"Sons and Daughters"

Author: A. Price
Email: andramichelle@yahoo.com

1

2

The rain pitterpattered softly against the window pane. He watched as she pulled out of the driveway and went in the direction of the post office. She carried five letters with her, one to each of his surrogate family members, he had written them last night after he had made up his mind to visit. He hoped it was a convienient time for everyone to make the trip, he thought for a moment that he should have planned this better. He then laughed bitterly, just how does one plan to die at a convienient time?

He thought of his family in the States, not his blood of course but every bit his family. He'd left them twelve years ago to come home, ten years ago the Hellmouth had been closed and Buffy retired. Each of his "children" had gone their own way after so much drama in their young lives they were all happy to get away from Sunnydale. Buffy and Dawn had moved to LA. Buffy and a now human Spike married eight years ago and were embarking on a family of their own. Dawn was just married and lived close to her sister.

Anya moved to Seattle where she married Todd and had a son. She ran a chain of book stores there. Xander had moved to Arizona and opened a construction business with some backing from Giles, it was a successful business and it helped support his growing family of three daughters with wife Amanda. Willow was now teaching chemistry at Harvard, she was back to the quiet girl he had first met, although her eyes still lit up at the mention of Tara.

As for himself, Rupert Giles knew despite this latest crisis that he was a lucky man. He had met Emily at a lecture on antique books ten years ago and despite his British reserve it had been 'love at first sight'. They had married less then a year later. His "children" had fallen in love with her on the newlyweds visit to the States. Her gentle demeanor and giving ways endearing them to her.

Six months ago he began to notice that he was tired alot more then usual and he seemed to bruise much easier. He'd fallen and broken a wrist and it seemed to take longer to heal then it should. The doctor ran several test and the news was not good, the diagnosis was Aplastic Anemia. He had started out with a mild case but it was getting agressively worse and the doctor was talking bone marrow transplants. The only problem was that what was left of his blood family were all too old to be donors. He had no siblings and no children, so he knew the chances of ever finding a donor were close to non existent.

He and Emily had discussed one last trip to Sunnydale, he had written letters to everyone asking them to meet him there. He would break the news to them in person and say his goodbyes. Emily was worried about the trip taking a toll on him but she understood his reasons for wanting to go.

He smiled as the car pulled back into the drive. Emily got out with a small bag of groceries in her arm. She came into the house and putting her umbrella by the door, came to kiss his cheek. "How are you?" She sat the groceries on the desk.

"I'm good. You got the letters in the mail?" He asked taking her hand.

"Yes, are you sure this is a good idea, Rupert? What if by a miracle they find a donor while we are gone?" Her voice held hope in it and he didn't want to destroy that, but they had to be realistic.

"Emily, I want to say goodbye and I may not have another chance. I need to see them while I'm able." He kissed her and pulled her into his lap.

"I understand, but I also still believe in miracles!" She stood up, "Now what would you like for lunch?"

"Anything you want to fix." He answered as he watched her take the groceries and walk into the kitchen.


"Buffy!" Spike called from the living room. She didn't answer so he walked towards the bedroom, "Buffy?" He called again.

"In here." Her voice sounded from the bathroom.

He stifled a laugh as he opened the door to find Buffy sitting on the toilet one foot propped on the bathtub trying to tie her shoe over the bulge in her belly. "Do you need some help with that?"

"I think I've got it now." She smiled up at him, "I might need to invest in some slip on shoes until after the baby is born."

"That might be a good idea." He offered her his hand and helped her up from the toilet. At seven months pregnant Buffy was very round and he didn't know if he had ever seen her so beautiful.

Spike could hardly believe all that had happened in the last ten years, he and Buffy had moved to LA, where she finished school and worked in a gallery like her mom. Spike had discovered that as wretched as his poetry was, he had a knack for story telling, he had published seven sci fi novels and was working on number eight. Buffy was on a leave of abscence from work and they were just enjoying the prospect of a baby. Buffy's voice interrupted his happy thoughts.

"Did you need something?" She asked as she walked into the bedroom.

"My briefcase. It's got the draft for the next chapter in it." He answered as she walked towards the living room.

"It's in the closet." She opened the closet and found the brief case handing it to him with a grin.

"Thanks, now I have to go." He pulled her close and kissed her sweetly.

"Have a good day! I'm going to lunch with Dawn so don't worry if you call and I don't answer." She told him as he opened the front door to leave.

"Be careful, I love you." He told her as he walked out the door.

"I love you." She called behind as she waved goodbye.


"No you can not take the dog to school for show and tell." Xander informed his eldest daughter.

"But daddy! Nothing else will be good enough!" Sarah whined as only a five year old girl can.

"No, go find that new book your grandma got you." He told her as he helped three year old Andie put her shoes on. Then he wiped the milk off of one year old Jana's chin.

He sighed, Amanda was at the hospital with her sister, she had delivered her first child last night. He wasnt' sure how his wife did this every morning. He walked the two youngest children next door so the neighbor could babysit until Amanda got home and he drove Sarah to school. He grinned as she waved and said "I love you Daddy." Life was good.


"I'll see you tonight, going to lunch with Buffy. Love you." Dawn hung up the phone and headed to the car on the way out she noticed her mail was there, she immediately was drawn to the envelope with the England postmark and the formal writing. Must be from Giles, she told herself as she stuffed it in her purse and drove to the restaurant to meet her sister.


"Here is your lunch, Sam." Anya hugged the little boy and then stood up and kissed his daddy. "I'll be a little late tonight, a meeting at the store."

"Okay, I'll get Sam from school. Have a good meeting. I love you." Todd kissed her again on his way out.

"Love you both!" Anya called out the door after them.

She wasn't sure if she deserved Todd or Sam but she loved them with all her heart. She and Xander had both agreed they would never tell thier significant others aboutt the things that had gone on in Sunnydale, though they still confided in each other when the memories overtook them.


"Professor Rosenberg, may I have a word with you?" The auburn haired man with the piercing eyes was smiling at her.

"Yes, Professor Whitley. You can come with me to my office, I'm just picking up a few things to take home for the summer." Willow told him as he followed her into her office and closed the door. "Now what can I do for you Professor?" She asked with a grin.

"Let's start with this." He laughed as he pulled her close and kissed her thoroughly. "We still on for tonight?" He asked when he pulled away.

"Yes, dinner and a movie..of my choice this time." Willow arched her eyebrow at him.

Greg Whitley was the first person that Willow had been attracted to in ages. He was easy to talk to and so understanding. He knew all about her past relationships and accepted her for her. He knew nothing of her past with magic, that was a door closed to her now.


Buffy waved to Dawn from their table at the restaurant. "Stand up!" Dawn ordered her sister, "Let me see if you've grown." It was a ritual every time they met, she wanted to see how much bigger Buffy grew.

"Dawn, I got bigger okay. At this rate, Spike won't be able to fit in the bed with me before the baby gets here." Buffy sighed as she sat back down, but it was a happy sigh, a sigh of contentment.

"Well that's how you got in this shape anyway, Spike in your bed." Dawn giggled at her joke.

"Not sure about that, could have been the couch or maybe the dining room table." Buffy teased her sister.

"Buffy, I've eaten off of that table." Dawn gave her sister an ewww face before opening her purse and pulling out the letter from Giles. "I got this today, from Giles."

"What does he have to say?" Buffy asked curiously.

"I don't know, but I'll find out." Dawn told her as she opened the envelope and pulled out the heavy stationary. She skimmed through the note, her expression changed to worried, "He wants us to come to Sunnydale next week, he needs to see all of us. Xander, Willow, Anya, Me and you and Spike. He says he'll explain it all then and please let him know if we can make it as soon as possible."

"I wonder what's wrong?" Buffy asked as she sipped her water, "He's being very mysterious. Of course Spike and I will be there, how about you?"

"Yes, I'll go and Jeremy will go too. He's never been to Sunnydale. I just wonder what he needs to talk to us about?" Dawn shook her head as she put the letter back in her purse. The sister's finished lunch and shopped for a few hours.

Buffy grinned when she arrived home and saw Spike's car in the driveway, he must have got done early. She walked into the house to the smell of spaghetti sauce simmering. She put her arms around his waist as far as they would go which was quite a feat with her belly as large as it was now. "Hey, homeade sauce, smells good."

He turned to face her then, "Thought you might like that" He kissed the top of her nose, "We got a note from Giles in the mail today. Kind of mysterious." Spike told her as he sliced garlic bread.

"So ours came today too, Dawn showed me hers at lunch. What do you think is so important?" Buffy asked him as she dipped a piece of bread in the sauce.

"I don't know, but it worries me a bit." Spike returned to the stove, taking the steaming pot of pasta to the sink to drain the noodles.

"We'll go of course." Buffy asked him although it was more of a fact then a question.

"Well, I'll go for sure, you ask the doc if you can make the trip and then you can go too." Spike sat put the pasta in a bowl.

"Fine, I'll call after we eat." She gave him a mock pout.

When dinner was done, she made the call to her doctor and was assured that as long as they stopped and let her walk a little bit that the trip would be fine. She made the call to Giles and though she tried to pry some information out of him he was tightlipped telling her only that he would tell everything when he got there.

Buffy went to sleep that night wrapped in Spike's arms, wondering exactly what was going on with her former Watcher.


"So I get to go to Sunnydale?" Jeremy settled into bed beside his wife.

Dawn grinned at him, "Yes, you'll finally get to meet Giles. You'll like him alot."

"Do you think everyone will show up?" He asked as he ran his hand up and down her arm.

