"All The White Horses"

Author: Serena
Email: Reeni928@aol.com
Notes: Yes, I know that this has been done about five million times. Yes, I know everyone's probably sick of reading the same story. It's just been floating around in my head and we all know how annoying muses can be. The song used in this story is called "Winter" and is property of Tori Amos.
Dedication: To Michelle, just because. *g* See? I told you that smut scene inspired me. Also to Anja, who always sends the sweetest feedback. And Shirl, adopted mom o' mine, happy belated birthday.


When you gonna make up your mind?
When you gonna love you as much as I do?
When you gonna make up your mind?
'Cause things are gonna change so fast...

"Don't. Just kiss me."

And with her words, it was sealed. They had reached the point of no return; there was no turning back now, no time for second thoughts. They were going somewhere, somewhere neither of them had been before, and they were going there together. She was young and in love for the first time and he, although having been with countless women before her, had never felt this away about anyone before.

The kiss they shared held memories of what had been and promise of what was to come. All she had to do was lean into him and he was drawing her down into his bed, into a haven of silk and satin and him. They needed this, needed each other, needed to express their love and bask in the reassurance the other offered. It was time.

Her tiny hands clutched at him, trying to draw him closer, to make him go faster. He resisted with a chuckle and breathed in her scent again as he leaned over to kiss her. His cool mouth melted against her hot one and she moaned, his hands tangled in her silky locks, drawing her closer to him.

They kissed for a long time, reacquainting themselves with the taste and feel of the other, memorizing, remembering. Buffy had somehow ended up beneath him and he pulled back to gaze down at her. He'd never seen her look more beautiful than she did at that very moment. Hair splayed against his pillow, lips swollen from his kisses, eyes dark with passion. She was perfect, and she was his.

His.

The thought alone made him achingly hard. This tiny girl in his arms was his. She belonged to him as much as he belonged to her. They could not deny this thing between them any longer, to do so would be absolute blasphemy. To have gone one more moment without telling her how he really felt...to think that she could have died without knowing...

Angel kissed her again desperately, not being able to stand the thought of being without her. She responded eagerly, wrapping her arms around his neck and combing her fingers through his luxurious hair. A low rumble sounded in his chest, and she giggled when she realized he was purring.

Her laughter stilled him for a moment, and he pulled back to gaze at her. She looked so young and innocent splayed against the sea of satin...but she didn't look like she wanted to stop. Staring into her eyes, he knew she was ready.

They both were.

Using her Slayer strength she tugged him on top of her completely after a few more moments of heated silence, gasping when they were finally fully touching. She felt the bulge of his desire for her against her leg and knew that this was going to happen tonight. While frightening, the knowledge also excited her. She'd dreamed about this for so long...

Her cardigan had been discarded in their shift of position and her nipples were poking through the fabric of her clammy tank top, demanding attention. She blushed at her reaction to him and felt the urge to cover herself again, but when she glanced up into his eyes all shyness flew from her mind. He was looking at her as if she was the most beautiful creature in the universe, like she was a Goddess. She shivered as chills raced down her spine. No one had ever made her feel that way, and she knew that no one else ever would. They had been made for each other, of that she was certain.

When Angel's hand grazed the hem of her tank top, she tensed slightly. He noticed and pulled away immediately, not wanting to frighten her. She grabbed his hand when she felt him retreat and held it above the soft curve of her belly. He felt her shake as she stammered, "Angel, I...I'm a...I, uh, haven't ever--"

"I know," Angel whispered, saving her from further embarrassment. He found her shyness endearingly sweet and felt his heart brim with love for her, feeling humbled that she was letting him do this. "Do you want to stop?"

For a split second, she did. As things were progressing she was getting more and more scared. She wasn't scared of him--quite the opposite. She trusted Angel more than she trusted herself. But it was her first time *being* with someone. Being with them totally and completely, in the totally-naked Biblical sense; giving her body to another. It was a huge deal.

She knew, though, that if she didn't do this now she'd never do it because she'd never want anyone as badly as she wanted Angel at that moment. She took a deep breath.

"No."

He'd watched her for the second that she'd been silent, saw the fear and then the sharp realization. He smiled down at her, pressing a gentle kiss to her forehead. "Are you sure?"

"More than anything," she said. "Just...can we go slow?"

"I wouldn't dream of doing anything else," Angel replied as he leaned down to brush his lips against hers again. "And if you ever want to stop, just say so."

