"Wedding Day"

Author: Pamela
Contact:
destructo-girl@cox.net
Notes:
"I Could Not Ask For More" is Edwin McCain's song, not mine.

"I can't do this!"

"Buffy, calm down! You've never had your hair done before?" Cordelia asked as she brushed through the bride's hair.

Buffy sighed. "Not that... the wedding. I can't get married!"

Cordelia gave her a dirty look. "I got up at *seven* this morning, a *Saturday* morning. Here I am, dressed- just like Willow, mind you.."

"You guys have different style dresses. You're is short and tight, hers is long and baggy, they are both just lilac Cordy, and if they didn't know you were my maids of honor nobody would think you were dressed alike." Buffy interrupted, giving Cordelia her little speech for the third time that day.

"Whatever... The point is, if you cancel this wedding, I will bitch slap you for all the trouble I have gone through for this wedding and because you're one of my best friends and I don't want you to ruin your life until my hand hurts. And then I'll smack you for *making* my hand hurt!"

"It's just... maybe it's not meant to be... I wish we could just elope. My own father isn't going to be here!"

"It's his loss, Buffy. Don't let it ruin your big day."

"And... God, marriage is scary. I wish I had realized that before now! I mean... I'm eighteen.. do I really know who I am yet? And even if I do... am I giving part of *me* up? What if Angel changes his mind and leaves me? Then I will be divorced and a single mother! I'll be *my* mother... only before she and Giles got together."

"Chill out Buffy! Angel isn't gonna do that. He adores you so much it sometimes revolts *me*!"

Buffy felt tears spring to her eyes. "It's just that there are so many changes in my life already... and now I am in for more!"

Cordelia handed her friend a tissue before getting back to her hair. "Good thing I haven't done your make-up yet! Get it all out now Buffy, because if I see you walking down that aisle with mascara streaks, you won't have to worry about getting married, because I will kill you!"

Buffy couldn't help but laugh.

"She's going to change her mind."

"What? No way man. Buffy's not like that... she's together. And she does dig you in a major way." Oz reassured the groom, who was pacing back and forth in the small room.

"Okay... maybe not today, or tomorrow, but what about in ten years? She's so young... we don't know where life will take her. She's going to miss out on stuff because she is a wife and a mother at eighteen. What if there comes a time in the future where she hates me resents me... leaves me?"

"It'll never happen, man. I'm telling you, Buffy isn't your average teenager. She wants to be with you, and she knows all the bad stuff, but she's willing to give it up. Trust her judgement."

Angel continued to pace and sighed. "I hope you're right."

"Are we feeling better now?" Joyce asked her daughter as she sat in the chair beside her, feeding her son.

"Yeah, I think it was just a panic attack... big day and all." Buffy replied, careful not to mess Cordelia up as she applied her make-up.

"Are you sure you don't want to eat anything? We won't be eating until one o'clock, and you don't want to faint or something." Willow asked.

"If I eat now, I will get sick to my stomach... it's a bad bad idea."

"Eww! Yeah!" Cordelia agreed as she put the finishing touches of make-up on Buffy. "Done! Luckily your face isn't getting all fat yet, because then it'd have been really hard!"

Buffy smiled politely, doing her best to brush off the backhanded compliment. Glancing in the mirror, she told her friend. "Thanks Cordy... not to sound overly vain, but I look really good."

Cordelia smiled back at her, pleased with her work. "Are you all ready?"

"Well, I'm dressed and my hair and make up is done, so I guess."

"What about all that other stuff?" Willow asked. "You know, something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue?"

"I totally forgot about that!"

"Relax, this is no problem." Joyce calmed her. "You have the pearl earrings on that grandma gave me on my wedding day and I just gave you- something old. Your dress is something new, and your garter is blue... Borrow something."

"Want to borrow my anklet?" Cordelia asked, showing her the simple silver chain clasped around her ankle.

"You don't mind?" Buffy asked.

"Not at all!" The brunette replied, taking the jewelry off and handing it to the bride.

"Thank you so much." Buffy told her gratefully as she put it on.

"Well, we have half an hour until the wedding starts... looks like it's time for presents!" Willow grinned.

"Presents?" Buffy asked as her friends moved about the room, picking up wrapped boxes.

"Of course. We would have given you a wedding shower or a bachelorette party but there was no time, plus the whole getting drunk with male strippers thing can't happen since we aren't 21 and you're pregnant."

Joyce handed her daughter a small box, careful not to wake a now sleeping Toby. Buffy opened the box and found a small gold locket.

