"Happy Mother's Day"

Author: Pamela
Contact:
destructo-girl@cox.net

Buffy flipped through the channels as she sat on the couch after Giles had taken Joyce for a special Mother's Day dinner. Settling on MTV, she tossed the remote on the coffee table and lay back on the couch as she pulled another saltine out of the package. It wasn't fair. Her mother had hardly been sick at all, but Buffy had been experiencing extreme nausea for over a month now. God bless saltines.

Someone knocked on the door, causing Buffy to groan. This meant she had to get up! Sighing dramatically, she got up off the couch, pausing a moment to squelch the churning in her stomach. She padded the rest of the way to the door and opened it.

"Angel?" she asked, surprised to see her fiancé standing there with a bouquet of roses.

"Hi baby." He replied, stepping through the doorway and kissing her forehead. He handed her the roses. "Happy Mother's Day!"

Shocked, Buffy took the roses. "You got these for me?"

"Of course, you're the mother of my child." He replied, placing a hand over her inverted belly.

Buffy shook her head. "This was so sweet of you!"

Buffy hugged and kissed him then went to the kitchen to put the roses in water with Angel following. "Speaking of the baby, have you been able to eat anything?"

"Oh, the usual, saltines and soup."

"You look like you're losing more weight."

Buffy rolled her eyes. "An-gel! You're doing the mom thing again!"

"What? I worry about you and I don't want you to end up in the hospital again, okay?" He replied, gently taking her chin in his hand.

Buffy smiled reassuringly at him. "Angel, I will not end up in the hospital again, I am doing a lot better than I was before. I am actually keeping *something* down, albeit soup and crackers."

"Good, I want a well working Buffy."

Buffy grinned and moved her hands to his belt to tease him. "Oh really? And what should I be well working for?"

Angel batted her hands away. "Not yet, Sweetie, we have plans."

"What plans?"

"It's a surprise." He answered, grabbing one of her hands and pulling her out of the kitchen, towards the front door.

"What are you doing?"

"We're going out."

"No way! I look gross!" Buffy protested.

"You look beautiful."

Buffy gestured to her tank top and baggy sweat pants. "I do not go out in public like this."

"Go put shoes on, and then you will be dressed perfectly for where we are going."

Buffy pouted, but Angel gave her the "no budge" look. Sighing resignedly, she turned and headed up the stairs.

"You're not going to humiliate me, are you?"

"No!" Angel laughed.

Buffy frowned she hated being blindfolded. "I just don't want to be totally embarrassed when you take this off and I find all my friends there and I am severely underdressed or something."

Angel moved his hand to cover hers. "I promise you, that will not happen."

Buffy felt Angel's car pull to a stop. He got out and opened her door.

As he helped her out of the car, she asked, "Will you take this thing off now?"

"Fine." Angel sighed. He untied it and let Buffy see where he'd taken her.

"Our house?" Buffy asked, surprised.

"The surprise is inside." Angel told her, pulling her towards the front door.

Right before they got to the door, Angel picked her up, bridegroom style, and carried her in for tradition's sake. He continued to carry her into the family room where she found he'd laid out blankets and pillows as some cushion on the floor since they were still lacking furniture. He'd also set out a ton of candles, giving the room a warm glow.

He settled Buffy on some blankets. "I'll be right back." He told her before leaving the room to go to the kitchen. He came back in a moment later with two bowls of vegetable soup and some bottles of water he'd been keeping in the kitchen.

After he'd set the food down and settled across from Buffy, he looked at her, seeking approval. Needless to say, he was surprised to find tears streaming down her face.

"Did I do something wrong?" he asked, concerned.

Buffy shook her head as she continued to cry. "It's all so sweet! I don't know why I'm crying but I'm really happy!"

Angel smiled in relief and hugged her. It must be those hormones Joyce told him about. Buffy calmed down soon after and they quickly ate their soup. As soon as Buffy had cleaned her bowl out, Angel picked them both up and returned them to the kitchen. He emerged carrying a small box.

"Angel, you got me something else? You didn't have to!"

He handed her the box. "Shut up, my love, and open your gift, Mom."

Buffy smiled and opened the box. Seeing it's contents she sighed. "Oh Angel, this is so great!"

"You like it? I wasn't sure whether you would or not."

"I love it!" Buffy replied as she pulled the ring out and placed it on her finger. It was gold with twelve round diamonds in a channel setting. The best part was it had "Mom" cut out on both sides.

She kissed him passionately and pushed him down so that he lay on the blanket-covered floor beneath her. "Ready to see how well I am working?" she teased as she unbuckled his pants.

"Very, very ready." He grinned, wriggling beneath her.

She got his pants open and stroked his erection through his silk boxers. He flipped her over so that her small body was pinned beneath his. Buffy twisted her lower body, helping him pull her pants and underwear off. Growling in frustration, he yanked off her sneakers. He kicked off his own shoes as he moved back up her body to pull off her tank top. Smiling, as she lay beneath him nude Angel quickly divested himself of his own clothing.

He positioned himself between her splayed legs, the tip of his erection teasing her dripping entrance. Buffy lovingly wrapped her arms around his neck, kissing him deeply. He slid slowly inside her warmth as she wrapped her legs around his waist.

Not removing his mouth from hers, he moved slowly in and out of her. He moved his hands up and down the sides of her body, from her shoulders to her hips, as she lightly scratched her nails over his back.

They moved slow and fiercely as long as they could before simultaneously reaching their climaxes. For a long while, they lay on the floor of their empty home, Angel on his back with Buffy lying on his chest.

Eventually Angel made her get up and get dressed so that he could take her home, reminding her she had school the next day. Buffy rolled her eyes and teased him about mothering her as they got back into his car.

Angel kissed her good night. "Did you enjoy yourself tonight?"

"Very much so, as if you couldn't tell." Buffy grinned.

"I love you, and I know you're giving up a lot to be a mother already, I want you to know how lucky I feel that you are doing this."

Buffy's eyes brimmed with tears. "Oh, please don't make me cry again!"

Angel smiled. "I'm sorry." Her replied, kissing her forehead. "Go get some sleep Honey, I'll see you tomorrow."

Buffy smiled back at him and nodded. He turned to leave when she grabbed his arm. "Oh, before I forget, did you get your tux for next Saturday yet?"

"Next Saturday?" he asked, looking at her blankly.

"My prom, Angel, it's next Saturday."

Angel frowned. "Oh yeah.... do I have to go?"

Buffy shot him a dirty look. "No, I'll just go with some other guy. I'm sure I can get a date. Don't you dare think I can't get a date!"

Angel bit his lip as the Horrible Hormones reared their ugly head again. "I don't want you to get a different date, I just thought that maybe you'd enjoy a quiet evening just the two of us more. Also, you haven't been feeling as healthy as usual lately and being out all night would be so tiring for you."

She crossed her arms over her chest. "I have been dreaming of going to my prom since I was a little girl! I already bought my dress. Besides, I told you about the prom last week and you didn't say anything...... you weren't even listening to me, were you? You were watching the stupid TV!"

"It was golf, Buffy, you know I like golf, why do you talk to me when I'm watching it?"

Buffy gave him her best guilt-inducing look.

"I'll get a tux tomorrow." He sighed.

Buffy grinned and wrapped her arms around him. "I love you!"

Angel smiled back at her; nothing made him happier than making her happy. "Yeah, yeah, yeah.... now get to bed before I have to make you."

"Ooh, promise?" she grinned.

He kissed her once more and swatted her behind. She grinned and went into the house. Shaking his head, Angel walked back to his car.

Two and a half centuries old and going to a high school prom. Only on the Hellmouth.

The End

 

<< back