Angel's Secrets

Creative Works   

Amti Island (Part 2)
By Starswirl M.
pochacco989(at)hotmail.com

Disclaimer: Characters of Buffy the Vampire Slayer aren't mine, they belong to Joss Whedon (He rules!) and Mutant Enemy, etc.
Author's note: Ok I know I said this was gonna be a 3 parter.. ok I lied…. but due to the story and the length of it, it might be a little longer like a 4 or 5 parter. Well anyway ENJOY! =)

. . .

Angel picked up the annoying phone. "Hello?"

"Hello Angel? Is that you?"

"Yes, hello Giles. Just a sec."

"Wait, does she suspect anything?"

"No, not yet. She doesn't even have a clue yet. Here, I'll put her on the line", Angel put him on hold. "Buff, it's Giles!" He yelled across the hall.

"Coming" Said Buffy. "Hey Giles!" Buffy Cheerfully said.

"Hello Buffy. So How are you enjoying your stay?"

"'It's wonderful. If I didn't know better, I would've thought this was just a way to get me a vacation." Buffy joked.

There was a pause, oh no she's figured it out, Giles panicked.

"Giles? You there?"

"Um.. yes, well it isn't" Giles said not-too convincingly. "So how's our demon residences." He quickly changed the subject.

"Well… I.. didn't exactly go hunting yet, I thought that it would be.. er… safer to scout the land in daylight first." Buffy said in excuse.

"That's a reasonable excuse. Well I guess Happy Hunting tonight. How are you and Angel…" Giles said in deeper meaning.

"There's nothing. Nothing at all, I mean we spent last night together… I mean spent the night playing board games together last night. Don't worry. Oh I gotta go, the pizza's burning. Bye Giles!" Buffy was off before he could say a word.

Later that night…..

The 2 of them rested on the comfy silk sofa having happy non-thoughts. Just the thought of being together kept them both happy. A loud clock chime interrupted their train of thought.

"Wow! It's already 9 o'clock! I think I should go to some hunting." Buffy exclaimed.

"Do you want me to come?" Angel offered.

"If you want.." Buffy teased. "Wait I gotta get into some hunting clothes." Moments later, Buffy came down with tear-aways and a black hoody, "Let's go kick demon ass!" Said slyly smiled.

The night was quiet and Angel and Buffy were taking a quiet stroll on the beach near the forest.

"Angel?" Said Buffy.

"Yea what?" Angel said as he was deep in thought.

"You just seem so quiet, what is it?" Buffy asked.

"Oh it's nothing, I was just thinking."

"About…?"

"How nice it would have been to bring you here on a sunrise. " he let thought slip out without knowing it. He had realized he had said it out loud when Buffy's face formed a frown. "Oh… I didn't mean that Buffy, just forget I said it…" he quickly said to hide his feelings.

"Angel, you know it's not a possibility. I just---" She paused. "Need you to duck!"

"Huh?" Angel said, then he ducked when he saw her swing at him.

There were 5 of them. Buffy had recognized them immediately, vampires. She had staked the first one when it attack Angel. They both jumped into action. The vampire's ambush wasn't a great success as always with Buffy around.

"So what were we talking about before?" Asked Buffy as she cooled down.

"Oh, nothing much. It's been a while, do you want to get back to the house now?" Angel said trying to switch their previous conversation.

"Sure." Buffy said as they headed back.

In Xander's room…..

"So Josh, how's … everything" Xander said in a half-jealous way.

"You mean with Cordelia. I know. To tell you the truth, she always seems so distracted." Said Josh

Surprised, Xander said "How so?"

"Well you know I've been dating her for a while right? Well I don't know it's just this feeling I get."

"What? She's not good enough for you?" Xander raised his voice.

"No, it's not that at all" Josh calmly said. "Every time I mention Buffy or any of you she just .. I dunno, she just glares at me and becomes so cold. From what I know, it must have been a tramatic experience."

Xander felt a twang of guilt cutting through him. He remembered the night that Spike came back and Cordy and Oz found Him and Willow making out on the bed. Then he remembered the sight of Cordelia, impaled. He stood in deep thought. "It was" He finally sputtered out.

"Huh?" Josh said, he was caught off guard with Xander's reply.

"I mean it must have been."

"What must have been?' Josh asked.

Snapping to his senses, Xander said "Nevermind--"

" Muffins anyone?" Willow cheerfully interupted.

"Oh! Muffins" Josh rushed to the plate.

"Um Xander can speak to you for a moment" Willow said softly.

"Sure Will" Xander replied.

"Josh… Can I speak to you in the other room" Oz said

"Sure" Josh said suspiciously.

On the Island……

Buffy went to her room and she found a rectangular parcel with a note in purple floral stationary on the canopy bed. She read the note:

Buffy, Open this and meet me in the Ballroom in an hour. Love Angel

She opened the parcel and gasped. Inside she found a beautiful long silver satin dress, satin gloves, satin shoes and a matching set of diamond earrings and necklace. She went to put it on.

An hour had passed and Buffy went directly to the ballroom. As she reached the intricately designed doors of the ballroom, they automatically opened. She walked in and found herself encircled by a rainbow of roses in a spotlight. Then she saw Angel.

He was in a dark suit and was holding bouquet of flowers. As he appeared out of the shadows, he had a big grin on his face and he slowly walked towards her. She smiled back, they looked perfect together.

"May I have this dance milady?" Angel said half-teasingly.

Buffy smiled and said "You may kind sir."

