"Facing the Consequences"

Author: Pamela
Contact:
destructo-girl@cox.net

"She what?"

"She knocked me out!"

"Hank, you really believe your daughter attacked you?" Joyce asked her ex-husband incredulously as she stood beside his hospital bed.

"Well, I didn't *hallucinate* it, Joyce!"

"Why did you tell the police that you didn't know who attacked you? They said they thought it was a botched burglary."

"Well, I wasn't going to get Buffy in trouble!"

"Hank, you honestly believe she's flipped out so much that she is violently attacking people she loves, but you don't want to get her in trouble?!"

"It's not her fault! It's his!"

"His?"

"Yes, Joyce." Hank replied, taking a deep breath before sadly adding. "Our baby girl has been caught by an evil man. He's… probably 25… he took advantage of her naivetes... And he tricked her into hurting me. She's been brainwashed. You know, she believes that she'll die without him or something, so she'll do anything for him. Poor Buffy."

Joyce frowned. She couldn't see her daughter getting caught up with any fellow like this. She had a good head on her shoulders. "What's his name?"

"Angelus." He replied, his voice full of contempt.

"Are you *sure* you have no idea what's going on?" Xander asked Giles as they rushed up the walkway to Buffy's father's house.

"I've told you a dozen times, Xander. All Mrs. Summers said was that Buffy needed our help. She was quite upset, it's all I could get out of her." Giles sighed as they reached the front door and rang the bell.

A very tired looking Joyce Summers answered the door. "Oh thank God! I had no idea what else to do but call you! You have to help me find Buffy!"

"We will." Giles reassured her as he and Xander walked in the house. "Why don't we sit down so you can tell us the whole story?"

"Okay." Joyce nodded, leading them to the living room. "Where's Willow?"

"She went to some summer computer camp." Xander told her.

"Oh." Joyce said absently as she sat down.

"Okay, why don't you start at the beginning?" Giles urged.

"Yes… well, I came down here yesterday because my ex-husband is in the hospital. He was… attacked and knocked out with a paperweight in his office the night before last. As you know, Buffy was… is… here on her summer vacation with him. Um... Okay… I guess I need to go back to a few weeks ago." Joyce explained, her mind a jumble of thoughts. "Hank said that Buffy was really having a good time. She'd been spending a lot of time with Cordelia and she seemed genuinely happy. And then, one night he went in her bedroom and found her in bed with… a man… he was too old for her, Hank said. He was furious and sent the man away, forbidding Buffy to see him."

Giles and Xander shared shocked looks. For Buffy to engage in sexual relations with some man was… totally out of character for her.

"Well, apparently, they kept seeing each other, despite Hank's best efforts to keep them apart. He brought Buffy with him to work the other night… the night of the attack… and he caught them in a conference room."

"Buffy… and this man?" Giles asked.

Joyce nodded. "And they all started arguing.. Hank lost it and was about to stab the guy when *Buffy* hit him with the paperweight. They called 911 and left... God knows where. And now I don't know where my baby is."

"This just... Doesn't sound like Buffy at all." Xander told them in amazement.

"No… it doesn't." Giles agreed, shaking his head. "Buffy... loves Angel immensely… I can't imagine her developing these feelings for another man so soon."

"Well… she didn't exactly." Joyce told them, biting her lip.

At their questioning stares, she explained. "Hank says his name is Angelus."

Giles and Xander sat in silence in the dining room. Joyce had pulled herself together and decided to make them dinner while the three of them tried to figure out where Buffy was. Hank had sustained a severe concussion when Buffy had hit him, and wouldn't be released from the hospital until the next day.

"I don't understand… Buffy wouldn't.. sleep with Angel, would she? I mean, they both know the risks and I just can't see them being so reckless… as much as it kills me to admit that." Xander said.

Giles shook his head. "I feel like we must be missing something here."

"Do you suppose we should call Cordelia?" Joyce interjected as she walked back in the room.

The two males looked up. How could they have not thought of something so obvious?

"Oooooh…" Buffy moaned as she slid down onto Angelus' erection. From behind her in the bathtub, Angelus echoed her sentiments. He wrapped his arms around her, gently squeezing her breasts as she gingerly slid up and down in the warm water.

Angelus moved his mouth to her shoulder, kissing her skin softly as he moved towards her neck, where he darted his tongue out and licked her before gently nipping the soft skin.

Giggling, Buffy teased. "Hey… you shouldn't do that…"

"Are you going to stake me?" Angelus joked as he thrust harder into her.

Buffy groaned. "Nah... I like it better when *you* stake *me*."

He slid his hands down to her hips, helping to lift her up and down more forcefully onto him. Buffy placed her hands on either side of the tub to try and gain some leverage to help with the effort.

Not satisfied with their current positions, Buffy rose in the tub, despite Angelus' ardent protests. Turning around, she swiftly sat back down in his lap, this time facing him.

"Okay… I can live with this." Angelus smiled before moving his mouth to one of her hardened nipples. He moved his hands around her to pull her closer to him as he suckled one nipple and then the other.

Buffy moaned from the pleasurable sensations as she gripped his short dark hair. Skillfully, she guided her lower body back onto his erection, causing them both to groan as he was once again encased in her moist heat. Angelus lightly scratched his nails over her back as she began sliding herself up and down on him in an increasing pace.

He began placing soft kisses along her jaw, slow and leisurely, as their lower bodies moved faster and faster. Buffy turned her head down to kiss him on the lips, slipping her tongue in his mouth and relishing the electricity she felt as they touched.

Finding that the water hindered their movement, Angelus stood in the tub, still inside Buffy, and moved her back against the wall. He began pounding as fast as he could into her writhing body.

"Oh, Angelus, yessss..." She hissed as he nipped her shoulder and slammed into her, his pelvic bone teasing her clit.