"Oh Mom, it's so pretty."

"I left it empty so you can put the baby's picture in it."

Buffy sighed happily and hugged her mother, making sure not to awaken Toby.

"Open ours now! Cordy wouldn't even tell me what we got you because I wouldn't be able to keep it a secret." Willow complained.

"You wouldn't." Buffy informed her.

"I know." Willow agreed.

Opening the first box, Buffy pulled out a mess of white lace. Holding it up, Buffy saw it was a teddy. She was holding a teddy, intended for her to wear, in front of her mother. Blushing furiously, she put it back in the box and found Willow's face matching her hair color. Her mother looked slightly amused and Cordelia was trying not to laugh.

"It's for the honeymoon." The brunette told her.

"I'm almost accepting of that." Joyce added. "Even when you are married and pregnant, you're my baby... the thought of you and sex, it's a no-no."

"And you're my mother, someone I don't want to talk with about it."

"Good!" Joyce smiled.

Cordelia handed her another box. "This covers more."

Buffy found it was another piece of lingerie, a baby doll style teddy... And completely sheer.

"Thanks." Buffy told them, still embarrassed.

"You don't have to tell us that you'll use it on the honeymoon, we know." Cordelia grinned.

"Oh no! We have to take this one back, it's got a hole in the crotch!" Willow exclaimed as she held the white teddy.

"It's supposed to, it's crotchless." Cordelia explained.

They hadn't known it was possible, but Buffy and Willow blushed even redder and Cordelia and Joyce laughed hysterically. Toby woke up with a start, screaming as loud as his tiny lungs would let him.

They girls made sure that they were completely ready for the wedding while Joyce calmed the infant. Joyce gave her daughter a hug, then headed out to the gazebo where the ceremony would be held.

A few moments later, Cordelia and Willow gathered up their bouquets and headed out to wait in the living room. The door there led to the short brick path they were to walk down to the gazebo when it was time for the ceremony.

Alone in the small room, Buffy tried to calm her nerves, reminding herself she was sure she loved Angel. He'd never leave her and the two of them would live a long and happy life.

Giles closed his eyes and inhaled the sea air deeply. The wedding was set to take place in about ten minutes. He was to go get Buffy from the room she and the other ladies had used to dress in five minutes.

And for some reason, he was incredibly nervous.

He had no idea why, it wasn't his wedding, and Buffy wasn't even his biological daughter. But emotionally, she might as well have been. He loved her tremendously; he'd do anything for her. And even if she would only be living a few minutes away, he was still giving his daughter to another man, trusting him to take care of her and make her happy.

If he didn't, he'd kill him.

He looked over the yard. Buffy and Angel had rented a house that was used solely for social affairs such as parties and weddings. There was a large living room with several doors leading to the backyard, after the wedding they would have tables with food set up to serve as a buffet. There was a brick path that led from one of the living room doors that would be used as the aisle that the wedding party would walk down. There were white chairs set up on either side of the pathway for the guests to sit. Some of them were already seated, but most of them were gathered under an awning outside the living room. The gazebo had flowers over most of it, and the minister already stood inside, awaiting the bride and groom for the ceremony.

Giles noticed his wife walking down the path, cradling their son in her arms. She walked up to him and kissed him lightly on the cheek. "Nervous?"

"Uh.. n-n-no... yes, very." He admitted.

"Don't worry, I am too. I have no idea why, but I am sure it is normal." She laughed, then sighed sadly. "Our little girl is going to be a wife! Oh boy, if *this* is hard, I hate to see us when we're grandparents in five months."

Giles grew even paler. Another birth. The last one was the scariest thing he'd ever faced.

As he helped his wife into her seat and headed on his way to fetch the bride, one thought filled his mind.

Buffy would be the death of him.

"Angel, ready to go?" Oz asked quietly. "The wedding is supposed to start in five minutes."

Angel nodded and headed to the door.

Oz patted his back comfortingly and told him. "Calm down, Angel, you look even more pale than when you were a vampire."

"I know, it's just... I'm getting *married*!"

Oz nodded. "Yeah, but, to Buffy and you love Buffy."

Angel smiled. "Yeah... I love her, and now I get to marry her."

"There you go. Now let's go so you will be waiting for her when she and Bookman walk down the aisle."

The two men walked through the house; Angel paused a second outside the door to the room Buffy was in, wanting to see her more than anything, before he continued to follow Oz outside.