"I'm sure they will, it's hard to turn him down." Dawn smiled as she rolled on top of him and kissed him soundly. She had made her call to Giles earlier and he had seemed happy to hear that she would be there.


"Xander, honey, we got a card from Mr. Giles today. He wants us to come to Sunnydale next week." Amanda handed the card to Xander as he walked through the tupperward that Jana was playing with on the kitchen floor. He kissed his wife and took the letter.

"I wonder what this is all about." Xander replied worriedly, Amanda knew nothing of the ghosts and ghoulies of his past.

"I'm sure its nothing bad. It would be kind of nice to get away for a few days, I know that Mom will be busy with Lisa and the new baby, but my sister Kari wouldn't mind watching the kids for a few days. We kept hers last month." Amanda smiled at him as she picked up the baby and put her in the high chair.

"Yeah, that sounds good. I'll give Giles a call after dinner." Xander leaned over and kissed Jana on the top of her dark curls.

After supper, Amanda took the girls upstairs for their bath and Xander made his phone call. He asked Giles out right if this was something to do with the hellmouth and was relieved when Giles told him no, it was a personal matter.


"Goodnight, Greg." Willow gave him one more kiss as he stepped out into the night. She watched his red mustang dissappear around the corner and walked back inside, on her way to the bedroom she picked up the mail off the desk. She thumbed through it and found Giles letter, smiling she opened it and sat down to read it.

"Very mysterious letter, Giles." She said out loud as she picked up the phone and dialed giving him her rsvp.


"Goodnight, Sammy Sam." Anya cooed as the little boy crawled under his covers. She kissed him on the forehead and turned out the light as she left the room.

"I am very concerned about this letter from Giles." Anya told Todd as they cuddled up on the couch in front of the tv. "I worry this is bad news he has to tell us." She sighed and lay her head on his shoulder.

"Mr. Giles is a really nice guy and I'm sure he has a good reason for needing to see us all. I think you should call and let him know we'll be there. My mom can keep Sam." Todd told her as he pulled her closer to him.

"Okay, I'll call now." Anya picked up the phone and dialed.


"Was that Anya?" Emily asked sleepily from her side of the bed.

"Yes, the last one to call. They'll all be there next week." Giles sighed and smiled wearily.

Emily put her arm around him, "I knew they wouldn't let you down." Her tears mingled with his own as she gave him a gentle kiss.


Early the next morning before the sun rose, Spike slipped from the bed. Buffy rolled over but never woke, her hand lying protectively on her belly even during sleep. He had a bad feeling about this trip to Sunnydale, in his opinion they were all better off staying away. But he didn't want to voice his fears to Buffy. The fact of the matter was that Rupert Giles was the only person he would think of returning for and he intended to find out why Giles wanted them all there.

Spike dug through the desk for the Buffy's phone book and found Gile's number. The phone rang once before the familiar voice answered, "Giles, this is Spike."

"Hello, Spike. Is everything okay, Buffy?" Giles sounded tired with a hint of worry in his voice.

"Buffy's fine. I wanted to ask you the same thing though, is everything okay? Why is it so important that we all go to Sunnydale."

"Spike I just need to talk to you all, Sunnydale seemed like the perfect spot for us all to meet." Giles spoke pleasantly.

"I think there is more to it, Giles. I want to know so if its bad I can be ready to be there for Buffy." Spike explained patiently.

"Spike, I... I think it would be best if this waits until I"m there." Giles sighed.

"I have a pregnant wife to think about, if there is something going on I want to be prepared. Is there something we need to know, do you need Buffy's help with something? Is something bad going down - because it's not just Buffy now, there is a baby to consider, and I won't have her put in danger for the stupid Council." Spike's voice rose slightly but he lowered it quickly so he wouldn't wake Buffy.

"Spike, I would never put Buffy in danger, how could you even think that?" Giles temper flared, his free hand balled into a fist. It was always this way with Spike where Buffy was concerned, his only thought of taking care of her, on one hand it angered Giles, on the other it showed him that Buffy was safe with Spike and always would be and that was a somewhat comforting thought now.

"You've let the Council talk you into things before, things that weren't always best for Buffy, she told me about her 18th birthday and I remember that during the Glory fiasco - you pointed out to her that Dawn wasn't really her sister. It was like you thought she could harm Dawn." Spike was on a roll and even though he knew Giles loved Buffy like a daughter, his own protective instinct of her was on overdrive.

"Spike, this has nothing to do with the Council! I'm coming to Sunnydale because I need the closure! Damn it." Giles spit the words through the phone.

"Closure?" Spike frowned at the phone, he didn't like the sound of that at all.

"I'm dying, Spike."

Spike put the phone down on the desk, he could still hear Giles calling his name, after a minute he raised the phone back to his ear. "Spike, are you still there?" Giles asked with a small amount of irritation.

Spike answered softly, "I'm sorry, yes I'm here."

"Are you okay?" Giles asked not used to the quiet Spike.

"Actually I was thinking that I wish you had told me another apocalypse was coming - that Buffy could deal with... this, I'm so very sorry Rupert." Spike sighed.

"I wanted to tell Buffy, everyone in person. I'm not sure how much longer I have." Giles answered his tone softer now.

"There's nothing they can do?" Spike asked sadly.

"Nothing can be done, save a bone marrow transplant, my blood family isn't able and the chances of an outside donor are right at zero, I've accepted it but I want to see my other family." Giles sighed softly.

"How is Emily?"

"She's doing well, upset but she is a strong woman, she'll be okay. When I'm gone, you must keep in touch with her, you must let her know the baby okay?" His voice cracked slightly.

"Of course, Rupert." Spike heard noises coming from the bedroom, "I better go, Buffy doesn't know I called. Thank you for telling me."

"Your welcome I will see you day after tomorrow." Giles hung up the phone and went to the bookcase pulling out a photo album.

He groaned at a picture of himself, snapped by Buffy, he was sure. He sat at the desk in the library, in his tweed jacket, a frustrated look on his face. He must have been trying to get her to pay attention to something he was saying and failing as usual.

There were pictures of the shy Willow a small smile on her face as she typed away on a keyboard, Xander over her shoulder. Willow coming out of her shell with Oz at her side. A strong woman with powers beyond her knowledge, he sighed at the photo of Willow and Tara serene smiles on their faces. Grim memories of Willow's loss of control came over him suddenly, Sunnydale held good and bad memories for them all. His most recent picture of Willow was a staff photo from Harvard, she was smiling brightly and looked nowhere old enough to be teaching college students. Still a lovely young woman he hoped she would find the happiness that eluded her.

Xander's page showed him hamming for the camera in several photos, in one he was between his girls, Buffy and Willow smiling brightly. The clowning hid the bravery in that boy, Giles knew how strong Xander really was. There were more pictures of him with Cordy and Anya. His more recent pictures showed the family man, a wedding photo and then baby pictures of the girls and family portraits of them every year. Xander had become everything his father wasn't - an exceptional husband and father. Giles only wish was that he would tell Amanda about Sunnydale, he knew that sometimes Xander had nightmares of things that happened way back when and he knew Amanda could help him face them.

Anya stood with Xander in early photos, you could see how happy she was to be included with the gang. Giles would never forget her explicit descriptions of she and Xander's ... private life. She could always be counted on to be forthright and he missed being in business with her sometimes still. Her recent pictures included her wedding to Todd and of course pictures of Sam.

Dawn was the subject of the next page. The first pic of her was while Joyce was sick, she was sullen as she sat in the Magic Shop waiting for Buffy. Another picture was taken the summer that Buffy was... gone. Dawn sitting on a lawn chair in the backyard of Revello Drive, looking as if she had lost her best friend, he supposed at that point she had. That went down as the worst Summer in history for him. But a picture of Dawn in a graduation gown clutching a diploma made him smile, and then the wedding pictures with Jeremy brought back his smile.

The last page was dedicated to the girl who would be his daughter if he could have chosen one. He turned the page in the album to find a several Buffy pictures, the first one not long after she came to Sunnydale. Pre Angel days, he could tell by her eyes. After the Angel incident her eyes held a certain sadness that came of knowing too much pain at a young age. She carried that look for several years and then came Spike. Giles shook his head when he thought of the former vampire that was married to his Buffy. He wasn't sure if he would ever think Spike was good enough for her, but weren't all fathers like that? He did make her happy there was no doubt about that and the more recent photos of Buffy proved it. Her eyes shone with love and contentment nowadays. Her simple wedding had been beautiful, the love between she and Spike shone brighter then any amount of decorations could have. In the pictures Spike's expression was pure joy, the little boy who finally won the best prize.

Giles wondered for a moment how Buffy would react to his own death, death, she loved him, he knew that, he often took comfort in that. Would she hold her grief in the way he had when she died, the way he had to so that he could get the others through it? He had envied Spike that night, he had broken down completely and had to dragged away from the body. He shed his tears in private, he remembered finally having a moment alone after that terrible night. He had sat down in Buffy's bedroom and cried, loudly, great big sobs and tears rolling down his face. She was gone, his slayer, his friend, the girl he had a father's love for. When the others returned he put back on his stoic face and helped them plan Buffy's burial. The only other time he had cried as hard was after seeing her the first time when she came back. It was true what his grandmother had said when his Uncle died so long ago, 'parents aren't supposed to bury their children. Children are supposed to bury their parents'... at least he was getting that part right for Buffy.

