"Prom Night"

Author: Pamela
Contact:
destructo-girl@cox.net

Angel stood, waiting in the foyer of the house for Buffy to come down the stairs from her bedroom.

Giles, standing next to him, gave him a sympathetic smile. "I have no idea what they could be doing, Buffy has been getting ready all day."

"All day?" Angel asked, incredulously.

Giles nodded. "She went and got her hair and her nails done and spent hours getting dressed and doing her make-up."

Angel felt a little more nervous. A mere week earlier, he had thought of the prom as just a simple dance, but day by day he realized it was a much bigger deal. The more important he realized the night was, the more nervous he got.

Just then, Joyce rushed down the stairs, a grin on her face and a camera in her hand. "Oh you look so handsome!" She gushed, snapping a quick picture of Angel. "Rupert! Where is the camcorder? I told you, I want every moment on film!"

Giles, rolling his eyes behind Joyce's back as she rushed over to the kitchen. Angel saw Giles pick up a small camcorder and begin to pan around the room, since the sight of Angel standing there, not-so-patiently waiting for Buffy would not be providing a vast amount of entertainment to whomever watched the tape.

Joyce rushed back into the foyer. "Rupert, don't move the camera so fast, you're going to make us sick when we watch it!"

"Mom! Leave poor Giles alone!" Buffy scolded as she stood at the top of the stairs.

"Thank you!" Giles replied gratefully.

Angel looked up at his fiancée and the air gushed out of his body. She was beautiful.

Slowly, Buffy made her way down the stairs in her pale pink spaghetti strapped gown with glitter sprinkled all over it. It had a fitted bodice and a full skirt and, as she got closer, Angel saw that there were butterflies sewn on to make it look like they had landed on her.

She smiled at him, looking more lovely than she ever had before, her hair was pulled up into a ponytail on top of her head, a waterfall of golden ringlets framing her face, looking like a princess with a small tiara as a decoration.

"Wow... You look... great." Angel told her.

Buffy smiled. "Thank you, you look pretty cute yourself." She walked up to him and gave him a soft kiss on the lips. Joyce squealed and took a picture, the flash serving to blind the prom-bound couple.

"Rupert, are you filming this?" Joyce asked, ready to shoot another picture at any second.

"Yes!" Giles sighed.

Buffy and Angel smiled and shook their heads at the older couple, which Joyce loved and caused her to take another flurry of pictures.

"Joyce, you're going to make them go blind." Giles teased.

Joyce waved him off. "My little girl is going to her prom! I have to have pictures to fawn over!"

Angel remembered the plastic box in his hand. "I, uh, got you one of these." He told her, gesturing to the white corsage.

As he slid it on her wrist, Buffy smiled and Joyce squealed, her camera snapping rapidly. "Okay, you two, give me a few shots with happy smiles!"

"Mother, how can you possibly have pictures left on that roll?"

"Buffy, would you please just shut up, smile, and make your pregnant mother happy?" Joyce scolded.

They posed and let Joyce take picture after picture before Giles finally helped them escape. Buffy grabbed her overnight bag.

"What's that for?" Giles asked.

"I'm sleeping over at Angel's."

"You are?" Giles asked, his eyebrow raised.

Buffy bit her lip. Giles was in Dad-mode. "It's closer?"

"It is not."

Joyce laughed. "Rupert, I told her she could."

Buffy smiled triumphantly and dragged Angel out the door. As they walked to the limo with Joyce taking pictures from the porch, Buffy quipped "Hopefully I won't run into anything since I am now suffering from *blindness*!"

Angel chuckled as they got in the back of the limo and cuddled together in the empty cab. They had opted for their own limo, with the other four members of their group sharing their own, since, as Cordelia so wisely reminded them, blood stains; and the girls wanted their men to look good for the big night.

After they had stopped for a romantic dinner, and headed to the high school, where the prom was being held. They walked in arm in arm, with Buffy practically glowing. They walked over to a round table that Willow and Oz were sitting at.

"Hey Will!" Buffy greeted.

Willow saw her friend and jumped up and hugged her. "Oh you look so great!"

"So do you!"

Angel and Oz nodded politely to each other as they all took their seats.

"I hope this table's okay." Willow told them. "It was up to Cordy's standards, so I figure it must be top notch."

Buffy smiled and nodded. "It's perfect. Where is Cordy?"

"Uh... sort of dancing with Xander." Oz informed them.

"Sort of?" Angel asked.

"Well, they're half dancing, half bickering." Willow explained.

"Oh God... Did he ignore my good advice and wear the huge red sparkly bow tie?" Buffy asked.

"No." Oz replied, shaking his head. "It's basically just bickering for no particular reason."

"Oh, well that's the best kind." Buffy replied.

Angel stood up. "I'm going to go get you punch."

"Angel, I don't need punch!" Buffy argued.

"Yes you do, I don't want you to get dehydrated."