Right before they walked through the door to the backyard, they saw Willow and Cordelia waiting for the wedding to start. They both grinned and waved.

"You better get out there, Giles just went to get Buffy." Cordelia told him.

Angel felt like he wasn't in his own body anymore, the whole situation was so surreal. He numbly followed Oz down the aisle towards the gazebo, hardly noticing the people sitting in the chairs. He really didn't know most of them anyway. Buffy had several friends from school and a few people from the Joyce's gallery had come as well.

They took their positions by the gazebo, the minister nodding to them with a knowing smile. He remembered the nervousness he'd felt when he'd married his wife twenty years earlier as if it were yesterday. Glancing around, Angel saw Joyce sitting next to an empty chair, presumably for Giles, with Toby sleeping in her lap and her parents seated on the other side of her. The three of them all smiled excitedly at him. He saw that on the other side of the aisle sat Xander, whom all had agreed would not make a good part of the wedding party, since he objected to the wedding and the groom hated him. Angel recognized a couple of Buffy's friends from school sat beside him. One was a girl Angel remembered Buffy telling him turned her into a rat.

Angel's quiet assessment of the ceremony was nullified when the minister cleared his throat, having received a signal that the wedding was about to start.

Buffy sat alone in the room, taking deep breaths to avoid a panic attack. She kept reminding herself that getting married was *not* a bad thing. She was beginning her life with Angel!

And she was terrified.

There was a knock at the door and Buffy forced herself to get it together. "Come in."

The door opened and Giles walked in, a small smile on his face. "It's time... Oh, you look magnificent!" He sighed as he took in her appearance. She had on a white silk dress with an empire waist. It fell to right above her knees, making her appear elegant yet simple. Cordelia had curled Buffy's hair into tight ringlets, but, being pregnant, it wasn't holding as well as usual, but it was still curled in loose ringlets. It had been pulled back into a half ponytail and held with a simple silver barrette. She'd pulled a few ringlets loose to frame her face, and she'd placed some small flowers in her hair.

Giles had never seen her look more breathtaking.

She smiled shyly. "Thank you."

"Angel is a lucky man."

"I'm a lucky girl. Not only do I get him, but also I get you. You're a pretty great father."

Giles smiled proudly and held out his arm. "Shall we?"

Buffy laughed and picked up her bouquet before taking his arm. "We shall."

As the music started, cueing them, Willow began walking down the aisle, nervous as Hell. All eyes were on her and she was terrified she'd trip or rip her dress or something equally embarrassing.

Cordelia stepped out a moment later, cool as a cucumber. She was used to- and thrived on- being the center of attention. She held her head high and strutted down the aisle like she owned it.

And then Buffy and Giles stepped out. It was a heartwarming picture, the young bride, so excited yet scared, and clinging to the arm of her father as he led her to the man she would marry. Joyce made sure the photographer she'd insisted on having took as many pictures of that as possible.

Angel couldn't breathe. She was the angelic one. In a few moments, the beautiful creature walking towards him would be his wife. He was amazed at his luck.

Buffy found a measure of strength when she first saw Angel, looking gorgeous in his tux, waiting for her by the gazebo, waiting to marry her. She was amazed that all of a sudden, after being engaged for *seven* months, today she finally realized she was going to be married.

They reached the gazebo and Giles gave her hand a squeeze, gave Angel a nod, then sat down with his wife who had given her father the baby because she and Mary were already crying.

Buffy handed her bouquet to Cordelia, then turned and held hands with Angel.

"We gather together to unite Angel and Buffy in marriage. This celebration is but the outward sign of an inward union of hearts, mind, and spirits. God created us male and female and gave us marriage. In marriage husband and wife are called to a new way of life. To live faithfully together in plenty and in want, in joy and in sorrow, in sickness and in health." The minister recited as he began the ceremony.

"Love is always patient and kind, it is never jealous, love is never boastful or conceited, it is never rude or selfish, it does not take offense, and is not resentful. Love takes no pleasures in other people's sins but delights in the truth, it is always ready to excuse, to trust, to hope, and to endure whatever comes. Love does not come to an end."

Buffy had to force herself to try and pay attention. She was losing herself in Angel's eyes. She felt an overwhelming desire for the wedding to be over; she just wanted to be in Angel's arms.

"Is there anyone present today that does not see fit for these two people to be together?"

Half of the people present turned and glared at Xander, who rolled his eyes as though it was something he would *never* do. And he wouldn't. Not when he saw Cordelia give him the "try it and I'll castrate you" look.