Feeling his own climax near, Angelus slipped his hand between them and manipulated her sensitive nubbin. Buffy squeezed him between her thighs as she came. Her spasming muscles tightening on his length triggered his own release. He spilled himself deep inside her and leaned against the wall, as Buffy wrapped her arms and legs around him, catching her breath.

When he'd calmed, he stepped out of the tub, Buffy still wrapped around him, and carried her to the bedroom. He collapsed on the bed on his back, with a laughing Buffy on top. They began to kiss, readying for another round of lovemaking, when someone began to pound on the door.

Groaning, Buffy sat up to answer the door. Angelus gently grabbed her wrist and kissed it, then kissed his way up her arm as he pulled the nonresisting Buffy back down.

"Ignore them and they'll go away." He murmured.

Buffy laughed softly. "Okay."

"BUFFY! I know you're in there, open up!" Cordelia shouted as she continued to pound on the door.

"I have to answer it." Buffy sighed as she climbed out of the bed and grabbed a velvet shirt of his. She buttoned it as she rushed through the apartment to the door.

"Figures." Cordelia sighed as she rolled her eyes and walked through the door. "You have to get dressed and come back to my place, now."

"Why?" Buffy frowned.

"Yeah, why?" Angelus practically growled as he stood in the hallway clad only in leather pants.

"Because, just now, when I was getting off the elevator to go to my apartment, I saw your mother, Giles, and Xander knocking on my door. And since we agreed things would go best if we acted like you were staying with me... I figured you should be seen coming home with me." Cordelia explained as she flopped onto the couch.

"When did we agree this?" Angelus asked, annoyed, as Buffy groaned and marched back to the bedroom.

"Cordy and I did, right after I knocked my dad out." Buffy explained as she shut the bedroom door and looked through her clothes that were hanging in the closet for a suitable outfit. She had half her wardrobe at Angelus' and half at Cordelia's.

"Well, I don't think it sounds like a good idea! What, are you not going to tell them about us?" Angelus argued.

"That was the idea." Buffy replied absently, trying to decide between her pink sundress and her gray pantsuit.

"Buffy this is a stupid idea!" Angelus growled, yanking the clothes away and making her look at him. "You want us to try and hide our relationship forever? We can't live like that!"

Buffy tenderly touched the side of his face. "Not forever, Honey… I just… I mean, if I march up to them with you in tow and tell them that you are soulless and admit to *knocking* my father out with a paperweight.... things will not go well. But I swear to you, I am going to go see them and I am going to tell them the entire story. Including that you are Angelus, my soulless boyfriend that I love with all my heart."

Angelus turned his head and kissed the palm of her hand. "I promise that I will be on my best behavior."

"Angelus, no! Besides, it's daylight out still."

"Damn it, Buffy! When are you going to see you can't make everybody happy? When they find out about us they will be *pissed*! Just because I am not there does not mean you can say you and I are together and talk to them calmly and rationally until they are happy we're together. It ain't gonna happen Babe. Accept reality!"

Buffy sighed in frustration. "Just let me try it my way. It can't hurt if you are absentee for the big blow-up. I'm sure we can have a "Very Special Angelus-Included" blow-up at another date!"

Angelus raised both hands in the air in annoyance. Turning away from her, he stormed out of the bedroom and flopped down on the couch, glowering at the pages of an old book he'd been reading while his girlfriend finished dressing.

As soon as she was ready, Buffy rushed out of the bedroom, glancing at her boyfriend and finding him studiously ignoring her, she and Cordelia left the apartment in silence.

"I'm so nervous."

"Me too. Why am *I* nervous? I'm not the one who has to fess up to boinking the guy who terrorized everyone for months." Cordelia replied as the two girls stood in the elevator as it ascended towards Cordelia's apartment.

"Hey, maybe they'll be gone. You were here, what, or half an hour ago? It's not like they have nothing better to do than wait outside your apartment." Buffy reasoned.

"Buffy, I can tell you, they *don't* have anything better to do than wait outside my apartment for you all day."

The elevator doors opened on Cordelia's floor. The brunette walked out the doors, sighed, and pulled her friend with her.

Buffy took a deep breath and tried to get it together as they walked down the hallway and turned.

And saw Giles, Joyce and Xander standing outside Cordelia's apartment.

The girls tried to feign a look of surprise, but it was needless. As soon as she saw her daughter, Joyce ran over to her and encompassed her in a tight hug. "Oh my baby, you're all right! I was so worried!"

"Sorry, Mom. I just kind of freaked… I should have called you."

"Yes, you should have! And as soon as I get over my relief I will be very angry! To think I made poor Mr. Giles and Xander come all the way down here from Sunnydale because I had no idea if you were okay!"

Cordelia managed to usher everyone into her apartment so they wouldn't give her neighbors any more of a show. Once they were settled in the living room, Giles decided to ask Buffy what he and Xander had been dying to know.

"Buffy, your mother says that your father told her you have a new boyfriend… named Angelus?"

Buffy nodded. "But… not new."

"Angel." Xander replied, his voice full of disgust.

"Well.. sort of.." Buffy tried to explain.

"What do you mean?" Giles asked.

Seeing that her friend wasn't going to spit it out any time soon, Cordelia decided to help. "Buffy and Angel ran into each other at a club… okay, I tried to be nice and make them run into each other… anyway, you guys know how hormonal those two are, they screwed, he lost his soul and Buffy is still screwing him. Long story short."

Buffy closed her eyes. Why did Cordelia have to help?

"Let me get this straight; he has no soul and you *know* this and you're sleeping with him anyway?!" Xander shouted, standing up.

"Oh, it figures you'd freak out over this!" Cordelia shouted back at him.