Angel snapped his fingers and a slow dance songs came on. They literally danced the night away.

The Week After….

"Hey you guys ready yet? Because the faster we get to the island the more fun we can have. " Xander said.

"I have some spell books and stuff to pack still, just wait." Willow said in a hurry.

"Spell books? Why?" Asked Giles

"Well it's been a week and well just in case I brought an Orb of Thesula" Willow answered.

"I told you to pack the night before. Just don't take a century now." Xander said as Willow rushed to her room after elbowing him.

Willow shortly arrived with her hands full of suitcases and bags.

"Need help?" Oz offered. She nodded and he took 2 of her bags.

Everyone was packed and they loaded their luggage to Oz's zebra-striped van. It was about a 3 hour drive and another half-hour by boat to get to Amti Island. During that time the gang played a series of cards, truth-or-dare, and exchanged jokes and sarcastic remarks on the way.

"I'm SOOOO bored." Josh said.

"I've got an idea.. let's play truth or dare." Cordelia suggested.

Everyone was equally suffering from boredom, so they all agreed except for Xander "Count me out of it" Xander said.

"Why Xander? Too chicken?" Cordy said

"Fine…. But it doesn't mean you've won." Xander said in a defensive mood.

"Ok I'll start." Willow said. "So Cordelia….Truth or dare?"

"Um…. Dare"

"Aren't we feeling a little devilish" Josh teased.

"Ok.. I dare you to quack like a chicken around the boat." Willow evilly grinned.

"Fine…" Cordy did her dare and everyone had a great laugh. Even Giles, who was sitting at the side of the boat reading, looked up and laughed.

"My turn…Xander…. Truth or Dare" Cordelia said.

He sighed and said "I really don't feel like moving right now so … Truth."

"Excellent… What do or did you see in Willow?" Cordy said coldly under a casually disguised voice.

Xander tried to read her but he couldn't. "I'm not gonna answer that" He finally said when Willow clearly looked offended.

Once again the atmosphere became icy.

Then Giles jumped in. "We're here. Let's go get your bags and we'll check into our rooms."

They stayed in a summer house, almost identical to Buffy and Angel's.

At the Beach House…..

Angel and Buffy just started dinner after sunset, which was around 8-ish.

"Morning honey" Buffy said as Angel yawned and appeared from his room in black jumping sheep PJs.

The night before had knocked him out.

He leaned over to his her "Hey"

Buffy kissed him back and said " Thank you"

"What for?"

"Last night. It was very sweet." She smiled.

"Your always welcome. I just wish that last night could have lasted a bit longer."

They kissed.

"So, ya ready for dinner… er breakfast… er you know what I mean" Buffy said.

"You cooked?" Angel joked.

Buffy pretended to be offended "Oh come on just try some.. I'm sure you'll like it."

Buffy led him to the dinning room.

"Wow.. this is great…" said Angel.

"Hey Home Ec class actualy teaches you fine cooking" Smiled Buffy.

They had dinner and then they were off to hunting.

As Angel went upstairs to get a change of clothes instead of his dark sheep pajamas, he found a note beside his bed.

Angel, Bring Buff to the house on the other side by 10 tonight. We're already there. See ya soon, Willow

He saw the cute smiley face that Willow drew beside her name and smiled. Then he got Buffy and they set off.

The other side….

"Oz! Do you know where I put the cake? This place has like 5 kitchens… I forgot which fridge I put it in." Willow shouted.

"I'll help you look." Oz offered.

"Thanks.. Oh could you get the rest of them to help put up the decorations please" Willow shouted across the room in a panicking tone.

"Relax Will! We're done in the ballroom" Said Xander from the living room, he didn't even look up from his coloured Gameboy.

Willow appeared in the living room and glanced that the others. Giles was reading an ancient book. Cordelia and Josh made lovy dovy faces at each other. And Xander was playing his Gameboy.

"Oh hey Willow!" Josh said

"Hey!" They all said.

"Aren't you guys the least bit panicky? And where are your party hats?" Willow said.

"Willow, it's just Buffy… it's not like we haven't thrown a party for her before… and I'm not wear the party hat." Said Giles

Oz came behind her " I'm done"

Willow jumped and yelled "Don't do that!…"

"Oh I'm sorry…" Oz said, a little hurt

"No I am.. it's just that I'm so stressed right now.. I'm sorry."

"It's ok… come on. Sit and relax with us, it's only 9 or so. We've got a whole hour to waste." Oz smiled at her

Willow sat beside him and started to relax a little.

Meanwhile…..

Buffy and Angel stalked the beach, where

"Hey Buffy why don't we check on the other side of the island, I know we haven't been there. Maybe those vampires that attacked us hide up there." Angel suggested, casually diverting her to the party.

"I don't think that's safe because we haven't got a clue of what lurks there. That's strange…" Said Buffy.

"What's strange?" Angel said slighty cautious.

"You are always the one to not take chances… alright, what's going on?" Buffy said suspiously.

"Nothing.. I swear." Angel said innocently.

"Fine, I believe you." Buffy said sarcasticly

"Let's just go.. come on." Angel urged her.

"Ok."

They traveled for a while and they reached the other side.

"Now that's strange." Said Buffy

They both saw it, tri-coloured lights that came from in side the forest and 15 vampire guards dressed in brown leather jerkins.

. . .

Page 2 of 4
Read the next part
>>

. . .

**Enjoyed it? Please send me feedback…. I don't care what kind! =) Please send it to Pochacco989(at)hotmail.com - Thanks for reading!


Fanfiction Index