Relieved that Xander wasn't going to cause a scene, Buffy realized it was already time for them to speak.

"Angel, do you take Buffy, whom you now hold by the hand to be your lawful wedded wife?"

"I do." He replied, smiling at his wife-to-be.

"Do you promise to love and cherish her, in sickness and in health, for richer for poorer, for better for worse, and forsaking all others, keep yourself only unto her, for so long as you both shall live?"

"I do." He repeated.

"Buffy, do you take Angel, whom you now hold by the hand to be your lawful wedded husband?"

"I do." Buffy replied.

"Do you promise to love and cherish him, in sickness and in health, for richer for poorer, for better for worse, and forsaking all others, keep yourself only unto him, for so long as you both shall live?"

"I do." Buffy smiled, she was extremely close to being married.

"Buffy, you may now place the ring on Angel's finger."

Buffy turned and got Angel's ring from Willow. Placing it on his finger she recited. "With this ring, I thee wed."

"And Angel..." The minister prompted.

Oz handed him the gold band for Buffy.

"With this ring, I thee wed." He said as he slid it on her finger.

"By the authority vested in me by the State of California, witnessed by your friends and family, I have the pleasure to pronounce you husband and wife." The minister announced with a grin. "You may seal your vows with a kiss."

Grinning, the bride and groom wrapped their arms around each other and kissed deeply. Their first kiss as a married couple.

Buffy quickly sat at the table next to Giles, who was amusing himself while eating by watching everyone else interact. Buffy certainly had the strangest friends.

Setting her plate on the table, Buffy turned in her chair and glanced around. Turning back around to face Giles, she smiled. "Safe."

"Safe?"

"Yeah; Grandpa has Angel cornered, and Mom and Grandma are fawning over Toby... So the four people who pester me most about being on my feet, or eating right, or whatever... are occupied." She explained.

"Oh." Giles replied, nodding. Looking down at her plate he saw some salad and a fair sized scoop of the pasta dish. "Well, if they do catch you, I think they'll be pleased with your choices."

Buffy shook her head. "I can never eat enough to please them."

"So, do you feel different now?"

"Not really... I don't think it's sunk in yet, you know?"

"Oh, yes, indeed. Waking up with a hangover and a vague recollection of eloping is not the way for it to 'sink in', though. I speak from experience."

"I'll just take your word for that." Buffy replied with a smile.

"Buffy is that *all* you're eating?" Joyce asked as she walked over to the table, Toby gurgling in her arms.

Buffy gave Giles an "I told you so" look.

"Darling, she's eating plenty. Also, don't forget, she's going to eat cake later." Giles reasoned with his wife.

"Yeah, and on the plane, I'll be stuck in my seat with Angel next to me and I'm sure he'll make me eat every bite of the lovely meal I'll get on there."

Joyce smiled, appeased. "Good. You have to start eating more Honey. You're not just feeding you, you're eating for two."

Buffy shook her head in wonder. "I can't believe you just said that to me."

"As soon as you finish eating, I think we should have the DJ cue the music, Buffy. Poor Angel's cornered by both my parents now." Joyce smiled.

Buffy looked over and saw he was indeed backed into a corner by her grandparents who were very intently asking questions... And Angel looked green. "Mom, make them leave him alone!"

"Fine." Joyce sighed, handing Buffy her brother before heading over to her parents.

Buffy happily snuggled her brother up against her chest. He soon fell asleep, his soft warm breath tickling her neck. "I'm going to miss him." She frowned.

"Buffy, you'll only be gone a week!"

"So... I'm attached! Never had a brother before."

"Well, if it makes you feel better, I am sure your mother and I will be more than happy to let you baby-sit when you get home."

"Promise?"

"Of course."

"Hey sweetie." Angel said softly as he took the seat on the other side of Buffy and kissed her on the cheek.

"Hi." Buffy grinned back at him as her mother and grandparents soon all sat at the table as well.

"Oh!" Mary sighed, wiping a tear from her eye and snapping a picture of the newlyweds. When Buffy rolled her eyes, the elderly woman pointed a scolding finger at her. "You are not to old to be spanked."

"Are you ready?" Angel smiled, holding his hand out to his wife.

Buffy returned the smile as she took his hand and let him lead her to the dance floor so they could have their first dance as husband and wife.

Lying here with you
listening to the rain.
Smiling just to see
the smile upon your face.

Buffy wrapped her arms around his neck as he moved his around her waist. Smiling peacefully, she lay her head against his chest, closing her eyes. She was dancing with her husband. Her *husband*.