She nodded silently, comforted by his words. Gripping his cool hand in her shaking one, she guided him to her breast and gently pressed his hand onto her. Angel shook as he held her, marveling at the feel of her beneath his palm. When he knew that he'd be able to control himself he squeezed gently, lifting the heavy globe and kneading her. Buffy moaned and closed her eyes, surrendering to his touch.

Bringing his other hand up to play with her neglected breast, he explored her curves. When his fingers found her nipples, she gasped and jumped slightly, the pleasure such a simple act brought stunning her. His hands on her felt so good, so right...

"Angel..." she murmured, a smile gracing her lips.

"I love you, Buffy," he said softly, his voice as hypnotic as the rain that beat against the windowpane.

"I love you, too," she whispered back. His hands unexpectedly left her breasts and moved to her back. Pulling her up just a bit he slowly ran his hands up underneath the hem of her tank top. This time she didn't stop him, so he gripped the bottom of it and lifted, drawing the garment up and away from her body. She raised her arms to aid him and then returned to the nest of pillows. He dropped the shirt on the floor next to the bed, ignoring the wet plop it made as it landed.

She giggled at the sound but quickly quieted when she saw Angel sit back on his heels. He was staring at her chest so intently that she felt the urge to cover herself again. Bringing both hands up to shield her from his view, she was stopped by him gently catching her wrists.

"Don't."

"Angel..." she said, looking away as he released her. She had to grasp handfuls of his sheets to keep from giving in and hiding herself. When she looked back he was directly over her again and was raising a shaky hand to touch her.

His fingernail gently scraped over her engorged nipple and she jumped, shuddering from the chill that passed down her spine. "You're so beautiful," he whispered as he bowed his head as though in worship, taking her nipple between his lips and sucking gently. Buffy gasped at the feel of his cool, wet mouth on her and found herself pushed up into him, wanting more.

Angel gladly obliged, alternately swirling his tongue around the erect nipple and laving it gently. He found a rhythm and held it, his head moving back and forth as he worked. She was so soft and so warm...it had been much too long since he'd been with a woman...and yet this was so much more than anything he'd ever experienced.

He raised his eyes up to her beautiful face and knew in that moment that the thousands of women he'd been with over the centuries had merely been preparing him to be able to make love to her properly. All his experience, everything he'd done didn't mean a thing now because he'd never made love with anyone before. He'd never felt this way, and because of that it was new for him as well.

Angel turned his attention to her neglected breast, leaving the nipple he'd just been suckling on cold and wet and yearning for more. She moaned loudly when he bit down, her fingers moving to tangle in his hair and hold him against her.

"Oh Angel...don't stop," she pleaded. He had no intention of ever stopping. Running his tongue over her hot flesh he returned to her other breast once more, peppering wet, open-mouthed kisses all over her heaving chest. Licking a trail up her breastbone, he traveled to her neck and nibbled his way to her ear. He purposely ignored the demon as it flared at the feel of her blood rushing beneath her skin, instead latching on to her earlobe and biting gently. To have that part of him even try to ruin this for them...he'd die first.

He kissed her cheekbones and the tip of her nose. Exploring her mouth again, Angel thrust his tongue in and dueled playfully with hers. Feeling her hands at the base of his shirt he got the hint, pulling back and sitting up so that she could pull it off.

He was magnificent. Hard, sculpted muscle, skin as smooth as marble and pale as alabaster... She traced a fingertip down his chest and over his well-defined stomach, delighting in the way he rippled beneath her touch.

"So beautiful," she echoed as she pulled him down again. The feel of their naked torsos meeting for the first time sent them both reeling. Hard met soft, cold met hot...they melded together perfectly.

He leaned down to kiss her forehead, retreating with a smile on his lips so he could look into her eyes. Trailing kisses back down her throat, he traveled the valley between her breasts and reached the smooth skin of her belly. He traced her ribs, nudging them with his nose. She giggled when his tongue dipped into her belly button, causing him to smile too.

He rubbed his cheek against her soft skin and inhaled deeply, filling his nostrils with her unique scent. He trailed his hands up over her small calves and perfect thighs until they came to a rest at the top of her leggings. Pausing, Angel looked up at her to make sure he had her permission to continue.

Buffy swallowed when he gazed at her, a question in his eyes. Forcing herself to relax, she nodded once and watched with a strange feeling of trepidation as he skimmed his fingers beneath the waistband and gently tugged. She arched her hips off the bed to help him and he drew her pants down her legs, stopping when he reached her boots.