Now she was to have a baby, a son if the ultrasound was correct. He was not sure if he would ever get to see the baby and the more he thought about it the angrier he got. He already loved the child as if it was his own flesh and blood grandchild. What had he done to deserve this? He'd fought the good fight and this was his reward, dying young and leaving his family, the woman he loved? With a burst of angry energy he threw the album, knocking over the table lamp and sending it crashing to the ground.

Emily found him sitting on the floor huge tears running down his face as he picked up the pictures that had fallen from the album and tried to put them in some order. She sat beside him and lovingly helped him put them back in order, "You'll want these in order so we can add new ones from the trip." She held back her own tears as she said a silent prayer that he would make it back from the trip, "Why don't you go rest for a little while."

"I'm not sleepy." He grumbled as she helped him to his feet.

"So we won't sleep then." She winked at him as she turned towards the bedroom.

He gave her a smile, his Emily, oh how he would miss her.


Spike had decided to work at home today after his talk with Giles. He couldn't get it out of his head... Giles was dying? Buffy, this was going to be so hard for her, with Joyce gone and a strained relationship with Hank, Giles was the one she considered to be the babies only Grandparent. She still called him for advice and he was always there for her. He would miss the former Watcher too, they had a grudging relationship sometimes, but both men knew that in thier hearts they loved Buffy and wanted what was best for her.

Buffy had smiled when he made her breakfast and watched some morning shows with her that morning. Spike seemed a little clingy this morning, not wanting to let her out of his sight, but that was okay with her. Overprotective Spike could be very sweet. She knew that he would never tell her but he dreaded the Sunnydale trip. Sunnydale always made Spike remember what he once was and brought up painful memories.

For Buffy, Sunnydale would always be a special place, yes there was heartache, more then anyone should ever suffer. But there were good memories there too, Xander and Willow and Giles and yes, Angel, you don't forget you first love. And then there was Spike... the big bad Spike and after Spike, truth be known she loved both, and if he had never come to Sunnydale, they wouldn't be where they were now. She ran her hand over her belly as their son made his prescence known.


"It's in the back of the closet." Buffy pointed at a suitcase wedged in between several old purses and shoe boxes.

"Fine, I'll trudge in their and get it, you own way too many shoes, you know that right?" Spike grumbled as he pulled out the suitcase toppling several shoe boxes in the process.

"You can never have too many shoes, Spike." She told him as she frowned at the toppled boxes.

He quickly righted the boxes and silently wondered when he had become such a lap dog. Oh yeah, when I fell in love with her, that's when. He laughed out loud at that thought.

"What's so funny?" Buffy asked as she pulled clothes from the dresser drawer to pack.

He pulled her against him and wrapped his arms around what was left of her waist, burying his head in her hair, he tried to think of something to tell her, he settled on a Giles memory, a funny one. "I was just remembering the first time that Giles came to visit us after we got married."

Buffy turned around to face him, "That wasn't funny, Spike. We traumatized poor Giles."

"If you had been quiet he would have never rushed in to bathroom." Spike gave her a sly grin," I can still see his face when he flung open the door and found you trying to adjust your towel around you. you were blushing everywhere, and I mean everywhere. And me behind you, naked as the day I came into the world."

"If you hadn't *bothered* me in the shower, it would have never happened." Buffy pressed her finger into his chest.

"Hey, I wasn't used to him being here and anyway," He leaned forward and kissed her ear, "You like to be bothered in the shower." He moved his lips to hers. He wished he could kiss it all away for, but he realized that some things in life just can't be kissed and made better. Buffy had lost so many people who were close to her, he wondered if she could take this last blow.


Xander, are you ready?" Amanda asked as she got the girls backpacks ready to go to her sisters house. She smiled at her husband as he picked up the baby and flew her around the kitchen making airplane noises. He was such a good father, a good man. They were a very happy famly but she knew there was something dark about Xander, about his childhood, things he wouldn't talk about even to her. And though he seemed excited to see his friends and Giles, she could see the tension in his eyes about the trip to Sunnydale. She had only been once before and that was for his mother's funeral. She had been pregnant with their first child when he father had died the year before. He didn't talk much about his biological family, Mr. Giles and his tight knit group of friends from high school were his family.

"Yeah, I'm ready." He took a look around his house as if it might be his last, going to Sunnydale always brought out the worst in him, the last time he had been was four years ago to bury his mother who had died in a car accident. He made a mental note to stop by the cemetary and put some flowers on his parents graves. A small wave of guilt passed over him a the thought of the untended graves. His father had been a hard man and a hard drinker, he had died from cirrhosis. His mother followed a year later in a car accident, in that year following his father's death, Xander had had tried to reconcile with his mother but it was too late, she died a bitter and lonely woman. Xander had vowed to never follow in thier footsteps, he would be the best father to his children and he was.

"You be good for Aunt Kari, I love you." Xander knelt next to the little girls and gave each a kiss on the forehead.

"I love you too," Sarah and Andie said in unison, dark curls shining.

The baby Jana pulled on his hair and smiled at him from her aunt's arms. "Daddy loves you too." Xander kissed the baby's nose.

He and Amanda waved at the girls as they drove off for the airport. "What do you think Mr. Giles wants to tell us?" Amanda asked as she adjusted her seatbelt.

"I don't know, he's being mysterious guy. It will be nice to see everyone though. It's been awhile." Xander smiled remembering last Thanksgiving when Buffy and Spike and Willow had come for the holiday. Buffy had felt sick to her stomach most of the trip and when she had returned home found out she was pregnant. He and Spike had become tenative friends, Xander wasn't sure he would ever completely trust Spike just out of habit.

"When was the last time we were all together? I think it was Dawn's wedding two years ago. Dawn looked so pretty." Amanda smiled at the memory.

"Yeah she was all grown up, no more little Dawnie."

"It's sad that she can't have children though. Maybe she and Jeremy will adopt?" Amanda sighed.

Xander only nodded, "Yes it's sad." He wasn't sure how to explain that Giles was certain Dawn's infertility had to do with her former keyness, he sighed to himself, one more thing he kept from his wife, not certain she would understand the way Dawn had come to them.

Xander parked the truck at the Airport long term parking and they boarded the plane for Sunnydale.


Jeremy put the bags in the car as Dawn locked up the house. "I'm looking forward to Sunnydale, it's neat to see where you grew up." He told her as she got into the car.

"It's okay, I guess. Small town compared to LA though." Dawn scooted closer to him.

"I've always liked the peacefulness of a small town."

Dawn shook her head slightly if only he knew how unpeaceful Sunnydale had once been. She didn't share those stories with him though, it's not that she didn't love him enough to tell him it's just that how do you explain to your husband that you were dropped into your family as a fourteen year old and before that you were a glob of green glowing energy? She answered "I guess small towns do have their advantages." Like having lots of wooded places to hide dead monsters, only someone raised by a slayer sister would have considered that an advantage she sighed to herself.


Willow checked her baggage and kissed Greg goodbye. She noticed that he was standing at the window as she boarded the plane, trusty lap top in her hand. He stood there as long as she could see the window, how very sweet. She had told no one about Greg, mabye because she hadnt' been sure at the beginning or maybe because she wanted him all to herself. The Scoobies had been such an integral part of each other's lives that sometimes it was nice to have someone to yourself awhile, like with Tara in the beginning.

Willow had not returned to Sunnydale since her breakdown. Good ole' Giles had taken her to England and fixed her then she had gone back to LA, even stayed at the Hyperion for a few week s until she found a job and started back to college there. Xander, Buffy and Dawn had visited faithfully and Giles checked on her progress constantly.She had written her parents from England explaining that she was stressed and needed time away. They had come to visit her since the move but they weren't as close as they should be. The Harvard position had been just what she needed, although she had missed her friends so much the first few weeks she had thought about going home.

She was hoping that Giles had good news, but something niggled at her the back of her mind that it probably wasn't and that scared her, she wasn't sure she could face any demons besides her own in Sunnydale.


"We can go to the old Magic Shop and check on it while we are in Sunnydale." Anya told Todd as they settled into thier seats for the flight.

"You miss that place don't you?" Todd asked with a smile.

"I miss the Magic Shop because it was my first business, but I don't miss Sunnydale." Anya held his hand tightly as the plane took off, she was scared to fly - teleporting was much easier but that mode of transportation was from a whole different lifetime. A lifetime Todd had no knowledge of.


"What did you pack in this thing?" Spike asked as he carried the suitcase to the car.

"You watched me pack." Buffy shook her head at him as she got in on the passenger side.

"I swear you slipped bricks in when I wasn't looking." He grinned at her as he slid into the driver's seat.

"Tell me again why we aren't going in my new car?" Buffy asked Spike as he started the ancient Desoto.

"Because luv, this is the car we go to Sunnydale in, it has a history there." Spike patted her knee and backed out of the driveway. He was trying to keep the trip lighthearted but his heart was heavy with Gile's impending news.

A couple of hours later, they approached the 'Welcome to Sunnydale' sign. "Should I run it down for old times sake?" Spike raised an eyebrow at Buffy.

"Not this time." She yawned, "I'm a little tired. You think I have time for a nap before we meet everyone?"

"I think so, in fact we're probably the first to arrive." Spike pulled into the parking lot of the Suunydale Inn.

"Here's our key and I was right, we are the first ones here. I expect Dawn and Jeremy will be next. We have a message from Giles, I guess he left them for everyone. We are to meet in the private dining room here at six o'clock for dinner." Spike told her as he got the bag from the car.

"That gives me four hours, I can go to the cemetary and take my nap." Buffy followed Spike into the room and sat on the end of the bed. She tried to bend over to take her shoes off, then laughed when she couldn't quite make it.