These are the moments
I thank God that I'm alive.
These are the moments
I'll remember all my life.
I found all I've waited for,
and I could not ask for more.

Angel relished in the feeling of having his beloved in his arms. His beloved wife. Angel was amazed when he realized that in less than a year he'd become human again, been graced with Buffy's love, blessed with her wanting to marry him... and now, here he was, married to her, and she was going to have his baby.

Looking in your eyes,
seeing all I need.
Everything you are
is everything to me.

Joyce placed Toby in his carrier, letting him sleep more peacefully and her watch her daughter dance with her new husband. Smiling proudly, she leaned in her seat so she could lay her head on her husband's shoulder. She could remember as though it were yesterday, she could remember when Buffy herself was Toby's age... and here she was, married and expecting a baby of her own. Time really did fly.

These are the moments
I know heaven must exist.
These are the moments
I know all I need is this.
I have all I've waited for
and I could not ask for more.

"Are you remembering when you danced with her at Sophie's wedding?" Mary smiled at her husband.

Truman simply nodded images of a much smaller Buffy wearing a ruffled pink dress as he spun around the dance floor with her in his arms. She'd been the flower girl in Mary's niece's wedding, only two, always laughing and her eyes sparkling. He couldn't believe she was all grown up. Where had the time gone?

I could not ask for more than this time together.
I could not ask for more than this time with you.
Every prayer has been answered.
Every dream I have's come true.
And right here in this moment
is right where I'm meant to be.
Here with you here with me.

Angel wondered how long it would be before they could leave. He tried to remember the schedule Joyce had told him. He believed after he danced with Buffy, she'd dance with Giles and he'd dance with Joyce, then everyone else would dance for a while before they cut the cake. After everyone had cake, Buffy would throw her bouquet and he'd toss her garter, they'd change and leave.... that seemed like ages away.

These are the moments I thank God that I'm alive.
These are the moments I'll remember all my life.
I've got all I've waited for
and I could not ask for more.

"Angel... we're married!" Buffy exclaimed.

"I know *exactly* what you mean." He grinned.

"I just can't imagine ever saying that you are my husband and not finding that totally exciting."

"Well I can promise you that I will *always* be able to feel a rush of pride and amazement when I tell people you're my wife."

"Oh, I love you!" She smiled, kissing him.

"Good thing you married me, huh?" He grinned.

I could not ask for more than this time together.
I could not ask for more than this time with you.
Every prayer has been answered.
Every dream I have's come true.
And right here in this moment
is right where I'm meant to be.
Here with you here with me.

"What time is it?" She asked.

"About one-thirty." He replied.

"Just think, in an hour and a half, we'll be out of here. In three hours our commuter flight will have already reached LA, and in nine hours we'll be checking into our hotel in Hawaii."

"At ten-thirty at night?" He asked, wrinkling his nose. "That's not nearly enough hours until daybreak."

Laughing, Buffy replied. "Well, with the time difference, it's only seven-thirty."

"That'll help." He replied, stealing a kiss.

I could not ask for more than the love you give me
'Coz it's all I've waited for...
and I could not ask for more.
I could not ask for more.

"Buffy, please, I am *begging*!"

"Xander, shut up."

"Buf-fy!" He whined.

Buffy gave him one dirty look before proceeding to the table that held the wedding cake.

Grasping his chest, Xander followed. "Buffy, do you realize that if you just smashed the cake in his face, such a simple act, it would bring me *immense* joy? And do you also realize that couples smash the cake in each other's faces all the time. If you don't do it, Angel might think you don't love him."

Buffy continued to ignore him as she moved next to Angel. Smiling at each other, they took the knife and sliced the cake together. After they had cut themselves a piece, they each plucked a bit off and gently fed each other, then kissed lovingly.

Xander shook his head in disgust. "They are so gross!"

"Buffy, I think you're glowing!" Willow grinned as she and Cordelia sat with the bride and ate cake.

"I'm just... I think it's a bunch of stuff really. I mean, ever since Toby was born I've been running around, doing this or that, so I'm being happy that he's here. And of course, that I'm married. And that I'm having a baby, because now everyone knows, so I don't have to worry about how so-and-so will react. The wedding is all... done really. I have no more work to do. Now I can just look forward to a week in Hawaii with Angel." Buffy grinned.

Cordelia wrinkled her nose. "Hate you."

"Thanks."

"And, we're helping your mom take all the gifts and stuff back to her house, right?" Willow asked.

