"Quality Time"

Author: Pamela
Contact:
destructo-girl@cox.net
Notes: "She's All I Ever Had" belongs to Ricky Martin.

Buffy smiled and cuddled further into her husband's embrace as he lounged behind her on the couch, his chest cushioning her back.

"Seems like I never get to be alone with you anymore." She murmured as he dipped his head forward and kissed her softly on the lips.

"I know." He replied, his hands rubbing her swollen belly. "Between work and school, your mom, Giles, Toby, Xander, Cordelia and, of course, Spike... we never get these little moments anymore."

"And after the baby comes we will *never* get moments like this again." Buffy smiled, not really complaining because she was really looking forward to when the baby came so she could meet her son or daughter and hold them in her arms.

And she could fit into her tiny clothes again.

Angel thought about how their lives would be consumed with feedings, crying, dirty diapers and exhaustion. And even if they did have time and energy for lovemaking, Buffy wouldn't be able to for at least a month after the birth.... he really needed to get it out of his system now!

However, when Angel slid one of his hands lower, trying to slip between his wife's legs, she smacked his hand away.

"Not with Spike here!" Buffy hissed.

"Spike's not here right now!" Angel replied trying to move his hands between her thighs again until Buffy smacked his arm hard. "Oww!"

"Angel, he might not be in the house right now, but he could come home any time." Buffy told her pouting husband. "Doesn't mean we can't go upstairs...."

Grinning, Angel expertly helped Buffy sit up straight so he could scoot out from behind her, then stood and helped his very pregnant wife up. Hand in hand, they were heading towards the stairs when the doorbell rang. The couple froze and looked at the front door a few feet away.

"Don't. Answer. It."

"But Angel, what if..."

"No." Angel answered firmly. "Nothing could be *that* important."

"Too bad, I see you guys!" Xander announced as he peered through the mail slot.

Buffy could practically see the steam rising out of Angel's ears as he stomped over and unlocked the door, flinging it open to reveal a surprised looking Xander still kneeling in front of the door.

"What is so important?" Angel practically growled.

"I just wanted to know if Buffy wanted to watch South Park with me tonight." Xander answered as he stood up.

"No, she doesn't!" Angel snapped at him.

"She can tell me that herself, then!" Xander replied, getting in Angel's face.

Buffy sighed. "Knock it off, guys."

"Come on, Buff... Cordelia is on a date, Oz is practicing with his band and you know I have to get out of my house or else I will kill my parents. So, you're the only friend I have right now." Xander pleaded.

Buffy sighed, feeling incredibly sorry for him. Her eyes shifted to her husband standing beside Xander with his arms crossed and an annoyed look on his face.

"Well... Only watch Southpark?" Buffy asked, caving.

"Buffy!" Angel complained. "What about... us?!"

Xander shot him a disgusted look. "She's eight months pregnant! My God, you're horny!"

"Okay, how about this... the show starts in ten minutes. Xander and I will watch it- you can join us if you like, of course, Angel- and then as soon as it's over, Xander can head off to the arcade, home, or whatever. And you and I can have 'us' time, Angel."

Pouting, both males nodded in defeat. Buffy grinned, glad to have found a fair compromise.

Angel decided he had nothing better to do, so he sat next to Buffy on the couch while Xander lounged in the recliner.

"Buffy... shouldn't we have popcorn?" Xander hinted.

"Popcorn does sound yummy..." Buffy replied before struggling to get up.

Angel would have helped her, but he was infuriated that Xander would ask in the first place. Not only was he way out of line just showing up and interrupting their night, but to make Buffy wait on him! So, he was too busy trying not to kill the boy to help his wife.

Angel glanced at his watch. Five more minutes and the show would be over. Who ever would have thought they'd make a cartoon show that was so vulgar? However, Buffy and Xander seemed to love it. They laughed continuously as they munched on the popcorn Buffy had made.

