped in the doorway, shock sending her speechless.

"Oh my god... "

Riley jumped up from Willow's bed, where he'd been waiting patiently for Buffy. He smiled, a shy, nervous twist of his lips that made him look like nothing more than a bashful child. "Hi."

Buffy stepped into the darkened room, lit only by the warm glow of several candles, placed on her desk and Willow's and on both nightstands. Shutting the door behind her, her gaze fell on the red and white checked tablecloth spread out on the floor, topped with two small white china plates and a silver bowl of strawberries. A bottle of champagne was chilling in a silver bucket, two glasses nearby.

"Um... I'm sorry for just letting myself in, but... well, our first date was a picnic... and I thought maybe... " Riley trailed off as two fat tears slid down Buffy's cheeks, still flushed from her bath. "It may not be as romantic as the Valentine's Ball, but... "

"It's perfect," Buffy whispered, her voice choked with emotion. She looked up at him and noticed for the first time that he was wearing a tuxedo, the cut of the black suit accentuating his broad shoulders. Then, she noticed that he was barefoot. She laughed, suddenly tickled by the incongruity of their clothing, he in a tux and barefeet and she in a terry-cloth bathrobe. Tears still spilled down her face. "I don't think I'm dressed appropriately."

Riley smiled and walked over to her. Buffy tilted her head back to look up at him. Reverently, he touched her cheek, marveling at the silken smoothness of her skin, the tears so warm under his fingertips. It was all he could do not to sweep her up into his arms and carry her to bed. She smelled amazing, like sugar cookies and sun-warmed skin, and her face, scrubbed clean, seemed almost hazy, in soft-focus. She was what he always imagined angels looked like. Ethereal and oh-so-sweet. "You're perfect. Beautiful."

Taking her hand, Riley led her to the tablecloth and helped her sit down. Seating himself beside her, Riley uncorked the champagne and poured it into the crystal flutes. Handing one to Buffy, he gently clinked their glasses. "Happy Valentine's Day, Buffy Summers."

Scooting closer until she was curved against his side, Buffy gazed up at him, her happiness glowing from her hazel eyes. "Happy Valentine's Day, Riley Finn."

They sipped their champagne and Buffy giggled as the bubbles tickled her nose. "I suppose I have Will and Forrest to thank for this lovely surprise," Buffy finally said, her voice hushed.

Riley set his glass down and slipped his arm around Buffy's waist. She snuggled as close as she could and lay one hand on his thigh. "Yes, as a matter of fact, you do. Willow is one devious little witch."

Buffy smiled. "You have no idea. When she makes up her mind, it's 'resolve face' all the way."

"She opened my eyes. Buffy, life is too short to spend it away from the people you love and I don't want to spend another minute away from you," Riley said, nuzzling her hair. "We can work through this, I know we can. I want to tell you about the Initiative and I want to know about you being the Slayer. I want no secrets between us."

He looked down at her only to find that she was staring at him with a slightly dazzled look. "What, did I lose you?" he teased.

"Right about the 'people you love' part. You care about me?"

Her voice was almost meek in its indecision and she looked at him with uncertainty. Riley reached up to slip his hand under her hair, his fingers brushing the back of her neck and making her shiver with the sensation. One shoulder of her robe slipped, revealing a tantalizing expanse of creamy skin, turned golden in the candlelight.

"I love you."

A smile, blinding in its brilliance, lit her face. "Oh, Riley... I love you, too."

Cupping her face with both hands, Riley touched his lips to hers, tentatively, then with growing passion. Buffy whimpered low in her throat and smoothed her hands inside his jacket, her fingers tracing over his chest. She was so warm, so pliant in his arms, it made his head swim and his heart hammer wildly beneath her hands. With a gasp, he broke the kiss.

Buffy laughed lightly, nervously. "Oh... gosh, that was... um... "

She touched her lips with her fingers. Riley picked up his champagne flute and emptied it one gulp. "Yeah. Um... yeah, it was."

In an effort to dispel some of the supercharged atmosphere in the room, Buffy leaned forward and chose a strawberry from the bowl, unaware of the amount of flesh that was exposed by the action. Riley groaned as the top of one plump breast swayed into view. For a girl as slender as Buffy, she sure seemed to be curved in all the right places.

"Mmmm... these are perfect. Juicy." Buffy bit into the fruit and smiled in pleasure.

Riley poured himself another glass of champagne and topped off Buffy's glass. She looked up at him with an impish grin. "Busy corrupting the morals of a minor?"

"I think I may be the one in danger here." Picking up a strawberry, he dipped it into his glass. "Let me show you the proper way to eat a strawberry."

