"Collision Course "

Author: A. Price & Chelle Storey
Email: andramichelle@yahoo.com & thechelle@worldnet.att.net

1

2

When Buffy awoke some time later, and felt around in the dark for Angel, she encountered an empty bed. She was on the verge of panicking, of letting every single fear she had boil to the surface, when he stepped into the room carrying a bag and smiled at her. "Well it's about time," he said with a wink. "I was beginning to think nothing could wake you up."

She swallowed hard and studied him closely. He raised an eyebrow. "It's still me, Buffy." Sitting next to her, he held out the bag. "I asked Cordelia to go and buy you some clothing. I made her promise to get something pretty. I hope you like it."

"Thank you." Buffy nodded, but didn't open the bag. "So, you and Cordelia made nice?"

"Yeah. I apologized and hired them again."

"Oh," she mumbled and looked away.

He put a hand under her chin and turned her to face him. "Considering the fact that I plan on spending a lot of time in Sunnydale, I figured I'd need them full time again."

"Oh," Buffy repeated, but this time she said it with a sigh of relief. "So, what's next?"

Angel leaned closer and kissed her on the mouth. "I was thinking, since we're both awake now, we could maybe grab a shower and go get some dinner, and then pay a visit to the Host."

"Mmmm. I need to thank him," Buffy mumbled against his lips. Angel had told her all about what the Host had done for them before they'd finally drifted off the sleep. "I call dibs on the shower first."

Angel caught her as she started to get out of bed. "No, uh uh." He shook his head. "If you're going to the shower, I'm going too."

"Oooh," Buffy said with a playful grin. "Will you wash my back?"

"I don't know how much washing we'll get done, but I might get around to it."

"You're insatiable."

"You're one to talk." With that, he leaned down and threw her over his shoulder, carrying her into the bathroom.


Buffy wrapped herself in a big fluffy towel and smiled at Angel as he secured another around his waist. She giggled soflty. "What's so funny?" Angel asked, pulling her against him.

She looked up at him, her eyes glowing with a happiness she had not known in ages. "That had to be the longest shower I've ever taken."

He laughed along with her, smoothing her wet hair off her forehead. "Well if someone could have kept her hands to herself we would have been out sooner."

Buffy raised her eyebrows at him and smiled slyly. "Making up for lost time."

"We're not even halfway there," he said, then kissed the top of her head. "But, that'll have to wait. We better get dressed or we'll never make it to the club."

She reluctantly pulled away from him and picked up the bag of clothing that Cordelia had picked out for her. She was surprised to find a lovely eyelet lace sundress in the palest of yellows with white strappy sandals to match.

Cordelia had chosen well.

Angel pulled on bluejeans and a white button up shirt. He suddenly felt like casual light colors tonight. He watched as Buffy dressed and did her hair, his eyes following her every move. She was graceful, perfect. His. "You look beautiful! Remind me to thank Cordy."

Buffy turned to face him, "You don't look bad yourself! I like the white shirt. I didn't know you owned any light colors or bluejeans." She took a step closer. "Ohhh.. button fly." She giggled as she brushed her hand over the brass buttons.

"We have to go see the host, Buffy." Angel gently caught her hand, bringing it to his mouth where he lightly kissed her knuckles. "You can play with the buttons when we get home, I promise."

She winked at him, then followed him downstairs to the car. Angel smiled at her as he opened the car door and she settled herself in. He joined her and said, "He's going to want someone to sing - maybe both of us." Angel turned to face her in the seat. "Are you up to it?"

"Will you be there with me?"

"Of course, you couldn't get rid of me if you tried." He caught a ringlet of her hair in his fingertips, then leaned forward to kiss her.

"As long as you're with me I can do anything.." She said simply, then slid next to him for the drive to Caritas. On the way, he pointed out buildings and alleys, sharing stories with her of demons he had fought during his time in Los Angeles. Buffy listened raptly, intently, not bothering to mention that she had never heard him talk more in her entire life. Instead, she hung on his every word, watching him.

And she had never been more content.


Angel and Buffy walked hand in hand into the crowded club. The Host met them as they cornered the bar. He smiled and led them to a table,where he pulled out the chair for Buffy, batting Angel's hand away when he tried to do it himself. He signaled the waiter, then sat across from them, grinning from ear to ear. "So you both seem to be in one piece, smiles on the faces, holding hands. I take it you found a use for the beds in that hotel." He smirked at Buffy and Angel.

Angel cleared his throat, shooting Buffy a little smirk. "Let's just say we worked out our differences."