"Let me do that for you." Spike eased her back up on the bed and untied her shoes for her, taking them off he gave each foot a quick massage, before he was done she was already sleeping.

He kissed her on the forehead, Ahh... Buffy, I'm so sorry for what you are about to go through.


"This is a nice room." Emily told Giles as they unpacked, "So you checked - Buffy and Spike are the only ones here yet?"

"Yes, I made sure to leave the message about dinner for everyone." Giles lay down on the bed and closed his eyes.

"Are you sure you don't want to tell Buffy and Dawn together?" Emily asked she knew Giles was close to all of his 'children' but Buffy was his special one and perhaps the blow might be lessened if Dawn and Spike were with her.

"No, I want to tell them all together." Giles sighed, "I think I'll nap a bit now."

"You do that sweetheart." Emily kissed his brow and watched him sleep her heart in her throat. It was all so unfair.

The phone rang in the room and Spike rushed to answer it. Buffy was still napping and he wanted her well rested for tonight. "Hello." He answered the phone softly, "She's taking a nap, Niblet."

"No, I'm up." Buffy opened one eye, "Is that Dawn?"

Spike nodded, "Wait, here she is Nib." He handed the phone to Buffy as she sat up on the bed.

"We got in a couple of hours ago... uh huh..okay, I'll meet you in a few minutes." Buffy hung up the phone and stood'Dawn and I are going to the cemetary, she brought some flowers for mom's grave."

"Want me to go with you?" Spike asked as he followed her towards the bathroom.

"You don't have to, Dawn and I can go. But thanks for asking." She stopped and kissed his cheek on the way out of the bathroom.

"Help me with these shoes?" She smiled at him as she sat on the foot of the bed and he put he shoes on for her. He felt the urge to hug her very tightly before she left, when he let go he kissed her on the forehead, "We'll be back soon, I promise." Buffy smiled at him and left.

Spike picked up the phone and called the front desk, yes Mr. and Mrs. Giles had checked in. Spike sighed and grabbed the door key, he needed to make a visit to room 315.

"Which one do you think that is?" Emily smiled at Giles as she went to answer the door. Giles stood tiredly and followed her.

"Spike." Giles greeted the blond man.

"Come on in." Emily led Spike into the room and closed the door.

Spike smiled at her, "Hello, Emily. You look good."

Emily blushed slightly, "Thank you."

Spike then turned his attention to Giles, he wished he could same the same for the former Watcher. Giles was thin, much to thin for a man of his size and his paleness rivaled Spike's own from back in the day. Buffy would know, all of them would know something was up as soon as they saw him tonight. "Rupert, how are you?" He extended his hand to the older man.

Giles gripped Spikes and shook it firmly, "I've been better." He motioned for Spike to take a seat as he sat down. "Now where is Buffy?"

"She's gone to the cemetary with Dawn. They have flowers for Joyce's grave."

Giles nodded and smiled, "They are good daughters." He said the words softly and Spike realized he meant them for Joyce and himself.

"Yes, they are." Spike agreed with him, "Just wait till you see Buffy, she's all soft and round and ... beautiful."

Emily laughed softly, "I bet she is, most women are lovely when they are pregnant and Buffy had a head start on the loveliness." She sat beside Giles and patted his hand, "We will want pictures of him every week, won't we Rupert?" She turned to Giles and smiled.

"Yes... yes we'll want to see every new development." Giles agreed although his voice was filled with an underlying sadness.

Spike noticed the sadness in Giles voice, sometmes life wasn't fair at all, "So are you sure there is absolutely nothing that can be done?"

Giles nodded his head slowly, "Yes I'm sure."

Emily spoke up then, "Actually a bone marrow transplant might help, but we haven't found a match, it's much harder when there is no family members able to donate."

"Emily we've been over this, you have to accept it, they won't find a donor." He placed his hand over hers, "I don't think we should even mention this to everyone."

"But maybe... " Emily's eyes filled with tears as her voice trailed off.

Spike realized this was his cue to leave, "I'm so sorry...for both of you." Standing he went to the door, "I'll see you tonight."


"How do I look?" Buffy turned around in a circle for Spike, this was no small feat considering that her balance was off.

"You look beautiful as always." Spike told her as he buttoned up his shirt.

There was a knock at the door, Buffy let Dawn and Jeremy into the room.

"Are you two ready?" Dawm asked as she sat down.

"Yes, have you seen anyone else?" Buffy asked as they left the room.

"Saw Xander and Amanda while we were walking over, they are doing great." Jeremy answered her.

"I'm anxious to see Willow haven't seen her in ages." Buffy smiled as Spike took her hand.

"This is going to be so nice, everyone together again." Dawn exclaimed as the reached the dining room door.

Spike inwardly sighed, wish it was going to be that way, Niblet.


"Hey! Look at you!" Willow hugged Buffy as tightly to her as she could, patting Buffy's bulging tummy.

"Willow, I've missed you." Buffy pulled away from her friend, "How are you?"

"I'm good. Any idea's whats up with Giles?" Willow asked as she spotted Xander and waved excitedly.

"No clue," Buffy answered as Xander and Amanda approached them. Anya and Todd not to far behind. Hugs were exchanged and everyone touched Buffy's belly before they went into the dining room.

Giles stood at the head of the large table. He put on a brave front but Spike could see how tired he was. Buffy looked towards her 'father' and frowned, she whispered to Spike, "He doesn't look good, Spike. I can tell something's wrong. Is that why he's here?" Buffy's voice cracked slightly.

"Pet, you have to let him tell you when he's ready if something is wrong." Spike clasped her hand tightly as she moved towards Giles.

Giles smiled brightly when he saw Buffy coming towards him, he pulled her into a hug then pulled away to get a better look at her, smiling he told her, "Spike was right, you do look round..." Buffy glared at Spike which was not unnoticed by Giles, he hurriedly finished, "And beautiful."

She smiled at Spike and then back at Giles, tears springing to her eyes, "It's good to see you." She hugged him again, "You too, Emily." She released Giles deciding she could question him later and hugged Emily.

A line was forming behind the small pregnant blond, as the Scoobies filled the room. Whispers of worry could be heard in the small group as they took in the sight of the weakened Giles.

Each took their turn at the hugs and handshakes and then they sat down for their dinner. The consversation at the table was animated and punctuated with lots of laughter. Giles watched contentedly as his family relayed stories from their lives, Willow confessed she was seeing someone new, a man named Greg and she smiled when she said his name, good on you Willow. And Anya and Todd showed pictures of Sam and told about the new store she was opening. Xander and Amanda had lots of pictures and many cute stories to tell about living with three girls. Dawn was happy working as a Counsellor at a high school and Buffy - his pride and joy was simply glowing with the prospect of motherhood, Spike sitting beside her the very proud papa, Spike who had been a thorn in his side for all these years had made good, Giles would never admit it, but a copy of Spike's latest book was in his bag back in the room. They were all doing well, they didn't really need him anymore, hadn't really needed him for years now. He smiled at them all, it was okay for him to go now.

As dessert was finished, Giles stood up to get everyone's attention. "I want to say first off that this has been a wonderful evening. It's good to see each and everyone of you. And to see you so happy. I know you are wondering why I called you here together." He took a deep breath and Emily stood up to take his hand in hers before he continued, "I know that I don't exactly look like myself and there is a reason for that," His voice became softer, "I am dying, there's no way to put it nicely. I'm not sure how much longer I have and I wanted to see you all, to tell you goodbye in person." Tears rolled down his face now and Emily softy sobbed beside him.

Buffy was the first to react, she stood awkwardly "NO! That can't be true, there has to be something." She was crying now and her voice rising and shaky.

Spike was by her side in a split second, he put his arm around and helped her sit down again. He kneeled beside the chair and stroked her hair, offering her a drink of water while everyone watched seemingly unable to speak. For several moments the room was completely quiet except the sound of Buffy and Emily's sobbing.

Xander finally spoke, "Giles... there has to be something?" He sounded like a lost little boy, Amanda held on to his arm, her eyes filled with tears of her own.

"I'm afraid not." Giles replied as Emily helped him to sit down.

Dawn rushed to Giles and hugged his tightly her tears thouroughly wetting his shirt. "You can't Giles... first mom and no!" Jeremy pulled his wife back to her seat and held her close to him.

"I'm so sorry." Giles started but was interrupted by Anya.

"Willow!!! Willow can fix it, it's been a long time since she used magic! She can do somethingnow without going bad right?" Anya blurted out the words before she realized. Jeremy, Todd and Amanda looked at her as if she had grown a second head. Willow looked on in horror as Todd tried to calm his wife, "I know you're upset Anya... but. honey you aren't making sense." He held her tightly.

"Giles, there is always new research going on, so there's always a chance. I have access to all kinds of information through the med school, if I can ask whats the diagnosis?" Willow stood and approached Giles fresh tears in her eyes, but still research girl till the bitter end. He gave her a small smile, "Aplastic anemia, Willow. Thanks for the offer but I don't think it will help."

Buffy sat quietly now, Spike's arm around her. Giles walked towards he cautiously as if she was a wounded animal, his poor little slayer, his child by choice, she had lost so many and now he was adding to her pain. He took her hand in his, "Buffy, if I could have spared you losing another person I would, but this is life, we are born and we die. I've lived a good life, surrounded by people I love and who love me back even when I don't deserve it It's my time to die, just as it will soon be time for this little boy, " Giles lay his hand on Buffy's tummy, "to be born, that's how it works. You're going to lose someone you love but you are going to gain someone to love too." He kissed the top of her head as she gave him a small watery smile.