Buffy leaned forward, the vee of her robe gaping even more. She was smiling softly and Riley drew the strawberry over her lips, wetting them with the sweet champagne. One drop slid over her chin and she caught it with her finger, then licked it off, her gaze never leaving Riley's. Riley dipped the strawberry again and held it up to Buffy's mouth. She delicately took a bite, her lips stained pink from the juice. This time, several droplets of champagne fell onto her chest, slowly sketching a path over her skin.

He couldn't tear his eyes away from a single drop, rolling into the valley between her breasts. Buffy watched him with a mixture of amusement and desire. She had missed him so badly, missed his teasing and his sweet smiles. His chivalry and his quiet intensity. And she had missed the erotic little tingles she got every time he managed to touch her in some small way. Now, he was here and he was feeding her strawberries and staring at her as if she were something utterly precious, something to be worshipped and adored. Buffy knew that now was the time to make a choice and she hoped it was the right one.

Rising to her knees and facing Riley, Buffy reached out and slid her fingers through his silky light brown hair, the strands shimmering in the candlelight. "I love you, Riley," she whispered as she loosened the knot on her robe with her other hand.

The pink terry-cloth garment puddled to her knees as she let it slip from her shoulders.

The candlelight gleamed off of Buffy's body, casting some parts into shadow and others into shimmering prominence. She was everything Riley had imagined she would be and then some. If they lived to be a hundred years old, he would never tire from soaking in her beauty. Just as he suspected, she was perfect. So tiny, yet lusciously rounded in all the proper spots. Her breasts, while small, were exquisite, the nipples plump and rosy. His mouth watered just at the sight and he promised himself that, before the night was over, he was going to taste every inch of her.

Her flat stomach swelled into sweetly curved hips, a scrap of beige silk hiding her femininity. And, to his surprise, she was the same creamy shade of gold all over, stunning his addled brain with the implication. A vision of Buffy laying nude under the sun made him harden even more than he already was. He swallowed nervously. Suddenly bashful before Riley's torrid gaze, Buffy covered her breasts with her arms, ducking her head so that her hair shielded her face.

"R-riley... um... is it too soon? Maybe... should we wait?"

"Buffy, sweetheart... come here." Riley took her hands in his and gently pulled her arms apart. He drew her closer. "I don't want you to feel that you have to rush into anything."

"You...you don't want me..."

"Yes. I want you more than anything. I can't believe I'm even sitting here with the remote possibility that you might want to sleep with me."

Riley reached up and twined his fingers in her long hair. "Just tell me what you want and I'll give it to you."

Buffy moved her hands to Riley's shoulders and she pushed his tuxedo jacket off. "I want you, Riley. I want you to make love with me."

Riley closed his eyes briefly, sending a heartfelt thank you to whoever had listened to his prayers. "Your wish is my command, my lovely Slayer."

She giggled, a surprisingly erotic sound that made all the blood rush to his groin. "Well then, slave, pleasure me."

With a growl, Riley jerked her into his arms, his mouth hungrily descending on hers. Buffy continued to tug at his clothes, not making much progress because he was holding her so tightly. His tongue, tasting salty-sweet from the alcohol, caressed hers lazily, entwining with it with hot, head-spinning sensuality.

Riley tugged Buffy into his lap so that she was straddling him. He could feel her damp heat through his trousers and he struggled to rein in his rampant desire. He wanted her too badly, had waited too long, to lose it in a moment of adolescent impatience. She was a wriggling armful of moist, scented flesh, her hands having finally succeeded in stripping his jacket and shirt from his body. The black bowtie still hung crooked around his neck, left behind in her haste to rid him of his clothing.

Buffy wrapped her legs around Riley's bare waist, anxiously pressing her aching core against the bulge in his pants. He was jerking against her in tiny thrusts, trying to give her the friction she so badly needed. His hands were everywhere, sliding over her back and waist and into her hair, pulling her back for kiss after wild kiss. She sobbed with each ragged breath.

"Riley, please... please... I neeeeed..."

Still holding her to his body, Riley maneuvered her so that she was on her back in the middle of the picnic cloth. He loomed over her until he was all she could see. Reaching into the ice bucket, he grasped the champagne bottle and tilted it over Buffy's breasts. A golden trickle of the bubbly drink flowed over her skin, making her gasp from the chill. The champagne only sweetened her already honeyed skin. Before it could drain to the floor, Riley leaned forward and sipped up the drops, his lips and tongue gliding over her tummy and breasts. Buffy moaned as he drew one nipple into his mouth, rolling the rigid little peak over his tongue. Her hands clutched at his hair, his shoulders, whatever part of him she could reach, her hips bucking against him.

With the champagne as his guide, Riley worked his way down Buffy's body, drinking the liquid from her flesh. His hands glided over her, memorizing every inch, thrilled that his touch was causing those amazing sounds coming from her throat. Buffy's legs had loosened from around his waist, falling to either side in invitation of his touch. She was writhing slowly, her glazed eyes watching his every move.