"Angel!" Buffy whined, but sighed as he just walked away to the punch fountain. She looked over at Willow and Oz. "Angel likes to be my mommy."

"I think it's cute!" Willow smiled.

"Think what's cute?" Cordelia asked as she joined them, with Xander in tow.

"Angel. I have to have beverages at all times. He's even trying to make me eat nonstop." Buffy complained.

Cordelia shrugged as she sat down. "It's not like you couldn't stand to gain some weight."

Buffy gave her a dirty look.

"What? It's true." Cordelia argued.

Willow nodded in agreement. "She's right... for once."

Angel came back with a glass of punch for Buffy. Sitting down in the chair next to her, he handed her the glass. "Drink up."

"Oh goodie!" Buffy replied sarcastically. "After all, it's been, what? Twenty minutes since I had a drink?"

Oz and Willow gave Angel sympathetic smiles as Cordelia and Xander disputed over the selection of food available. The quarreling couple soon returned to the dance floor, as did Willow and Oz after talking with Buffy and Angel for a while.

Left alone, Angel sighed and turned to Buffy. "Why are you mad at me?"

"I'm not mad." She replied, crossing her arms over her chest and tapping her foot loudly.

"Yes you are."

"No, I'm not!" Buffy seethed. "I'm... annoyed."

"Why?"

"Because, Angel, you are always treating me like I *am* a baby and not *having* one!"

"I just want to make sure that you're always comfortable. Your mother has been giving me tips on how to make sure your pregnancy is a pleasant one."

"Oh, Angel, I told you not to listen to her!" She told him, smiling pleadingly. "Honey, I know you mean well, but I am not all of a sudden a piece of china that's going to break."

"But, you got so sick, you had to go to the hospital! I'm so worried that'll happen again."

Buffy shook her head. "It won't. I'm hardly sick now!"

"Really?"

"Yes, really. For the past few days I have hardly had any morning sickness." Buffy grinned.

"That's great." Angel replied, leaning over to kiss her. "But still... if you need anything at all, I want you to tell me. Let me take care of you."

"Okay." Buffy agreed. "Actually, there is something I want you to do."

"What?"

"Dance with me?"

"I'd love to." He beamed, taking her hand and pulling her to the dance floor, where a slow song had just started.

Tonight's the night that we're alone
So baby turn the lights down low
Girl our love is gonna live... forever

They danced as close as possible, Buffy resting her head on his chest. She closed her eyes and smiled, loving how safe she always felt in his arms. Nothing could ever happen to her when she was in his arms.

Alls it took was just one kiss
You're the one I'm gonna miss
Girl our love is gonna live... forever

"Did you have fun?" Angel asked as he let Buffy into his apartment.

"Time of my life!"

"Good." He replied as he set her bag down and pulled her to him for a gentle kiss. "I'm sorry we didn't go out with everyone else, I just worry you'll get overtired."

"That's okay, I can think of other ways to get overtired..." She grinned.

Angel walked back over to her and slowly slid her hands around to her back to delicately pull the zipper down the back of her dress. Buffy grinned and pulled off his jacket then began working on the buttons of his shirt.

They were soon dressed only in their underwear. Angel got on his knees as he slid Buffy's panties down her legs. For a few seconds, he pressed his head against his abdomen, imagining their child that was growing inside her. Buffy smiled and did the same as she looked down at his head and ran her fingers through his hair. He stood up again, gently tugging her to the bed, where she lay down as he swiftly pulled his boxers down.

He lay on his side, next to her on the bed, as he looked down at her face with complete adoration and traced circles lazily on her stomach.

"I love you so much."

"I love you too." She replied, pulling his head down so that she could kiss him.

Angel moved his body over hers and gently pulled her thighs apart. She bent her knees and lifted her legs so she could lightly stroke the backs of his thighs as he slid slowly inside of her. As he filled her, they shared moans of pleasure and soft kisses.

They moved slowly and softly, Angel languidly moved in and out of her body as Buffy continued to massage his thighs with her toes. They fused their lips together as their pleasure built and Angel thrust faster and faster.

Buffy moved her legs to link tightly around his waist so she could propel her hips up to meet Angel as he plunged inside her. She started rotating her hips clockwise as he moved his counter-clockwise- pushing them both over the edge.

Shouting each other's names, they both came, Angel collapsing on top of Buffy. She stroked her fingers in small circles on his back as he got his bearings. As the world stopped spinning and Angel caught his breath, he rolled over, pulling Buffy with him.

"Buffy... where did you learn that?"

Buffy stifled a yawn as she neared sleep. "Learn what?"

"That hip-rotating move."

"Oh that." Buffy giggled. "Cosmo."

"The magazine?"

"Of course."

"Did you learn anything else?"

Buffy giggled again. "Yup."

Angel smiled, looking forward to when they "experimented" again.

 

The End

 

<< back