He faced the group at the table again, "I love you all and I want to spend more time with each of you before we all go our separate ways. But tonight took alot out of me, I need to go rest. But I want us to all meet tomorrow maybe take a tour of Sunnydale. I love you all, goodnight." Giles reached for Emily's hand as came to him and they left the room together.

The dining room was quiet and Emily and Giles made thier exit, Emily turned and smiled bravely at the group of friends, "We'll see you tomorrow."

When Dawn had calmed down she rushed to Buffy her worry for Giles now transferred to her sister. "Buffy are you okay?" Spike was helping Buffy out of her chair, Buffy nodded at the sister. "Yes I"m okay."

"I'm going to take her to our room." Spike told her as he turned to the others, "We'll see you all tomorrow?"

The room was suddenly filled with voices again. "Yes we'll be here," Xander told him as he watched Buffy worriedly,"Get some rest Buffy." Buffy looked at him blankly and nodded her head.

"Do you need anything?" Willow asked.

"We'll be fine." Spike told them as he led Buffy out the door of the dining room.

Anya called after them, "Make her some tea, that will make her better. That works for me" She sat down and added softly, "It always reminds me of Giles."

"Will she be okay?" Willow turned to Dawn.

"Yes, she will. It's a terrible shock for her, for all of us," Dawn's lower lip trembled, "But he always knows how to make her feel better."

"Yeah, I guess he did." Xander said absently as he stood taking Amanda's hand, "I think we'll go to our room too, this is all... too much right now. We'll see you all tomorrow."

Goodnights were said and everyone went back to their rooms with heavy hearts. What had started out as a happy reunion had turned into a nightmare.


"Rupert, are you going to be okay?"

"Yes, Emily, I guess I didn't realize how hard it was going to be." Giles told her from the bed.

"Of course it was hard. They all love you very much." Emily told him as she lay down beside him, "I think it's unfair that you won't even mention the transplant possibility to them."

"Emily - we've discussed this."

"Yes we have, and you are a stubborn man, you may want to just accept that there isn't a donor, but I don't want to lose you!" Her voice rose as she held back tears, "It's all well and good for you to be accepting, I'm the one who'll be left behind."

He pulled her close to him, "I'm sorry, Em. I'll think about telling them."

"You will?"

He smiled at her and smoothed back her hair, "Yes I will."


"Buffy, honey, I want you to lay down, okay?" Spike gently helped her to sit on the bed, he took off her shoes for her and helped her into a nightgown. She didn't speak the entire time. Finally when he lay down next to her, she lay head on his chest and let it all go, large tears rolled down on to his chest. He patted her back and let her cry.

"He can't die, Spike." Buffy snuffled as the crying started to lessen.

"I'm sorry, pet. So sorry." He continued to run his hands through her hair and murmur comforting words until she dropped off to sleep.

A couple of hours later, he awoke to find himself alone in the bed. He called for Buffy but there was no answer. He got up to search the small room, she was nowhere to be found and her clothes from earlier were gone from the chair, replaced by her nightgown. Panic seized him as he threw on his own clothes. Where was she? He headed towards Dawn and Jeremy's room. Maybe she went there?

He stopped at the door of Dawn's room. The lights were out, Dawn and Jeremy probably snuggled in bed sound asleep. His mind raced where could she be? He frowned as the realization of where his wife was hit him. There was someone here, in Sunnydale, that Buffy would go to see in a time of crisis. Surely she wouldn't have gone there this late at night alone? He got in the car and drove towards the cemetary.

As he parked the car he began to scan the cemetary for her, he walked towards a familiar section of the cemetary and relief washed over him when he saw Buffy sitting by her mother's grave. He called her name softly, "Buffy, it's me." She turned to face him, "I had a feeling you would show." She calmly replied. Standing she placed one hand on her mother's stone. "You knew, didn't you?" She asked him with a sigh, "I mean before the rest of us knew."

He nodded and answered simply, "Yes, I knew."

She sighed again and looked at him sadly, "I thought we were beyond the keeping things from each other thing."

"I had to know what was going on. I was afraid for you, for the baby. So I called to make sure he wasn't needing your help in some kind of battle." Spike explained no small amount of fear in his voice, the old fear that sometimes crept up on him, the fear she would one day decide that he wasn't good enough human or not and leave him.

"And if he had asked me for help?" Buffy raised her eyebrow at him.

"I would have told him to shove off, you have a baby to worry about now." Spike told her honestly, if she was going to be angry at him, it might as well be over him protecting her.

She thought about this for a moment and then granted him a smile, "You really would have, wouldn't you?"

"Yes, I would have." Spike smiled back at her as his tone turned serious, "What would you have done?"

She placed her hand on the bulge under her blouse, "I would have told him I would help him anyway I could without putting our child in danger."

Spike sighed with relief, "So were you telling your mom about Giles?" He nodded towards Joyce's headstone.

"Yes." Buffy turned to look at the stone again, "I suppose Giles will be buried in England."

"I suppose he will be, pet." Spike put his arm around her and she leaned into him.

"So I won't even have a grave to visit." The tears started again as she held tightly to Spike, "I can't believe he's ... not going to be here, or at least a phone call away."

"I know, luv. But we have to be strong for him now." Spike told her as he walked her back to the car.

"I just wish there was some miracle out there." Buffy replied wearily.


"Dawn, do you want to check on Buffy again?" Jeremy asked as he went to brush his teeth.

"No, Spike is probably putting her to bed. If he needs me, he'll call." Dawn stood at the door of the small bathroom looking very young and very scared.

Jeremy finished brushing his teeth and went to her, pulling her into his arms and running his fingers through her hair much like Buffy used to when they were growing up. "I'm so sorry, Dawn."

She cried against him for a long time, before he finally picked her up and carried her to the bed, gently tucking her in.


"Xander, come on sweetheart." Amanda helped her husband into the bed, he had come back to the room with her for an hour or so and then told her he was taking a walk. He had arrived back at the hotel room very drunk.

"Nothing good ever happens when I come back here... nothing good." Xander sighed as she helped him into the bed, "I'm sorry 'Manda. Sorry I drank." He told her before he fell asleep.

Amanda watched him sleeping, she was totally confused, since she had known Xander she had never even seen him drink a beer. He stayed away from alcohol, afraid of turning out like his father. She sighed and pushed his hair from his eyes as he slept, the news about Mr. Giles... well it was going to be like losing a father all over again.


"Anya, what did you mean about magic and Willow?" Todd asked as they dressed for bed.

"It was nothing, Todd. Just that Willow played with being a Wicca way back in high school and I guess after hearing about Giles. I just want him better." Anya looked at he husband through red rimmed eyes.

"I know you do, sweetheart. But magic? And what did you mean about her going bad?" He pulled back the blanket and crawled into the bed.

"I...I don't Todd. I'm tired, okay?" She told him as she climbed in next to him, "Goodnight."

"Goodnight." He told her as she snuggled closer to him.


Willow had gone back to her room and called Greg after a tearful conversation, she hung up the phone and took her laptop in hand. She was going to find out everything she could about aplastic anemia.

After an hour of searching and reading, she was distressed at what she found, if Giles had gone throught the traditional treatments with transfusions and drug therapy and was still no better and bone marrow transplant was his only option left. The only problem was that it might be difficult to find a match for him. She was sure that Giles already knew this and that was why he didn't mention the treatment. Well tomorrow everyone would know and that tour of Sunnydale that Giles had mentioned - if she had her way it would be a tour of Sunnydale General Hospital. It might be a small chance that one of the scoobies would match but she knew they would all be willing to take that risk.


Buffy unwrapped herself from Spike when the phone rang. It took a moment to realize she wasn't in her own bed. She looked around the room for the phone, naturally it was on Spike's side of the bed. She sat up and awkwardly leaned over him to reach it. "Hello." She mumbled as she looked at the bright red numbers flashing 6:25 am on the clock next to the phone.

"Buffy, I know it's early, but I couldn't sleep any longer. I've been looking up Aplastic Anemia, it's not good, but there is one thing we can do." Willow stopped to take a breath.

"Slow down Willow, what can we do?" Buffy asked anxiously.

"Giles didn't tell the complete truth, he has a chance if he can find a matching bone marrow donor. Now it's a long shot but at least some of us could have out marrow tested." Willow's voice softened, "Maybe one us by a miracle might match?"

"That's a great idea, Willow. Why don't you call the others and we'll meet for breakfast and then we'll tell Giles." Buffy hung the phone up with a smile, maybe, maybe it was their turn for a miracle. She turned to Spike and watched him sleep for a moment before she began to trail kisses down his chest, he awoke with a smile, she had learned that the kisses were better then an alarm clock everytime.


The Scoobies and spouses crowded into two booths across from each other as Willow explained the bone marrow transplant process. "I'm willing to go to the hospital today and be tested." She smiled at the group.

"I'm in." Xander spoke next. "Me too." Amanda chimed in.

Anya and Todd spoke quietly for a moment, before she turned back to her friends, "We're in too."

"Of course we'll do it!" Dawn held Jeremy's hand in hers.

"I would like to but I'm not sure they will let me." Buffy frowned.

"No, Buffy. We all know you want to but they won't let you do it while you are pregnant." Willow patted Buffy's hand.

"I can do it though." Spike piped in.

Xander's smile dissappeared, "I don't think thats such a good idea, Spike." Everyone turned to look at Xander as he continured, "I mean remember that blood disorder you had a few years ago, we don't know what the residual affects of that are, do we?"

"He has a point." Anya nodded her head.

"Spike is perfectly okay to donate." Buffy replied defensively.