At ten thirty-two, Xander was walking out the front door. Angel didn't even give him the opportunity to try to stay late. Buffy went upstairs while Angel made sure the house was all locked up.

Finally, he raced up the stairs, intent on ravishing his wife. However, when he opened the door, he found a bit of a surprise. All Buffy had done was pulled her shoes off before she apparently waited for him to get the rest of her clothing off. Unfortunately, she'd fallen sound asleep.

Angel didn't have the heart to wake her, so he sighed and changed into his pajamas, deciding Buffy would be okay in her sweat pants and baggy T-shirt for the night. He placed a few pillows behind her back before settling in bed on his side so they were facing.

She looked so beautiful, so peaceful. Yes, he wanted to make mad passionate love to her... but it could wait. Watching her like this was much more fulfilling.

"Hi Honey."

Angel looked up from the paperwork he'd been doing to find his wife in the doorway to his office.

Instantly, his mood brightened as he stood up and moved towards her. "Hi!"

Buffy smiled and toddled over to him. They hugged and he dipped his head to kiss her. Now that her belly protruded so much, his height had become helpful.

"Not that I don't love seeing you... but why are you here?" Angel smiled as he stood with his arms around her and his hands on the small of her back.

"Mom wants me to go to lunch with her. I got here a few minutes early so I could see you." She replied.

Angel quirked an eyebrow. "Is everything okay with her?"

Buffy leaned forward and answered in a low voice so that they wouldn't be overheard. "I don't know, but I think she just wants together time. It's weird; all of a sudden, she's... clingy."

"So, you think something must have happened?"

Buffy shrugged. "I don't know, but something tells me I'll find out when we have lunch. Which will hopefully be soon because the little one here has been doing high kicks all morning and worked quite an appetite up for us."

Angel grinned as he knelt in front of her to place the side of his face against her stomach. "Sounds like they take after Mommy."

Buffy ran her hands through Angel's hair as he softly whispered orders at the baby to take it easy on Mommy. This is what she'd dreamed of since she was a little girl.

"How about I get us reservations for tonight at that waterfront restaurant you like so much?" Angel suggested.

"Gauttier's? That's so romantic!" Buffy grinned.

"I know... we can have a nice, romantic night. Dinner, maybe a walk on the beach... home..." Angel told her as he stood back up and wrapped his arms around her.

Buffy closed her eyes and smiled serenely. "Sounds wonderful."

"Ohhhh..." Joyce interrupted. The couple looked over at her in surprise. "I'm sorry, but how about another night? I was thinking you two could come over for dinner at our place tonight. Kind of a family dinner. Oh, and we could play Yahtzee after!"

Buffy looked at Angel questioningly. He knew that she really didn't want a night with the family and he knew she knew neither did he.... however, they both felt an obligation.

"Okay... we can always have a night to ourselves some other time." Angel answered.

"Great!" Joyce grinned. "Buffy, I just have to make one quick phone call and then we can leave. Toby's coming with us."

"Oh good, I never get to see him anymore." Buffy replied with a smile, then pouted. "I can't even baby-sit him alone, I'm so huge."

After Joyce left, Angel sighed and leaned down so he and his wife's foreheads touched. "We're going to get our night alone when the baby is eighteen."

"That's not true!" Buffy argued, then sighed. "We won't get our night alone until all the kids we have *after* this one finally get out of the house."

"Honey, that would require us making love. If we never get five minutes to ourselves, then how can we make babies?"

"Oh yeah." Buffy replied, groaning sadly.

Buffy smiled as Toby wriggled in Joyce's arms and whined for his sister. Joyce sighed as she tried bouncing him to calm him down.

"No, Toby, Buffy can't hold you." Joyce scolded.

"Oh Mom, please let me!" Buffy pleaded, holding her hands out for her brother, who held his out in reply. He missed seeing his big sister all the time.

"Honey, the way he is wiggling around will make it too hard for you to hold him in your condition."