Ignoring them, Giles shook his head in dismay. "I cannot condone this. Buffy, have you lost your mind? Have you forgotten the things he said to you, did to you?"

"Giles." Buffy sighed, not knowing what to say.

"I know you always forgive those that hurt you… but what about me? He tortured *me* Buffy! It was him, exactly him. He is the demon that hurt me for hours on end. He killed Jenny. How dare you?! How could you be so selfish?"

Buffy couldn't do anything but cry. "Please, Giles."

"Please, what? Please just agree to let you… *fuck* this demon because it's fun for you? Please ignore the nightmare he made my life for all those months?"

Buffy put her head in her hands. "I'm too tired for this."

"Well you obviously need to hear it!" Giles told her as he rose from his seat on the couch and began to pace.

"Now, if we are all angry here, will that really solve anything?" Joyce asked in a calm voice.

"You know what? Maybe the reason I am tired of it is because for the past three years I've put everyone else first! Maybe for once I want to be with the person that I want to be with! I don't want to settle! I love him, and I know it makes no sense but I don't care. Things change, Giles. He's changed. Yes, he has no soul, but he doesn't kill anybody anymore. And maybe I'm being extremely selfish, but everyone else gets to, why can't I?"

Buffy's outburst managed to stun everyone into silence. Deciding she couldn't be around anyone, she picked up her purse and stormed out the door.

She wandered the streets for hours, having nowhere to go. She sure as hell didn't want to face everyone in Cordelia's apartment, and Angelus… she'd probably just lost some of the few friends she had in the world because she loved Angelus, even though he'd probably never speak to her again.

Finally, her legs began to hurt too much so she plopped down on the curb. She placed her forehead on her knees and let the tears fall free.

Buffy was unaware of how long she sat there; the outside world seemed to fade around her. She didn't even notice when a car stopped right in front of her. When the driver got out and gingerly touched her shoulder, she gasped.

"Let's go home." Angelus said softly, helping her up and into the passenger seat of his car.

Buffy moved mechanically, momentarily stunned. She hadn't expected to see him ever again.

After driving in silence for several moments, Buffy tried to speak. "Angelus, I'm sorry about earlier… I hate that you felt I was leaving you out… I was just trying to avoid a violent confrontation. As it is… I don't think they'll ever speak to me again."

"Buffy you and I are supposed to be... you and I… and not just when it's convenient. Yes, it may not be the... prettiest situation for the both of us to confront your friends… but we are a couple so we need to deal with these sorts of situations as a couple."

Immediately tears spilled from the corners of Buffy's eyes and she inwardly cursed herself for becoming a whimpering little female so suddenly. "You're absolutely right... and if they ever do speak to me again… you'll be with me."

Satisfied, Angelus nodded and reached over to grab her hand, bringing it to his lips and kissing it. Buffy's heart swelled. She needed love now, more than ever. It seemed as though everyone else she cared about despised her.

As soon as they were in the door, she was all over him, her arms wrapped around his neck, placing kisses all over his face and neck. She needed his touch, she needed comfort. She needed his love.

Angelus lifted her willing body and carried her to the bedroom. Dropping her unceremoniously on the bed, he unbuttoned his shirt. When she had left that afternoon, he'd felt such agony. He loved her so much. And it scared the shit out of him. He was Angelus… one of the most feared vampires on the face of the earth… and without this teenage girl he was rendered a lovesick moron.

With an desperate urge to relieve himself of the love he felt for this girl, he pulled his shirt off, followed quickly by his pants and boots. Nude, he climbed onto the bed, where Buffy had pulled off her dress, and was clad only in her white lacy bra and panties, a gleam in her eyes at the expected night of lovemaking with the man she loved more than reason.

When he climbed up her body to straddle her shoulders, he saw uncertainty flash in her eyes. This was not what she had planned. Angelus ignored it. He stroked his hardened length, rubbing the head against her lips. Conceding, she opened her mouth and allowed him to slip himself inside.

She tried to enjoy it as he slowly fucked her mouth, but she just couldn't. It didn't feel right. The look in his eyes was different. He began to slide in and out of her mouth faster and harder, ignoring her need to breathe as he grunted in pleasure.

Buffy started to gag, but Angelus didn't seem to care. She felt like she was just an object he was using to get off. Gone was the tender man who loved her and paid careful attention to her pleasure that she'd been with mere hours earlier.

Perhaps she really had lost him. Maybe when she'd walked out… he'd stopped loving her. She had no one left. Her friends and family hated her for betraying them with this man. This man that now only wanted her to be his sex toy.

She started crying as Angel began thrusting harder into her mouth and moaning. He looked down and saw her sobbing as he heartlessly shoved his cock down her throat. It broke his heart to see her hurting so much. He shook his head, damning his heart for betraying him. Why couldn't he defile her? Why couldn't he use and abuse her, he knew that she'd take it. He could keep her here, as his little pet, for a long while before she'd grow tired of it and leave. Hell, she might never!

Yet, he couldn't continue. He pulled out of her mouth and swore. "Damn you!"

He flopped down on the bed next to her as she curled into a ball and sobbed. He just wanted her to shut up because the more she cried the more pitiful she seemed and the more he wanted to pull her into his arms and beg her forgiveness. He felt another burst of anger at himself, but took it out on her. He shoved her out of the bed.

"Go sleep on the couch. I'm never going to get any sleep if you keep whimpering all night."

"I'm leaving." Buffy cried from her spot on the floor.

"Oh, and where will you be going, Buffy? Remember, you and your friends aren't getting along right now… are you just going to wander the streets all night?" he taunted, inwardly praying that she wouldn't leave. He knew that if she did, he'd be rendered a lovesick fool and chase her around like he hated.

It worked.