"I'm just saying we really don't know if his blood is... " Xander trailed off not sure how to explain himself.

"Good enough, Harris? Is that the word you're looking for?" Spike stood up from the table, "Let me know if you lot decide it's okay for me to try to help Giles." Spike walked away, some things would never change.

"Spike" Buffy called after him, "That was really uncalled for." She stood and went after her husband.

"So do you think it's okay for me to donate?" Dawn looked pointedly at Xander.

Jeremy lay his hand on his wife's arm, "Of course you can be tested why wouldn't you be able to?"

"Now that you mention it, Dawn." Anya replied.

"Anya!" Todd looked in shock at his wife.

"Well she wasn't always well as a teenager either." Anya covered.

"Anya do you really think you can throw stones at anyone's past - remember yours?" Dawn shook her head.

Todd raised an eyebrow at his wife, what was in her past that he didn't know about?

"Xander?" Amanda looked questioningly at her husband.

"Of course you can be tested, Dawn. I"m sorry." Xander told her sincerely. He was still looking at the door that Buffy had dissappeared through, he knew he should have kept his mouth shut, Spike was human now, Buffy's pregnancy was another proof of that. He wasn't sure why he still wanted to keep Spike on the outside, he had more then proved himself over and over again through the years.

"I'm not the one you owe the apology too." Dawn told him as she stood.

Willow then stood, "I suggest we stop the bickering and get to the hospital. They will be expecting us in about an hour."

"How did you manage that?" Anya asked.

"I can still hack - I got Giles medical records online and sent an email to the doctor from Sunnydale's hospital, they faxed his records and wished him luck." Willow gave a small smile, then her tone was serious again, "Now are we going to help Giles or not?"

"I really wish you wouldn't do this." A voice sounded from behind her, she turned to see Giles, who had just walked in the door.

"We want to do this, Giles. You have to let us." Willow placed her hand on his.

"It's a very uncomfortable procedure and then there are risks if you do match for you. I really can't ask any of you to do this." His eyes were misty.

"You didn't ask." Xander told him.

Giles sat down at the booth then, "I don't know what to say."

"You don't have to say anything, you saved my butt often enough." Xander smiled at the older man.

"Well, that is true." Giles gave him a warm smile, "How did you get my Doctor's name?" He turned to Willow.

"From me." Emily stepped up to the booth behind him, 'She called me last night after you had gone to sleep."

"I should have known." He put his arm tightly around his wife and smiled at her.

"Okay, its settled that tour of Sunnydale starts with the hospital." Willow stood up, "Everyone be there in an hour."

Trying to keep the tension in the room at a minimum for Giles' sake everyone got ready to leave with calm 'see you in an hours'.

Dawn and Jeremy walked out the door, Willow called after her, "Wait a minute, Dawn."

"What's wrong Willow?" Dawn asked worriedly.

"Could you go to talk to Buffy and Spike, I'm sure Xander is just worried he didn't mean anything." Willow sighed.

"Sure, I'll go talk to her. We'll see you at the hospital."

"Dawn, what was all the snapping at each other for? I've never seen any of you go at each other like that before." Jeremy asked as they neared their room, "And you never mentioned being sick alot as a kid. What was Anya talking about?"

"I guess we're all a little worried about Giles. Anya gets upset easily she may think the chicken pox makes me unable to donate." Dawn smiled and put her hand on his cheek, "Don't worry we'll all be okay once Giles is okay. I"m going to talk to Buffy, I'll be back in time to get to the hospital."

"You sure?" He asked as he put his hand over hers.

"I promise." She smiled at him and walked down to Buffy's room.


"Spike." Buffy called after him as she followed him back to the room.

"What?" He snapped at her and immediately felt the guilt, "I'm sorry, Buffy. I shouldn't take it out on you."

"It's okay, I understand your feelings are hurt." She sat beside and put her arm around him laying her head on his shoulder.

"It's not that... well maybe it is. What does it take for me to get fully accepted here? It's been years... and still I'm sitting just on the outside - almost in but not quite with them." He sighed as he took her hand in his and studied the ring on her left hand, "You trusted me enough to love and marry me, why can't Xander?"

"You want Xander to trust you enough to marry you?" She grinned at him, "I'm sorry I couldn't resist."

He gave her a small smile then, "I guess you're the one that counts, huh?"

"Yeah, me and junior." She patted her tummy, "I wish I could tell you why Xander is the way he is is but I can't. I really don't think he meant to hurt you though. He was just being Xander."

"Well, I'm not making a big show of going to the hospital with them, I'll go later and be tested. Is that okay with you?"

"It's fine, I just wish I could go too." Buffy replied wistfully as she stood up.

"Giles' understands he wouldn't want to risk anything happening to the little guy." Spike told her as put his hand on her stomach to be rewarded with a good strong kick.

A knock at the door took his attention from his son as he stood to answer it. "Hey Dawn." He let Buffy's sister in the room.

"Hi, I"m sorry about what happened back there, Willow wanted me to check on you. Spike, you know Xander, he's upset not thinking straight." Dawn shrugged.

"It's okay Dawn, Spike's going to go later and be tested." Buffy explained.

"Oh good, cause Giles needs us all now." Dawn replied relief in her voice. She decided there was no reason for her to mention the snippiness that happened after they left.

"But don't tell Xander." Spike added, "He doesn't have to know."

"Alright I won't tell him. You two are going to be okay?" Dawn asked she got ready to leave.

"We'll be okay." Buffy assured her as she shut the door. Turning to Spike she asked, "Why don't we take Giles and Emily to lunch and maybe visit some of our old haunts while everyone is at the hospital?"

"Old haunts? How appropriate for Sunnydale. That sounds good, lets do it." He picked up the phone to call Gile's room.


"Xander, exactly what was going on in there?" Emily asked as Xander fidgeted with the radio on the rental car.

"I... well, Spike did have blood disease several years ago, I didn't know if it was safe for him to donate marrow. I didn't mean to offend him." Xander sighed.

"Well, it was a little insensitive of you to bring it up like that. And what was up with Anya and Dawn?" Amanda frowned, "It's like you all know these secrets about each other and you have this bond and welll... I feel out of the loop."

Xander pulled the car over, "Amanda, I do know far more about those people then I really want too, and I love them dearly, but you and the girls are my *loop* now."

"I love you, Xander." She kissed him softly, "But it worries me to see you at odds with your friends. You really do need to apologize to Spike."

"I will, when we get back to the hotel." Xander smiled at her as he got back on the road.


"Anya, what is wrong with you? Last night you wanted Willow to use magic of all things to help Giles and today you're saying that because Dawn and Spike have been sick in the past they can't try to help Mr. Giles?" Todd asked as she changed into something comfortable to wear to the hospital.

"I'm upset, Todd. The man who has been like a father to me is dying, okay?" She sounded harsher then she meant too and she knew he didn't deserve that, but she was thinking about Dawn's words, about looking at her own past. A past that her husband knew nothing about.

"Anya, please let me help. I know that you are upset, but it seems to be more then Mr. Giles. Was it what Dawn said about your past?" He rubbed her shoulders and looked over one to see her face in the mirror, "It can't be that bad."

"I was not always a good person, Todd." Anya replied in a small voice.

"Everyone makes mistakes, Anya. You 're a good person now, that's what counts to me and to Sam." He told her as he picked up the car keys from the dresser.

"Thank you." She told him as she kissed his cheek her eyes misty with tears, "Now lets go do this painful thing for Giles."


"They are simply amazing aren't they?" Giles told Emily with fatherly pride when the returned to thier room.

"They love you."

"But to go through the testing. I never expected." Giles sat down on the bed and sighed.

"I knew all along they would do whatever it took no matter how small a chance to help you. They want you around a while longer, just like me." She kissed the top of his head as the phone rang, "Hello. Yes that sounds lovely, let me check iwth Rupert." She put her hand over the reciever, "Rupert , do you want to go have lunch with Buffy and Spike and do some sightseeing while the others are at the hospital."

"Yes, thats a good idea it will keep everyone's mind off of things." Giles smiled at his wife.


Emily and Buffy did some window shopping while Giles and Spike walked behind in a slightly awkward silence. Spike finally spoke, "You know I'm going to the hospital later to be tested"

"Thank you, Spike." Giles told him sincerely, "But I don't want you to feel like you have to."

"I want to. You know do my part," Spike looked down, "And I'd miss you if ... "

Giles smiled at the man beside him, a man he had watched change and grow over the last few years, "Thank you."

"I guess we better catch up with the wives before Buffy finds something to buy for the baby that won't possibly fit in the car." Spike replied nonchalantly as possible.

"What were you two discussing so seriously?" Buffy asked as Spike took her hand.

"Not much, where we gonna eat?" He replied.

"Emily and I saw an ad for a cute little cafe the next street over." Buffy nodded at Emily.

"We thought we might try that if it's okay with you?" Emily added.

"That's fine." Giles told them as the two couples walked towards the cafe.


The nurse at the hospital had never seen so many willing bone marrow donors at once. Their were two doctors that performed the procedure at the hospital. They had decided to do two apiece today and then the remaining two tomorrow. After taking down information from each volunteer she went throught the procedure with tthem and asked who wanted to be first.

"I do." Xander stood up and walked towards the nurse.

"Me too." Amanda stood next to her husband.

"Okay, Mr. Harris, Dr. Shane will be performing your test. Mrs. Harris, Dr. Wilms will be doing yours. Please follow me."

