"Shopping Hell"

Author: Pamela
Contact:
destructo-girl@cox.net

"Oh good! We're here right on time." Buffy smiled as Angel pulled into the parking lot for the mall.

"I didn't realize we were on a schedule. Remember, honey, we have no rush today. We can take all the time we need. I want you to relax."

"I know! And I plan too, Angel. It's just that I told them we'd meet them at eleven in the mall's north entrance and I don't want to make them wait."

"What are you talking about? Make who wait?"

"Oh, I forgot to tell you Xander and Cordelia were shopping with us today?"

"You didn't tell me I had to spend the day with them!" Angel whined. "I think you forgot on purpose."

"I did not!" Buffy vehemently denied, knowing perfectly well that she had not told him so that he would still agree to go with her. "Now come on, I desperately need clothes for the honeymoon." Buffy ordered as they got out of Angel's 4Runner.

Angel wrapped his arms around her and snuggled her to him. "No you don't. Trust me, you will be naked for 99% of the honeymoon."

"Oh really? You want to take me to a nude beach where any male around will see every inch of my bod?"

Angel practically growled. "Over my dead body!"

Shopping was a far far worse thing than Hell.

Actually, shopping was fine, but shopping with *Xander* was terrible.

Angel glared at the boy in the seat beside him. Xander had been babbling endlessly for the past twenty minutes. It was even more annoying then when he was insulting him. At least that was short and to the point, unlike... whatever the Hell he was talking about.

Angel sighed, what were Buffy and Cordelia doing anyway? Surely it couldn't take them that long to try on an outfit, Buffy had said that she would show him any of the "considerables." She had yet to come out.

"What are they doing?" Xander asked him.

"How should I know?" Angel replied, annoyed.

"Because you are... Mr. Sensitive... so... you should know!"

Angel was about to kill him when he heard the sound that always soothed him. Buffy's voice.

"Angel, does this make my butt look big?"

Angel looked up and saw Buffy standing in the doorway to the rest of the store from the fitting room.

Wearing a bikini... actually, it was more like some blue triangles of fabric held together with strings. And oh did she look good in it. She turned around showed him what her backside looked like.

"Buffy your butt couldn't look big if you tried." Angel reassured her.

"That's what Cordy said, but I don't know...." Buffy replied.

"Oh, come on, like *Cordelia* would lie to be nice. Besides, I looked too and I must say, you look really, really, really great." Xander told her, a goofy grin on his face until Angel reached behind him and smacked him upside the head.

Buffy smiled. "I guess I will get it. Especially if you really do like it, Angel, since it's gonna be you and me in Hawaii."

Angel couldn't help but grin as Buffy left to go try something else on. He and Buffy, on the beach, alone, with her in that bikini... the thought was so pleasurable that the next half-hour he spent giving his opinion on Buffy's outfits was painless.

"My God! Could you two get a room!" Xander exclaimed as he stood in line with Angel, Buffy, and Cordelia.

Angel and Buffy broke up their kiss and looked at the boy standing behind them. Beside Xander, Cordelia rolled her eyes at her annoying boyfriend.

Before Angel could throw an insult at Xander, it was their turn to order. After they all had their food, the four of them roamed the crowded food court for a table.

Much to Xander's chagrin, Buffy gleefully grabbed a table with only three chairs, and plopped down in Angel's lap.

Xander gave them a look of dismay. "You can't eat lunch like that!"

"Why not?" Buffy asked, popping a French fry in her mouth. "Am I too heavy?" she asked Angel.

"Not at all." Angel replied with a smile before pulling her down for a kiss.

Disgusted, Xander got up from the table and wandered about the food court.

Cordelia shrugged and started eating her salad. Buffy and Angel hardly noticed he was gone and instead started feeding each other french fries.

"Ahem." Xander said loudly, before setting the chair he had retrieved from a table that didn't need it down and pulling Buffy out of Angel's lap and into it. He smiled, despite the angry glares he received from Angel and Buffy.

Sitting back down in his spot, he unwrapped his Big Mac. "So, are you femmes almost done today?"

"Well... we haven't even started with shoes and purses.. and did you want to get any more clothes, Buffy?" Cordelia asked.

"I wanted to check out Wet Seal. Oh and let's look at baby stuff! I can buy Toby a new outfit."

"You know, you should start looking and deciding how you want to do the baby's room." Cordelia suggested.

"We can do that too. Just think, we'll pick out the style for our baby's room, Angel." Buffy smiled and kissed her fiancé.

Xander was sickened by everyone's acceptance of this... teenage pregnancy... once again.

"Want to go see a movie?" Angel asked as he walked Buffy to her door.

"And dinner? Shopping makes me hungry."

Angel grinned. "Of course, anywhere you want."

"Mexican! I feel like enchilada's!"

Angel smiled, amazed that Buffy, the woman he'd never dreamed would ever love him was actually craving Mexican food because she was carrying his child.

Life was sweet.

The End

 

<< back