When he had moved farther down her body, she reached up and began to fondle her own breasts, her fingers with their little pink painted nails rubbing her nipples until they were as hard as pebbles. Riley rose to his knees and lay his palm flat against Buffy's stomach, below her navel. His touch was reverent and Buffy smiled encouragingly. Slowly, so slowly she wanted to scream in anticipation, he slid his hand to the top of her panties, his fingertips just inside the elastic band. She arched her hips, letting him know what she wanted. He only smiled and moved his fingers back out.

"Riley... "

"Shhh... in time. In time."

Instead, he cupped her mound outside of the fabric covering her, his middle finger curving in slightly. Buffy yelped and jerked in response. She was wet and the silk clung to her in sticky patches. If the moment hadn't been so urgent, she might've been embarrassed by her body's reaction, but all she wanted was for Riley to strip the offending material off and touch her bare flesh.

Riley knew he was driving her crazy. She was trembling and perspiring and pouting in the most adorable way. Again, he dipped his finger inward, pressing the wet silk between her lips, rubbing the incredibly heated flesh inside. She cried out and reached for his hand. He caught it and held it to the side, feeling her strength as she fought against his grip. He leaned over her, staring into her passion-drugged gaze. Her eyes, normally a greenish-hazel, were almost a pure emerald in the reflected candleglow.

"What's it gonna take, Buffy? How long can you take it?" he whispered, his mouth only inches from hers. In answer, Buffy lifted her head, capturing his lips in a searing kiss.

"Don't make me wait, Riley, please... " she moaned, undulating her hips underneath his questing fingers.

Riley smiled and pulling back to his position between her thighs, he hooked his fingers in her panties and tugged them down. Buffy lifted her legs straight up in the air, letting him draw the fabric off. Capturing one leg in his hand, he trailed tiny kisses over her foot and toes, then moved up to her ankle and higher.

Buffy giggled and hooked the toes of her other foot in the waistband of his trousers. "I think it's time you rid yourself of these. You wouldn't want to get them all messy."

"That wouldn't do, would it?"

"Nope."

She started to sit up, but Riley pushed her back down. "Stay put. I want to look at you."

She flushed pink all the way to the tops of her breasts. But, she lay on the floor as he stood up and quickly shed his pants and boxers. His erection curved up towards his stomach, the tip glistening with moisture. Buffy felt a primal heat, deep in her belly, an intensely female craving for her man.

"Come to me, Riley. Come inside me," she whispered boldly, holding out her arms.

Dropping back down to his previous position, Riley spread Buffy's thighs farther apart and bent down to her. He dimly heard her protest, but he ignored her as he tasted the soft flesh of her lower belly, sucking on small mouthfuls as he moved gradually south. She smelled so good, so intoxicatingly woman, that his head was spinning and for a moment he thought he was going to faint. Finally, he was at the spot he had been craving all night. Dark neatly-trimmed curls glistened with her moisture and he gently parted her with his fingers.

Buffy stared blindly at the ceiling, embarrassment, lust and curiosity all warring for dominance. Even Angel, in their one short night together, had never done this to her and God knows Parker couldn't have been bothered with it. But, Riley, oh God, Riley was touching her in the most intimate places with his tongue, sweeping wetly over her already soaking flesh. He was sucking on her lips, nibbling delicately at the even more private spot deeper still, then he was ever-so-gently nudging...

"OH JESUS GOD!!"

Buffy convulsed as wave after wave of sensation flowed through her, all centered on the tiny bud that Riley had taken between his lips and drew deeply on. She grasped handfuls of the tablecloth and shrieked, her head thrashing back and forth.

Riley gave her no quarter. Reaching under her, he pulled her hips up to his mouth and continued to draw out her orgasm, bringing her to peak after peak of pure physical release. She was shaking in his hands and he could still feel her tremors against his tongue. Lapping up the lush moisture seeping from her, Riley carefully eased her back from her climax. He lifted his head, smiling when he saw her face.

She was murmuring under her breath, soft, disjointed phrases of pleasure. But, it was the tears sliding over her cheeks that concerned him. "Buffy, honey, are you okay?" Riley whispered as he crawled up to lay beside her. Softly, he stroked her belly.

With a whimper, Buffy turned into his arms, burying her face against his chest. "I'm f-f-fine." She hiccuped as he gathered her close.

"I didn't hurt you, did I?"

She shook her head, damp strands of gold brushing his chin. "N-no. It was just so... "

"What? Tell me."

Buffy pulled away and sat up, wiping her eyes like a sleepy child. "It was just so... I've never felt anything like that. It was almost too much, yet not enough. Intense."

Riley touched her hair, then her cheek. "Are you sleepy?"