"But if I hold him he'll calm down. He's just fussing because you won't let his most favorite person in the world hold him!" Buffy argued. "Come on, then you can finish your lunch."

Joyce sighed and looked down at her half-eaten salad, then handed Toby to Buffy. Looking at her daughter's empty plate, she asked "Were you full?"

Buffy nodded as she lay Toby against her chest so his head rested on her shoulder. "I'm so stuffed... the baby's taking up too much space."

Joyce burst into tears and Buffy gasped in amazement. Luckily, Toby was now placated so he peacefully gurgling against her shoulder.

"Mom, are you okay?"

Joyce nodded as she continued to sob and dabbed her eyes with the napkin. "I was just thinking you can't eat a lot because your own baby is getting so big inside you... My grandchild! My little baby girl is having a baby of her own! You aren't my baby anymore and I want you back!"

"Oh, Mom...I'm still your daughter." Buffy replied, trying to comfort her mother.

Joyce shook her head. "I know that you're my daughter, and I'll always be your mother, but it's not the same! You won't be living in your room anymore. Do you know I go in there almost every night and turn on the light, so that when I walk by I can pretend you're in there studying. But you're not... and in a *month* you are due with your first child!"

Her hormones surging, Buffy began sobbing too. "Oh Mom, I'm sorry!"

"It's not your fault!" Joyce replied, crying as she stood up and hugged her daughter, not caring that half the restaurant stared at the two of them sobbing.

"We're spending the night at your mother's?" Angel asked his wife in disbelief as she packed a duffel bag for the two of them. "Honey, why?"

Buffy looked up at him in amazement, as if the answer was obvious. "Because she needs me to!" She replied before bursting into tears.

"You made her cry?! You bastard!" Spike growled as he walked through the bedroom door and hugged the hysterical woman. "She's carrying my lit'l brother or sister and you made her cry!"

Angel rolled his eyes. Buffy was obviously in the middle of one of her mood swings and the last thing Angel needed was Spike driving him crazy.

"He just doesn't understand, Spike!" Buffy lamented.

"I know, Pet. He's a bad man." He comforted, then glared at Angel. "A *very*bad* man!"

Buffy calmed down a bit. "Are you all packed?"

Spike nodded. "Even brought my rubber ducky."

"He's spending the night there too?" Angel asked incredulously.

Buffy nodded. "Of course he is! He's part of the family!"

"How?!" Angel demanded.

"I'm the baby's brother!" Spike answered.

"You are not the baby's brother! You're not Buffy's son and you aren't my son!"

Angel crossed his arms over his chest indignantly as the other two gasped.

"How can you deny Spike's paternity?! Do you have any idea how that makes him feel?!" Buffy shouted before pulling Spike back to her to hug him comfortingly.

Over her shoulder, Spike flipped Angel off.

Angel's blood was boiling. Why on earth did he turn him? He was so annoying!

At last, they were alone. Angel had spent a long evening enduring dinner with Joyce reminiscing on Buffy's childhood, Giles babbling about some demon, Spike and Buffy flirting, and Toby had spit up on him.

After their game of monopoly, he'd had to endure 'ER,' which he hated. Usually Spike and Buffy watched it while he read, but since they weren't at home, he had no escape.

At eleven, everyone was ready for bed except for Spike. However, he was content in the basement with comic books, his walkman and a little TV. As Buffy got her pillows ready and lay in the bed, Angel crawled up behind her and nibbled on her neck.

"Angel!" She giggled, batting him away. "Not here!"

"Why not?" He asked as he nuzzled her shoulder.

"Because it's my mother's house!"

Angel stopped and leaned over to face her. "We've made love here before several times."

"It's different now!" Buffy replied matter-of-factly.

"Now that we're married and supposed to be making love?"

"Angel I just spent the night trying to make my mother feel like it was okay that I'm a grown woman with my own family. Do we really need to drive the idea into her head by having sex?"