"Problem?" she joked as he expertly unzipped them and dropped them to the floor. Her pants followed a moment later, leaving her clad only in a pair of white string bikini panties.

"Taken care of." The scent of her arousal was heavy in the air as he slid up her body again. Moving off of her, he rolled to the side and propped himself up on his elbow, running his free hand back down over her rib cage to her only remaining piece of clothing. His fingers dipped under the elastic but stayed near the top, not wanting to frighten her.

"Are you okay?" he asked. She looked at him with her big doe-eyes, allowing him to glimpse into her heart.

With a half-smile she said, "Yeah, I'm okay." Her heart raced under her left breast, furiously pumping blood through her tiny body. Pumping for him...he was doing this to her.

"Do you want me to keep going?" he asked huskily, his fingers itching to bury themselves in her heat.

"Yes," she croaked. He tried not to show her how happy that simple answer made him. Her trust and love left him speechless. No one had ever made him feel so...human.

Skillfully he managed to pull off her panties with one hand, baring her to him. Her honey-brown nest of curls was soaked with her desire, and her underwear dripped--not just because of the rain--when he pulled it away from her center. She bent her knees up to help him pull them off completely, pointing her toes like a ballerina when he reached her feet. Dropping them off the side of the bed, he crept his hand back up to her center and with a deep, unnecessary breath he touched her hot, slippery sex.

Buffy shuddered at the first brush of his fingers on her clit. A moan escaped her half-parted lips as he traced her outer lips with his fingertips, running up and down her dripping sex but not delving deeper. He watched her face in wonder as he touched her, male satisfaction creeping through him as she whimpered and closed her eyes.

His questing fingers explored her with feather-light touches as he continued to watch, she continued to feel, and the rain continued to fall. Her honey started to flow generously as he found her clit and skillfully began to manipulate it.

"Angel," she whimpered as her hips instinctively bucked against his hand.

"Shh," he smiled. "You still okay?"

"Oh yeah," she said breathily. Her back arched off the bed and she moaned again when he circled her entrance with a single finger and dipped inside shallowly. She scalded him with her heat and he bit back a growl, not wanting to scare her.

He slid his finger in deeper and felt her ripple around him, going slowly so as not to hurt her. Her body clamped down on the intruding finger and pulled him in, the suction of her wet walls aiding in his quest. Finding her g-spot he rubbed gently, eliciting another moan from Buffy. Her breathing was speeding up and a thin sheen of sweat had broken out all over her body.

She started to pant when he withdrew his finger and attacked her clit, massaging it with more authority. Leaning over to kiss her, he licked at the sweat forming on her upper lip and swallowed her load moan. He pressed his forehead into her cheek, nibbling at her sticky skin as he continued his assault on her.

Concentrating solely on her clit he brought her to the edge of her first orgasm. Buffy writhed beneath him, moaning and breathing heavily. Her hand came up to wrap around Angel's bicep at the white-hot pleasure that shoot through her. She'd never felt anything like this before, the intensity was shocking. Holding on tightly to him she closed her eyes, arching off the bed as her mouth fell open in a silent cry, her orgasm hitting her.

Angel lifted his head to watch her. Buffy in the throes of ecstasy was by far the most beautiful thing he'd ever seen. Pleasure stole across her face as she panted his name and thrust against his fingers. He felt humbled that he was able to share this with her, that she had felt he was worthy enough to be her first.

Working her down gently, he watched in rapt fascination as she collapsed against the pillows with a loud sigh. Her dark skin contrasted sharply with the white silk of his sheets and the sheen of her sweat made her glow in the soft light. Angel felt the overwhelming urge to crush her to him, to take her in his arms and never let her go He knew that after that night they would be inseparable, that he would never be able to even let her out of his sight.

Her eyes opened slowly after her breathing had somewhat returned to normal and she met his dark gaze. "Hi," she whispered almost sheepishly, a small smile tugging at the corner of her mouth.

"You okay?" he asked again as he reluctantly removed his hand from her sex, resisting the urge to lick his fingers clean. He didn't want to scare her in any way and he feared that the sight of him tasting her juices would do just that. Wiping them discreetly on the sheets, he knew that her scent would never completely leave his bed.

If he was lucky, neither would she.

"Mmm," she said as she stretched, only slightly shy of her nudity. "More than okay. I love you."

Angel felt like he was flying. Her arousal hung heavily in the air, sweetened from her orgasm. Suddenly he had to taste her, he had to feel her honey sliding over his tongue and down his throat...