She huddled on the floor, weeping as silently as she could. Angelus hated her. Giles hated her. She'd lost them all.

Not wanting to feel his eyes bore into her so full of hatred, she stood on shaky legs and stumbled out of the room.

Angelus took a measure of relief in the fact that her dress still lay on the floor. She might be distraught but she wouldn't leave in just her underwear. Yet still, he sat completely still, listening for the sound of the apartment door closing, but heard nothing. He had no idea how long he lay there, waiting, but he woke up a few minutes before sunrise in that same position. He glanced at the floor and saw her dress still there, but knew she could have crept in and gotten something out of the closet or the dresser.

Deciding the bite the bullet and just check, he pulled on a pair of baggy pants and walked out of the bedroom. He felt a pang in his chest, despite the fact that his heart was dead, as he saw her curled up, asleep, on the couch. She was shivering from the lack of clothing and a blanket. Sighing in disgust with himself, he went back to the bedroom and retrieved a blanket he knew she loved, covered her body with it, and snuck a kiss on her cheek before heading back to bed.

Angelus awoke in the middle of the afternoon, and felt panic arise in his chest. The dress was gone. She'd been in the room. He got up and walked as casually as he could out of the room. If he did breathe, he'd have released a huge sigh of relief when he saw her sitting on the couch, staring desolately off into space. She didn't even appear to notice he'd entered the room.

"What the Hell is your problem?" he asked dully.

She turned and looked at him, cocking her head to the side with interest. "Good question... I've been wondering that myself. What am I doing here? You hate me… why stay?"

"You don't have anywhere else to go." He replied, with as much disinterest in his voice as he could muster.

Buffy shrugged. "I managed to do it last year. I took care of myself. I can do it again."

"You're leaving?"

Buffy nodded. "Now… I guess. I just… I felt like I owed it to you to not just leave without saying anything… I guess that's silly, huh? You probably don't even care."

"I care.." Angelus replied, warring inside himself to not break down like he felt he was about to do. "I'm glad I'll get you out of my hair now."

Buffy nodded numbly, standing up and picking up her duffel. She wanted more than anything to run over to him and throw her arms around him, and beg him to love her again, but she knew it'd be fruitless, so she should just leave with whatever pride she had left.

She looked into his eyes, trying to find any evidence that he might still love her. She had to wonder why he'd pulled back the night before. Not seeing anything but anger, she turned and headed to the door. As she placed her hand on the doorknob, a strangled voice halted her.

"Don't go."

She turned and looked at him, surprise etched on her face. "What?"

Angelus averted her eyes. "I'd just… I like it better when you're here."

Buffy felt her heart beat faster as she became filled with hope. However, there was still that tiny part of her that nagged he might only want her to fulfill his sexual desires, and she refused to simply be that. "Why?"

Angelus sighed, then looked her dead in the eye, this time not covering his emotions, he let her see how he honestly felt. And then he told her. "I love you."

Buffy dropped the bag and ran over to him, hugging him tightly to her and relishing in the feel of his strong arms around her. It was all she'd wanted all night and now she finally had it. "I was so scared that you hated me, that I'd lost your love forever."

Angelus stroked her blonde hair as he inhaled her scent. "I wanted to hate you… but I couldn't stop loving you and it really pissed me off."

Buffy laughed. "We are so screwed up."

Angelus couldn't help but join in her laughter. "We really are, aren't we?"

Buffy looked up at him, love and passion darkening her eyes. Their lips met in a clash of desire. Their mouths opened and tongues dueled in a battle of the ages. Buffy pulled away and smiled up at him, tugging him by the hand to the bedroom.

Angelus let her lead him; whenever he let her be in charge he was never disappointed, besides, he owed her. She knelt in front of him, pulling his pants down his legs and placing light kisses on his thighs. She kissed the head of his penis before standing up again and smiling teasingly at him. Gently she pushed him backwards until he lay on his back on the bed. Then she went to work on herself, performing a impromptu strip routine for him.

When she was as nude as he, she joined him on the bed, but in the opposite direction. Placing her knees on either side of his head, she bent over his body and took his already straining erection in her hand, stroking him gently.

Angelus chuckled… one of their newest and most favorite positions. He softly ran his tongue along her slit, earning a hiss from Buffy before she encased his erection in her hot mouth. He used his fingers to separate her lips so that he could explore her more fully as she slid her mouth up and down on his hardness, her hands gently rubbing his velvety sac.

He slid his tongue inside her, making her moan around him. The vibrations in her throat tickled him, drawing him closer to orgasm. He moved his tongue to her swollen clit, wanting to bring her over the edge first. As his tongue teased her sensitive nubbin, he slid a long finger inside her, stroking her inner walls. When he added a second finger, the pleasure became too much and she exploded. She ground herself onto his face, making Angelus glad he didn't need to breathe.

When her shaking began to subside, Angelus let himself go, emptying his semen deep inside her throat. She greedily swallowed every last drop before sitting up and turning so that her face was level with his. The two lovers kissed deeply, tasting themselves on each other's tongues.

Settling herself against his chest, Buffy drew imaginary patterns on his skin with her nail. "That was nice."

"Very nice." Angelus agreed.

"I like it a *lot* better when we get along."

"Yeah… I very much prefer having you in my bed than on my couch... well, without me anyway. You know that I love *having* you anywhere." He joked.

"Maybe I forgot…" Buffy teased as she began to stroke him to hardness once again. "maybe you should remind me..."

"Maybe I should…" he replied, flipping them over and kissing her passionately. He moved his mouth down her neck to her chest so he could suckle her nipple, making her back arch off the bed in pleasure.

"Angelus…" she hissed, "I need you inside me… please?"