Angel rolled onto his back and moaned. "You have to be kidding me!"

Buffy struggled for a moment and sat up. She looked down at him and felt bed. "Well... I could maybe help you out..."

Angel raised an eyebrow. "How?"

"You could be Mister Popsicle." Buffy giggled.

Angel grinned, that would be wonderful. "Wait a second... I can't have sex with you, but you can perform oral sex on me?"

"Are you *really* going to complain?"

"No... I just don't get it."

Buffy sighed. "We haven't done this in months... how can we position ourselves?"

"I know!" Angel exclaimed.

He pulled off all of his clothes and pulled Buffy over to her desk. As she stood there, trying to figure out his plan, he moved the desk chair in front of her and stood on it.

Realizing this was his plan Buffy burst out laughing. The whole idea was just ridiculous. He was going to stand on a desk chair while she sucked him off?

Sighing and feeling silly- after all, what man wants a woman to laugh with his erection in her face- Angel got off of the chair, deciding he'd use his hand on the bed.

Buffy finally got herself together as Angel way lying down. "I'm sorry, Baby."

"Sure, whatever." Angel grumbled.

"No... here, sit on the edge of the bed." Buffy replied.

Angel did as she asked as she carefully got onto the ground in front of him. As she engulfed his length in her hot mouth, he hissed. Knowing he needed release and quick, Buffy didn't tease.

Before long, Angel was erupting in orgasm, mindful to keep quiet, so as not to wake the whole house to their activities. As Angel tried to catch his breath after emptying himself in his wife's mouth, she managed to get back up and scramble out of the room before he could even form a question.

A few seconds later, she returned. Calm enough to speak, Angel asked "Is everything okay?"

Buffy nodded and smiled. "I just had to spit."

"Why? You always swallow!" Angel replied, wondering why he revolted her now.

"Because... eww!" Buffy answered. "Think of it this way, whatever I eat, the baby eats... So if I swallow your semen..."

"Then my own child digests my semen.." Angel concluded, a disgusted look on his face. "Good idea, Honey."

"Thanks!" She grinned, settling back into bed. "I'm exhausted."

"I love you so much." Angel told her as he settled against her back.

"I love you too." She sighed before falling asleep.

Exhausted, Angel trudged into the front door of his home, wanting only a bottle of Guinness and a newspaper. He and Joyce had an auction in LA that day, so it was well after eight before he got home. Buffy had stayed at her mother's that day, babysitting Toby since Spike was there to help her, so she was probably ready for bed.

However, Buffy had other plans.

He found the living room lit only by candles. Some of his favorite classical music played on the stereo and he smiled, touched that she had been so thoughtful.

He found his wife on the couch, sitting serenely in her forest green silk nightshirt. She knew it was his favorite thing to see her in now that she was pregnant. He loved how it brought out the green in her eyes.

"Hey Baby." He greeted his voice rough with desire as he walked quickly over to her on the couch.

"Hi." She replied with a bright smile as he sat down and kissed her.

His hand moved to rub her belly. It was almost habitual his way of greeting their baby.

"Were you hungry?" She asked as their mouths broke apart so they could breathe.

Angel shook his head and smiled. "Your mother insisted we join all her art friends for dinner. Right now, there's nothing I want more than to go to bed."

Buffy grinned. "Funny, that's exactly what I had planned."

Kissing her once more, Angel stood up and helped her get on her feet. The two of them blew out the candles and turned the stereo off before heading up the stairs.

On the way up, Angel decided to make an effort as well. He knew nothing turned Buffy on more than when he did a little strip show. So, when they entered the room, he directed her to sit on the edge of the bed, while he moved over to the CD player and tried to find a good song to strip to. Unfortunately only one of Buffy's CD's was sitting on top of it.

And it *had* to be Ricky Martin.

Sighing, Angel popped the CD and set it to the track that Buffy loved so much. She played it at least five times a day. As the music began, he turned and found his wife grinning in anticipation on the edge of the bed.