Using his vampiric speed, Angel dove between her legs and plunged his face into her. She tried to sit up, obviously startled, when he darted his tongue out to taste her. "Angel, what--" she asked as her hands moved to his head. Intent on pulling him away, she instead held him closer when she felt his tongue circle her clit. "Oh God..."

Her ambrosia was sweeter than honey, richer than the finest chocolate. Craving it more than blood he suckled at her tender flesh, diving into the soft curls at her center to trace her pouty lips with his tongue. She writhed against the bed as he continued to explore her, nibbling at her clit and flicking the distended bud.

Angel ran his hands up her legs and pushed her thighs apart more, further exposing her to him. Hooking her legs over his shoulders, he cradled her tiny hips as he flattened his tongue and gave her a long, sinuous lick. Buffy cried out--his name--and arched off the bed, combing her little hands through his hair and holding him close to her. She was beyond embarrassment and shyness, he was making her feel things she'd never experienced before and she didn't want him to stop.

He had no intention of doing so until the girl in his arms knew just how much he adored her. She was nearly sobbing when he latched onto her clit and sucked hard, arching painfully off the bed to get closer to his mouth. She squirmed as he pumped first one, then two fingers deep into her, crooking his finger up inside of her and stroking her inner walls as he continued his manipulation of her clit with his mouth.

When he bit down lightly and pulled on her nubbin she shattered. "Angel!" she cried as she shuddered around him, a flood of moisture gushing out of her in the wake of her orgasm. She was soaking wet now, her inner thighs and his face coated in her juices. Collapsing back against the pillows, she mewled as he kissed his way back up her body, dipping into her belly button, running his tongue over the indentations of her rib cage, and pressing open-mouthed kisses all over the gentle swells of her breasts, leaving a sticky trail of her arousal in his wake.

Angel pressed his lips to hers, allowing her to taste herself. Buffy was surprised at the tangy taste but didn't pull away, bringing her hands up to caress his wet cheeks as she kissed him back with rising passion. She started to sit up, pushing him back as she did so, and ran her hands down over his muscular back.

Realizing her intent he sat up with her, managing to not break the contact of their lips. He crept backwards and she crawled with him until they reached the end of the bed, Angel stepping off it gracefully and standing before her, the large bulge in his pants apparent. Buffy rose on her knees with him, her hands moving to the front of his black slacks to unbutton them. She fumbled with the single button and scrunched her nose in frustration before looking up at him and smiling shyly.

"You'd think that with all the practice I've had I'd be able to work a button," she said.

His fingers moved to aid her as he returned her smile. "You can't use the blond excuse with me anymore," Angel said, his eyes twinkling. "I know your secret."

"What secret?" she asked, a deep blush rising in her cheeks. He chuckled as he moved his hand down to her sopping curls, twining a finger in them.

"This secret," he told her, leaning down to kiss her softly. Her hands moved briefly over the huge expanse of his back before returning to work on his pants. Getting them unbuttoned and unzipped, she tugged them down his lean hips and let them puddle at his feet. When that was finished she sat back on her heels and stared as he was bared to her for the first time.

He was huge. His erection jutted out before him, straining towards her, and she stared with wide eyes at it, watching it swell further under her heated gaze. He was so big and looked so hard...she wondered if it felt as hard as it looked.

Reaching a hand out tentatively, Buffy ran a finger down his hard length, watching in fascination as he jumped and moaned. She glanced up at him and met his eyes, smiling sheepishly when she realized he was watching her intently.

She turned her attention back to his cock, gripping it and pulling him towards her as she moved back across the mattress. It was awkward, but he was soon laying on his side facing her, his eyes closing in pleasure as she explored him. Moving her hand down his velvety length made him shudder and when Buffy saw how responsive he was to her she grew a little bolder. She gently scrapped her fingernails over his cock, drawing the bit of moisture that leaked out of the nearly-purple head down to use as lubrication.

He brought a hand up to help her stroke him, covering her tiny one with his and gently showing her what he liked most. Her confidence got a major boost when she realized that he was enjoying himself and that he seemed to be liking what she was doing to him. Tightening her grip, she slid her hand up and down faster, amazed that something that hard could feel so soft.

Angel groaned when she squeezed him, her warm hand working him into a frenzy. It had been so long since he'd been touched by anyone but himself, and Buffy was so eager to please...