Never one to deny his love, he quickly sheathed himself inside her once again. Buffy wrapped her legs around his hips as he slowly moved inside her. She ran her hands over his shoulders and back as he increased his pace.

"Oh... I love you…" she moaned.

"I… love... you." He grunted in reply, accenting each word with a thrust. He felt the pressure building in his balls and knew he was near, so he slid a hand between them and began manipulating her nubbin.

With a shout she came, her strong vaginal muscles clamping down on him as he emptied his seed inside her with his own orgasm. Exhausted, he rolled over with her on top of him and collapsed. They kissed once more before falling into a deep well-deserved sleep.

They were rudely awakened by the sound of the phone ringing incessantly. Buffy managed to do a pretty good job of ignoring it, but it annoyed Angelus too much. He reached over and snatched the phone of the hook.

"What?!" he growled.

"Eww, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed."

"Cordelia... What do you want?"

"Is Buffy there? I hope she's there because you never called me back after you went looking last night and she hasn't called so if she's not there I'm gonna have to call the morgue!"

"Relax… she's here."

"Oh good... Put her on."

"She's sleeping."

"Well, it's five o'clock, wake her up." She replied, getting annoyed.

"She has to conserve her strength." Angelus smirked.

"Oh please, I don't need to know about your sex fests... Put her on unless you want her mother to report her as missing and then have the cops end up getting involved."

Sighing, Angelus replied "Hang on.." Then he gently shook the blonde that still had her head on his chest. "Wake up, baby… Cordelia's on the phone for you."

Groggily, Buffy took the phone from him. "Hello?"

"Your parents want you!"

"You know… maybe you had the right idea... Maybe it would go a lot smoother if you went alone."

"What?! Don't tell me you are wimping out."

"I do not wimp out, Buffy! I am Angelus and I am not afraid of your mother and father."

"Then why don't you want to join us all of a sudden?" Buffy asked with an amused smile.

"Because…" Angelus looked at his feet. "It'll be boring."

"Oh, that's why?" Buffy grinned, walking up to him and wrapping her arms around his neck. "I think I can keep you entertained."

As she rubbed her breasts against his chest and nibbled on his neck. "I'm pussy-whipped." He whined.

Buffy smiled triumphantly. "I like you that way. And I promise that I will reward you when the night is through."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah.." Angelus replied as Buffy pulled away and finished dressing for their dinner with her parents. "I know exactly how this is going to go. You will walk in with me, all defiant, but after a few minutes with Mommy and Daddy I will be the bad guy and you'll go home with them. Of course in a few days you'll be all hot for me and you'll seek me out and like an idiot I'll go along with it and let you lead me down your path of insane desires to please everyone else by hiding our relationship."

Buffy gave him a look. "When did you get to be so… thoughtful and... babbling?"

"Shut up."

Buffy's response was to laugh. "Ready to go?"

"As I'll ever be." he sighed.

"Just… don't kill anybody?" she asked pleadingly, biting her lower lip.

"You do realize that if there was any way possible, I would have you arrested for what you've done to her." Hank glowered at Angelus as soon as he and Buffy sat down at their table.

"Dad!"

"Hank!"

The two females frowned at the man; they had hoped to keep the dinner calm and rational, but things were already not going well two seconds after it started.

"I'm sorry, but you can't expect me to sit here and make pleasant conversation with him, can you?" Hank argued.

"Why can't I? This is ridiculous, Dad. I am not a baby, I am capable of making decisions like this myself."

"Princess, you might think you are, but you are young and impressionable. You still have all these romantic notions that just aren't realistic. It leaves you open for... men…like him."

Buffy rolled her eyes. "Oh please. Like I think that he's so perfect and I just drool over him 24/7? I think not! He annoys me quite often. He whines and complains and nags… I *so* don't have him on a pedestal!"

"Thanks Buffy." Angelus muttered sarcastically.

"Oh, don't take it personal, Honey." Buffy replied, patting his knee.

"Well, the purpose of this dinner was just to clear any bad air… get things out in the open." Joyce interjected, trying to keep them on course.

"Right… so I am really sorry I knocked you out, Daddy, but I felt I had to. I mean, you were going to kill my boyfriend, and, irritating as he can be, I love him." Buffy sighed.

"And, I know you won't believe me… but I'm not just with Buffy to take advantage of her. Trust me, if I didn't love her, it wouldn't be worth it. She took over my bathroom completely! I haven't seen the counter in there since she first started staying with me." Angelus added.

"Speaking of… where are you staying for the rest of the summer, Buffy?" Joyce asked.

"Well, I only have a few more weeks in LA… and I think things would work best if I lived with Angelus and visited Dad… and then I'll go back to Sunnydale when I was supposed to."

"And Angelus will stay here?" Hank asked hopefully.

"I'll be relocating to Sunnydale." Angelus smiled. He refused to behave like some pimply faced teen that feared his girlfriend's father.

Joyce continued the interrogation. "Buffy, will you still be living in a dorm at UC Sunnydale?"

Buffy looked at Angelus questioningly, he had no idea what to tell her. "I don't know… we didn't really discuss it… but we will be talking about it soon, I promise."

"Please, Buffy, stay in the dorm. You need to enjoy college as much as possible… and if you're shacking up with this… man… it might hinder that." Hank implored.

Buffy sighed. "Let *me* decide, Dad."

Hank nodded concedingly. "How old are you anyway?"

The other three sighed loudly, all knowing if Angelus answered honestly Hank would have him committed.

"I look twenty-three, don't I?"

"Yeah, sure."

"I don't think your dad believed me."

"Oh, Angelus, let it go. He just didn't want to like any answer you gave him. I don't see why you care."

Angelus frowned as he continued to drive the two of them home. "I don't know why it bothers me either… but it does.."