Xander and Amanda followed the nurse and were placed in two standard hospital rooms. Soon a lab tech arrived with the bone marrow tray and the doctor snapped on his gloves and began to explain what he was going to do. They lay on their sides in the bed while the doctor cleaned the area on the back side of the pelvic bone. He then injected the area to numb it.

"Can you feel that Mr.Harris?" The doctor asked as he pressed on the area.

"No Sir." Xander answered.

"We'll proceed then." The doctor used another needle to deliver a bit of anesthesia to the bone and then taking a special needle inserted it in twisting motion into the bone. Xander could hear the needle twisting down into the bone but thankfully didn't feel anything except a bit of pressure. The doctor asked the tech for the syringe and he attached it to the needle inside the bone drawing marrow into the it. He withdrew the syringe and handed it to the tech to take to the lab. He then withdrew the larger needle and bandaged the puncture site. The whole procedure took about 45 minutes. "It's over Mr. Harris. I'm going to let you lay her for a while, the nurse will come and check on you shortly, when you are feeling okay you can go on back to your hotel room. There may be some pain and and bone achiness for a few days."

"Could you please check on my wife, she's in the next room?" Xander asked as the doctor was leaving the room.

"Of course, I'll have the nurse let you know how she is."

"Thank you." Xander sighed as he closed his eyes, he hoped that at least one of them would be a match.


Buffy, Spike, Giles and Emily were finishing lunch as the nurse told Xander that Amanda was doing well and they would be able to leave together , with instructions to take it easy for a couple of days.

The nurse then called Anya and Todd's names.


"I can't believe the old Magic Shop is now a florist." Giles sighed as the stood outside of his former store, staring at the flower arrangements in the window. A large sign pronounced that this was "Bev's Flowershop". Emily patted his shoulder, "Lots of good memories there, Rupert."

"Yes, and some bad ones too, but I guess thats what life is made of ." He turned and took her hand again, smiling at Buffy and Spike, "Let's finish this walking tour, I'm getting just a bit tired now."

"Alright, then next I guess we can go by what used to be the old HIgh School. It's a mini mall now." Buffy shrugged at how things change.


"Anya, you okay?" Dawn asked her as the young woman walked slowly towards her. All angered thoughts mpletely gone now.

"Yes, I'm fine. Todd is coming he's okay too." Anya smiled tiredly at her as Todd walked up.

"We're going to give you a ride back okay?" Jeremey asked the couple

"We'd like that." Todd answered as he put an arm around Anya's shoulders.

"Did it hurt?" Dawn asked hesitantly.

"A little, but they numb you up really well, it's mostly just pressure you feel." Todd explained. Anya nodded, "It's not as bad as I had thought."

"I guess we'll find out tomorrow." Dawn told her as they walked to the car.


The Harris' and the Sim's couples stayed in their rooms and ordered in that night. Willow, Giles and Emily, Dawn and Jeremy stopped in and checked on both couples.

"We should go check on how they're doing?" Buffy told Spike when the retunred to their room after dinner.

"You can." Spike said stubbornly as he sat down and turned on the tv.

"Please, Spike." She asked soflty.

"Fine, maybe Xander is in too much pain to annoy me." He turned the tv off and stood up.

"Spike, " Buffy shook her head at him, "That's not nice."

"I know, but a guy can hope." He grinned ant took her hand in his, "Let's get this over with."

After a quick stop at Anya and Todds room and an assurance that they were okey, Spike braced himself for the next visit. He held tightly to Buffy's hand, she was his strength and with her he could face even Xander Harris. He sighed as he knocked on the door.

"Come on in." Amanda said brightly as she opened the door.

"How are you two feeling?" Buffy pointed the question towards Xander who was lounging on the bed.

"We're good, a little sore and achy but we'll survive." He gave her a small smile.

"We just wanted to make sure you were okay and if you need anything just call." Buffy told Amandawith a smile.

"We better get back , let you rest." Spike added as he walkd towards the door. Buffy nodded and followed him.

"Spike." Xander called after him.

"Yes." Spike stopped and turned around.

"I owe you an apology, I'm sorry for what I said earlier." Xander stood now and walked towards Spike. He stopped in front of him and extended his hand.

Spike looked at Xander and noted the sincerity in his voice and in his expression, he took the offered hand and shook it, "No problem, mate. Everyone is a bit off kilter right now."

Buffy and Amanda both smiled at Xander. "Come on Spike, we better go." Buffy told him and they left the others to get some rest.

"He actually apologized." Spike said the words with a certain amount of awe, "Unbelievable."

Buffy grinned at her husband, "I told you he didn't really mean it. He's just Xander and he sometimes has a hard time forgetting the past. We all do."


The next morning Buffy drove the remaining donor volunteers to the hospital. Dawn and Jeremy went first, thier procedures went as smooth as the ones from the day before had. She drove them back and retunred to the hospital to wait for Spike and Willow to finish up.

Willow hated needles with a passion and she thought to herself that Giles was probably one of the few people in the entire world she would go through this for. She readied herself for the stick of anesthesia and was relieved when she found the others were right, she really only felt a bit of pressure after the initial sting. The results from yesterdays testing would be out today, hopefully one of the was a match. She couldn't quite imagine the world with out Gles in it.

Spike scoffed at the Doctor when he told him he had to rest a bit before he returned to his wife, but he realized that maybe the man was right when he tried to get up. Resting a bit might be a good idea. When the nurse came back in and released him he got up a bit slower and made his way to the waiting room.

Willow was sitting with Buffy on a couch. Buffy's eyes lit up when she saw him and she walked quickly towards him, arms outstretched. He pulled her into a gentle hug, "I'm fine, baby. It's going to be okay." He whispered into her hair.

"Let's get you two back to the hotel." Buffy let go of him and they left the hospital.


The phone rang in Gile's room and he turned off the televiision to answer it, 'Yes this is Rupert Giles... oh... well thank you for calling." He sat the phone back down and sighed.

"Who was that, dear?" Emily asked as she exited the bathroom.

"The hospital, " Giles continued in a soft, sad voice, "No matches friom yesterdays tests, but maybe someone from today's bunch. They'll call me tomorrow afternoon."

Emily fought back the tears as she held on to the man she loved, "Tomorrow will be better, I just know it."


"I'm not an invalid, Buffy." Spike grinned at her as she brought his supper to him in the bed.

"The doctor said for you to rest, I'm making sure you do that." She told him as she fluffed up his pillow again.

"You're doing a great job." Spike smiled at her and took single curl of her hair between two fingers playing with it very gently. "He's gonna be okay, Buffy. I just feel it."

She sighed, "I hope so. I'm going to check on Willow. I'll be right back." She kissed him before she left the room

Spike's supper was interrupted by a phone call, "Yes, Giles. No, she's gone to check on Willow... oh, I see. I'm sure we'll have better luck tomorrow. Yes... bye." He hung up the phone, he dreaded telling Buffy that there were no matches yet.

She came back into the room a half hour later, she could sense that something was wrong as soon as she looked at him, 'What's wrong Spike? Are you okay?"

"Buffy, Giles called... there were no matches yet. But don't worry, luv, we still have four to go." He tried to offer a smile but her pain stopped him, he pulled her close to his chest and let her tears fall on his shirt.


THE NEXT DAY

"I'm glad to see everyone is up and around and feeling okay." Giles tried to sound cheerful as he sat with his extended family around a large table in the dining room. They had all met for lunch , everyone in a somber mood waiting for the results from yesterday's round of testing. "Please, no sad faces, we are together now, let's make the most of it." Giles gave the group a genuine smile then.

"Giles is right as usual, we're together again, lets enjoy the good company." Wlillow lifted her galss of diet soda in a toast. "To friends, old and new."

"To friends... " Was echoed around the table as the Scoobies lifted their glasses.

An hour later when the meal was finished the group dispersed to thier rooms with Giles assuring them he would call the minute he heard from the hospital.


Giles and Emily sat across from each other in the hotel room, each trying to concentrate on the book in front of them. They both kept stealing glances at the phone and when it finally rang, they both jumped.

"Hello." Giles answered calmly.

"Mr. Giles, this is Dr. Shane from the hospital. The results are back from the donor volunteer testin we did yesterday."

"Yes sir." Giles answered numbly. Emily moved to sit by his side.

"Sir, I must tell you this would have been a lot easier if we had known you had a relative among the potential donors."

"Pardon me?" Giles asked in confusion, a relative?

"Yes sir. Mr. Fowler, William Fowler, he must be related he's an excellent match." The doctor continued, "I've contacted your Doctor and he approves of us doing the transfusion asap while you are here in the States. Of course you will want to discuss this with Mr. Fowler and we'll want a bit more blood work on both of you but I think fif everything goes well,,,we could do the procedure day after tomorrow."

"Yes... um...yes, I'll be in touch later today. Thank you." Giles hung up the phone and turned to Emily, "Em... we have a match."

She hugged him tightly before he could finish his sentence, tears ran down her cheeks, "I knew it, I knew there would be a miracle. Who?"

Giles shook his head as if to clear it, "The doctor said the match was excellent like a realtive." He shook his head again.

"Who? Giles?" Emily asked again.

"Spike! My donor match is Spike." Giles told her wtha bemused grin.


"hmmm... " Buffy sighed as she lay spooned against Spike in the bed. He was rubbing small circles on her tummy and feeling the baby move. She was on the verge of falling asleep when their was a knock on thier room door.

Spike frowned, "Wonder who that is?"

"I'll get it you lay here, you're still sore." Buffy rolled over and stood up to answer the door. "Giles come on in."

"Hello, Giles." Spike sat up on the bedside, "Everything okay?"