The look she gave him only stoked the fire. "Sleepy? You're not saying we're done, are you?"

"Well, I kind of hope not."

Buffy moved back into his arms, her body slippery against his. "We have the whole night ahead of us, Agent Finn, and I expect to be well taken care of. If you do your part, I'll let you have a cookie."

Riley got to his feet, Buffy cradled in his arms. "Well, Little Miss Slayer, if a cookie is all you have to offer, I don't know if I can find the time to take care of your needs." He carried her over to her bed, dropping her onto it. Buffy scooted back as he crawled over her.

"It's a very tasty cookie, specially made just for you," she whispered, an impish smile curving her lips.

Riley was kissing her stomach, his tongue tracing circles around her belly button. "Mmmm... I can't think of anything tastier than what I have right here."

"One of a... ooohhh... kind, homemade, with icing on top... Riley! Do that again... " she said as he tugged on her nipples with his teeth, then sweeping over the hurt with a wet swipe of his tongue. He obliged her, moving to the other side.

"Well, since you're offering so sweetly, how can I refuse? Have I told you recently that I love you?" he asked as he covered her body with his.

Buffy drew her legs up his, her thighs cradling his hips. "Mmm, it's been an hour, I think. I kinda lost track of the time."

"Then, I love you, Buffy," Riley whispered as he reached between their bodies and guided his erection to that warm, moist haven that had been calling him all night. She was so aroused, so soft, that he was able to enter her completely in one deep thrust. Buffy arched up and clutched at him with hands and legs, pulling him as close as she could. Riley could feel the gentle spasms inside her as she came again. He took her rosy lips in a soul-deep kiss, sucking her tongue into his mouth as he began to move.

Buffy caressed his back, her hands exploring the straining muscles as he braced his weight on his forearms, his hips rotating smoothly between her legs. She met his gaze and held it, drowning in the rapture building again.

"Give me your hands," Riley grunted.

Buffy slipped them, palm up, in his and he clutched at them as if they were a lifeline to keep from going over an abyss. He was past the stage of being tender and moved straight to raw lust. He was pounding into her and Buffy met him thrust for thrust, her own pleasure spiraling up in her yet again.

"God, Riley... ohohoh...ohmigod... " Buffy moaned as she strained against him, her legs up around his waist as he filled her over and over again until she thought she would die from sheer delight.

Riley couldn't take his eyes off of the beautiful girl beneath him. If he hadn't been obsessed with Buffy before, as Forrest seemed to think he was, then he definitely was now. She was utterly exquisite, her little sighs and moans and whispers urging him on only adding to the experience, her frenzied motion bringing him ever closer to release.

It was her last orgasm that brought him over. Buffy squeezed his hands and twisted under him, her head thrown back as she cried out softly. Riley wanted to cry as the tension inside him exploded. He thrust deep inside her one last time, burying his face in her neck, nuzzling the damp, hot skin. Buffy lowered her legs and Riley collapsed against her for a moment, pressing her down into the mattress. They clung together, tender kisses and light touches mingled with sighs of bliss. Finally, Riley rolled off of her, pulling her already drowsy body into his arms. He smiled down at her; she was yawning and snuggling deeper into his embrace.

"Are you cold?" he asked. He was; the air on his body was chilly.

"Mmm-hmm. Let's get under the covers."

Riley sat up. "Let me blow out the candles first."

A small nightlight on Willow's side of the room provided enough illumination so Riley could find his way back to bed without tripping over the things on the floor. Buffy had pulled the wet comforter off the bed and spread a clean blanket over the sheet.

"You opened the window. I thought you were cold?"

She blushed, looking adorable. "Just to air it out. You know."

He did. Crawling back in the warm bed, Riley scooted over so Buffy would have enough room to slide in beside him. When they were comfortable, Buffy's head pillowed on his chest, his arm around her shoulders, Riley sighed contentedly.

"So, I guess this is make-up sex."

Buffy's laughter sounded sleepy. "Yeah. I like it. Maybe we can fight more often."

"It wasn't really a fight. Wonder what it would be like if we really did?"

"I seriously doubt that I would live through it. You get your cookie, Agent. You get two."

Riley grinned in the darkness and kissed the top of Buffy's head. "I'm gonna get fat on all the cookies I intend to collect from you."

His answer was a soft murmur from the girl dozing on his chest. Riley pulled Buffy close and as he fell asleep, he whispered softly, "Happy Valentine's Day, Buffy."

 

The End

Note: Of course, one small detail was left out and I didn't catch it until I started posting the story. That is the responsibility that comes with sex. In real life, the use of a condom would be necessary. But, since this is fiction (and I'm used to writing Buffy/Angel smut -- no condom required), we'll just assume that Riley had time to do the right thing ;-)

<< back