"Maybe because you are proud of your ability to lie, so if he doesn't believe you, that's like saying you failed." Buffy joked from the passenger seat.

Angelus seriously considered it. "You're probably right."

"What are we going to do?" Buffy sighed.

"I was thinking you could model that cute number from Victoria's Secret that you bought and then I could take it off of you and ravish you all night."

Buffy smiled. "That sounds lovely… but I'm talking about in a few weeks when we go to Sunnydale."

"Baby, I find it's a bad idea to discuss living arrangements when I want you with every fiber of my being... Right now I want to chain you up and never let you out."

Buffy wrinkled her nose. "Okay, we'll discuss it tomorrow."

"Mmm… you taste good." Angelus murmured as he leaned over on the couch and began to nibble Buffy's neck.

Buffy swatted his arm and pushed him away. "Not now! We have to decide what we're going to do when I go back to Sunnydale."

"Buffy, I told you that I can't make a decision like that when I want you this much." Angelus argued.

Buffy sighed dramatically. "Angelus, you always want me, so I guess you're just out of luck. Besides, we said last night that we'd discuss this today… so let's discuss."

"Fine… I say you move in with me… because if you kid yourself into thinking the dorm thing is a good idea it will only annoy us both."

"Yeah… but what if my dad is right? I don't want to miss out on all the fun college events."

"So… go to the fun college events and come home to me. I can get a place near the college."

"You'd have to get it really close because I still don't know how to drive and you can't drive me to school every morning because of the sun thing... So I'd have to live within walking distance."

Angelus shrugged. "Fine with me, I'm sure they have a lot of apartments nearby for students that live off campus. Hell, I'll even teach you how to drive."

"Really?" Buffy grinned.

"Sure… it's not like you could kill me."

"Ha ha… very funny."

Angelus smirked, then kissed her. "All taken care of now?"

"I guess." Buffy sighed. "I just hope Willow won't be upset. I promised to share a room with her. I don't know how she'll react to the two of us."

"Are you still worried about Giles?"

"I'm trying not to… my mom says he left yesterday morning before she picked my dad up at the hospital. I had just hoped he would have wanted to talk to me instead of leaving things like this."

"He won't stay mad forever. As much as it sickens me to say it, you two have a bond… and he feels far too strongly for you to never speak to you again. That's not to say he'll ever be happy about us."

"Why does it sicken you to say it?"

"Bonds? All those… sugary feelings… nasty." Angelus shuddered.

Buffy chuckled. "You're a strange, strange man."

"Don't I know it." Angelus agreed as he leaned over again, pinning his lover beneath his body on the couch as he nibbled on her neck again. "Is the discussion over?"

"Uh huh…" Buffy replied breathlessly as she held his head to her.

"That's a hickey! You have a hickey! I mean, a real one… I would almost expect bite marks... But eww."

Buffy blushed and readjusted her scarf so it once again covered the blemish on her neck. "We got a little carried away."

"I guess." Cordelia replied, with her eyebrow raised. "You know... I'm going to miss you guys."

"Are you sure you don't want to come with us?"

"Uh… let's see... Sunnydale that has *nothing* or LA that has *everything*... This one's a toughie."

Buffy rolled her eyes. "I just meant… well, all the people you know here other than Angelus and I aren't very close to you. I just hate the thought of you being all alone in the city… I know how scary that can be."

"Oh, you mean because of when you ran away? This is different, Buffy. I didn't just send my boyfriend to Hell and have all these mental problems."

Buffy shook her head in disbelief at her friend's frankness. "You'll be fine."

"I know I will… although I am tempted to go along with you two on a little vacation… I would kill to see the looks on everyone's faces when they find out you and Angelus are shacking up."

Buffy sighed. "I would kill to miss that… it's almost inevitably going to get ugly, isn't it?"

"For sure." Cordelia smiled as she stuffed a forkful of salad in her mouth.

"Willow doesn't even know yet… she's almost guaranteed to do one of her freaking and babbling things. Oh! I hope she doesn't have one of those righteous anger moments where she acts like she knows what's best for me and yells at me."

"Ooh… I'm sensing Willow-Anger right there.. aren't I?"

Buffy shrugged. "It's just that she sometimes thinks that since she gets better grades than me she knows about everything more than me. I know she loves Oz… but it doesn't compare to what I feel for either Angel or Angelus... I'm consumed… so how can she tell me what I should feel?"

Cordelia reached over the table and grabbed her friend's hand. "Are you going to hit her? Because if you do, I am *so* there!"

Buffy gave her a dirty look. "Why does everyone think I always resort to violence right away?"

"Because you do?"

"I do not!"

"When haven't you?"

Buffy thought for a moment. "Last week, at your apartment! I didn't punch Xander!"

"Don't remind me… I'm still bitter about that."

"You sure you want to stay here all alone?" Buffy asked sincerely.

"I'll be fine! Besides, if I need you, you're two hours away."

"And you can call… in fact, you better… you might be the only friend I have left."

"Oh, don't overreact. Willow, for one, is a total loser… and if she tells you off she'll come crawling back. If you're *that* desperate you can take her back."

"I'm actually more worried about Giles."

Cordelia waved her hand. "Don't worry! You're like... a daughter to him. I'm pretty sure it's impossible for him to hate you. He'll forgive you.. just give him time."

"I hope you're right… because without Giles… I'm in serious trouble." Buffy replied sadly.

Angelus sighed loudly as he walked in the door of the new apartment he shared with Buffy. He was whipped. She'd spent the day putting the finishing touches on the place, then given him one pouty look and moaned about needing a bath to relax, but not having any food. Like a wimp, he'd trudged out to the store to get her some groceries. As he headed into the kitchen and began putting the food away, he swore to himself he wouldn't rub her feet or whatever crazy thing she asked him to do next.