Here I am
Broken wings
Quiet thoughts
Unspoken dreams
Here I am
Alone again
And I need her now
To hold my hand

Slowly, he unbuttoned his shirt, revealing the strong muscles of his chest bit by bit. Buffy bit her bottom lip, wanting nothing more than to rub her hands over that chest, but knowing the game was that she had to behave.

She's all, she's all I ever had
She's the air I breathe
She's all, she's all I ever had

Shrugging the now completely unbuttoned shirt off his shoulders, he moved his hands to his pants. He tantalized her by leisurely unbuckling his belt and sliding it through the belt loops so he could fling it across the room, trying not to flinch as it hit a wall. Hopefully he wouldn't have to repaint.


It's the way she makes me feel
It's the only thing that's real
It's the way she understands
She's my lover, she's my friend
And when I look into her eyes
It's the way I feel inside
Like the man I want to be
She's all I'll ever need

His fingers soon unbuttoned and unzipped his pants, which slipped to the floor. Unfortunately, he'd been so focused on being sexy; he'd forgotten his shoes. He tried not to fall over and make a total ass of himself as he pulled them off his feet.

So much time
So much pain

But there's one thing
That still remains

It's the way she cared
The love we shared
And through it all
She's always been there

Triumphantly, Angel stood in the room clad only in his black silk boxers. He ran his hands up his body from his gyrating hips up his chest. Buffy squirmed on the bed as she licked her lips and Angel could tell she was very aroused.

She's all, she's all I ever had
In a world so cold, so empty
She's all, she's all I ever had

Angel hooked his fingers in the waistband of his boxers, intent on pulling them down, when laughter erupted from the bedroom door.

Both Angel and Buffy looked to the door in shock and found Spike, doubled over and laughing hysterically.

"Spike!" Angel growled as he snatched up his bathrobe and threw it on before turning off the CD.

"Oh, bloody Hell! That was priceless!" Spike continued laughing.

Buffy remained on the bed, but looked at Spike sternly, admonishing him. "Spike, you know better than to just come in here without knocking."

"I'm sorry, Luv, I just figured you were cleaning or something. After all, you were playing that blasted song." Spike reasoned. "Besides, it was so loud, I didn't think you'd be able to hear me if I knocked."

Sighing loudly, Angel crossed his arms over his chest. "Is there something you wanted?"

"Yeah... to tell you two that I'm hitting the road." Spike answered, lifting his arm to show them the bag he was holding.

"You're leaving?!" The couple replied in unison. Buffy's was of surprise, while Angel's was of glee.

"Well, only for a while. I've got to be back in time for the baby's arrival." Spike grinned.

"Where are you going?" Buffy asked, as she struggled to get up.

Spike walked over to her and helped her. "I don't know... just around. I do *so* love to travel, you know."

"I know, but I'll miss you. Promise to call?" Buffy asked.

"Oh course, Pet." Spike replied, patting her stomach. "You be good for your Mum, now. And don't you dare make me miss your birth!"

"Spike, shouldn't you get a move on? Sun's coming up soon." Angel urged.

"In *nine* hours!" Spike rolled his eyes, then wrapped his arms around Buffy. "I'll miss you bunches."

"Oh, I'll miss you too!" Buffy replied, squeezing him as tight as she could. "You take care of yourself."

"I always do!" He answered jovially, before dipping his head down and catching her off guard so that his tongue could invade her mouth as he kissed her deeply.

"SPIKE!" Angel roared, yanking him away from his wife.

Buffy put her hand up to her mouth and giggled as Spike stuck his tongue out at his red-faced sire.

"She's my wife! You don't kiss her like that!" Angel shouted.

"Honey, it's okay, he was just kidding." Buffy tried to calm her husband down, rubbing her hand along his forearm.

"Kidding?! What kind of joke is kissing you? When you're pregnant, no less!"

