"Happy Father's Day"

Author: Pamela
Contact:
destructo-girl@cox.net

"You go in first!"

"Me? Why me?"

The sounds of Buffy and Angel *trying* to be quiet, woke both Rupert and Joyce Giles.

"Because what if they're having sex, or had sex, or something equally gross? What is I see something I'm not supposed to see! That would be my lifetime ticket to therapy!"

"Oh, and it wouldn't be traumatic for me to see your mother and Giles like that?"

"We're completely dressed and had been sleeping peacefully up until a few minutes ago. It's safe to come in." Joyce told them loudly.

Angel and Buffy walked into the room with sheepish smiles on their faces. Giles normally would have been embarrassed to be seen in his pajamas, with his British manners, but he was far too exhausted to care. He'd been up with Toby several times during the night. A glance at the bedside clock told him it was only eight in the morning.

"Happy Father's Day!" Buffy greeted cheerfully.

Giles noticed she was carrying a tray with food and drinks on it. "What's going on?" he asked casually.

"You get breakfast in bed!" Buffy informed him as she walked over to the bed and set the tray down. "I know you aren't a big breakfast eater, but... change is good!"

Looking down, he saw that Buffy had brought them a couple glasses of orange juice, a cup of Earl Grey tea for Giles, toast, and scrambled eggs.

"Oh, that was so sweet, Honey. Rupert, Buffy makes great eggs." Joyce told him as she sat up.

"Mom, scrambled eggs are so easy!" Buffy replied.

"I know, but you make other kinds of eggs too. And other stuff. Angel, she'll kill me for telling you, because now she'll *have* to cook, but Buffy is a really great cook."

"Ooh, thanks for the information... I'm sure I can use it to my advantage." Angel grinned as he sat in a chair near the bed.

Buffy rolled her eyes. "Angel...... the presents?"

"Oh, right." Angel replied, handing Buffy the two wrapped boxes in his hands.

Buffy held them out to Giles and smiled.

"I get presents?" Giles asked. This was all new to him. He'd felt like a father to Buffy for over two years, but he'd never been so official before. Well, now he was an official father... to Toby. He reminded himself that Buffy loved her own father, and Giles was just lucky that they still shared their own unique relationship.

"Of course!" Buffy replied as she plopped down at the foot of the bed, anxiously waiting for Giles to open the packages.

Joyce picked up a plate of eggs. "I'll just eat while you unwrap... Don't want these to get cold."

"This one is from Toby and I." Buffy informed him.

Giles was dumbfounded that Buffy was giving the gift from her as well. He wasn't surprised that she would take the time to give him one from Toby... But this was like saying he was her father. Noticing the anticipating look on Buffy's face, he opened the package.

He laughed as soon as he saw it. A tie, with floating UFO's and hamburgers on it.

Buffy shrugged. "It's Father's Day... I have to give you a tie you'll never wear. Besides, I'm also giving you a way cool gift... You can relax all day and Angel and I will watch the baby."

"Oh, Buffy... I couldn't... he's not your responsibility."

Buffy waved her hand. "He's my brother! Besides, I want to. Not only because I am loving taking care of him, but I owe you about a million, so this is nothing."

"Rupert, cherish these moments while they last. I guarantee there will come a night, not too far in the future, where you will have to *beg* her to watch him." Joyce told him.

"Well... if you're sure.."

"I am! Now open the other one. It's from Mom."

"Buffy helped, since I've been bed-bound." Joyce added, with her mouth full of eggs.

Giles opened the box and gasped. Tears sprung to his eyes. As he struggled to get control of his emotions, Buffy cleared her throat apprehensively.

"Do you like it?"

"I love it." Giles replied, really meaning it. He looked up from the framed picture that was made for fathers with the picture of him posing with Buffy and Toby in the hospital that Angel had taken a few days earlier.

"If you wanted... You could put it on your desk in the library... only if you wanted, of course." Buffy told him, almost shyly.

Giles smiled and nodded. He definitely wanted it on his desk. A picture of him with his children.

"Do you think he really liked it, or was he just being nice?"

"Of course he liked it! Why wouldn't he like it?" Angel asked as he rubbed Buffy's feet. She was laying on the living room couch with her feet in Angel's lap. Toby had awakened soon after they had given Giles his gifts. They'd fed the newborn and he'd gone back to sleep in his bassinet.

"I don't know.... I'm not photogenic?" Buffy replied.

"You are too! You think I'd marry you if you weren't?" Angel teased, earning a playful kick from Buffy.

Buffy sat up and pulled her feet out of his lap. "Want your gifts now?"

"You got me gifts? Why did you get me gifts?"

Buffy gave him an incredulous look. "I'm pregnant with *your* child, Alzheimer's Guy!"

"Yeah, but... well, I guess I'm not an official father. I haven't really done much."

Buffy raised her eyebrow.

"Well, after the baby was conceived, I mean!"

"You got me Mother's Day gifts." She pointed out.

"Yeah, but you do stuff. You are *supposed* to eat right, even though you don't. You have to carry the baby around. You had to get sick. You're doing something, at least."

"Well, who tries to make me eat right? Who rubs my feet? Who... holds my hair back when I get sick?"

"Those are Dad things?"

"Of course!"