Looking down, he saw all he had left to put away was a container of strawberries. Smiling to himself, he though they might be fun to give to Buffy, so he moved to the sink and washed them. Placing them in a bowl, he turned to take them into the bathroom where he presumed he'd find Buffy lounging in the tub. When he saw her standing in the doorway, clad only in a red strapless bustier with a matching pair of panties and red strappy heels; he stopped, stunned.

"Hey there." She smiled.

"Hey." He replied hoarsely.

Turning around, she modeled for him. "You like?"

Angelus could only nod as all the borrowed blood in his body rushed to his groin.

"Whatcha got there?" she asked, nodding towards the bowl.

"Strawberries." He replied softly.

"Sounds yummy... all juicy and sticky. Want to go eat them in the bedroom?"

Angelus simply nodded and let a chuckling Buffy lead him by the hand to the bedroom. Once they reached the room she released his hand and left him in the middle of the room while she laid on her back on the bed. Spreading her legs slightly, she showed him that the panties were crotchless.

"Are you just going to stand there all night?" Buffy asked, raising her eyebrow and patting the bed next to her.

Angelus stumbled over to the bed and sat down next to her. Buffy smiled as she sat up. She took the bowl from his hands and set it down on the bed so she could help him unbutton his shirt.

"Do you know I kept thinking about how great you feel inside me all day? And when you were gone, I got all sorts of ideas about what we could do tonight."

"Like what?" Angelus grinned, finding his voice once again as Buffy tugged the shirt down his arms and placed soft kisses on his chest.

"Oh… how about you fuck me?" she teased.

"Sounds fun." Angelus replied, standing up to remove his pants and boxers.

Buffy laid back down and took a strawberry out of the bowl, licking it suggestively before biting off the end, the whole time her eyes never leaving his. Angel finally managed to remove all his clothing without getting his straining erection caught in anything.

"I guess you really *do* like my outfit." Buffy smirked.

"Yes, I really, *really* do." He agreed as he climbed back on the bed and kissed her neck.

"Want one?" she asked, holding a strawberry up to him.

He bit into the strawberry, then immediately stooped down to kiss her, feeding her the fruit from his mouth.

Buffy urged him onto his back before moving down his body. Settling herself between his legs, she slowly stroked his erection. "This looks even tastier." She remarked before enveloping him inside her mouth. She slowly took in as much of his length as she could, knowing she'd never be able to swallow his entire length. She stroked his inner thigh with one hand, and massaged his balls with the other. Angelus knew if she didn't stop then it'd be too late... and he'd hate for the night to be over before it even began.

"Buffy… stop." He groaned.

Buffy reluctantly released him from her mouth. "You sure?"

Angelus nodded and gently tugged her back up his body. She obeyed, placing hot kisses all over his face. He pushed her onto her back and decided to return the favor, moving down to her body so that he was facing her moist center.

Teasingly, he ran his tongue over her slit, causing her to arch off the bed. He swatted her hands away when she tried to move his head where she wanted it. He separated her lips with two fingers, his tongue exploring her every crevice with enthusiasm. He carefully avoided contact with her clit, enjoying the whimpers and moans erupting from deep inside her throat.

"Please Angelus… I want you inside me!" she begged.

He'd be damned, but he could never deny her anything. He moved back up so they were face to face, with him on top of her. He moved the head of his hardness to her entrance, sinking slowly inside her when she grabbed his hips and pulled him to her. Once he was fully sheathed inside her, he remained still for a moment, relishing the warmth and tightness he encountered.

He pulled his hips back until only the tip of his erection remained inside her. Slowly, he thrust back into her. He repeated his movements, despite her begging, he kept his pace torturously slow. When he pulled completely out of her, she almost sobbed in frustration.

"Let's try a different position, Baby." He said softly as he gently moved her onto her side and laid behind her. He lifted her leg and laid it on his hip before sliding inside her once again. This time he moved a bit faster, earning grunts and moans of pleasure from Buffy. He began suckling the side of her neck as he thrust.

"Baby?" he whispered, moving his mouth up to her ear.

"Hmm?"

"As much as I love your outfit… I want you out of it."

Buffy's lips curved in a purely feminine smile. "Okay."

Angelus expertly began undoing the hooks on the back of her bustier as he continued to thrust. Once he had the article completely undone, he let it continue to cover her breasts as he tenderly kissed her shoulder. Together, they pulled the material away and tossed it over the side of the bed before Angelus moved his hand to caress one of her breasts. Buffy moaned and arched into his hands, the pleasure driving her to the brink of madness.

"It's time to switch positions again, Baby." Angelus murmured.

"I don't think I want to." Buffy replied breathlessly.

"Why not?" Angelus teased.

"I don't want you to stop fucking me."

"Just for a second, Baby." He reassured before pulling out of her.

Buffy almost cried in frustration as he knelt on the bed and hooked his fingers in the elastic of her panties. Swiftly, he tugged them down her legs, tossing them over his shoulder once they were removed. He looked her up and down and decided he thought she was sexier with the heels on, so he left them alone and lay on his back on the bed.

He smiled at her, telling her with a look what to do next. Smiling in anticipation, she sat up and straddled him, immediately sliding down on his erection once again. Angelus moved his hands to her hips to help her slide up and down on him. She bent down to kiss him passionately and Angelus took the opportunity to move his mouth from hers and down to her nipples, teasing one, then the other as Buffy continued to pump her hips faster and faster.

Finally, she reached her climax and exploded around him. Angelus sat up and hugged her tightly to him as he too came, spilling his seed deep inside her.

As soon as they both stopped writhing, Angelus lay back on the bed, bringing Buffy with him. They lay in contented silence for many moments. Buffy closed her eyes and smiled in pleasure as Angelus idly drew invisible patterns over her back and buttocks with his fingers.