She wanted to taste him, but was afraid that she'd do it all wrong. She'd never given anyone a blow job before--had never even touched anyone before him--and he was so big, she'd never be able to get him into her mouth. Reading cheesy romance novels and actually sucking on someone's cock were two completely different things and she knew that she wasn't ready to experience that.

"Angel..." she started, her cheeks turning rosy. "Do you want me to...y'know..." Not being able to force the words through her closed throat she squeezed him gently and bit her lip, hoping he'd get the message.

He whimpered at her innocence. "Buffy," Angel said softly, his voice husky with desire, "you don't have to do anything you don't want to do. There's time for all that later. Just do what makes you comfortable."

His short speech gave her courage and Buffy nodded once, resuming her stroking. He seemed to be enjoying her ministrations and she was content to just touch him and acquaint herself with his body.

"Buffy, you...you gotta stop," Angel managed to grate out when he felt a tingling in his balls, thrusting his hips up into her waiting hand, craving the delicious friction she produced.

"No," she said with a giggle, jerking him harder. He panted unnecessarily as his control shattered and he tipped over the edge into ecstasy. His cold, lifeless seed spurted onto her stomach as he whispered her name and his hips jerked spasmodically before going still.

He was quiet for a moment before cracking an eye open sheepishly. Her hand had released his still-hard shaft and was poking at the sticky fluid that slid down her belly. "I made a mess," he said as he moved to pick up a corner of the sheet to wipe her clean with.

"It's sticky," she remarked as she drew her fingers away. A small trail stuck on her flesh as she raised her hand to her lips, her tongue darting out to taste his essence. It was saltily sweet, but didn't taste bad like she'd expected it to. Looking back up into his dark eyes she continued, "Tastes kinda good."

Angel watched with hooded eyes as she dipped her fingers back into his liquid and again licked herself clean, feeling his cock swell at the erotic sight of her with his seed on her stomach. Not letting her finish, he shifted onto her, kissing her deeply as he shifted his hips to rest squarely on hers.

Feeling his erection nestled against her inner thigh made her shiver in anticipation. Buffy pulled back to stare deeply into her soon-to-be-lover's eyes, shocked at the emotions swirling there. His face was solemn for a moment before a small grin tugged at the corner of his lips and he leaned down to brush his lips against hers. He drew her lower lip into his mouth and nibbled while bracing himself on his elbows above her, pressing his hardness against her heat.

And she knew that this was it, this was the moment they'd been building up to. Things were about to change between them forever, and she welcomed it. They were ready for it, their relationship had reached this point and there was no going back.

There never had been.

"Are you sure?" Angel asked softly, kissing the tip of her nose. Buffy arched up into him, spreading her thighs further and opening herself to him.

"More than anything in the whole world," she whispered, her voice thick with emotion. "I love you, Angel."

"I love you, Buffy Summers," Angel replied just as softly. Buffy instinctively wrapped her legs around his hips, bringing him closer to the center of her world.

He reached a hand down to guide himself to her slippery entrance, his thumb rubbing her clitoris. Leaning down to kiss her again, he flexed his hips and slowly began to enter her.

Buffy gasped as she felt him painstakingly fill her. He was so big, she didn't know how he was going to fit inside of her. It felt strange at first, but she locked her arms around his neck and raised her hips to help him slide into her, somehow knowing that it was the right thing to do.

Her wet walls clung to him hungrily, drawing him deep into her core. Angel came to the blockage of her virginity and, pressing his lips to her soothingly, gently pushed through. Buffy felt a sharp tear as a resounding pain shot through her body, making her clench tightly around the intruding object. She bit back tears and tried to squirm away from the pain--and him--trying to make it stop.

"Shh," Angel whispered, pressing his forehead to hers and stroking her trembling sides. He stayed still inside of her as her little body rippled around him, working to accomadate his massive girth. Nuzzling her neck, her hair, her cheek, her nose, he wished desperately that he could ease her pain. A single tear tracked down her cheek and he licked it away, meeting her lips in an achingly sweet kiss.

When she had quieted in his arms, he lifted his head. "Okay?" She nodded once, too choked up to speak. He slid inch by agonizingly sweet inch into her until their bodies were joined completely for the first time. Angel's eyes filled with unexpected tears and he buried his face in the crook of her shoulder to ride out the wave of emotions and sensations that crashed through him. She was impossibly tight and scaldingly hot and she felt...like home.