"It's a joke because he just did it to get a reaction out of you! It has nothing to do with attraction." Buffy reassured him.

"Well, I wouldn't go that far... I think you're pretty sexy... all pregnant with my sibling." Spike teased.

Angel gritted his teeth. "She's not carrying your sibling, she's carrying my baby."

"Whatever!" Spike replied, then waved. "Well, I'm going. I'll see you later, Pet."

"Bye Spike!" Buffy waved as he walked out the door. Yawning, she looked up at her husband. "Boy, I'm beat, how about you?"

Angel's shoulders slumped. No sex for him again.

Angel awoke in his leather recliner in the living room the next evening, finding his wife straddling him with a wicked grin on her face.

"Wake up sleepyhead."

Slowly, he became more conscious of his surroundings. It was dark out, which surprised him. Glancing at the clock, he saw it was seven; he'd been asleep for three hours. His wife had her hands on his shoulders, sitting contently atop him in a baggy gray t-shirt with her hair pulled up in a haphazard ponytail with no make-up on and looking completely gorgeous.

"Hungry for dinner?" She asked.

"Yeah... actually... I'm starving." He replied his throat dry from sleep.

"Good!" Buffy purred, then ambled to her feet and held out her hand.


Angel took it, but didn't use her to support him in getting up. She led him to the dining room, where two pizza boxes sat on the table along with two place settings and a candle.

"Ta dah!" Buffy laughed.

"Looks wonderful." Angel replied, planting a kiss on her lips. "Now... if we can just *not* be interrupted by needy friends, needy mothers, and needy vampires... well that's not possible."

"Oh, I don't know..." Buffy replied, sitting in the chair Angel held out for her before taking his own seat across from her. "I turned the ringer off on every phone, told everyone not to bother us tonight and disconnected the doorbell."

Angel raised his eyebrows. "I must admit, I'm impressed. What if Xander shows up, rings the doorbell fifty times, looks in the window in the garage and sees our cars, then climbs up to our bedroom window and barges in on us?"

"There's a sign on the door that says 'Xander if you don't get the Hell away right now, I'll shove your nuts down your throat' so that shouldn't be a problem." Buffy answered.

"For real?!"

"How about a bath?" Buffy asked her husband after they finished eating.

Angel grinned eagerly. "Can I do what I did last week?"

Buffy thought about it for a second, trying to remember what they'd done. "Shave my legs? Is this your way of saying I have hairy legs?"

Angel chuckled and shook his head. "It's my way of saying I find shaving your legs incredibly sexy."

"Well, then, by all means, yes you may."

Angel picked up the candle and used it to light their way, ignoring the fact that they had electricity. They quickly stripped and got into the warm bath Buffy had run for them, on opposite ends of the tub.

Angel placed Buffy's foot on his chest and massaged shaving cream all over her legs from her knee, down. Slowly, he shaved it of all the hair, then treated the other leg to the same treatment. After he had finished shaving her, the water was growing cold, so they got out of their bath, heading straight to the warmth of their bed.

They laid on their sides for a long while. Just facing each other and kissing and touching. Angel's fingers probed Buffy's hot wet flesh as she stroked his length. As their need grew too great, Angel moved onto his back and Buffy straddled him again, sliding his length inside her. He stroked his hands from her hips up to cup her breasts, then back down her body again as they both grew slick with sweat.

When he could feel a tightening in his balls, Angel slipped his hand down to manipulate her clit, sending her body into orgasm. He soon followed, releasing his seed deep inside her.

After the both caught their breath, Angel helped Buffy off him so that she could lie on her side on the bed facing him.

"Tired?" He asked, softly stroking the side of her face.

Buffy nodded. "I get tired so easily."

"I know." He answered, kissing her lips tenderly. "If it makes you feel better, I'm tired too."

Buffy yawned, then asked before falling asleep. "How do you feel about the name Trinity if it's a girl?"

The End

 

<< back