"Well. yes, I suppose things are okay." Giles smiled strangely at the man on the bed, his former enemy who now had the ability to save his life. A relative the doctor had said, an excellent match, it was amazing.

"Did you hear from the hospital?" Buffy asked worriedly.

"Yes, that's why I'm here." Giles sat in one of the chairs as Buffy sat beside Spike on the bed.

"Is it... bad news?" Buffy asked as tears welled in her eyes.

"No, no, not bad news, they found a match actually."

"I told you it was going to be okay." Spike smiled brightly.

"Who is it?" Buffy asked excitedly.

"Well, it's Spike." Giles shook his head a laughed soflty, "Imagine that."

"Me? I matched." Spike asked in shock.

"Yes, in fact the doctor is convinced you are a relative the match was so close." Giles explained with a smile.

"Spike?" Buffy leaned closer to her husband holding on to his arm tightly, "That's wonderful." She then moved to Giles and hugged him tighlty, "I love you and I wasn't sure how I was going to make it without you," She placed her hand on her tummy, "And the baby needs his grandpa."

Giles eyes became misty as he hugged the girl in front of him, the young woman in front of him, "I'm glad that I'm going to have the chance to be around. But I admit, I've not figured out how it happened yet." Giles told her as he removed his glasses and cleaned them in that old familiar way.

Spike thought for a moment before he replied, "Once you told me I might have a higher purpose, maybe this is it?"

"I don't think I'm worthy of that but thank you." Giles put his glasses back on, "The doctor would like to run a few more blood test on both of us and possibly do the procedure day after tomorrow, is that okay with you?"

"Yes, it's fine. Let's go now." Spike grinned as he stood up.

"I'm not... not sure how to thank you." Giles stuttered slightly.

"You don't have to," Spike told him as Buffy smiled at them both.

"Be back soon." Spike told her as he kissed her cheek.

Buffy watched as two of the most important men in her life walked out the door.


Later that Afternoon...

"I suppose you are all wondering why I've called you here." Giles told the group that was assembled in he and Emily's room. Emily stood beside him smiling brightly. He continued with a grin, "They have a match, Spike is going to be my donor."

"That's wonderful!"

"Great!"

"I knew it was going to be okay"

Words of happiness spread through the room.

"When will they do it?" Xander asked quietly.

"Day after tomorrow, they will call tomorrow with the details. Spike and I went to the hospital for more testing this afternoon." Giles explained.

"I can't tell you how happy I am!" Willow hugged Giles and kissed his cheek.

The former watcher actually blushed, Anya was next in line for a hug and a dose of her brutal honesty, "I'm glad it wasn't me, I really didnt' want to go through that again." The others looked at her and shook thier heads, she quickly added, "But I would have for Giles."

"I know you would have, Anya." Giles smiled as she walked back to Todd, "I am not sure how to thank all of you for being tested. It was very good of you all. Todd, Amanda, Jeremy, I don't know you as well as I would like to , but I do know you make my 'children' very happy and I know you are all giving good people." His voice was filled with emotion.

Dawn watched the others for a few minutes before she went to hug Giles, "I don't know what I would have done without you, you're like a father to me." She whispered through tears. He patted her on the back, "I love you too, Dawn."

Xander watched as the girls each took a turn with Giles, he then approached him. Giles smiled at Xander, "I knew you couldn't go yet. Who else would keep us straight?"

"You are a hard bunch to manage." Giles teased as he uncharecteristically pulled the younger man to him in a hug. Amanda stood beside Xander, she gave Giles arm a friendly squeeze, "It was my pleasure to help. Xander thinks so much of you."


The next day seemed a blur as Giles packed a small bag for his hospital stay, He and Spike had both been back to the hospital for a meeting on what they were both to expect tomorrow. Giles was checking into the hospital tonight and Spike would be there early in the morning. Giles was still in shock that they had found a match, he and Emily had spent part of the morning - celebrating cuddled up in the bed.

The day was spent visiting amongst the Scoobies and a trip to the mall for old times sake.

Todd and Amanda both took note of how uncomfortable Anya and Xander were when they different places were pointed out, both spouse sensed that there was alot of unknown history there.

Dawn carefully measured her reactions to each familiar place they visited and made sure that Jeremy only thought she had good memories of this place, her childhood home.

"They say you will be able to come home tomorrow evening, so I guess you don't really need to pack a bag." Buffy told Spike as she climbed into the bed.

"No need, I go in the morning, a little general anesthesia this time, the doc said they would put me under this time because it might take a couple of hours for the collection. Then they'll observe me and let me go later in the day. Piece of cake, and then they can help Giles." He pulled her close to him.

Buffy lay her head in the crook of his neck and smiled, "Piece of cake." She said sleepily before one last yawn and the steady breathing of a peaceful sleep descended upon her.

Emily sat beside Giles bedside in the hospital room, "Go on back to the hotel, Dear." He told her shaking his head, "I'll be fine."

"No, I'll be okay on this fold out thing, Just get some sleep you have a big day tomorrow."


"Xander, honey. You know I love you right?" Amanda asked from where she sat brushing her hair.

"Yes, why?" Xander replied as he turned down the bedcovers.

"I know that now isn't a good time but later... we have to talk. I think there are things that maybe I need to know...things that happened here in Sunnydale when you were younger?" Amanda lay the brush down and joined him to sit on the bed, she put her hand on his cheek, "I'm going to love you no matter whatever happened back then."

He took her hand and kissed the palm softly, "Amanda... I do love you. Maybe, when this is all over,,, I can tell you all about it."

"I can wait till your ready." She smiled at him as she pulled him down next to her.


Anya paced back and forth in the bathroom, Todd was worried about her and she could tell. He wasn't pushing for information but the day she had dreaded was coming, sooner or later she was going to have to tell him about her past.

She crawled into the bed beside him, tears in her eyes, "Hey, whats wrong?" He asked as she curled up against his chest.

"Everything and nothing." She answered.

"Whatever is bothering you, Anya and I know it's more then Mr. Giles illness, I want to help." He smoothed her hair as he talked.

"I know you do, and someday I'm going to let you." She sighed as he kissed the top of her head and they fell asleep.


"Dawn, I can't help but note the tension with some of the others" Jeremy stripped down to his boxers and got under the covers.

"I guess sometimes your past catches up with you." Dawn sighed as she slipped in next to him, "I'm sure they will all work it out."

"I'm glad we don't have any problems like that." He told her as his lips found hers.

"Yeah, me too." She said in a small voice as she returned the kiss, her mind reeling with thoughts of what he would do if he only knew. She almost laughed out loud when she thought about the couples gathered here, as mismatched as Buffy and Spike had seemed to be, they were the most honest couple here, they were allowed to know completely about the others pasts.


"Yes,,,it is great news. He'll go in tomorrow." Willow twirled the phone cord in her hand as she talked, "Okay, I'll talk to you tomorrow. Bye." She had almost hung the phone up when she heard Greg say her name again, "Yes, Greg?" She put the phone back to her ear. "Yes... I miss you too. Goodnight." She smiled as she climbed into her bed.


The next morning at the hospital the whole extended Scooby Gang gathered in the large waiting area. Buffy sat with Spike in a small room as she waited to be taken for the procedure. The nurse explained that he would be receiving anesthesia through a mask over his face during the procedure, "Have you ever had anesthesia before sir?" She asked as she took his blood pressure and temp.

"No, I'm sure I haven't. I've got a high tolerance for pain most of the time." He grinned at Buffy her hands entwined with his, "You better go now. I'll see you in a couple of hours."

She kissed his forehead and met Giles in a wheelchair being rolled into the room by Emily. She stopped and gave his hand a squeeze before she left the room, giving Spike one last wave she walked out the door..

Emily parked her husband at the bedside and went to wait outside the room. Giles cleared his throat and began to speak, "I'm not sure what to say, I just want to thank you again and to say that whether this works or not, I will always remember your kindness and generosity."

Spike shook his head and gave Giles a trademark smirk, "Nothing is going to happen to you, Giles. If it did, Buffy would probably want to name the baby after you, and no son of mine is going through life called Little Rupert."

Spike laughed and Giles joined in, "Now don't worry about anything. You're getting some quality merchandise here, you'll be fine in no time."

"It's time." The nurse told Spike as she helped him into a wheelchair of his own and took him to the procedure room.

Spike was moved to a bed where an anesthiologist put an iv in his arm and a mask over his face, "Take a deep breath and count backwards for me." The man told him , Spike did as he was told and soon he was out. He was carefully placed on his stomach and the doctor made the incisions in each of his iliac crests to insert the special needles. He began to draw out the precious marrow. An hour and a half later the doctor, handed the sample to the nurse and cleaned up and dressed the incision. Spike was carefully turned back over and the mask removed from his face.

After a few minutes the nurse tried to rouse him, "Mr. Fowler, Mr. Fowler." She patted his face lightly. She waited a few more minutes and tried again. She turned to the doctor who was washing his hands, "Dr. Shane somethng isn't right, he's not waking up."

The doctor immediately turned to Spike, checking his respirations and pulse he pulled out a small light and opened one of Spike's eyes, "This isn't common but it happens, I think it's a reaction to the anesthesia. He seems to be in a light coma. I'm sure he'll snap right out of it. But we need to tell his wife."

"Which one is she?" The nurse asked "I'll go get her."

"The little pregnant blonde." The doctor sighed, he hoped that he was right and that Spike would snap out of this on his own. "I'll tell her we are admitting Mr. Fowler to the ICU and then we'll start the transfusion process on Mr. Giles."

More

<< back