Angel pulled back and pumped back in gently, his muscles cording and his body flexing as he leaned back to watch Buffy's face. He saw her wince at his motions and slowed even more. Pumping into her slowly for several minutes gave Buffy time to adjust to having him inside of her and the ache slowly began to fade as she became familiar with it. The pain was replaced by a deep pleasure that quickly spread through her entire body, threatening to consume her.

She was so hot and wet and tight that Angel was glad he was going slow. If he hadn't been, he might have spilled his seed before the beautiful girl beneath him had had her pleasure. When she thrust back against him gently he knew she was starting to feel what he was and he slid out of her and back in with more force. His pubic bone rubbed against her clit and she gasped at the bolt of pleasure that shot through her as he filled her again.

"Angel," she whimpered as he bent his head to suckle at her breast once more. Her hands traversed the large expanse of his back, tracing the tattoo she saw in her mind's eye as her legs wrapped around him tighter. Buffy picked up the rhythm he was setting and arched herself into his mouth, not believing that she could ever feel something so heavenly.

Their hips ground together as Angel thrust into her, craving the friction of her slippery walls. His eyes nearly crossed at the pleasure as he leaned down to swallow her whimper in his mouth. Panting, Buffy flung her head against the satin pillows and arched her back as her mouth fell open in a silent cry.

She felt like she was flying. Never before had she felt so in tune with him, Buffy couldn't tell where he ended and she began. His thrusts sped up, returning him to her faster and faster as pleasure shot through her.

On the edge of her orgasm, she desperately wanted to share it with Angel. Taking a tip from one of her mother's magazines, she clamped down on his cold cock, squeezing him with her vice-like muscles. Angel shouted in surprise, looking down at her. She smiled up at him and did it again, eliciting another groan from him. Buffy was covered in sweat, her body sliding against Angel's as they rushed towards their climaxes.

When Angel wormed a hand between their bodies and rolled her clit between his fingertips she lost it. Coming with his name on her lips she thrust against him, bucking and arching and thrusting wildly in her passion. Her eyes were squeezed shut and her mouth was open, her head tossing on the pillows as she clawed at his back, trying to get closer to him still. Her orgasm triggered his, her rippling core milking him. Buffy felt little jets of coolness soothing her burning walls and felt tears threaten again.

Angel was screaming her name.

He thrust wildly into her, driven on by primal instinct, pumping his hips helplessly to plant his seed as deeply inside of her as he could. Collapsing on top of her, he shuddered and heaved a sigh, a soul-deep peace settling over his weary soul. To have shared something that beautiful with her, to have been given the gift of her love...it was so overwhelming.

Buffy's legs tightened around his hips, her heels locking and her arms wrapping around him to pull him flush up against her. Angel buried his face into her shoulder and gathered her into his arms, feeling her heart racing beneath her heaving breast. Angel felt his own heart burst with love for her. Never before had he felt that close to someone, he finally felt worthy of her. They had shared something sacred, something as old as time itself, and he knew that after this night they would be inseparable, that as long as he lived he would protect and love her with everything in him.

"Mmm," she said after a time, shifting beneath him. Angel made a move to roll off of her, but Buffy would have none of it. Tightening her hold on him, she burrowed into his shoulder, pressing open-mouthed kisses on his skin.

Lifting his head with effort, Angel smiled down at her and asked, "Everything okay?"

"Everything's perfect," she whispered, kissing him softly. After another minute Angel's soft cock slipped out of her, making her whimper at the lose. He smirked and rolled off of her, drawing her to him and twining his legs with hers. Buffy's arm snaked across his chest and her head fit perfectly beneath his chin as she got comfortable, curling her body around his. "Perfect."

"Buffy, I..." Angel trailed off, not knowing how he could even begin to describe the depth of his feelings for her. He felt her smile against his chest before her lips pressed against the skin over his unbeating heart.

"I know, Angel. Somehow...I just know." Buffy paused. "I love you."

"I love you," he said with an unexpected eagerness. Holding her closer, he silently vowed to tell her how he felt for the rest of his life and to keep her safe and by his side. He'd waited for two hundred and forty years for her, there was no way he was letting her go now.

All the white horses are still in bed
I tell you that I'll always want you near
You say that things change, my dear...

And if only they knew what was to come, the horrors and pain and terror that would soon be upon them. The affliction, the trials were something neither of them could even dream of. If only they could stay as they were now, side by side, skin against skin, happy and in love...and just be...

But at that moment they had each other, and that was enough.

 

The End

<< back