"Very good, but I would like some proof. I want a you two to sing a duet and I want to only read happy thoughts from both of you." He smiled at the couple as if daring them to argue. When they didn't, he made his way to the stage and addressed the crowd, "The last time we heard from this little sweetheart her heart was in pieces tonight she isn't singing alone. Let's hear it for Buffy and Angel."

Angel stood and took Buffy by the hand leading her to the stage. She laughed softly as they began to choose a song. Angel pointed at one and whispered 'just take my lead and we won't be on stage long'. She nodded as the music began to play.

The first strains of Rod Stewart's "Tonight's the Night" began to play and Angel and Buffy began to stare into each others eyes as if they were undressing each other in their minds.

"Stay away from the window,
stay away from the back door too
disconnect the telephone line
Relax baby and draw that blind"

Buffy sang the words to Angel sashaying across the stage and running her hand up his chest suggestively.

He gave her a look that could melt all the ice in Alaska as he sang the next verse

"Kick off your shoes and sit right down
Loosen up that pretty French gown
Let me pour you a good long drink
Ooh, baby, don't you hesitate"

She smiled back at him as she raised her hand to stroke his cheek. He put one arm around her and pulled her close to his side.

They sang the chorus together.

"'Cause tonight's the night
Gonna be alright
cause I love you girl
Ain't nobody gonna stop us now"

Angel kissed the top of Buffy's head as he sang the next verse.

"Come on angel, my heart's on fire
Don't deny your man's desire"

Buffy gave him a brilliant smile and turning to him ran one leg up and down his inner leg.

"You'd be a fool to stop this tide
Spread your wings and let me come inside"

She grinned at him and began the next verse.

"Don't say a word, my virgin child"

Angel rolled his eyes at the "virgin child" line but pulled her even closer to him. His hands roaming up and down her arms.

"Just let your inhibitions run wild
The secret is about to unfold
Upstairs before the night's too old"

Buffy winked at Angel as she sang the words. Before they could start the chorus again the Host joined them onstage. He motioned for the music to stop. "Okay, let's get these two off the stage before we all get an eyeful." He smiled at Buffy and Angel as they stepped down from the stage hand in hand.

The Host led them back to the table and served them drinks. "After that display you two need to cool off. My, my, I'd say you are both very happy. I'm happy for both of you." He turned to Angel, "I don't ever want to see her in the state she was in before." Then turning back to Buffy. " And make sure he doesn't forget that he isn't responsible for every bad thing that happens." His face grew somber as he studied their faces. "It won't be easy. You both need to know that right now. There will be trials, fights, tears, but destiny has won the war. The battles are just there to keep you entertained."

They smiled at him and then at each other. The Host stood and finished off his drink. "Now you two get on back to the Hyperion. Because as Rod said -- you want to get 'upstairs before the night's too old.'"

Buffy stood and gave the Host a quick hug. She saw a tear twinkling in his eye and stepped back. "Thank you."

Angel had stood as well, and had extended a hand. When the Host took it, Angel tugged him forward, embracing him. In a low voice, Angel said, "You gave me back my life."

The Host patted him on the back and stepped away, sniffling. "Yeah, well, if it means that you won't be singing 'Mandy' again, it was worth it."

"Mandy?" Buffy asked, eyebrows raised.

"Trust me, honey, you don't want to know," The Host replied, laying his hand on her cheek. "Now scat, before I make you sing something wholesome. The thoughts that you two are *still* having are making me blush!"

With that, he disappeared into the crowd, leaving Buffy and Angel standing side by side. She took his hand and looked up at him. "Want to dance?"

"No, not so much." He grabbed his jacket off the back of the chair and led her toward the door. "Button fly pants, remember?"

"One track mind, much?" Buffy said in a mock stern voice.

Angel paused near the exit and looked down at her. "Okay, we can stay."

Buffy's eyes widened. "What? No. We should really, really go."

He grinned and led her into the parking lot, where he opened the door for her. She started to slip into the passenger seat, but he caught her arm and pushed the seat forward, pointing at the backseat. She took the hint and crawled in the back and he followed. "We're not going to make it back to the hotel anytime soon are we?" she drawled, as he began to kiss her neck.

"No. Absolutely not." He slowly lowered the straps of her dress, exposing her chest.

From their position in the parking lot, they heard the Host begin to sing.

"I was a fool to ever leave your side
Me minus you is such a lonely ride
The breakup we had has made me lonesome and sad
I realize I love you 'cause I want you bad, hey, hey
I spent the evening with the radio
Regret the moment that I let you go
Our quarrel was such a way of learning so much
I know now that I love you 'cause I need your touch,hey, hey
Reunited and it feels so good
Reunited 'cause we understood
There's one perfect fit
And, sugar, this one is it
We both are so excited 'cause we're reunited, hey, hey"

 

The End

 

<< back