"Did I tell you I called my mother?" she finally said in a sleepy voice.

"No, you didn't." Angelus replied as he closed his eyes, feeling his body relax in exhaustion.

"She wants me to come over for a while tomorrow afternoon." Buffy informed him with a yawn.

"So, you'll probably be in a bad mood tomorrow night?" Angelus teased.

"Oh, shut up." Buffy replied, lazily slapping his arm. "My mother and I can spend time together and get along perfectly well."

"Mom, would you please lay off?"

"Well, Honey, I'm just trying to ask you pertinent questions. I mean, what's really different now than before when Angel left for LA? Yes, the whole losing his soul problem is not really an issue, but you will still grow old while he remains young, he still cannot go anywhere with you in the daytime... and he still can't give you babies. Don't tell me you don't ever want to have children, because we both know that you do!" Joyce argued with her daughter as she continued to wash the lettuce for their salad for lunch.

Buffy sighed. "Mom, I'm eighteen… I don't plan on having kids for a long time… so I'm not going to even worry about it. I mean… there is always artificial insemination. Angelus and I never really talked about it."

"Well, don't you think you should talk about these things?"

"To be honest… I like to live in the now, Mom. I know you don't like to talk about it, but I am the slayer. I most likely won't live a long life." Seeing her mother open her mouth to argue, Buffy continued. "Nobody likes to talk about it… even Angelus swears he'll never let anything happen to me… but it is a reality we might have to face. Giles won't tell me, but I know that I must be getting close to the age of the average slayer life expectancy. I just… I want to enjoy my life while I'm here."

"Oh honey…" Joyce replied, hugging her daughter to her as she felt tears burn her eyes. "I'm sorry… I just worry about you."

"I'll be fine, I promise."

"Okay." Joyce conceded. When the doorbell rang she broke into a smile. "Could you get that, Buffy? It's our lunch guest."

"Our lunch guest? Who is our lunch guest?"

"Mr. Giles."

"Mom."

"Answer the door, Honey, the poor man is waiting out there."

"Does *he* know *I* am here?"

"Of course." Joyce smiled. "You're the only one I have to trick into meetings."

Buffy raised an eyebrow. "You mean Giles knows I'm here and came anyway?"

"Yes, now will you let him in?"

Buffy turned and left the kitchen. As she walked towards the front door, she wiped her now sweaty palms on the sides of her capri pants. Bracing herself, she opened the door.

"Buffy." Giles greeted solemnly, nodding politely at his erstwhile slayer.

"Hi." Buffy replied quietly, opening the door wider so he could get in.

He frigidly moved past her into the house. Before they could spend another moment in anxiety, Joyce stepped out of the kitchen and smiled. "Mr. Giles, you're right on time. Lunch is all ready to go."

The former watcher led the way as they all sat quietly at the table in the kitchen that was adorned with the salad bowl as well as a pan of lasagna and three place settings. They ate their lunch in almost total silence. Joyce made some attempts at small talk, but they failed miserably. Finally, she decided that the two of them would never get to really talking with her there, so she shooed them into the living room while she made tea.

They sat in silence for a moment before Buffy worked up the nerve to speak. "I'm so very sorry that things are this way… I want you to know that it tears me up that you believe I have total disregard for… Jenny… and all the bad things he has done... But he's different. I mean, I know Angelus has no soul… and he doesn't act like Angel… but he doesn't act like he did before. He loves me, truly and completely. He doesn't even kill people, Giles. If he did, you have to believe me that I wouldn't be with him."

Giles closed his eyes and nodded. In a strangled voice, he replied "I've done a lot of thinking over the past few weeks. At first, I wanted to strangle you… I saw you being with him as selfish… but then I remembered all you have given up… and you deserve all the happiness you can get. I definitely wish you had found it with a human boy… but you can't choose these things. I don't think I can… get along with him… and I don't think I can rejoice in your relationship with him. But I can- and will- try to accept it. He makes you happy. You have a gleam in your eyes that I haven't seen in a long time. Probably not since before your 17th birthday. So... You and I can have our relationship… and you and he can have yours. For the time being... I'd like to keep the contact I have with him at a minimum… it's hard for me."

Buffy nodded and smiled slightly. "I can understand that. I am so grateful that you are so… generous… to me. I don't deserve you!"

"Oh, Buffy, you deserve the best of everything. I just can't believe Angelus is the best of anything." Giles added wryly.

Buffy's smile turned into a full fledged grin as she reached over and squeezed his hand. "Thank you."

Angelus moaned as he stirred to consciousness. As he came around he realized the reason his body was tingling was due to a pleasure in his groin. Lifting his head, he looked down and saw Buffy diligently sucking his already hard member into her mouth. She used one hand to stroke him as she slid more and more of his length down her throat, and rolled his velvety balls in her other hand.

Angelus gripped the sheets tightly as she continued to pleasure him with her hot mouth. He began to buck his hips as he neared orgasm. With great effort, he managed to mutter "I'm gonna come soon." When Buffy moaned deep in her throat, sending his hips into a frenzy of pleasure, he knew her answer. He released himself in her mouth, where she swallowed every salty drop of his semen.

When she had thoroughly cleaned him, Buffy crawled up his body and kissed him deeply.

"Not that I didn't love that… but what was it for?" Angelus asked with a grin.

Buffy grinned right back at him. "I had a great day."

"Well, I am begging you… whatever you did today... Please do tomorrow." Angelus teased as he rolled them over and began to remove her clothing.

All Buffy could do was laugh. A giant weight had been lifted off her shoulders and she could once again enjoy every second with the man she loved.

Until she had school to contend with, anyway.

The End

 

<< back