Buffy nodded. "And then when we get back, Angel and I will go pick it all up, and Snaggletooth."

"Hey, you know, pretty soon you are going to need maternity clothes. You and I should go to some boutiques in LA, even if you aren't big enough, they have pillow things you can use when you try stuff on so you'll know what you'll look like all huge." Cordelia suggested.

Buffy pretended to glare.

"I feel tingly now." Cordelia replied with a smile.

"Buffy! It's time for you to throw your bouquet!" Joyce called to her daughter.

Cordelia squealed and jumped up. "I got that sucker, I swear!"

Buffy and Willow shared a surprised look before getting up as well. Joyce had organized all the single women into one area, with Cordelia scheming to be sure to have the best spot. Buffy picked up her bouquet and assumed her position.

"Honey, don't forget: restrain." Angel coached with an amused look on his face as he stood next to Giles. "You don't want to knock anyone out with that thing."

"Very funny sweetheart." Buffy replied, rolling her eyes before she tossed the bouquet over her head and turned to see who caught it.

"ME!" Cordelia screamed, stretching her arm in front of Willow's face. Seeing no other way, she physically slammed into the redhead, pushing her into Amy, and thereby allowing Cordelia to catch the bouquet, but tripping over the other two girls who lay in a heap on the floor.

As the three of them struggled to get back up, the entire room laughed hysterically. Buffy had to physically hold onto Angel so she wouldn't fall over herself. Once she was up, Cordelia ignored the laughter and hopped around, waving the bouquet proudly over her head.

As soon as he stopped laughing, Xander raised his hand as though he were in school. "Is it time for Buffy's garter now? I think you should do something special, Buff, maybe a little strip tease?"

When he received glares from the bride, groom, and his girlfriend, he shrugged. "It was just an idea."

Buffy sat in a chair, blushing when the guys hooted as Angel knelt in front of her. He blushed as well when he slid his hand up her thigh and found the lacy garter. Why, oh why did her stepfather and grandfather have to be there? He slid it down her leg and off her foot. Doing the best he could with his back turned, he shot the garter in the direction of the bachelors.

It landed in the lap of Oz, who sat unenthusiastic as ever in a chair beside the guys standing and trying to catch the garter. As he held the article up and looked at it strangely. Shaking his head at the irony, he gave the cameraman a truly "Oz" look as he snapped his picture.

"Come on, Buffy.... you know you want to!" Cordelia teased.

Buffy gave her a look. "Cordelia I don't want to wear a crotchless teddy for a forty-five minute flight to LAX, then on a five hour flight to Hawaii, then all through that airport, when I could just as easily change into it once we get to the hotel."

"Yeah, but what about fun on the plane?" The brunette grinned.

"We already did that when we went to New York. Back when I wasn't pregnant. Back when I hadn't spent months planning a wedding and getting ready for a baby brother. I'm too tired."

"Party pooper." Cordelia replied, placing the teddy in Buffy's suitcase.

"How do I look?" The bride asked, spinning around in her white sundress.

"Great." Willow smiled as she helped pack up all the beauty products they'd used that morning.

"Are we all done ladies?" Joyce asked as she stuck her head in. The girls looked around and saw nothing left, so they nodded and walked out the door.

As soon as they got back out into the living room, Buffy was enveloped in a tight hug by her grandmother. With tears streaming down her face, Mary embraced her tightly, with proclamations of how much she'd miss her.

"Don't cry, Grandma, come on. You'll come back to visit for Christmas. The baby will be here then." Buffy reassured her as Truman and Giles shook hands with Angel. Joyce took her turn to hug her daughter, then burst into tears as well. "Mom, why are *you* crying? You'll be here when we get back, in a *week*!"

"Shut up Buffy." Joyce replied as she wiped her nose.

Buffy rolled her eyes and hugged her grandfather, who made her once again promise to call him right away if Angel did anything to upset her. As she and Giles hugged, with Giles reassuring her that he'd take care of everyone, Joyce and Mary besieged Angel. He never realized that they had such death grips, and was left to wonder if Buffy really gained all her strength from her slayerdom, or if some came from her family.

Before he knew it, his wife was grabbing his hand and gently tugging him out the door with and excited smile on her face. They bounded towards the limo with everyone throwing birdseed at them for the sake of tradition.

The wedding party stood outside waving until they could no longer see the vehicle, not even the sign attached to the back, along with the soda cans and streamers.

Just Married.

The End

 

<< back