Angel smiled, pleased with himself for doing 'Dad things'.

Buffy pulled out a gift bag. "I think you'll hate it, but you're so hard to shop for! You need to be more materialistic Sweetie."

Angel laughed as he took the bag from her. "I'll try."

He was happy to see that she got him a book for expectant fathers. Angel enjoyed reading and now he'd get to learn all about what was happening inside Buffy, and maybe he wouldn't drop the baby when it came. She also got him a pager, explaining that in about 6 months, they'd definitely need it. Angel agreed enthusiastically, and made plans for them to sit down and work out a system of codes.

"I also had another gift in mind for you," Buffy added and she sat in his lap and wiggled. "but you can't get that until later tonight."

Angel pouted. "Why not now?"

"Hello?! Toby... In the room! I don't think so!"

"Oh, like he's gonna know!"

"And what if he wakes up and starts crying in the middle of it and we are too... occupied... and Giles comes down to see what's taking so long. He'd kill us! Especially you!"

Angel sighed defeatedly. "Now that you got me all worked up."

"I'm sorry, baby." Buffy apologized, kissing him softly. "But I promise, it'll be worth it later.

"Can we make out?" Angel asked, darting his tongue out so it slid over her bottom lip.

Buffy giggled, "I don't see why not."

He slipped his tongue into her waiting mouth. Buffy's fingers gripped his short hair, holding his head to hers, as if he'd ever want to leave. Angel ran his hands up and down the side of her leg. He started sliding it up her shirt.

But then Toby started screaming at the top of his lungs. Angel had no idea how someone so little could be so loud.

Buffy reluctantly got up and picked up the infant. "Think he was doing the overprotective brother thing?" She grinned.

Angel grimaced, remembering his own days as the overprotective brother. Fate had a way of getting back at you.

"I can't believe you insisted on coming over here."

"Well, I want you all to myself. We sure as Hell can't be alone at your house, and at my apartment they could call. So we're here." Angel replied as they walked into their still unfurnished home.

Buffy wandered away. "You know, we have got to get to work. The wedding is in less than a month and it'd be nice to be able to actually live in our house."

Angel grabbed her arm and pulled her to him. "We will. Later. I never thought we'd finish dinner. I was ready to drag you into the bathroom of the restaurant."

Buffy smiled and allowed Angel to pull her to the pile of blankets and pillows that still sat on the floor from their last "excursion."

She back lay against the cushioning with Angel next to her, lying on his side. He bent his head to kiss her tenderly. Buffy's nimble fingers began unbuttoning Angel's silk shirt. They moved apart so that Angel could pull off his shoes and pants and Buffy could tug her sundress over her head and kicked off her sandals.

Moving back together, Angel's hands slid behind her back and expertly unclasped Buffy's bra. She arched against him as he cupped her breasts in his palms. He slid his hands down to the waistband of her panties, ripping them promptly from her body. Buffy pulled him on top of her, wrapping her legs around his waist, running the bottoms of her feet over his buttocks. Angel felt an intense need to get his boxers off as soon as possible. He quickly tugged them down his legs, kicking them off before rising to his knees and spreading Buffy's thighs further apart.

His lover smiled up at him, passion apparent in her eyes. He slowly slid inside her moist heat, stooping down to kiss her fiercely when he entered her at full tilt. He slowly slid back, until he had pulled almost all the way outside her. He thrust his hips forward, setting a steady pace. Buffy began to impel her hips up to meet his thrusts, a thin sheen of sweat covering her body.

They came together, collapsing in the pile of cushions. Angel held her tightly in his arms, dreading when he'd have to take her home and be alone in his own bed.

"I'm sorry I didn't get you really cool gifts like you got me. You're so hard to shop for. Plus, I was running around taking care of Toby's stuff last week."

"Buffy, I loved what you got me! I don't need anything else."

"I feel bad, though. You went and bought me really special gifts and I got you a book and a pager. How lame."

"Buffy, like you said, I'm difficult. I don't listen to CD's, I don't watch a lot of movies, and I don't like to let anybody else buy my clothes. You give me so many gifts all year long. You give me your smile, you give me your love... You give me a child."

Buffy smiled and kissed his cheek. "You're so sweet."

"And you did get me that subscription to Golf Magazine a few months ago... which I love."

Buffy laughed, as Angel sat up, pulling her with him. "We better get you home."

"Why?"

"It's almost ten."

"So what? I'm an adult."

"Yeah but the baby is way too young to be out this late." Angel argued.

"You have *got* to be kidding."

Angel stood and pulled his girlfriend up as well. "I'm not. You're pregnant, Buffy. Your body is working hard to nurture another life inside it."

Buffy wrinkled her nose as she found her bra and put it on. "That sounded way gross."

Angel ignored her. "You need your rest. And then I can read my new book and find out what's going on so I can be sure to take good care of you."

"Oh great!" Buffy replied, rolling her eyes. "What have I done? I've given you even more information to drive me crazy with!"

"Come on." Angel urged, pulling a now fully dressed Buffy out the door. "We both need our rest because we have a *lot* to do in the next month."

"Told you so!" Buffy replied with a smirk.

Angel couldn't help but grin as he realized they sounded like an old married couple... Something they would someday be.

The End

 

<< back